TBATE-PRODIGY

بواسطة Lancelot1864

Just another what if fanfic of TBATE (the beginning after the end) originally written by TurtleMe. In this f... المزيد

Prolog
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Announcement
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132-Final
Update

Chapter 98

1.3K 58 40
بواسطة Lancelot1864

Aya Grephin POV

Silence. There wasn't even a single laugh heard as I walked through the streets of Vildorial. Several soldiers sat down in the streets, and others walked around in small formations. The civilians who stayed in Darv walked around with their heads low. It even seemed like the city grew darker.

The morale among everyone in the city was incredibly low. After word of the gruesome torture and death of Mica had spread, everyone seemed to have lost hope, not just in the war, but in us. The Lances were supposed to be a symbol of power, but this Sameer showed just how much stronger he was compared to us. He killed two birds with one stone that day, Mica and the troops' faith in us. I still remember when Bairon brought her body back, limbs missing, skin rotted off and burned like she was doused in acid, eyes gauged out, and the singe mark from Bairon's lightning above her heart.

I spoke with the troops that were there that day. They could barely speak about the atrocity they had witnessed. I couldn't even believe it myself when they told me. I truly felt like I was going to be sick from their testimonies. But I felt more rage than anything. Rage to avenge Mica, to kill this Retainer with my two hands. However, I wasn't a fool either. I knew better than to fly off half-cocked and risk getting myself killed.

I called the council afterward to report her death. Elder Buhnd couldn't believe my words when I told him what had happened. The council was stunned and disgusted to learn about how Mica died. After her death, the council decided that we just needed to focus on defensive tactics and scout missions to track Alacryan movements. They didn't want us to risk unnecessary death.

Mica's death also showed one thing, the Lances were hopelessly overpowered by these Retainers. Plus, they weren't even Alacrya's strongest warriors. They served the Scythes, and we were yet to meet one on the battlefield.

As I walked down the street, I noticed how the soldiers would give me a quick look before looking away. Before, soldiers seemed to idolize me and saw me as a beacon of hope. But now, that hope was gone. I knew we needed a way to boost morale and show them this war wasn't over yet, Darv wasn't lost, but I didn't know how.

Right now, I couldn't worry about that since I was given a scout mission that I needed to complete. I walked through the streets until I made it to a bar. Most of the establishments in Vildorial had closed except for the pertinent facilities. However, this bar stayed open as a way for soldiers to wind down and let their stress out.

I opened the door entering the bar, only to be met by stale air. I held in a cough as everyone inside turned to look at me. The bar had several tables set up and a counter where people could sit at. The walls were decorated with Dwarven artwork. With statues placed in the corners.

I looked at the men as they gazed at me and saw despair. There was no hope left in their eyes, and they turned to look back at their tables, eyeing their alcoholic drinks like they were the only important thing in the world. I sighed as I closed the door behind me and scanned the room. My eyes fell to a table in the corner of the room, seeing a man with platinum blonde hair sitting at the table with a bottle of rum in his hands. I began to make my way over to him when he took another sip from the bottle.

As I approached him, he just sat there staring blankly at the table. His uniform was untucked, wrinkled, and had stains on the front. He had taken off his cape, which was lying on the floor. His hair was disheveled, his eyes were watery and bloodshot, and he reeked of intoxicants. I just shook my eyes, glaring at him.

"How pathetic," I said, getting his attention.

Bairon slowly lifted his head as he looked at me with a slight head tilt, with his head slightly agape.

"W-who *hiccup* are you *hiccup* talking to." Bairon slurred as he looked at me, with his body swaying slightly.

"Obviously you," I said with disdain. "Look at yourself. These people already have no hope. They don't think we are able to protect them anymore. Yet here you are, drowning yourself in alcohol."

I saw several heads turn to look at us, but I didn't care. Ever since Bairon came back, it's like he's been mentally broken. Olfred and I have had to pick up the slack, even though he was obviously distraught by Mica's death. Olfred knew he couldn't let her death affect him and kept pushing on.

"S-shut your *hiccup* fucking *hiccup* whore mouth." Bairon slurred as he began to stand up.

However, he lost his balance and fell forward face-first to the floor. I sighed and shook my head, watching him as he lay there grumbling.

"I came to tell you that I will be leaving to go on a scout. You will be in charge. But never mind, don't even worry about it. Just lay there. It's all you're good for." I said before I turned around.

"W-what *hiccup* would you *hiccup* have done." Bairon slurred as he lifted his head to look at me.

I stopped dead in my tracks and let out a sigh. I looked at Bairon over my shoulder, softening my gaze, "You did everything you could do, Bairon. You were outmatched." My gaze hardened slightly, "But you sitting here sulking, drowning yourself in alcohol, is only sullying her name." I looked back forward with a downcast gaze, "No one blamed you, you know."

I didn't say another word and made my way out of the bar. I quickly walked to the command building, where I met with Captain Iron, who was sitting at his desk.

Captain Iron looked up as I walked in, "General Aya. What do I have the honor of your presence today?"

"I'm going on a scout mission. General Bairon was to be placed in charge of Vildorial's defense; however, he is currently unavailable. Place extra security along the walls. General Olfred should be returning shortly. Once he returns, he will be in charge." I ordered.

Captain Iron nodded, "Understood, General, I'll have it done."

I nodded in return before I left the command building. I quickly flew into the air as I covered myself in an illusion, turning myself invisible. Due to this technique, I became a valuable asset on the battlefield, as I could track enemy movements undetected.

I quickly flew through Darv as I continuously scanned the area. I hadn't passed the defensive line yet, but I wanted to make sure no enemy troops had gotten through our defenses.

I began to fly over the defensive line and saw several Dicathen troops running up and down carrying supplies. They had created earth barriers with spikes separating themselves from the enemy territory. My eyes fell on Lance Olfred as he was distributing the supplies and directing troops on where to go. I nodded in appreciation, seeing his hard work. Even with Mica's death on his mind, he wouldn't let himself be weighed down.

Using sound magic, I whispered in his ear, "Going into enemy territory for a scout. You're in charge. Bairon is drunk again."

Olfred flinched slightly before he looked up, scanning the sky. I could see him nod as he looked around. I turned my attention back in front of me and continued on my mission. As I flew over the enemy territory, I noticed several Alacryan troops in small formations moving around the landscape. It looked like they were just surveying the area, keeping an eye out for Dicathens. So far, I hadn't seen large formations getting ready to stage an attack.

As I continued to fly, my eyes fell onto a large cluster of tents surrounded by a large wall. Several Alacryan soldiers walked on top of the wall, looking outward, keeping watch. The camp backed up to a cliff that overlooked the camp.

'Their base camp. Perhaps I'll be able to find something.'

I flew up high towards the cliff, scanning the area for enemies. I didn't see anyone on the cliff, and landed safely in a good spotting position close to the base camp. I looked down and noticed I had a good viewpoint of the Alacryans below. I made sure to keep the illusion up, as I didn't want to be detected.

I walked along the edge, noticing several Alacryans walking around. Some were in formation, as others walked around by themselves. As I looked around, my gaze fell on a large group of Alacryans in the middle of the camp in formation. They were all circled around a platform, where three individuals stood in front of a device that seemed to be off.

I looked over the three individuals noticing their appearance. The first individual was a tall, muscular man with short black hair and dark eyes. He has two horns that came out of his forehead and wrapped around his head.

'Rohan'

The second individual was a tall, muscular figure with green hair. I noticed he had two large horns protruding out of his forehead that wrapped around his head.

'Based on his appearance, he must be Sameer.'

I felt my blood boil at the sight of him, wanting to fly down there and shove my dagger through his heart for what he did to Mica. My eyes flicked to the third individual. He had neatly-cropped ash black hair with heavy lids beneath his eyes and black horns above his ears. He wore tight-fitting black armor underneath a lavish purple cape.

'He's new. I haven't heard of anyone matching his description before.'

Using sound magic, I applied my hearing to hear what they were talking about.

"What's taking so long? They were supposed to be here already," Sameer said with irritation clear in his voice.

"Relax. They will be here. Just give it a bit." Rohan said.

"I hate waiting. I could be out there having fun right now. Maybe I can find myself another Lance to play with." Sameer said with a sinister grin.

"*Tch*" I heard the man with black armor click his tongue. Rohan just shook his head with a look of disgust.

"What?" Sameer asked with a raised brow.

"You went too far. What you did..." Rohan cut himself off as he looked away.

"You've killed people before," Sameer scoffed with narrowed eyes.

"But I didn't torture them for fun and amusement," Rohan retorted.

"What you did was despicable, Sameer." The man in black armor said.

"Oh, shove it. I'm just trying to have fun during this boring war." Sameer said as he crossed his arms across his chest.

"By brutally killing people?" Rohan asked with a raised brow.

"How else do you have fun." Sameer chuckled.

"I usually bring a girl to my chamber an..."

*Buzz*

Rohan was cut off as the device activated. A bright light appeared from the device, and everyone, including the Retainers, kneeled. I narrowed my eyes, watching the device intently.

'What, or who are they bowing to?'

Suddenly three individuals walked out of the portal. The first individual had obsidian horns that glowed like precious stones, contrasting with her pearl-colored hair that flowed back past her narrow shoulders. She was young, possessing dark eyes and a thin frame.

The second individual was a tall, muscular man with dark gray skin and red eyes, and long hair. He wore black armor and had two horns that had horns coming out of the side of his head.

The third individual was a tall male with a heavy build. He wore dark armor, with short black hair. He had large hands that looked like he could just squeeze your head without any effort. He stood tall, towering over everyone else. He had two thick black horns coming out of his forehead that wrapped around the back of his head.

"Scythe Seris. Scythe Cadell. Scythe Nicht. Welcome." Rohan, Sameer, and the man in black armor said in tandem.

My eyes widened as they said this. I could feel my hands shaking a little as I stared at the three individuals.

'No.... This can't be.... The Scythes are here.....'

I couldn't believe this. We still had the Retainers to deal with, and now we have Scythes.

'How were we going to fight now? If we couldn't beat a Retainer, how are we to fare against a Scythe.'

I felt dread come over me as I gasped a little. As I gasped, I could see Rohan tense before he turned his head slightly, and his eyes flicked to where I was standing. A small smile formed on his face before he looked back to the Scythes.

'He can't see me... can he? I need to go. I need to alert the council.'

"You've done well. Now, take us to the command tent Sameer."

"At once, Scythe Cadell," Sameer said as he and the other Retainers stood up.

Sameer walked off as this Nicht and Cadell followed him.

"Cylrit. With me. We have a mission." Seris said.

"Yes, Scythe Seris," Cylrit said as they walked off.

Rohan turned to the Alacryans in the formation, "Dismissed. Return to your posts."

The Alacryans broke the formation and began to leave the area. Rohan smiled as he sank into the shadows beneath him.

I turned around and was about to walk away when I went wide-eyed. I quickly ducked as an arrow flew past my head. I formed a wind dagger in my right hand and threw it in the direction it came from. I heard the sound of flesh tearing and a loud thud as something hit the ground. I quickly moved to the area, and my eyes fell on my attacker. My eyes widened, and my mouth went slightly agape as I looked at her.

'She's just a girl.'

There lying in front of me, was a young girl with black hair and blue eyes. She couldn't have been younger than thirteen. She coughed up some blood as she bled from her chest from where my dagger hit her. I could see her eyes looking at me, even though I had an illusion covering me.

'She must be a sensory mage. She's so young. She's probably just blindly following orders, just doing what she was told. I bet she doesn't know any better.'

I turned to leave and took one step before I stopped. I couldn't get her eyes out of my head. I sighed as I turned around back towards the girl.

I walked up and knelt next to her as she lost consciousness. I took out a healing crystal from my dimensional ring and broke it over her body. I watched as the green energy showered over her, and her wound slowly closed.

I carefully watched the girl as her breathing seemed to become normal. I looked at her facial features and saw she looked to be at peace while asleep.

Once I was sure she was ok, I stood up and turned around to leave. However, I stopped dead in my tracks as my eyes fell on the figure standing in front of me. I felt a sense of dread, hoping they couldn't see me.

Their eyes were fixed on the girl as they looked over her. Slowly, their dark eyes fell on me. I could see conflicting emotions in their eyes as they gazed at me. I clenched my teeth and formed a wind dagger since they could obviously see me.

"Hello, Rohan," I greeted hatefully.

Rohan just stood there looking at me, almost confused. I stood there waiting for him to make a move against me; however, he didn't even twitch.

"Why?" Rohan said, finally breaking the silence.

I narrowed my eyes at him in confusion, "Why what?"

Rohan pointed to the girl, never breaking eye contact with me, "Why save her? She's your enemy."

I was taken by surprise a little. Why would he care? I stood there as Rohan stared at me, obviously waiting for an answer. I knew I couldn't let my guard down, so I kept my defensive posture.

"She's just a girl with her life ahead of her. Like others, she's just doing what she is told. This war has claimed so many lives already. If I could save one, even if she is my enemy, in the hopes that they can have a good life after the war, then I will." I said as I looked at Rohan, preparing for his attack.

Rohan stood there staring at me for a second. As he stood there, I watched as a small smile formed on his face.

"You truly are beautiful, Aya. In more ways than one." Rohan said as he turned his attention back to the girl.

Rohan proceeded to walk towards the girl, and I backed away, keeping my distance from him. Rohan knelt next to the girl and picked her up bridal style. He then turned and began to walk away.

"Y-you're just going to leave?" I asked, confused.

Rohan looked at me over his shoulder. "I am." He said matter of factly.

"Why? I don't understand. I expected you to try and kill me for what I saw." I said, confused.

Rohan looked away for a second before he looked back at me. "This world is ugly Aya. It needs more beautiful people like you in it." Rohan said with a small smile as he turned and sank into the shadows.

I watched as he disappeared, slightly confused. I dissipated my wind dagger as I thought about what just happened. I stood there for a few seconds until I shook my head, composing myself.

'Now's not the time to dawdle. I need to alert the council. The Scythes are here.'

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

114K 8.8K 200
(Could have spoilers from Light Novel) (Some things are changed for the purpose of the story) This is Novel 2 of this FanFic, Novel 1 is only called...
1.3K 67 5
After Arthur Leywin come back to his home from being an adventurer, he go to Xyrus Academy, a prodigy school, and of course....he not alone. He will...
3.8K 197 11
One moment was all it took. Jack was alive living a dull meaningless life, with no one. The next he was surrounded by darkness. Eventually, a bright...
4.1K 204 35
this is my first fan fiction they will be a lot of copy for Art part sorry no schedule fix for the time being this a gender bend fanfic sorry if y...