despair - h.hyunjin ★

By bunsyy_

after years of chasing him, she gives up. [started: jan '22] hyunjin x reader #1 in skz #1 in ff #1 in skzhyu... More

intro
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47 (final)

chapter 37

6K 152 180
By bunsyy_

y/n pov

i sighed in relief, "aish whats with that face? you scared me for a second"

he giggled, "well, should we get something to eat then? i think theres some stuff in the kitchen" i asked. he agreed and we started walking downstairs to the kitchen. after looking around for a bit, we found quite enough snacks to eat while watching a movie atleast. he didn't wanna stay up very late because we had school tomorrow and i have a test.

as we were about to pack everything up in a plastic bag and take it upstairs, hyunjin stepped in the kitchen. he was a bit shocked to see us there but he ignored it and went his own way to the table.

"do you know where i can find a glass?" he asked me as he started looking around a few drawers.

"check in the third shelf on your right" i told him, he found it and started to pour some wine in it. "you drink?" seungmin asked him. "yeah, sometimes." he answered without looking at him

then he looked up at me, "you want some?" 

fuck you hyunjin. now why did you have bring that up infront of seungmin

"what are you saying? i dont drink ahah" i said nervously, taking short glances at both of them. hyunjin scoffed as he eyed seungmin, "right, you dont, my bad"

i let out a relieved sigh, i thought he would drag it more. good that he didnt. 

"i've never had expensive wine before" seungmin said as he started walking towards hyunjin to pour himself a glass as well. "you drink?!" both me and hyunjin said in sync, i thought he would be so against it

"well.. sometimes i guess..?" he said in a low voice and slightly shrugged, but we continued looking at him shocked. "what? just because im good at studying doesn't mean i cant drink"

"true but like.. i dont know i just thought you would be against it since we're all technically still minors" i said as i walked forward as well to get myself a glass.

"we learn something new every day" hyunjin said as he took a sip from his glass.

"you said you didn't drink?" seungmin asked confused as he saw me take a sip as well. "i thought you would scold me" i shrugged, seungmin shook his head.

i sat down as i finished my glass, its so awkward all three of us drinking together, but atleast they aren't fighting, thats good enough.

i finished my glass and got up, it was seungmin's third glass by then. "seungmin, stop drinking, you already had three glasses" i said as i took the bottle away. i dont remember how many shots hyunjin took, but he was already passing out. i swear if they make a mess.

"shhz im okaY" seungmin said and snatched the bottle from me again,  and started getting another glass. "me as well me me" hyunjin suddenly said as he put his head up and reached out his glass to seungmin.

"yessshwajbaus" seungmin mumbled as he poured some in hyunjin's glass. 

now they're getting drunk. im not staying with two drunk boys here, i need to make them stop somehow. aish so annoying

"thats enough" i pulled the bottle back and put it up in a shelf, then took their glasses away and put them in the sink.

"give thaAt bacK leT us drinkkwkxz" seungmin said stuttering in his words, "shEs so mEanxnnnn" hyunjin added after him while fake crying. i just stood there for a second looking at them in disgust. 

"lets just go to sleep okay?" i sighed as i walked towards them, i helped hyunjin stand up and and put his arm around my shoulder to help him walk, i would take seungmin first but i know hyunjin is gonna pass out and im not dragging him upstairs.

"youREw kidzapping mEe" hyunjin fake cried again as he held the stairs and suddenly sat down. "stOp the kidzapningness i staznd wit-th the kidszewi" he mumbed again, what the fuck is he even saying

"hyunjin get up" i tried to make him stand again, i dont know how im gonna manage him up the stairs. 

-

after 20 WHOLE DAMN MINUTES i finally reached upstairs with seungmin, then force dragged him into hyunjin's room and threw him on the bed next to where hyunjin passed out.

"ughh my poor back" i stretched and walked out after throwing a blanket on them, then went downstairs again to clean the mess they made. they owe me a whole restaurant for this.

i washed our glasses so mom wouldnt suspect if she comes up tomorrow morning, fixed the chairs and a few more things then went back up to my room. i changed to my pajamas then went to bed. i would so love to see thier faces next morning.

-

"wake up already" i said as i kicked hyunjin's leg slightly, theyre both awake, just not getting up. "i swear to god wake the fuck up" i yelled again, seungmin slightly stretched while still having his eyes closed. they still havent realised theyre next to each other.

"i guess you guys had too much fun last night" when i said this, they finally widened their eyes and looked at each other as they quickly jumped off the bed together.

"what the hell are you doing in my room?!" hyunjin asked checking his clothes, "what the hell am i doing in your room??" he asked him back. they're the weirdest duo i've ever seen. 

"you dont remember what happened last night??" i asked with a fake surprised expression, playing along with whatever wrong ideas they have in their minds.

"something happened???" they both asked together, if just i could take a picture because the look they both have on their faces is so funny.

i gasped as i covered my mouth, "you really dont remember?" i asked again,  hyunjin put the blanket he was holding up his chest, even though he's nicely dressed. "you guys were a pain in the ass and i had to clear all your mess AND drag you all the way up here" i said finally breaking the suspense. they both sighed heavily in relief. "come down for breakfast, its almost time for school" i said lastly and walked out of the room, trying my best to hold my laugh.

timeskip haha

i was getting ready to go out with aera and seungmin as we planned, it was a saturday so we decided to hang out together for the whole day. mom would be out this weekend as usual, which means its fine even if i come home a bit late.

i finished my makeup and everything and got out of my room, as i was walking downstairs i saw hyunjin enter, he looks so pale. i havent talked to him alot since the last time seungmin was over. but i think he got a job, he's usually out and barely home. as i passed him i had a urge to ask him if he was okay, but i didn't because it was none of my business. he's probably tired.

i put my shoes on and got out.

no ones pov

hyunjin went to his room and took a shower. then got dressed up and left the house. he started walking his way to the bus stop and bought a few sweets and flowers on his way. 

he sat on the bus anxiously as he looked out the window. a few minutes later he got off at his stop and started walking to the hospital.

he took a deep breath as he stood infront of the door, he hasn't seen his mom ever since that day. he goes to the hospital pretty often, stands at the door, then leaves because he cant put up the courage to talk to her. but today he made up his mind. "i got this" he told himself as he finally entered the room with a big smile on his face.

her mom was laying down on the bed, but her face lit up as soon as she saw him, "hyunjin" she said and started to sit up. "its okay its okay" hyunjin quickly went up to her and helped her down again.

"hyunjin where have you been? do you know how worried i was?" she asked worried, but still happy to finally see him. "im doing well, i've been living in y/n's house"

"ohh.. didn't y/n's mom pay for all this too?" she asked, kind of relieved he didnt go back to his dad. hyunjin nodded. "shes so kind" his mom said with a slight smile, hyunjin nodded again.

"are those for me?" she asked as she noticed the sweets and flowers hyunjin was holding, "ah, y-yeah! i felt bad coming with nothing" he said as he handed her the flowers and put the sweets beside her bed on the table. "it would've been more than enough if you came, but thank you" she said with a smile and took the flowers.

"when you were little i used to take you to a park, and you would always give me so many flowers" she said staring at the flowers, as happy as she could be. hyunjin also found himself feeling better seeing her like that. "and how are you doing?" he asked her this time.

"im doing well. even better now that you're here" she said as she looked at him with a warm smile.

"im glad" he said and took a seat next to her.

"but are you really okay? why do you look so pale?" she asked concerned, "its nothing, im just a bit tired" he answered. 

"but you dont look 'just' tired"

"mom.." he said, pausing mid sentence as he took a breath "..when you get out of here all well and good, divorce dad." he said nervously. his mom's smile slowly dropped. "hyunjin.." she said in a low voice, he knew what she was gonna say so he quickly cut her off. "i know, i know youre worried we have no where else to be, but i promise ill take care of us mom, ill do my best. please dont return to him. please." he begged her. she went quite.

"i got a job, it doesn't pay alot but im saving up money, and ill save more, ill work as much as i need to, please just leave him. i dont want to see you like this anymore. stop worrying about me and think of yourself for once, please" he added, his mom sighed. she reached out for his hand and held it, then looked up at him with a faint smile. "when did you grow up so much?" she said, caressing his fingers. "if that makes you happy, i will" 

hyunjins face lit up hearing those words, "thank you, thank you so much. ill take care of you mom, dont worry. ill take care of both of us" he said as he held her hand back. she chuckled, "ill look forward to that day" 

he nodded. "how are things going with y/n? are you both still friends?" she asked. "well.. not really, she hates me" he shrugged, trying to show he doesn't care. 

"ah.. i see. i guess she has her right to" she added as she looked forward. hyunjin nodded.

-

he stayed with her almost the whole day, talking about everything they never got to. but at some point they told him to leave because the visiting hours were over.

"ill come again soon" he told her with a smile, "ill be waiting" she smiled back.

he nodded and started walking to the door, "hyunjin" she called out his name as he reached the door, he turned around. "yes?"

"you should tell her, you'll regret it more later" she said with a smile, she never mentioned a name but hyunjin knew she was talking about y/n. he must've not spend alot of time with her but shes his mom after all, she would know that he is  bothered. "theres nothing to say" he said and shrugged again.

she nodded, "see you, take care" his mom said, he smiled and walked out.

y/n pov

"aishh we should do this more often" i stretched as we got out of the restaurant, i had a good day. we hung out at the mall and did shopping, went to a park and had dinner together.

"i told you this was a good placeee" aera said as we started walking together.

"yesss" i said and we high fived, seungmin chuckled behind us. i like aera. shes not a bitch like her 'sister'. shes nice and has a great taste in food.

"im getting the bus, how are yall going?" seungmin asked, "i already called my driver, i can drop you both off if you want" i replied.

"its fine ill take a uber" aera said, "ill take the bus, i live pretty far" seungmin added after her. i nodded and we all went our ways after saying bye.

i reached home after a few minutes and went to the kitchen to get something to drink. 

after grabbing some soda i started walking up to my room, but one of the chefs stopped me to ask me something. "yeah?" i asked her. "can you check up on that boy? he asked me to make him dinner a hour ago but hasn't come down since. he's been skipping meals alot lately too. just ask him if he still wants to eat or not, because ill be off soon" she said

"you mean hyunjin?"

"yeah him"

"ah.. okay ill ask him" i told her and walked upstairs, she nodded.

i knocked on hyunjins door but he didn't answer, his door was unlocked. "im coming in" i said and slowly went in. 

as i entered, i saw hyunjin sitting on the floor near his bed, he looks so sick. "uh.. are you okay?" i asked him as i walked closer and kneeled down, he slightly nodded. "no you aren't" i said and helped him get on his bed. "ill call a doctor" i said as i quickly pulled out my phone and called up our family doctor. hyunjin just sat there on his bed, he looks like he has trouble breathing. im not supposed to care but he gets sick so easily.

an hour later the doctor left and hyunjin was already asleep by then, the doctor gave me some pills to give him when he wakes up and eats something. the chef made something for him to eat before leaving, so now here i am sitting on his bed beside him waiting for him to wake up. i would say im stupid to be doing this for him but oh well, i couldnt just leave seeing him this sick.

-

i dont know what time it was, but i did fall asleep sitting beside him waiting, when i woke up i had a blanket over me, and hyunjin was sitting next to me. i guess he woke up but i ended up asleep. i slowly looked up because my neck was ached, sitting and sleeping is definitely not a good idea. 

when i looked at him i realised he was staring right into me, but i was too sleepy to think about it any further. "oh you're up.. you should-" i yawned while talking as i stepped off his bed, then continued, "you should eat and take your pills" i walked to his desk to get whatever the chef made him. "here" i gave him the bowl and he took it. i sat on his chair while i waited for him to finish, still half asleep.

"you can sleep if you want" he said, seeing me constantly yawn. "its fine just finish" i replied.

he sighed and continued eating, i could tell he was taking glances at me and back at his food, but its whatever, i just want to give him his pills and sleep.

a bit later he started to get up to put his bowl away, "its okay give it to me" i got up to take it from him instead.

he sighed, "why are you doing this?"

"doing what?" i asked as i reached out my hand to take the bowl from him, but he pulled it away. "this. taking care of me. i know you hate me, then why do you keep doing this? why do you have to keep making me feel bad??" he said, i didnt say anything and just took the bowl from his hand to walk away, but he grabbed my other arm and pulled me back. "answer me" he said looking me in the eyes. i dont know how im supposed to answer something i dont know myself. 

"im just nice, i guess" i said in a low voice and moved my arm back to myself, then went on to his desk to get him the pills and get a glass of water.

"i know you see it" he said as he stood up. "see what? i dont know what you're talking about" i said as i poured water to his glass, without looking at him. i have the same nervous feeling i had the other day, and i hate when this happens. "that im sorry, that i feel bad. that i regret everything. i know you do" he said. no, no i didn't know. i dont want to know. and i dont want to give a shit. not again.

"have these and go to bed" i said, ignoring everything he said.  i left the pills on his desk, i didn't even feel like walking up to him. i just wanted to leave. i started walking to his door, but as soon as i opened it he closed it shut again.

"y/n, can we please talk?"

no. no we cant.

~to be continued.

hi the reason im uploading alot and doing long shit chapters is bc i want to finish this already i've been writing this for so long a whole baby could be born

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 115 10
demon!mingi x reader | you finally run away from the clutches of your stepmother and encounter mingi, infamously known as 'the child of shadows'. yo...
35.8K 4.7K 22
"𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒂 𝒘𝒂𝒚!"
48K 1.2K 44
Y/n and Hyunjin are both royalties in a modern world Y/n doesn't have a choice, this is your purpose you engraved it deep into your soul. Hyunjin di...
62.5K 2.2K 18
Yunho and I have been friends for the past 5 years. But little did he knows that I have a crush on him . Going through things that are such nightmare...