In the mist of the smoke

By Therightauthor

I promise it'll be worth the read and votes y'all😮‍💨!! More

Characters
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4

Ch. 1

509 50 8
By Therightauthor

Waking up with a horrible hangover. All I wanted to do was stay in bed today, but I knew I couldn't. I had things to do today. I did one of those violent stretches that have you shaking like you having a seizure or some. I looked around for my phone not sure where I might've left it. I stood up out of the bed rubbing the crust out of my eyes. I heard the water faucet running which caused me to put on my house shoes, and walk towards the bathroom.

" You finally up huh?" He said as he looked at me brushing his teeth.

I just nodded my head as I walked over to my side of the Jack and Jill sink, and grabbed my toothbrush.

" Here take two fa ya hang over. Cause I know you got one. You showed yo ass last night jit." He laughed as he passed me a bottle of Tylenol.

I playfully hit him in his chest as I took the bottle from him, " That's not funny, but thank you. What time is it tho?"

" Finna be 10:30." He said as he spit out toothpaste into his sink.

" I'm never drinking again." I said before I began to brush my teeth.

" Yo ass capped out."

" I'm fa real Mir. Last night was lit, but I feel like a bitch done hit me with an 18 wheeler."

" Yeah, dat bih was lit. You know I had to carry you out the club right?" He said causing me to look at him cause I didn't remember that.

I spit out a mouth full of toothpaste, " Swear to God?"

" I swear. I already knew to bring ya ass back here, and let you sleep it off cause ya brothers would've been pissed about you being dat drunk."

" See, this is why you're my best friend. You always have my back. You're like the accomplice to all of my crimes." I said truthfully.

" Next time, I'ma just take you home. And let Gio & Gino chew ya ass out. Cause you too heavy to be carrying out the club." He said as he put his tooth brush back in the toothbrush holder.

" And then, I would have to rat you out my boy."

" How you gone rat me out when ion even do nun?"

" Don't be acting like you don't be feeding me them shots." I said as I looked upside his head.

" And it ain't like I be holding a gun to yo head either. So gone on with dat shit jit." He said waving me off.

" Like that matters. Hell, they'll still find a reason to be mad. So, if I go down you going down with me da fuck." I said as I rinsed my toothbrush off putting it back in the holder as well.

I opened the bottle of Tylenol pouring two pills into my hand, and popped them in my mouth. I put my head under the faucet drinking some water to wash them down.

" Ain't shit." He said as he leaned against the bathroom counter shaking his head.

" Learned it from the best." I said as I wiped my mouth before patting him on the chest before walking out of the bathroom.

" Do you know where my phone at?"

He followed behind me before he walked over towards his side of the bed, " Yeah, I put it on the charger fa you last night after you passed out."

" Thank you. You're the sweetest." I smiled as took my phone from him as I looked at my notifications.

I had several text messages from Tori, one of my brothers, and my momma. Making sure to text all of them back.

" Breakfast downstairs waiting on us. So, hurry up cause I know ya big ass ready to eat." Jamir said causing me to look up with a concerned look on my face.

" I hope yeen cook cause, if so I'd rather not eat." I said truthfully.

" Woww... You sounding real ungrateful right now. I woke up early, and slaved over a damn stove for you, and this how you coming." He said as he walked out the room causing me to follow behind him.

" Jamir you know you can't cook. I'm just saying I know whatever you cook isn't edible. Hell, you could've used Uber eats to get us some to eat. I mean you should've woke me up to cook or something."

" You swear you Kimmy's Kreations lil sister or somebody. Yo food don't even be hitting like that fa real."

" Boy, please! You be eating my food like one of them kids off the world hunger commercials. Just 5 cents a day can help a child in need face ass." I laughed as we walked down the stairs.

He stopped on the 2nd floor landing stairs, and turned around looking at me with his mouth agape and sarcastically said," Is it cause I'm black? It's cause I'm black and skinny, ain't it? I never thought we'd be doing these kinds of jokes. Dat's real low of you."

" Oh don't even fucking go there! Cause we the same damn skin color hoe."

" I keep telling you we not. You literally 2 shades lighter than me. I'ma rich dark sexy chocolate, and you like a milk chocolate." He said causing me to roll my damn eyes.

" Bitch move." I said as I playfully shoved him out of my way, and quickly ascended down the rest of the staircase.

With Jamir right behind me he quickly snatched me up by my shirt.

" Aye what I tell you bout calling me dat shit!" He said as he repeatedly tapped my temple with his pointing finger.

" Not a m'fin thang." I said smartly causing him to grip my shirt tighter.

" You gone make me fuck you up one of these days." Jamir said as he let me go which caused me to laugh.

" Yeah, whatever. And until that day comes I'ma continue talking my shit." I said as we made our way to the kitchen, I seen he had their chef here adding the finish garnishes to the breakfast spread he prepared.

" Hey Chef Lee. I should've known you was the one who was doing all of the cooking. Mir ass lying like he cooked. Had me all worried and stuff." I said spoke to their personal chef.

" Wassup Gia, and now you know Ja don't even know where the pots and pans is." Chef Lee joked as I sat in one of the many bar stools that was at the island.

" I do actually. I just choose not to use them m'fers." He said shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly.

Chef Lee laughed, " Well the food is done, and y'all are more than welcome to start eating. I hope y'all enjoy."

" Preciate that Chef Lee." Jamir said as he dapped him up.

" No problem, I'ma get outta y'all hair tho. Gia it's always a pleasure seeing you." Chef Lee said as he gave me a friendly side hug.

" Same to you." I smiled.

" Ja, I'll be back in bout 4 or 5 hours to start prepping for dinner." Chef Lee said as he walked out of the kitchen.

" I know I've said this a thousand times, but I love the renovations your uncle made to the kitchen." I said truthfully as I looked around.

The kitchen was of an opulent design. From the modern sleek look, to the stainless steel appliances, to white marble countertops, even down to the huge marble island that sat in the middle of the kitchen. It was so big that I could lay in the middle, and it'd still be enough room to lay out a whole thanksgiving spread.

" Yeah, ya momma did a damn good job. She legit drew out the whole remodel, and brought ha vision to life. Chef Lee was excited as fuck when everything was finally finished. Nigga was like a kid in a candy store."

" I definitely gotta give her ha props when I go over there." I said.

" Ight. Gia whatchu want on yo plate?" Jamir asked as he grabbed two plates from the cabinet.

I looked over the spread of food as I thought to myself. We had waffles, eggs, bacon, breakfast potatoes, and assorted fruits.

" Umm, is that even a question. Of course, I want everything."

" I should've known. Greedy ass." He laughed as he began to fix both of our plates.

" Where my baby at?" I asked as I looked around.

" Somewhere doing some shit he don't got no business doing. Brinks! C'mere!" Jamir yelled causing his voice to echo throughout the 12,000 square feet modern mansion.

I quickly heard paws tapping against the black stained hardwood floors. Our black Doberman excitedly ran towards me as he stood next to the stool to greet me.

" Hey Brinks. You missed mommy?" I asked as I rubbed his head causing him to bark repeatedly.

" He probably cussing yo ass out for stepping on him last night."

I gasped as I put my hand over my mouth, " I stepped on him?"

" You was so adamant about going to saying goodnight to him. Yo ass stepped on him with them chunky ass heels as soon as you got close to him."

" Oh my God! I'm so so sorry baby. Mommy was drunk last night, and I didn't mean to step on you. I'ma take you to the dog park, and get you a pup cup one day this week to make up for it. Ok Brinks?" I said to him sincerely.

" He got a vet appointment coming up, and I won't be able to take him. So you gone take him right?" Jamir asked as he walked over with our plates, and sat down in the stool next to me.

I nodded my head, " Yeah, I'll just come get him the day before and he'll just stay with me for a few days."

I held out a strip of bacon for Brinks. He grabbed it, and walked off towards his food bowl to eat it along with his actual food.

" Mother like son." I said proudly.

" What's da move? Where you finna slide to once you leave here?" He asked me.

" Home, so I can shower, and then go to my parents house for a couple of hours. And then head back home cause Tori suppose to be coming over to hang out with me for a lil bit."

" Oh so ion get no invite? Well, fuck y'all too then." Jamir said as he stuffed a piece of his waffle into his mouth.

Jamir and Victoria are my best friends, but I've known Jamir longer. We've been best friends since we were babies literally. Our dads are best friends, they use to run the streets together. Where as, me and Victoria became friends our 10th grade year.

" It's a girls night. You wanna sit around drinking wine with us while we cry and talk about our feelings?" I asked as I looked at him with a blank face.

" I thought you said you was done drinking?"

" Liquor... I'm done drinking liquor." I said correcting him.

" Wine is alcohol fool."

" God turned water into wine, so technically wine is water." I said as I ate some of my potatoes.

Jamir shook his head before we both ended up laughing.

" What's yo plans for tonight?" I asked.

" Not a damn thang. I'm in fa the night. A nigga tired."

" I'm withchu on that one. Once Tori leave I know I'ma call it a night."

" Youn mind coming back over here to spend the night again? Do you? Cause if so yeen got to. Never mind you probably wanna sleep in yo own shit anyways." He rambled which let me know he wanted me to spend the night again.

" Of course, I don't mind. But it's probably best, if you just come over to my place before Tori leaves. Cause like I said once she gone, the day is done fa me."

" Ight, preciate dat Gia." He said sincerely.

" No problem, but I'm finna head out. I gotta let the streets know a bitch outta school, and back outside."

" Yo ass don't be outside fa real. You like that kid that gotta watch everybody else play outside through the screen door. You be on the porch, if anything. Hell, Gio and Gino don't let you go anywhere. If yeen with dem, you with me, Tori, y'all momma, y'all pops, or you be in dem books. Cause you know they don't play that shit." He said causing me to roll my eyes.

" Anyways, speaking of my momma. She swear I'm neglecting her cause I haven't came to visit her since I've been home. Like girl, I just got finished with school. I've only been home fa 2 days. Relax." I said changing the subject as I stood up with my now empty plate.

" You better go visit Mrs. Kayla before we have a problem Gianna." Jamir said looking up at me with a straight face.

" You know I'ma go visit my momma, but I'm just saying she wanna see me today when we have our mother daughter brunch date tomorrow. It went from bi weekly to weekly now since I'm back home. It's like she can't get enough of me. Not that I don't blame her. I mean I am their best child cause dem first two was definitely a trial and error."

Jamir shook his head, " I'm so glad ion got no siblings. Cause being around y'all makes me grateful that my peoples stopped after one."

" My brothers get on my nerves, but I definitely couldn't imagine my life without em. I love em and wouldn't trade em for nothing in this world. And you bet not tell em I said that either!" I said pointing my finger at him.

" My lips is sealed." He said as he faked like he zipped his lips and threw away the key.

" But seriously I gotta go. Thanks for taking care of me last night Mir." I said as I hugged him before I kissed his cheek as he stayed seated.

" Yeah ight, whatever! Just make sure you return the favor when it's my turn." He complained.

" Say less. I'll text you later to let you know when you can come over. Bye mama's baby, I'll see you later Brinks." I said petting him goodbye which of course caused him to follow up behind me as him and Jamir walked me to the door.

" Be safe, and make sure you text me when you make it home." He said as he watched me walk to my G-Wagon.

" I will." I said as I got into the truck.

I instantly started the engine, and put on my seatbelt as I began to bag out of the long driveway. Once I was out of his view Jamir closed the door as I left, and began my route home.

30 minutes later I pulled up to my apartment. I took a shower to wash the off the remains of last night. I made sure to brush my teeth again, and flossed since I ate breakfast before I left Jamir's. I got dressed in a pair of blue nike tights, with the matching nike crop top, and a pair of white forces. I grabbed a bottle of Fiji water out of my fridge before grabbing my keys, phone, and bag before leaving back out. Then, began making my way towards my parents house.

——————————

Are y'all excited for this new story or what? Cause I know I am😝! Y'all ready to get to know these new characters cause I already got my favorite character picked out already😂! What about y'all? How y'all feel about this chapter☺️? Let me know in the comments😌! Make sure you vote it, comment, and follow me💯! Love y'all💞!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

897 10 6
read and find out!!!
915 30 27
Just Read It!
18.8K 755 10
I never meant to break my mamas heart ... Just Read! 🌚
Thanks To You By Niyyyy

General Fiction

22.5K 705 28
Do you believe in love at first sight? sequel out