THE LAST THING I WANTED ||JIK...

By Queenbee_Jikook

Alpha Park Jimin doesn't have time for relationships. He's got a growing business that demands all his atten... More

Author's note
1
2 (M)
3 (M)
4
5
6
8
9 (M)
10
11 (M)
12
13
14
15
Epilogue

7

1K 87 2
By Queenbee_Jikook

JIMIN POV

"Sir your next appointment is here," bella my assistant said into the intercom.

"My next appointment?" I said confused.

"It's on your calendar sir, You have a two o'clock appointment with a Mr Jeon." she said.

"What company is he with?" I asked as I brought up the calendar on my computer.

"I don't see any notes about the meeting."

"I don't have anything either Oh wait, Here it is."

"He said it was a family matter."

"Hmm," I said and rubbed my jaw as I thought. "Perhaps it's something to do with my father's estate but I thought that had all been cleared up two years ago."

"I'm sorry, sir."

"I should have gotten more information." bella said.

"Please do try in the future, You know how much I hate going into meetings blind," I said and pinched the bridge of my nose.

I did hate going into meetings without information.

It gave the other person the advantage and that was a situation I worked hard to avoid.

"Should I send him in?" she asked.

"Give me about five minutes." I said.

"Oh and can you order the salmon salad from that place I like? I worked through lunch."

"Yes, sir."

I went into my bathroom to splash some water on my face.

In addition to forgetting to eat, I hadn't been sleeping enough.

I just kept telling myself that I'd take better care of myself as soon as the Japan deal was done.

The problem was that the merger with the company in Japan kept getting delayed and dragged out.

And it seemed like the longer the negotiations went on, the more stressful the whole deal got.

A few minutes later, the door opened and bella showed my appointment in.

I was looking at the computer screen and didn't see who she'd brought in until she got my attention.

"Thank you bella." I said and I was about to say more but then I saw who it was.

"Anything else, sir? Would you like water or coffee?"

"No, thank you."

I tried to maintain my composure but I was torn between being way too happy to see him and being pissed that he'd shown up at my work.

"Have a seat, Mr Jeon."

There must have been more of an edge to my voice than I intended because he looked like I'd stung him with my words.

He quickly sat down and bella showed herself out quietly.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as soon as my assistant was gone.

"I needed to talk to you." he said and straightened his back.

Jungkook had been worried when he came in but now he seemed to have found some of that sass that I'd found so sexy about him when we met.

I tried to soften my tone a bit but I was annoyed that he'd tracked me down at work.

The last thing I needed was a clingy Omega stalking me.

"I'm at the bar most nights, You could have come there."

"I don't understand why you would show up at my work." I said.

"I didn't want to go to the bar."

"I didn't want to have this discussion at a bar, I made an appointment with your assistant because I wanted to make sure we could have a private conversation."

"You said yourself that your work is everything, I figured this was the best way to get to you."

"Well, you're here now." I said shortly. "What do you want?"

I really didn't mean to be so rude but I had to be.

What I wanted more than any thing was to yank him out of that chair and kiss him but that was both inappropriate and unsettling.

Being in the same room with him again, my attraction to Jungkook undeniable and I couldn't give in.

He needed to say whatever it was he came to say and then go away before I did something stupid like ask him out on a date.

"What I want is to tell you important information." he said after clearing his throat.

"I am sorry that I bothered you at work but this is a significant matter."

"Well, you're here and I'm listening." I said.

"I'm pregnant," Jungkook said.

"There, I said it."

"I've been rehearsing that since I made the appointment but that wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be."

He relaxed a bit but it felt like the floor fell out from under me.

I'd worked so hard to make sure that I always felt in control and in thirty seconds Jungkook had set my whole world spinning.

Bile rose up in my throat and I had to take a few deep breaths.

"Are you all right?" Jungkook stood up and tried to take my hand from across the desk but I yanked it back.

"I'm fine." I said flatly.

"You just caught me off guard is all, You said you weren't fertile."

"If I'd known that you were, I could have gotten my doctor to prescribe you the morning-after pill."

"Did you do this on purpose? Were you looking for a meal ticket?"

"It's not like that," he said. "I wasn't in heat."

"You brought me into it."

"That means..." I said and trailed off.

I guess I thought that mates weren't real or that they were something that happened to someone else, I believed that if I ignored it, I wouldn't have one.

It was a ridiculous belief but it made sense at the time given how focused I was on running my company.

"It means that I'm your mate,"he said and I could hear the tinge of hope in his voice.

I felt pain in my chest at the thought of hurting him but it was what I had to do, I did not have time for a baby or a mate.

The best thing I could do for them was to keep moving forward with my career and provide them with financial security and comfort.

"I'll have my lawyer get in touch with you by end of business today." I said.

"Your lawyer?" Jungkook was confused. "I don't understand."

"You don't believe me."

"I believe you." I said. "My lawyer will provide you with a support agreement and a visitation agreement too."

"I'll hire a nanny for you and to help me with the baby when I have parenting time."

"You and the baby's every need will be provided for."

I knew that I sounded cold and clinical but I had to draw the line.

If I started letting my emotions get involved, I'd do something stupid.

I hadn't wanted a family but any child of mine would have the best of everything.

In order to provide that, I had to make as much money as possible I would not risk my child's financial future.

"Everything except his need for a father." Jungkook snapped.

"It's a boy?" I asked a little too quickly.

I had to dial it down or Jungkook would see my weakness for him.

"I don't know."

"It's way too early for that."

"I guess I just started to think of him that way."

"Boy or girl, you and the baby will have everything you need."

"I will see the child as much as I can while still ensuring his financial future."

"I see." he said. "Let me get you my number for your lawyer, I'll give you my address too in case you need to mail me anything."

I passed him a notepad and pen and watched as Jungkook wrote down his information.

It took him getting pregnant with my child for me to get his phone number.

He'd had to contact me through my work But I hadn't told him where I worked.

"How did you find out where I worked?" I asked.

"I don't think I ever told you."

"I went to the bar."

"None of the bartenders would tell me where you worked but there was an old guy in there who told me."

"Don't be mad at him, though."

"He was really drunk."

"That would probably be Old Hank." I said. "He's been going to that bar since I was a kid."

"Why didn't you just come to my apartment? The doorman would have called up."

"I did come to your apartment."

"Five times."

"I left messages with your doorman but apparently you don't actually look at those." he said.

"That's when I gave up and came here."

"Oh," I said. "Well, let me give you my attorney's name and number, If you need anything for the baby, you can call him."

"You want me to call your attorney if I need anything for your child?"

"Yes That's the best way to make sure your needs are met."

"I've very busy and I'd hate to think of you two going without because I didn't check a message."

"Well, I guess that's every thing."he said and bit his bottom lip. "Thank you for seeing me."

He was about to cry and my heart thundered painfully in my chest.

Some sort of protective instinct that I'd never felt before rose up inside of me but I was able to force it back down.

I was doing what was best.

I had to keep doing what was best but I wished he could understand.

"Jungkook." I said softly.

"No." he said and fled from my office.

___________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.5K 4.1K 33
Park Jimin has his first taste of freedom when he runs into an alpha from the wrong side of the tracks. He says all the right words and treats Jimin...
122K 7.4K 36
Wolf king Jeon Jungkook is forced to marry, not for love, but to avoid the destruction of his family's dynasty. A prophecy he doesn't entirely belie...
59.7K 3.8K 30
When his best friend, park Jimin needs someone to pretend to be his gay boyfriend for a party, of course Jungkook will help Jimin out. What could p...
39.7K 3.3K 23
Will Jimin let his guard down to the possibility of a new love or does he still long for the husband he's already lost? And will their budding rela...