A Tale of Two Sisters || Tang...

Door Disneyfan_1235

Rapunzel has dreamed of seeing the floating lights, for years - Y/n has dreamed of one day finding her long-l... Meer

☀️ Origins and Obligations ☀️
☀️ Mother Knows Best ☀️
☀️ A Thief and Some Thugs ☀️
☀️ Dances and Lanterns, At Last ☀️
☀️ Happily Ever After ☀️
💖 Kingdom Of Corona 💖
🍬 Meeting Vanellope 🍬
👑 A Tangled Wedding 👑
👑 A Golden Coronation 👑
🌻 First Season Introduction 🌻
🌻 Meeting the Alchemist 🌻
🌻 Rapunzel's Enemy 🌻
🌻 Fitzherbert P.I. 🌻
🌻 Challenge of the Brave 🌻
🌻 Cassandra v. Eugene 🌻
🌻 The Return of Strongbow 🌻
🌻 In Like Flynn 🌻
🌻 Great Expotations 🌻
🌻 Under Raps 🌻
🌻 Attila The Bun 🌻
🌻 Pascal's Story 🌻
🌻 Angry and Red 🌻
🌻 The Wrath of Ruthless Ruth 🌻
🌻 Max's Enemy 🌻
🌻 The Way of the Willow 🌻
🌻 Queen for a Day 🌻
🌻 Painter's Block 🌻
🌻 Not in the Mood 🌻
🌻 Quest for Varian 🌻
🌻 The Alchemist Returns 🌻
🌻 Secret of the Sundrop 🌻
🌕 Season 2 - Intro 🌕
🌕 Trust in the Alchemist 🌕
🌕 Beyond the Corona Walls 🌕
🌕 Crashing a Wedding 🌕
🌕 The Return of Quaid 🌕
🌕 Goodbye and Goodwill 🌕
🌕 The Forest of No Return 🌕
🌕 Freebird 🌕
🌕 Vigor the Visionary 🌕
🌕 Keeper of the Spire 🌕
🌕 King Pascal 🌕
Important Story Update

🌻 Best Birthday Ever 🌻

1.6K 32 67
Door Disneyfan_1235

[The Kingdom of Corona, 7:00am]
The dawn rises gracefully over the hills huddled together and the heavenly streaks of sunlight beamed down upon the bustling kingdom of Corona as everybody prepares for a special day: Princess Y/n's fourteenth birthday!

Posters about the wonderful occasion are hung up on walls, banners rise up to look down upon the townspeople, smiles are seen, excited chatter is heard and time is well spent.

[Meanwhile, In Y/n's Bedroom]
Y/n is still sound asleep, in her bed. Her hair is a little bushy, her duvet is sprawled all over her bed, covering everything except for her head, shoulders and her right leg that dangles from her mattress.

Bucky, Y/n's bushy-tailed grey squirrel friend, sleeps peacefully in a small, wooden treehouse lookalike that stands on Y/n's chest of drawers.

Y/n's bedroom is slightly smaller than Rapunzel's. While her Rapunzel's room has the colour theme of purple, which is her favourite colour, Y/n's has the theme of her favourite colour - blue.

The sound of knocking is heard, from Y/n's bedroom door. "Y/n? Happy birthday!" Rapunzel says, entering her little sister's bedroom. But she is still asleep. "Y/n? Wake up." Rapunzel insists, as Pascal pokes Y/n's cheek with his tail. "Mm.. five more minutes." She mumbles, turning over.

"But it's your birthday!" Rapunzel points out, excitedly. "♪ Happy birthday.. ♪" She sings, with an eager smile. "♪ ..to you ♪" Y/n mumbles.

Rapunzel shakes her head, giggling. "It's your birthday, sis! Wake up." She insists, pulling the duvet away. "Mm, too cold-" Y/n tells her, then lets out a gasp of realisation. "It's my birthday!"

"Yes, finally!" Rapunzel giggles, after Y/n sits up in her bed. "Happy birthday!" She squeals, hugging her little sister. "Thank you." Y/n giggles, fixing her messy hair. "Hey. Happy birthday, Y/n." Cassandra greets, walking in. "Thank you, Cassie." Y/n responds, before rubbing her tired eyes.

"Here, a little birthday treat before breakfast." Cassandra tells Y/n, holding a chocolate chip cookie. "Thank you." Y/n replies, taking the cookie.

"How did you even get that?" Rapunzel asks. "Another perk of my job." Cassandra boasts, with a smirk. Y/n smiles and eats her cookie, as Bucky makes his way over to her. "Just wait until you see the presents! You're going to have the best day ever!" Rapunzel assures her little sister, happily.

"We'll leave you to get dressed, then meet us in the hallway when you're done." Cassandra says, leading Rapunzel out of the room. "Got it. I will meet you, then!" Y/n assures them, as they leave.

[Meanwhile, In The Hallway]
"Okay, what am I going to do? What.. am I.. going.. to do?" Rapunzel panics, pacing back and forth. "Raps, calm down-" Cassandra says, putting her hands on Rapunzel's shoulders. "I can't! I promised Y/n she'd have the best birthday ever and now, she doesn't have a present from me." Rapunzel stresses, putting her hands over her face.

[Flashback, Last Night]
After Y/n was sent to bed early by their parents, Rapunzel helped the guards arrange her sister's presents in the throne room. "Okay, so that's all the presents: one from me, Eugene, Cassandra, Mom, Dad, Aunt Willow and several unnamed presents from the townsfolk. Think we're all ready, Pascal?" She asked. Pascal grinned, with a thumbs up.

Rapunzel sighed. "Great! Y/n's going to love her birthday!" She exclaimed, with a twirl but she got a little dizzy and stumbled. "Whoa!" She said, straightening herself up. Little did she know, Rapunzel knocked over a small candle with her arm and it fell on one of the presents. Pascal noticed and got Rapunzel's attention. "Huh? Oh, no! No, no, no!" Rapunzel said worriedly, trying desperately to put the small fire out.

Rapunzel moved the present away from the other presents so they wouldn't catch on fire, but then tried to fan out the fire - this only made it bigger. "Plan B, plan B!" Rapunzel panicked.

The label on the present said: 'To Y/n,
This is to show you how much I love you!
From your favourite big sister, Rapunzel!'
Rapunzel watched the label slowly turn to ash.

Conveniently, Cassandra walked through the throne room with a small water bucket for the castle's garden plants. "Raps, how did- what is going on?" She asked. "No time! Bucket, now!" Rapunzel said, then lassoed the water bucket with her hair. She then poured it on the present, which quickly put the fire out. Pascal sighed in relief, as Rapunzel picked up the black crispy birthday present with a heartbroken expression.
[End Of Flashback]

"On the bright side, at least you didn't burn up all the presents." Cassandra points out, with a chuckle. "That's not funny." Rapunzel says, then groans. "That antique jewelry box was hard to find." She recalls, with a hand on her forehead.

"That's what you got her?" Cassandra asks, in disbelief. Rapunzel immediately shoots her a glare. "That's what you got her!" Cassandra repeats, in what sounds like a forced impressed tone of voice.

"Ugh, look. We just have to keep Y/n distracted for now and I need to go out and buy her a new present before she notices she doesn't have one from me." Rapunzel says, and Cassandra nods. "Okay, Raps. Got it." He assures her.

"Got what?"

Cassandra and Rapunzel are startled by Eugene, who suddenly appears beside them. "Oh, we were just-" Rapunzel says. "No! Remember? He can't keep a secret." Cassandra points out. "What? Keeping stuff from me again? Sunshine, we talked about this. 'No more secrets. Ever'." Eugene reminds Rapunzel, air quoting with his fingers.

Rapunzel looks at Cassandra, pleadingly. "Fine! But, you can't tell Y/n." She tells Eugene, firmly. "Done. Now, talk." Eugene replies. "I ruined the birthday present I got Y/n, so I have to get her a new one before she finds out." Rapunzel confesses.

"Are the other presents ruined?" Eugene asks. "No, no. Just- you and Cass keep Y/n distracted, while I sneak out to the town and get her a new birthday present. I'll hurry back, before she even notices I'm missing." Rapunzel instructs. Eugene nods. "Distract the kid, and wait for you to come back with a new present. Got it." He confirms.

"Just hurry back, Rapunzel. It won't take long for her to notice you're missing." Cassandra points out. Rapunzel nods then rushes out, with Pascal on her shoulder. "So, did your present to her get destroyed too?" Eugene remarks, to Cassandra. "No. But, maybe yours did." She fires back.

"Yours did what?"

"Kiddo, hey! Happy birthday." Eugene greets, after Y/n walks out of her bedroom fully dressed. "Thanks, Eugene." She replies, with a smile. But it fades a little, when she instantly sees that Rapunzel is absent. "Where's Rapunzel?" She asks.

"Uhh, Rapunzel? Well, she-" Eugene tells Y/n, awkwardly. Luckily, Cassandra quickly thinks of something. "She's.. got princess duties to take care of. Nothing says a best birthday ever, like cleaning all the chores off her to-do list!" She lies. Believing her, Y/n nods. "Oh.. right." She says, with a frown.

"Uhh.. hey. Do you smell that? Deep breath through the nose.." Eugene says, then sniffs. "Smells like your special breakfast on your special day!" He declares. This makes Y/n smile a little. "Yeah, come on! I heard it's pancakes and waffles!" Cassandra encourages, leading her through the castle and to the dining room for Y/n's birthday breakfast.

Y/n can't help, but frown again. She also wants to eat breakfast with Rapunzel. This would be their first time celebrating Y/n's birthday together. They celebrated Rapunzel's, but Y/n obviously didn't realise since she had no idea they were sisters.. or that it was Rapunzel's eighteenth birthday.

[Meanwhile]
"Okay, Pascal. We need a special one-of-a-kind birthday gift for Y/n. But, what?" Rapunzel wonders, as they walk through town. Pascal shrugs.

The first shop that catches Rapunzel's eye is Monty's sweet shop. "Monty! I know we may not like each other, but I can buy something for Y/n in there.. right?" Rapunzel asks. Pascal isn't so sure.

The dinging of the bell alerts Monty and he turns around is obviously disappointed to see Rapunzel. "Rapunzel." He greets, bluntly. "Montgomery." She greets back, with an equally cold tone.

"So, listen. I need a favour.." Rapunzel says. "A favour? From me?" Monty says, then chuckles. "And why would I do a favour, for you? I don't like you." He points out. "It's for my little sister. I need to buy her a present." Rapunzel explains.

"Well, no time is better than on her birthday(!) Anyway, she's already got a present from this store. From me. She'll know your present is from my shop, too. She always comes here." Monty states. "I'm sure she'll still like it." Rapunzel says, optimistically. "I doubt that. Two presents that are exactly the same aren't special enough. Especially from her only sister. She'll be expecting the greatest present of all from you." Monty points out.

Rapunzel can't help, but admit in her head that Monty has a point, but she's also confused as to why Monty is giving her, his enemy, genuinely helpful advice. "Why all the good advice? You don't like me. Or are we burying the hatchet?" Rapunzel asks, with a hopeful smile. "The hatchel isn't buried at all. I still don't like you. The advice isn't for you. It's for Princess Y/n. I'd hate to see her have a terrible birthday." Monty states, bluntly.

"Ugh! He's right, Pascal. I need to find Y/n the greatest birthday present." Rapunzel confirms, then sighs once she leaves the sweet shop. "But, how do I find a present like that?" She questions.

[Back At The Castle, After Breakfast]
"Wasn't that a good breakfast, Y/n?" Arianna asks, as she and the king have joined their youngest daughter for breakfast. Both parents are also aware of what Rapunzel is up to.

Y/n nods, while wiping her mouth with a napkin. "It was delicious! But, is Rapunzel coming back soon? I wanted to do fun things with her, too." She tells them. "Rapunzel still had duties, as the future queen of Corona to attend to, but she'll be finished soon." Frederic lies. "All right. Can I open my present from her, while I wait?" Y/n asks, hopefully.

"Uhh.. save Rapunzel's present for last. Best for last, you know. Why don't you open the others first?" Cassandra suggests, clearing away the finished plates. "Sure." Y/n replies, then gets up.

[In The Throne Room]
Heading into the throne room with Bucky, Cassandra, Eugene and her parents, Y/n smiles at the sight of the large amount of presents by the thrones. "Here, open mine first." Cassandra offers, handing Y/n a long present as she kneels down.

"Uh, no! Open the best present of all.. which is clearly mine." Eugene boasts, picking up a square shaped present. "Oh, are you kidding? How old-" Cassandra retorts, before her and Eugene bicker. Frederic clearing his throat sternly gets them both to stop arguing. Y/n awkwardly clears her throat, then slowly tears open Cassandra's present first.

Cassandra grins proudly, boasting to Eugene and he rolls his eyes with his arms crossed. Y/n opens the long, green present to find the bow and arrow she uses for her archery practice. "Wow.. your bow and arrow!" Y/n says, with a smile. "Nuh-uh, kid. Your bow and arrow, now. Look closer." Cassandra tells her. Y/n sees her name carved at one end of the bow, beside a small carving of a rose.

"Wow, thanks Cassie!" Y/n says, then gives her a hug. Cassandra hesitates at first, not being a big hugger, but pats Y/n's shoulder as she hugs her.

"Okay, okay! Mine, next." Eugene insists. "Two more presents, for now. Leave the rest for when Rapunzel returns." Arianna chimes in. Y/n nods, then picks up the square shaped, red present.

Inside the present from Eugene is a picture of himself of course. "Could you actually be any more self-centred?" Cassandra remarks. "What? It's something she doesn't already have. That equals a great present!" Eugene says, nudging the young fourteen year old playfully. Y/n giggles. "It's fine, Cassie. I love it, Eugene. Thank you." She replies.

"See? She gets it!" Eugene boasts, proudly. "One more present, sweetheart. When Rapunzel gets back, she can see you open the others." Arianna advises. Y/n nods. "Yes, Mommy.." She replies, then picks a small blue present. The box is unlabelled, but Y/n opens it to find a green bottle. Removing the cork, Y/n sees a small green firework-like explosion burst out. "Wow!" She gasps, impressed.

"Who sent that?" Cassandra asks. Y/n shrugs. "I don't know.." She replies, although she has an idea who is responsible.

"Are you going to open the cards next, sweetheart?" Frederic asks. Y/n shakes her head. She still wants her sister to be here for her. Bucky nuzzles against her, comfortingly. "No, thank you, Daddy. I think I'll explore the town, while I wait for Rapunzel." Y/n says, making Cassandra and Eugene's eyes widen because Rapunzel's in town!

"Uhh, maybe not yet!" Eugene tells Y/n, much to her confusion. "Why not?" She asks. "How about some archery?" Cassandra suggests. "Mm.. perhaps later, Cassie." Y/n replies, looking at her bow. "Well how about some lessons, dear? While you wait for your sister?" Arianna asks. "No, thanks, Mommy. I just want to explore the town for a bit." Y/n says, before she and Bucky leave.

"We have got to make sure she doesn't see Rapunzel." Cassandra states. "Really, Cass(?) You know, for someone-" Eugene remarks. "Oh, come on!" Cassandra groans, dragging him out.

[Ten Minutes Later]
Y/n rides on Maximus through to town. She spots a familiar house by Old Corona and gets an idea how to enjoy her birthday next. 'Why not pay a visit to a good friend?' She thinks to herself, with a smile.

After urging Maximus to ride towards the familiar house, Y/n ties up his reins in the same spot as before - by the apple tree. "Okay, I'll be right back Maximus. Just stay here, please.." She tells the white horse, who nervously recognises the area.

"Ssh, it's all right. I'm sure that won't happen again. It'll just be a quick visit." Y/n assures Maximus, before approaching the steps. "Please, no more booby traps.." She mutters to herself, climbing the stone staircase - he could've taken the booby traps down after their first visit, but who knows?

Taking a deep breath, Y/n knocks on the large wooden doors three times. The doors don't open on their own this time, with the ominous and eerie green fog. Instead, they are opened by somebody whose silhouette can only be seen by Y/n.

"Who goes there?" The familiar distorted voice demands, emphatically. Y/n waves, with a smile. "Hey, Varian. It's-" She greets, but the young alchemist recognises that kind soft-spoken voice anywhere. "Y/n!" Varian happily greets, pulling off his mask and stepping out to reveal himself.

"Varian, hi!" Y/n greets, hugging him. Varian's eyes widen at first, before he hugs his newfound friend back. "Happy birthday!" He tells Y/n, making her smile. "Aw, you know my birthday's today?" She asks, delighted. "Uh, how could I not?" Varian points out, then chuckles. "Everyone in Corona knows specifically when the princesses' birthdays are. I sent a little present up to the castle for you."

"The firework in a bottle? That was you?" Y/n guesses. Varian nods, with a little smirk. "Uh-huh! Through the power of alchemy.." He explains. "..not magic." He and Y/n finish, at the same time. "Heh, you know me. Not magic." Varian chuckles.

Y/n nods, smiling at her new alchemist friend. "So, I'm waiting for Rapunzel to finish up with royal duties and I wanted to know if you and I could hang out." She tells Varian, whose eyes sparkle with ecstasy. "Sure! Come on in. M'lady." He jokes, with a bow. Y/n giggles, with a curtsy, as she walks in.

"Wow.. not a lot has changed." Y/n points out, as she and Varian head into his lab, where they had experimented on her and Rapunzel's hair.

"Well.. ever since I shut down my machines to bring the townspeople hot water, I've been focusing on smaller experiments. Oh! And I took your advice. I'm currently working on fixing my mistakes that destroyed most of the town." Varian explains.

Y/n nods. "Good for you, Varian. I really hope that works out for you." She replies, then spots a familiar raccoon climb onto Varian's shoulders. Varian doesn't even try to get rid of him, like before.

"I see you've made friends with this little guy!" Y/n tells Varian, gesturing to the apple-eating raccoon. "Heh, yeah. His name is Ruddiger. As crazy as it sounds, even my amazing alchemical conventions of keeping critters away are no match for this buddy's limitations so I kept him around." He explains, stroking the racoon's chin with his finger.

"That's nice. He seems like a good friend to have around." Y/n points out, as Bucky waves to the raccoon. Ruddiger chitters happily, in response.

[Meanwhile, In Town]
Rapunzel continues her mission to find the perfect birthday present for her little sister, when Eugene and Cassandra find her. "What are you two doing here? Where is Y/n?" Rapunzel asks. "Uhh, Y/n. Well, Blondie, the good news is.. she is completely distracted from your missing present. So, that's good." Eugene says, with a sheepish chuckle.

Rapunzel looks to Cassandra for an answer. "She's somewhere in town." She answers, simply. "Way to back me up, Cassandra." Eugene retorts. "Way to lie to your girlfriend, Fitzherbert." She remarks.

"Way to-" Eugene fires back, pointing at Cassandra with a glare. "Stop! Just, ugh.. what am I going to do? I still don't know what to get Y/n for her birthday." Rapunzel says, sitting by the fountain.

"Why don't you buy her something?" Eugene asks. "I want to, but it was pointed out to me that I need to get her something that tops all the other presents. To show her that her big sis, Rapunzel, really cares." Rapunzel answers, with a sigh.

"Why don't you make her something?" Cassandra suggests. "What?" Rapunzel asks, as Cassandra sits beside her. "People say that a gift that you made all by yourself is better than a gift you bought, because you put time into making it yourself. I'm sure Y/n would really appreciate it." She points out.

Rapunzel smiles. "That's a brilliant idea, Casa. I'll make her a birthday present!" She decides, standing up. Pascal lets out a happy squeak.

[In Rapunzel's Bedroom]
Rapunzel spends a lot of time in her bedroom, working on her homemade birthday present for her sister. "What do you think?" She asks Cassandra and Eugene. "I think it's great." Eugene says. "Told you. She'll love it." Cassandra adds, nodding.

"Now, we just need to find her." Rapunzel says, then pauses in realisation. "Where did she go?" She asks. Cassandra shrugs. "She just said she wanted to go visit the town for a while." She answers.

"She did seem pretty down about not spending her time with you, Blondie." Eugene recalls, which worries Rapunzel. "Not helping." Cassandra tells Eugene, with a glare. "Oh, no. What if she thinks I don't care about her birthday? I do care about her birthday. Of course, I do! I just made her this! What am I going to do?" Rapunzel panics, worriedly.

"See what you did?" Cassandra whispers, to Eugene, nudging him with her elbow. Then she rests a hand on Rapunzel's shoulder. "She'll be fine, Raps. Come on, let's all go find her." Cassandra suggests. Rapunzel nods, and they head to town.

[Meanwhile, In Varian's Lab]
With the awesome power of alchemy, Varian is busy showing Y/n how he managed to make the bottled firework he sent her as a birthday present.

"All right, now.. what colour?" Varian asks, turning to Y/n. "Hmm, blue?" She suggests. Varian nods, smirking. "You got it!" He obliges, pouring the ingredients into a transparent glass bottle.

"Now, prepare.." Varian tells Y/n, slipping his large goggles over his eyes. Ruddiger knows how serious it is when Varian's goggles are over his eyes, so he hides under the table. "..to be amazed.." Varian states, as Bucky scurries down from Y/n's shoulder and follows the raccoon away from possible harm. "..by the awesome power.. of alchemy!" Varian declares, dramatically. Y/n smiles, while gently biting her bottom lip to contain her excitement.

"Varian!"

Suddenly startled, Y/n gasps and Varian almost drop the bottle. "What in the world is all this- oh, Princess Y/n. What brings you here?" Quirin, Varian's father, asks, entering and politely bowing to the youngest princess. Y/n smiles. "Hello, I'm so sorry to intrude. I just came by to spend a little time with Varian. I got bored waiting for my sister, Rapunzel." She replies, with a little curtsy. "It's no intrusion at all. Varian's been talking about you all weekend." Quirin states, instantly making his fourteen year old son flush with embarrassment.

"And, happy birthday." Quirin tells Y/n. "Oh, heh. Thank you, sir." She responds. "You're welcome. And, call me Quirin." Varian's father says. Y/n nods, with a smile, as Quirin turns to Varian. "And, son, try not to cause a village accident again." He tells his son, sternly, before heading back out.

Y/n turns to Varian, who chuckles awkwardly. "Heh, my dad's still not happy about my machine's going haywire." He points out. Y/n nods, holding his hand comfortingly. This makes Varian smile, before he clears his throat a little. "Well, uh.. how about some lunch Y/n? I'll make ham sandwiches!" He suggests.

"That sounds nice, Varian. Except I, uh.. I don't eat meat." Y/n admits. "Oh, well I can make other sandwiches too, come on." Varian assures Y/n, holding her hand. They head upstairs, make a few sandwiches and some lemonade and then sit by the tree outside. Like a picnic, they sit on a blanket together - a patchwork blanket of various colours.

"So.. I have to ask.." Varian says, wiping butter off his cheek. "..why are you here with me?" He asks. This causes Y/n to turn to him, in confusion.

"I know, you're waiting for Rapunzel. But.." Varian tells her, then shrugs. "You know, you're a princess of Corona. You must have better things going on, than being stuck here with me." He points out.

Reaching her arm out, Y/n holds Varian hand. "I'm not stuck with you, Varian. I enjoy spending time with you, and I hope to more often. If you want, that is." She tries to assure him. Varian swallows the bite of ham sandwich he took, then nods. "No, absolutely! I want that too, Y/n. But, I mean.. don't you have other things to do?" He asks, curiously.

"I should, but.." Y/n answers, then sighs slowly. "..most of the things I want to do on my birthday, I want to do with Rapunzel. She's my older sister, after all and I've always wanted to spend time with her ever since I found out I have a sister." She points out, and Varian nods in understanding.

Then Y/n begins to drown, which makes Varian's smirk fade. "She always has these future queen preparations to take care of, so we haven't really gotten up to any sisterly activities in a while." She realises, slowly twiddling her fingers on her knees.

Turning to look at Varian, Y/n lets out a soft giggle. "I remember when we rode our horses away from the guards, just before her coronation day. It was so fun." She recalls, causing Varian to smirk a little.

But then, Y/n's smile slowly disappears. "Lately, I've noticed it's been all about Rapunzel. I guess it makes me feel a little.." She confesses, then pauses in an attempt to find the right word(s) to explain how she's feeling about Rapunzel getting a lot more attention. "Left out?" Varian guesses, looking at Y/n sympathetically. She turns to Varian and nods, before turning forward with a soft sigh, glancing down and frowning in realisation.

Varian looks at Y/n, then gently taps her shoulder to make her face him once more. "Well, my door is always open if you ever need someone." He offers, slowly extending his hand out for her to hold.

Y/n begins to smile again, while she gently holds Varian's hand and unknowingly intertwines her fingers with his. "Thank you, Varian." She tells him.

Finding herself leaning her head upon Varian's shoulder, Y/n quietly sighs with a smile. Hand in hand, two young teens sit on the blanket together and gaze across the rest of Old Corona's small yet lovely village. "Anytime." Varian replies, softly.

[A Little Later]
After quite a long moment of silence, Varian looks at Y/n to discover that she has fallen asleep. Carefully lifting her head from his shoulder, he gently lays her down on the picnic blanket beneath the two. Then he lays beside her, refusing to take his diamond blue eyes off of the pretty young princess who naps peacefully beside him.

[A Few Minutes Later]
Y/n hums in her sleep, while Varian has also fallen asleep beside her. Stretching her arms, Y/n's eyes begin to flutter open. "Hey.." Varian greets, after he awakens and sits up. "Hi.." Y/n mumbles, rubbing her eyes. Suddenly, her eyes widen in realisation. "Oh! I must have been away from the castle for a while. I should probably get home." She realises.

"Oh, right." Varian agrees, as he stands up. "You are coming to the kingdom celebration, aren't you, Varian? Everybody will be there." Y/n tells him. "Are you kidding?" Varian chuckles, helping Y/n stand up by holding her hand. "I wouldn't miss it. My dad and I are coming. Ruddiger, too. We can't wait!"

"How splendid! I will see you then, Varian." Y/n says, giving Varian another hug. "Yeah.. see you then, Y/n." He replies, hugging her back, with a smile. Y/n separates and gives Varian and Ruddiger one last wave goodbye, before she, Maximus and Bucky make their way back to the castle.

[In Corona Castle]
"Y/n, there you are! I am so sorry for not spending time with you, but I can explain-" Rapunzel tells her little sister, then pauses when Y/n pulls her into a warm hug. "I'm just glad you're here to spend my birthday with me now." She tells Rapunzel, who gladly smiles and hugs her little sister back.

"Hey, Y/n! You found her, Blondie!" Eugene says, with a smirk. "Hey, kid. Ready to kick off your birthday?" Cassandra asks. Y/n nods, as Bucky gives her a little hug. "Definitely!" She declares, with a smile. Rapunzel smiles and holds up a purple box. "Here.. for you. Happy birthday, sis." She tells Y/n, handing her the homemade present.

Y/n opens her present from Rapunzel, then gasps. "Do you..?" Rapunzel asks, caressing her golden hair nervously. "I love it!" Y/n states, ecstatically.

Rapunzel sighs, in relief. "Well? Go try it on." Cassandra insists. Y/n nods, then rushes to her bedroom. Rapunzel's homemade birthday gift is a beautiful dress she designed for her sister!

The kingdom of Corona swarms with hundreds of townsfolk - melodious music is heard throughout the kingdom, and a tall stack of birthday presents from the townsfolk can be seen outside.

Everybody joins together in a glorious celebration. People dance, the shining sun smiles down, the fluffy, white clouds dance gracefully across the sky, the delicious scent of freshly baked foods fills the streets and everything is as it should be.

[At Night]
The sun eventually leaves, so the moon can rise over the hills and glance down upon all the patient people of Corona who wait for the firework ceremony to commence. "Ladies and gentlemen of Corona, we thank all of you for joining together this night in celebration of Princess Y/n's fourteenth birthday." Frederic announces. The large crowd of people, in front of the castle, cheer and applaud.

Y/n waves, with a friendly smile. Then she spots Varian in the crowd, with his father, Quirin, and Ruddiger on Varian's shoulder. She waves to her alchemist friend. Varian smirks and waves back, as Arianna hands her youngest daughter a bouquet of her favourite flowers - the rare blue roses.

Y/n smiles, holds the bouquet and sniffs them, before accidentally letting out a little sneeze. "Heh, hay fever." She realises, with an awkward shrug. The crowd of people laugh, but not in a mean way.

"Now, let the fireworks ceremony commence. Princess Y/n, would you do the honours?" Frederic asks. Y/n beams, lighting the match Cassandra handed her. Then, Y/n lights the fireworks.

The night sky explodes magnificently with every colour - fireworks of all shapes, sizes and colours light up the sky and the crowd oohs in ecstasy.

"So, what do you think Y/n?" Rapunzel asks. Y/n then pulls her older sister in for a warm side hug. "Best birthday ever!" She confirms, with a smile.

Rapunzel sees her little sister's eyes light up with joy. Bucky snuggles against Y/n comfortingly, as Pascal up looks at the bright fireworks, in awe. "Happy birthday, Y/n." Rapunzel tells Y/n, making her smile. "Thank you, sis." She replies.

Question Of The Chapter!
Who is your least favourite non-evil character?
My Answer: Nigel. He's just so an irritating!
Yours?

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

45.3K 962 58
Evil follows the group and will do anything to stop you from getting your destiny. Can you rise above everything and face what lies ahead? Will Varia...
174K 5K 111
We all know what happened to Varian in the first season of "Tangled: The Series." He became the villain, was defeated by Rapunzel, and thrown into pr...
Strangled Door PamelaRoseGirl

Mysterie / Thriller

129 3 15
It's the tale of Rapunzel and Flynn- but not how you've been told... Years locked away does strange things to the mind, and this young princess is no...
5.2K 124 8
As long as Varian can remember, he has had to do whatever people tell him to do. (Varian-centric Ella Enchanted AU of Varian and the 7 Kingdoms, writ...