Witchery. | Scott McCall

By PatheticFckinfool

As the twin sister of Stiles, she often finds herself being compared to him - but she is quite different from... More

Introduction/Description.
Where Were You Guys?
Sweater and Jealousy.
The Opposite side of the table.
Jealous much?
Sharp.
You're odd McCall.
Be Careful What You Wish For.
Darkness Is Bitter.
Dying Friend, Awkward Dinner.
Parent Teacher Conference.
Bonding Near Death.
Make Him Work For It.
Thanks Mom.
Understanding.
Always Loved.
Dating and Learning.
Neutral.
Leadership.
Don't Get In My Way.
Restrain.

Distracted.

662 12 2
By PatheticFckinfool

Chapter Twenty-one

"Ah! What the hell is this!?" Dad yelled and I laughed.

"It's a veggie burger dad," I said and stiles held up a salad he got for himself.

"I asked for a hamburger!"

"Veggie is healthy!" He said and I bit into my Veggie burger, which wasn't that bad. He opened the fry container revealing carrots and celery, just overkill.

"Okay, why are you two trying to ruin my life."

"We're trying to extend your life." We said in unison, I pushed my fries over to him, a little grease wouldn't kill him. Stiles smacked my shoulder.

"Tell us what you found!" Stiles said and dad scoffed grabbing some of my fries.

"No! I'm not sharing confidential evidence with a pair of teenagers." He said and I hummed.

"We're some clever teenagers though," I said and that's when Stiles poked my neck. "Don't do that!" I swatted his hand away. "Is that it behind you...?" I asked and dad sighed. "With arrows..."

"And pictures..." Stiles said looking at it.

"Advert your eyes!" Dad scowled and I chuckled looking too. "Stop!" He said as we continued. "Fine! Fine!" Dad yelled. "I'll tell you." He sighed. "I found something," Dad mumbled. Both stiles and I leaned forward. "The mechanic and the couple who were murdered... They all had something in common."

"All three?" Stiles mumbled.

"Yeah... You know what I always say, 1 is an incident-"

"2 is a coincidence-" Stiles mumbled.

"3 is a pattern," I said and dad nodded.

"All three of the Vic's are all the same ages, they're all 24."

"But Isaac's dad was nowhere near 24?" I asked and dad nodded.

"Which got me thinking- either A) his murder isn't connected or B) the ages were coincidences- until I found this!" He handed stiles and me the folder and we opened it together. "Did you know Mr. Lahey had another son other than Isaac?" He asked and I read it.

"He died in combat..." I whispered.

"If he were alive? How old would he be?" He asked.

"24," I said and Stiles gawked. We all got up looking at the board. "Dad?" I mumbled and he looked at me. "If there the same age, wouldn't they be in the same graduate class? Did you think of that?" I asked and he looked at me, mouth agape before mumbling.

"I would have- I just got Lahey's file two hours ago-"

"Two hours ago!?" Stiles gasped. "Dad people could be dying!"

"I'm aware of that! Thank you very much!" Dad yelled.

"That be the graduate class of... 2006," I said and dad looked at me. " did they go to the same school? Does the station have yearbooks perhaps- 2002 to 2006?" I asked and dad pointed at me, running out. He came back in with those yearbooks and files slapping them down. I grabbed 2006 and opened it.

"They all went to beacon hills!" Stiles pointed.

"But did they have any classes together?"

"2 we're married, they must have at least known each other," Stiles said.

"They could have had the same class or-" dad froze.

"What is it, daddy?" I asked.

"The same teacher." He said showing us.

"Dude Mr. Harris? If he's killing students he doesn't like then count me on that list." I said and dad rolled his eyes.

"I don't know how Lahey fits in but this, kids, this is defiantly a pattern," Dad said and I grabbed the yearbook, flipping to the graduate class.

"Get the faces to the names, everyone in that chemistry class..."

"If the killer isn't done killing..."

"Any one of them can be next."

After that Scott picked me up and brought me to the vet clinic, where we waited for Derek, Scott also told me about the truce. Although I was still mad at Derek I guess I would compromise. "As long as we're saving Jackson," I said and he nodded, I saw Deaton nod at me. "I'll work with whoever," I said, when we heard the knock Scott got the door.

"What is he doing here?!" Scott pointed at Isaac.

"I need him," Derek said and Isaac hummed.

"Yeah well, I don't trust him."

"'Him' doesn't trust you either," Isaac said walking in further, seeing me he smiled.

"And Derek doesn't care," Derek said with sass. "Where's the vet? Is he gonna help or not?" Derek said irritated.

"Depends... Are we killing or saving him?" Deaton said.

"Hey Y/N." Isaac bent down and hugged me, and I hugged him too.

"Hey, Isaac," I whispered. "You holding up?" I asked and he nodded.

"Worse without you." He said and I frowned. I touched his cheek and hummed. "I get it though." I lead him to the back as he said that. I stood between Scott and Isaac, Derek on the other side of Isaac. Deaton pulled out an array of powders and herbs, I knew Deaton wasn't a witch, so I was curious to learn more. Isaac reached to touch it but Derek gripped his wrist.

"Watch what you touch!" Derek seethed.

"Because it can be dangerous." I snapped at Derek, disliking the aggression, he looked at me and looked away. I rubbed Isaac's arm gently and he hummed nodding.

"So..." Isaac leaned on the table. "What are you... Some kind of witch? Like Y/N?" Deaton looked at him annoyed.

"No." He said plainly. "I'm a veterinarian." He hummed and I chuckled as he frowned. "I'll tell you now though, I don't see anything here that will be any help against a paralytic toxin." He said looking at me. Derek went to speak but I cut him off.

"We're open to options, what about an offense?" I asked and he hummed.

"We tried that," Derek said. "I nearly took its head off and an Argent laid a whole clip into it and it still got back up like it didn't happen."

"Does it show any weakness?"

"It can't swim," Derek mumbled.

"Jackson as well?"

"No. Defiantly not." I said. "He's captain of the swim team. I go swimming with him all the time. He's good." I said shaking my head. "We believe it's the Masters fear- or inability of swimming that stops it, a mental connection like the lore refers to," I said and Deaton hummed.

"So essentially you're trying to catch two people." He said turning around and holding up a metal symbol. "The puppet and the puppeteer." He said and I nodded, he put the emblem on the table. "One killed the husband but the other killed the wife, do you know why?"

"Yes," I said and they all looked at me. "Jackson wouldn't be able to go through with that... He was orphaned before he was even out Of his mother's womb... They died in an accident and had to pull Jackson out of the body..." I said.

"Maybe it's a part of the rules," Isaac said and I hummed. "Like- the Kanima can only kill murders, but if the mother dies, the baby does too and the baby is innocent."

"Does that mean your dads a murderer?" Scott asked.

"Wouldn't surprise me if he was..." Isaac mumbled and I huffed.

"I don't think that's it! The book says there bonded- so just like the water, maybe this is too. What Jackson won't and can't do the master can't make him, but what the master won't and can't do, the Kanima can't-" they looked lost.

"The fear of water isn't coming from Jackson but it is the person controlling him," Deaton said and I nodded. "So vice versa with Jackson and orphaning a child." He said and they seemed to understand now. I picked up the mountain ash, and all of them looked surprised.

"What affects the Kanima, also affects the master," I said surrounding the emblem with ash.

"Meaning what?" Isaac mumbled.

"We can catch them," Scott said. "Both of them." He smiled and I nodded.

****

I walked the halls the next day when I felt an arm grab me. "Y/N? I'm so glad you're finally not busy enough to talk to me." Matt said and I gasped. "Oh yes!" I grabbed his arm walking with him. "First, are you okay?" I asked and he smiled nodding.

"Yes! Thank you." He said. "I was wondering if you wanted to go to that rave tonight?" I froze, I knew that we needed to go to catch the Kanima, and the boys had no luck finding any so if I went with Matt...

"Matt?" I whispered and he nodded. "Can I answer at... Lunch?" I asked and he looked at me. "I swear I'll have an answer then! I just need to talk to... My dad!" I said and he smiled nodding.

"Yeah of course!" He said hugging me, I hummed patting his back and he walked off after, I walked down the hall seeing Scott, he smiled at me. I pointed at the class next to me, and I walked in and waited, a few moments later he came in.

"Have you gotten any tickets?" I asked and he huffed.

"I only got a hold of two." He said and I hummed.

"What if I said... I could get ahold of one for myself?" I asked and he smiled.

"That's amazing! How?" He asked and I played with my fingers.

"Matt asked me to go with him," I said and he froze. "I didn't answer, I told him I needed to call my dad so I would answer him at lunch... So I wanted to tell you and see what you thought?" I said and he hummed.

"I mean... It is a free ticket." He said and I nodded.

"He's been trying to ask me for like a week. So I don't think he sees it platonically though." I said. "He should know we're together though- and..." I recalled my vision of his camera... How he took photos of us together...

"And?" He grabbed my hand.

"Nothing. I just want you to make this call." I said and he hummed.

"Just go with him. Make it platonic, and if he doesn't get that we're together, I can always bud in, I'm going to after all." He said and I chuckled.

"My knight in Shining armor are you?" I asked and he laughed nodding and leaning in.

"Has Stiles or your dad said anything about this?" He touched my neck, referencing the Hickey. I gulped, and Stiles poked me there.

"I think Stiles noticed... He poked me there the other night when we were dad." I said and he hummed. "He hasn't mentioned it," I whispered and he nodded. He leaned in slowly and I smiled, I leaned in too and our lips locked.

"I can't stop thinking about the other night." He whispered and I smiled wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Me either," I whispered and kissed him passionately. I smiled and he moved away.

"I have class." He whispered.

"Scott!" I yelled and he froze. "What about Allison?" I asked

"Make sure she doesn't go. Can't have anything getting in the way." He said and I nodded turning and leaving too. Allison told me she had a date anyway, so I wasn't worried.

I left before stiles that night, Matt picked me up, and we didn't talk much, and that was when I got a call. "It's my brother, do you mind?." I asked and he shook his head.

"Go ahead." So I picked up, and I heard a sigh.

"Just listen to me." He said and I hummed. Something was wrong. "Dad came home before I left... He came home without his gun and when I asked him... He told me he left it at the station with his badge... That the son of the sheriff stealing police property and having a restraining order filed against him by the most respected attorneys of beacon hills reflected badly on the county." He said and I covered my mouth, Matt looked at me worried. "He called it a leave of absence... But they fired him." He said and I sighed. "Because of me Y/N. I asked him why he wasn't mad at me and he said he didn't want to feel worse for yelling at his son." He said shakily. "Y/N-"

"Stiles it'll be okay," I said. "We'll all talk at home when this is over. Don't- don't blame yourself, just- distract yourself." I said and he hummed.

"Okay, I will." He said. "Scott's getting in the car. I love you lil' Sis."

"Love you too Big Bro," I said and we hung up, I huffed. "Sorry 'bout that."

"Didn't sound good," Matt mumbled parking. "Wanna talk-"

"No, I don't. I wanna get in there and rave." I said and he nodded, we got out and went inside. He pulled me to the dance floor, and we started to face, when he got close, I backed up we moved together, but in a way that we were touching. I saw Isaac come in with Erica and I hummed, suddenly I saw Allison. "Matt gimme a second!" I yelled over the music and he nodded. I grabbed her and pulled her Way when she excused herself. "What are you doing here?" I asked and she hummed confused.

"I told you've had a date, you said to go tonight-"

"Not here!" I covered my eyes. "This is so bad! We had a plan, everyone, Scott, Stiles, Me, and Dereks packed!" I said and she waved her hands.

"You had a plan!?" Her mouth went agape. "Okay-okay!" She covered her forehead in stress. "My dad and Gerard are coming here!" She said and I gawked at her.

"What did you tell them!?" I yelled.

"I-I told them." She whispered.

"They know!? They know it's Jackson!?" I covered my mouth. "They aren't gonna help him! They're gonna kill him! What were you thinking!?"

"I had to!!" She yelled and I sighed "What was I supposed to do!?"

"Trust me!" I cried out.

"I trust you over anyone! You're my best friend!" She asserted grabbing my hands.

"We had a plan-"

"So do they!"

"Oh god-"

"Tell me how to fix it and I will Y/N! Please, please!" She said and I turned.

"Stay out of the way," I said. "Just- don't get hurt," I said and she sniffled.

"I'm sorry!" She yelled as I ran away, I huffed looking around for Matt, I bumped into someone, seeing HARRIS?? I stiffened.

"Oh god-" he mumbled.

"Harris??" I said and he turned away.

"She-shes 21!" He yelled and I gasped.

"I don't fucking care!" I yelled and he turned away pulling her away, I was so confused, I felt a hand grab me, and I turned seeing Matt, I had hoped for Scott. He pulled me off and I sat down, he sat next to me huffing.

"You aren't enjoying yourself are you?" He asked and I hummed.

"You ever try to make everything work but when it comes down to it... Everything just crumbles down to nothing." I said and he hummed.

"Nope, everything I do is perfect." He said sarcastically and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Yeah," I mumbled. "Shit just gets hard." I huffed and he hummed scooting closer to me. I didn't feel like moving away, plus maybe he just wanted to comfort me. I had no idea where any of them were, or where anything was going. I saw him lean in, and in that instance, I gripped his jaw before he even got close. "What are you doing?" I asked and he pulled away.

"I uh- I was trying to"

"No, I know what you are trying to do, what are you doing? You know I'm in a relationship with Scott." I said and he bit his lip. "I came here with you as a friend Matt," I said standing up. "I need space," I said and as I walked through the crowd, I searched for a vision, and right then and there I had one.

"Me! They murdered me!" Jackson yelled in a horrific voice in the back room of the warehouse.

I found my way to that room, and as I entered I saw all three of them, Erica, Isaac, and Stiles. "Finally," I said closing the door behind me.

"Who did they murder?" Stiles asked.

"Me! They murdered me!"

"What do you mean?" Stiles said backing away.

"Me! They murdered me!" He yelled and I felt Isaac touch my arm in alarm.

"What the fuck does that mean?" I asked and Isaac nodded in agreement, I suddenly saw him turning, and moving more. "Ketamine, we need ketamine!" I said and Isaac held up an empty bottle.

"You used a whole fucking bottle?" Stiles mumbled and Isaac looked guilty. Suddenly Jackson stood.

"Alright out! Everyone out!" I yelled and we all ran out of the room, we all left the building once he broke away and ran off, I crossed the line of mountain ash like nothing, and as I did I had a vision.

"I'm not alone," Scott mumbled in pain as smoke filled the room, Allison's mother standing over him as he let out a howl.

"Scott!" I yelled running back into the building to go to my boyfriend, as I ran in my foot broke the line, and there was his pained howl. As I heard it my eyes flashed and the need to be where he was was so strong- I was suddenly in front of her, she looked shocked and I jumped at her, throwing her at the door as Derek burst in, them getting in a squabble as I picked up my boyfriend.

"Y/N... I love you." He whispered as I picked him up and I dragged him out and I saw her go running, Derek came out and saw me holding him, he touched my arm and I sobbed. "Deaton- he needs Deaton!" I yelled and there we were all three of us, Deaton looked shocked just as Derek did, falling back and but I didn't have time to question my new ability. "He's dying! Help him!" I gasped and we all helped him I'm into the table.

After I was told he would be fine, I went outside and leaned on the wall there, I heard the door open and there was Derek, he looked at me, biting his lip. "Can we talk?" He whispered and I nodded. We stood there and talked everything through, he acknowledged his wrongs, and he expressed real regret.

"Derek, I forgive you okay?" I said. "Just- please think before acting," I said and I touched his chest. "Let's just let go of it," I said tearing up he pulled me to him.

"I know you're worried about him, he'll be fine." He said holding me and I cried.

"If I wasn't distracted-"

"This isn't your fault period." He said and I sniffled. "Now... You can teleport?" He asked and I looked at him, shrugging.

"There were things in my book about how my ancestors could wish themselves where they needed to be when needed... In history books, it said they would just disappear in the blink of an eye, and no one knew how... So I guess that's what this is." I whispered. "I just... Needed to get to Scott so bad that I was just there." I whispered.

"Well, it got him here..." He whispered resting his cheek on my head.

"He'll be fine..." I whispered reassuring myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

493K 10.1K 78
Victoria Stilinski never knew that her long time crush would even look at her let alone hook up with her. Just like she never would have expected tha...
21.8K 987 24
**MATURE THEMES/SMUT** Picking up the pieces of a mess you didn't make is never a great experience. Walking into your seventh year, with an undeniabl...
12.5K 282 22
What if Scott wasn't the first werewolf in the family? What if his twin sister has been a secret werewolf for nearly eight years? Skylar McCall, tw...
1.7K 110 9
"You know how much I hate that everybody just expects me to bounce back, Just like that" Daisy Young has always learned to survive on her...