Ben 10 and She-Ra: Heroes of...

Af 1102Smeagol

An investigation into space time anomalies lands Ben Tennyson and his partner Rook Blonko on the mysterious a... Mere

Chapter 1: Just another normal day
Chapter 2: Aliens vs Horde
Chapter 3: The Sea Gate
Chapter 4: A Corroded Blast from the Past
Chapter 5: System Failure
Chapter 6: In the Shadows of Mystacor
Chapter 8: No Princess Left Behind

Chapter 7: Princess Prom

937 22 23
Af 1102Smeagol

Voice cast:

Yuri Lowenthal as Ben Tennyson
Bumper Robinson as Rook Blonko
Aimee Carrero as Adora
Karen Fukuhara as Glimmer
Marcus Scribner as Bow
AJ Michalka as Catra
Dee Bradley Baker as Diamondhead
Genesis Rodriguez as Perfuma
Christine Woods as Entrapta
Merit Leighton as Frosta
Vella Lovell as Mermista
Jordan Fisher as Sea Hawk
Lauren Ash as Scorpia
———————————————————————————

In the bright kingdom of Bright Moon, Adora stood outside the room of Princess Glimmer. She knocked on the door with a scroll in hand, she had recently received it in the mail and wondered what it could be. Hoping her new friends would know something about it.

"Uh, hey, guys, I got an invitation to the All Princess Ball, Winter Wonderland." Adora asked looking over the scroll. "Do you know what this is?"

Before an answer could come.. "PRINCESS PROM!" Bow and Glimmer cheered bursting through the door much to Adoras surprise.

"Princess Prom! Princess Prom! We are going to Princess Prom!" The two cheered as they danced around the Adora stood at the door in confusion Ben and Rook arrived, given the noise the two friends made.

"Hey, what's all the commotion about?" Ben asked as he and his partner peeked into the room. They looked at Adora who was just as confused.

"They seem to be rather excited about something?" Rook guessed.

"Yeah, I just got this in the mail today, I wanted to know what it was but well..." Adora explained showing them the scroll as she gestured to the dancing in the room.

"I'll just come back later." Adora said.

"Is someone gonna tell us what's going on?" Ben then asked getting Bow and Glimmers attention.

"The ball is a meeting for all the princesses of Etheria." Bow explained to the three confused new comers.

"And a giant party!" Glimmer squeaked happily as she teleported to Adora and danced with her. "Dancing, food, fancy dresses."

"Dancing!" Adora grimaced.

"Wait, you guys have your own version of prom?" Ben realised recognising the description. Bow and Glimmer were rather surprised to know that the Omnitrix bearer knew something about this.

"You have it too?" Bow asked.

"Yeah, back in high school we have the junior prom, I attended it a couple of years ago with my ex Julie after I got the new Omnitrix." Ben explained. "Only happens at the end of the junior year."

"It would seem this is one of the things both our worlds have in common." Rook realised.

"Well, Princess Prom only happens once a decade." Glimmer explained happily. "I've been waiting years for this!"

"So it's a coming of age thing, that you wait decades for?" Ben guessed. "Eh, news to me."

"Uh, I'm only a princess sometimes, so are you sure I should even go?" Adora pointed out stuttering. Since she felt she wasn't an official princess unless she turns into She-Ra.

"Of course!" Glimmer explained. "Every princess is invited! That includes you!" She pointed to Adora.

"Oh yeah. It's all in the invite." Bow explained as he unraveled the invite scroll and it was a pretty long one too much to Bens surprise.

"That is a long invitation." Rook pointed out looking at it whilst Ben picked it up and looked through it.

"They really need an extra long scroll to invite someone to a ball?" Ben questioned. Adora then joined in looking at the scroll and read some of the key points.

"Rules for greeting the hostess." She read. "Expected curtsy depth? Proper stair descending etiquette?" Adora scoffed at some of it.

"The ball has been going on for centuries." Bow explained. "There's a lot of etiquette stuff you gotta do before you can party."

"Seriously?" Ben question with a raised eyebrow.

"It is a formal event Ben, so it only seems natural for this kind of etiquette to be required." Rook said."But is this wise?" Rook wondered. "With all the princesses gathered in one place, would that not make it easy for the Horde to attack?"

"Doubt it Rook, the Horde doesn't even know anything about it." Bow assured.

"It's gonna be so much fun! And Princess Frosta is hosting it this year in the Kingdom of Snows!" Glimmer said excitedly.

"Princess Frosta?" Rook asked.

"I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that she has Ice powers right?" Ben guessed.

"Right! She lives in the kingdom of Snows, which is way beyond the Hordes reach." Glimmer explained. "Her magic is incredibly powerful. She'd be a huge get for The Rebellion!"

"So we get to party and get a new recruit for the alliance at the same time?" Ben said. "Sounds like a win win to me."

As the two talked Adora continued to look over the scroll and the instructions. This was a big event, and she had to memorise everything all she could do was sit down and whimper.

"Don't worry! I'll be with you and so will the rest of us." Glimmer explained.

"I'm afraid there is a problem, Ben and I are not Princesses, or royalty so I do not think we can attend." Rook voiced in concern.

"Oh, yes you can, you guys can go as plus ones." Glimmer assured to the two Plumbers. "Just like Bow 'cause he's going as my plus one!" She added cheerfully.

Bow was a little surprised to hear that, given there was something he forgot to tell Glimmer.

"Uh actually..."

"Together the five of us can handle anything." Glimmer interrupted.

"About that..." Bow tried again.

"It's the best friend squad in action! Right Bow?" Glimmer interrupted again then looking to her friend.

"I'm going with Perfuma." Bow finally said.

"WHAT?!" Both Glimmer and Ben said in complete surprise, truth be told Rook was rather taken aback too though he wasn't sure why.

...

The Fright Zone:

Meanwhile in the darkness of the Fright Zone, Catra was pacing around in her living quarters complaining about recent events.

"I'm sick of this!" She complained to someone. "Shadow Weaver failed to get Adora, not to mention deal with Tennyson and if Hordak finds out she's disobeying him, she'll take us down with her."

Shadow Weaver had tried to get Adora in Mystacor but failed due to Bens intervention once again. And to Catra this was getting old. Not to mention if their master were to discover it he would punish her and those who helped her.

"She's obsessed." She continued. "When we need to think big picture. It's time for someone new to take over. Me." She said with ambition in her voice.

"So, you in?"

The person the feline Force Captain was voicing all this to, was none other than Scorpia. Who was more than glad to be spending some time with Catra given how she bonded with her at the Sea Gate.

"I'm hanging out in your room!" She chuckled.

"Unfortunately, you're the only one I can trust around here." Much to Catra's dismay.

"Because we're best friends" Scorpia said happily.

"Stop being so you and help me think." Catra snapped as she paced around the room. "I have the beginning of a plan, but it's not enough. I need to capture Adora so Shadow Weaver doesn't demote me, I need to take down Tennyson which hangs on taking that watch of his so I can make Shadow Weaver sorry she doubted me!" Catra voiced.

"And I need to impress Hordak so he'll make me the new Shadow Weaver. How do I do all?" She asked out loud.

Whilst the feline paced the room Scorpia looked in her pincers at a scroll she had in her possession. Then she had an idea.

"Why don't you try something at the All-Princess Ball?" Scorpia voiced "Every princess is gonna be there, so Adora probably will be too." Catra stopped in her tracks when she heard what Scorpia said.

"Ooh! This year's theme is Winter Wonderland." She said in awe. In that moment Catra snatched the scroll out of her pincers and looked at it.

"How did you get your claws on this?" Catra demanded.

"They sent it to me." Scorpia explained. "I'm a princess."

"YOU'RE A PRINCESS?!" Catra exclaimed in shock, one of the Hordes Force Captain's was a Princess? The people they were fighting. So many questions were running through her head.

"Yeah, you know. The Horde crash landed in my family's kingdom." Scorpia explained the story. "We let them stay. My family gave Hordak our runestone the Black Garnet?"

"You're a Princess?" Catra still questioned still confused.

"Ah man, I thought everyone knew." Scorpia said scratching the back of her head. "I mean, it's covered in Force Captain Orientation."

"I'm beginning to think I shouldn't have skipped that." Catra realises as she handed Scorpia back the scroll.

"Okay, so you're a princess, and you're going to a princess ball." She then said getting back to business.

"Oh no. I'm not going. No." Scorpia then said a little down "No one liked my family, even before we joined The Horde I never really fit in with the other princesses." She admitted. "I made them uncomfortable and they don't like that, they don't like me."

As Catra listened she did feel a little sorry for Scorpia, but at the same time she had an idea that would fit in with her plans perfectly.

"And that's exactly why you have to go!" Catra said with a smirk on her face. "How dare they pretend they're better just because you're different!" She stood up and Scorpia listened. "How dare they abandon people just because they don't fit into their perfect little lives!"

Scorpia listened and she started to feel a wave of confidence. "Yeah!"

"How dare they take best friends and turn them into giant sword ladies who run off with people clearly inferior to you!" Catra said a little angry. "And how dare they send a guy with a watch and make you look like a fool!"

"You're telling my whole life with your words." Scorpia said in an admiring way.

"It's time to show those princesses a thing or two! You're going, I'm coming as your plus one and we'll make this a night no one will ever forget!" Catra smirked with confidence.

Suddenly Catra was pulled into a crushing hug by Scorpia who was more than overjoyed. "Super Pal Duo is going to prom!"

...

Bright Moon:

Back in the kingdom, Bow and Glimmer were having a talk about Bow going to the ball with Perfuma, whilst Ben and Rook just followed them listening to their talk.

"She asked and I said yes, I didn't think it would be a big deal?" Bow explained to his friend.

"It's not, It's fine I'm just surprised." Glimmer said. Ben and Rook just looked at each other knowingly since even they could see it was a big deal to her.

"When did you two even talk about it?" Glimmer then asked.

"Oh, she was super slick." Bow exaggerated.

...

Flashback: Outskirts of Plumeria:

Bow was battling in a Horde facility close to the kingdom of Plumeria. This was actually the first Princess recruitment mission when they met princess Perfuma.

The master archer was firing multiple arrows at his enemies. Just then he was standing back to back with said flower princess.

"Wanna go to the ball with me?" She asked.

"Okay!" Bow answered as Perfuma launched her vines at the incoming Horde forces.

...

Present Day:

"Dude, that's not super slick." Ben said in a deadpanned way. "And you're talking to an expert."

"I thought it'd be fun." Bow then said to Glimmer. "And besides, Perfuma's cool, right?"

"Yes Perfuma is a very cool person, and is rather kind." Rook admitted given the time he spent with her in rebuilding Plumeria.

Ben just shook his head smirking as he knew better than that, even if Rook didn't know it.

"She's fine." Glimmer then said. "But we always go to events together. We have our whole routine. We wear matching outfits, share inside jokes and eat ice cream afterwards. It's our thing."

"Well there's nothing wrong with a new thing." Bow said. "I gotta get ready. We'll hang out there, okay?" He then took his leave leaving Glimmer with a rather nervous and anxious look on her face.

"But I liked our old thing." Glimmer said a little down.

"I take it you do not do well with change?" Rook guessed.

"No!" Glimmer admitted looking at Ben and Rook. "Maybe, but it's just well, for a while its been just me and Bow two friends hanging out but now it.."

"Hey Glimmer relax, so what if he's going with someone else to the Prom, it's not gonna change he's still your friend." Ben said in assurance. "Besides, it's okay for him to hang with other people."

"I didn't say it wasn't." Glimmer said and decided to change the subject. "But to be honest, I'm not surprised you're not sad about Bow going with Perfuma." She said to Rook who looked confused.

"Why would I be sad about that?" Rook questioned. Glimmer and Ben just looked at each other with the same surprised expression.

"Seriously?" She questioned.

Rook looked with a confused face, Ben decided it was time to bring their thoughts into the open.

"Rook, have you noticed how Perfuma acted when we first met her?" Ben asked.

"Uh...yes, she was humbled to meet us." Rook guessed.

"Or the way she looks at you?" Ben then asked.

"I still do not understand." Rook said still unsure.

Glimmer groaned as she looked at Rook. "Rook, when you went to help rebuild Plumeria after the Corrodium thing, what did you do?"

"Well I helped to rebuild peoples homes, and the princess even introduced me to some of their cultures which did remind me a little bit of my home on Revonnah." Rook explained remembering the time he spent in Plumeria.

"I found them most interesting, especially the flower garments." Rook continued.

"And during that time you didn't notice her looking at you in a strange way?" Ben asked.

The Revonnagander took a moment to think and he did admit at times he did notice how the flower princess looked at him. Or the number of times she blushed when he looked in her direction.

"I admit her face did look a little red." Rook admitted.

"And what does that mean?" Ben hinted.

"That she was overheating?" Rook guessed.

"NO!" Glimmer groaned. "It's because she has a crush on you!"

Rook did seem a little taken aback by this statement, did Perfuma really have a crush on him, but how?

"But I already have a girlfriend." Rook said which was more than a surprise to Glimmer.

"Really?" Glimmer said in surprise.

"Yes, her name is Rayona, she is quite attractive." Rook explained.

"Yeah, I've actually met her when we went to Rooks homeworld, apparently he's had no other interests in girls other than her." Ben confirmed.

"I do not see though, why the princess would like me?" Rook questioned. "Though she does in someway, remind me a little of Rayona."

"Well, who wouldn't? I mean you're kind, strong, good with a weapon, not to mention you're polite." Glimmer listed.

"Plus, that didn't stop Fistina or Sceles Vreedle." Ben teased.

Rook just grimaced at that very name given what happened during the Vreedle crisis between Ma and Pa Vreedle.

"I thought we agreed never to speak of that again." He shivered.

Glimmer then had an idea. "Well in that case Rook, you can come with me as my plus one instead, if that's okay with you?"

"Very well, I would be humbled to be your escort to the ball." Rook agreed much to Glimmers joy.

It was at that moment Adora bursted out her room doors surprising the group.

"Glimmer, guys! Good. No time to waste!" Adora said excited as she pulled the three of them into her room.

...

When they looked in her room they saw that the walls and curtain, were covered with pictures and pin boards, all leading back to the invite scroll. It was clear to Rook and Glimmer that she had been preparing for the ball in her own way.

"I've been studying the invite and, I think advance prep will be key to success." Adora said pointing a stick to the invite scroll. "I've divided the rules into base parts. Dance rules, etiquette rules, rules for greeting the hostess."

She gestured for the group to sit down which they did as she showed them a board of wooden figures. It was almost like a chess board.

"I then broke down the ballroom into quadrants, and I'm familiarising myself with targets." Adora continued.

"Uh...Adora, no offence but isn't this a little overkill?" Ben admitted. "We're going to a ball not invading a highly guarded fortress."

"You can never be to careful." Adora said as she handed Glimmer some cards. "Ask me anything."

The Bright Moon Princess selected a card and read it out. "Princess Frosta."

"Ruler of The Kingdom of Snows, has the biggest kingdom outside of Bright Moon, neutral in the fight against the Horde." Adora explained.

"Allies with the Star Sisters who are friends with Mermista, but not Sweet Bee who is dating Peekablue" Rook continued. Adora and everyone else looked at Rook in surprise, how could he possibly know that so quickly?

"I too did some research when we first recruited Mermista, in case we reached out to other princesses in Etheria." Rook explained.

"Anyway..." Adora continued as she looked at her diagram again. "Up means friends, down means frenemies. And I made an obstacle course!" She lifted the curtain to show them an obstacle course made from furniture in her room as well as a few fashion dummies.

"I'm feeling good! I'm prepared for any and all scenarios. I am so ready for this ball." Adora said confidently, but Ben thought it was a little much for one ball, but then again he felt similar jitters on his first date with Julie.

"Yeah, if you're playing action limbo in a mine field." Ben muttered to Glimmer who could only silently nod.

"Great! What are you wearing?" Glimmer then asked changing the subject.

"I was just gonna go as She-Ra, I mean, she has better hair." Adora admitted looking at her own hair.

"That is true, She-Ra does have better hair." Rook agreed.

"Well, you can't go as She-Ra." Glimmer explained as she went over to the invite. "They have a strict no weapons rule. Neutral ground and all." She pulled on a tab that said 'no weapons.'

"So, you'll have to leave your sword at the door." Glimmer explained.

"Ugh, how are there more parts to this invite?" Adora groaned.

"That goes for you and your Proto-Tool Rook." Glimmer explained.

"Yeah, well leaving this at the door is gonna be tough." Ben said pointing to the Omnitrix. "Since it's bonded to my DNA it can't ever come off."

"Wait, it never comes off?" Adora said in surprise.

"Nope, trust me I've tried." Ben said remembering the times he tried to get the Omnitrix off in the past.

"The Omnitrix bonds to its users own DNA structure so it can never be removed, like removing a hat." Rook confirmed.

"So, it's like, part of you?" Glimmer realised.

"Never thought of it that way, but yeah." Ben said.

"Well in that case just don't use it, to everyone else it's just a normal watch." Glimmer decided.

"Like I'm gonna use it, it ain't like the Horde are gonna attack." Ben said. "But on the matter of what to wear, is business or casual okay Glimmer? I don't have a tux." He gestured to himself.

"True, Ben and I do lack the formal attire needed for this ball." Rook agreed.

"I'm sure there's some tux's lying around in the store room in the castle you could use." Glimmer said then as she was in thought she had one she was particularly excited about.

"You know what this means?" Glimmer gasped in excitement.

"That clothes don't matter and I should keep on studying?" Adora hoped but no it wasn't.

"It's makeover time!" Glimmer shrined in delight with anime sparkles in her eyes.

The next thing Ben and Rook knew they were pushed out of the room by Glimmer.

"Boys, out of the room!" Glimmer said as she shut the door behind them.

Ben and Rook just shrugged at each other. They then decided to head down to the castle store room, and hopefully find some tuxedos to use.

...

(Cue the montage! Because I mean, who doesn't like a montage?)

Everyone started to get ready, Glimmer helped Adora with her hair rapping her pony tail into a bun and held it in place with a pin. She even had a few dresses for her to try on much to Adoras displeasure. Glimmer reached for another pink puffy dress but saw Adora went back to studying her plans, which put an annoyed look on her face.

...

They weren't the only ones getting ready. In the Fright Zone Catra was changing into, a dark red and dark magenta suit with, black fingerless gloves and a bow tie hanging un tied round her neck.

Scorpia soon appeared wearing a grey, black and red puffy dress which did look silly. The two Force Captains just laughed in amusement.

...

Back in Bright Moon, Bow was now wearing a tuxedo of his own with a white jacket, a pink shirt with a black bowtie, and dark purrsian pants and rose pink cummerbund. However he then moved to tear it off which exposed his stomach.

...

Meanwhile Ben and Rook who eventually found tuxedos of their own in the store room were changing in Rooks room. Ben was wearing a white shirt with a green underjacket with dark green pants and black polished shoes. He was growling as he tried to comb his hair back, but the cowlick in his hair had other ideas.

"Grr cowlick!" He growled.

Rook on the other hand was wearing a blue suit, with black collar linings and a white shirt underneath it with black shoes. He was having trouble tying his bow tie, given he'd never tied such a thing on his homeworld during formal events.

Ben just rolled his eyes and he helped his partner tie his bow tie, given he knew how to tie a bow tie thanks to his parents and gave his partner a thumbs up and Rook gave his own in response.

...

Meanwhile Adora was still looking over her plans whilst Glimmer got her to try on yet another pink fluffy dress and tried to do up her hair with a pin. Whilst the princess was off getting another dress to try on Adora used the pin to hold another of her notes in place.

...

Back in the Fright Zone, Scorpia was trying on yet another dress which was black and red with some poofs on and a Horde insignia on the corset. Catra just looked with shock and horror knowing she couldn't be seen with Scorpia like this.

...

In Plumeria Bow had arrived to pick up Perfuma who was wearing a pink flowery dress with a gold version of her tiara, with some pink and gold roses in her hair.

Bow then offered her a gold flower necklace which would be the equivalent of a corsage. She gasped in delight as Bow put it round her neck, and she responded by using her powers to make Bow a corsage of his own. However it was more like a flower wreath than a corsage. Perfuma then corrected this by changing it to a simple flower tie on the collar of his Tuxedo.

Bow smiled as he offered his hand which the flower princess took as they made their way to the prom.

...

In the Fright Zone Catra was tapping her foot waiting for Scorpia to appear, hoping it wouldn't be something ridiculous.

Eventually the scorpion force captain appeared now wearing a black dress with red diamonds on her waist with red underlining, there was some tears on her left arm, and wore black high heel sandals with black straps. She had red garnet ear rings and her hair was done up all fancy. She did blush a little in embarrassment.

However Catra just smiled and offered her hand which Scorpia was more than happy to take.

...

Back in Bright Moon Ben and Rook were now dressed in their suits and Ben now had a dark green jacket over his under jacket and shirt with his hair combed back. He had something in his hand for Adora since he agreed to be her plus one.

Ben knocked on her bedroom door and it opened to reveal Glimmer and Adora in their dresses.

Adora was now wearing a sleeveless red dress with a gold waist band, and gold flat sandals with straps on her legs. She maintained her pony tail with a star pin in her hair compliments of Glimmer.

The latter was wearing a violet and dark purple poof dress with a lilac cross and purple diamond necklace and short white fingerless gloves and her normal boots.

Ben was a little surprised as was Rook, Adora looked a little embarrassed but Ben just brought out a corsage which was a yellow flower which Adora let him tie on her wrist. Ben explained it was customary for Prom so his friend went with it. With that the Omnitrix bearer and Revonnahgander offered their hands to their dates which they were more than happy to take.

...

Kingdom of Snows:

The great kingdom of Snows the largest kingdom in Etheria, much larger than Bright Moon, as it stood in the setting sun under three of the moons surrounding the planet. The palace was almost enough to put the Ice Palace from Frozen to shame (Almost!)

At the entrance guests started to arrive and at the door Adora was a little hesitant at leaving the sword with the guards.

"Be careful and don't just lean it anywhere and don't keep it with the other swords or it might get confused!" Adora advised whilst the guard tried to take the sword off her, until Glimmer and Ben pulled her free from it.

"Adora, c'mon." Glimmer insisted eventually Adora let go of the sword. Rook then handed over his Proto-tool to the guards as he followed the rest of the group.

They walked down the ice decorated hallways, to a large door, upon the doors opening the sight was a marvel to behold.

"Whoa...big!" Adora said in surprise.

"Cool, literally!" Ben said in surprise too.

They entered to see a large ice decorated ballroom with patterns and pillars themed in winter and treats on ice tables. Other guests were Etherian princesses with their dates which were also other princesses too, even Spinerella and Netossa.

"This is beautiful." Rook said in amazement.

"Yeah and to think it only happens once in a decade!" Ben said amazed.

"The ball is an ancient tradition. A princess' first ball is a huge rite of passage." Glimmer explained to the group. "Plus, the Kingdom of Snows is really big."

"I just hope this turns out better than my own prom." Ben admitted.

"Why, what was bad about it?"Adora asked.

"Let's just say when people find out you're a super hero, high school dances can get a little intense." Ben grimaced.

...

He remembered his junior prom with his ex Julie after getting the new Omnitrix. He planned to try and make it perfect for her who wore a pink and white dress with long gloves. However when at the ball he was getting hurassed by adoring fans of his, not to mention a few girls too. Eventually they had to leave, but in the end Ben took Julie to an overlook high over Bellwood and shared a dance.

...

"Eventually we had to settle on a night dance on an over look, it had a good view of Bellwood, wasn't perfect but better than getting the paparazzi." Ben finished.

"Aww! That's so romantic!" Glimmer awed. "But don't worry this time it'll be different, besides no one here knows about you or the watch so the whole fan thing is out of the way."

"Yeah, but if this kingdom is big and all the Princesses are here that's why we need Frosta. If she joins us, the other princesses are sure to follow." Adora said as they stepped up to the throne to greet the hostess after Spinerella and Nettossa.

Adora took a deep breath as she and Ben approached the throne. "Here we go."

The two approached and bowed/ curtsied to the hostess. "Hold for one, two and three."

They rose from their bow only to see before them that the princess was surprisingly an eleven year old girl with short blue hair with a light and dark blue fur dress with white fur and ice crystals on it.

"That's Frosta?" Adora whispered to Ben "But she's like, 10!"

"Hey! I got my powers when I was ten." Ben whispered back.

However there were a few gasps from the crowd, given they had heard what Adora had just said and Ben just face slapped himself in embarrassment.

"I'm eleven and three quarters." Frosta said simply and Ben just stepped forward.

"Uh, our apologies your royal Iceness." Ben bowed. "She's uh...new around here." He smiled nervously.

Glimmer then took over as she and Rook bowed or curtsied.

"Revered hostess, we come under the ancient rules of hospitality, bringing greetings from Bright Moon." Glimmer said "And She-Ra, the legendary warrior with Ben Tennyson and Rook Blonko of Earth."

The crowd chattered as they heard the name She-Ra and they couldn't believe the legend was real that she was real.

"You are welcome under the ancient rules of hospitality." Frosta addressed the group. "Leave conflict at the door and please enjoy the ball."

"Your hospitality is appreciated revered hostess." Rook bowed.

"Thank you your..." Adora was interrupted when the guards pushed them aside to let other guests pass. "majesty."

The guards left leaving the group to discuss. "Well, that went well." Ben finally said.

"Couldn't have mentioned that she was a little kid?" Adora looked to Glimmer.

"You did all that research! I assumed you knew!" Glimmer exclaimed silently.

"I didn't! Me and Rook are still new at this!" Ben pointed out.

"This does make our recruitment of the princess a bit more difficult." Rook pointed out. "I am not sure involving her in war is a good idea, children do not belong in war."

"Yeah, but Rook she has ice powers, and come on I was ten and I went up against alien warlords!" Ben said. "And you're right, but we still need to convince her."

"You know what? It's fine, there's plenty of time to win her over." Glimmer then decided. "Come on, let's rock this ball!"

They looked at the crowds enjoying themselves as the music played. Glimmer looked around for any sign of Bow but so far nothing, whilst Ben and Rook wondered what to do next.

"I suppose the first thing in order would be to, uh mingle as it were." Rook suggested. Adora looked around and then caught sight of a familiar face.

"Oh! There's Entrapta!" Adora said as she, Ben, Rook and Glimmer walked over to one of the ice pillars.

Sliding down it was the tech princess Entrapta who wore, a set of purple and pink goggles on her face.

"Adora, Ben, Rook and Glimmer!" Entrapta greeted.

"Hey Entrapta." Ben greeted.

"Are you here for the social experiment too?" She asked.

"Social experiment?" Adora asked confused.

"Different groups are forced to mingle. Hierarchies form and break. It's the perfect place to observe behaviour." Entrapta said as she looked at the crowds.

Ben and Rook just looked at each other, she must think this is the equivalent of a safari in Africa.

"And they have tiny food!" Entrapta then showed them her overall pocket was full of tiny food which was no surprise to Rook given their experience in Dryl.

"Where's Bow? I wanna show him my new recorder." Entrapta then asked holding up a small voice recorder device.

"He's coming later." Glimmer simply said still a little upset.

"Didn't he come with you, aren't you two friends?" Entrapta asked whilst Ben just gave a silent hand signal saying don't bring that up!

"Why would you think we're not?..."

"There he is now!" Entrapta interrupted Glimmer as they looked over to see the archer and flower princess enter the ball room.

The moment Rook looked, his eyes lay on the flower princess. He wasn't sure why but he couldn't take his eyes off her, she looked as radiant as a rose. The light of the ice ballroom brought out the colour of her eyes and dress. In truth he couldn't help but blush a little. However all Glimmer could look at was the fact that the two of them had their arms linked.

"They're matching." Glimmer said in surprise. "That's our best friend thing."

"Feelings seem to be getting hurt." Entrapta observed quietly.

Just then joining the group, was a certain sea princess with her hair tied in a bun with some going down the side of her face. She was wearing a long blue dress and a blue sleeveless shirt exposing her mid riff which was covered by a mermaid themed shall coming from her arm and had a gold and blue necklace with earrings.

"Hey, I'm here too." Mermista greeted in her own way. "Don't make a big thing out of it."

Adora and Ben smiled as she appeared. "Hey Mermista, you're looking good." Ben greeted.

"What did I just say?" Mermista said with a raised eyebrow.

Perfuma and Bow were sharing a laugh at a funny joke the princess had just told him. Glimmer began to get more and more hurt, not to mention annoyed.

"They're making up their own inside jokes!?" Glimmer exclaimed. "What? Is Perfuma his new best friend now?"

"Oh boy, I'm sensing some jealousy." Ben said in a teasing way.

"I'm not jealous!" Glimmer exclaimed.

"I don't know, seems that way, right partner?" Ben said looking to the Ravonnahgander, but he was still transfixed on Perfuma and didn't respond.

"Rook?" Ben called but no response. "Rook!" He said snapping his fingers which snapped him out of it.

"Uh what, did...did you say something Ben?" Rook finally acknowledged.

"Not gonna get into whatever is happening there." Mermista said simply. Entrapta meanwhile was just walking around in circles recording her logs.

"People walking around in circles." Entrapta whispered.

"Or that." Mermista said a little wired out. "Look, have you seen..."

"She's a beauty can't you see?.." Mermista tensed as she knew who was singing and the group looked to see Sea Hawk in his own tux, which was an open blue jacket with gold shoulder pads, a long white v necked shirt and blue pants.

"She's attending this with me! She's my princess of the sea! Mermista!" He sung whilst the other guests were a little confused by his behaviour.

He then walked over to the group where Mermista was covering her face with embarrassment. Then noticed some familiar faces among them.

"Oh hey, it's my crew." He greeted.

"Hey man, good to see you!" Ben greeted as they bumped fists.

"Yes hello Sea Hawk, it's a pleasure to see you again." Rook greeted.

"A pleasure as always crew." Sea Hawk greeted back.

"So, Sea Hawk's your plus one?" Adora teased with a raised eyebrow.

"No." Mermista denied as she pushed said plus one aside. "He is just my ride. Just. My. Ride." She gritted her teeth.

"Of course." Sea Hawk laughed as he then whispered to the group. "I am her plus one."

"Kinda guessed that dude." Ben whispered back.

"So, Ben's your plus one?" Mermista then smirked back at Adora. "I guess you lucked out with his bad jokes." Ben just pouted at that remark.

"This is the best social experiment I've ever been to!" Entrapta said happily as she popped up under Sea Hawks arm.

"Whatever. Do they have a kelp bar here?" Mermista walked away just as Glimmer joined the group and Sea Hawk was close behind.

"To the buffet!" Sea Hawk announced. "Adven...Oh hi, Bow."

Glimmer gasped as she saw Bow and Perfuma heading towards them. Adora was about to greet them.

"Hey..." Suddenly Glimmer grabbed Adora and laughed as the archer and flower princess came over.

"That's so funny, Adora!" Glimmer said laughing out of nowhere. "What a funny inside joke the two of us just came up with!"

"What inside...." Before Ben could finish that sentence Glimmer stamped on his foot which caused him to growl in pain.

"The She-Ra, Glimmer, Ben and oh Rook." Perfuma greeted with a small blush when she saw Rook in his tuxedo. "It's great to see you."

"Yes, uh it is good to see you as well princess." Rook greeted politely.

"Oh Rook, please call me Perfuma." She insisted.

"O..of course Pri... uh Perfuma." Rook stammered with a little blush whilst Ben just shook his head in a knowing way.

"Perfuma was just telling me about a winged horse that ate all the apples in Plumeria and then flew away." Bow laughed as he looked to Ben "Sound familiar?"

"Ha ha very funny, I almost forgot to laugh." Ben said unamused knowing Bow was just mocking him for his flying horse story.

"Ben says he's been seeing a winged horse too." Bow said to Perfuma who just giggled which didn't help Ben one bit.

"Sure, isn't this fun? Rook and I are having such a good time together and so are Ben and Adora." However Ben noticed that Adora was gone and she was eating treats off the tray held by a guard.

"Uh well, we're having a good time right, Rook?" Glimmer then said Rook wasn't quite sure how to respond to that. So he just smiled and nodded.

"O...kay, Uh, we're gonna go say hi to people. Wanna come?" Bow then asked.

"No, you guys go on." Glimmer insisted. "We'll find you later. I wanna hear the rest of this hilarious story that Adora was just telling."

"But she didn't.." The princess stamped on Bens foot again causing him to growl in pain again.

"Geez Glimmer, what the heck!" Ben growled.

Adora was eating some food off the table. She then noticed a certain ice princess at a nearby table. She saw this as an opportunity.

"Frosta's alone" Adora said hopefully. "I'm gonna try and go smooth things over with her, coming?" She asked.

Glimmer who looked a little sad, was too busy looking at Bow and Perfuma talking to Spinerella and Netossa laughing at their joke story.

"Never mind I'll be just be right back." Adora said as she walked away.

"I'd better go with her, for support." Ben said to Rook who just nodded in agreement.

Frosta was standing by the food tables as Adora and Ben joined her.

"Revered hostess." Adora bowed and curtsied "I've come to apologize for earlier. I was so rude."

"Yes, you were." Frosta acknowledged. "But as you're only an honorary princess, you can't be expected to know better."

"O..kay, uh your kingdom is very beautiful your highness, I've seen a lot of great places on Etheria but not one like this, it's truly incredible." Ben complimented.

"Yes, myself and Ben are honoured to be here." Adora agreed.

"Thank you. Now, I expect you're going to ask me to join your Rebellion?" Frosta then said rather unexpectedly.

"Wait, what?" Ben said in surprise.

"You know about that?" Adora said in surprise as well.

"Of course I do." Frosta answered "Princesses talk you know?" A guard then approached the princess with a tray of horderves. Frosta inspected it closely and saw something was off.

"The snow peas and the cookies are touching! Do it right!" Frosta instructed rather strictly and Ben had to admit, she did somehow remind him of Gwen when she was her age.

Adora just kneeled down to Frosta's height and spoke again.

"Princess Frosta, the Rebellion needs you." She tried. "Your kingdom is powerful. Your alliance could be the key to defeating the Horde."

"The Horde hasn't threatened us here." Frosta protested.

"That's only because the Kingdom of Snows is so out of the way, it doesn't matter to Hordak right now."

"She's right, but pretty soon the Horde will turn to your home." Ben continued. "I've seen what they're capable of and pretty soon they'll be powerful enough to conquer all the kingdoms, including this one."

"Joining the Rebellion is obviously your best bet." Adora then finished.

"The kingdom of Snows has defended itself perfectly well for thousands of years." Frosta said getting right in their faces. "We do not need your help or your Rebellion."

Some guards then joined the Princess. "Please continue to enjoy the ball." Frosta said to the two as she took her leave. Leaving Adora and Ben a little dissapointed.

"Well, that didn't go well." Ben said.

"Yeah, you could say that." Adora said disappointed as she went to find Glimmer and he decided to join her.

...

Meanwhile:

Bow and Perfuma were enjoying a chat with more princesses and guests at the ball, and shared a laugh with each other.

"Perfuma was just telling me about a winged horse that ate all the apples in Plumeria!" Bow joked and everyone laughed.

From the upper balcony of the ballroom Glimmer sat on a couch watching the scene. She looked a little saddened that her friend was enjoying himself with a new friend that wasn't her.

Rook on the other hand couldn't help but look at Perfuma, in some way she did indeed remind him of Rayona. But why was he feeling this way, he'd never betray her, but at the same time he was starting to wonder if Perfuma really did like him, and if he felt the same way. But if so why was he thinking this?

Soon the two were joined by Ben and Adora who sat down and groaned in annoyance.

"Where have you two been?" Glimmer asked.

"I told you, winning over Frosta." Adora groaned. "Scratch that, failing to win over Frosta."

"Yeah, she's so confident her land can resist the Horde, and doesn't even need us." Ben complained. "Man she reminds me too much of Gwen back when we were kids!"

"Well she is a child Ben, and after years of peace in her land. You can expect her to be confident in her lands protection." Rook explained.

Adora looked at Glimmer and saw she was a little distracted. "Are you okay?" She then asked and she saw Glimmer was looking at Bow who was enjoying himself with Perfuma.

"Why does it bother you so much?" Adora asked.

"It doesn't! Bow can hang out with whoever he wants. I just..." Glimmer groaned before she continued to speak.

"Just what?" Ben asked.

Glimmer groaned as she limped over the railing before she spoke again. "I never had that many friends. It's always been just me and Bow. But now, what if he likes his new friends better? What if everyone does?"

"Come on Glimmer, don't you think you're over reacting just a little bit?" Ben asked.

"Look, I get it change can be tough I'll admit when Kevin and Gwen left for college I thought I could handle things myself." Ben admitted. "But when I met Rook I realised I couldn't do things alone, and yeah I sometimes deny it but I decided I work better in a team so I adapted to that change."

"And all it took was you getting captured by Khyber to see that." Rook smirked.

"Yeah pretty much." Ben said. "The point is, some people may change or look different, but when it comes to friends some things never change."

"Ben's right, that's not gonna happen Glimmer." Adora agreed with a comforting hand. "Trust me, Bow isn't the type to leave his old friends behind and neither am..."

"I hate to interrupt." Rook then said getting the groups attention and pointed down to the entrance. "But it would seem we may have what are known as party crashers."

The group looked down and couldn't believe who they saw. Entering the ballroom was none other than Scorpia and Catra. Ben and Adora couldn't believe it. What were two Horde soldiers doing here of all places?

"Okay, the bouncers around here must be blind or just plain dumb if they can't tell princesses from Horde creeps." Ben said then moved for the Omnitrix. "But that'll change when Humungosaur shows them the door."

"No Ben!" Rook said grabbing the watch before Ben can use it. "You cannot use your powers here, it would be a violation of the balls rules." He reminded.

"Oh, forgot about that." Ben growled, normally he'd be one to break the rules but this time he knew this wasn't the place for it.

Adora just glared at the two Horde soldiers if they couldn't use their powers to deal with them. They'd have to find a more discrete way.

...

Catra and Scorpia bowed before the revered hostess and almost on cue Ben, Adora, Rook and Glimmer appeared running towards them.

"Revered hostess, you can't let them in. They're from the Horde." Adora protested.

"Revered hostess, Princess Scorpia was invited as per the rules of this ball." Catra said rather innocently. "Rules which I personally have the upmost respect for."

"No you don't?!" Adora exclaimed.

"Wait, what? she's A PRINCESS!?" Ben exclaimed in surprise looking at Scorpia.

"Yeah, I reacted that way too." Catra whispered to him with a smirk.

"Princess Adora, Mr Tennyson!" Frosta said getting their attention "The rules state that all princesses and their chosen guests are welcome."

"Oh I'm sorry, I guess I missed the part that included goons from the Horde were on the guest list!" Ben pointed out sarcastically.

"Ben is correct revered hostess, they are members of the Horde, the very force threatening Etheria and the other princesses!" Rook added.

"But they're up to something, I can feel it!" Adora argued.

"You let them stay it'll put everyone at risk!" Ben said. "There is such a thing as letting down your guard!"

"That's enough!" Frosta then spoke. "You look at me and see a child, but I have worked to hard to gain respect all to throw it away just because you feel they are up to something. For centuries the All-Princess Ball has been neutral ground. I will not dishonor that legacy. Scorpia is a princess. Princesses get plus ones. They stay." She said very directly.

Before the group knew it the guards had tossed them off the pedestal and to the ground below.

"Teenagers." Frosta groaned.

"Kids." Ben groaned as he got back up. "Wow I can't believe I just said that."

Just then Catra and Scorpia walked up to them rather smug like as they saw the group on the floor.

"Really Adora, I'm shocked." Catra said with a sigh. "We're not breaking any rules, didn't you read the invite?"

"Oh please, don't kid yourself Kitty cat, and you know I never took you as the party crashing type." Ben said as he got up from the ground.

Catra just eyed Ben and noticed a certain watch that lay on his wrist and she just smirked. "Really didn't think you were the rule breaking type Benny, I'm surprised you didn't leave that watch at the door."

"Okay quit it!" Adora said getting their attention. "I know you're plotting something. From now until the second the ball ends, we'll be watching." Adora informed. "Wherever the two of you go, we go."

"Yeah, we got our eyes on you." Ben said making a hand gesture that said I'm watching you!

"And if we are, what then? You'll turn into that tiger alien and get thrown out?" Catra teased. "Cause if I recall it's mutual ground, no weapons or aliens remember?" Ben just growled as he was severely tempted to turn into said alien and kick her butt into next week but he knew he couldn't.

"Like I need an alien to watch you two." Ben smirked back. Catra looked up to Scorpia who only smiled at that prospect.

"Suit yourselves." She said. "Have fun with following us." Catra called as she and Scorpia walked in different directions.

Ben just growled in annoyance. "She's so lucky I can't go Rath or Humungosaur on her ass!"

"Grrr! Glimmer, you and Rook take Scorpia, Ben and I will take Catra." Adora growled.

"Rook, tell Bow what's going on, we need an extra pair of eyes." Ben instructed as he and Adora followed Catra. Rook nodded as he and Glimmer teleported after Scorpia.

...

Adora and Ben moved through some of the guests at the ball. They eventually spotted Catra having a treat from one of the waiters, she ate the treat then went over to a nearby ice trash can and dropped something into it. Whilst Ben and Adora watched from the cover of the guests. Adora rushed forwards to the bin.

"Uh...excuse us, sorry!" Ben apologised as he moved through the guests.

Adora looks through the trash can and eventually finds something, not a bomb but a note. She opened it to find a cartoon of Catra saying 'Hi Adora'

Adora just breathed in relief it wasn't a bomb, but Ben drew her attention to the crowds looking at her in confusion.

"Uh oh, here it is, stupid contacts must've dropped it in the trash heh." Ben covered up sheepishly.

With that the guests continued with their evening, Ben just breathed a sigh as did Adora. Suddenly their attention was directed to the upper balcony, they saw Catra who walked towards Entrapta who was watching like a hawk from her vantage point. Ben and Adora nodded as they made their way to the balcony.

...

Meanwhile at the snack table Glimmer was having a drink whilst keeping an eye on Scorpia. Said so called princess was chowing down on the snacks on the table. Rook was keeping watch from the crowds. Glimmer saw Bow walking by and saw that Perfuma wasn't with him. Just then Rook walked up to Bow and whispered to him about what was going on. Glimmer looked to Scorpia who was still eating the food.

"Mm. Mm." Scorpia munched on the food. "Wow, that is good. Oh what is...? I don't even know what's in this."

Glimmer decided to go talk to Bow but kept her eyes on Scorpia as she left.

"What? Sir? Garcon? What's in this?" Scorpia asked the waiter.

"Thanks Rook, I'll keep my eyes open." Bow said to the Plumber who then nodded and went to keep an eye on Scorpia.

"Bow! Wait up!" Glimmer called, Bow turned to see his friend run up to him.

"Glimmer hi." Bow greeted. Glimmer wasn't sure how to say what needed to be said but she decided to try anyway, despite the advice given by Ben and her friends.

"There's something I need to tell you." Glimmer said. "I know things between us have been weird all night. I just wanted to say.."

Bow just smiled as he knew what she was trying to say. "It's alright.."

"I accept your..."

"I forgive you."

The two looked at each other in surprise, and misunderstanding. "You forgive me?" Bow said rather hurt. "Glimmer, I'm allowed to hang out with other people."

"B-b-but that's how it starts." Glimmer stuttered taking Bows hand. "Suddenly everyone has new friends and no one needs me anymore. And then, I'm all alone."

"What are you talking about?" Bow questioned. "You have me, plus Adora, Ben, Rook and everyone who joined the Rebellion."

Glimmer still remained unconvinced. "That's what I'm talking about." She continued. "It used to be just us. And now, everything's changing, I don't want you to leave me behind."

"No one is leaving you behind." Bow said a little loudly. "I wanted to hang out with you, Adora, Ben, Rook and Perfuma tonight. But you're the one who keeps acting weird and leaving." Glimmer looked down a little saddened. "I know change is scary, Glimmer. But that doesn't mean you get to take it out on me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I am going to go get my cummerbund because it is freezing in here! We'll talk later, okay?"

Glimmer watched Bow leave and a lone tear ran down her face, she was upset.

"Glimmer are you alright?" Rook asked as he came over concerned.

"No Rook I..." Just as she looked at him she saw that Scorpia was nowhere to be seen. Both of them looked in surprise.

"I will look through the crowds, you search the other snack tables." Rook instructed to which Glimmer nodded.

...

Meanwhile Adora and Ben had made their way up to the balcony. They looked around but couldn't see any sign of Catra. Just then however.

"Adora." Ben pointed and saw Catra sneaking up behind Entrapta who was too busy looking at the crowds of people below. She was taking a recording of her findings.

"Princess Prom, hour two... 37 minutes..." Catra was getting ready to push Entrapta off the balcony.

"DON'T TOUCH HER!" Adora exclaimed Entrapta was about to fall off the balcony until, Catra of all people grabbed her overalls before she fell.

"You're right. This is a much better vantage point for my observations." Entrapta thanked.

"Hi Adora, hi Ben." Entrapta greeted as she jumped down from the railing. "Have you met my new assistant? She brought snacks."

"Oh we've met." Ben glared.

"She stole my food then asked me to spy on people with her." Catra explained as she put her arm around the tech princess. "Is this what love feels like?"

Adora just glared whilst Ben pulled Entrapta to the side so they could talk privately.

"Entrapta, a word please." Ben said as said princess waved back to Catra. The three were now alone and Adora spoke to her.

"Entrapta, she's from the Horde." She said but Entrapta just looked in confusion.

"You know the bad guys, the people the Rebellion are fighting." Ben then said.

However Entrapta still didn't understand "The Rebellion you're a part of!" Adora then said.

"Oh...." Entrapta finally understood. "Well, we should keep a better eye on her 'cause she just walked away."

"What?" Ben and Adora looked and saw that Catra had indeed walked away from the balcony.

Adora growled in annoyance, and Ben just glared, he was getting a little tired of this game of cat and mouse. He knew he could use Nanomech to spy on her without being spotted, but he also knew he'd be in more trouble than he and Adora already were. However like his Grandfather once told him, on a fishing trip patience is its own reward she'd slip up eventually.

...

Meanwhile:

Bow was outside the ballroom shivering from the cold, as he went to go get his cummerbund from the front desk. However he then caught sight of Scorpia, it looked like she was planting a bomb like crystal in one of the pillars. She left, and Bow took a closer look he saw it was steaming hot. In horror he knew instantly what it was.

"Is that a..." He gasped in horror. "Oh no!"

He ran to the guards at the gate as the other pillars had similar looking bomb crystals.

"Princess Scorpia is planting heat bombs! We have to stop her!" He informed the guards.

The guards just looked at each other and then footsteps approached them. Bow turned and saw that Scorpia had both The Sword of Protection and Rooks Proto-tool in hand. She gave a smirk then out of nowhere the guards grabbed Bow and restrained him.

"What are you doing? Let me go!" Bow struggled as he tried to break free. But it was too late as Scorpia used her stinger tail to strike him.

...

The Ballroom:

Meanwhile in the ballroom Rook was busy looking around trying to find Scorpia. However there was no sign of her. He was getting worried. As he backed up he bumped into someone.

"Oh my apologies, I did not..." Rook looked to see it was Perfuma he'd just bumped into.

"Hey Rook." Perfuma greeted.

"Oh, hello Perfuma." Rook greeted with a small blush.

"Have you seen Bow anywhere?" Perfuma asked.

"No, last I heard he went to find his cummerbund." Rook answered.

"Oh I see, so are, uh are you enjoying the ball?" Perfuma then asked moving her hair back.

"Well, under the circumstances, yes." Rook answered. "In a way, it does remind me a little of the celebrations we have on my home Revonnah."

"What is your home like?" Perfuma asked.

"We are a farming commune, during the harvest season we harvest our native fruit Amber Ogia and would later celebrate our harvest." Rook described but started to feel a little saddened. "It's times like this I would accompany Rayona to the festival."

"She sounds like someone special." Perfuma said and she could see that Rook missed his home having heard his and Bens story from Glimmer and Bow.

"But, why are you telling me this?" She asked and Rook took a moment before he looked to her.

"Because in someway, you remind me of her." He said which did result in a warm smile and a little blush from Perfuma.

"Perfuma, you should probably know that..."

Before Rook could finish that sentence the lights suddenly went dark and the light shone on Frosta. This had gotten Ben and Adoras attention as they were looking for Catra.

"It is my duty as hostess to now announce, it is time for the first dance of the Ball." Frosta announced.

The crowd cheered as they hurried to the dance floor pushing Ben and Adora into the crowd and the lights shone down on the ballroom. Before Rook could respond Perfuma offers her hand to him.

"Seeing as how Bow isn't here, Rook would you like to share this first dance?" She offered.

Rook was more than surprised by this revelation. He looked and saw that Ben was already partnered with Glimmer and Adora with Catra despite her glaring. So who was he to deny this.

"I would be honoured." Rook answered as he took the flower princess's hand and they started to share a dance.

They danced in a circle as did everyone and Rook couldn't help but admire the flower princess's beauty in the light and Perfuma just looked dreamily into the young plumbers eyes.

"I don't know about you, but I am having a blast." Catra smirked as she shared a dance with Adora.

"Whatever you're planning, it won't work." Adora defied as they danced.

"You sure?" Catra smirked. With a twirl everyone switched partners Catra was now dancing with Ben who just glared and Adora danced with Glimmer who was sobbing in tears.

"Gotta say Catra, didn't know you were a dancer." Ben smirked.

"And I didn't know you moved so gracefully." Catra smirked back.

"Yeah,well my cousin taught me some cotillion, a while back." Ben explains which left a confused look on the feline Force Captains face.

"Cotillion, it means.. gah it means dancing." Ben explained.

"Oh." Catra said.

"By the way, I see our last fight at the Sea Gate gave you an attitude adjustment." Ben said as he twirled Catra round.

"Well now you say that, I have been thinking about you lately." Catra said teasingly.

"Well, not sure if I should be flattered or surprised." Ben said back."Didn't think I was your type?"

"Not you specifically, but rather that little toy on your wrist." She said tapping the Omnitrix as they held hands. "I was just thinking how it would look so much better on my wrist than yours."

"Yeah, well good luck getting it." Ben said with a glare. "Creeps like you have spent years trying to get their hands on this and fail every time. You might say the watch and I are kind of attached."

Catra just smirked at that remark. "Well there's a first time for everything."

They then switched partners Ben was now dancing with Adora who had just been dancing with Perfuma whilst Glimmer dances with Rook.

"Ben, we've got a problem." Adora said as they danced. "Bow's missing, Glimmer saw him leave to get his cummerbund but hasn't come back since, Perfuma hasn't seen him either."

"What?" Ben said in surprised as they twirled hands. "Well, apparently Catra's planning to try and take the Omnitrix from me for herself."

"That figures, but why...I get it, 'cause of all the aliens you change into, but what about Bow? Something's not right." Adora guessed.

"Meaning that maybe there's more going on than meets the eye." Ben guessed also they then traded dance partners.

Ben was now back with Glimmer and Adora was now with Catra again who just landed in her arms.

"Maybe my plan won't work." Catra said as they danced the suddenly brought Adora into a dip. "But then again, maybe it already has."

Adora wondered what she was getting at, then suddenly she was pulled out of the dip and swayed to the side.

"Say, where's your friend, Bow?" Catra smirked and Adoras eyes widened then she went into a rage charges into Catra and smashes her into an ice decoration.

This caused a stir among the guests and Ben could see that there was trouble brewing from this. Frosta seemed displeased by this disruption.

"What did you do to him!?" Adora demanded whilst Catra just laughed.

"Nothing permanent!" Catra snickered.

Adora just growled as she picked Catra up by her jacket collar much to the guests surprise.

"Tell me what you did!" Adora demanded again suddenly a small wall of ice separated them and then sealed Adora inside.

Ben was completely taken by surprise and looked to the one who obviously separated them. It was Frosta who looked more than displeased.

"Revered hostess, she's got..." Adora tried but Frosta spoke up.

"Princess Ball is a ceremony of unity. Violence is strictly forbidden."

"You don't understand." Adora tried but Frosta looked her in the eye.

"I understand perfectly." Frosta said.

"No you don't!" called a voice and it was Ben who stepped out from the crowd.

"You're so busy keeping up with etiquette and tradition you've been ignoring the fact that you let two Horde soldiers into your castle!" Ben exclaimed. "The worst ones too! You say the Horde can't reach your kingdom, well guess what kid? Today they have and..."

Suddenly Ben found himself stuck in a pyramid of ice caused by Frosta. She then addressed the crowd.

"As hostess, In accordance with the rules set over the centuries, I hereby revoke your invitation." She said. "You and your plus one are to leave my kingdom and never, ever..."

Suddenly a large explosion interrupted Frosta's speech and the guests soon cried and shouted in a panic. The heat charges planted by Scorpia exploded in the pillars and on the snack tables the guests screamed and ran in panic.

"Remain calm! Stop!" Frosta said trying to calm the guests but failed to do so and so she and her guards hurried out of the room.

Ben and Adora looked and saw Glimmer, Rook and Perfuma standing in the room.

"Glimmer! Rook! Catra has Bow! You have to find him now!" Adora warned.

Glimmer nodded and looked to Rook. "Let's go!" Glimmer said as she offered him her hand to teleport.

"I have to go!" Rook said to Perfuma.

"Okay, good luck!" Perfuma said to him, however before Rook turned back to Glimmer...

The flower princess planted a surprise peck on his cheek before she evacuated with everyone else. Rook was rather taken aback but snapped out of it as he took Glimmers hand and teleported away.

Soon Adora and Ben noticed from their restraints a feline tail wagging around and they looked to see Catra.

"Catra. What did you do?!" Adora demanded.

"I did nothing." Catra boasted "Scorpia, Lonnie and Kyle on the other hand were very busy. It was fun distracting you guys though."

Ben suddenly realised the plan. "So that's it, you distract us just so you can cause chaos at a ball!" He exclaimed. "Do your research, that old tricks so old it's dead! But you'd risk all these innocent people just so you can get to us!"

"He's right this isn't a game! People are going to get hurt!" Adora exclaimed from her ice prison.

"It's never been a game to me!" Catra growled as she scratched Adoras ice cage. "I'm after something bigger, and no one is gonna stop me."

"Famous last bad guy words!" Ben said as Catra looked to see Ben activate the Omnitrix and transform into Diamondhead and broke free from his ice cell.

"You want the Omnitrix so badly Catra?" Diamondhead glared. "Well here it is!"

He slammed his fist into the ground and generated crystal spikes that emerged in a straight line and catapulted Catra away and freed Adora from her ice prison. Catra quickly fled the scene and Diamondhead hurried and helped Adora out of the rubble.

"Go find Glimmer and Rook! Catra's mine!" Adora said to which the Petrosapien nodded as they ran in opposite directions.

In the escaping crowds and collapsing debris Frosta and her guards hurried to a chamber door. The child princess tripped on a piece of debris.

"Princess!" Cried a guard. Frosta looked up and saw a piece of debris about to crush her. Before she could act to use her powers...

SMASH!

She looked up and saw Diamondhead had used his arm as a blade to shatter the debris like glass. He reformed it back to his hand as he kneeled down to the princess and helped her up.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Y...yes." Frosta stuttered in surprise the guards then hurried and helped Princess Frosta to the chamber doors but before she left.

"Princess." She turned and looked to Diamondhead. "Looks like your kingdom isn't as safe from the Horde as you thought." He said simply as he ran off to find Glimmer and just looked down as she realised that maybe the crystal being was right.

Outside the Palace, Glimmer and Rook teleported on to the scene and looked around for any sign of their missing friend.

"Bow? Bow! Where are you?" the Bright Moon Princess called.

Suddenly Rook noticed something. "Glimmer!" He exclaimed getting her attention.

They looked and saw two guards were really Lonnie and Kyle in disguise who were dragging said archer to a scorpion shaped craft.

"Get away from him!" Glimmer exclaimed as she teleported and kicked Lonnie away then blasted Kyle with her energy blast.

Glimmer went to check on Bow. But just as Lonnie was about to attack Rook leaped in and performed a spin kick knocking her to the ground.

The princess turned Bow over to find him unconscious. Glimmer was worried but suddenly she felt a sting in her shoulder. She collapsed and fell to the ground revealing a stinger that belonged to Scorpia.

Rook looked and saw Glimmer was in trouble. "Glimmer!" He exclaimed and growled when he saw reached for his weapon only to realise he didn't have it.

"Oh, looking for this?" Scorpia said and in her pincer was the Revonnaganders weapon.

"My Proto Tool!" Rook exclaimed but before he could attack he felt a jolt of electricity surge through him and he collapsed to the ground. Lonnie stood with a shock stick in hand, revealing she was the one who shocked Rook.

...

Meanwhile:

Deep within the ice castle caverns Frosta and her guards hurried deeper underground. They felt the shockwaves of the collapsing castle. Frosta acted quickly and ran to find her runestone a large snowflake looking crystal with spikes dubbed the Fractal Flake.

The princess yelled as she focused all her energy into it. The castle began to crumble but suddenly the fragments began to glow and float into the air and back into the places they fell from a relief to the guests and princesses who were still inside.

...

Back in the castle, Adora was still chasing Catra. However soon the feline Horde soldier arrived at a dead end in a corridor and turned to face Adora.

"Ha! Trapped!" Adora smirked knowing her former friend was now trapped.

However Catra just kept smirking, and suddenly some fallen debris began floating back into place she saw an opening.

"You wish!" Catra smirked as she jumped onto a wall then onto the debris with her skilled agility.

Adora scowled but she looked out of a hole in the wall and leaped onto the floating debris outside to catch up.

...

Meanwhile:

Back at the entrance Scorpia and her comrades were still securing their hostages.

"Okay, let's go." Lonnie said but suddenly a sharp diamond crystal pierced the hull of the ship. But before they could leave, Scorpia turned and saw Diamondhead was standing there.

"You guys aren't going anywhere!" He said, just then he noticed his partner and friends were restrained in the craft he scowled in anger.

"Let go of my friends!" He shouted and charged towards them.

Scorpia just charged back at him and tackled the Petrosapien to the ground and landed on the opposite side of him. Diamondhead got back up and faced the scorpion Force Captain.

"So this is what Shadow Weavers resorting to!" He said. "Kidnapping Adora's friends just to get her to come back to her, I never thought she could stoop any lower!"

"Oh no, this isn't Shadow Weavers plan, this is all Catra's idea." Scorpia explained. "So was taking that watch of yours but I don't see how that's possible 'cause, well it's on your waist now?"

"You know how many guys have planned that? ALL OF THEM!" Diamondhead said."And you know what Catra will have in common with them? They failed! Now let my friends go!"

"Yeah no" Scorpia said as she charged towards the diamond alien and threw some punches at him with her pincers and stinger.

Diamondhead dodged then blocked an attack from Scorpia then landed a few punches of his own and knocked her across the ground. She got back up and swiped her stinger at him only for him to leap into the air and fire crystal shards at her which Scorpia blocked with her armoured pincers. The two then locked hands/Pincers and tried to gain footing on the other.

"Give it up Scorpia!" Diamondhead exclaimed. "Only one of us is walking away from this!"

Scorpia just smirked at that notion and raised her stinger to show a shock stick in hand. "Gotta say you're right about that." She said.

"Aw man!" Diamondhead grimaced and she shocked him with the stick, sending him catapulting across the floor.

"Gah, why do I always say things like that I always get in trouble!" He groaned suddenly Scorpia pinned him down then struck him with her it didn't knock him out like it did Bow, Glimmer and Rook. So she tried again and again but still he was conscious.

"Huh, that usually works?" Scorpia said confused.

"Uh hello! Diamond hard skin!" Diamondhead pointed out and she soon got it. Her eyes shifted to the symbol on his waist.

"Oh, well I'll just settle taking the watch for Catra." Scorpia grabbed the dial with her pincers and tried to pull it off him, but it didn't move and suddenly it began surging with energy.

"Yeah, you shouldn't have done that!" Diamondhead smirked and it suddenly exploded knocking both of them back. Diamondhead was sent crashing into a wall where he was buried under the rubble.

Scorpia was still recovering from the static shock she got from the Omnitrix and her hair was all spiked.

"Whoa, that was a jolt!" She groaned.

"Come on, let's get out of here!" Lonnie called and Scorpia boarded the craft which took to the sky.

In the rubble, Diamondhead lies unconscious as the Omnitrix on his belt then suddenly blinked yellow several times before reverting to its normal green colour.

"New DNA sample acquired."

...

Meanwhile:

Adora was riding a piece of the rubble from the castle continuing her pursuit of Catra and landed on the roof of the castle. She leaped at her trying to tackle her to the ground. But Catra merely stepped aside and dodged her attacks.

Adora leaped at the feline and grabbed her by the shoulders only for Catra to swing her over the edge then crashing to the ground. Adora got back up and attacked her opponent again but Catra septs dodging her attacks laughing as she did so. She flipped over Adora then kicked her in the back. She landed behind her close to the edge as the castle kept rebuilding itself.

Adora threw another punch towards Catra who avoided it and moved to striker her. However Adora dodged it at that moment and Catra was about to fall off the high tower. In that moment Adora grabbed her by the waist then grabbed her by the shirt staring at her with her angered eyes.

When the two made eye contact their expressions softened. All of a sudden some rubble crashed together creating a loud shockwave which caused the two girls to fall off the tower. Catra screamed, acting quickly Adora pulled her hair pin out of her hair then rammed it into the ice wall screeching as it halted her descent, she moved to grab Catras hand and the two were now dangling from the cliff like fish on a hook.

She held a tight grip on the hair pin and grunted as she did. "Hang on! I can get us out of this!" She grunted.

However Catra just smirked as she looked up. "Oh, Adora." She said "I don't want you to."

She slipped out of Adora's grip and fell into the clouded abyss below supossidly to her doom!

"CATRA!" Adora gasped in horror, why would she just descend to her doom. However the answer came seconds later.

Emerging from the clouds was the scorpion shaped Horde ship and aboard it were the smirking Lonnie, Kyle, Scorpia and Catra. Adora gasped as she saw they had Glimmer, Bow and Rook unconscious and in restraints but the greatest horror was they also had the Sword of Protection and the Proto Tool.

Catra held her captives close as she laughed triumphantly. "See you later, princess!"

The ship with their captives on board then flew away from the kingdom, leaving Adora completely alone and distraught. Suddenly she felt the pins grip beginning to lose its holding and finally it broke loose and she descended to her doom. However suddenly swooping in was Diamondhead surfing in on a ramp made of crystals, and he quickly caught Adora in his arms and then landed back on the top of the cliff, just as the Omnitrix timed out and reverted Diamondhead back to Ben.

"Adora you alright, what happened?!" Ben asked and Adora looked at him with tears in her eyes.

"They... they took them!" She sobbed. "Catra took Bow, Glimmer and Rook!" Ben looked in shock at this notion. "That's not all, they took the sword!"

Ben looked to the sky and saw said craft floating away and just growled in anger realising they'd been tricked.

"Definitely worse than my High School prom." Ben said as he comforted the sobbing Adora who just hugged him. Leaving them to figure out what to do next.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

15.3K 389 7
Y/N Forger, a 15 year old boy, who's a friend of Ben Tennyson. When Maxwell "Max" Tennyson asks him if he wants to go on a summer trip with him, Ben...
11.4K 233 29
Set after Horde Prime's defeat, The Best Friends Squad begins their Cosmic Road Trip, but when Adora begins experiencing strange dreams, the truth be...
471 22 9
Jen 10 has fallen into a wacky world of magic and mayhem but luckily the Fairy Tail guild will be her home for now. Fem Ben fic because why not
2.2K 34 4
Espers, one of the many pinnacles of a evolution, having the power to manipulate the world around you. Three Espers in particular have immense power...