Monster King

By TheFallenRavens

It had been seven years since Nyx brutally stab his classmate. His family blamed it on his father's blood, cl... More

Chapter 1 - The Monster
Chapter 2 - Urban Exploration
Chapter 3 - The Red Calender
Chapter 4 - The Black Sea
Chapter 5 - My bloods still red
Chapter 6 - Molly
Chapter 7 - The Pharaohs cat
Chapter 8 - Molly's gift
Chapter 9 - Regret
Chapter 10 - We made out in the woods?
Chapter 11 - Aunt Boa
Chapter 12 - Family
Chapter 13 - Monster lane
Chapter 14 - Osiris
Chapter 15 - The girl with red eyes
Chapter 16 - The past
Chapter 17 - The monsters heart
Chapter 18 - Monsters
Chapter 19 - Memories
Chapter 20 - Nick wants to fight, again...
Chapter 21 - Learning curves
Chapter 22 - Hades History
Chapter 23 - Fish bowl wars!
Chapter 24 - Curses
Chapter 25 - You're only human
Chapter 26 - The laughter of insanity
Chapter 27 - Shattering
Chapter 28 - My little brother
Chapter 29 - Casey's Glitties!
Chapter 30 - The broken hearted
Chapter 31 - The rythem of the soul
Chapter 32 - To be king
Chapter 33 - The white fist
Chapter 34 - Chaotic good
Chapter 35 - Karma
chapter 36 - Leaving you alone
Chapter 37 - The Monster King
Chapter 38 - The Wolf king
Chapter 39 - Orion's Library
Chapter 40 - Rejection
Chapter 41 - Selfish curse
Chapter 42 - Legends
Chapter 43 - Vampire's and Werewolves
Chapter 44 - Hell
Chapter 45 - Meeting of the Guild masters
Chapter 46 - Emotional Support ghost
Chapter 47 - Snake tracks
Chapter 48 - The thing of many faces
Chapter 49 - Tower of monster's
Chapter 50 - Goodbye Monster
Chapter 51 - Frozen solid
Chapter 52 - I don't remember you
Chapter 53 - Death siblings
Chapter 55 - Uncomfortable
Chapter 56 - Connections
Chapter 57- Novas heart
Chapter 58 - Nova vs the Pack
Halloween special: Bills house
Chapter 59 - Lonely Heroes
Chapter 60 - Monsters Kingdom
Chapter 61 - Karma's balance
Chapter 62 - The real me
Chapter 63 - The Bakenekos gift
Chapter 64 - Japan's Guardian
Chapter 65 - Kuchisake-onna
Chapter 66 - Goddess of death
Chapter 67 - Killers hands
Chapter 68 - Cats and Snakes
Chapter 69 - Serpens Caput
Chapter 70 - Visiting Nova
Chapter 71 - Novas pride
Chapter 72 - Alone
Chapter 73 - Retry
Chapter 74 - Parenting
Chapter 75 - Prince of Darkness
Chapter 76 - Fearful Venture
Chapter 77 - Snatch

Chapter 54 - Welcome to japan

5 1 0
By TheFallenRavens

My eyes were locked onto the silver eyes that rested behind the rim of my sister's sophisticated glasses. Her skin wasn't as dark as mine though, she looked a lot more like Nick. Then my eyes trailed back to the empty arm sleeve that swayed in the wind. I wonder if that's because of her curse, or did something else happen to her?

"Ummm, yeah, nice to meet you too, or whatever." I said and looked away from her.

"It's been too long!" Boa cheered.

I looked back over and saw Boa practically leap into my sister's arm. Who picked Boa up and spun her around. It was weird, if I didn't know better I'd say they were sisters. But I know better, Boas a freaking Yokai coming back home...

"Boa, have you been taking care of yourself?" My sister asked and set her down, giving Boa a focused look.

Boa chuckled nervously. "Of course, whatever do you mean?"

"Been going home with less men? Actually drinking water and not alcohol?" She asked.

Boas face went red. "I ummm..."

Wow, was this someone in my family that's actually responsible!? It's so weird that she's not weird! She's missing an arm, but she dresses formal! She's getting on Boa for being a degenerate! Maybe this will workout great! I have a lot of faith in this.

....

Himitsu laughed hysterically as she downed another bottle of her blueberry sake. Boa had her arms wrapped around her and was drowning herself with another bottle as well. While I just sank back into my seat. Glancing around the small bar with people who weren't even remotely close to being as loud as our table. Great, I go to a foreign country and the only English speakers I have are getting piss drunk...

"Boa-san! You should get yourself a man like my Hana-chan!" Himitsu giggled. "So you can drink all you want! And he'll take care of you."

That sounds so unhealthy...

Boa started to sniffle. A purple snake suddenly slithered out from her sleeve and licked the brimming tears from her eyes.

"I had that! But I threw it away for stupid pointy ears." She whined.

She suddenly slammed her face on the table and I protectively grabbed my plate of dumplings. No way I'm letting her stupid ruin the only good thing I've got going. Thomas scooted back on my shoulder and I gently patted him.

"It's okay bud, she's just a degenerate." I assured him.

"Why are you so mean to me!?" Boa cried into the table.

"Because you're an idiot..." I mumbled.

"Hey! I can already see you're gonna be a handful." My sister said and pointed a bottle at me.

"Orion, I'm sorry!" Boa cried into the table again. "The elf wasn't even good! You were better!"

Himitsu looked at me with a very confident smile. Then she leaned into Lux.

"Don't worry, I'm a therapist." She said and looked at Boa.

She stared at her for a moment, then loudly burped into her ear. Which made Boa cry harder and shake. My sister just stared at her for a bit, then gently played with her hair.

"Now, tell me how that made you feel." She asked, and Boas' only response was crying.

Hhhhmm, if I steal the bracelet I can totally go home. I looked back to the two and saw Himitsu was still petting depressed Boa, but was now trying to fill a shot glass. And was doing the worst possible job. I lowered my mask and ate my last dumpling, then reached over to steal the bracelet from Boa. I'll try again for mental health next year.

Just before I grabbed it I sensed a new soul entering. I immediately opened up my soul and checked there's and for the first time in my life, I felt a true emotional connection. This void of self hate was consuming them, disappointment in themselves, distaste for their own looks, and a never ending spiral of expectations. If anything they should've been my brother.

The new soul came around the corner and I watched them approach our table. His fluffy black hair bounced as he walked, even with his ponytail it still failed to keep the rest of his locks still. While his bangs draped over a white cat mask that had shining golden trim on it. He was in a tracksuit and wearing slides. With this black box on his back that reminded me of the box food deliveries carried.

He surprisingly stopped at our table and looked towards the ladies. I figured Boa ordered something so she could eat away at her sadness. However, once he arrived his emotions changed. There was this sense of love and care. This overwhelming need to protect and coddle. I watched him carefully as he looked at Himitsu. Who was too busy missing her shot glass with her Sake to notice.

Then suddenly this wave of agitation swept over him.

"Aho." He said.

It seems like he's familiar with my sister. Maybe he knows her?

"Hey, ummm, do you happen to speak English?" I asked.

He turned toward me and nodded.

"Yes, are you Himitsus Kyoudai?" He asked.

"Uh, don't know what that means, but sure."

"I'm Hana, Himitsus' boyfriend." He said.

He casually leaned down and picked up Boa, then carefully laid her on top of his food box. Then he carefully reached over and picked Himitsu up like a princess. She groaned and gently slapped his chest.

"Anata wa Osoi, Hana-chan." Himitsu said and pouted.

"Tsuiteikenai yo, baka."

"Kimi wa metcha ijiwarui!" She then puckered her lips. "Seppun?"

He leaned in and kissed her with the lips of his mask and she started to whine. "Sōiu imi janai!"

He just reached out and ran his fingers through her hair. Not even attempting to respond.

"Follow me, I'll guide us home." He said and started to walk.

While Himitsu curled into Hana-chan like a sleeping cat. Then he just started to walk out of the bar. I looked back toward Thomas who just nuzzled me.

"Here we go I guess.." I said and followed after him.

I still wasn't used to how closed in the streets were here. This place was just really claustrophobic. People were inches from me at any given moment, the shops were just a mere step away along everywall. I really wish I was alone again with the Sakura trees. Maybe I could sketch them tomorrow. I tried to just not think about all the people and focused on Hana. No one around seemed to care or question what he was doing. Then again this was the bar area, I'm sure they're used to drunks being carried like luggage. However, I did get a couple stares as I walked down the streets. I wondered at first if they knew what exactly I was. But then I remembered I'm probably the first Egyptian they've seen.

Man I hate people, all their eyes on me. I took a breath and just tried to keep my mind on non hateful things. Thankfully our travels weren't filled with just walking. Hana would stop and make deliveries to different buildings. The interesting part though, was these little cat paws I noticed coming out of his bag. At first I thought I was seeing things. But after the third stop I definitely wasn't imagining it. There was something in that bag.

"Hana, is there...something in your bag?" I asked.

"Hai, it's my familiar." He said.

Yeah, of course he's magical...

"What is it? If you don't mind me asking?"

"It's...complicated." He said. "But it's a Neko."

Wow, he really should just be my brother...

"Oh, just like-"

A shiver ran down my spine as I felt the eyes of something on me. I stopped walking and turned back, but saw nothing there.

"Everything alright?" He asked.

I stared off at the alleys and the road, but still, nothing was there.

"Yeah, we're good." I said and faced forwards again.

Thomas'shair stood up on end and he stared off at something every so often. I tried to ignore it for a while, cuz of course spirits are here. I didn't feel like getting trauma dumped, however, these eyes weren't different spirit's looking. It was the same one, following us, block after block, delivery after delivery, it was definitely on purpose.

I took a breath and opened my soul just slightly and immediately a rush of cold air ensnared me. My body shook and images flashed into my head. There was a woman in a kimono, then a woman in normal clothes at a hairdressers, then a woman looking at herself in a mirror. They all looked exactly the same, yet I could tell they were from completely different eras in life. My scar began to tingle and it was like hands were gently caressing my very soul.

"Do you think I'm beautiful?" A whisper came into my ear.

I turned back, and this time I did see something. It was a woman in an alleyway. She was absolutely breathtaking, her obsidian locks shined without any light needing to illuminate it. Her skin was clear and blemishless while also having a figure of an hourglass. But the only odd thing about her was the surgical mask that covered her lips.I stopped walking and stared at her. And she stared right back at me. I blinked and suddenly her clothes changed. Her original light brown trench coat transformed into a blood stained kimono. In her once empty hands now we're a pair of silver scissors that were now dripping blood.

Was this? The Slit mouth woman? I went to open my mouth, but Thomas suddenly bit my ear and I yelped.

"Ah! Dammit! What the hell th-!"

I stopped yelling as the shivering weight of the cold air vanished. Just like the women in the alley did.

"What just happened...?" I mumbled.

"Nyx, are you sure you're okay?" Hana asked.

I turned back to him and just nodded. "Yeah, sorry, spirits ya know? Got a lot of weird ones here."

He nodded. "Well our house is protected, I don't have any more stops. So we can go home faster."

I nodded. "Yeah, let's do that."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 126K 36
I'd Like to think I was a good person, before it all began. I didn't cheat on tests, or steal. But throughout my entire life, I was treated if I wer...
647 30 8
••• (Your P.O.V.) ••• Three years ago, I lost my sight in a car accident. Both of my parents were killed in the process, leaving me parentless. I was...
174K 8.6K 54
"Ahhh!!!" The man's body falls to the floor limp and I fall to the floor out of terror, "Why are you screaming? I saved you from being raped." I loo...
1K 250 23
Samantha never thought that her life would turn into something she doesn't believe in. A life she never imagined to be. But who knows? Only the might...