Regrets

Por MintVender

Like any other, she hopes to have power. Coming from a noble house in the wizarding world, that should've bee... Más

REGRETS
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
1.10
1.11
1.12
1.13
1.14
1.15

1.5

97 2 0
Por MintVender

The moment Xing walks into the dining hall of Hogwarts, the chatters came to a stop as Xing walked towards the Slytherin table, boots echoing with each step. What seemed to be normal to her, set other people to be curious. As she nonchalantly sat down and greeted her Slytherin friends, she glanced up at the high table which all the teachers were situated, ready for the arrival of the new first years.

Xing quickly scan through the high table to spot any new professors but soon went back to talking to her table mates. Soon, the dining hall was filled with chatter and laughter after the entrance of Xing.

After all remaining students have settled down, the wooden door finally opened as the first years flooded in led by Professor McGonagall. Multiple gasps of awe were then heard from the first year as they look around the Great Hall.

Standing in front of the high table, a rough-looking hat was then pulled out and set on a high chair in front of them. Professor McGonagall then open the scroll and began calling each first year's name.

Xing recognizes some of the last names of wizarding family but was not too intrigued by anyone until Draco was called up. Now becoming interested, Xing leaned a bit towards the table to get better access at the sorting ceremony. The sorting hat now sat on top of Draco's head but not long after, it shouted out a definite "Slytherin!"

Claps were heard from the Slytherin table as the heir of the Malfoy family have joined their house. Looking up, Xing felt the potion professor staring at her. She slightly nodded towards him which he somewhat returned. Not long after, she then refocus on the sorting ceremony, ignoring the stares of the person next to him, Professor Quirrel.

Upon hearing Harry Potter uttered out from Professor McGonagall, the entire hall went silent before bursting with discussion. Harry, who was standing amidst the crowd slightly tense up as he made his away towards the chair. When the hat was placed on top of his head, he winces at the amount of dust there was.

He glanced up at the hat as it mumbled to itself. Harry then look towards the crowd of people eagerly staring at him. He subconsciously gulped in anxiousness, searching for familiar faces. Finally he came to settled on Xing's dark black eyes which stare back at his. Somehow =, it proved him comfort as he anxiously await the sorting hat's decision. " Gryffindor!"

The entire Gryffindor table cheered as the chosen one was sorted into their house. In the background, Xing could hear one of the Weasleys screaming to their friend about Harry being sorted into Gryffindor.

" Of course Harry Potter will be sorted into Gryffindor," the girl next to her spoked out, rolling her eyes.

The rest of her table mates nodded in agreement, not caring about the chosen one. After all names have been called, Professor Dumbledore stop up to announce the start of the banquet.

Xing tiredly look at the feast in front of her. It's always the same type of food. She truly missed the spice of Sichuan peppers. Xing took a bit of everything to make her plate more diverse and more appealing.

" Forest, heard you went to China this break. How was it?"

Xing lifted her head to look at the person, " Not bad, definitely different from Britain. Heard you went to France this year, Auclair."

Dion Auclair nodded as he take another bite out of his pudding. He took his time to swallow before continuing, " My father wanted to connect us back to our French roots so we went on a tour there. Got to visit my cousins there too."

Dion Auclair was a Slytherin third year who Xing have befriended during their time in Potion together which they were table mates. Due to his roots being in France, his family was not part of the Sacred Twenty-Eight but his family hold enough power to rival some families there. When they befriended each other, the trio naturally ate with each other but each has their own network of friends.

" Supposed your French had improved then," Aella Atherton piped in. Aella Atherton was another Slytherin third year that Xing befriended due their mutual interest in herbology. Like herself and Dion, she was a heiress of her family, a powerful one nonetheless.

Dion shrugged, " Not sure if it really improved but by the end, my father hired a French tutor for me."

Xing chuckled, " You should talk with me occasionally, it would benefit the both of us."

Dion rolled his eyes, " Sorry, Forest. I don't enjoy making a joke out of myself." With this comment, it made the two girls laugh.

" What did you do this break, Aella?"

" Knowing her, she probably slept most the time."

Aella glared at him, kicking him in the shin resulting in Dion groaning out. " Even if I sleep, I still get better marks than you in herbology!"

Rubbing his sore shin, Dion yielded, " Sorry, sorry."

" Applying for Quidditch this year, Auclair?"

" Probably. I practiced during the break but we'll see how much competition I have."

" You're trying out for the chaser position?"

" Yeah, put in a good for me, Forest," Auclair joked.

Xing shrugged, "I'll try but it's not me who's deciding, it's the captain. Heard Pucey's also trying out this year."

The trio continue to talk as desserts appear and before they know it, the banquet have come to an end. Before they left, the entire school stood up for the school's song which was exaggerated by the Weasley twins. Xing smirked, finding their harmony despite being out of tune, amusing.

As they made their way back to the Slytherin Dungeon, Xing made eye contact with Draco before leaving. Like last year, the first years were guided by the prefects so Xing wasn't worry about the lot getting lost.

As she made her way inside the dungeon, she took her spot against the wall along with Aella and Dion as they wait for all Slytherins to be gathered. Once the first years have entered and settled themselves, the eldest prefect spoke up. " Welcome back to Hogwarts, second to seventh year students and welcome, first years, to the house of the snakes."

Pausing in silence, the prefect took his time before continuing. " As part of this house, there are rules that you all have to follow. Not following them will lead to proportional consequences."

The seventh year prefect then took over as she walk towards the wall, displaying a list of rules. " First, your house is your family and family stand together. Arguments with another Slytherin are only permitted within the Slytherin house. You will face great consequence if you break this rule." This was heavily emphasize by the tone of her voice.

" The common room is not your own. Keep it neat. You are not at your own house, we have expectations here. The Hogwarts house elves are not your servants so even if you don't like it, keep your rooms neat and tidy. Dorm inspections are once a month. They are not schedule. You are warned." Xing crossed her arms as the prefect continued on.

" Study time is quiet time not a time for you to joke around. It is also compulsory. Schedules will be handed out weekly."

" House meetings will mostly be schedules and is mandatory for everyone. No one is exempt from it."

The Slytherins continued to listen about the rules, not one daring to make a sound as the prefects went over expectations and curfew. " These are expectations that we, prefects and the head of house expect every Slytherin to follow. They are not the only rule and you will find that during your years here, there will be further guidance that will be given." The prefect look at the head of house, Professor Snape who lightly nodded. Xing also looked at him which was quickly reciprocated. As they lock eyes together, it seems like they were holding a silent conversation but was quickly interrupted by the prefect's conclusion.

" Finally, never forget the Secret of Slytherins. Plan in ways a Ravenclaw finds sound. Blend like a Hufflepuff into the background. As for the Gryffindor, learn from their mistake. And be ready to react, Slytherin, swift as a snake. The rules are posted here for you to remember them. Slytherins, you are dismissed."

Xing and Aella bid bye to Dion before making their way up to the room. Once they have arrived, they began unpacking their luggage before heading to bed. Before drifting off, Xing furrowed her eyebrows, having a feeling that she had forgotten something. However, that was later dismissed as she drifted off.

The next morning, Xing wake up along with the chirps of the birds. She turned over to look at Aella who was still asleep under the piles of blanket she had brought. The sing made her mood brighten. Xing step out of bed before walking to the bathroom.

By the time she exited the bathroom, Aella was already up and out of bed. " Good morning."

" Good morning."

" What do we have today?"

" Potions, Herbology, Charms then Transfiguration," Xing said, looking over the timetable.

Aella nodded, heading towards the bathroom. Xing turned over to her vanity, deciding which hair pin to wear today. Ultimately, she decided to wear one with a jade embedded at its center. After getting ready, Xing and Aella pack up their bags before heading to the dining hall for breakfast.

" Xing, I'm sitting with the other Slytherin girls today, see you," Aella announced pointing towards the group of girls waving her hands at them. Xing nodded, before waving her own hand. Xing then walked over to the first years before settling down, " Good morning, mind if I join you?"

Xing sat at the edge of the group, sitting next to Pansy. " Good morning, Forest."

Draco who was seated next to Pansy ignored her as he continue to talk to Blaise. " How do you find Hogwart so far, Parkinson?" Xing piled a some sausages, eggs and potatoes on to her plate.

" Quite underwhelming."

Xing raises her eyebrow before letting out a chuckle, " It seems the old building doesn't interest you much. Wait until you have classes."

" What do you have first today," Blaise asked her.

Xing blinked as she took her time swallowing her food, " Potion with Professor Snape."

" I heard he's ruthless in his teaching," Pansy commented.

Xing shrugs, " You get use to it soon enough. What do you have first?"

Blaise grumbled, " History of Magic."

" Isn't that a perfect way to start the morning?" Xing teased, " Having a ghost as a professor isn't bad but it does get pretty lengthy."

Blaise and Pansy nodded, and the conversation soon ended there. Xing soon finished her meal, standing up she greeted them. " I must be going now, good luck!" Grabbing her bag, Xing made sure to give Draco a tight squeeze on the shoulders before leaving. Before exiting the hall, Xing made eye contact with Harry and Ron and gave them a little wave.

" You guys had a fight?" Blaise asked after Xing have left.

Draco only grumbled some incoherent noises before standing up, " Hurry up, Zabini. We're about to be late for class."

As she walk into the dungeon classroom, she spotted Dion in his previous years spot. Putting her bag in the spot next to his, Xing sat down next to him. " Nice to see you again, table mate."

In the front of the classroom, Xing spotted some red cloaks talking among themselves. It seems that each year, the Slytherins always have potions with the Gryffindor. Xing took out the potion textbook that they will be using and started doing so revision.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

9.2K 141 18
You know him better than anyone. He's your best friend for almost 5 years now. However what happens when you realise you have feelings for him? Does...
236K 7.5K 23
y/n l/n was on her way to Hogwarts after years of loneliness and unanswered questions. Never knowing her parents who died during the war, she has bee...
57 0 5
A orphan's journey into Hogwarts unfolds as she discovers her magical potential. Embraced by a new family, she delves into her abilities, but as myst...
444K 10.8K 53
(Re-editing) It's clear that Severus Snape has never been great friends with the chaotic group known as the marauders but when his twin sister must b...