My Destiny | Sope

By sope-land

Sope Omegaverse AU: Yoongi thought his family was perfect. He adored his wife and newborn daughter, until one... More

Introduction
1. Moving In
2. New Student
3. A New Hope
4. Handsome Alpha Dad
5. Our Neighbor
6. Scent Me
7. The Consequences
8. Attachment
9. Comfort Person
11. Desperation
12. Powerless
13. Putting an End
14. Finding Faith
15. Protective Alpha
16. Get It Off Chest
17. Moving On
18. The Best Day
19. Feral
20. Scary Future
21. His Vow
22. Awaited Freedom
23. Celebration
24. Only Beginning
25. Cuddles
26. Good Impression
27. Alpha's Assistance
28. Dada's Pup
29. True Love
30. My Mate (M)
31. Dream Life (M)
32. Bubble of Happiness (M)
33. Happy Family
34. History Repeats
35. Distressed
36. War is Over
37. Fresh Start (M)
38. Worst Fears
39. Real Parents
40. Final Goodbye
41. Possessive Mate (M)
42. Losing Control (M)
43. An Addition
44. Until We Meet Again
45. Happy Ever After
Epilogue

10. Purpose

2K 170 20
By sope-land

"Useless omega..." A plate flew to Hoseok's direction, hitting the wall next to his head. "Where the fuck have you been? Who gave you permission to come home this late?!"

Hoseok jolted as something else collapsed with the wall beside him. How much he wished Daehyun to stop! He was so fed up with his mate's behavior. Why couldn't he be a normal alpha just for one day? Was that too much to ask for?

"I'm tired..." Hoseok mumbled sliding down and hugging his knees.

"Shut up. You always come home smelling different, but today you're reeking this nauseating sweet scent of a pup."

"Stop!" Omega covered his ears with trembling hands. "Leave me alone."

"What did you say?" The alpha yanked him up by his collar and slammed against the wall painfully. "I'm sick of you my mate always having some pups smell! You know how I hate sweet scents!"

"I work in school! How do you expect me to smell when I come home after spending whole day with children?" Hoseok spat in his face. The omega was losing his patience with this alpha's unreasonable complaints.

"Don't you dare to talk back!" Daehyun warned his mate and Hoseok just closed his eyes, letting tears flow down his face. He already was sad after talking about his daughter earlier and Daehyun was making it worse for him, as usual.

"I just wanna go sleep-"

"You're making fool of me. You think I didn't notice it, but I know that this scent belongs to the pup that lives across us." Daehyun let go of omega and Hoseok slightly relaxed. "I don't know what you're imagining in your head, but better stay away from her. You have no right to be close to any pup after failing your own daughter."

"N-no!" Hoseok covered his ears once again, not wanting to hear Daehyun's words which always hurt him. "Shut up... Get out of my head!"

The alpha eyed him in disbelief. Omega had never dared to talk back to him, let alone tell him to shut up. Neither him nor his wolf appreciated it. So when Hoseok tried to slip away, he saw red. He marched towards omega with a growl and slapped him so hard, the male fell on the ground.

"D-Daehyun!" Hoseok yelled when the alpha straddled him and wrapped his large hands around his neck.

"Have guts to shut up your alpha?" He chocked his mate with maniacal expression of face. For the first time since getting married, Hoseok was afraid for his life. "Did you forget that you're just worthless omega?! You. Couldn't. Protect. Your. Pup! Why are you even alive when our daughter is buried in cold ground?"

He is right. Hoseok slowly stopped thrashing under him and trying to make alpha stop.

Daehyun was right. He didn't deserve to breath, walk and just be alive, when his little angel wasn't with them anymore. Hoseok had wished so many times to take his daughter's place. Why couldn't that car hit him instead? Why couldn't it be him???

The omega chocked out a pained cry at bitter thoughts, but a second later he felt pressure on his neck gone and he sharply inhaled air. Daehyun got off of him, looking down at omega with disgusted face.

"You don't deserve such easy death. You should live and suffer." He said with a scoff and went to a bedroom with a loud bang of door.

He left Hoseok to crumble on the floor, surrounded by shattered pieces of glass. Omega already had injuries on hands and legs, but he didn't pay mind to it. He couldn't feel physical pain because his heart clenched in the most painful way possible.

Why couldn't all of this just end? Why did he have to suffer like this every day?

Hoseok kept crying his heart out because he couldn't take it anymore. The guilt and sorrow were eating him alive and he didn't know how long he'd last. Not with Daehyun treating him like that.

Our mate hates us. He wants us dead....

Hoseok's omega was sulking and clawing at his chest, making it harder for human to bear with pain. Why was moon goddess so cruel with him? Why did she leave him alive but took away his daughter?

"Please stop..." Omega whispered drained of all energy. "Stop these thoughts. I can't take it anymore..." He pleaded his omega and crawled towards the couch with wobbly hands and legs.

He was so exhausted that as soon as his head touched fluffy pillow, his mind went blank and omega fell in deep slumber, wishing to never wake up again.

***

Yoongi couldn't sleep.

His wolf felt uneasy for some reason and he had no idea why. He checked on Sumi several times during night, but the girl was peacefully sleeping. Yet alpha couldn't rest.

The male decided to busy himself with work since he had nothing better to do, but his mind kept going back to omega and his confession earlier. His heart squeezed every time he remembered Hoseok's words.

He had lost a child. Yoongi felt like crying when he imagined how hard it must have been for omega to overcome such loss.

He couldn't help but wonder whether his mate took good care of him after such terrible accident in their lives. Considering what he saw, Yoongi highly doubted that. And it was another reason to feel bad for omega.

Before Yoongi knew it, the sun had already risen and the alarm went off. The alpha sighed, burying face in his palms.

Did he actually spend whole night thinking and worrying about mated omega? What if he just wanted Hoseok's mate to be a bad alpha, when in reality he was a good mate and husband? What if the day he met him, the alpha was just tired and irritated because of bad day at work?

"God, what's wrong with me?"

"Daddy!" Sumi came out of her room with a cute pink bunny onesie that Jungkook had gifted her. She tightly hugged her dad and pecked his cheek. "Are you already up?"

In the mornings, usually Sumi was the one in role of a parent. She woke up when alarm went off and was in charge of waking her dad who was sleepyhead.

"Yes, baby. I'm up for a while now." Yoongi patted her head, cupping girl's tiny face with one hand. "Go and brush your teeth while I prepare breakfast, okay?"

"Yes!" The girl instantly agreed and rushed back to her room.

Yoongi got up with a sigh and put aside the papers which he tried to go through at night. He quickly made tea and put on a table Sumi's favorite chocolate cookies. He cut apple to small pieces just like his daughter loved to and made mental note to buy her cake as she asked previous day.

After they were done with breakfast, Yoongi helped his daughter get dressed in a cute plaid dress and a white shirt. He tied her hair in a ponytail and put on her warmest jacket.

"We'll wait for Hobi, right?" She asked hopefully, puckering her lower lip cutely.

"You want it?" Yoongi asked her teasingly, because no way he'd leave without seeing the male. He didn't know why but he just wanted to make sure that everything was alright.

Why wouldn't it be though? His inner voice asked.

Yoongi remembered disturbed look on Hoseok's face the previous day. When he stood in front of his apartment, omega looked like the last thing he wanted to do was go inside.

"Let's wait and check on him, okay?" Yoongi patted her head gently and the girl nodded. She asked her dad for a phone and texted something to Jin. Probably asked him to come over.

Thankfully, they didn't have to wait long before their neighbor omega left his apartment. The father-daughter duo followed the lead.

"Teacher Hobiiiiii!" Sumi ran towards the male with a squeal and back-hugged the male. Yoongi's smile faltered when he noticed the way omega flinched and hissed painfully at the contact.

"Good morning, Sumi." He patted her head when girl let him go. Yoongi's breath hitched when he saw the omega.

He looked different. Bad different. His cheek was swollen and his eyes were puffy, as if he had cried whole night. Omega's black turtleneck did poor job at hiding dark bruises on his neck, not to mention several band aids on his palms. His gaze was dull and lifeless and a smile that he plastered for Sumi looked too fake.

"What happened?" He found himself asking omega. Yoongi didn't know when he covered distance between them, but alpha stood right in front of the male, gently cupping side of his swollen cheek.

Hoseok's lips trembled at the caring tone, yet he looked away avoiding male's attentive gaze. If Yoongi kept looking at him like that, he didn't know how long he'd last before opening his heart to the male.

"I fell this morning." He lied and stepped back averting eyes on Sumi. "How did you sleep, lovely?"

He tried to ignore Yoongi's burning gaze on himself, but he could feel the alpha studying his every movement so he tried to act as always, even though his body whined nearly at everything he did.

"I slept like a baby!" Sumi exclaimed, earning a chuckle from omega.

"That's because you're a baby." He bopped her nose and glanced at the alpha who just stared at him wordlessly. Hoseok wondered what was he thinking about. He didn't guess what happened last night, did he? Omega wouldn't survive such humiliation.

How could he ever tell anyone that his own mate hated him so much that he nearly killed him? No one would understand him. Everyone would blame him for being bad omega and terrible mate. He couldn't even call his parents and ask for help. They would never take his side. If not them worshipping Daehyun, Hoseok wouldn't have married him. But they believed that he was a good alpha and he should be grateful for such mate.

Little did they know that Hoseok was never grateful for his mate. Not even once since the marriage. Yet, he forced himself to accept and try to love the alpha just because they were bounded in the most intimate way.

He wanted to move back to his parents' house when he lost his baby girl, but they didn't allow him. Called him crazy for wanting to be away from his alpha who needed to be taken care of after loss of his pup. As if Daehyun suffered more than Hoseok did. Omega was all alone and if not Jimin, he might not have gotten over it at all. But now that he thought about it, maybe dying back then wouldn't have been such bad thing. It definitely couldn't be worse than living with alpha like Daehyun.

"Is everything alright Hoseok?" Omega snapped from his thoughts at mention of his name. They had already reached first floor while he was recalling past. "Please, tell me what's bothering you." Yoongi pleaded him and for the first time Hoseok felt like someone other than Jimin actually cared about him. It felt rather nice for his wounded heart.

"It's nothing important. Let's just go." He shrugged, heading out of building complex.

"Let's drive to school everyone together." Sumi didn't forget to suggest as always and surprisingly, this time omega didn't deny it immediately.

"Sure." He nodded to girl, who happily jumped shouting "Yay!" and rushed towards her dad's car.

"Hoseok, I can feel that something is wrong." Yoongi used opportunity and stopped omega while his daughter wasn't nearby. "Please, don't hide it from me. What happened last night? Did your mate... Was it him? Did he hurt you?"

Hoseok couldn't bring himself to say neither no, nor yes. He just looked at Yoongi's worried eyes silently, internally begging for help. His omega was calling for alpha to protect them from their mate, but Hoseok couldn't voice it out.

The silence was loud and clear answer. Yoongi's alpha urged him to go and deal with the bastard who dared to hurt omega. He wanted to tear him to pieces for what he did. Those bruises on his neck... Did he try to chock his own mate?

Yoongi's eyes flashed with red, his alpha slowly taking over.

"No, please." Hoseok grabbed his arm, holding alpha on place, who wanted to go after Daehyun. "I'll be fine, I promise. Please don't do something you'll regret. I'm not worth it. It's fine, really."

Alpha's red eyes snapped at him and he nearly pushed omega aside, but Yoongi didn't dare to hurt omega even the slightest bit.

"Dad?" They heard Sumi's trembling voice.

"Sumi!" Hoseok crunched down and hugged the girl, hiding her face in his chest. "It's okay baby..."

"What's wrong with dad? Why are his eyes red?" She asked omega frightened.

"Shhh, he's fine baby. Just look at me, okay?" He cupped her face and kept girl's gaze on himself, while Yoongi calmed down his alpha.

"I'm sorry Mimi, your dad is fine." Yoongi told his daughter gently, who looked up at him with her big does eyes. "I'm sorry if I scared you, bun."

The girl stared at him for a minute, making sure her dad was really okay before nodding her head and stepping towards him.

"Can you wait for us in the car, lovely? We'll be there just in second." He asked his daughter, who pouted but still obliged.

The alpha then turned to omega who guiltily stood there as if any of this was his fault. No seriously, why does he always blame himself for everything?

"We'll talk about this later-"

"There is nothing to talk about."

"I am not leaving it like this. I won't close my eyes on violence. Not when it involves you."

A warm feeling spread through omega's body and his heart skipped a beat. Hoseok had nothing to reply, so he just followed alpha to his car. He didn't know how could Yoongi possibly help him in this, but his words kept replaying in his mind like a broken record.

I won't close my eyes on violence. Not when it involves you.

Maybe everything wasn't that hopeless after all and Hoseok could be saved too.

Maybe.... Maybe moon goddess left him alive with a purpose.

🌟🌟🌟

A/N: My midterms starts from Monday, so I'll be posting all chapters I have in drafts since I won't be able to write for a while :(

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 4.7K 46
Ever since He was 12 Jimin loved and admired YoonGi. And when Yoongi represented as an Alpha he was a nice person but Yoongi Changed suddenly. No one...
57K 2.7K 46
BOOK 1: Park Jimin, a simple boy from Busan, goes to Seoul with his family when his father gets transferred there. In the new city, he meets the son...
323K 15.6K 29
ABO Soul Mate AU Jeon Jungkook (alpha) is in love with someone who is not his soulmate. But he is heads over hills for her, at least he thinks he is...
13.8K 940 45
"So what are we gonna do now? He is a human. I don't think he can cope up with our life style." Hoseok broke the silence. "I know. But he don't have...