Become the Mother of Machiner...

By Xiaoshuo_

When Zero woke up, she found herself soaking in a huge glass jar. She opened her mouth, and a bunch of bubble... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71

Chapter 39

84 1 0
By Xiaoshuo_

Chapter 39 White Tower City

    Although he didn't like Mo Sang Wu very much, An Ling had to admit that moving to the Mercenary Guild was indeed the best choice for Zero.

    A behemoth like the Church of the God of Mechanics must be counterbalanced by another behemoth.

    They finalized the departure date that night. As Zero's second long-distance trip, she did not choose to take the floating boat. From Baisha City to the destination Baita City, their family took the ultra-fast land passage, which only took 9 hours. time.

    The light rail station was crowded with people, and An Ling turned into an ordinary man's face, pushing a suitcase and walking with Sid and Ling. They brought big bags and small bags, and even Dongdong was carrying his own dog basin.

    Taking advantage of the time when Anling went to change the ticket, Zero sat on the suitcase and waited for him.

    At this moment, an unfamiliar working robot came over, with two eyes shining on its round head, it reached out a hand kindly.

    "Ma'am, do you need help?"

    Zero was stunned, then shook his head: "No, thank you." It walked away slightly disappointed.

    But after a while, another robot came over. They might be sanitation workers cleaning up garbage, garden workers trimming greenery, or cleaning workers cleaning up, all of them walking towards her as if they were attracted in the middle of their work.

    "Ma'am, do you need help?"

    "Ma'am, you need..."

    "Ma'am, Madam, Madam, Madam."

    When An Ling came back, Zero was surrounded by strange robots. Passing passengers stopped to watch and expressed their shock. They almost thought it was an incident of robots eating humans.

    Zero: Thank you all, but I really will.

    Finally, they checked the tickets and got on the train. With the help of the enthusiastic mechanical flight attendants, several of them had a small light rail box with four seats, which was separated from the other boxes by a curtain.

    Sid pushed the luggage under the seat, stood up against the wall of the car and started charging mode.

    Zero opened the curtains and looked out. After the train started slowly, the passengers who were still hovering on the platform gradually turned into elongated shadows, and then the buildings in sight became less and less, turning into billowing yellow sand.

    For most of the trip, the scenery along the light rail route is all desert.

    In this severely desertified world, there are not many places left for human habitation. There are occasionally moving targets in the desert. From a distance, they are pitch-black dots, either aberrants or mining machines.

    The ultra-fast track is driven on the ground, and there are strong fields on both sides of the track. If there is an aberration or beast attack, it will not damage the running carriage.

    Occasionally, when the train stops at other cities, the scenery outside the window will change for a short time. Zero has seen several strange-style buildings, like a high-level stacking of various cultural elements.

    The cities of this world are connected to each other like a marble chessboard, and the vast land in the center is completely filled with sand.

    When there was more than an hour left before the next station, the color outside the window became lighter, and the desert that entered the destination changed from yellow to soft white sand, which means that the area of ​​Baita City is approaching.

    Different from the huge white stairs in Baisha City, the landmark buildings of Baita City are tall towers, which are said to be built with a unique local rock, and the houses here are almost all in this light white style.

    When he got out of the car, Zero took a deep breath: "The air is so good!"

    An Ling said at the right time: "Bai Ta City is a federal first-class livable city with a humid and warm climate. Originally, there was a highly polluted lake nearby. After the headquarters moved here, great efforts have been made to control pollution, and now Kata Lake has become the largest freshwater reservoir in Baita City."

    Because of the cave style, the whole city seems to have been carved out of the rugged mountainous area, with various lines running through the city. The passing trains criss-crossed in the air at various heights, like the skeleton of a giant beast.

    Ling looked up at the railroad train passing by above his head, and his eyes were full of surprise.

    Their destination was the headquarters of the Mercenary Guild, which didn't even need to look at a map or ask for directions. The entire White Pagoda City was built around the mercenary guild, and its lifeline has long been integrated. On any rail transit line, one of the stops must be marked in red [Mercenary Guild Station].

    Ling Tuo's family stood at the station waiting for the bus, but she did not expect a 7-seat commercial vehicle to stop steadily in front of her.

    The window rolled down, revealing the person sitting inside.

    Qin Shan pushed the glasses on the bridge of his nose: "Miss Ling, welcome to Baita City."

    "Please get in the car, Team Mo asked me to pick you up to the headquarters. You can come to me if you have any problems here."

    "Then Thank you so much!"

    "You're welcome." The

    car started slowly and merged into the turbulent traffic. Qin Shan pointed to the tallest and largest white tower in the distance: "Miss Zero, that's the No. 1 giant tower where the guild headquarters is located. It is also called the Coiling Dragon Tower by the people.

    " . There are countless windows from top to bottom in the tower, and there are additional platforms built in some places. At a height of about ten meters on the ground floor, a huge billboard circled the tower.

    Zero curiosity asked: "What is that for?"

    "There will be giant projections on the tower."

    "What is projected? Public service advertisements or virtual idols?"

    Qin Shan paused and replied: "Generally, it is a commercial advertisement. Advertisement Endorsement income is one of the important sources of income for the mercenary guild." When the

    car got closer, Ling saw a famous vice-chairman of the guild: Ling Tian on the billboard.

    A man in his forties was wearing a combat uniform and sat on a rock with a gun on his shoulder. He wore a half-piece metal face shell, and his face covered with vicissitudes had a blue-black beard. He looked deep into the distance. Know where to fall.

    The setting sun became his background, and a line of big characters appeared at this time:

    [Focus on men's shaving, enjoy the charm of handsome men]

    ...

    Qin Shan turned to look at her: "Is brother handsome?"

    Zero fell into deep thought, After a long while, she gave a 100,000-dollar social animal to answer: "Handsome, but still a little worse than Team Mo."

    Qin Shan nodded: "Ms. Ling is very discerning."

    "..."

    Not only Ling Tian, ​​but also Qin Shan's own advertisement also appeared on the street, and the endorsement was Dabawang Learning Machine. In addition to this, there are many popular high-level mercenaries, and the advertisements they shoot are also strange: baby strollers, calcium supplements, fitness coaching classes...

    But none of them have a high appearance rate combined.

    From station signboards to displays outside skyscrapers, from handbills to electronic banners, the white pagoda city is filled with the words 'Mosanwu'.

    Zero even sees a group of children swaggering through the market wearing T-Rex T-shirts.

    Seeing her focused gaze, Qin Shan explained: "Unlike the cities that are absolutely controlled by the government, the biggest force in Baita City is the mercenary guild, so the atmosphere here is relatively free and relaxed. The mercenary guild gives the people confidence and protection, and they treat the mercenaries with confidence. Bing also respects and yearns for it."

    "Ms. Ling want one? It's a classic t-shirt from last year, and I also treasured two."

    "...Thank you, thank you, no need." The

    Panlong Pagoda looks like an awl from a distance , which, when viewed up close, is outrageously large. The bottom twenty floors of it are all mercenary dormitories, densely covered with small windows, and the air roads connecting the various passages criss-cross like blood vessels.

    Qin Shan took Lingqiguaibaguai to the door of a unit and handed her a list of access guards: "Miss Ling, this is the best dormitory in the headquarters, with an indoor area of ​​96 square meters, two rooms, two halls and two bathrooms, and no water and electricity package. The rent, I hope you live happily. If you need it, you can also buy it at a very low price."

    "In addition, the reward for completing the task of Heisha City has been placed in the house for you, please check it." Qin Shan made a gesture, zero Thank you quickly.

    Farewell to the kind vice president, she took the key to find her new home.

    Obviously it looks like a tower, but in fact it is similar to an ordinary residential building, and the interior area is spacious, bright, and all kinds of furniture and appliances are complete.

    It's like a dream room.

    There were several gift boxes stacked in the center of the living room, and she opened one casually: the S-class special warfare King Kong-class body armor.

    S-class auxiliary system privacy mask helmet, S-class balance acceleration tactical shoes, S-class...

    What kind of armor is this? Looking at these wealthy gifts, Zero felt that he had truly experienced what is called "Moissan's Informal Logic".

    After arriving at the new home, Sid put the suitcase down and started cleaning up. An Ling stood in the center of the living room, his eyes emitting linear red light sweeping the whole area, and he entered the alert mode.

    "Firewall setup, force field barrier setup, and air defense escape route simulation."

    "1.8%, 2.3% completed..."

    Zero didn't bother them, she changed her clothes and planned to go shopping, and stopped by the headquarters to report.

    The dormitory building is very large, and there are many people in the corridor. When she walked out of the house, these mercenaries noticed that she was petite and thin, and the rate of return was almost 100%.

    "Why does the guild still accept underage girls?"

    "She is the legendary dragon rider!"

    "What dragon rider?"

    "You don't know yet, it's the little girl who rode Team Mo in the Black Sand City mission!"

    "She's so young, about the same age as my sister!"

    "So thin, can she really ride Team Mo?"

    Zero Wander around the maze-like tower of the headquarters until you see a familiar face.

    The burly man had a towel on his shoulders, as if he had just come out of the training ground, with a look of disbelief on his face: "Zero! Is that you?"

    Zero recognized him and greeted him: "Helan? You are also there. Headquarters."

    "I came to experience the free 7-day tour, and I participated in the training here. You are officially joining the headquarters, I guessed." The black-faced man threw the towel, "Eldest sister, you just came, go. , I'll take you around."

    Zero: Wait a minute, what's the name of the eldest sister?

    Helan led her to take the internal straight ladder and go through the relevant procedures at the 32nd floor Mercenary Guild Administrative Headquarters. There were a lot of mercenaries coming and going around, and they cast vague glances at the two of them.

    Zero originally had long black hair when she first came out of the Third Research Institute, but she cut her hair into short ear-length hair in order to blur her appearance. Although she tanned a little while working in the open air, her skin was originally pale, and now it has become normal at best. white complexion.

    Zero and the burly, dark-skinned Helan stood next to each other, two heads short of height, and looked very weak and petite.

    But when passing by them, everyone clearly heard Helan blurted out, "Big sister, let's go to the training ground." The

    expressions of the mercenaries gradually cracked: ... Big sister?

    The training ground goes up from the 35th floor to the 50th floor, with a stage every 5 floors. The physical training of ordinary mercenaries is divided into three stages: one is basic training, which covers track and field, swimming, and obstacle climbing; the other is skill training, which covers fighting, assassination, armed mountaineering, sandboarding, etc.; third, adventure training, Such as skydiving, gliding, flying, etc.

    When Zero came to the 40th floor, what he saw was the scene of a battle in twos and threes. Each of their attacks generates a score within the simulation system, and most of them are around 1000.

    But one person climbed to 4,000 points, and he was still fighting underwater.

    Mo Sangwu had a breathing mask on his head and couldn't see his face clearly. His upper body was naked/naked, and he held an ion long knife in each hand, the blade glowing green under the water.

    A yellow light came on, condensed into a fast-running phantom, and the long knife slashed past, knocking the enemy into pieces.

    In the next second, four or five yellow phantoms condensed behind and on the side. These enemies had weapons. They were armed with guns or knives, and they were completely unaffected underwater.

    But humans are not only difficult to move in the water, but also blocked from sight. This is a completely unequal battle.

    Zero was inexplicably worried, but it was obvious that she was worrying too much.

    I don't know how Mo Sangwu fought. When he moved, the water was full of green light. The long knife stirred the water into a vortex and slapped it into a wave. In a foam, those yellow virtual enemies became broken. The spot of light disappeared from the field of vision.

    The drenched man stepped up the steps step by step. He took off the ventilator and shook his hair.

    The assistant reminded: "Team Mo, the training time limit is approaching today, and the system is going to be overloaded.

    " Zero looking here.

    The two looked at each other from a distance, Mo Sangwu grinded his back molars, he turned around and went back into the water.

    The assistant who was about to finish work was stunned: "Team Mo, why are you still working?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 261 13
@legitmemeulous liked your post. idk what this is but i'm enjoying writing it so yeah *will have irl chapters x*
172K 3.9K 151
Zhuang Jiu died on the eve of victory. Opening her eyes again, she returned to the pre-apocalyptic world, and there was a book in her mind. Only...
17.7K 235 20
蠻荒獸世萬人迷 作者:木心 Not my Story
210K 3.9K 174
An accident. She's pregnant. How unlucky. She got pregnant in one shot! What was even more unfortunate was that the end of the world had arrived, and...