Unhinged | S. Harrington| B...

By cupids_quill003

In which Steve 'the hair' Harrington falls in love with Charlie ' the Psycho' Hopper. Or In which the Billy... More

<3 SOUNDTRACKS <3
Prologue
Are You Okay?
New Kid, Same Drama
Bruises
Cigarettes And Kisses
Drifting Apart
Boy Kisses
Author's Note
Hurt
Promises
It Got Me
Haunted
Alone
Monster Hunting
It's Always Been You
It's Over
Come Back
Season Three
Summer Nights
Consolations
Back To Square One
Troubled
All In Your Head
Russians
Important
He's Back.

Lose You

1.4K 55 12
By cupids_quill003

A/N : TW : underage drinking.

It's Halloween.

Charlie didn't like Halloween.

Especially since last year. Now that he knew monsters were real, Halloween didn't seem to be the harmless holiday it used to be. He was planning to come home to El and watch a scary movie and leave Billy to have some fun for one night.

He was getting ready for another tiresome day at school. Only good thing being the time he got to spent with his blue eyed blonde.

"Jesus Fucking Christ!" Charlie exclaimed when he turned around and saw a mini ghost standing behind him.

"Halloween."
She said, innocently.

Charlie heaved a sigh and placed both his hand on his hips.

"I'm aware. But it's breakfast now...so off you go. And take that off."

El sauntered off. Charlie followed her after a while.

"They're stupid... And..." his dad was talking to El, holding her shoulders.

Charlie knew what it was about. El wanted to go trick or treating, an excuse see Mike of course.

"We are not stupid!" El said, almost angry.

"Exactly." Hopper said straightening up. He looked to were Charlie was and said.

"Now you take that off and let's eat. Your brother has school today."

The tree of them sat down. El just glared ahead and Charlie looked at Hopper pointedly. Hopper sighed and suggested

"How about get off work early and buy us a bunch and the three of us get fat and watch a scary movie together. Is that a good compromise?"

Charlie smiled and looked at El.

"Co- compromise?" El stuttered.

"C-o-m promise." Hopper spelled out.

"It's like halfway happy." Charlie said to El.

"Yeah..."Hopper agreed.

"Promise?"

"Yeah, I promise." Hopper smiled which El slowly returned.

"Halfway happy."
Hopper ruffled her hair and they proceeded with their breakfast.

Charlie was a little late to class. He didn't find Billy in there. He hesitantly sat next to Steve.

"Upset your boyfriend isn't here?" Steve taunted. Charlie rolled his eyes and looked the burnette dead in the eyes.

"Terribly." He gave a one syllable response and focused on the teacher. Steve clenched his jaw and did the same. He glanced occasionally at Charlie who never once spared him a glance.

"Charlie.. Hey." Nancy said, walking upto him and Steve outside the class.

"Nance." he smiled.

Nancy and Steve kissed lightly as a greeting and Charlie looked away instinctively. He ignored the light pang in his heart.

"You're coming to Tina's party, right?"
Nancy asked and Steve looked at him expectantly.

"Uh... No." Charlie said, looking amused.

"Why not?" Steve asked.

"Because I hate high-school parties and especially hate my classmates." he replied looking at Steve.

Nancy smiled and Steve gave her an annoyed look.

"You know Billy's gonna be there right?" Nancy asked with a sly smile and Charlie almost choked on air. Steve stared at Charlie who purposely didn't look at him.

"I will think about it..." he replied meekly and quickly changed the subject.

The three of them went to the library. Charlie sat opposite Steve and Nancy. As if on accident, Steve's leg bumped into his. They both glanced at each other shyly and looked away. Nancy was completely oblivious to the two boys stealing glances at one another.

Charlie was trying to focus on his text. Trying being the keyword. Steve was staring into his soul and the air was thick.

Suddenly Charlie's attention shifted from Steve and someone else who just walked in. Billy stood by one of the shelfs and nodded at Charlie to follow him.

The Hopper boy ignored the looks from Steve and Nancy and walked to one fo the more secluded corners of the library.

"Aren't you a sight for the sore eyes?" Charlie smirked.

"Says you." Billy muttered as he quickly pecked Charlie's lips.

They were careful in public settings. But he couldn't help it. Charlie breathed out.

"You're going to the party."
Billy said. It didn't sound like a question.

"No I'm not." Charlie shook his head.

"Yes, you are."

"I don't like parties."

"But you like me... And I'm asking you." Billy placed his hands on Charlie's waist, under his shirt. Charlie almost melted at the gentle touch.

"I know what you're doing. No you absolutely cannot seduce me into coming to this party."
Charlie gulped ad Billy's thumbs ran circles on his waist.

"I never said I play fair." Billy smirked. He leaned forward. His hands running up the hoppers waist. Charlie looked around as his shirt lifted. Billy pinched his waist and he almost yelped.

"God you're insufferable. Fine I'll be there."
Charlie muttered.

Billy laughed. Charlie gave him an annoyed look.

"Don't pout. You look cute when you're flustered." the blonde kissed him lightly on the cheek and walked off.

Charlie smiled and breathed in and out to calm himself. He went back to the table to not find Steve and Nancy there. There books were still there. He sat back and a few minutes later they came back, looking troubled. Charlie didn't inquire.

Steve didn't look at him and Nacy gave him a half smile.

"I guess I'll be at the party after all." Charlie said, lowly.

"Wonder what changed your mind." Nancy smirked and Charlie rolled his eyes.

The Hopper still wasn't sure why he was going to the party in the first place. He did not like Tina or parties or Halloween. But apparently Billy Hargrove had this effect on him.

He didn't bother putting on a costume. He wore black jeans, white T and a black shirt over. Very basic. His hair had a habit of falling onto his forehead no matter how much he tamed them. So he just let it be this time. Hopper agrred to let Charlie go because his son was finally getting out of the house often.

Charlie knew high-school parties were crazy but this was on another level. He didn't even half the people there and he doubted if even Tina did. But she had done a good job with the arrangements.

His eyes scanned the area and found people cheering someone around the keg stand. Of course it was Billy Hargrove. Charlie crossed his arms and watched as Billy got off the stand. He took a cigarette from a redhead standing next to him. The girl seductively ran her hand over his chest.

Charlie wanted drag Billy away from there but he controlled himself. He took a couple of breathes and walked inside hoping to catch Billy later.

"Charlie, you made it!" a drunk and slurring Nancy Wheeler threw herself at him.

"Yeah..."he said holding her tight and keeping them both standing. Steve came after her soon enough.

"Harrington." Charlie said gravely. Steve took Nancy's shoulders but she shrugged him off. Something didn't seem right.

"Did you have something to drink?" Nancy asked him and Charlie shrugged.

"I just got here." He saw Billy walking into one of the bathrooms and immediately said
"I will catch you later... Okay.."

Without waiting for a response he walked away from them and after Billy. Something felt off.

Charlie opened the bathroom door and froze. Billy was with same redhead he saw near the keg stand. They were kissing. They were all over each other. A surge of anger and pain shot through Charlie. He walked in and ripped Billy off her.

"What the fuck?" the girl exclaimed.

"Get the fuck out."Charlie snapped. The obviously high girl huffed and walked out.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Charlie turned to Billy.

There was something different in the blonde's eyes. Something unknown, something Charlie couldn't understand.

"I'm having some fun, Hopper. Isn't that what parties are all about?" Billy shrugged and leaned against the sink.

Charlie frowned with confusion.

"What about us?"

"Us?" Billy laughed as if the idea of them was amusing to him. "There is no us. Look it was fun but I'm bored now."

"I don't believe you." Charlie shook his head and took a step back. "What happened Billy?"

"I'm not a fag like you....Hopper." Billy glared.

It was Charlie's turn to laugh.

"Yeah that was established the 10 times we fucked-" Charlie was cut off by Billy grabbing his jacket and slamming him against the door.

"Ugh... Fuck you." Charlie groaned and struggled against the blonde's grip.

"If you say a word....to anyone... I will..." Billy said each word low and deadly.

"Kill me?" Charlie asked, tears escaping his eyes despite his will. Billy froze, for a second there was vulnerability in his eyes. And Charlie quickly caught on, like always.

"Your dad." Charlie muttered, the realization hitting him.
"He knows...about us... Is that why you're doing this."

Tears filled Billy's eyes and his grip loosened.
Charlie closed his eyes, more tears spilling.

"That is why you're doing this." he said now sure of it.

"He will kill me. He will destroy you." Billy whispered.

"I asked you..." Charlie whispered.

"I asked you not to hurt me. You couldn't just talked to me and I would've left you alone." his voice quivered.

"Charlie-" Billy started.

"You said you'd never hurt me again." Charlie said with closed eyes. He didn't even want to look at the other.

"Charlie-"

"Don't say my name." Charlie abruptly pushed Billy off him.

"You did this so I would hate you, right?" Charlie spoke nodding to himself.

"Well now I hate you. Don't even try to come near me again." He walked backwards.

"I hate you." he muttered one last time and walked out slamming the door behind him.

The party was raging outside. Charlie felt his heart grow heavier by minute. He wanted to forget about everything. His eyes wandered about the room. He saw what seems to be some kind of alcoholic drink in a giant jar.

Without another he started drowning it. He threw back cup after cup until everything got hazy. Everything swam in front of him. Charlie decided to walk off and he accidentally bumped into someone.

"Watch where you're going... Fag!!!"

"I'm not a fag like you."

Charlie didn't even realize it was Tommy. H when swung. He couldn't hear anything except Billy's words echoing in his head. Tommy was on the floor and Charlie kicked him in the stomach. The party paused.

He was about to hit again when someone grabbed his waist and pulled him away from the scene.

"I'm going to kill you... You son of a bitch!" Charlie shouted as firm hands dragged him away.

"Calm down, Charlie. Hey?" It was Steve. He turned the Hopper around to face him. Charlie almost stumbled and leaned against a car.

"Let me go Harrington!" Charlie tried to walk away but Steve gripped both his wrist and held him there.

"Alright stop!"

He got a good look at the boy. His face was sweaty and his eyes were red and puffy. His gaze was unclear. Steve slowly releases his wrist and held the Hoppers' face his hands.

"Charlie, are you drunk?"

Charlie raised his hand and brought his index finger and thumb close to one another. He looked at Steve through the small space between them with a pout.

"Never mind. Come on, I will take you home." Steve sighed.

Charlie shook his head side to side.

"I have a car...I'm going home to my dad... And my sister..." He took out his keys.

Steve frowned. As far as he knew Charlie didn't have a sister, she died years ago.

"No. You can't drive like this and your dad won't be happy to see you in this state."

Charlie pouted and tried to walk away.
Steve held his shoulder and said

"If you don't want to me take you and I can ask Hargrove instead."

As much as Steve would hate to talk to the boy, he would if it meant Charlie would get home safely. To his surprise, Charlie laughed in a cruel way.

"No,no,no,...he's probably busy fucking the first skirt that throws herself at him."

Steve frowned. Suddenly the drinking, the red and eyes and burst of anger all started to make sense.

"Let me take you home." Steve said calmly. Ignoring the protests, he helped Charlie into his car.

Steve kept looking over at Charlie, who was staring out of the window and sniffling. He was crying, only a little, but he was. They reached the Harrington's house.

"Thsi isn't my home." Charlie said as Steve helped him out of the car.

"It's mine. You should stay here for the night."

Steve helped Charlie upstairs. Charlie sat on the bed and Steve took of his own jacket and tried to take Charlie's off.

"I feel sick." Charlie groaned. He pushed Steve away lightly and went into the restroom then retched.

The Burnette followed him and rubbed his back comfortingly.

"It's okay." He muttered as Charlie threw up again.

He carefully helped the drunk boy up and washed his mouth and face. Charlie threw off his jacket and washed his face over and over. Steve stood by, making sure he didn't trip or faint.

Charlie leaned against the sink, breathing heavily. He covered his face with one hand and broke down. He couldn't hold it in anymore. He collapsed to the floor and Steve kneeled beside him.

"What's wrong, Charlie?" He asked, a little frantic, squeezing his shoulder.

Charlie couldn't reply. The initial shock had worn off and the hurt caught upto him. He could only wrapped his arms around Steve's waist and sob into his chest. Steve immediately wrapped his arms around the boy. He held him tight and rocked a little.

"It's okay, just let it out. I got you." Steve muttered. "I got you." he repeated kissing his hair.

They stayed like that for a long time. Charlie stopped crying but he stayed in Steve's arms.

"Let's get you to bed? You need to sleep."

Charlie didn't say anything. Steve took him back to bed and laid him down. He pulled the blanket upto the others boy's neck and ran his hands through his hair.

"I will be on that chair, in case you feel sick again, just wake me up, yeah?" Steve said and was about to walk away. But Charlie held his wrist and said

"Stay...please."

Steve breathed out. He carefully got into bed with Charlie. And they lied side by side in silence. Steve's mind was buzzing.

Nancy Wheeler

Billy Hargrove

Charlie Hopper

Nancy called him bullshit. She didn't love him. It hurt at first but he was also kind of relieved. That was worse. Nancy didn't love him but did he lover her? He used to. He really loved her for a long time, when did that change?

Steve felt an arm crawl around his waist and Charlie nuzzled his face into his neck and Steve felt his heart skip a beat. He tilted his head slightly and placed a gentle kiss on the dark haired boy's forehead.

He thought distantly, that maybe, everything was working out in their favor. Just maybe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 3.7K 46
a story where an unlovable girl learns what it means to love and be loved. {oc x dustin henderson} {oc x eleven hopper} {disclaimer: I do not own st...
4M 104K 42
"Two damaged people trying to heal each other is love." He mumbled. In which a boy that came from an abusive home fell in love with a girl who felt l...
117K 3K 19
[COMPLETED] tw: mentions of suicide, self harm, swearing, and sexual activity everybody wants to change the world, but no one wants to die. what if...
278K 6K 16
the cliche bad boy and popular boy... with a plot twist(?) [stranger things, steve harrington x billy hargrove] lowercase intended