SuperPotter 3

By SuperPotter7

Dean now only has a year to live, Hermione does everything she can to make sure he doesn't go to hell. But si... More

Chapter 1 The Magnificent Seven
Chapter 2 The Kids Are Alright
Chapter 3 Bad Day At Black Rock
Chapter 4 Sin City
Chapter 5 Bedtime Stories
Chapter 6 Red Sky At Morning
Chapter 7 Fresh Blood
Chapter 8 A Very Supernatural Christmas
Chapter 9 Malleus Maleficarum
Chapter 11 Mystery Spot
Chapter 12 Jus In Bello
Chapter 13 Ghostfacers
Chapter 14 Chapter 14 Long-Distance Call
Chapter 15 Time Is On My Side
Chapter 16 No Rest For The Wicked

Chapter 10 Dream A Little Dream Of Me

242 11 1
By SuperPotter7

Sam is sitting in a bar nursing a drink. He's tilting his glass back and forth slowly, almost spilling out the contents. He's looking sad and all the hope in him is gone. He appears to be a bit drunk. The door opens behind him and Dean with Hermione walk in. When they notice Sam they walk over.

'There you are. What are you doing?' Dean asks.

Sam turns to them and shrugs. 'Having a drink,'

'It's two in the afternoon. You're drinking whiskey?'

'I drink whiskey all the time,'

'No, you don't,'

'What's the big deal? You get sloppy in bars, you hit on chicks all the time. Why can't I?'

Dean looks around and notices that there aren't many people in the bar, just one woman by the bar, who's quite a bit older than Sam. 'It's kind of slim pickings around here,' He turns back to Sam. 'What's going on with you?'

Sam shakes his head, and doesn't say anything for a few moments. He looks completely lost. 'I tried, Dean,'

Dean looks at Hermione confused. 'To do what?'

'To save you,'

Dean looks at Hermione and they pull up a stool to sit down next to Sam. 'Can we gat a whiskey? Two double, neat,' Dean says to the bartender.

'I'm serious, Dean,'

'No, you're drunk,'

'I mean, where you're going...what you're gonna become,' He looks close to tears and shakes his head. 'I can't stop it. I'm starting to think maybe even Ruby can't stop it. But really, the thing is, no one can save you,'

'What I've been telling you,'

'No, that's not what I mean. I mean, no one can save you, because you don't wanna be saved. I mean, how can you care so little about yourself,' Dean takes it all in, and scoffs. 'What's wrong with you?'

Dean looks over to meet Sam's eyes, but before they get a chance to say anything else, Dean's cell rings. Hermione puts her hand on Sam's hand and gives it a squeeze. 'Hello? Yes, this is Mr. Snyderson,' He looks surprised. 'What?' He looks over towards Sam and Hermione. 'Where?'

Bobby is lying in bed at the Hospital. Sam, Dean and Hermione are standing next to his bed.

'So, what's the diagnosis?' Sam asks the doctor.

'We've tested everything we can think of. He seems perfectly healthy,'

'Except that he's comatose,' Dean points out.

'Mr. Snyderson, you're his emergency contact. Anything we should know? Any illnesses?'

'No, he—he never gets sick. I mean, he doesn't even catch cold,'

'Doctor, is there anything we can do?' Hermione asks.

'Look, I'm sorry, but we don't know what's causing it...so we don't know how to treat it. He just...went to sleep, and didn't wake up,' Dean and Sam share a look and then they look over at Bobby.

Sam, Dean and Hermione enter the motel room of Bobby.

'So, what was Bobby doing in Pittsburgh?' Sam asks.

'Unless he's taking an extremely lame vacation...' Dean closes the door as they walk into the center of the room.

'I mean, he must have been working a job, right?' They continue to walk around the room.

'Well, you think there'd be some sort of sign of something, you know?' Sam opens a drawer, but it's empty. Dean does the same, and that too is empty. The room looks completely clean. 'Research, news clippings...' Hermione turns to the closet. 'Or a frigging pizza box or a beer can,' Dean walks away from the dresser he was looking in, as Hermione walks over to the closet. In there are some of Bobby's clothes. She turns on the light, Dean and Sam turn around to her.

'How about this?' She asks. She moves the clothes out of the way and on the wall behin her hangs all of the new clippings, maps and pictures they were looking for. There are pictures of roots, mushrooms, seeds and a map where Bobby had written Pittsburgh in big letters and underlined it. There were post-its with addresses and numbers. There's a piece of paper about a plant.

Dean chuckles. 'Good old Bobby, always covering up his tracks,'

'You make heads or tails of any of this?' Sam asks.

Dean takes one of the papers about a plant and reads the title of it. 'Silene capensis, which of course means absolutely nothing to me,'

'Here. Obit,' Sam points. He takes a newspaper clipping and reads from it as he skims it. 'Dr. Walter Gregg, 64, university neurologist,'

'How did he bite it?'

'Um...actually, they don't know. They say he just went to sleep and didn't wake up,'

Dean takes the clipping from him, reading it himself before handing it to Hermione. 'That sound familiar to you?'

'All right, um...So let's say Bobby was looking into the doc's death. You know, hunting after something—'

Dean looks up at him. '—that started hunting him,'

'Yeah,'

'All right, stay here. See if you can make heads or tails of this,' He points to the closet.

'What are you gonna do?' Hermione asks.

'I'm gonna look into the good doctor myself. Wanna join?' Dean responds raising his eyebrows. Hermione looks over towards Sam who was already looking at the closet. She looks back at Dean who was waiting for her at the door.

'Go with him,' Sam suddenly whispers in her ear. 'You know keep an eye on him,' Hermione thought that maybe she should've stayed with Sam and keep an eye on him, but she knew Sam worked better in his own world like she did when researching something.

'All right I'll come with you,' She walks over towards Dean.

Books and boxes are cluttered over the office of Dr. Gregg, ready to be packed up and removed. Dean, Hermione and Dr. Gregg's assistant walk into the office.

'So you're Dr. Gregg's lab assistant?' Dean asks.

'That's right,' Sanders, Dr. Gregg's assistant, responds.

'His death must have come as a shock to you,' Hermione points out.

'Yeah, it did,' Dean looks around the office, while Sanders stands behind him. 'But, still, go in your sleep, peacefull...That's what you wish for, right?'

'Yeah. Right,' Dean responds. He looks at a book on the doctor's desk. 'Dr. Gregg uh...studied sleeping disorders? Dreams?'

'I don't understand. I went over all of this with the other detective,' Dean puts down the book and looks at her, curious.

'You already spoke to another detective?' Hermione asks.

'Yes. A very nice older man with a beard,'

'Well, we love to hear it again if you don't mind,' Dean responds.

'Thing is, I'm sort of busy. Maybe we could do this later?'

'Sure. Yeah. We will bring you down to the station later this afternoon,' Hermione responds. The assistants face falls. 'And get your statement on tape,'

'Do it all official-like,' Dean adds.

'Look, okay, I didn't know about Dr. Gregg's experiments. Not until I was cleaning out his files,' Sanders answers.

'His experiments, uh? The ones he was conducting on...sleeping?' Dean asks confused.

'No one knew, okay? Not the university, not anybody. I already spoke with a lawyer and he told me I can't be held liable for anything,'

'Maybe you couldn't, but that was before the new evidence came to light,'

'New evidence?'

'Mm-hm,'

'What new evidence?' Hermione gives Dean a look asking the same question.

'I'm not at liberty to say,'

Sanders sighs. 'Look, I'm just a grad student. This was a gig to cover tuition,'

'Maybe so. But, uh, still, this—this...this could go on your permanent record. Unless you hand over the doctor's research to us. All of it,'

Dean knocks on the door of Jeremy Frost. He and Hermione hold up their badge when the door opens. Jeremy moves away from the door so Dean and Hermione can come in.

'Look, I don't know what the RA said, but, ah, I was growing ferns,' Jeremy explains to them.

Dean chuckles. 'Take it easy, Phish, that's not why I'm here,'

'Really?' Dean turns around to him. He's got a file in his hands. 'Oh, thank God. Okay,'

'We wanna talk to you about Dr. Gregg's sleep study,' Hermione explains.

'Yeah. Dr Gregg just died, right?'

'You where on of his test subjects, right?'

'Yeah,' Jeremy opens his fridge and takes out three beers. He holds them up a bit, motioning as a question. He then holds one out to Dean and Hermione. 'Unless you're on...duty or, whatever?'

'We are on duty,' Hermione responds. Dean looks at her before taking one of the beers.

'One doesn't hurt,' He takes the bottle and Jeremy grabs the bottle opener. He opens his bottle as Dean opens his. They lift their beers to each other. Dean puts his lips on the bottle but changes his mind and doesn't take a sip, he quickly puts the bottle down. 'Now, Dr. Gregg was testing treatments for a, uh, Charcot-Wilbrand syndrome? Which means...?' Dean asks continuing the interview.

'Uh...I,, uh...I can't dream,' Jeremy answers. Dean looks at him questionable. 'I had this bike accident when I was a kid and banged my head pretty good and I haven't had a dream since. Till the study. You know. Sort of,'

'What did the doctor give you?' Hermione asks.

'It's this yellow tea. It...it smelled awful, tasted worse,'

'What did it do?' Dean asks.

'Just passed right out. And uh, I had the most vivid, super-intense dream. Like a bad acid trip, you know?'

'Totally,' Dean responds forgetting he's in character. Hermione gives him a quick warning glance. 'I mean, no,'

'That was it. I dropped out of the study right after that. I didn't...like it. To tell you the truth...it kind of scared me,'

Dean is sitting by Bobby's bed, looking at him, thoughtful. Hermione was leaning against the wall behind him. Sam enters the room. Dean becomes aware of something, and turns around to see him. They share a look before Sam walks further into the room.

'How is he?' Sam asks.

Dean rubs his hand over his chin as he turns back to Bobby. Sam walks to stand by the foot of the bed, having a file in his hand. 'No change. What you got?' Dean gets up and walks over to Sam, to see what he brought with him. Hermione pushes herself off the wall and follows Dean's lead.

'Well, considering what you told me about the doc's experiments,' Sam sighs. 'Bobby's wall is starting to make a hell of a lot more sense,'

'How so?' Sam holds up a picture of a plant from the folder.

'Isn't that Silene capensis?' Hermione asks. Dean gives her a confused look.

'Yes, this plant is also known as African Deam Root. It's been used by shaman and medicine men for centuries,' Sam explains.

'Let me guess. They dose up, burst out the didgeridoos, start kicking around the hackey,' Dean guesses.

'Not quite. If you believe the legends, it's used for dreamwalking. I mean, entering another person's dreams, poking around in their heads,'

'I take it we believe the legends,'

'When don't we? But dreamwalking is just the tip of the iceberg,' He hands Hermione and Dean a paper form the folder that contains info on the root with a drawing of it.

'What do you mean?'

'I mean, this Dream Root is some serious mojo. You take enough of it, with practice, you can become a regular Freddy Krueger. You can control anything. You could turn bad dreams good, you could turn good dreams bad,'

'And killing people in their sleep?'

Sam nods. 'For example,' Dean sighs. 'So let's say uh, let's say this doc was testing this stuff on his patients, Tim Leary-style,'

'Somebody gets pissed at him, decides to give him a little dream visit, he goes nighty-night,'

'But what about Bobby?' Hermione asks as he looks over at him. 'I mean, if the killer came after him, how come he's still alive?'

'I don't know,' Dean responds.

Sam, Dean and Hermione come out of Bobby's room. They walk down the hallway.

'So how do we find our homicidal sandman?' Dean asks.

'Could be anyone,' Sam points out.

'Yeah?'

'Yeah,'

'Anyone who knew the doctor, had access to his dream shrooms,'

'Maybe one of his test subjects or something?'

'Possible. But his research was pretty sketchy. I mean...I don't know how many subjects he had, or who all of them were,' Sam scoffs and Dean looks at him. 'What?'

'In any other case, we'd be calling Bobby and asking him for help right now,'

Dean looks like he just thought of something. He grabs Sam by his arm to stop and he looks up at him. 'You know what? You're right,'

'What?'

'Let's go talk to him,'

'Sure. I think we might find the conversation a bit one-sided,'

'Not if we're tripping on some Dream Root,'

'What?' Hermione asks.

'You heard me,'

'You wanna go dreamwalking inside Bobby's head?' Sam asks. 

'Yeah. Why not? Hermione did it. Maybe we could help,'

'I used my magic. Besides we have no idea what's crawling around in there,' Hermione points out.

'Well how bad could it be?' Dean asks.

'Bad,' Sam responds.

'Dude, it's Bobby,'

'Yeah, you're right,' Sam scoffs. 'One problem though. We're fresh out of African Deam Root, so unless you know someone who can score some...'

'Crap,'

'What?'

'Bela,'

'Bela? Crap,' Sam scoffs. 'You're actually suggesting we ask her a favor?'

'I'm feeling dirty just thinking about it, but yeah,' Dean starts walking again. Sam sighs and looks over at Hermione before following Dean.

Sam is sitting doing research on his laptop when a knock on the door sounds. Sam closes the lid on the computer, sighs and then walks over to the door. He cautiously only opens it a few inches and then when he sees who it is, sighs, and opens it up completely, holding it open. Bela walks in in a trenchcoat.

'Hey, Sam,' Sam closes the door as Bela stops in the room, turns around, then faces him.

'Bela, I didn't think there's a chance in hell you'd show up,' He stands across from her, putting his hands on his hips. She just smiles at him.

'Well, I'm full of surprises. Though, truthfully...' She takes hold of the belt of her trenchcoat, and advances slowly towards Sam. 'You wanna know why I'm here?'

Sam takes a few steps back as Bela comes up in front of him. 'Okay,'

She opens and takes off her coat, revealing the top of a lacy bra. 'Because of you,'

Sam looks to the side, unsure and a bit embarrassed, as the coat falls to the floor, revealing that she's wearing a slip. 'Uh...What are you doing?' He looks down at her and she puts her hand on his cheek, her eyes on his lips.

'I can't stop thinking about you,'

'What?' Sam asks confused. She leans in and kisses him. He responds and puts his hand on her arm. She puts her other hand on his waist. 'Are you sure?' Sam lands on his back on the bed with Bela on top as they continue to kiss. They roll over as Bela moans and Sam ends up on top of her.

'Mmm...Sam. Sam. Sam. Oh!'

'Sam! Wake up,' Dean shouts.

Sam is sitting at the desk, sleeping bent over with his head on his arm. Drool covers his hand and he's got a smile on his face. Behind him Dean is sitting in a chair, looking up at Sam and holding papers he'd been reading through. Hermione was sitting on the bed looking through papers. Sam smiles a little more and then realizes it was just a dream. His smile disappears and he sits up, wiping his face with the back of his hand. The same hand he had drool on, which he discovers. Dean chuckles, watching him. He wipes his face with his other arm.

'Dude, you were out. And making some serious happy noises,' Sam looks very uncomfortable and doesn't look over at Dean. 'Who were you dreaming about?'

'What? No one. Nothing,'

'C'mon, you can tell me. Angelina Jolie?'

'No,'

'Brad Pitt?'

Sam turns aorund, almost looking at him. 'No. No! Dude, it doesn't matter,'

'Whatever,'

'Whatever,' Sam mutters to himself. Hermione scoffs and rolls her eyes at the boys.

'I called Bela,'

Sam gets still at this, a smiles quickly flashes by. 'Bela? Yeah? She—What'd she...you know, say? She...gonna...help us?' Trying to cover his voice when answering.

'Shockingly, no, which puts us back to square one. Hermione and I have been trying to decipher the doctor's notes. Unfortunately, he has worse handwriting than you do,'  Sam is still in his chair, back to Dean, looking around a little. 'You gonna come help us with this stuff?' Dean looks over at him. Sam looks around, then down to his lap. He shifts uncomfortably and looks up, still keeping his back to Dean.

'Yeah, yeah. Just give me a sec,' He moves around a bit in his seat, stretching. The notes Hermione had lying on the bed suddenly became more interesting for her. Suddenly there is a knock on the door. They turn towards the door. Sam stays in his chair as Dean gets up to open the door. Dean opens the door just inches. When he sees who it is, he looks annoyed and opens up the door.

'Bela. As I live and breathe,' Bela enters, wearing a similar trenchcoat to the one in Sam's dream, only this one is black and the other one was tan. Sam reacts to her right away and tries to cover up his situation.

'You called me. Remember?' Bela asks.

'I remember you turning me down,'

'Well, I'm just full of surprises,' Bela turns to Sam, who is still in the chair. He lifts one hand at her, waving awkwardly over his shoulder, staying half turned away from her with his other hand in his lap. He's doesn't look her in the eyes. Hermione gets up from the bed and goes over towards Sam and leans against the desk he was sitting behind. Blocking part of him from Bela's view.

'Hey, Bela. What's going on?' Sam asks. Dean looks from her to Sam to Hermione, as she just continues on.

'I brought you your African Dream Root,' She hands over a jar of it to Dean. 'Nasty stuff, and not easy to come by,' She puts her bag on the TV and starts to open her coat, with her back to Sam. He sits up, alertly breathing in anticipation.

'Why the sudden change of heart?' Dean asks.

'What? I can't do you a little favor every now and again?' Sam tenses up in anticipation as her coat slips off.

'No. You can't,' The coat falls away and reveals her in a regular long-sleeved blue shirt, and not as naked as Sam had been half-anticipating. He lets out a breath silently, visibly relaxing a bit more. Hermione stretches herself to slap Sam on the back of his head. He looks over at Hermione about to say something but gets a silencing glare from her. 'Come on, I wanna know what the strings are before you attach them,'

'You said this was for Bobby Singer, right?' Dean nods. 'Well, I'm doing it for him. Not you,'

'Bobby? Why?'

'He saved my life once. In Flagstaff,' Dean throws a look Sam's way and Sam just shrugs. He looks back at her, still not responding to her statement. 'I screwed up and he saved me, okay? You satisfied?'

'Maybe,'

Bela looks at Dean, who's now looking at the jar, and at Sam and Hermione. 'So when do we go on this little magical mystery tour?'

'Oh, you're not going anywhere. I don't trust you enough to let you in my car, much less Bobby's head. No offense,' Sam looks a bit disappointed. Dean walks over to the closet. He turns on the lights and opens up the safe, where the Colt is, and he puts in the jar of Dream Root with it. Bela, Sam and Hermione watch him.

'None taken,' Sam looks up at her quickly and Dean closes the safe, locking it. He walks into the room again, where Bela is looking a bit annoyed now. 'It's 2 am. Where am I supposed to go?'

'Get a room. Ah they got the Magic Fingers, a little Casa Erotica on pay-per-view. You'll love it,'

'You...' She takes her bag in a huff and walks to the door, retrieving her coat on the way. Sam jumps out of his chair calling after her.

'Nice to see—Seeing you...' Sam starts. Bela slams the door behind her, ignoring him. '...Bela,' Dean who was smiling after her, takes that in and he turns to Sam, a bit confused.

Sam walks over to the beds with three glass cups of liquid containing the Dream Root. Dean and Hermione are sitting on the bed, waiting for him. As Sam comes over, he hands Dean and Hermione one of the cups and then sits down on the other bed.

'Uh, should we dim the lights and synch up Wizard of Oz to Dark Side of the Moon?' Dean asks.

Sam looks over at him, with a smile. 'Why?'
Dean looks at him, disappointed. 'What did you do durning college?' Dean goes to drink the liquid but Sam stops him.

'Wait, wait, wait. Whew. Can't forget this,' Dean puts down the cup and looks over at him as he pulls out a little envelope from his shirt pocket. He pulls something out and as Dean reaches out his hand, he puts it in it. 'Here,'

'What the hell is that?'

'Bobby's hair,'

'We have to drink Bobby's hair?'

'That's how you control whose dream you're entering. You gotta...drink some of their uh...some of their body,'

'Well, guess the hair of the dog is better than other parts of the body,' Dean looks over towards Hermione. 'You're not grossed out by this?'

'Believe it or not Dean this isn't the first time I've drank something with someone's hair in it,' He looks at her confused and mouths ''first time'' towards Sam. They put in the hair and Sam exhales, getting ready to drink what seems to be a very disgusting drink. They all raise their cups a bit. 'Bottoms up,'

'Yeah,'

'Cheers,' They clink their cups together in a toast and then drinks it all up. They both grunt, trying to swallow, which seems to be a little hard. They smack their mouths a bit, due to the awful taste. Hermione looks disgusted and tries to keep the drink inside. She wasn't sure if this was grosser than polyjuice potion. They look at eachother disgusted but nothing seemed to have changed.
'Feel anything?' Dean asks.

'No. You feel anything?' Sam looks over at Hermione as she shakes her head a little.

'No,'

Dean holds up the cup and looks in it. 'Maybe we got some bad shwag,' Suddenly there is thunder outside and rain pattering on the window.

Sam looks over, a little confused. 'Hey, when did it start raining?'

Dean looks over at the window as well. He gets up and walks slowly to the window, drawing open the white curtain liners. The rain wasn't coming from the sky, but from the ground. 'When did it start raining upside down?' He turns around to Sam and Hermione. Suddenly the colors seems to have drained and they were standing inside of a house. Dean turns back to the window but the window is gone and instead there's a fireplace. The entire motel room has turned into a living room. 'Okay, I don't know what's weirder—the fact we're in Bobby's head...or that he's dreaming of Better Homes and Gardens,' Dean is looking at Sam while he just looks around the room a bit more.

'Wait. Wait a sec. Imagine the place, uh, without the paint job,' Sam begins to gesture at everything he's talking about. 'More cluttered, dusty, books all over the place,' They begin to move around the living room.

'It's Bobby's house,'

'Yeah,'

'Bobby?!' Dean calls out.

As Sam walks to the opening of the living room, by the stairs, he feels someone watching him. He turns around, as if someone's hiding to not be seen by him. Sam keeps watching, he finally turns back around and walks slowly to the stairs. He looks up towards the top of the stairs. 'Bobby?' He whispers. Sam looks over towards the door, while Dean and Hermione are still in the living room. 'Dean? Hermione?' They turn towards him. 'I'm gonna go look outside,'

'No, no, no, stay close,' Dean whispers.

'Dude, I'll be fine. Just, look around in here. We got to find him,'

'Don't do anything stupid,' Sam nods and walks to the door.

Dean opens the doors to the kitchen, looking around cautiously. He and Hermione move through the kitchen towards the hallway on the other side.

'Bobby?' They walk out into the hallway, where there's two doors. One across from the kitchen and one on the left. 'Bobby!' Dean turns around as if he heard something and looks down the hallway in the other direction, where there's another closed door.

'Who's out there?' Bobby asks. Dean and Hermione turn back to the door that was on his left when he entered the hallway. They walk over to the door and the're are long scratchmarks on it. Dean touches them as he goes for the doorknob.

'Bobby, you in there?'

'Dean?'

'Yeah. It's me with Hermione. Open up,' Bobby opens the door and looks behind Dean and Hermione. 'Hey,' Bobby moves into the kitchen, looking scared and looking around to make sure something isn't there. He has scratches on his cheek and nose. Dean walks up next to him.

'How in the hell did you find me?' Bobby asks.

'Sam, Hermione and I got our hands on some of that Dream Root stuff,'

'Dream Root? What?'

'Dr. Gregg, the experiments?'

Bobby, who's still looking around, throws him a glance. 'What the hell are you talking about?' The lamps begin the flicker. 'Hurry,' He runs for the closet again. Dean turns around and grabs him, trying to figure out what's going on.

'Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. What's going on?'

'She's coming,'

'Okay, you know this is a dream, don't you?'

'What are you, crazy?'

'It's a dream, Bobby! None of this is real!' Suddenly a woman appears in the opening of the door on the other side of the hallway, behind Dean and Hermione. Bobby points to her.

'Does that look made-up?' Dean and Hermione turn around and they see the woman coming out into the hallway. She's wearing a white dress and there's blood on it, coming from wounds on her neck and chest. Suddenly the closet door slams shut and Bobby turns around, rattling the doorknob to make it open. Dean looks at him and then when Bobby turns around, Dean looks back at the woman. Now she looks rather normal except for the bleeding wounds on her chest and neck. Even her hair is styled in a regular fashion. She doens't look happy though.

'Bobby, who is that?' Hermione asks.

Bobby has tears in his eyes. 'She's...she's my wife,'

'Why Bobby? Why did you do this to me?' Karen Singer asks.

'I'd rather died myself than hurt you,'

'But you did hurt me. You shoved that knife into me. Again and again. You watched me bleed. Watched me die,' Dean comes up behind Bobby and grabs hold of him.

'Bobby, she's not real,' Bobby doesn't respond to Dean, his eyes are on his wife.

'How could you?'

Bobby is close to crying. 'You were possessed, baby. You were rabid. And I didn't know what I know now. I didn't know how to save you,'

'You're lying. You wanted me dead! If you'd loved me, you would've found a way!'

'I'm sorry,'

Dean grabs hold of him again, more forcefully this time. 'Come on!' Dean drags Bobby into the living room and as Hermione begins to slide the doors closed, Karen runs for the doors, screaming at them. She starts to jump and bang on the doors to the living room, screaming. Dean and Hermione are leaning against the door, holding it closed. 'I'm telling you, all of it. Your house, your wife, it's a nightmare!' Dean looks over towards Hermione. 'Can't you use your magic to close them,' Hermione moves away from the door and grabs her wand. She waves it but nothing happens. 'Did you just make your wand invisible?'

Hermione looks at her hand. It was in the position it would have been while using her wand but the thing that was missing was her wand. 'Colloportus' Dean let's the door a bit go but quickly has to close it again. 'My magic. I don't have any magic in here,' Dean grabs a wire to tie around the doorhandles.

'Well that's going to be problem,'

'I killed her,' Bobby says as he's crying.

'Bobby! This is your dream. And you can wake up. I mean, hell, you can do anything,'
'Just leave me alone. Let her kill me already,'
Dean grabs hold of him, trying to get him to wake up, to snap out it all. 'Look at me. Look at me. You got to snap out of this now. Now! You're not gonna die. I'm not gonna let you die. I'm not gonna let you die. You're like a father to me. You gotta believe me, please,' They look at each other for a moment. Bobby looks once at the door, his wife is still banging on and screaming behind, and then he looks back at Dean.

'I'm dreaming?'

'Yes! Now take control of it,' Bobby looks towards the door, and then he closes his eyes tightly and suddenly all the banging and screaming stops. Dean lets go of him and walks over to the doors. He removes the cable and slides the doors open, revealing an empty kitchen. Karen Singer is nowhere in sight.

'I don't believe it,'

Dean turns around and looks at him. 'Believe it. Now would you please wake up?'

Sam, Dean and Hermione wake up with suddenly at the same time, sitting up. Dean still had the cup in his hand as did Hermione. Sam was lying on the floor between the beds with his arm hanging above it. Dean looks down at his cup. They look over at each other.

Bobby is sitting in his bed at the hospital, looking over the papers from the investigation. Dean is sitting on the bed next to him. Hermione was standing by the end of the bed.

'Hey, Bobby. That, uh...That stuff, all that stuff with your wife?' Dean softly asks. Bobby looks over at him. 'That actually happen?'

'Everybody got into hunting somehow,' Bobby explains.

'I'm sorry,' Dean and Hermione respond.

'Don't be sorry. If it weren't for you, I'd still be lost in there. Or dead. Thank you,' Dean only responds with a twitch of his lips. Sam comes in after that, seeing the guys sharing a look.

'So, uh, stoner boy wasn't in his dorm. My guess is he's long gone by now,' Sam explains.

'He ain't much of a stoner,' Bobby points out. He picks up a picture of Jeremy, looking at it.

'No?' Dean asks.

'No. His name is Jeremy Frost. Full-on genius. Hundred-and-sixty IQ. Which is saying some, considering his dad took a baseball bat to his head,' Bobby picks up another paper and hands it to Sam. 'Here's Father of the Year,' The paper he hands to Sam has a copy of a drivers licenses on it of Jeremy's dad. 'He died before Jeremy was 10,'

'Looks like a real sweetheart,' Sam points out.

'Injury gave him Charcot-Wilbrand. He hasn't dreamt since,' Sam puts the paper back on the little side table.

'Till he started dosing the dream drug,' Dean adds.

'Yep,'

'How'd he know how to dig you up your worst nightmare and throw it at you?'

'Hey, he was rooting around in my skull. God knows what he saw in there,'

'Yeah. How did he get in there in the first place? Isn't he supposed to have some of your hair, your DNA, or something?' Sam asks.

'Yeahhh. Before I knew it was him, he offered me a beer. I drank it,' Hermione looks over at Dean. 'Dumbest frigging thing,'

'I agree,' Hermione responds, still looking at Dean.

'In my defense I didn't drink it,' Hermione raises her eyebrows in surprise. 'But I did put the bottle to my lips,'

'That's great. Now he can come after either one of you,' Sam points out angrily.

'Well, now we just have to find him first,' Dean points out.

'We better work fast...and coffee up. Because the one thing we cannot do—is fall asleep,' Bobby explains.

Two days has passed and nothing has happened. Dean is sitting behind the wheel of the Impala. Sam is sitting next to him and Hermione sitting between them in the backseat. Dean is more tense and pissed over the whole situation.

'I mean, this Jeremy guy is not a frigging ghost. Where the hell could he be?' Dean asks.

'Dean, you sure you don't want me to drive? You seem a little...' Dean looks over at Sam. '...caffeinated,'

'Well, thanks for the news flash, Edison!' Dean responds angrily. His cell start to ring. He tries to get hold of it but he fumbles, muttering indisctinctly in frustration. He finally gets it in hand. 'Tell me you got something!'

'Strip club was a bust, huh?' Bobby asks over the phone.

'Yeah,'

'That was our last lead,'

'What the hell, Bobby!'

'Don't yell at me, boy. I'm working my ass off here,'

'Sorry, I'm sorry, I'm just...I'm-I'm-I'm tired,'

'Well, who ain't?'

'What's Bela got?' Dean hears Bobby talk in the background.

'She's got nothing,'

'Great! Well, I'm just gonna go blow my brains out now!' He flips the phone closed and throws it in his lap. He hits the steering wheel.

The Impala comes down the road. Suddenly Dean turns the car on a side road instead of continuing on. When they get to a clearing in the woods, he shuts off the engine.

'All right, that's it. I'm done,'

'What are you doing?' Sam asks.

Dean slides down a bit in his seat, resting his head on the back of it. 'Taking myself a long-overdue nap,'

'What?! Dean, Jeremy can come after you,'

'That's the idea,'

'Excuse me?'

'Come on man, we can't find him, so let him come to me,'

'On his own turf? Where he's basically a god?'

'I can handle it,'

'Not alone, you can't,' He reaches over and pulls out some of Dean's hair.

'Ow!' He touches his head where Sam grabbed some hair. He looks over at Sam. 'What are you doing?'

'Coming in with you,' Sam responds, fiddling with Dean's hairs. Hermione reaches over to and pulls out some of Dean's hair.

'Ow! No, none of you,'

'Why not? At least then it will be three against one,'

Dean doesn't have a response at first, opening and closing his mouth. 'Cause I don't want you digging around in my head,'

'You know I have two ways to get inside your head,' Hermione points out holding her wand up.

'Too bad,' Sam responds. He goes for the items to make the liquid and Dean just looks at him for a moment.

The three of them are asleep, leaning on the doors of the Impala. Sam wakes up first, clearing his throat. The car is right where it was before they fell asleep. Hermione sowly wakes up.
'Dean,' Sam hits him on his arm and Dean wakes up forcefully.

'Jeez,' Dean wakes up. 'For the love of God,' He looks around a bit, still looking extremely tired. 'What are we still doing here?'

'I have no idea,' There is a sound coming from outside the car. 'There's someone out there,' They get out of the car and look around. As they walk in front of the car, music can suddenly be heard. Dean looks behind him and when he turns around, a corner of the clearing lights up, and there sits Lisa on a little blanket and a picnic basket. Dean just looks at her and she smiles up at him.

'Hey. You gonna sit down?' Lisa asks. Dean doesn't move, he just looks at her. She has a glass of red whine in her hand and she reaches for another glass in the basket. 'Come on. We only have an hour before we have to pick Ben up from baseball,' Dean looks over at Sam and Hermione.

'Come on I don't know how long we can stall,' It wasn't Lisa's voice that said that. Dean looks back and it was Hermione sitting on the blanket holding a glass of whiskey for him, giving him a soft smile. Sam stands a bit behind Dean, taking this all in.

'I've never had this dream before,' Dean explains. Hermione's eyes widen and red creeping up her cheeks as Dean turns back, away from Sam and Hermione. Sam takes a few steps towards him. 'Stop looking at me like that,'

'Sorry,'

'Dean. I love you,' Hermione tells him, shifting between herself and Lisa. Suddenly the entire scene shakes and both her, the picnic, the light and the music disappears. Dean looks around, Sam and Hermione turn around.

'Where'd she go?'

Sam is looking into the woods and suddenly Jeremy comes out from behind a tree. 'Dean,' Sam and Hermione take after Jerremy, who runs off. Dean quickly follows them and they run into the woods. Dean loses track of Sam and Hermione, but keeps running in the same direction. Suddenly he stops and turns, looking around confused,

'Okay,' The woods have turned into wallpaper and Dean is standing in a hallway with doors on both sides.

Sam is still running throught the woods with Hermione, in pursuit of Jeremy. They come to a clearing, where he stops, panting, looking around.

'Dean?!'

Dean is walking down the hallway towards a door at the end of it. Before he reaches it, it suddenly opens up slowly. Dean stops, watching. The door glides open more, revealing a motel room. As Dean enters the room. As he comes in, he notices that the motel room looks exactly as the one he, Sam and Hermione have been staying in. Across the room from the door, sits a man on the chair by the desk. Dean walks further into the room, watching him.

'Jeremy?' Dean asks. The man keeps clicking the on and off button for the lamp on the desk, his back to Dean. He turns his head back towards Dean. Dean notices that the man is himself. Dream Dean slowly stands up, and turns to Dean, who swallows at the sight of himself.

'Hey, Dean,'

'Well, aren't you a handsome son of a gun,' Dean smiles.

'We need to talk,' Dean nods and begins to walk in a circle, as does Dream Dean. They're walking in the same direction just across form each other.

'I get it. I get it. I'm my own worst nightmare, is that it? Huh? Kind of like the Superman 3 junkyard scene? A little mano y mano with myself?'

'Joke all you want, smart-ass. But you can't lie to me. I know the truth,' They stop walking, now having changed places. Dean is standing by the desk and Dream Dean by the door. 'I know how dead you are inside. How worthless you feel. I know how you look into a mirror...and hate what you see,'

Dean swallows and gets ahold of himself. 'Sorry pal. It's not gonna work. You're not real,'

'Sure I am. I'm you,'

'I don't thinks so. Because see, this is my siesta. Not yours,' He raises his left hand. 'All I gotta do is snap my fingers and you go bye-bye,' He snaps his fingers once, and nothing happens. Dean's smile fades, and he snaps again, noticing nothing is happening. Dream Deam just watches him. Dean snaps them three more times and then lets his hand fall to his side, eyebrows lifted. Dream Dean gives him an I-told-you-so nod.

'I'm not going anywhere. Neither are you,' The door slams shut behind him, and locks. All the smiles are gone from Dean's features; he's completely serious. 'Like I said...' Dream Dean raises his right hand, in which he is now holding a sawed-off shotgun. '...we need to talk,'

A bang can be heard, and Sam wakes up, gasping. He looks over at Dean, who's still asleep. He looks to the backseat but Hermione is nowhere to be found.

'Dean,' Sam hits him on the arm. 'Hey. Wake up,' He hits him on the arm two more times and then Jeremy turns around, with a hard, evil look. Sam only has a second to respond and take in that it's Jeremy and not Dean, and then Jeremy hits him hard in his stomach with the tip of a bat. Sam grunts and opens the door. He falls out through the door, face first, still grunting over the pain. Jeremy comes around the front of the car, the bat resting against his shoulder.

'Boy, you just don't know when to leave well enough alone, do you?' He walks towards Sam, who's reached the back of the Impala still on the ground, he closes the door Sam fell out through and continues walking up to him. Towering over Sam who's now turned over, looking up at him, still moving backwards.

'You're a psycho,'

'You're wrong,'

'Yeah? Tell that to Dr. Gregg,'

'The doc? No, no. The doc's the one that got me hooked on this stuff and then he took it away,' Sam is lying still on the ground, looking up at him. He leans on the Impala, raising the bat, holding it like he's about to swing, looking down at Sam. 'But I needed it, and he wouldn't let me have it,'

'So you killed him?'

'I can dream again. You know what that's like, not to be able to dream? You never rest, not really. It's like being awake for 15 years,'

'And let me guess. That makes you go crazy?'

Jeremy leans down towards Sam, holding the bat out at him. 'I just wanna be left alone. I just wanna dream,'

'Sorry. Can't do that,' Hermione responds from behind. Jeremy turns around and gets up.

'Right you where here too. But that won't be an issue,' He tightens the grip on the bat and starts to swing at Hermione. Out of reflexes Hermione puts her hands out hoping to make a shield with her magic. But nothing happens and instead Jeremy hits her hard on her arms.

'Hermione!' Sam shouts. Hermione tries to avoid the next swing from Jeremy as she tries to fight the stinging pain. Hermione tries again to use her magic but nothing is happening. Jermey swings again, Hermione blocks it and grabs the bat but her arms where still sore and stinging with pain. He easly gets the bat back from her grip and hits her on the head. Hermione falls down and suddenly she and Sam get pulled flat against the ground. Sam groans and gasps heavily. Sam and Hermione are now tied to railroad spikes, unable to move.

'I'm getting better and better at this. Stronger and stronger all the time,' He stands by Sam's feet, now examining the bat. Sam looks to the side, and Jeremy looks down at him. 'But you, your brother and your friend? You're not waking up. Not this time. I'm not gonna let you,' Sam looks up at him.

'I mean, you're going to hell and you won't lift a finger to stop it,' Dream Dean says to Dean. He and Dean has begun circling each other again. 'Talk about low self-esteem,' He chuckles. 'Then again, I guess it's not much of a life worth saving, now is it?'

'Wake up, Dean. Come on, wake up,' Dean says to himself.

'I mean, after all, you've got nothing outside of Sam. Sam at least has Hermione,' They stop circling each other. They're now back in their original positions. Dean by the door and Dream Dean by the desk. 'You are nothing. You're as mindless and obedient as an attack dog,'

'That—That's not true,' Dean responds smiling in denial.

'No? What are the things that you want? What are the things that you dream? I mean, your car? That's Dad's. Your favourite leather jacket? Dad's. Your music? Dad's. Do you even have an original thought?' Dean scoffs, not wanting to admit to anything. 'No. No, all there is is, ''Watch out for Sammy. Look out for your little brother, boy!'' You can still hear your Dad's voice in your head, can't you?' He motions with the weapon to his head. 'Clear as a bell,'

'Just shut up,' Dean responds smiling.

Dream Dean lowers the gun. 'I mean, I think about it...' He begins to walk towards Dean, whose smile is fading now. '...all he ever did is train you, boss you around,' They're now standing face to face. 'But Sam...Sam he doted on. Sam, he loved,'

'I mean it. I'm getting angry,'

'Dad knew who you really were. A good soldier and nothing else. Daddy's blunt little instrument. Your own father didn't care whether you lived or died. Why should you?'

'Son of a bitch!' Dean pushes Dream Dean hard, knocking him into the wall above the desk. 'My father was an obsessed bastard!' Dream Dean tries to get up and Dean kicks him down on the desk again. Dean holds the weapon as a bat and hits Dream Dean once and then pins him to the wall with it. 'All that crap he dumped on me, about protecting Sam! That was his crap. He's the one who couldn't protect his family. He—' Dean steps back and swings the weapon again, hitting Dream Dean twice. 'He's the one who let Mom die,' Dean pins Dream Dean again. '—who wasn't there for Sam. I always was! He wasn't fair! I didn't deserve what he put on me,' He backs away from Dream Dean. 'And I don't deserve to go to Hell!' Dean shoots Dream Dean twice in the chest. He lowers the weapon and looks at Dream Dean. There is blood splattered on Dream Dean's face and his eyes are closed.

Jeremy is hitting Sam repeatedly on his legs and knees, both with the bat and with his feet. Sam is grunting through the assault, not ablte to move. Hermione was trying her best to stay conscious.

Dean approaches Dream Dean on the desk, looking at him. Suddenly Dream Dean's eyes flicker open and they're completely black. Dean widens his eyes at that. Demon Dean sits up, looking into Dean's eyes.

'You can't escape me, Dean. You're gonna die. And this? This is wat you're gonna become!'

Jeremy is now standing over Sam, the bat hovering above Sam's chest.

'You can't stop me. There's nothing I can't do in here,'

'Because of the Dream Root,' Sam points out.

'That's right,'

'Yeah? Well, you're forgetting something,'

Jeremy now holds the bat, ready to swing down on Sam. 'What's that?'

Sam looks up at him. 'We took the Dream Root too,' He smiles.

'Jeremy!' A man shouts. As Jeremy turns around he sees his father, Henry, standing at the edge of the woods. 'Jeremy!'

'No. No...' Henry begins walking towards him. 'Dad?'

'You answer me when I'm talking to you, boy,'

Jeremy backs away from Sam, Hermione and Henry. He no longer has the bat in his hands. 'No...' Suddenly Sam shows up and hits Jeremy across his face with the bat. Sam hits Jeremy again.

They boys and Hermione wake up, panting. They look over at each other and then look away. Dean is clearly shaken by what just happened.

Bobby, Sam and Hermione come around the corner and walk down the hallway together. Sam has a key to the room in his hands.

'So you did a little dream-weaving of your own in here, huh?' Bobby asks.

'Yeah. I just sort of concentrated and it happened, you know?'

'Didn't have anything to do with...you know, your psychic stuff?'

'I don't think so,' Hermione responds. 'I mean I wasn't able to use my magic in there,'

'Exactly,'

'Good. Good,' Bobby nods. Sam swallows, looking a little worried. They continue walking down the hallway.

Dean is on the phone with his back to the door, hanging up the phone. Hearing the door open, he turns around, and Sam, Hermione and Bobby enter.

'Hey, you guys seen Bela? She's not in her room. She's not answering her phone,' Dean asks. They close the door and come in.

'She must've take off or something,' Sam suggests.

'Just like that? It's a little weird,'

'Yeah well, if you ask me what's weird is why she helped us in the first place,' Bobby points out.

'I thought you saved her life,' Dean responds.

'What the hell are you talking about?'

'The thing in Flagstaff,'

'That thing in Flagstaff was an amulet. I gave her a good deal, that's all,' Dean gets confused at that, closing his mouth. Sam turns around and looks at him, confused. He turns back to Bobby.

'Well, the why did y—?' Sam starts.

'You boys better check your pockets,' Bobby points out. Sam reaches into his pockets, as does Dean. Hermione opens her bag making sure nothing was missing. 'Not literally,'

Dean stops what he's doing and slowly looks up at Sam and then turns to the safe in the closet. Sam who's looking at Dean, does the same. 'No, no, no, no,' He goes over to the safe and opens it up. It's empty.

'The Colt,' Dean looks over at Sam and slams the safe shut. 'Bela stole the Colt,'

'Damn it, boys!'

'Pack your crap,' Dean orders. He walks over to his bag on the couch.

'Why? Where are we going?' Sam asks.

Dean turns to him and Hermione. 'We're gonna go hunt the bitch down,'

Sam, Dean and Hermione are standing by the open trunk, Dean is zipping his bag closed and Sam puts his own in there. Hermione stands next to the trunk.

'Hey, Sam, Hermione. I was wondering. When you were in my head, what did you see?'

'Uh, just Jeremy. He kept us separated from you. Easier to beat our brains out that way, I guess,' Sam responds. Dean scoffs. 'What about you? You never said,'

Dean shakes his head. 'Nothing. I was looking for you the whole time,' Dean takes the keys out the lock to the trunk and closes it. They get into the car. Sam sighs as he sits down. Dean looks thoughtful for a moment. 'Sam, Hermione,'
Sam and Hermione look at him. 'Yeah?' They asks in unison.

Dean doesn't look at them. 'I've been doing some thinking, and...Well, the thing is...I don't wanna die,' Sam expression softens. 'I don't wanna go to hell,'

Sam swallows, not answering right away. He nods his head softly. 'All right. Yeah. We'll find a way to save you,'

'We won't stop till we do,' Hermione responds.

Dean looks over at them, then looks away nodding. He looks back at Sam and Hermione, with a little smile on his lips. 'Okay, good,' Sam nods at him, reassuringly.

Dean and Hermione are sitting in the motel room looking into books and newspapers for information about the thing they were hunting. Sam was out getting some food. Dean stands up from the table and goes to the fridge for a beer. Hermione looks up from the book she was reading.

'Getting tired?' She asks.

Dean opens his bottle and takes a sip. 'You bet,'
Hermione laughs. 'We could take a break, wait for Sam to come back,'

'Good idea,' Hermione closes her book and gets up, Dean hands her a glass of whiskey.

'How?'

'I know a thing or two,' Hermione smiles. The two of them sit back at the table. Hermione summons another book and opens it. Dean moves closer towards her and notices the picture. 'You weren't kidding when you said you wouldn't stop looking,'

She looks up from the book. 'No I meant it. Beside there has to be a way, I know there is,' Hermione sighs. Dean moves his hand towards Hermione's hand.

'We'll find a way I know we will, until then we should have fun,'

Hermione drops her head. 'Dean you have a couple of months,'

'Yeah, so I should live it while I can,' Hermione looks at Dean.

'You're right,' Dean is surprised he didn't think it would be that easy to persuade her. Hermione takes a sip from her drink, Dean didn't remove his hand. 'Dean...' Dean wants to move his hand, but Hermione stops him. 'No, I never got to thank you,'

'Don't...'

'No Dean, I died, and you sold your soul for me, why?'

'I told you I didn't want Sam to do it,' Hermione looks at Dean, Dean moves closer towards Hermione. He moves his hand over the side of her face and kisses her. Hermione is taken back but responds to the kiss, the two of them get up without stopping and move towards the bed. Hermione moves her hand through Dean's hair. Dean and Hermione fall on the bed together. Hermione breaks the kiss. 'Sorry,'

'No, what if Sam comes back,'

'Don't care,' And Dean pulls Hermione back in a kiss. Dean rolls Hermione so he's on top. He removes his shirt and moves back towards Hermione. Hermione runs her fingers over Dean's back as he moves his hands through her hair.

Dean wakes up shocked, this was the third dream he had like this. He sits up in his bed and looks around the room. He sees Sam and Hermione sleeping soundly. He moves his hands through his hair and leans against the backside of the bed. He wasn't sure anymore if his motive to break the deal was solely based on him not wanting to go to hell. He looks back at Hermione, who was gripping her pillow tightly, or if there was someone else giving him the motive to stay alive.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

384 34 10
Sage Frost, a girl living alone in a mansion in the woods has spent her whole life trying to protect the people in danger. She lived a hard but simp...
10.9K 292 46
Some time away has left Carlotta Bellway better off. With an unlikely deal made with Crowley, the cheeky crossroads demon, Carlotta has the ability t...
2.6K 92 20
A series of strange events has Sam and Dean Winchester present for the final battle of Hogwarts. Who is responsible for them being there? Why are the...
13.7K 308 22
After the crash, Dean and Sam have a hard time getting through the loss of their Dad. With both their Dad gone and the Colt they have nothing to kill...