The Bad Boy Is Possessive

By BrittanyLeigh8

Is it possible for a bad boy to be your saving grace? Well for Farrah Bryant it was. After she finds out her... More

Chapter 1- The Bad Boy Is Planning Something
Chapter 2- Deal With The Devil
Chapter 3- Practice Makes Perfect
Chapter 4- Not what I Expected
Chapter 5- Meeting The Bad Boy's Parents
Chapter 6- Bad Boy Surprises
Chapter 7- Curiosity Killed The Cat
Chapter 8- Relationship Status: It's Complicated
Chapter 9- It's A Good Thing I'm Not A Vampire. I'd Never Make It.
Chapter 10- A Little of the Unexpected
Chapter 11- Ditching School With The Bad Boy (Part 1)
Chapter 12- Ditching School With The Bad Boy (Part 2)
Chapter 13- Ditching School With The Bad Boy (Part 3)
Chapter 14- Vandalising the Bad Boy's Car with Lipstick and Bieber
Chapter 15- The Bad Boy is an Evil Genius
Chapter 16- The Bad Boy and His Eggs Distracted Me
Chapter 17- Bad Boy Confessions
Chapter 18- Bad Boy Advice
Chapter 19- Lake Trip With The Bad Boy Pt.1
Chapter 20- Lake Trip With The Bad Boy Pt. 2
Chapter 21- Lake Trip With The Bad Boy Pt.3
Chapter 22- Lake Trip With The Bad Boy Pt. 4
Chapter 23- Girls Night
Chapter 24- The Bad Boy Has A Romantic Side
Chapter 26- I Know People Can Surprise You But I Never Expected This
Chapter 27- Everyone Has Secrets
Chapter 28- Breakthrough
Chapter 29- The Bad Boy Likes Trouble
Chapter 30- The Beach House
Chapter 31- The Truth Will Out
Chapter 32- The Walk on the Wild Side Isn't for Everyone
Chapter 33- Why Me?
Chapter 34- Out of Sight, Out of Mind
Chapter 35- Until You
Chapter 36- You Live And You Learn
Epilogue
TBBIP Spin-off- "Just My Type"

Chapter 25- Just My Luck

1.7M 25.1K 11.6K
By BrittanyLeigh8

Chapter 25- Just My Luck

It was finally here. That dreaded that everyone hates after a wonderful three-day weekend, or mostly wonderful weekend, Tuesday. I definitely could have used a few more days with the bad boy but I guess we can’t always have what we want, sadly.

But I suppose we will have plenty of other weekends and plus I had missed the girls. Even our sleepover wasn’t enough time to find out what everyone had been up to. I’m sure that was partly because we were cyber stalking my boyfriend’s ex girlfriend but still.

As I patiently wait for Olivia to arrive I sit bundled up on this brisk morning with my copy of The Hunger Games in hand reading about the adventures of Katniss and Peeta. I guess my Monday could be a lot worse. Right now it didn’t seem so bad.

The sound of tires traveling up the drive quickly notifies me of Olivia’s arrival. This is just not like her to be running late. She is always the prompt and ever so eager one to get to class. I can recall a time she freaked out on me for fifteen minutes because I made her wait on me while I found my jacket. Needless to say she was not happy about it and I didn’t care to witness that scene again. 

As I slip comfortably into front seat of the car I instantly take notice of Grace being absent. Ok this morning just keep getting weirder and weirder. First Olivia is late and then Grace doesn't carpool with us. Grace would never miss school and if she's ever going to miss her ride she texts mre or Olivia and she hadn't said anything to me. Grace wouldn't ruin her perfect attendance record.

"I know, I know., I'm late!" Olivia exclaims as she pulls away from the curb. 

“Where is Grace?” 

Olivia smirks and looks at me out of the corner of her eyes as we speed down the road. “She said she already had a ride and would meet us at school.”

I laughed. “You’re kidding?”

I bet this all had to do with whatever guy she was getting dressed up for yesterday. I have to figure out who this guy is. He must be something pretty special if she’s already accepting rides from him.

“Nope and I’m pretty sure it has to do with the mystery guy she's seeing,” she states.

I’m willing to bet on that.

“Maybe we should follow her after school and find out who it is,” I suggest.

She looks a bit regretful and shakes her head. “I can’t today, sorry. Thomas and I are supposed to meet after school.”

Thomas huh? That brings me back to the other night when I failed to hear the latest on those two. We were all too distracted about other things to talk about it. 

“So, how are things with the two of you?” I ask casually. 

She shrugs, her expression not giving anything away. “Fine, I guess.”

Not sure why, I feel a little disappointed by her lack of enthusiasm. I guess deep down I was hoping things were perfect between them and we'd both get married to best friends and live happily ever after.

"Fine," I say in disbelief. "That's it? That's all I get? Come on, there has to be more than that. You spend every waking moment with him. I can tell he really likes you.”

She smiles but it doesn't quite reach her eyes. I can tell she's making an effort. I feel myself start to panic a little and the protective best friend in me starts clawing her way out to reach her.

“What’s wrong?” I rush to ask. "Did Thomas do something to you. Shall we kill him? We could do it you know."

She laughs a little at me and shakes her head. “It’s nothing. It's not important.”

“Olivia, I‘ve known you a long time so, that’s means I know when you’re lying to me.” I state.

She still doesn't say anything to me so I continue to stare at her until she finally breaks. She takes notice out of the corner of her eye and eventually breaks down and sighs.

“It’s everything, okay," she says. " It's Thomas, it's the fight, it's me."

“Yeah what was that about anyway? The fight I mean.”

I don’t remember who started it or what the reason was. I just know that it involved Travis Milton, the one that set Brody up at that party. I already don’t like him very much and I haven’t even met him yet. Maybe I never would.

“Well," she begins, "we all went to get tickets to this concert Thomas insisted I go to. I barely knew the band but he seemed to love them so I eventually agreed to go. Plus, I had been standing in line for like ever and I wasn't about to waste all that time waiting there when-"

“Anyway.” I say a bit impatiently, urging her to go on.

It’s not hard for her to get off track. You know short attention span and all? But I’m not one to talk. I get side tracked just as much as her if not more.

She continues on.“So after we had been standing in line for so long some guy gets bored and shoves someone who shoves someone else who shoves another person and so on. Anyway, we get shoved, I fall on some random guy, Thomas becomes furious and stalks off to go find the guy responsible for it all. As it turns out the person happens to be, Travis Milton. He immediately started saying some bad things about Sarah and started running his mouth about a party and Thomas got really upset.That's what Kyle and Jake tell me anyway, but I have no idea what it meant and they wouldn't tell me. And that’s when Thomas punched him in the face."

"That's quite a story. You must have been freaking out."

She shrugs. "Not really. I was more worried than anything. And it’s a good thing that Thomas’s brother is a cop or else I’m sure he would have gotten off with a lot worse. He’s lucky it was only a warning.”

“Wait, I’m confused. What’s the problem?”

“He fought for Sarah.” She says hopelessly. "And things are kind of complicated between us right now. I don't know what's happening or where we're going."

Suddenly it all starts to make since how. She’s worried he might still have feeling for Sarah. Well I can put an end to that fear right now.

“Believe me you have nothing to worry about. I can tell Thomas really likes you a lot. And as far as Sarah goes she has found a really great guy. I think he might be the one for her."

“Really?” She asks, her voice a little more cheerful now.

“Yes. I can safely say she doesn’t think of Thomas that way anymore and I’m pretty sure the he feels nothing for her. But if you don’t believe me you can always ask him for yourself.”

"But there's more. We're kind of at an impasse right now," she confesses. Her hands tighten on the wheel as I'm sure she's recalling it. "I think we're both headed in different directions and neither of us are willing to change our course for the other."

"Oh," I say a little off guard. So there was trouble in paradise. Something that went a little deeper than worries."Maybe he just needs some time," I say. "Guys can be difficult sometimes and let's face it, most of them aren't very smart. Sometimes it takes something big for them to realize that they have something they don't want to lose." 

Like Blake for example. The thought of him was bitter and unwelcoming. 

“Maybe,” She agrees. "And then again, maybe he isn't one of the smart ones."

That's a justified fear to have. Impasses end very badly sometimes and neither person walks away happy. 

"And Farrah, Thanks for listening to me," she adds.

“Anytime," I smile. "That's what friends are for."

The rest of the ride to school was filled with useless chatter. Nothing of real importance but I could hardly concentrate with my mind still focused on the fact that Kristen was coming back tomorrow. This could either be a good thing or a bad thing. But I’m thinking more of a bad thing.

Once I enter the school I try looking everywhere for Brody but have no luck. Has he chose not to come to school today? Something about that makes me feel a little disappointed. A day without Brody was like a week without chocolate. I’m sure to be having serious withdrawals.

I try to not let myself become depressed and I saunter over to my locker to retrieve my books for English. Today was the day Mrs. White was letting the class watch Pride and Prejudice but I’m sure it would not be the Kiera Knightly version which was unfortunte because the guy that plays Mr. Darcy isn't hard to look at. 

I pulled my copy of the book from the locker and placed it inside my bag until we reached class. Perhaps I can study for the test coming up in Chemistry while everyone else watches the movie. I close my locker and turn to stalk off to the classroom when I nearly run into someone standing just inches from me. 

“You must be Farrah.” A deep voice says. The voice belongs to a tall blond haired guy, wearing a letter-man jacket, blue hat and dark jeans. He was smiling at me though he didn't radiate friendliness. In fact, he almost seemed kind of fake. 

I shift my books in my arms and say, "Who wants to know?"

He grins at my response and leans up against my locker making himself comfortable there. It was as if he is some permanent fixture on it. Clearly he hasn't really left high school yet. His clothes and personality allows me to see right through him. 

“You can tell your boyfriend I’m looking for him,” he says looking me over. I feel disgusted and degrated just being in front of him.

I pull my bag further up on my shoulder not sure of what I’m supposed to do. The entire moment is sort of awkward. 

“Why don’t you tell him yourself?” I manage to say. 

“I would, but I can’t seem to find him.”

Well, that’s makes two of us.

"And your little friend, what's her name? The blond one with great legs? Thomas's girl."

I start to say her name, but something holds me back and I don't. It feels like a bad idea. Like giving her name out to the enemy. What he wanted with Olivia, I didn't know.

“What do you want Milton?” I hear Brody behind me now and feel his arm wrap around my waist in a possessive manor. I don't have to look at him to know he's not pleased.

Travis notices the gesture and grins."You always did have a problem with sharing, didn't you, Brody?"

Beside me Brody tenses and his fist begin to bawl. I know that if we stand here much longer there's going to be another fight and I can't allow Brody to get in trouble again. 

Travis pushes himself off the lockers and grins at Brody while standing a little too close to me for my liking. Personal space clearly meant nothing to him. 

“I think it's time that you left, Milton, don't you?" Brody says through gritted teeth. He was trying to keep it together the best he could. 

He chuckles. "Leave? But things are just getting good." 

Brody’s eyes leave Travis's long enough to meet mine and they are sending me an intense message. When I don't pick up on it, his arm drops from my waist and he looks toward Mrs. White's classroom.“Farrah go to class.”

I gape at him in disbelief. Did he just give me an order?

"Um..." I start to protest, but his eyes only darken in response. "Now," he says in his no nonsense tone. 

My mouth literally hangs open at his words and I start coming up with a few choice ones of my own in the process. I’m sure his anger is directed at Travis but still, there is no excuse. His response is completely foregn to me and I know this isn't the Brody I know. He never acts this way around me.

He gaze slightly softens when he see's my reaction and I feel a little ashamed at my anger. He was just trying to protect me despite the way he chose to go about it. 

“Fine.” I say through gritted teeth. "Im going."

Before I walk away from him, I take one last look at Travis and then turn to Brody. I grip his arm and lean up to whisper in his ear. My back is to Travis now and he should be able to hear me. 

“Please don’t do anything to get yourself in trouble.” I whisper to Brody before releasing him and continuing to the classroom.

Taking my seat I can’t help but feel worried about the high testosterone males out in the hall. What is Brody going to do? Does he know about Travis’s part in the whole setup at the party? Are they going to fight? The possibilities worry me. If my mom gets word of any of this she’ll force Brody and I apart and I don’t think I can bear that.

Luckily Mrs. White was too concentrated on putting in the movie to notice my late entrance into class. I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t make a big deal about it, but it would make her become concerned seeing as I’m never late for class. Plus, I really didn’t feel like having her question me.

When I look over at Olivia, she raises an eyebrow and sends me a questioning look. Her curiosity is getting the better of her. I shake my head letting her know now is not the time and she nods and looks away. 

Once the movie begins to play Brody casually strolls in fifteen minutes into the film without a care in the world. He takes his usual seat behind me and noisily pulls my desk back until it slams into his.

Mrs. White looks up from her desk and stares at him over her black rimmed glasses and radiates disapproval. “Is there a problem Mr. Bauer?” she asks.

He smiles at her his dazzling smile and answers.“Why would there be a problem? I'm just enjoing the movie, that's all.”

She looks at him for a minute deciding her next course of action before crossing her arms and narrowing her eyes at him. "Then can you explain to me what just happened?"

Confidently he sets up straight in his desk and clears his throat. "Of course. They're all at the ball and Darcy just insulted Elzaibeth Bennet."

He really couldn't go wrong with that assumption seeing at Mr. Darcy often did that. Brody was smart. 

Seeming to be pleased with his answer, Mrs. White forced her gaze away from him and focus her attention back on the TV. A few beats later I feel a tap on my shoulder. 

As quietly as I can, I turn to face a stone faced Brody, his friendly demeanor with Mrs, White clearly washed away from his features. "What?" I say. 

“I don’t want you around Travis Milton anymore.” He says calmly. 

I raise an eyebrow at him."I don't think it's me you have to worry about. He was the one who found me at my locker.” 

He still shows nothing. He is a blank stone wall with no real emotion besides irritablity and rage. I hated when he was this way. “Well, he shouldn’t be a problem any longer. He doesn’t even attend here anymore and I doubt we'll be seeing him here again.”

“Why was he here today?” I ask him. His face tells me questions weren't welcome, but I need to ask them anyway. 

“Looking for trouble, but he didn't find it though. Thomas was no where to be found. Milton is lucky too, Thomas wouldn't have held back his anger.”

But that doesn’t make since. Why come for Thomas? There must been a purpose for it if he is willing to risk his health to see him. And I am no expert in the area of bullying but I’m pretty sure college students don't come to high schools to start things with kids younger than them either. Can't he find someone his own age to pick on?

“Well there must have been a reason he was looking for Thomas. Maybe he has a death wish," I guess.

“Probably, but I’m sure it's more than that. Thomas was just a plus. He wasn't the only reason Milton was here,” he says. "I'm sure you already know the other reason."

I stare at him. Me? Why would I already know? Travis and I barely said ten words to each other at my locker. Does Brody think we were spilling our guts to each other? I don't even know the guy! Oh- wait. Travis did say something about my blond friend with great legs. Olivia.

I quickly look toward her and see that she's intently watching the movie and then I glance back at Brody who hasn't broken his stare from me. He is waiting for me to put the peices together. 

“Olivia?" I whisper. "But why?"

He blinks and then shakes his head. He seems only slightly surpised by my conclusion. "Why whould you say that?"

"Because he asked me about her. I assume he's going to mess with her just to piss off Thomas off."

For the first time since Brody came into the room he smiles at me."That would be the way to do it. He does have a death wish. I know that would make me want to kill him, if it were you."

I blush. Good to know.

"So you think it's her then?" I ask. 

"No, I think it's because he's expecting someone else to show up today. Someone who hasn't be around in a while. An old friend maybe."

Now he is teasing me. It's Kristen. He knows I know.

"I guess someone told you?" 

"Sarah, might have mentioned it," he confesses. "She said something about you discovering it the other night."

Oh. That. I guess I should have said something. I try to see if he's mad but I can't tell. 

“I promise I was going to tell you today," I say. "The only reason I didn’t tell you sooner was I didn’t want to ruin our day yesterday.”

His features soften a bit.“I don’t care that she’s coming back.”

I stutter a bit, "W-wait, you don't?"

He shakes his head. “No. But it bothers me that you were afraid to tell me. Do you think it would make a difference to me one way or the other?”

In all honesty? Yes. Yes I did. I can be so stupid sometimes.

“Maybe.”

“What Kristen and I had is over. You don’t need to worry about her. She’s my past and you…you are my future.”

Just like that all my anger has dissipated. I clearly wasn't expecting his confession. He just called me his future. Me! If I wasn’t in class right now I would throw my arms around him, kiss him and try really hard not to cry. And it would be perfect, at least in my head. 

“Ok you’re not really saying anything. Should I be worried?” Brody chuckles but I can see the worry on his face.

“No, not at all.” I smile. “You’re my future too.”

It feels like a weight is being removed from my chest and I can finally breathe again. I have a hard time believing I just admitted what I was too afraid to before. Afriad it might scare his off. But in reality, he felt the same way. He really likes me.

I so want to go home right now and write this down in my diary. Monday, October 29th. Brody calls me his future. And I think I might love him.

For the rest of class I stare at him and smile. He does mostly the same, but niether of us says anything to each other. The moment is completely perfect as is with anything else being added in. 

When lunch finally arrives I’m still beaming from Brody’s confession in English. I won’t lie that it made me feel more confident of our relationship then I ever have. Now I can truthfully say that Kristen being here won’t bother me at all because I know if she does try to get Brody back her efforts will be in vain.

“Someone’s a little too happy for a Monday,” Sarah states plopping down in the seat next to me with her lunch in hand.

“Hey,” I smile taking a bite of my food.

“Where is everyone?” She asks taking notice of our empty table.

“Olivia is there,” I say pointing to her leaving the lunch line. “Brody hasn’t gotten here yet and everyone else I’ve no idea. Where’s your other half?”

She sighs and picks up a fench fry.“In New York visiting his dad, he won’t be back until tomorrow.” 

“I thought his dad was the owner of that sporting goods store in town.” 

“Who’s dad?” Olivia asks asks as she sits down in the empty seat across from us.

“Lucas’s.” I state.

“No.” Sarah corrects me. “That’s his stepdad. Apparently his real dad is some big shot in New York. His parents split when he was five.”

I guess that would explain why I’ve never heard him talk about his parents. But it must be cool to get to fly to New York whenever he wants though. I think it would be awesome to live there. It would be just like that show Two Broke Girls! Ok maybe not so much because nothing is ever the same as it is on TV but I bet it would still be pretty great.

“Where’s Brody?” Olivia asks looking around the cafeteria.

Just as she asks I see him entering through the doors and walking towards the direction of our table with Thomas next to him. They were both were noncommittal expressions of boredom. Brody offers a slight smile when he see's me. Thomas's expression doesn't change much as goes to take the seat next to Olivia and neither of them speaks. 

Poor, Olivia. She must really be trying hard to keep it together. I send Thomas a glare for wharever he's done to her even if he doesn't notice it. 

“There you are,” I say to Brody once he sit next to me and pecks me on the lips. "Sarah and I were about to send out a search party."

“Aren’t you going to eat?” I ask when I realize he didn't get food. 

“I’m not hungry now. I’ll ditch next period and eat then," he answers casually.

Some of his ways will never change, I guess. I would probably be saddened by this if I had next period with him but I don’t so it's all good. It’s not like I could ditch, though. I would get caught because I’m just not that good. And too chicken.

He turns to Thomas and starts talking to him and I desperately want to ask him where he's been but I hated to sound like the nagging girlfriend who keeps tabs on their boyfriend so I thought better of it. If he wanted me to know he’d tell me. Of course I couldn’t be totally comfortable with that solution because when Blake went missing he was always with my best friend. But this was Brody we were talking about, and he wouldn't do that to me. 

“You ace that test?” Thomas asks in a teasing tone.

“I hope so," Brody sighs. “My dad's on my case again.”

I felt relief wash over me at that. He was only taking a retest. I knew I shouldn't have gotten so freaked. Brody is not Blake.

The guys eventually dived into their conversations while we girls dived into our own as well. There was nothing really interesting about our conversation and I only half paid attention to while consuming my lunch. Then Olivia said something the drew me in.

“Megan’s moving?” I repeat.

“Yeah.” She nods. “Her mom got a job in Washington and today was her last day. She left about an hour ago.”

Despite our horrible past with Blake I am kind of saddened by this news. I kind of hoped we could have worked everything out before we go our separate ways and she would realize what a jerk he was. But I guess that’s not going to happen now.

“Oh.” I don’t know what else to say about it. I let all my emotions rest on that one word. 

I could honestly say I did wish her the best hope that she can move on from Blake. In fact this may have been the best thing for her. Maybe she could actually meet a good guy now. Someone she could trust completely. And maybe she could be a better friend to someone else. 

The rest of lunch passes by uneventfully as does the day and before I know it school is out. I am glad to be going home but unfortunately I am stuck with a lot of homework so my day isn't getting much better, especially when Sarah has something else in mind.

“Oh no. I’m not messing with Rhonda again. Besides I’d like to keep my boyfriend if you don’t mind,” I state hastily.

“Oh come on, live a little. And besides this doesn’t involve Rhonda this time," she says evilly. “I’ve got something much better in mind that we can share with the school.”

I stare at her in disblief. You'd think she would learn not to mess with Brody after past experiences. 

“Are you sure you want to pursue this? You know he’ll just do something much worse to you in return.”

“I’m willing to take that risk.” She grins. “Nobody messes with me and gets away with it.”

I know she was referring to the Facebook post Brody put up about our gym teacher and I truely believe she was going to make him pay. I stifle a laugh.

She pulls a black permanent marker from her purse and hands it to me. "Are you in?"

I raise an eyebrow. “What am I going to do with this?”

“You’ll see.” She says walking down the hall towards Brody’s locker.

Uh oh. I have a feeling this is not going to turn out very well. If Brody finds out I had anything to do with this he’ll kill me.

“Please tell me you’re not really making me do this?” I beg.

She sighs and rolls her eyes. “Fine. You can hold the stuff while I work on my masterpiece.”

As Sarah begins pulling the contents from her purse I hear a familiar voice behind me. “Hey, what are we doing?”

“Olivia,” I say. I panic as I turn to meet her silently hoping she's not with Thomas. That would just be disastrous. I breathe when I realize she  isn't be he can't be fare behind. 

“Why are you holding a permanent marker?” She asks examining the item in my grasp.

I look down to see it and struggle for words.“W-well you see…uh we’re uh….we’re….it was all Sarah’s idea!” I blurt.

Sarah turns to me with disbelief written across her face. “You would not do well under pressure.”

No, probably not.

“You’re pulling another prank aren’t you?” Olivia grins.

I don’t know if it was something Olivia said or an idea she suddenly got but Sarah looked like one of those cartoon character with the light bulb over their heads when they get an idea.

“You know, Olivia. You never got revenge on Brody from for soaking you on a very cold night."

I think Olivia senses where this was going because her smile grows even bigger. “Yeah, you’re right.”

No, not Olivia too.

“Grab a pin and join in.” She smirks handing her another marker.

“Wait isn’t there cameras?” I interrupt in hopes they will put an end to this madness. “If someone see’s this will be suspended.”

“Chill out will you,” sarah Chuckles. “The camera is still out from when Brody broke it last year.”

I just know this is not going to turn out well. Now there will be no proof that I am innocent in all this. But on the other hand this could be quite comical. I mean who wouldn’t laugh at this?

“Here are the stickers.” Sarah smirks handing them to Olivia.

I continue watching them decorate Brody’s locker while I burst out in laughter just picturing what his reaction will be when he sees this tomorrow. Oh this should be good.

I throw my bag at the foot of my bed before falling face first on to it. Why do I have to have so much homework when all I want to do is sleep? It’s not fair. I knew I shouldn’t have stayed up so late last night watching funny Youtube clips because now I’m paying for it.

Maybe I’ll just rest my eyes for a second and then I’ll do homework. Yeah that won’t hurt anything, right? Besides it’s nothing I’m not familiar with anyway. It should be a breeze.

I reach above my head for a pillow and pull it to me. Ah softness. I love having a feather down pillow. It takes sleeping like a baby to a whole new level.

Letting out a yawn I feel myself giving in to the tiredness that’s taking over my body. Yeah I’ll worry about homework later. I think as each blink become just a little longer. And before I know it I’m staring at the inside of my eye lids while drifting off to sleep.

“Farrah get up!” Heather shouts giving me a startle.

Why is she yelling? Did something happen?

I quickly shoot up from the bed and stare my worried sister.

“You’ve overslept. You’re gonna be late for school”

“Oh crap. Homework….school….my alarm clock! I’m late! I’ll get detention for sure. I’ve never been late a day in my life without a parent’s signed excuse what will I do now?” I shout.

Heather walks over and places her hands on my shoulders in effort to calm me down.

“It’s ok. Mr. White won’t give you detention for being late one time. Just explain what happened and you’ll be fine.”

“You think?” I ask hopeful.

“Yes, now go get ready and get yourself to school.” She orders.

I nod as she leaves the room then I scour my closet for something to wear. The first things I come across are a pair of skinny jeans and Brody’s t-shirt. Well why not right? I actually forgot I had this. I suppose I should give it back to him though. Or...maybe not. Would you?

After I’m dressed I run a brush through my hair quickly before brushing my teeth and I’m out the door. I think that was a new record for me. Although I don’t look the best in the world I’m pretty proud of my time.  

On the drive to school I fill in the silence with some of today’s top hits until I arrive. I look down at the clock in the car and feel relived I haven’t missed more than one period. I suppose it could be a lot worse. First period should be ending in about ten minutes and that’s just enough time for me to get to the office sign in and make it to second period.

I grab my things from the vehicle before exiting and locking the doors behind me. As I enter the school I notice Mrs. White coming down the stairwell talking with someone just on the other side of him. The sound of a door shutting somewhere off in the distance behind me quickly gets her attention causes her to look towards my direction.  

I groan. Great, just my luck.

“Miss. Bryant, coming in late I see," she states.

“Yes Mrs. White. I was just going to the office to sign in.”

“Oh no don’t bother. In fact you’ve came in just the nick of time.” she says with grin on her face.

Well I don’t know what that means but I’m pretty sure I’m not going to like it. She places his hand on the back of the girl whom I just notice is with him and I feel my eyes bug out of their sockets. This girl. I know her. It's Kristen.

Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. Please don’t say what I think you’re going to say.

“Kristen is a new student and it would be a great favor to me if you show her around. She hasn’t been here in a few years and I’m sure she could use some friends.”

And she did it. Why me? Was this punishment for being late to school? I can’t show her around. When she finds out who I am she’ll hate me for sure.

"Well?” Mrs, White asks when I don’t say anything.

“Uh…sure?”

I couldn’t exactly say no now could I? Besides I think I just prevented myself from getting detention.

“Great now I’ll let you two get to it," she smiles. “Oh and Kristen if you need anything just ask Farrah and she’ll help you. It’s great to have you back.”

As Mrs. White walks off an empty silence fills the room. Kristen stands there awkwardly waiting for me to say something while I just feel like running off somewhere to hide. Should I tell her who I am or let her figure it out for herself? 

“Hey,” she says giving me a friendly smile.

She looks nice enough. But then again looks can be deceiving.

“Hey.” I reply matching her tone.

As long as she remains nice then I’ll do the same. And who knows she may actually be a nice person.

“Come on I’ll show you the way.” I say motioning to the science wing of the school.

“Actually can you show me my locker first?” She interrupts.

“Yeah sure-”

Oh no locker. I wonder if Brody as seen his yet?

----------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hey guys! If this chapter was a little fast paced I’m sorry. It was all in effort to move the story along. Now that Kristen is in the picture I’ll try slowing it down some.

So I announced in my last chapter the story will be ending soon and a lot of you were bummed by that and I’m sorry. I’d love nothing more than to keep this story going forever but I can’t do that because I’ll never get it published if I do. However there is a possibility I’ll add in a few more chapters in effort to make everyone happy and for helping me get 3 million reads. You have no idea how happy I am about that! I can’t believe it. I never would have thought this book would have gained so much attention and it continues to shock me every day. So thank you!

On another note, for those of you who were wondering. Perks of being a Wallflower was a pretty great movie and I think I might buy it. If you haven’t watched it you should.

I know I had a few more things to add but at the moment it escapes my mind so when I think of it I’ll add it in the next author note. But right I want to know what you think about Kristen. Is she really nice or is it all for show? And what do you think Sarah and Olivia did to Brody’s locker? Wanna take a guess? Oh and did anyone notice Grace missing in this chapter? Well that because she was with- Oops almost spilled the beans there. And no it's not Blake or Brody! 

Please leave me plenty of feedback on this chapter and I promise to update as soon as I can! I know you’re all dying to know what’s going to happen so get to voting and commenting! Also don’t forget to follow me as well. You can do so by going to my profile page and hitting the follow button below my profile pic.

Well I guess that’s all. Hope you enjoyed!

*Not proofread or edited.*

Check out the banner to the side made by @listener00 >>>>>>

PS: Cindy Perez if you are reading this your bestfriend Diana Sanchez misses you! She told me to mention it and yay I remembered. Sorry you had to move away. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60K 1.3K 73
"You're mine you hear me! No one else's but mine. So whoever you're thinking about dating, get that shit out your damn head or suffer the fucking con...
291K 10.6K 20
Curvy Keira has just been brutally thrown to the curb by her first love, Josh Walters. Best thing is; he has no idea she knows he's cheating. So what...
32.2K 1.1K 32
**an improved version of Isolation - the same story but rewritten to be more mature, and a better read** Megan Hayes and Logan Brooks are your typica...
733 89 22
Shyanne is your average fifteen year old student. With a cheating ex and love for her best friend what is she going to do? Ed cheated on Shy. Shy bro...