Six months to live (ZhanYi)

By daddysjewel

Abandoned in foster care by his mother at the age of 8 years old. Zhan grew accustomed to the place and lived... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34

11

277 35 0
By daddysjewel

"Hurry!" I say frantically.

"Wang, I am going as fast as I can. I realize you're upset, but you need to calm down." lawyer Yang said.

I bounce my leg on the car floor, mentally screaming at cars in front of us to go faster. "Did they say if he was okay?"

"I'm not sure. I know he's alive, but they said it was pretty serious."

"Do you know why it happened in the first place?" I ask lawyer Yang.

"Not yet. You can ask him when you see him. If he's awake."

"If he's awake!? He isn't awake?" I semi-shouted.

"I'm not sure. I didn't say that he wasn't," Lawyer Yang says, trying to not let my behavior stress him out more than he already is.

"Is that it?" I ask as lawyer Yang turns into a hospital parking lot.

"Yes"

I quickly unbuckles and gets out of the car. "Not the time, let's go."

I rush to the hospital entrance, getting extremely frustrated when I push instead of pulling the door open. I and lawyer Yang walk up to the front desk, to ask for Xiao Zhan.

"He's not allowed visitors right now, the doctors are still monitoring him very closely," the lady says apologetically.

"Do you know when he will be allowed visitors?" I ask right away, my heart beating fast.

"I don't hun, I'm sorry. Usually it's anywhere between a couple hours and a day or two."

"Two days??" I said, more to myself than the woman.

"I'm sorry, you can wait here if you'd like or because your name is here on his list, we can give you a call when he's available."

"I will wait here," I said, without any hesitation.

"Are you sure?" lawyer Yang asks, as we move out of the way to the desk in case anyone else comes up.

I nodded. "Yes."

"Okay, call me if you want to be picked up because I'm not staying," lawyer Yang said.

"I will. I'm not sure how long I'll stay. I went to sit down in one of the chairs in the waiting area. It's not very busy tonight but it's also pretty late, although accidents don't really abide by a schedule.

"Thanks, I'll call or text you if I hear anything or need a ride."

"Okay."

I watch as lawyer Yang walks out of the building. I think about my name on Zhan ge's call list. Got me thinking about his mom and sister. Maybe I should as him for the address, I might be lucky.

It's sorta sad though that his family doesn't even know he is hurt.

I still don't know why he got into a fight. As soon as lawyer Yang called and told me, I started freaking out. I was so shocked that Zhan ge would even do that in the first place. the last fight he'd been in was two
years ago.

Although, it might not have been Zhan ge's fault. It could've been started by someone else and he was simply defending himself. For him to end up in the hospital though, the other guy must've been pretty upset with him.

An hour goes by and my head starts to hurt. The mixture of the smell of whatever cleaner they use and the fluorescent lighting is making me feel a little nauseas. I try to stay off my phone because I don't have a charger and also it'll make my neck hurt worse than it already does. The chairs are extremely uncomfortable.

Time seems to drag on for ages. I wait as more patients come in and as others leave. I flip through almost all of the magazines and watch the news that's on the tv, I watch anything that will take my mind off of how Zhan ge is doing.

Lawyer Yang has texted me a few times, asking if everything is okay and if I want to be picked up yet. I have a feeling that I won't be able to leave until I see Zhan ge.

After the longest seven hours of my life, I finally watch as the door is opened and my name is called. I jump up to my feet and walked over to the nurse that's in the doorway.

"You can come to see Zhan now if you'd like," she says.

"Yes, that'd be great, thanks."

I follow the woman down a few halls, passing the many rooms of the hospital until we finally stop in front of his room.

"He's awake but he's on some pain killers so he might be a little drowsy."

I nod and thank the nurse before walking into the room. The lights are dimmed and once I close the door, it's a little darker, but still, bright enough for everything to be easily visible.

"Wang?" Zhan ge says, his voice making sound like his throat is a little dry.

"Yeah, how are you?" I ask, walking over to the side of the bed and pulling up a chair.

"Uh, could be better," He answers.

"You look terrible." I said.

"Thanks," he replied sarcastically.

His eyes are red, one a bit more purple than the other. His cheeks are bruised and it's clear there are spots where he was bleeding. It's not a pretty sight and I very much do not like seeing him like this.

"Sorry. Hey, do want water or something? You sound thirsty."

Zhan ge nods. "Yeah actually. I think there's like paper ones on the counter.

"Okay, I'll be right back," I get up and walks in the direction of the counter, but instead of stopping I walk to the door and opens it, disappearing into the hall.

I make my way to the vending machine that's around the corner and got Zhan ge water and some cookies, then I walk back to the room.

"Where did you go?" He asks.

"To get you this," I go over and hand a bottle of water to Zhan ge and sets the package of mini cookies down on the little table next to the bed.

"You didn't have to do that." He says, but opens the water and takes a few sips nonetheless.

"I know. I got cookies too, you can eat them later if you want. Or now."

Later, not really in the mood to eat right now.

"So what happened?" I ask after Zhan ge set his water to the side and sits up a little.

"I got in a fight."

"Yes, clearly. Why?"

"An inmate was being a bitch."

"You started it?"

"No, but I won," He says with a bit of smugness behind his words. "Is he okay, do you know?"

I give Zhan ge a bit of a 'wait wait wait' look.

"What?"

"I uh, well if I look and feel like this, I can't imagine the shape he's in," Zhan ge says, drinking more of his water.

"No, I don't know. I didn't know anything except that there was a fight and you got hurt pretty bad."

"Oh."

"What started the fight?" I ask, still processing everything as images of him getting hit and also hitting an inmate's race through my mind.

"He was talking shit. I told him to shut his mouth, he didn't like it," He says.

"Why would you care though? You don't let that stuff bother you usually."

"I just really didn't like what he was saying, more than usual I guess," He says, obviously not wanting to tell me the entire truth.

"Okay but what was he saying?"

"Just stupid shit."

"Zhan ge."

He sighs. "Fine. It was about you, he was saying bad things about you."

I raise my eyebrows, genuinely not expecting that answer. "Me? What about me?"

"He's jealous. I think the guys assume he's joking when he makes sexual jokes about you, as another guy, but he's dead serious, the guy is a rapist and a pedophile That's what makes me the maddest. That he really would do those things to you if he could," Zhan ge explains, gripping his water bottle a little too tight.

Zhan ge got in a fight over me? You are so stupid," I say jokingly.

He chuckles lightly, clearly not able to full-on laugh without hurting himself.

"Yeah, well.."

I look up at him. I hate that I find that so hot.

Zhan ge smirks. "Maybe I'll get in fights more often then."

"Absolutely not," I say." How much room do you have up there?" I ask, referring to the hospital bed he is laying in.

"Enough for you," He says, scooting over so that I can lay next to him.

I climb up into the bed and slide next to Zhan ge. He takes his blanket and covers us both up.

"They cuffed your legs to the bed?" I asked sounding surprise.

"Yes and there's an officer outside of the room. They weren't supposed to let you in but I pleaded with Mr. Lee, he was here earlier.

"Oh" was all I said.

"How long have you been here?" Zhan ge asks, wrapping his arm around me as I rest my head on his chest.

"Around seven hours I think."

"Wang," Zhan ge says dramatically. "Why didn't you go home and wait.

"I don't know." I shrugged.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.9K 2.6K 23
"If you can have it back then will you take it?" Yibo asked as he saw the man beside him sitting on the ground with the angel in his arms as he hugge...
100K 7.2K 43
Wang Yibo is a gifted university student although he studies in the midst of a poor background.He lives in a small village in a countryside with his...
62.9K 3.2K 13
Wang Yibo and Xiao Zhan are have been in a relationship for five years. One day, Xiao Zhan propose to Yibo, but Yibo rejected him and run away. After...
56.8K 3.2K 21
*Present Time FF* "I'm freeing you Lan Wangji. I was just playing with you. I was just killing my time. Now I'm done so I'm breaking up with you...