Alia Terra

Oleh DanteMH

On September 19 2008, during an initial testing of the " Large Hadron Collider " at CERN, an accident opened... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1: The Assault

Chapter 2: The Eye

2 0 0
Oleh DanteMH

6 miles above the North Atlantic, a private jet plane was soaring through the sky.

Within the luxurious airplane, in addition to the two pilots engaged in their busy duties. Sitting in the back of the plane on leather passenger seats there was a thin-looking elderly gentleman probably in his 60's wearing a black suit and thick glasses, opposite to him was a professional-looking middle-aged woman gazing out of the window absent-minded.

"Ma'am? you've been quiet, are you ok?" [En] asked the old gentleman, gravelly calm with his thick Brooklyn accent.

"Oh, I have been so, have I? I beg your pardon" replied the English woman gently as she shifted her attention toward the man.

"Are you afraid?"

"Am I afraid?" smiled the woman and replied sarcastically "No, I enjoy being kidnapped by the CIA or whatever you guys are"

"Ah, yes, I am terribly sorry Ma'am and we thank you for your cooperation, this was... uh let's just say this only proves the urgency of the matter we require your assistance with, I hope the boys didn't cause a scene when picking you up? "

"No, not at all, there was no scene, there was only curiosity, curiosity which remains with me to this moment." The woman paused for a moment before asking "Mister Issac If I may ask, why did they send someone from your organization to pick me up? Because the request I received was from the United Nations, oh and more importantly. What on earth could a professor in comparative philology provide assistance with to your...people?"

"Ma'am, Like I said when we met, I don't like to beat around the bush, I'll be frank with you, I can't tell you anything, I can only ask you politely to accompany me on this trip that's all" stated the man with a stern look on his face." I'm sure all your questions will soon be answered".

"May I at least inquire where we are heading or is that also a taboo?"

"Oh no that's fine, we are heading towards France we'll be there in a few hours, get some sleep if you want"

"France?" The woman questioned the old man once more, but he ignored her as he excused himself to use the restroom. The perplexed woman was not annoyed as she wanted to be, the thrill of some sort of adventure made her heart beat with a little bit of excitement, the only reason that had her contain that excitement was the thought of her husband and daughter back home waiting for her return. I should call them when we land. 'My poor Anna you'll have to eat your father's cooking for a few more days' she thought to herself as she gazed once more from the airplane's window, falling into another daydream.

***

A few hours later the plane landed at Charles de Gaul airport.

As soon as the plane halted its movement and while it was still on the runway, a staircase was attached to it in much hurry with several black cars parking near it.

The two passengers exited the airplane and walked down the stairs to find one well-built young man with a stern look on his face in casual attire waiting for them.

"Monsieur Issac we meet again, and professor Garrod I presume? I am Emile Connes head of public relations, Welcome to France we are honored to have you with us" the man spoke with a welcoming French accent contradicting his rough facial features.

"Please, call me Katherine, but who's us?" Katherine asked cautiously.

Emile ushered with his hand to a nearby car and said while inviting her to the car " If you please madam Katherine we have a long drive ahead of us".

Katherine nodded, understanding that any questions asked would only be met with silence.

"Well now ma'am if you'll pardon me, it was nice meeting you, you too Emil" Said Issac.

"Oh, you are not coming with us?" questioned Katherine.

"No ma'am, this is where my job ends, let's hope to god you never see this wrinkled old face again" Issac spoke with a smile as he climbed back into the airplane haphazardly waving his hand.

As the airplane started its taxi towards the airstrip, Katherine joined Emil in his car, and the convoy of black cars started its motion heading to its destination, Katherine remained calm as she saw the plane taking off, pondering on what kind of mess she got herself in, at the very least she hoped at least she gets paid well for ... whatever it is she'll be doing.

As Katherine's car drove through the busy streets of Paris and the passing images of people, buildings, and the Eiffel tower blurred by Katherine's window, she rested her head on the car window and closed her eyes falling into sleep hoping she will get to use a proper bed soon,

***

"Professor Garrod, Madam Katherine!" spoke Emil as Katherine opened her eyes in response. She was feeling a neck sore from the uncomfortable position she slept in.

"Uh pardon, are we there yet?" spoke Katherine as she was stretching a bit.

"Oui madam, we're right about to enter the office's parking lot" spoke Emil as the convoy drove through the French countryside on a small narrow road hidden between the trees before taking a right turn into a small drive. As the tree cover ended the road opened to reveal the view into a large office complex, the convoy split apart and Katherine's car drove through the complex until it was parked by one of the buildings.

"Welcome to Bureau de la Manchette, if you please exit the vehicle and follow me" spoke Emil.

Katherine got out of the car and followed Emil's lead into the building. She was surprised. She didn't know what to expect going into the building, but she felt comfort in the standard-looking reception hall, Emil continued his march ignoring the receptionist's desk, and headed straight into one of the elevators, Katherine hesitated for a moment but looked around and didn't feel threatened by the surrounding environment, she took a deep breath and followed Emil into the elevator.

As the elevator doors closed, Emil reached into his pocket and took out a key, He then inserted the key into a side panel and turned it, revealing a special mechanism near the key slot, Emil then proceeded to hover his right hand near that mechanism.

"Oh, I see now, I knew something fancy was about to happen" spoke Katherine with a smirk on her face, Emil too replied with a small smile as the mechanism retracted.

A few moments passed and Katherine felt no movement from the elevator "Are we moving?"

"Not yet madam, disinfection and security scans are in progress, we have to be careful and safe".

"oh, wow ok, can you tell me where we are going? I mean I've already gone this far".

"You will know in a few moments madam, but know this" Emil's tone and voice switched to appear very serious "what you are about to learn and know is something only a few humans have seen and know, after today your life will forever change, I am very sorry if you felt forced into this".

"Oh dear, is it this serious? What am I getting int-?" Katherine's question was interrupted by the elevator's movement.

***

A few moments of silence passed before the elevator came to a stop and opened its doors, and to Katherine's surprise, the doors opened to a bustling office floor room filled with all sorts of screens and noises with tens of people moving all around the place.

"Right this way Madam" said Emil as he guided Katherine through the busy floor, up the stairs, and through a corridor to then stop after a few steps in front of a door labeled "Director", Emil then knocked on the door and then a voice from inside replied "Enter!".

"Well madam, this is where I leave you, you can head right in, I wish you Good luck, it has been a pleasure".

"Oh, okay thank you!" muttered Katherine hesitantly as she turned to step into the Director's office.

Walking into the normal-looking office, she saw behind the main desk a business-like veteran-looking old man, probably in his late 50s. The light shining from the large shutter window behind him lit the room in an odd way, making his grey hair shine a bit. He was busy looking at a bunch of papers when he suddenly stood and exclaimed "Professor Garrod!, Please please come in and have a seat, I'm the Director, it must've been a long trip from California. I'm sure you might be very perplexed with all this" spoke the old man with a rough but kind American accent.

"Very much so, yes you could say that" said Katherine while forcing a smile on her face.

"Well madam, I wouldn't want to bore you with pleasantries and small talk. I'll get right to it" stated the Director with a serious tone as he got up from his desk to turn and face the shutter screen behind him. "If you'll be so kind as to join me, professor".

Katherine still feeling jet lagged and sore, complied and stood next to the director as he pressed a button on the wall to draw open the window shutters. Bit by bit the window shutters were pulled revealing to Katherine the view that this office had.

From where she stood the office was like an observation deck to what seemed like a busy factory floor or some scientific experiment. Wires and screens were everywhere with people in hazmat suits handling crates and people in military attire pointing their weapons around what seemed to be a large wide light source in the center of this large room below the Director's office.

"Interesting workshop you have here Director, but what is this light it's.. it doesn't look like a- uh" the more Katherine looked towards the emitted light at the center of the room the more it was hard for her brain to process or comprehend what it was.

"Yeah, your brain might hurt when you see it for the first time, sure as hell mine did" said the Director.

"What is .. "it"?! " Exclaimed Katherine right as she saw some people in full military uniforms carrying some crates heading towards the light... Only to her astonishment she then saw them disappearing one by one into the light. "Oh, dear Lord.. What is this? Where are they? Is this some magic trick?" yelled Katherine to the director next to her.

"Don't worry professor, they are fine, I'm sure you are freaking out, so let me explain" He took a deep breath and said while pointing to the light in the room below. "That right there professor is a genuine gateway to another World, we call it "The Eye" because well, it looks like eyelids that are open I guess "

Katherin's eyes widened in shock. She looked at the Director waiting for him to laugh and say it's a joke, but his stern facial expression said otherwise. With a million thoughts running through her mind. She again moved her gaze in disbelief towards that light below, towards what the Director just named "The Eye".

***

Meanwhile, in the Grand Throne room of the SarKilan Royal palace, King Neprudo was in the midst of an audience with his ministries when all of a sudden, the throne room's gates were pushed open as an elegant-looking young man wearing a golden heraldic armor barged in followed by a couple of panicked guards.

"Y- your majesty he said it was important, we- we" [At] one of the guards sounded to the King.

"It's alright I was about done here myself" The king said as he shifted his attention towards the young man who remained silent. "Everyone, clear the room!" ordered the King, and within moments the whole throne room was empty with the exception to the King and the young golden knight.
" I am uncertain if the walls have ears, but I can't wait..So? ... out with it boy, report to me what happened?".

The knight stepped closer to the throne and nodded before he spoke with his gentle and well-mannered tone "The Aid army is no more Father; their bodies litter the valley in front of the Fort I saw that with my own eyes".

"And what of our special guests? Did you have any contact with them?"

"Not directly. The Messenger said that he contacted them, and relayed that within a couple of weeks a representative from them will arrives at the capital to meet with you Father".

"Good, after almost a year of skirmishes we finally meet these Green clothed folk, I still wonder if they'll prove to be a blessing or a curse. I guess we'll have to wait and see my dear child, won't we?". Muttered the king as he closed his eyes, losing himself in deep thought.

***

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.1M 36.2K 61
WATTYS WINNER When her fiancé ends up in a coma and his secret mistress, Halley, shows up, Mary feels like her world is falling apart. What she does...