[SCRAPPED] Rebranded (ONE AU)

By Drowso

One second you're in an alleyway with your friend and a sentient laptop, then the next you're in a dimly lit... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five

Chapter ONE

606 11 51
By Drowso

A green backpack and a red labelled soda bottle walk out of a store, most likely a convenience store, after purchasing a laptop charger. The two head to a nearby café as the smaller of the pair is aware that it has sockets on the walls for them to charge the laptop. Perks of knowing your way around San Francisco I suppose. Both of the males enter and order a simple cup of water while they wait for the laptop to have somewhat of a decent percentage. Once the water arrives, they make a toast about the show they're going to stop. It was a nice moment, nothing could ruin their hard work now. I mean, it has been what? A week or two maybe since the backpack, or Liam, arrived at the taller one's apartment and convinced him to help with the situation, they've been through thick and thin together, what could possibly stop them now?

Their waters were soon finished and the laptop was halfway charged, should be enough to last until they get back to earth. A slight conversation is started up by the soda bottle or otherwise known as Bryce.

B: "We're gonna have to stay out of sight when Texty teleports us to that place. Know anywhere?"

L: "Uh, yeah. It was where I spent my first night back when it hailed and when I first looked at the notes. No-one is around the spot, so it should be safe. I'll bring us to it."

B: "Alright."

The pair continued to walk down the street until Liam stopped at a back alley, puzzling the bottle.

B: "You didn't sleep in a back alley, did you?"

L: "Well-"

B: "You don't need to answer it. But are you sure that no-one will see us?"

Bryce questions as they both walk down the alley and stand beside a bin.

L: "Positive."

And just like that, someone walked out of one of the buildings that had a door leading out to the alley, garbage bag in hand. They didn't pay attention to the two men and continued to throw out their trash before walking back to the building. Bryce looked at Liam.

L: "Wh- They weren't there last time! We're fine!"

B: "I know. Now come on, you wanna go or not?"

Liam takes the laptop out from his side zip and asks Texty to run a command on them, which the text box agrees to do.

L: "Are you ready, Texty?"

T: [Ready when you are.]

L: "After this is finished and we come back to earth again, promise you'll come visit?"

B: "I don't know...Australia seems pretty far away!"

The pair chuckle at Bryce's reference to Liam's lie back at the store before they're interrupted by Texty. They ask if they're ready, to which both of the boys agree to. A countdown is started by the text box but before they could reach one, Bryce disappeared, leaving Liam confused and slightly panicked while he shouted the taller male's name before dissappearing himself, laptop as well. Both are unaware of what happened, one of the two will find themselves in a dark room, only illuminated by something behind him. Bryce stood in the room and was facing some vines by the looks of it. Where's Liam? Where is he? What is this place? How did he get here? What does he do? How does he leave? Soon enough though, his thoughts are stopped once an all too familiar voice speaks.

"Welcome back..Soda Bottle.."

Their voice was dead and monotone, no emotion in it. Bryce knew exactly who it was, he didn't need to turn around to confirm it..but he did, he didn't know what that stupid excuse for a host looked like. So he did turn and was faced with a lantern of sorts. This is what Airy looked like? Is he sitting at a desk with a computer and......the Plane? It was a planet?

B: "Why am I here!?"

A: "You are here..to rejoin my competition called..ONE.."

B: "Yeah, I think I can see that but why ME specifically!?"

A: "You..are here specially to..rejoin my competition called..ONE.."

B: "Okay, this is just like the first day on the Plane again and is getting us nowhere. Send me back, now."

A: "I....can't do that.."

B: "Why not?"

Bryce was beginning to sound more aggressive with every sentence, he was f***ing p*ssed. He had the right to be p*ssed anyways. His own tormentor had brought him to some weird place and wants him to rejoin the f***ing show!? Absolutely not!

A: "Because..there's still to be a rejoiner.."

B: "Are you F***ING STUPID!? SEND ME BACK TO LIAM AND SEND EVERYONE ELSE BACK TOO!"

A: "But..there's still to..be a rejoiner and there's..some eliminations..left.."

The soda bottle's hands ball into fists. He wanted to smash Airy's stupid glass head open right then and there, scattering the shards everywhere upon impact but he couldn't. Did he know how to bring everyone back? No. No he didn't. He didn't know how to deal with Airy and decided that going back to The Waiting Room was his best bet. Least this way, he's with someone he trusts and who probably has a plan. Oh, but he wouldn't be let off the hook so easily. As Bryce turned back around to the vines and began to walk, the lantern moved in front of him, blocking his way. This obviously only p*ssed the bottle off more.

B: "Move."

A: "I can't..let you leave.."

B: "Airy, I said move. Now move."

A: "I knew you..would do this. I can't let you..leave, Soda Bottle. There has to be..someone..who actually wants to compete..that is like you..Someone who has meaning.., someone that's..worth..something. Batch two and..three aren't..like that. I need someone like you..to compete. I'm afraid that..I just don't wanna..risk losing out on..this opportunity..Sorry.."

Conveniently enough, Airy, who knew Bryce wouldn't want to rejoin, placed his axe by the entrance of the cave to prevent the bottle from leaving. Bryce didn't know this. The lantern was just being stared out of it by the soda bottle until he moved. Bryce began to walk out just as Airy moved to the axe. He picked it up quickly and charged towards the bottle. Before Bryce made it past the vines, Airy made a quick swoop to the back of Bryce's "head" and practically "knocked" him out. Now, before taking the swing, Airy made sure that he didn't hit Bryce with the sharp edge of the axe but the back and that caused the loud sound of plastic crumpling to echo throughout the tiny cave. He used the back of the axe as he didn't want to kill the bottle but he may have swung too hard with the dent on the back of Bryce saying otherwise.

A: "Sh*t.."

He wasn't on the Plane so how could Airy revive..or respawn, which he prefers to call it, the damn fella? Should he get a new person instead? Maybe he should..but maybe..just maybe..he could salvage this. He has knowledge on making things from scratch so maybe he could fix this..but that would mean he's already in The Waiting Room, right? Although his body is still here. Airy thinks it's weird. I mean, I think you would as well, like sometimes the body disappears and other times it doesn't. This seems like one of those times. He thinks he can work with that.

The lantern glances over to the Plane before turning back and picking up the body in front of him. He would proceed to bring it to his little cabin and places it on the table near the door. Airy would need lots of supplies for this and he doesn't have nearly any of them here. How would he get them? The computer. That's his one way ticket to getting these things, isn't it? He can use one of the spare planets to spawn in the items and then enlarge them on the planet as well. He'd have everything then. The only problem is, he's not familiar with what he's about to do but he'll just need to go through trial and error. Airy leaves the cabin and heads straight for the cave.

A plug gets pulled out from the Plane and is placed on another planet. That's how he gets the codes and commands to work on the Plane since that wire connects it to the computer. Airy begins to spawn in some basic tools and other supplies, enlarging them and taking them off when the planet can't hold anymore items before they grow. He brought a basket in with him so he could carry all his supplies. It was full to the brim, he'd have to take multiple trips to the cabin and back to get everything ready but this is for a good cause. It's for his own good cause. He wanted real people to compete in his show, willingly and maybe now he's going to get that. He takes his final trip back from the cave.

Airy places the rest of his supplies on the floor with the rest and he looks up at the body that lays on his table. This really only has two outcomes. Everything goes according to plan and Soda Bottle is back and wants to compete or the body gets horribly mangled during the process and it's a lost cause. He'd much rather the first outcome, obviously. But he wouldn't know which one he'd get if he keeps stalling. He sighs.

A: "Should start on..this..Better sooner..than later.."

And just like that, Airy begun his work. To do what he was about to do is going to take up lots of time but if he can spend ten years learning code on a computer to host a show that basically no-one wants to be in, he can spend as much time as necessary on this.

The first thing the lantern did was examine Bryce's label, the pattern and colours. He could get a better look at it if he removed it but he couldn't find the seem of where it would be glued so that idea was thrown out of the window. He could see the label clear enough and it was red with darker red spots on it but the red seemed...a bit dull to Airy. Maybe brighter colours would help. The cap was the next thing Airy looked at. He tried to see if it could screw off and sure enough, it did. He already knew what he would do with the cap but the next thing is what troubled him. The plastic. Soda Bottle is, well, a soda bottle after all so he's bound to be made of plastic but it wasn't exactly what Airy needed for this. This wouldn't actually be a problem for the lantern as he had thought ahead while getting his supplies.

A: "Let's hope everything goes to plan.."

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

[𝙰𝚄𝙳𝙸𝙾 𝙻𝙾𝙶 𝙾𝙽𝙴]

𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚘..𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚕𝚢..𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚖𝚢 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚒𝚜...𝙰𝚡𝚎𝚕 𝚘𝚛 𝚊𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠...𝙰𝚒𝚛𝚢.. 𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚊 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍..𝙾𝙽𝙴.. 𝚄𝚗𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚞𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢..𝚗𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘..𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚎𝚝𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝..𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗..𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝.. 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊..𝚛𝚎𝚓𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘..𝚞𝚑𝚖, 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚙.. 𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚞𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎..𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚏𝚏..𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚞𝚝..𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙..𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜.. 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚞𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚘𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝙸'𝚟𝚎..𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚍..

[𝙴𝙽𝙳 𝙾𝙵 𝙰𝚄𝙳𝙸𝙾 𝙻𝙾𝙶 𝙾𝙽𝙴]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.8M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
359K 12.3K 74
𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝐨𝐧𝐞. gilmore girls universe. π™š | B L U E Λ–βΊβ€§β‚ŠΛšβ™‘Λšβ‚Šβ€§βΊΛ– ─── blue eyes like the sea on a cold, rainy day ❝ π˜‰π˜“π˜œπ˜Œ π˜Œπ˜ π˜Œπ˜‹ π˜‰π˜Œπ˜ˆπ˜œπ˜›οΏ½...
42.7K 1.3K 87
Tokaku Azuma is a 17-year-old teenage girl who was raised in the Azuma family, a family with an ancient assassin bloodline. She is an orphan as her f...
1K 65 14
Decided to make a new book for my arts to post here :3