Once Upon a Time (A Rusame St...

By ZC_AceWolf

"I cant control Switzerland's power like he can. I cant single out one persons thoughts, and even knowing tha... More

Prologue
Character notes
Chapter 1: 7am
Chapter 2:Fists
Chapter 3: Hatred
Chapter 4: Roomates
Chapter 5: The Note
Chapter 6: Bruised and Broken
Chapter 7: The Big Day
Chapter 8: Side Effects
Chapter 9: EU?!
Character 10: Blinded Fate
Chapter 11: Stolen
Chapter 12: The Bully
Chapter 13: The Search
Chapter 14: Only Room For One
Chapter 15: Powers?
Chapter 16: Wings Of Gold
Chapter 17: Dark and Deadly
Chapter 18: War
Chapter 19: Broken Hearts
Chapter 20: Hangover
Chapter 22: Shadows
Chapter 23: Smoke & Fire
Chapter 24: Savior
Chapter 25: Ready, Set, Go!
Chapter 26: A Cold Revenge
Chapter 27: Britain?
Chapter 28: Principal's Office
Chapter 29: Love & Hate
Chapter 30: Challenge
Chapter 31: Healed
Chapter 32
Extra: Thanksgiving eve
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39: Back Again?
Chapter 40: So Cold... :o
Chapter 41: I'll Help You
Chapter 42: Love
Chapter 43: Clinging to Life
Chapter 44: Help Me
InterChapter: Home?
Chapter 45: Find Me
Chapter 46: Do You?
Chapter 47: Save Me
Chapter 48: What's This Feeling?
Chapter 49: Toxic
Chapter 50: Blade of Languages
COTM & Quick Write
COTM Art
Chapter 51: Danger
Chapter 52: What's The EUC?
Chapter 53: Figures
Chapter 54: Stories
Chapter 55: A Plan
Chapter 56: So much going on-
Thanksgiving Eve; PT.2
Chapter 57; A plan to start
Chapter 58; It's Almost Time
Chapter 59; A light in the Darkness
Chapter 60; No One Wins
Chapter 61; Back to Normal..?

Chapter 21: Someone's to Blame

120 7 1
By ZC_AceWolf

Germany

The plan was to meet up at the deadly tree when the sun was at its highest point. I looked to the sky.

"What do you think, Jade, highest point?" She yipped.

"Huh, how come you are the only shadow that can speak?" She looked at me and yipped, her emerald eyes turned gold as she looked up to the sky.

"Time to head to the tree, eh?" She looked back at me, and barked. Slowly we started walking towards the tree.

"You know, it's nice to have someone around all the time, even though you can't speak." Jade walked with me, prancing and yipping along the way. Once I saw the tree, I leashed her back to me. Her yipping became a quiet whisper. I silently moved into the bushes as I heard the whisper of people talking.

"I WILL NOT WORK WITH THIS BASTARD!" One of them yelled

"YEAH! WHY THE HELL WOULD I WORK WITH A TRAITOR?!" Another said

"You two have to calm down. There is a threat to us, if you two can't work together, the students will take us down. Now, where is Germany?" Another said in a softer tone.

"What if he decided to actually fight against us?!" the first guy spoke.

"He wouldn't, we were able to get his best friend to leave, and now he thinks it was the top five for it." I was shocked. Slowly I backed out of the bushes, away from them.

"Jade, come on!" I whispered and she followed me out. Once I was far enough away, I whistled for my phoenix shadow. It flew down and picked me up. I whistled again as Jade spread out her wings,

"Let's get going, Shumi, Take us to the school." My phoenix, Shumi quickly flew up, Jade following right behind, Shumi veered sharply to the left almost shaking me off. Within minutes we were at the school, I heard the screams of students as the big shadow covered them. I swooped down and landed, Jade next to me. Quickly I got off of the Phoenix and he dispersed into little flakes which disappeared moments later. I looked around at the students, then I continued walking towards the building. Once I got to the doors, I opened them and walked inside letting them close behind me. Jade shifted through them like nothing was there in her way. I quickly walked through the school to the dorm side of the school, Once there I stood still.

"Jade, can you help me find them?" She looked at me and yipped.

"You remember what they look like?" She yipped again, Quickly she ran off, shifting through many walls.

"Jade! I can't go through walls, show me where they are in a path where you don't shift through anything!" She reappeared and started running through the halls, me on her heels. Finally after about 10 minutes, she came to a stop in front of the dorm room #278.

"Okay, let's see, Jade." I knocked on the door, and it opened to show Russia. Russia quickly grabbed me and pulled me inside. Jade ran over to attack the Russian, but Japan and Egypt grabbed her.

"What the hell are you doing here, Germany?" Russia yelled in my ear.

"Breathe!" I tried while Russia held my throat, Jade tried fighting, but she couldnt get free. Russia moved his hand, now holding me by the chest. Damn it, just shift through them, Jade!

"Answer the damn question." He spoke again.

"I'm here to warn you." Russia laughed a stone cold, fake laugh

"Why would you help us?" I looked past him to see Jade shifting out of their grasp. It's too late.. I don't need to lose their trust now...

"Jade! No!" She quickly stopped before she could pounce on Russia's back.

"Russia, I am sorry for what I did to you, but a bigger danger is coming after you and the rest of the school. I am trying to help fight them, but I cant do it all on my own." Suddenly America lifted his head.

"Gah, I still have a headache. Hi Germany!" He spoke before Egypt shushed him and made him lay back down. Mexico and Switzerland bowed their heads and then walked towards the door.

"A whole party in here?" I jokingly asked,

"Shut it, Germany." Russia spoke

"We don't trust you, just know that." I nodded while trying to pry his hand off.

"Mexico, Switzerland, we can talk later. For now, you should go." Mexico and Switzerland both nodded and walked out. I quickly moved out of Russia's reach and backed up to the door. Russia looked at me death in his eyes.

"I swear! I'm not here to fight you!" I tried as Russia took more steps closer to me.

"Russia, leave him alone, he isn't lying when he says he is here to help." Russia grunted at the Egyptian.

"Of fucking course he isnt. Lie detector." Russia snarled towards Egypt.

"I wish to help you. I know you still don't trust me, but I will try." Egypt nodded

"Truth." Kazakhstan's wings tightened against his back and Japan gripped his sword tighter while Egypt held his cane calmly. Russia tightened his fists.

"If you make me believe for a second that you are not on our side, I won't hesitate to snap you in half." I nodded, not too worried. I've beaten you before, I can do it again if I have to.

"Now, explain to us what you heard and why you are here." Russia said, his voice dripping in venom. I slowly walked over to the couch that America was on and sat down, showing my hands the entire way. Jade jumped onto the couch and curled up with America, I quickly waved my hand towards her and she gained colors, and nice warm fur. She yipped, happy to be real instead of black and a shadow.

"Only for a bit, jade. This takes a lot of my energy." Russia brought a stool over and sat down.

"Talk." he said, short. I watched America and Jade with interest. Jade was curled up next to America, and America's arm had moved to lay on top of her.

"Germany. You should probably start speaking before Russia ends you." I looked at Japan.

"Russia doesn't scare me. None of you do." Egypt shivered.

"He isnt... He isnt lying..." They all stared at me except for America who was Sleeping.

"Okay. Talk." Russia said again.

"EU, UN, Soviet Union, Third Reich and someone else are teaming up to take down the top five." Russia nodded.

"Continue." I explained to Russia the whole story and the rest of them nodded. Soon I felt a little woozy.

"Gah, is the room spinning to you?" I asked, swaying.

"Germany, you are out of energy." Egypt said pointing at Jade. I looked at Jade and touched her.

"Sorry girl." I placed my hand on her flank, and her colors started draining out of her, as I gained them back the world stopped spinning. Suddenly Egypt and Japan gasped.

"What?" I asked them, and Egypt pointed to my arm, I looked down to see my Arm was shadowed, it quickly waved over to my body, then finally to my other arm. Then I was human again.

"That's new." I said looking at my hands

"So that has never happened before?" I shook my head. Jade got up and moved over to me, she laid against my leg and stayed there. I continued looking at my hands when suddenly America got up.

"DON'T TRY DOING THAT AGAIN!" he screamed at me, Jade immediately jumped up, startled at America's sudden screaming

"Whoa america!" Kazakhstan said, lightly grabbing America's shoulders.

"Germany! Don't try going shadow again! It'll go very wrong!" I looked at America

"What-?" America looked at me, scared.

"Do it only outside until you can control it!" I nodded

"Okay, I won't." I said simply. Russia looked at me

"You are a weird one." I looked at him and nodded.

"Now, What is the plan? What are we going to do about the lost ones?" Egypt looked at me

"Lost ones?" He asked about the name.

"The evil ones, lost ones, Bad ones, Whatever you want to call them!" Egypt nodded

"I think we should attack them head on." Russia said

"No, Russia. Germany, you should continue going to the meetings and then come back here and tell us what is going on. The school already knows something is up, UN has not been at school for days and EU hasnt come back. So maybe we will have some time to gather a band of students to lead into war against these... Intolerables." Egypt said the last word slowly, making every syllable sound long and cold.

"If I die, It is your fault." I said to the Egyptian

"You can almost take down Russia, you shouldn't die. Just lie well. Now, Off you go. We will tell you the plan when you return back to us." I looked at Egypt.

"I am not afraid of death, It is just a mere crack in my long journey to come. Goodbye for now, Laushni's" I said while walking out.

"Laushni's?" America spoke this time.

"A made up word that the Lost ones named you as." I said while leaving the dorm.

"Jade, come on." Jade quickly hopped up, licking America on the face before prancing over to me.

"I will come at moon high tomorrow night, either you be awake, or i will awaken you." I swiftly turned around and walked through the hallways. It was dusk and the hallways were empty with the slightest exception of a kid every now and then. Once I got outside I looked at my hands.

"Jade, do you think I can be a shadow as well?" I asked her once I had gotten to an open spot of concrete. She answered with silence, her tail swishing back and forth. I quickly whistled and Shumi appeared, he swooped down and grabbed me. I kept thinking to myself about the shadows of me when suddenly Shumi Screached, I quickly looked up to see he had a net around his face. I then realized that he couldn't shift through it otherwise he would drop me

"SHUMI! LAND!" I yelled through the chaotic bird cries. Shumi quickly dipped down and landed on a tree branch. I started untying the net when I heard a voice

"Germany, where were you?" I looked back to see Nazi.

"I have no reason to explain to you. You have no right to force me to say anything." I spoke, steadily.

"Germany..." This time a voice I didn't recognize spoke.

"China." I said once I saw his face. The red country had joined the lost ones.

"Now, Tell us where you were or we will have to take... another approach." Nazi said.

"Why do you care?" I asked, looking down at the two.

"You missed the meeting at the tree." Shumi cawed as he flew me down to the forest floor.

"I forgot." I said simply while walking away.

"It seems you don't want to do this the easy way, too bad. China." Nazi spoke looking at china. Suddenly China's eyes whitened out.

"I have studied your power, China. It is of no use to me, It will only hurt you." China's eyes quickly flickered back to yellow,

"His mind is full of thorny bushes, I can't get past them to take control.." He said, looking at me in awe.

"I will see you at the next meeting, Nazi. It is at Sun high tomorrow at the dead tree. Nazi stared at me, hatred and anger filled his gaze.

"Fine. Germany. See. You. There." And with that, I walked off.

"Jade, there is something off about everyone here..." As I walked through the dark woods, the sounds of birds and cicada's made the woods lively. I looked up to see the stars glittering across the sky like fish to the sea.

"Ahhhh" I sighed, breathing in the air of the woods.

"Look at it, Jade... Look at the beauty... The forest, feel the earth under your feet. So calming..." Jade looked up at the sky with me and suddenly she started growing, I watched her grow and grow, when suddenly shadows covered her. I quickly ran into the shadows and reached out for her

"JADE!" I screamed out, I could hear her bark through the shadows so I tried fighting my way through. "JADE PLEASE!" I called out again when suddenly I was thrown out of the shadows, hitting my back on a tree. I got up while fighting for breath.

"Jade!..." I called out. Then the shadows disappeared, revealing a beautiful white creature that looked like Jade. It looked over at me. Its jade eyes glowing blue with the night sky. The tips of its ears were as blue as the sky during the day and the fur on its chest was puffy. Its wings were dotted with blues like stars in the sky.

"Jade? Is that... you??" I asked, nervously. It quickly barked the same lovely bark as jade, and ran over to me. I quickly wrapped my arms around the fluffy creature, its warmth seeping into me like a fire.

"I love you so much, Jade!" I whispered in her ear, and her feathery tail whipped back and forth in a showing of her happiness.

"Don't ever leave me." She quietly laid down, growing to a size bigger than me.

"You're a big dog!" I laughed as I laid against her belly.

"Goodnight, girl." I said drifting off into a deep sleep under the starry blue sky.

________________________________

Spell Check(s):

2289 words

Funny number, anywho, about 2 more chapters to post thati have writen

3/31/23 Rewrite:

My birthday is in eight days :)

-Ace

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

740 55 9
The tall tale of the later hardships faced by "the gifted child". As Russia ages, he finds his life dulling because he has nothing to live for. He ha...
1.6K 43 22
My first book, I'm kinda experimenting around. I'm not making a serious story or anything, if you're gonna read this you can. Warning: may include so...
33K 1.2K 22
America and Russia had been dating for a while now, Russia had been planning to purpose to his boyfriend until the unexpected happened. America had g...
2.2K 106 16
The British family were having the great time as they lived. Everything was filled with joy and happiness. Until this one very Frightening event came...