Young Master Qin Keeps Coveti...

By neomu-stressed

**NOT MINE** ¡FOR OFFLINE READING PURPOSES! Jiang Xun was transmigrated as a cannon fodder. Her mother died w... More

01 ⇝ 10
11 ⇝ 20
21 ⇝ 30
31 ⇝ 40
41 ⇝ 50
61 ⇝ 70
71 ⇝ 80
81 ⇝ 90
91 ⇝ 100
101 ⇝ 110
111 ⇝ 120
121 ⇝ 130
131 ⇝ 140
141 ⇝ 150
151 ⇝ 160
161 ⇝ 170
171 ⇝ 180
181 ⇝ 190
191 ⇝ 200
201 ⇝ 210
211 ⇝ 220
221 ⇝ 230
231 ⇝ 240
241 ⇝ 250
251 ⇝ 260
261 ⇝ 270
271 ⇝ 280
281 ⇝ 290
291 ⇝ 300
301 ⇝ 310
311 ⇝ 320
321 ⇝ 330
331 ⇝ 340
341 ⇝ 350
351 ⇝ 360
361 ⇝ 370
371 ⇝ 380
381 ⇝ 390
391 ⇝ 400
401 ⇝ 410
411 ⇝ 420
421 ⇝ 430
431 ⇝ 440
441 ⇝ 450
451 ⇝ 460
461 ⇝ 470
471 ⇝ 480
481 ⇝ 490
491 ⇝ 500
501 ⇝ 510
511 ⇝ 520
521 ⇝ 530
531 ⇝ 540
541 ⇝ 550
551 ⇝ 560
561 ⇝ 570
571 ⇝ 580
581 ⇝ 590
591 ⇝ 600
601 ⇝ 610
611 ⇝ 620
621 ⇝ 630
631 ⇝ 640
641 ⇝ 650
651 ⇝ 660
661 ⇝ 670
671 ⇝ 680
681 ⇝ 690
691 ⇝ 700

51 ⇝ 60

1.3K 17 0
By neomu-stressed

Chapter 51: What A Queen!

They brought Jiang Xun and the others to a wide, flat, open space in the park. "It's right here. It looks like there should be enough room for quite a number of people."

"Not bad,"Jiang Xun affirmed.

The three former bullies were overjoyed, while Jiang Xun's roommates could only stare at the sight.

What exactly did Jiang Xun do in high school?

Around ten minutes before two o'clock, people started arriving at the scene, but Jiang Xun didn't care how many came, nor did she care who was or wasn't coming.

At two o'clock sharp, the live broadcast started.

The three former bullies were responsible for maintaining order, while the three roommates were responsible for filming and helping out.

Bingbing would be in charge of the hammering.

Jiang Xun stood behind the stone slab and squatted down, giving it a couple of pats, which gave off a muffled sound when her palm hit the stone.

"The livestream has begun. I'm Jiang Xun." She still had the same smug expression as before when she'd filmed her second video.

Daxin held up the phone while Jiajia whispered to Haina, "I'm done. I'm going to be a fan of Jiang Xun from now on. What a queen!"

"There are about 50 to 60 people here today." Jiang Xun stood up. "Everyone present can come and check the authenticity of this stone slab. "" Feel free to see for yourself so that I don't get accused of having someone help me behind the scenes."

With that said, Jiang Xun stood by the side with her arms crossed. She did not say another word. The three former bullies promptly began carrying their duties out.

"Those who want to check the authenticity of the stone slab, stand on the left! Those who just want to watch the show, stand on the right," Yu Tailai said loudly. "Those who want to try breaking a boulder with their bare hands, go to the two female students to sign up."

"When you come to check the authenticity of the stone slab, go and register your Shan Pin, Weibo or whatever other social media ID with the student on the left," he added.

"Why?" Someone protested in dissatisfaction. "We're just here to check the authenticity. Why should we have to tell you who we are?"

"This is the tablet I used for the video. If it's real, then it proves that you wronged me and therefore owe me an apology." Jiang Xun swept her gaze over them. With a snort, she said, "I've said it before that I've memorized all the IDs. Those who should apologize to me won't be able to escape. If you've apologized to me, I'll cross Your ID off my record."

"If you don't want to register, that's fine. When the time comes, I'll simply put up your IDs for the world to see." Jiang Xun crossed her arms. her attitude was as arrogant as the heavens.

The audience watching the live broadcast were all numb.

"D*mn her attitude. She's so arrogant!"

"She's so confident. Maybe the video is the real thing."

"If it's real, I'll be her fan! I love her so much."

Someone at the scene cried out, "You still want to post our IDs?"

"Yeah, why do you have to do that?"

"Since your ID is posted on the public platform, I can naturally sort it out." Jiang Xun raised her chin slightly. "I've already checked—it's not illegal."

"No wonder she said at the beginning that she wanted us to apologize to her. No one can escape!"

"If you apologize, I'll delete the ID, so don't worry,"Jiang Xun said again.

That did absolutely nothing to put everyone at ease! They had been keyboard warriors online for a long time, but this was the first time they had encountered such a thing!

"Okay, don't waste my time." Jiang Xun pointed at the stone tablet. "If you want to check whether it's real or not, hurry up."

Everyone looked at each other.

"Do you want to go?"

"Go ahead, we're already here."

"But we have to report our IDs!"

"I'm seriously worried for you guys!" Dejia clapped his hands twice, attracting everyone's attention, "It's not like it's your real names or anything."

Everyone usually used a pseudonym to chat in various groups. They would talk loudly on the Internet, and there were quite a few screenshots of them, but most of the time, it was just that they didn't know. What were they afraid of?

"Just get a different handle name after this! What's the problem?"

Everyone remained silent, thinking over his words.

What he said made sense.

"Then let me do it." A boy stood out first. After registering his online handle with Dejia, he went to check the slate.

After that, more and more people followed behind him. Due to the school tyrant trio's efforts, the line-up was quickly finished in an orderly manner. Those who only wanted to watch the show craned their necks and asked, "How was it? How was the inspection?"

Those who returned from the inspection shook their heads dejectedly.

It was indeed a real slate.

"I even specially brought a small hammer." That person took it out and displayed it. The small hammer was only the size of a palm, "I was afraid that an overly large one would leave behind cracks that she could use to her benefit. I brought this small one with the thought that I'd be able to knock something out if it was fake, but it turns out that her stone slab is the real thing..."

"Is everyone done with the inspection?" Tailai inquired once. Seeing that no one else came forward, he said, "Let's begin the barehanded stone-shattering challenge!"

Fang Zhenghui turned to ask Jiajia and Haina, "How many people have signed up?"

"Ten people." Jiajia checked the name list. "They all signed up when we were checking the authenticity of the stone slabs."

At that time, they were still unsure whether the stone was actually real or not, so everyone had tacitly agreed that they were fake.

If they could get ten thousand for free, they had to hurry up!

But now that they were sure that the stone was real, the people who'd signed up were afraid.

"Okay, then according to the order of the registration, I'll call the person with the ID to come and break the stone!" Tailai said loudly.

Jiajia's voice was too soft and cute, so the task of reading the IDs out loud was left to Haina.

"Old Wang Next Noor." Haina looked up and shouted loudly, "Old Wang Next Door!"

"Who's Old Wang Next Door?" Tailai asked at the top of his voice. Who would come up with such a ridiculous name?"Since all of you already signed up, just hurry up and give it a try."

Tailai waited for a while, but no one came out, so he said, "We'll wait for a bit longer. If you don't come out, then we'll call the next one!"

There was still no one, so Haina shouted out the next name. "Happy Interrogation Planet!"

Still, no one came out, all the way until the fifth person was called out.

"Roasted Pork Trotters!"

A chubby boy walked out, waving the leather case in his hand. "Can I bring my protective gear?"

"Sure," Haina agreed nonchalantly. It wasn't like the stone slab would budge against this guy's protective gear, anyway.

And so, the boy put on the leather gear and walked to the stone plate.

Jiang Xun could see that there were metal clasps at the joints of the leather cover. She could tell that the boy was up to something, so she said loudly, "Let me make something clear: this man's gear has a metal clasp at the joint, so he probably wants to take advantage of them. But it doesn't matter. If he actually manages to split the stone slab like this, I will still give him 10,000 yuan."

Chapter 52: Are You Looking Down On The Boss?

There were already people cursing at her in the livestream chat. "You're so arrogant!"

"Oi, isn't this cheating?"

Not all the netizens who were watching the livestream were the same ones who had doubted Jiang Xun in the past. There were people who were caught up in the heat of the moment, and there were also those who were here purely to watch the show.

These people were more neutral in their stance.

"You still have the balls to accuse her of making a fake video? It's already been proven that the video is real! These guys are just in denial."

"I'm more and more convinced that Jiang Xun's the real deal."

Jiajia, who was in charge of managing the live chat, took the opportunity to say, "If Jiang Xun can prove that she used a real stone in her video, then feel free to subscribe to her so you don't miss any future livestreams!"

The fat boy aimed the metal buckles on his joints at the stone slab and pounded it hard. Despite his efforts, however, the stone slab did not budge an inch.

In the end, he stood up in embarrassment and walked away.

"This challenger has failed to break the rock!" Tailai shouted, "Next."

Haina called out five ids in succession, but no one came up.

"No one is going to challenge again?"Jiang Xun raised her voice and asked.

In the livestream room, the netizens who were watching the show laughed. "How are they supposed to challenge her? It's obvious that the stones are real."

"Looks like there's a group of people who have to apologize~"

"I'm really curious. Since so many people doubted her before, I have to wonder if she really did memorize all the IDs?"

"Then I'm going to have the stone smashed now," Jiang Xun announced as she lay down on the chair that they'd brought from the dormitory.

Since he'd done it before, Bingbing was much less nervous this time.

Fang Zhenghui and Zhao Dejia placed the stone slab on Jiang Xun's body. After they finished, Tailai announced, "Everyone saw it, right? This is the same stone slab in the video. Furthermore, everyone has checked that there's no problem with the stone slab, right?"

"Yeah, there's no problem with it,"someone in the crowd said.

"Hurry up and start! It's getting dark."

While all this was happening, Mufeng was standing on the outskirts of the crowd. There were a lot of people blocking him from view, so Jiang Xun's people didn't notice him.

Mufeng opened the livestream on his phone even though he was also at the scene itself. It was his first time watching a livestream, but he managed to find the 'send gift' button and scrolled down the list of gifts he could buy.

The most expensive gift was the 30,000-flash coin carnival.

He wanted to give Jiang Xun money, but since she refused to accept it, he could only resort to this method.

After all, Jiang Xun had fallen out with Jiang Chengye because of him, and because of that, she had to rely on such a dangerous method to earn money.

It seemed that he could exchange 1 yuan for 10 flash coins, which was what the website used as their form of currency. In other words, if he were to buy one carnival, it could cost him only 3,000 yuan.

However, when he went to finalize the purchase, the system notified him that he had not logged in yet.

...Right. He'd forgotten about that.

And so, Mufeng had to register for an account. When it was time to enter a nickname, Mufeng thought for a moment and entered 'qin', but it turned out that his nickname was already taken by someone else.

"..."

He ended up adding a few more n's at the end and changed it to 'qinnnn'.

This time, the registration was finally successful.

Mufeng filled up his account and immediately purchased 10 carnival bundles. Instantly, the screen was filled up with the special effects of the carnivals, rendering everyone unable to see what was happening.

"Wtf where did this rich guy come from!"

"He bought 100 carnivals?! Isn't that like 300k yuan?!"

"Big Boss, with this kind of money, you can even buy a small celebrity instead of simping for a live streamer"

"No, Big Brother, even if you have money, you can't stop us from watching the livestream! This is too much!"

qinnnn: "Be careful next time."

"@stroboscopic assistant, it's time for you guys to level up. The most expensive gift is only 3,000 yuan. Are you looking down on the boss? Of course the least she deserves is 30,000 yuan!"

Following that, another person said, "Since that's the case, I'll buy her the dream castle bundle if she succeeds."

"If he succeeds, I'll give her the villa with a sea view."

Jiajia had been watching the livestream the entire time. She was so shocked that she couldn't close her mouth, and tears of envy slid down her face.

"We're both uploading videos, but why is Jiang Xun so outstanding?"

Haina was speechless as she patted Jiajia's shoulder in sympathy.

Meanwhile, Jiang Xun said to Bingbing, "That's enough."

Zhou Daxin had also found a good angle to film, and so Bingbing raised his hammer high and smashed it down on the stone heavily.

He was afraid that he would fail and cause Jiang Xun to lose face, but the stone slab shattered, and Jiang Xun stood up as if nothing had happened. "Alright, does anyone want to check the rest of the stones? If not, we'll take them away and properly dispose of them."

In the live chat.

"Wow, you're so civic-minded!"

"You're really good..."

The onlookers came up to check again.

They found that it was indeed a real stone, and there wasn't a single flaw in it. When they were done, Jiang Xun took out a bag and gathered the shattered fragments of the stones into it.

It was at this time that Jiajia came over and whispered, "A big shot just gave you a gift of 300,000 yuan."

"Huh?"Jiang Xun's eyes lit up. "I made 300,000 yuan all of a sudden? Can I cash it out now?"

"Yes, but the platform will take a cut," Jiajia explained. "It's 50-50, which means you'll only get 150k yuan."

"Not only that, Shanpin has a tax deduction system that will automatically deduct taxes for you. When you cash in your money, the system will automatically calculate the taxes you need to deduct, so you can only really withdraw the amount left after tax."

"This is good. It saves me from filing taxes by myself."Jiang Xun was glad that Shanpin could be so considerate.

She was preoccupied with the fact that she was able to earn so much with just one short video and one livestream! At this point, she didn't have to worry about her tuition and living expenses anymore, and on top of that, she could also return the money to Jixuan.

"Jiang...Jiang Xun, someone bought you a dream castle." Jiajia was practically drooling with envy.

"How much does one cost?"Jiang Xun tidied up the remainder of the slate and stood up with the bag.

"28,888 flash coins."

"Jiang Xun, someone also gave you a 6288 flash coin sea-view Villa."Haina looked at the screen again and felt numb. "I can't explain it. There are too many gifts."

In the live chat.

"6666. As long as she's really capable, I'll be her fan."

"I've said before that I'll be her fan if she's really filming. I've already subscribed to her!"

"It's rare for such queens to exist nowadays. I hope she doesn't break character!"

At this moment, Daxin handed the phone to Jiang Xun, who looked down and saw the comments. "What character? I don't do that."

"Hey, why are you looking down on us like that?"

"Oh that's such a good angle. I've been blessed."

"Oh my God, I'm gonna die. I admit defeat."

"Don't forget to apologize to me. You can do it on Weibo or on Shanpin. Goodbye." After Jiang Xun said that, she decisively turned off the live stream.

Chapter 53: Turns Out That I'm The Mad One

Jiang Xun glanced at the people present at the scene. "Now then, it's time for you to apologize to me. Once you've done so, give us your username so we can record it down," she said, much to the astonishment of everyone present.

This was too shameful!

"Can we apologize to you over the internet instead?" The fat boy raised his hand weakly.

"That's fine too." Jiang Xun nodded; she didn't care where they apologized as long as they did so.

Without any delay, the fat boy took out his phone and opened his Shanpin account, then left a comment on Jiang Xun's video, apologizing to her. When the others saw this, they followed suit. Some opened up their Weibo while others opened their Shanpin.

They apologized to Jiang Xun on these two platforms.

[ Merit Points + 320]

[ Merit Points + 52]

[ Merit Points + 16]

There were a lot of people apologizing to Jiang Xun on the platforms, but she ignored these people and left with Bingbing and the others.

On the way back, she opened the Shanpin cash withdrawal app. Since Shanpin would take a 50% cut of her earnings, she would have a total of 140k yuan after the relevant tax deductions.

There was also a notice on the cash withdrawal page from the platform: Shanpin would deduct the tax on behalf of the person.

It would be convenient for the person to make a declaration on the personal tax App at the beginning of the next year, and then make the final refund.

After receiving the cash, Jiang Xun immediately transferred 10,000 yuan to Jixuan to return the money that he'd given her.

But unexpectedly, she received a call from him. Jiang Xun accepted the call, but before she could speak, Jixuan asked, "Who did you borrow money from this time? If you borrowed money from someone else, you might as well just use mine. I've already said that there's no need to rush to return the money to me. Even if you wait until you have a job in the future, you can slowly return it."

In Jixuan's opinion, Jiang Xun didn't need to pay him back, but since she'd insisted, he'd relented. That said, he hadn't quite expected her to pay him back so quickly.

How long had it been since university started?

"It's my own money." Jiang Xun said, feeling a strange warmth in her chest.

Although Feng Nianzhen and Jiang Yuexi weren't that great, Jixuan wasn't a bad person despite having the temperament of a rich person. At the very least, he was still decent enough to want to repay kindness.

"I earned it from live streaming," Jiang Xun explained patiently.

"...Did you sell your looks?"Jixuan's voice suddenly rose. "Don't tell me you became one of those female streamers who deliberately wear clothes with low collars and say things like 'big brother~' in a sweet voice? Jiang Xun, there's no need for that! You don't have to do this, really!"

"..."

Jixuan's voice was so loud that it could be heard from the phone. Her roommates in the same car all heard it too, but they really couldn't find it in them to say anything in response.

"...I had a stone slab broken on my chest," Jiang Xun explained after a moment of silence. She had to wonder just what kind of livestreams Jixuan usually watched for that to be his first assumption.

"What's that?" Jixuan dug his ears, suspecting that he didn't hear it clearly.

"I broke a stone slab on my chest. It's a traditional performance." Jiang Xun hung up the phone and sent the short video she had taken to Jixuan.

Jixuan was completely speechless as he watched the video.

"I live streamed another performance today and even got money from it," Jiang Xun said to Jixuan. "Live streaming is so lucrative."

Jixuan:"..."

'Has she been doing something about livestreaming lately?' Jixuan thought to himself. Even if that was the case, the time she'd taken to prepare for everything was too short, wasn't it?

Yes, live streaming was indeed profitable, but only when one made it big. Not only that, one would require a full team of people to handle the technical department of things, otherwise wouldn't everyone be able to make a living off live streaming?

Did Jiang Xun manage to find the secret to wealth in such a short time?

"Not really," Jiang Xun said casually. "Today was my first livestream."

Jixuan was once again rendered speechless. If she could make so much money on her first livestream, could it be that Jiang Xun was born for this job?

She was just too lucky!

"Although you can earn money from livestreams, breaking a rock on your chest is too dangerous. Why don't you put on a different kind of performance in the future?" Jixuan advised earnestly. "One that doesn't involve risking your life, preferably."

"Okay," Jiang Xun agreed. "By the way, you don't have to give me money now. I have enough."

When she got back to the dormitory, Jiang Xun began to organize the list of people who needed to apologize to her. She divided the list into three parts: Weibo accounts, Shanpin accounts, and university forum accounts.

On the way back, Jiang Xun had received another 37 Merit Points.

She deleted all the usernames that had apologized from the list, then uploaded her livestream back onto the university forum.

Jiang Xun: "Those who spread rumors about me in the Forum, Please apologize to me by today. Otherwise, starting tomorrow, if anyone doesn't apologize, I'll post their username every day for everyone to see. I'll write things like, 'She's a good student from Beijing University, but she can't even admit when she's in the wrong."

Seeing Jiang Xun's post, the students who had participated in it were furious and started discussing it in private.

"Did you see what Jiang Xun posted? She's too arrogant!"

"She even wants to post our usernames."

"She dares?"

"I won't apologize. Let's see if she carries her threat out!"

"Hah! I think it's just an empty threat. If she doesn't post it tomorrow, she'll be the one who will lose face."

"Then we'll wait."

There were already quite a number of netizens who apologized on Weibo and Shanpin, but there were still some who felt that Jiang Xun was bluffing and that she might not have a complete list in her hands.

After all, there were so many people who had scolded her.

As for the people on the university forum, they were all too proud to apologize.

Jiang Xun sneered at the computer and energetically reorganized the list. Her Merit Points were at stake here!

Right now, she already had 782 Merit Points on hand, but there were still a lot of people who had yet to apologize. This method was so much more efficient than prowling the streets for thugs!

Jiang Xun didn't feel tired at all. She was still full of energy, so she found herself unable to sleep early. After 12:00 a.m. came and passed, she immediately posted the list of usernames up onWeibo, Shanpin, and the university forum.

"These are the people who haven't apologized to me yet. If you don't apologize today, I'll post it again tomorrow. It's useless even if you change your names; I've already messaged all of you. Even if you change your usernames, I'll know who you are."

The netizens were in a frenzy at her actions.

"She actually means it!"

"This is the first time I've seen such a person!"

"I was wondering why she sent me a private message and didn't say anything else. I thought she was mad for just sending me a message of my username, but it turns out I'm the mad one...."

This way, even if the other party had changed their name, Jiang Xun would still have a record of their message history, which meant that there was no escape for these users.

"Well, no wonder she could get into Beijing University—she's always three steps ahead. Her thinking is so meticulous that it's impossible to guard against her."

Jiang Xun then said on the university forum, "By the way, this forum only allows you to change your username every 90 days, so don't bother embarrassing yourself by trying to change it right now. Hurry up and apologize."

Everyone on the Forum was speechless.

This was really embarrassing!

Chapter 54: Can You Act Like A Human?

No one expected Jiang Xun to actually compile a complete list.

Did she have that much free time on her hands? Was it because she didn't have enough homework, or was the pressure of studying at Beijing University not high enough?

[Merit Points + 362]

And so, the rest of the people apologized to Jiang Xun.

She huffed in satisfaction. "Earning MP is so easy."

The system: "..."

It had a feeling that the Host had just wrenched open the door to a world of MP. Those netizens would become her main source of farming MP in the future..

Jiang Xun looked at the system interface and realized that she now had a total of 1,144 Merit Points.

[ Mission completed. Mission reward: Lifespan increased by 5 years, Ability Panel Increased. ]

So she could live up to 27 years old now. .

This time, Jiang Xun added [ Purification ] into her ability panel.

The body was the essence of a revolution, so she had to get her body ready.

After adding her new skill to the panel, Jiang Xun first took a look at the mission panel before enhancing any other abilities. A new, grayed out mission was available, which she selected.

[ Do you want to spend 1000 Merit Points to unlock an intermediate mission? ]

Jiang Xun took a deep breath and almost choked on her own saliva. She wanted nothing more than to strangle the system and ask why she wasn't told about this from the beginning!

"I just earned 1,000 Merit Points!"

"Host, I also didn't expect you to complete the mission so quickly! You have already completed all the beginner missions, so if you want to continue increasing your lifespan, you'll have to continue with the intermediate missions."

"Do you have so few basic missions?"Jiang Xun complained. "The system developer isn't very good."

The system coughed. "The basic missions are like a tutorial mode, you know. It's just to let you familiarize yourself with the missions. Although the intermediate missions cost more Merit Points, the rewards are also more generous."

Jiang Xun knew that she really could not stop at the beginner missions. She still had to live.

Just now, she'd spent 10 MP when adding the Purification skill to her ability panel, so she still had 1,134 MP left.

Ah...she hadn't even had these Merit Points for long, yet she would already have to part with them just to unlock another mission...

She selected [ Yes ] .

1,000 Merit Points were immediately deducted from her account.

[ Intermediate Missions have been unlocked. ]

Jiang Xun clicked on the mission.

[ Do you wish to spend 1,000 Merit Points to unlock an Intermediate mission? ]

"Hehe, why am I not surprised at all?"

The system laughed dryly in response.

Jiang Xun muttered, "This is only the first intermediate mission, yet it already costs 1,000 MP. In the future, the amount of MP required to open a mission will only increase."

She could feel her scalp going numb at the thought.

The system said, "Look on the bright side! Amongst all the Hosts I've worked with, you're the fastest at earning Merit Points!"

Jiang Xun tilted her head. "How many points have you seen in total?"

"I can't say; this is a confidential area of the business. However, our systems also communicate with each other, so I can say that oher systems don't earn as many Merit Points as you do."

Jiang Xun looked at the remaining 134 MP on the panel. She was curious about what would happen if she were to fully enhance her Purification ability.

And so, she converted 130 MP into 13 attribute points and added them to the Purification ability.

The system asked, "Host, aren't you going to save some for your next mission?"

"100 points isn't a lot. I'll just enhance my skills first before saving them up again. There are so many kind-hearted netizens who will provide me with MP, so what's there to be afraid of?"

"..."

It was just a superfluous question, yet Jiang Xun had given the system such a loaded answer.

Immediately after adding 13 attribute points to her Purification ability, Jiang Xun felt a warm current flowing through her body.

Her body began to sweat, but before she could observe what was going on, a cool feeling suddenly began to course through her body.

The sweat on her body immediately evaporated without a trace. Even the clothes she was wearing were still as cool as ever.

"That's it?"Jiang Xun blinked. "There's no discharge of dirt, grease, or black water?"

"Host, have you read too many ancient cultivation novels? After improving our technology, awkward situations like that won't happen anymore. Just now, your body was sweating and detoxifying, but the sweat and the toxins in your body immediately evaporated. You can increase your purification points anytime and anywhere, and you don't have to worry about any awkward things happening," the system said proudly.

Jiang Xun sneered. "Hehe, so should I praise you guys for being awesome? As a technology developer, isn't it normal for you to constantly improve your technology? Is this even worth bragging about?"

The system: "..."

Well then. Apparently, it was in the wrong for being so prideful to begin with. Sorry for offending you, Jiang Xun.

Jiang Xun pulled her mirror over. In the reflection, she saw that her skin was becoming more and more clear, almost as if she was looking at milk. Her eyes weren't too different from before, but they were exceptionally bright and clean.

Her aura became even purer.

With such a complexion, not even Jiang Xun could bear to do anything that would harm it.

She hummed. "I've only enhanced the ability by 13 points, but the effects are already like this? I wonder what will happen when I max it out."

She was looking forward to it.

Even her roommates felt that Jiang Xun seemed to have changed somehow, yet at the same time, she seemed to be the same as always.

In any case, they couldn't take their eyes off her.

*

Since she had decided to earn money and earn MP through live streaming, Jiang Xun began to plan for new content. She couldn't stop now, after all.

It would be best if she filmed a short video so that when the netizens saw it, they wouldn't believe her and would laugh at her online. After that, she could continue to clarify the situation through live streaming and then get them to apologize.

If she formed such a virtuous circle, would she still have to worry about MP?

The system knew what she was thinking.

"...Host, please act like a human for once."

Jiang Xun refreshed her Shanpin to see what other people had posted. Recently, she'd been seeing a lot of people posting videos of them eating lots of food, which had inspired her a bit.

Therefore, after class in the afternoon, Jiang Xun took her cell phone and phone stand to the cafeteria and ordered five large plates of dishes. Each plate was piled high with food until it resembled a small hill.

Jiang Xun fixed her phone on the stand, adjusted the camera angle, and began to eat.

In this way, the five large plates of dishes did not put any pressure on Jiang Xun.

After eating, she touched her belly and said, "I'm full."

As she edited the video, due to the fact that she was only allowed to post videos with a certain duration, she had no choice but to cut out a lot of the content and speed up the video appropriately.

As the system watched her, it commented, "Host, I suspect that you're doing it on purpose just to cause a misunderstanding among the netizens."

"Don't talk nonsense. If they were a little more friendly to me, then why would they misunderstand?"

She really was doing this on purpose!

This batch of netizens had really suffered some kind of misfortune to meet Jiang Xun who was doing nothing but scamming them!

Chapter 55: The Veterans Had A Bad Feeling

Even Bingbing saw the short video Jiang Xun posted and said, "Boss, your video sped up and cut out a lot of swallowing actions. It's very easy for the netizens to misunderstand that you are faking it."

Jiang Xun did not mind. "It's fine. At most, we can just start a livestream to clarify things."

Tailai: "Why does this feel a little familiar?"

Zhenghui: "Boss, it's like you're fishing for publicity."

Bingbing thought, 'Aren't you guys awfully familiar with these kinds of practices? Have you all been scammed in the same way before?'

Zhao Dejia: "...In the beginning, the boss only provoked the three of us, but now she's aiming for an entire sea of people!"

Jiang Xun remained silent.

They didn't have to word it in such an ugly way.

Indeed, the moment the video was posted, it riled up the netizens successfully, especially the ones who had previously been forced to apologize. This time, they felt as if they'd caught Jiang Xun in the act of doing something wrong and immediately leapt at the opportunity to criticize her.

"You doubled the speed of the video! Are you afraid that we will find out that you're faking your video?"

"Are you tryna make yourself look like one of those pretty girls with big appetites?"

"Big appetites aren't attractive, and besides, the country opposes wasting food. And you call yourself a top student at Beijing University."

"This kind of video should be banned. Clout chasers should be banned!"

"Wow you're really good at clickbait. In your last video, you had a stone slab smashed on your chest, but apparently you can't even hold yourself back for a few days before making another gross video."

"Absolutely no standards for the sake of clout. How disgusting!"

"I thought I misunderstood you, so I followed you for a while, but I've unsubscribed again."

There were also netizens who downloaded Jiang Xun's video and slowed it down again, checking it frame by frame.

"The part where she faked eating and vomited must have been cut out, otherwise how can she explain not even needing to swallow?"

"It's too fake. Even if she did swallow, she could have faked it. To think that she's still a student of Beijing University?"

"Don't give her any ideas."

"@beijing university, can you manage your own student and stop her from trying to please the public? It's also embarrassing for your school."

With her previous experience, Instructor Yang didn't blame Jiang Xun immediately. Instead, she contacted the people in the cafeteria.

After learning that Jiang Xun's daily appetite was this big, she was speechless. She couldn't possibly let a student go hungry!

After the video of her having a rock crushed on her chest, Jiang Xun now had more than 370,000 fans. As a result, more people saw her eating and broadcasting videos, and the number of comments that scolded her, disapproved of her, and doubted her were also much higher than last time.

There were 3,115 likes, but there were 7,809 comments, and half of them were negative comments.

However, this didn't necessarily mean that half the people who watched the video had left negative comments; instead, it seemed that there were some people who were spamming the comments and replying to many people.

As usual, Jiang Xun recorded these usernames down. She even recognized some of them from the time when she crushed the big rock on her chest. Many of them had questioned her and even directly messaged her back then.

"Huh. These people have some guts to pull the same stunt and not even change their usernames," she sneered. This time, after they apologized, she wouldn't delete their names off the list; she had a feeling that they would be there again the next time.

After that, she recorded another short video. "I'm Jiang Xun. In the previous eating video, many people suspected that I was faking it and said that I was wasting food."

"Ha! My appetite is so big, so I have to eat so much for every meal. It's already the 21st century, and I'm still not allowed to have a full meal? There is no way that I, of all people, can be wasting food. Moreover, to everyone watching the video, I guarantee that no one knows how to cherish food more than me!"

"I, Jiang Xun, would never waste food!" she declared arrogantly, raising her chin.

"This Saturday, at 12 o'clock sharp, I will livestream myself eating lunch at Xijing Restaurant." Jiang Xun also added the restaurant's name and location to the video description. "As usual, everyone is welcome to come watch. If you catch me eating fake food, I will compensate you with 10,000 yuan. There is no limit to the number of people. If I prove that I am eating real food, then you have to apologize to me."

"I have already recorded your usernames. If you don't apologize, I will post your usernames every day." Jiang Xun kindly reminded them, "Isn't it nice that newcomers to this experience can mingle with old veterans who have gone through the same thing?"

With an earnest smile, she said, "Don't go astray, now."

The newcomers ended up leaving the video utterly confused. Why did they still need to exchange experiences with the veterans?

The veterans in question, however, had a bad feeling about this.

Mom, Jiang Xun didn't actually eat all that, right?

They didn't want to be recorded again!

On Friday, Jiang Xun called Xijing Restaurant in advance and booked a small table for two and a large table for eight in the lobby.

Jiang Xun would be the only one sitting at the small table for two. She would definitely order a lot of dishes and fill the whole table.

If Bingbing and the others sat with her, those netizens who came to supervise her could find an excuse to say that someone was helping her finish the food, which was why she booked an eight-person booth for Bingbing and the others. She also instructed Xijing's people to arrange the two tables adjacent to each other.

On Saturday, Jiang Xun called her roommates, Bingbing, and the school bully trio to Xijing Restaurant for a meal.

They arrived 15 minutes early, after which Jiang Xun set her phone in place and adjusted it to a suitable angle, then ordered her dishes in advance and instructed the waiter to serve the dishes at 12 o'clock.

Not long after Jiang Xun sat down, many customers came to the restaurant one after another, quickly filling it up.There was even a long line outside the restaurant.

A waiter whispered to his colleague, "What's going on today? Although our restaurant is usually full, we don't have a long line at the entrance."

"Yeah." His colleague was also puzzled. "We are famous for our quality, not some internet celebrity."

"Also, there are a lot of reservations for this afternoon," the colleague said. "Usually, there are reservations, but most of our customers come here directly."

Those who had made reservations were all enthusiastic netizens who had come to watch Jiang Xun's livestream. Having been afraid that there wouldn't be any seats left, they'd made early reservations.

"Good thing that we made a reservation, or we'd have to queue up outside," one customer said, wiping the non-existent sweat from his forehead.

"I really didn't expect Jiang Xun's appeal to be so high."

"What appeal? They're all here to supervise her."

The customers who were waiting in line at the entrance of the restaurant craned their necks to look into the restaurant.

It didn't matter if they couldn't have lunch as long as they could watch Jiang Xun's livestream.

One of the waiters even thoughtfully brought out plastic benches so that the customers outside could sit down.

As soon as it was 12 o'clock, Jiang Xun started broadcasting on time.

The waiter saw that the people waiting in line at the door were not in a hurry at all. They all took out their phones to watch the livestream.

How in sync everyone was!

Chapter 56: I Have Money, So Why Should She Hold Back?

Were they all watching the same livestream?

The waiters were all curious as to what kind of livestream could be so awesome.

When the waiters served the dishes, Jiang Xun set up an elevated phone stand that she'd specifically bought so that she could capture the entire table of dishes as well as herself.

Without another word, she started eating.

Her motions were quick and beautiful so that even though she was eating big mouthfuls of food, she didn't look like she was wolfing it down like a barbarian. She would only swallow after she finished chewing.

"Look at Jiang Xun eating so much."

"Wow, she's almost done with a bowl of rice."

"She's clearly eating quickly and in big mouthfuls, but why do I have the feeling that she cherishes food very much? Am I seeing things?"

"You're not alone, I think so too."

"I've followed some gluttonous people before, and there were also some people who have done livestreams. But they all ate very slowly, and it was extremely uncomfortable to watch them eat, unlike in their edited videos. But Jiang Xun... She's going way too fast!"

"And she's not slowing down at all."

"My face hurts just watching her eat."

"What's she rushing so much for? It's not like we know how much she can eat."

"Anyway, there's such a big table. No one can eat that much."

The rice bowls in the restaurant were small. Jiang Xun had already polished off three bowls, but it was still not enough, so she asked the waiter for three more bowls of rice.

The netizens who came to watch the scene couldn't just sit there since they had already made reservations. Therefore, they ordered some dishes and watched Jiang Xun while eating their own food.

Then, they realized that Jiang Xun's eating speed was actually about the same as their normal eating speed!

"She's already eaten six bowls of rice, yet she's still closing her eyes and enjoying it! What kind of stomach does she have? !"

Jiang Xun's table was already full of food that had been swept clean. There wasn't even any soup left.

"We must cherish the food and not leave any leftovers. Eat more while there's still food to eat. Otherwise, when there's nothing left, you won't be able to cry even if you regret it." Jiang Xun looked at the camera. Her sincere and serious gaze seemed to pierce through the screen and hit everyone watching the livestream.

"Oh my God, I have leftovers from every meal. I suddenly feel so guilty."

"I'm on a diet to lose weight. There are so many delicacies, but I didn't cherish them. I feel like I'm too heartless."

"I just want to ask, why are you still so thin even though you can eat so much?"

"Yeah, if you weren't so thin, there wouldn't be so many people who would think that you're faking it."

"Not that I want to stir something up, but most of the beautiful people who livestream their meals are either completely different in person, or they fake their meals and vomit everything up later on."

"Eat until you're full, exercise more, and your body will be healthier," Jiang Xun said seriously, "If you're ever in danger, you will have enough strength and stamina to protect yourself. If you eat less, you'll have less strength, and if you don't exercise, your body will be weak. When the apocalypse comes, the first batch of people to die will be these people."

The netizens in the livestream room could only blink at her words.

"Why are you talking about the Apocalypse? Don't scare me."

Jiang Xun wiped her mouth and called for the waiter to pay the bill. She said to the camera, "Whether it's the apocalypse or other dangers, strength and stamina are some of the things you need to protect yourself."

"Jiang Xun is right. Even if it's not the apocalypse, there are many other kinds of dangers, like earthquakes, avalanches, and other natural disasters, as well as fires, kidnappings, and other man-made injuries. We can only rely on ourselves to hold on before we can be rescued, or we won't even have the chance to wait for rescue."

"Let's not talk about it. I'm not going on a diet today. I'll just rely on exercise to lose weight."

"I've already ordered a treadmill to work out at home."

"I'll go to the gym after work tonight to ask about a membership."

"I originally thought that Jiang Xun was a streamer who didn't have any standards when it came to sensationalism. I didn't expect her to be an ambassador of positive energy."

[qinnnn gifted 100 carnivals to the streamer]

"Boss, we agreed that we wouldn't block the screen even if we gave her a gift."

Mufeng paused.

He'd completely forgotten about that.

Mufeng put down his phone and pinched the space between his eyebrows. Then, he said to Chengnan, who was sitting in the front passenger seat, "Tell Shanpin to hurry up and send Jiang Xun the gift."

Every time he sent a reward, the screen would be blocked by the gift animations so that no one could see it. It was too outrageous.

Chengnan looked at Mufeng through the rearview mirror with a complicated expression, unable to control himself. "President, you feel guilty towards Jiang Xun. You think that she was kicked out of the house and had her tuition and living expenses cut off because of you. If you give her money directly, Jiang Xun wouldn't take it, so you're giving her money this way."

"However, you gave her a gift of 300,000 yuan last time. After deducting the tax from the platform's share, the money that Jiang Xun received should be enough to cover her tuition and living expenses for two to three years as long as she doesn't spend too much."

In other words, there was no need to continue tipping Jiang Xun.

"..." Mufeng paused for a moment before saying in a deep voice, "I have money, so why should she have to hold herself back from spending?"

These words sounded as if Jiang Xun had some relationship with Mufeng.

Chengnan had nothing else to say to that.

At this moment, the live chat was very lively.

"Yo, boss! You're the man!"

"Host, you have to thank the boss! He's like your number 1 fan, you have to protect him! Your future popularity might depend on him!"

Jiang Xun blinked and looked at her three roommates.

Jiajia whispered, "Usually, if other streamers get such a generous tip from someone, they'll normally thank them."

Jiang Xun nodded to show that she understood. She looked at the camera and said solemnly, "Thank you, Boss!"

"PFFT!"

"Streamers are really straightforward."

"She's different from other streamers. I followed her."

"Now then. Apologize for spreading rumors about me. As usual, do it on Weibo and Shanpin." Jiang Xun's gaze was deep, as if she could see through the lens of every audience member. "Don't even think about running away."

It was then that a chill ran down the spines of the veteran harassers. They skillfully opened their private messages on Weibo and Shanpin. Sure enough, they saw that Jiang Xun had sent them a private message. It was a familiar formula, and it was their username name.

Even if they changed their names, they could recognize it from the username she had sent.

[Merit Points + 1573]

Jiang Xun could say that this time, those haters were finally more self-aware. In the future, she hoped that they would continue to maintain their terrible online etiquette and provide her with MP.

"Today's livestream is over," Jiang Xun said as she raised her hand to turn off the livestream.

"Wait!" The netizens in the live chat hated that they could not turn on their microphones.

"When will you stream next time?"

"Can't you stream every day like other streamers?"

Someone even asked in a strange tone, "What new tricks will you do next time?"

"Don't tell me you want to keep doing eating videos?"

"I've seen too many people who do that. It's no fun anymore."

Chapter 57: I Thought You Liked Her?

Jiang Xun ignored those strange words and thought for a moment. "If nothing unexpected happens, we'll schedule a livestream every Saturday from now on."

She couldn't livestream every day like other streamers; she had to rack up Merit Points, so every time she streamed, she had to make the netizens think that it was impossible for her to complete a certain task.

When the netizens found out that they had wronged her, they would apologize to her.

However, if she did this too many times, the netizens would probably not fall for it.

Therefore, she had to control the frequency of these kinds of streams. She would have to carefully plan out when she would pull off those stunts as well as create a sustainable environment where she could farm MP.

She couldn't do it all in one go.

"As for the livestream content, I will post another video." After Jiang Xun said that, she ignored the comments that told her not to go offline and decisively turned the stream off..

She paid the bill for her and Bingbing's table and walked out together with everyone.

The income from today's livestream was quite good. Although there were many people who scolded her and waited to see her make a fool of herself, there were also many people who had given her gifts.

The gifts were not expensive—they all ranged from a few to 10+ yuan, but there were quite a lot of people who had gifted her. Not only that, her subscriber count had soared to 870,000.

In the blink of an eye, she could already be considered a mid-to-upper-level internet celebrity.

As soon as Jiang Xun left the restaurant, she saw Chengnan standing at the entrance to the restaurant. Just as she was about to pretend that she didn't see him and walk in the opposite direction, Chengnan hurriedly called out to her. "Jiang Xun!"

She couldn't pretend that she hadn't seen him, so she could only watch helplessly as Chengnan brought over what looked to be a bag from a pharmacy.

"Jiang Xun." Chengnan handed the bag to her. "The president knew that you were having a livestream today. He was afraid that you would feel uncomfortable if you ate too much, so he specially bought some medicine and asked me to bring it to you."

Without waiting for her to speak, he quickly explained, "The president knew that you didn't want to see him, so he asked me to bring it to you. Otherwise, he would've brought it to you personally.

Jiang Xun didn't pick up, he said to Chengnan seriously, "Please tell Mr. Qin that it's very easy for people to misunderstand his relationship with me when he's acting like this. Please ask him not to do such things in the future, whether it be him, you, or someone else."

She pursed her lips and paused for a few seconds before saying, "Besides, he's too old for me. The two of us aren't compatible."

Chengnan was struck speechless.

Bingbing and the others didn't know who Mr. Qin was.

But seeing that Chengnan was already in his late 20s, it was likely that the CEO he was talking about wasn't young either.

All of them nodded their heads furiously in agreement with Jiang Xun.

A middle-aged man actually wanted an 18-year-old girl? How shameless!

Chengnan was stunned by Jiang Xun's last sentence, his brain having gone completely blank.

How did Jiang Xun steer the topic in this direction? And also, why were the people behind her agreeing?!

The CEO didn't have that kind of interest in Jiang Xun... right?

"I'll have to trouble you to make the trip back." Jiang Xun nodded lightly. "I can't accept the things, and I don't feel any discomfort in my stomach right now."

After saying that, she turned around and left with Bingbing and the others.

Chengnan opened his mouth, wanting to stop Jiang Xun, but he realized that he was stuck. Even if he stopped her, what could he say to her?

Moreover, his mind was still buzzing with her words from earlier, so he ended up staggering back to the car in a daze.

"She won't accept them?" This whole time, Mufeng had been sitting in the car. While he couldn't hear what Jiang Xun said, he could see that she didn't take the medicine.

"Yes. "Chengnan braced himself and repeated what Jiang Xun had said. "She said that in order to avoid other people misunderstanding something, she asked you not to do this again, whether you go see her personally or get someone else to see her in your stead."

Chengnan hesitated. In the end, he didn't know whether he should tell Mufeng the other thing she'd said.

Noticing this, however, Mufeng narrowed his eyes slightly. "What else did she say?"

Chengnan looked troubled.

"Speak!" Mufeng ordered in a deep voice.

"She said that you are too old for her and that you are not suitable for her." Chengnan spoke quickly and closed his eyes after saying that.

Mufeng's face instantly darkened. Chengnan laughed dryly. "Miss Jiang's words are a little funny. How could she misunderstand you as being interested in her? President, you are only feeling guilty toward her, it's not that you like her, ahahaha..."

As Chengnan spoke, he saw Mufeng's face turning darker and darker. His dry laughter became softer and softer, and his smile became stiffened until the laughter disappeared.

Chengnan suddenly had a terrifying thought.

Mufeng... It couldn't be!

"I'm not that old, am I?!" Mufeng exclaimed, his expression stormy.

Chengnan blinked.

Was...was this what he should be worried about? Shouldn't he be worrying about the fact that Jiang Xun was too narcissistic and thought that he liked her?

*

The netizens who were eating in Xijing Restaurant had taken pictures from various angles and posted them on the Internet. It was enough to prove that Jiang Xun wasn't faking her big appetite.

However, there were still people who said disdainfully, "She might've eaten everything for real, but who knows if she vomited it all out when she went home?"

"She ate so much and relies on exercise to maintain her figure? Then just how intense is the exercise she does? Stop kidding around!"

"Her words are just lies to ignorant people. Just calculate the calories in her meal and you will know. For this meal, she has to run at least 100 kilometers to burn it all off, but that's the distance from the capital to the neighboring Sanshui City, so she'd have to keep running non-stop! If she keeps running and stopping for breaks, she wouldn't be burning off many calories, either."

"What nonsense is the person above saying?"

"It's fine to be a person who eats too much and works hard to keep fit, but you've gone too far. Do you really think she's a fool?"

"More importantly, you're the fool who believes her."

When Jiang Xun saw these comments, she sent them a private message without saying a word.

"Milk Candies."

"Scrap Pickers of the past."

"Demonic Positioning."

"Ding Xiaoyi."

"Sand Fishing."

"Split Underpants."

"Dan Dan."

The seven people who had been privately messaged by Jiang Xun felt a chill run down their spine.

What was she trying to do this time?!

They had never commented on this before, so they had never experienced anything like having their usernames marked by Jiang Xun's private messages.

When they saw the others talking about this matter, they did not feel like they were experiencing the same thing and had even felt that it was impossible for Jiang Xun to send private messages to each and every one of them.

But now, that exact scenario has happened to them! It was only then did they feel this horror.

Splits underpants: "Are you crazy? You sent everyone a private message!"

Jiang Xun could not be bothered with such an incompetent and furious netizen, so she went to check her Merit Points.

She now had a total of 1,577 points, so she immediately clicked on the Intermediate mission button.

[ Do you want to spend 1,000 Merit Points to unlock the Intermediate mission panel? ]

She decisively clicked on [ Yes ] .

Chapter 58: I Support You!

[ Intermediate Mission panel ] unlocked.

The Intermediate Mission panel was the same as the beginner Mission panel in that it did not show the total number of missions available to her; the proceeding missions would likely only appear once she'd completed the first one.

Jiang Xun selected the first mission.

[ Do you wish to spend 5000 Merit Points to unlock the Intermediate Mission? ]

Jiang Xun was silent for a moment. "Hehe, if this mission doesn't reward me with a lifespan of eight to ten years, I won't let the system off lightly."

Hearing that, the system went silent for a few moments as well before tentatively asking, "Host, how are you going to let me off?"

It wasn't like she could hit it, after all.

Jiang Xun sneered. "Although I can't hit you, I can scold you until you shut down every day."

"..."

"I know that you're bored and want to chat with me every day. I can scold you until you shut down, or I can ignore you and make you lose the only person you can talk to. Choose for yourself. Which one do you want?"

"... Don't worry, Host. The rewards won't let you down."

If it couldn't satisfy Jiang Xun, it would report to Jiang Xun until she was satisfied!

At first, Jiang Xun thought that she would be able to start the Mission as soon as she unlocked the Intermediate Mission Panel, but she did not expect to once again become broke. She still had to continue fighting for Merit Points.

Now that she thought about it, she still had to think of a way to get rid of the netizens.

Jiang Xun browsed through the comment section again. She saw that the seven netizens who had just been privately messaged by her were huddled together in a group of incompetence and fury.

Milk Candies: "Did I say anything wrong?! How can you prove that you did not induce vomiting after you logged off the stream?"

Scrap Pickers of the Past: "If you have the ability, then tell us how much exercise you do every day!"

Demonic Positioning: "I said that you needed to run 100 km a day. It's reasonable, so do it!"

Ding Xiaoyi: "If you can't prove it, we won't ask you to pay 10,000 yuan. You can apologize to us instead."

Their words also attracted the support of many netizens.

"That makes sense. Jiang Xun eats so much. She needs to have enough exercise to match it."

There were also netizens who had turned to Jiang Xun's side after the first two stunts.

"I advise you to be cautious and doubt it. Though her words sound unbelievable at first, when has she ever lied?"

"We didn't believe that she could crush a boulder in her chest. But in the end? She really did it."

"Some people questioned her appetite, but her live broadcast proved it was real."

"Even if she went off-stream to induce vomiting, she did actually eat all that food during the live broadcast. It wasn't a lie."

Jiang Xun pursed her lips. "... Don't speak up for me! Let them curse away!"

The system stared at her blankly.

"If they speak up for me and end up convincing those people, then who am I supposed to farm MP from?"

Jiang Xun felt that this wouldn't do, so she registered an alternate account named (Jiangxun's Hater).

"... Host, can you be more creative with your alternate account?"

"This way, people will be able to recognize me as a hater at a glance and feel at ease to boldly follow me."

"Not even internet trolls are that stupid!"

Jiang Xun and Blackie: "What a joke. isn't vomiting a waste of food? Why do you need to eat so much just to attract attention? After that, do you want to vomit again?"

Sand Fishing: "That's right. So what if you eat it? Is vomiting supposed to be a good thing?"

Split underpants replied to Jiangxun's Hater: "Friend, I advise you to change your name. Otherwise, Jiang Xun will take a screenshot of your username and humiliate you. That's all a dog is good for anyway."

Jiangxun's Hater: "I'm not afraid! People like that shouldn't be coddled!"

Dan Dan: "That's right! I support you!"

Jiang Xun grinned maniacally. "See that?"

"..."

Forget it. Other, more sane people would make an account to speak up for themselves, but Jiang Xun made one to slander herself. No hater would believe such an absurd thing even if they saw it with their own eyes!

Upon seeing the hate comments, an idea popped into Jiang Xun's head. After she went back to the dormitory, she started to prepare for it.

*

On Sunday, Jiang Xun was studying the map of imperial city in her dormitory when Daxin suddenly rushed inside with a bang, carrying a bag of snacks in her hand. "Lin Youyan just posted a video. I've sent it to our group. Quick, go watch it."

As soon as Daxin finished speaking, the three of them received a notification on their phones at the same time.

Jiang Xun opened the video. Jiajia and Haina moved to her side and the three of them watched the video on her phone.

In the video, Lin Youyan was having a barbecue at an online celebrity kebab shop. She was gentle and leisurely eating the kebab while commenting on the taste of it. "Everyone must have a taste of this chicken meat. The chef has removed all the bones, and the meat tastes delicious and soft. Even if you come here with your boyfriend, you don't have to worry about your image."

Youyan smiled and said, "I'm still single, so I'm eating alone here purely to help everyone explore the shop. I'm just an ordinary girl with a big appetite. These things are just right for me. I Can't be a glutton who eats a lot. After all, whether it's faking your meal of vomiting everything out when you're done, it's all a waste of food in the end."

"I'll never stoop so low just for fame. I will never do such a thing."

"This was a part of her Shanpin livestream yesterday. This clip was posted by someone else," Daxin spat. "The only thing she's not doing is directly naming you!

"What does Jiang Xun's livestream have to do with her? Isn't she also doing the same thing?" Haina said angrily. "Why's she gotta be so passive aggressive?"

"A lot of people commented on it. They're praising Lin Youyan and trampling on Jiang Xun at the same time," Daxin noted as she scrolled through the comments of the video.

When Jiang Xun opened the comments, as expected, they were all praising Youyan.

"This is a streamer with actual positive energy"

"Yanyan, we don't have to bother with Jiang Xun. What rubbish!"

"Our Yanyan is the best."

"Why hasn't Shanpin banned Jiang Xun?"

"Jiang Xun had lunch on the livestream yesterday afternoon, but Lin Youyan also had dinner on the livestream at night. Isn't it obvious who she's referring to?" Jiajia's face was sullen.

"Yeah, Jiang Xun isn't on the same playing field as she is. Lin Youyan relies on her looks, but Jiang Xun relies on her content. Does she think she can do the same?" Daxin said indignantly.

"Jiang Xun's fans are growing too fast, and people are talking about her a lot. Youyan's video content is too simple—she either dances, does makeup tutorials, and puts on clothes in the sun. It's not as diverse as Jiang Xun's."

"It won't be long before Jiang Xun overtakes her, so wouldn't she try to crush Jiang Xun?"Haina analyzed rationally, "Moreover, although she won by a small number of votes in the previous election, it was an unfair victory because Jiang Xun didn't want to compete with her in the first place. But they're both in the same school, so it's inevitable that they'll be compared."

"Jiang Xun, what do you plan to do?" Jiajia asked.

"Nothing. I'm not doing another lunch stream." Jiang Xun snorted. "I've already thought of what to stream next week. If she's capable, she will continue to learn from me."

Chapter 59: The Person Behind Jiang Xun Is Qin Mufeng

At 8 pm, Jiang Xun started another livestream, which surprised all the people who were following her.

[I thought I wouldn't be able to watch Jiangjiang's livestream again until next Saturday.]

"[Why did Jiangjiang suddenly start a livestream today? There wasn't even an announcement about it. It's a good thing I was already on Shanpin when she started, or I would have missed it.]

It had only been a day, yet she apparently already had a nickname amongst her viewers.

The surprise wasn't limited to her followers, either; Chengnan was also very surprised. He had been ordered by Mufeng to keep an eye on Jiang Xun's livestreams, but since he was worried about missing any due to his being busy with work, he turned on notifications for Jiang Xun so that he would be informed whenever she started streaming.

Thus, just as Jiang Xun started streaming, Chengnan received a call from the general manager of the livestreams, Wang Yicheng, after which he immediately called Mufeng. "President, Jiang Xun suddenly started streaming just now."

"Tell Shanpin to promote Jiang Xun's livestream on the home page,"Mufeng immediately instructed.

Chengnan quickly went to tell Yicheng his orders, but Yicheng couldn't help but gossip. "Assistant Zhang, are President Qin and Jiang Xun..."

The corner of Chengnan's mouth twitched. He thought to himself, "Even if you asked me, I wouldn't know!"

"Who knows what the president is thinking? Since he's already given the order, hurry up and do it. Let people see Jiang Xun's live stream as soon as possible," he urged.

After Yicheng gave the order, he then said to Chengnan, "However, even if Mr. Qin hadn't said anything, the company plans to focus on promoting Jiang Xun. She's quite popular, and her fans are growing very fast. To be honest, she's the fastest growing influencer I've seen ever since Shanpin was created."

"She's still on probation, though. If her popularity and fan growth can continue, we plan to sign her on." Yicheng lowered his voice mysteriously, "That's why I wanted to ask you about Jiang Xun's relationship with Mr. Qin. Is it suitable for us to sign her on?"

Chengnan thought that Yicheng was really an old fox! He was beating around the bush so much before getting to the point!

"I really don't know." Chengnan had no choice but to say. "How about this: I'll ask the president for his opinion."

"Yes, please do!" Yicheng agreed decisively. This would be a good opportunity to see Mufeng's attitude.

With Shanpin promoting Jiang Xun's livestream behind the scenes, both fans and non-fans knew that she was streaming, so the number of people in the live chat soared to over two million in just a few minutes.

Mufeng was watching her live stream when he received a call from Chengnan.

"Next time, don't call me when Jiang Xun is streaming," Mufeng said disdainfully as he picked the phone up.

"...Yes, President." Chengnan inwardly complained that Mufeng was becoming more and more difficult to please. He then said, "Shanpin's general manager, Wang Yicheng, just told me that they are interested in signing Jiang Xun on."

Though Chengnan didn't have to say anything, Mufeng could guess why Yicheng would tell him about this.

That sly fox.

Mufeng snorted. "Sure, he can sign her on, but he has to personally convince Jiang Xun."

After a brief pause, he said, "Forget it, I'll tell Yicheng personally."

After hanging up the phone, Mufeng took out his tablet and turned on Jiang Xun's livestream on it. This way, even if he called Yicheng, he wouldn't miss out on watching it.

In the meantime, Yicheng was anxiously waiting for Chengnan's reply, but he didn't expect Mufeng to call him personally.

The hand which he was using to hold his phone trembled lightly before he accepted the call. "President Qin."

Although Shanpin had its own person in charge, the biggest shareholder of the company was Qin Yang. As a result, Mufeng's words were more effective than Shanpin's CEO.

"Shanpin can sign Jiang Xun on," Mufeng said, "but only if she is willing. If not, then forget it, but if she's fine with it, then you can be her manager and take care of her personally. Also, her resources must be under my supervision."

In other words, even if Yicheng were to be a manager, he would just be a figurehead. The real person behind Jiang Xun would be Qin Mufeng himself.

Yicheng couldn't help but curse in his heart. What was Mufeng playing at?

Wouldn't it be great if he directly became Jiang Xun's manager?

Yicheng could even imagine Mufeng as some kind of godlike figure behind Jiang Xun.

Without mentioning the fact that Jiang Xun was already dominating the streamer scene, with Mufeng backing her, if she really wanted to develop herself more in entertainment, she could do whatever she wanted.

"Okay," Yicheng agreed immediately.

As he hung up the phone, he wondered what the relationship between Jiang Xun and Mufeng was. Although he still couldn't figure it out, he could tell how much Mufeng valued Jiang Xun.

In which case, he should also value Jiang Xun very much.

*

Jiang Xun didn't know what Mufeng had secretly done for her.

The number of viewers in her livestream room had already reached over three million, which was a number not easily attainable even by top internet influencers on Shanpin.

Some netizens scolded her as soon as they tuned into the stream.

[She's definitely getting the favorite daughter treatment, right? She suddenly started a livestream, and Shanpin media even promoted her. Not even Lin Youyan, who's a sponsored streamer, has ever received such treatment.]

[Did Jiang Xun sign a contract with Shanpin?"]

[No wonder she's been posting videos and streams that have no standards at all. Shanpin didn't even ban her. How disgusting!]

[You still have the nerve to start a live stream? Trash, get lost!]

Jiang Xun looked at these videos and was puzzled. Since when did Shanpin start promoting her?

Jiajia was still a moderator in Jiang Xun's livechat, so she couldn't leave for now. Therefore, Daxin left the livechat to see what was going on, then she nodded to Jiang Xun behind her phone.

Jiang Xun temporarily suppressed this matter and continued, "Today's livestream is to preview the content of next Saturday's livestream. I will be streaming myself running for 100 km," Jiang Xun said.

Upon hearing her words, the livechat immediately exploded.

[Are you really going to run 100 km?]

[Going after those haters this time?]

[No wonder that hater was so incompetent and angry for a long time last night. Jiangjiang even marked his ID. It seems that she's trying to prove that she really can exercise that much!]

[That said, one marathon is already 42 km, so you're going to run two and a half marathons. Can you really do it?]

[Host, are you sure you're going to run? Not walk?]

[Yeah, walking 100 km isn't impossible for some of the current hiking streamers.]

"Yes, I'm going to run. I won't stop even once," Jiang Xun said calmly.

[Wow, you're really daring! You're not planning to run all the way to Sanshui City, are you?]

[Well you said it. We'll follow you when the time comes.]

Jiang Xun nodded and said carelessly, "Whatever."

[Then do you dare to post the route map?]" A netizen asked.[We'll wait for you on the road to see if you're really running.]

Jiang Xun nodded again. "After the livestream, I'll post the route map on Shanpin and Weibo. Everyone can download it as you wish."

Chapter 60: Why Couldn't She Get A Rhythm Going?

[100 kilometers? Don't run yourself to death.] someone said. No one could tell whether this person was truly worried or harbored malicious intentions.

"As usual, 've memorized all the usernames already," Jiang Xun said suddenly. "We'll see the results on Saturday."

After saying that, she turned off the livestream. Everyone in the livechat was caught off guard as they faced the pitch-black screen.

[She wrote down the usernames again!]

[Why is she so insistent on getting others to apologize to her!]

[You're some kind of comedian, aren't you? If you made malicious comments, then of course you should apologize!]

[The internet is a lawless place. It's because we ignored all those malicious comments before that ended up encouraging these awful habits. It's time for someone to do something about it].

Jiang Xun switched off her sub-account and clicked into the live chat. She saw that many netizens had not left yet.

"Why are there still people speaking up for me?" Anxious, Jiang Xun immediately used her [Jiangxun's Hater] account to comment, "Is her sensationalism the right thing to do? Even if she can do it, others may not be able to do it. Isn't she teaching people the wrong thing?"

[Forget it. Shanpin is a real-name system, and it limits the time minors can use it. The rest of the viewers are all adults. If they, as adults, don't have even the barest minimum of common sense and just imitate whatever they see people do on screen, they might as well just go back to the drawing board at that point.]

Jiang Xun pursed her lips in silence.

Why couldn't she seem to get a rhythm going?

Fortunately, after this person finished speaking, more haters came lining up for a fight, so Jiang Xun left after that.

After the livestream ended, the spot which Shanpin had used to promote Jiang Xun's stream was promptly replaced with someone else's stream.

Just as Jiang Xun was wondering why Shanpin would suddenly give her such a big recommendation, she received a phone call from an unfamiliar number.

"Hello?" she asked.

"Excuse me, is this Jiang Xun? Miss Jiang?" The voice on the other end sounded like a middle-aged man with a foreign accent.

"I am." Jiang Xun was puzzled. "May I know who you are?"

"I am the general manager of Shanpin Media, Wang Yicheng." Yicheng had no intention of hiding his position. After all, he had to sign Jiang Xun on. Shanpin Media's headquarters were in the capital, so Jiang Xun would've eventually found out about his position if she attended events or needed to do something at the headquarters.

Yicheng couldn't help but ridicule Qin Mufeng in his heart. That man had really made things difficult for him.

"Miss Jiang, we've been observing your data on the Shanpin and feel that you have great potential. That's why we want to sign a contract with you. Do you have any questions?" Yicheng asked.

Jiang Xun was shocked at his words. "Does the manager need to personally contact someone to sign a contract?"

Yicheng paused.

Of course not!

"Although I'm the general manager, I'm also in charge of signing people on. The specifics are decided based on our company's potential and your ranking as an internet celebrity." Yicheng lied. "We've been reviewing your data before today and even promoted it for you. We wanted to see how effective promoting you could be if we give you the resources. Judging from the results tonight, it's pretty good."

"I know you're going to have a running livestream next Saturday. According to the livestream data tonight, the data next Saturday will be very shocking. "That's why I want to finalize the contract with you before next week's livestream," Yicheng said. "In this way, when you livestream next week, we'll be able to support you with the platform's resources."

These words were true, at least. Yicheng really liked the projected results the next week's livestream would have. The number of viewers in Jiang Xun's live chat tonight were the highest Shanpin had ever seen.

Even though her 100 km marathon livestream was too gimmicky, if only a third of her viewers watched it on time, then he could promote her on Shanpin. If that happened, the number of viewers could even exceed 10 million!

Jiang Xun thought that this could explain why Shanpin had suddenly given her such a big promotion tonight. So it was because he thought highly of her and had recommended her to test the waters first.

"With all due respect, how do you prove that you're not a liar?" She asked cautiously.

Yicheng did not mind her question; it was only normal for someone to ask something like this."Are you free next week? How about we make an appointment at the company to discuss the specifics of the contract? That way, you can determine whether I'm a liar or not. If the contract is confirmed, we'd better sign it before your livestream on Saturday so that we can quickly make arrangements for resource allocation."

"Is 3:30 p.m. tomorrow okay?" Jiang Xun's class ended at 2:30 p.m. tomorrow, and there would be no class after that.

"Okay," Yicheng quickly agreed. He planned to hang up the phone later and ask his assistant to push his work after 3:30 p.m.

Jiang Xun was silent for a moment and asked dryly, "Do you have that much time as a general manager?"

This man had agreed so readily that she felt that he would be free whenever she went to look for him.

Yicheng felt rather light-headed at her question. "I just happened to be free..." he replied, though he still gave off a rather suspicious feeling.

"Alright." Jiang Xun was just asking casually.

In the end, she set an appointment with Wang Yicheng for Monday afternoon.

*

After class, Jiang Xun set off for the Shanpin Media headquarters. As time was tight, she took a car there instead of running.

When she arrived, she was taken to the general manager's office.

It turned out that Wang Yicheng was not a liar.

When he saw Jiang Xun, Yicheng was in a daze for a moment.

He did not expect her to be so beautiful in person.

As the general manager of Shanpin Media, he had seen a lot of celebrities during Shanpin Media's annual Celebrity Festival and all the major events sponsored by Shanpin Media.

Those female celebrities could be said to be some of the most beautiful people in all of China.

But now, he felt that Jiang Xun was even more beautiful than Su Youlan, who was known as the most beautiful woman in the entertainment industry.

He had seen Jiang Xun's short video before and thought that she'd only looked like that because of some rather heavy beauty filters, but now that he'd seen her in person, he could tell that nothing about those videos were doctored at all.

In fact, she looked much better in person than in the video.

He had really found a treasure this time!

Lin Youyan was also an online celebrity who had signed a contract with Shanpin. He had seen her in person before, but she could not be compared to Jiang Xun.

"Jiang Xun, please take a seat." Yicheng pointed at the sofa while he sat across from it.

After Jiang Xun sat down, Yicheng said, "How about this? Let me first state the conditions that we can provide."

"As long as it is within the limits of the platform and does not violate the laws and regulations of the country, we will not restrict your video shooting and livestream content," Yicheng said. "We will also provide you with recommended resources on the platform so that more netizens can watch your short videos and live streams. You will also be able to gain more followers. We will help you contact screening advertisements and suitable commercial activities. When you do not have the inspiration to shoot short videos, we can also help you plan for them."

"In addition, if you aren't signed on with us, Shanpin takes a 50% cut of the money you receive from viewers, but if you're signed on with us, Shanpin will only take a 40% cut."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 91.2K 40
✫ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐆𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐚 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...
919K 49.7K 58
𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞〢𝐁𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 〈𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 1〉 𝑶𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...
2.8M 46.6K 15
"Stop trying to act like my fiancée because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
3.8M 160K 62
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...