Welcome to Top Gun

By brookejrogers

Top Gun imagines and oneshots. Just like we like 'em. ≪◦ ❈ ◦≫ Characters used: - Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw ... More

Introduction
Take me to Valhalla - Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw
Bullseye - Pete "Maverick" Mitchell
Princess - Tom "Iceman" Kazansky
Don't bet on it - Jake "Hangman" Seresin
Broken world - Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw
Bike and Beach - Pete "Maverick" Mitchell

Under the stars - Tom "Iceman" Kazansky

731 12 0
By brookejrogers

Set: The navy is having a formal party to celebrate a successful mission/ 1986

Word count: 1902

≪◦ ❈ ◦≫

All you can hear are people laughing, the pilots making the same old jokes, admirals looking down at them with the same disappointment.

But somehow, it's still different. Everyone is wearing their white, formal suits. Each navy pilot was allowed to bring a date, the most of which declined the offer.

Instead of beer, there's a glass of whiskey in their hands while they play dart, or poker at the table.

Iceman arrives with his two wingmen, Slider and Cougar, immediately radiating dominance. The few women who are around stare after him as he walks towards Commander Metcalf.

"Evening, sir," he says, giving the commander a cocky smile. Metcalf looks up at the men and nods: "Gentlemen."

After greeting their commander, they head over to the bar, where Goose and his wife are sitting at the counter.

"Goose," Tom says.

"Ice," Goose replies.

The tension between the two is grand, but they're keeping it minimal and at the same time polite. A conversation wouldn't even begin between the two, but Carole had other plans.

"Hey, is Rogue coming?" she asks Iceman, him and her husband both confused that she's talking to him.

"Uh- I think so. I called her," Iceman answers politely.

Carole smiles: "Great, I love that girl." Her cheeks grow rosy as she smiles happily, knowing that her and Rogue are amazing friends.

The music starts playing louder, bringing more and more people to dance. Slider and Cougar both bring their dates there, and Iceman stays back by the bar counter.

He watches his friends dance and laugh, sipping his glass.

Out of the corner of his eye, he catches a glimpse of something blue and turns around to see her.

Your (Rogue's) POV:

My heels click against the concrete floor as I step into the hall, seeing many of my pilot colleagues dance with each other, laughing and having a good time.

I decided to go with the navy's color, wearning a navy blue evening jumpsuit. Which is elegant enough, but it doesn't look like I'm trying too hard.

I let my eyes pass over the people's faces, looking for a specific one that I find, already staring at me.

Smirking, I take long steps towards him and slow down, doing a 360 in front of him before walking up and greeting him with a smile.

"You all alone?" I tease him and he smirks down at me for always trying to annoy him.

"You look good," he changes the subject and I smile up at him, nodding.

"You too."

His smiles grows, leaning down to peck my lips.

"Drink?" he asks me, turning to the bartender and waving at him.

I nod: "Uh- yeah, scotch on the rocks with a twist. Thanks."

I run a hand through my hair and feel Ice staring at me.

"We literally flew a mission together yesterday. You can't possibly miss me that much?" I chuckle and look up at him.

"Oh and how I do," he whispers, leaning down and whispering into my ear, "and tonight I'm not letting you out of my sight."

I blush, grabbing my drink and walking away, towards the others, who are now sitting on some sofas.

Maverick smiles when he sees walk up to them and embraces me in a tight hug.

"How you doin' Rogue? I haven't seen you in ages!" he laughs.

I chuckle and nod: "Yeah, we've had a couple of international missions. How's the bike?"

He smiles: "I honestly can't thank you enough for that one. It's the best one I've had so far."

"Glad to hear it," I smile.

"Rogue!" We suddenly hear a happy shout.

I turn around to see Carole rushing over to me and hugging me.

"Hey!" I laugh, hugging her back. Ice walks over to the sofas and takes a seat next to Cougar and Slider.

"How are you?" I ask, her getting all excited to tell me lots of stuff, "And where's Bradley?"

"Oh we left him with her sister," Goose is suddenly standing next to his wife and rolls his eyes.

I laugh, causing Maverick to come over to us.

"What's so funny?" he leans his arm onto my shoulder.

"Goose here doesn't like Carole's sister," I whisper loudly on purpose, making Mav chuckle, Carole to laugh at Goose and him to give her an innocent look.

Ice watches as we talk, feeling the jealousy inside him grow. But he remembers the moments we've had together. The many times I told him that he was the only one I ever wanted.

How nothing could make me leave him. How we used to lay in his garden, watching the stars glimmer in the night.

And he calms down, letting me have a nice conversation with my friends and him to talk to his.

The sun starts to set, bringing a rose golden light into the hangar. The guys put on their sunglasses, looking as cool as ever.

...

"OH- Y/n! Don't do that, come on, that was savage," Goose laughs at a comment I made about his clothing.

"But it's true!" I defend myself, laughing.

Goose looks over at Maverick for help but he shrugs: "Y/n's right. You do always wear the same shirt."

Carole grins and holds back her laugh. But when she sees me and Maverick bump each other's fist she bursts into laughter, holding onto her husband for support.

"I hope Bradley wears that kind of shirts one day. He'll get all the ladies," I point at Goose, making him smile proudly.

"Right. Well, I need a re-fill. Be right back," I look at my empty glass and walk away towards the bar. Ice watches as I step to the barman, him nodding and walking away to the back room.

I sigh, sit down on one of the chairs, watching my comrades have a great night and smile. When I catch a glimpse of Ice staring at me, I look into his eyes as he stands facing Cougar and Slider.

He smiles at me, making the boys look back at what he's so interested in. I wave to them and they make their way over.

"Hey boys," I smile at them, "how's your night going?"

"Not bad, Rogue, not bad," Cougar gives me a hug.

Ice stands behind me and places his hands onto my shoulders.

"Did Carole find you?" Ice asks, massaging my shoulders.

"Yeah, she was super excited to talk about you, Ice."

Cougar and Slider snicker, walking away and back to their own ladies. Ice sits down in front of me, placing his hands on my thighs.

"Me?"

"Uhuh," I smile, thanking the barman as he gives me my drink, "she wanted to know all about that date we had in december."

Ice smiles and leans forward. He looks deep into my eyes, remembering us walking through the deserted city, ground hidden under snow, lights lit up the night sky as we fell in love.

"Remember the place where you first met me?" I ask, taking a sip of my drink.

Ice nods: "You were standing in a blue dress, talking to Maverick and Goose. When you turned around, I almost had a heart attack. And when they told me you were a pilot too, well then, I knew I would make you mine."

I smile, pressing my lips against his, holding onto his cheeks. Our eyes closed as we embrace the love and warmth we feel for each other. Ice finds himself lingering on my lips, wanting more, needing more.

I press a kiss onto his cheek and pull back, leaning onto the counter, waiting for him to open his eyes as he smiles like a dummy in love.

When he finally does open them, he gives me a grin and hopps off the stool: "Come on, the others are already outsite by the fire."

He offers his hand to me and I grab it, following him out the hangar and into the now darkening day. The sun is setting, people are sitting on chairs, watching the sky turn from orange-lit to sparkly from the stars.

We find and empty spot on a couch and sit down next to each other, Ice putting his arm around my shoulders. I lean my head onto his shoulder while we watch the stars, the fire crackling next to us.

"Hey, uh, Rogue- Psst."

Ice and me turn around to see Maverick calling me. I turn to Ice: "Sorry,"

He nods and I get up from my seat, walking away towards Maverick. He guides me further away from Ice and to the other side of the fire.

"What's up?" I ask. Maverick turns his back to Ice so that he can't read his lips and whispers.

"Don't talk. Just listen, okay? Blink if you understand."

I do and look up at him. Worry starts to grow inside me and I wait for him to continue what he has to say.

"Goose and I were talking, and he made me realize that I should have done this a long time ago," he sighs and I begin to doubt the certainty in his tone.

He sighs again and scratches the back of his neck, most likely to make it seem innocent.

"It was the only way I could talk to you."

"Mav-"

"Goose and I are planning a surprise party for Iceman's birthday and we need your help."

I frown up at him. Then, visibly relaxing I give him a big smile and nod happily.

"Why so undercover, though?" I ask, leaning in and whispering.

"Because Ice doesn't like me and Goose."

"Speak for yourself." I hear Goose say behind me and chuckle.

Mav chuckles and looks back down at me: "Meet me in my hangar on Saturday at 9am. There's some stuff we've gotta buy."

I smile and offer my hand to Maverick, who then shakes it: "Deal, Mav."

Letting go of his hand I walk back to Ice, sit down next to him and immediately kiss him, not letting him ask.

"I can't wait to leave with you," I whisper quietly and peck his lips again, his eyes following me as I do so.

He smiles and pulls me closer to him, wrapping his arms around me.

The fire is still crackling, quieter now as everyone looks up into the sky and sees the twinkling stars in the night.

I lean my head onto Ice's shoulder again and shiver a bit, because the fire is now completely out.

"You cold?" Ice asks, looking down at me.

I nod: "A bit."

"Here," Ice takes off his jacket and wraps it around me, "this will help."

I smile: "Thanks, babe."

He grins back and pecks my lips. We watch the stars and talk to some fellow graduates for the rest of the night, later on leaving and driving back home.

The two of us fell asleep in each other's arms, to the sound of the crashing waves, each other's breathing and light summer rain falling outside.

≪◦ ❈ ◦≫

hope you like this one, Ice is such a better person than they let him beeee

who's your favorite character?

mine is Maverick ofc, but in Top Gun: Maverick, I really like Phoenix

that one badass female lead we all need in our lives

x

Brooke

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 9.6K 44
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
497K 20.4K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
764K 17.3K 46
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
166K 4.9K 51
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...