The looks aren't the personal...

By Ccove999

this is a school assignment that I transferred over. This will be published when I'm either half way done or... More

Chapter 1: meet baby Tanjiro
chapter 2: training begins
chapter 3: farewell for now
Chapter 4: It begins
Chapter 6: starting missions
chapter 7: a new person
chapter 8: mt. Natagumo
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
chapter 11: Sound breathing
announcement
Chapter 12: Kaigaku

chapter 5: final selection and someone new

990 23 76
By Ccove999

1 year later

Zenitsu’s POV

  It’s been a year since Tanjiro came here. He is so kind and sweet. Unlike me he has fully mastered thunder breathing and he even knows moon breathing. I may or may not have a crush on him. 

  We are on our way to final selection. There is no way I am going to survive, even with Tanjiro. I don’t know why gramps is having me go. I only know thunderclap and flash. There is no- “Are you ok Zenitsu?” Tanjiro asked. 

  We stopped walking and I looked at him confused. “You keep mumbling that you are gonna die and you smell scared.” He said, with a look of concern. 

  We were silent for a few seconds. I looked at him with a brave smile and-

  Who am I kidding? I bursted out into tears. “I’M GONNA DIE TANJIRO! SCARY DEMONS ARE GONNA KILL ME!” I screamed through my sobs, and grabbed onto Tanjiro’s haori and buried my face in his chest. 

  He placed a hand on my head and a hand on my back, and began to rub my head, calming me down. He always does this to calm me down. I slowly stopped crying. 

  “It’s ok Zen. We will stick together and neither of us will die. Just stand strong and believe in yourself.” He said. I looked up to see his pure and blinding smile.

  I stood up straight and wiped away my tears. “ Yeah, you’re right. Let’s get this over with.” I said, giving Tanjiro a smile. He smiled back and we continued to final selection. 

At final selection

Tanjiro's POV

    We finally arrived. That felt like the longest trip ever. Zenitsu has been whining and terrified for about two hours now. He is so annoying. I miss Kaigaku, Ani, Oto-san, and the uppermoons. 

  “Are you gonna protect me Tanjiro?” Zenitsu asked, terrified. You have got to be kidding me. I looked at him and smiled sweetly. "Of course." I said. He hugged me tight. 

  'hey Tanjiro. Are you at final selection yet?' I heard Oto-san say, in my head. 'Yep.' I replied, telepathically. 

'You excited?' Oto-san asked. 'Yeah, but Zenitsu is even more annoying than usual.' I replied. 'Well look at the good side. You just have to get away from him, without him noticing, so you can visit us, like planned.' Oto-san said. 

  'As always, you're right.' I said. 'Also, there are some updates that we will tell you when you get here. You are gonna be really happy.' Oto-san told me. 

  "Welcome." Someone said. Looks like it's about to begin. 'Ok Oto-san. We are about to start.' I told him. 

The next night

Tanjiro's POV

  I finally got away from Zenitsu. I'm in the deepest part of the forest so there shouldn't be anyone around, but if there is I'll just bring them for the others to eat. 

  "Nakime." I said, calmly. I heard her biwa, as one of the infinity palace doors appeared. I opened the door and walked in. 

  "TANJIRO!" A lot of voices yelled. Before I could say or do anything, I was tackled to the ground. "AHH!" I yelled. 

  "WAA TANJIRO I MISSED YOU!" Daki cried. I ran a hand through her hair. "I missed you too." I said. 

  "Hey Jiro. Daki you can't tackle him. You could've hurt him." Gyutaro said, picking up his sister. "It's ok Gyu." I said, getting up. 

  "We missed you, little bitter." Akaza said, giving me a hug. "I missed you too." I said, hugging him back. 

  Douma Picked me up and squeezed the life out of me. “It’s so great to see you again snowflake.” Douma said. “Can’t breathe, can't breathe.” I hurriedly said. Douma didn’t hear me.

  Someone grabbed me and put me on the floor. “Why’d you do that? I was only hugging him.” Douma whined. “You were suffocating him!” Akaza and Koku said. “Sorry snowflake.” Douma apologized. “It’s ok Douma.” I said. Douma smiled at me.

  I turned around to face Koku. “Hey Koku.” I greeted him with a smile. He smiled down at me. “Hey little red.” Koku said. 

  I heard running then someone short hugging me. “Hey tanjiro.” Ani said. I turned to face him, kneeled down to Ani’s height, and hugged him back. “Hi Ani.” I said. 

  Ani backed up a bit and glared at me. “Is something wrong Ani?” I asked, confused. “Stand up.” He said. I did as he said, still confused. He looked even angrier. “Stop growing!” Ani yelled. We all start laughing. 

  “What’s going on over here?” I heard Oto-san ask. “JIRO IS BACK!” Daki yelled in joy. 

  Oto-san ran over. I could see that he was in her female form so Oka-san. The second she saw me, she hugged me, and I hugged back. 

  “I’ve missed you so much Tanjiro.” Oka-san said. “I’ve missed you too Oka-san, but I talked to you everyday.” I said, with a bit of a chuckle. “Is it a crime to miss one of my kids when they're away? You’ve seen how I act when Rui comes back from a mission. You’ve been gone for a year.” Oka-sand said. “I get it.” I said. We stopped hugging.

  “You said there are some updates. What are they?" I asked. 

  Oka-san smiled at me. "Well, the first news is from me." She said, I looked at her confused. She grabbed Koku's hand and pulled him next to her. Please be what I think this is. 

  "Koku and I are dating." Oka-san said. "Finally!" I exclaimed. Everyone laughed for about a minute.

  "There is one more piece of news. I don't think you were expecting it." Oka-san said. "I thought the only news was yours." Daki said, confused. 

  "Akaza said I have big news." Douma said, wrapping an arm around Akaza's waist. Everyone but Oka-san were staring at them, intently. "We decided to wait until Tanjiro got back, though we had to tell master." Akaza said.  Akaza took a short pause. "I am one month pregnant." Akaza said, slowly. 

  The room slowly erupted into congratulations, really, and that's amazing. "So that's why you haven't had any missions." Daki said. 

  "So what's your plan for after the baby's born?" Koku asked. "I am moving in with Douma in both his room and his cult so when the baby is born, it will have my room for when we're here and will be looked after all the time." Akaza said. 

  "Why not live here full time?" Rui asked. "So we can always keep an eye on it." Douma said. 

  "Jiro, how have you been?" Daki asked. "Fine. I made friends with the older apprentice and the younger one is annoying, a crybaby, and only knows one form of thunder breathing. He is at final selection." I said, annoyed. 

  "Real friend or using to stay undercover friend?" Koku asked. "Real friend." I stated, with a smile. “That’s good. What’s their name?” Oka-san asked. I looked at her. “His name is Kaigaku.” I replied, with a smile. 

  “Oh, Tanjiro.” Ani said. I looked at him. “Yes?” I asked. “The new lowermoon one is here. He is really nice and I want you to meet him.” Ani said, with a big smile. “Ok.” I replied. 

  Ani grabbed my hand and led/dragged me to the lowermoon one room. I don’t know why we even have rooms for the lowermoons except for Ani's. They are always changing. 

  We stopped in front of the dr that said lowermoon one. “He got turned last month.” Ani said. So he’s not weak. Ani let go of my hand and knocked on the door. “Enmu, I want you to meet someone!” Ani said, through the door. 

  “COMING!” The person on the other side of the door said. 

  The door opened to reveal a male with gray skin, light blue eyes, yellow squares going down his cheeks that look like tears, black hair with pink tips that ends above his shoulders, a suit-like outfit, gray striped pants, and white shoes. Honestly he is quite handsome. 

  “Hello Rui. Who is this?” He asked, looking at me with a slight blush. My face feels a bit warm. “This is my little brother, Tanjiro. He is human and is working as a spy by infiltrating the demon hunters.” Rui said. 

  He smiled at me and stuck his hand out. “Nice to meet you. I’m Enmu.” Enmu said, with a slight smile. I shook his hand. “Nice to meet you. My name is Tanjiro Kubisuji.” I said, smiling. 

  He looked between Ani and I, shocked. Oh yeah, the lowermoons didn't know. 

  "Wait, so that means -" Enmu stopped, I'm guessing from shock. "Yes, Muzan is our father." I finished for him. "That's cool. Would you guys like to come in?" He asked. 

  "Thanks." I said, giving Enmu a smile. Ani and I entered Enmu's room. "Sit wherever you like." Enmu said, closing the door. 

  Ani and I sat down in front of the bed and Enmu sat across from us. "So Enmu, tell us about yourself." I said. He smiled. 

  "Well, my blood demon art allows me to trap humans in dreams that they don't even know is a dream. The only way they can wake up is to either kill themselves in their dream, or if I let them out. My favorite hunting grounds are trains." He said. "Why trains?" I asked. "Humans go on them a lot and see them as safe. So I fuse with the train, put all the passengers to sleep, then eat all of them. When we get to the next stop no one questions why it's empty. If people start getting suspicious I switch trains." He explained.

  "That's very smart." I said, feeling my face slightly heat up. "Thanks. What about you?" He asked. 

  "I'm going undercover as a demon slayer. I know thunder breathing, moon breathing, wind breathing, water breathing, mist breathing, flower breathing, and flame breathing. I will be turned into a demon either after my mission is over or when I get caught." I explained. "That's nice." He said. 

  Rui's POV

  Tanjiro and Enmu are just looking into each other's eyes. Did they forget I'm here? Wait a minute. Are they… BLUSHING?! Looks like I get to play match maker, but for now.

  "HEY!" I yelled, snapping them out of their trances. They probably forgot I was even here. 

  "Did you two forget I was here?" I asked, crossing my arms and glaring at them. "Sorry Ani/Sorry Rui." They said. 

  I stood up. "Stop being gay and Tanjiro you unfortunately have to go back." I said, upset that Tanjiro has to go. 

  "Aww." Enmu whined, disappointed. Tanjiro stood up. "I promised Daki she could give me a makeover." Tanjiro said. 

  Enmu stood up. "It was nice to meet you Enmu. I'll be visiting more often. Send me a message by crow after final selection." Tanjiro said. Are they flirting? 

  "It was nice to meet you too. I'll send you a message after your final selection is done. If you ever need to travel by train, catch a ride on the Mugen train, tell the conductor you're with Enmu." Enmu said. 

  I feel like a third wheel. 

  "I'll do so." Tanjiro said, his cheeks turning red. Enmu grabbed Tanjiro's hand, bowed a bit, and kissed Tanjiro's hand. 

  Now I'm definitely the third wheel. 

  They just looked into each other's eyes for a few seconds. Are they just gonna stand there or do something? 

  Tanjiro gave Enmu a peck on the lips then ran out. AND LEFT ME! TRAITOR!

  I looked at Enmu. He is touching his lips, deep blush, and smiling. 

  "Trust me." I started. He looked at me, confused. "Don't tell any of the uppermoons or my dad until you two start dating." I said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 41.5K 23
"๐™€๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ฃ!" โ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒ โžฅ ๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข ๐˜ด๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฒ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๏ฟฝ...
74K 2.8K 74
ใ€"ใ€‘แด‡แดœแด˜สœแดส€ษชแด€ /แดŠแดœหหˆา“แดหส€ษชษ™/ ษดแดแดœษด แด€ า“แด‡แด‡สŸษชษดษข แดส€ sแด›แด€แด›แด‡ แดา“ ษชษดแด›แด‡ษดsแด‡ แด‡xแด„ษชแด›แด‡แดแด‡ษดแด› แด€ษดแด… สœแด€แด˜แด˜ษชษดแด‡ss.ใ€"ใ€‘ "า‰ Wสœแด‡ษด สแดแดœ แด€ส€แด‡ แด‡xแด˜แด‡ส€ษชแด‡ษดแด„ษชษดษข แด€ แด‡แดœแด˜สœแดส€ษชแด„ แดแดแดแด…, ษชแด› แด„แด€ษด า“แด‡แด‡สŸ แด‡...
5.4K 413 30
This is an KNY x oc. it is my first story that I had been planning for a while, i might take time to make the chapters but i will make sure it is a g...
38.4K 1.6K 34
ษขแดœแด€ส€แด…ษชแด€ษด /หˆ๊žฌโฑญหแด…๊žฎฦษด/ 1 : แด€ แด˜แด‡ส€๊œฑแดษด แดกสœแด ษขแดœแด€ส€แด…๊œฑ แดส€ สŸแดแดแด‹๊œฑ แด€๊œฐแด›แด‡ส€ ๊œฑแดแดแด‡แด›สœษชษดษข : แด„แดœ๊œฑแด›แดแด…ษชแด€ษด. 2 : แด€ แด˜แด‡ส€๊œฑแดษด แดกสœแด สŸแด‡ษขแด€สŸสŸส สœแด€๊œฑ แด›สœแด‡ แด„แด€ส€แด‡ แด๊œฐ แด€ษดแดแด›สœแด‡ส€ แด˜แด‡ส€๊œฑแดษด แดส€ แด๊œฐ แด€ษดแดแด›สœ...