π†π’π―πž 𝐀π₯π₯ 𝐓𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐟𝐒...

By Ibirockerchick

Mercedes never thought much of the popular saying 'The sins of the father becomes that of the child", that is... More

Authors Note
~1~ An Unlikely Encounter
~2~ An Enemy Of My Father Is My Enemy....Apparently
~3~ Sheep in the midst of Wolves
~4~ It's your Choice
~5~ Of all the humiliations, I hate this the most
~6~ I don't think I like Gia
~7~ Do I look presentable yet?
~8~ I'm not for sale!
~9~ Pizza sounds great
~10~ Run all the way to freedom
~11~ LA cops and panic attacks
~12~ Paint me Heaven
~13~ when reality dawns
~14~ Planned like a pro
~15~ The art of submission
~16~ La Famiglia
~17~ Sin's the sweetest fruit
~18~ Flowers in the rain
~19~ In need of redemption
~20~ A brunette named Arabella
~21~ The fault in Trust
~22~ The devil's comfort
~23~ Our final goodbye
~24~ Nothing's New
~25~ Skin game
~26~ Queen of Petty

~0~ Cast || Prologue

1.3K 58 86
By Ibirockerchick

Gianna Massimo
25

Jovani Graciano
29

Rachelle Bennett
21

Mercedes Molina
22

Ermanno Sandrino
29

†††

Hello beautiful readers!
I decided to create a prologue for some sort of dramatic irony. Please note that the prologue would be written in Hugo Molina's POV

†††
Prologue

Hugo

I tapped my fingers on my lap anxiously as I continuously exchanged glances with the exit door and the slow FBI agent typing rather slowly on the system.

Goddammit, I wanted to get out of here.

What I was doing was wrong, I could never deny it, I was betraying the family that picked me up from the ghetto streets of Spain and made me something. It was wrong and disloyal but I would do anything to protect my wife and children.

I loved Luciano with everything in me, he was more than a friend, he was my brother. But the mafia world is too dangerous for Sofía and my little Mercedes to live in.

I'd better not flatter myself into thinking I was anything special to La famiglia

For years they picked up young boys from the streets of southern Spain and carted them to Italy to become killing machines. I was no exception. I was nothing more than a victim.

But still, the don and dona had shown me so much love and had turned the little pobre rata into a man of rank. I was their son, Luciano's closest companion.

But alas, people change, Luciano isn't the same man I knew over thirty years ago. The crave for power had turned him into something despicable.

I had no excuses, La famiglia would never betray it's member. I was the one ratting my home out. I sighed deeply as I ran my hand down my exhausted face.

“Thank you Mr Molina.’’ the FBI agent stood, gesturing his hand towards me for a shake.

“Just make sure I and my family are safe.” I took his rough palm in mine, shaking it.

I was such a selfish Polla

“You have my word. You're doing a big favor for the country, you're a hero I tell you.”

I hated that word. Someone is only called a hero when they're dead or their demise is near

I nodded dryly before I said my goodbyes and left. Walking down the streets, I couldn't help the teardrops that fell down my cheeks.

I was a weak excuse of a man. Why was I crying? I should be happy, I was free. La famiglia
would be shut down and I could relocate and start a new life with my family. I could sleep with both eyes closed, no longer fearing that one of our rivals would murder me in my sleep. I was a free man now!

More tears rolled down my cheeks as I came to terms with the fact that I was just being delusional. I could never be free, at least not from guilt of ratting out my brothers and sisters.

Lying in bed beside a sleepy Sofía, I heard my cell phone ring, I immediately got up, careful not wake her up.

Blood drained from my face as I saw the caller ID.

“H-hello?” I said as my shaky hands rose the phone to my air.

“Hugo? Brother?” I need to see you.” Luciano said over the phone, he sounded drunk and at the same time so broken. I wondered if he had found out what I had done.

“What is the matter?”

“Brother, I'm finished. Aurora has finished me.” he slumped over his words.

Aurora? His Dona?

“What happened? What did she do?” I hoped he didn't think Aurora was the one who ratted him. I couldn't let her pay for my sins. She was a bundle of sunshine, so powerful yet so innocent. It took her years to get her shine back, she was broken after being forced into the arranged marriage with Luciano.

Quella puttana.he cursed her under his breath. “I can't talk over the phone, come to La dimora tomorrow.”

My palms turned sweaty at the thought of going to the mansion.

“What about Ermanno? Is he home yet?” I changed the topic to his sixteen year old son who was studying overseas.

“I called for him to come home tomorrow. Amico mio I feel my end is near. Aurora has ruined me.”

I gulped and glanced at Sofía.

“Say no more, I'll come to the mansion first thing tomorrow.” I assured my friend until he ended the call.

I sighed deeply, if worse got to worse, I would leave Sofía and Mercedes in the hands of the FBI. My friend and I both feared the same thing. Our downfall.

My gaze shifted to Mercedes who stood by the entrance of my door, a white teddy bear in her hand.

“I can't sleep.” she walked into the room and sat in the bed next to me. “Please sing me a song  Papá"

I sighed and stared down at my little angel. “Aren't you too big for lullabies?” I questioned her, stroking her beautiful brunette hair backwards.

I watched her shake her head aggressively, a small smile displayed on my lips. “You win princesa.” I threw my head backwards and pulled my most prized possession closer to me, my child.

I would sing her a song in Spanish, a language she struggled to understand. I smiled mischievously at her before I began singing.

“Mi niña, espero que nos volvamos a encontrar. mi niña, el final de tu papá está cerca. mi niña, tu padre puede sentirlo en el aire. mi niña, te prometo que nos encontraremos de nuevo”  I ended the song with a lone tear.

(Translation: My baby girl, I hope we meet again. My baby girl, your daddy's end is near. My baby girl, your father can feel it in the air. My baby girl, we will meet again.)

Surprisingly, Mercedes was silent as I sang the song.

“No fair!” she cried out. “Sing it in English.” once I was done

“Tomorrow night darling, exercise patience.” I assured her, pulling her into a cuddle and falling back on the bed. Her hearty giggle filled up the room as I held she and her mother close, so close no one could snatch them.

Morning came sooner than I wanted it to and while I was preparing to meet Luciano in the mansion I got a text from one of the brothers, Maximo.

'You figlio di puttana! You Traditore! How dare you? Get your ass ready Hugo, you're dead. You've killed Luciano!' shivers ran down my spine as I read the text. He knows, they know.

But, what did he mean about Luciano? Luciano? Dead?

No...

It couldn't be...

The FBI agent promised nothing would happen to La famiglia. They would only be shut down. He promised no one would know it was me.

How naive could I be?

“Sofía!” I called my wife who was in the kitchen. “pack our bags.” I paced around the room.

Sofía looked shocked, her arms folded.

“I've done something bad Sofía.” I dug my hand into my hair, ruffling it.

“how bad?” she narrowed her eyes. She knew who I was, she knew who she married. She knew all about La famiglia and she still stayed with me. She deserved much better. “Murder worthy bad?”

I found myself short of words and all I could do was nod.

I heard her curse under her breath and run to pack our bags.

“I want to see the agent Sofía, we'll leave when I'm back. Get Mercedes ready.” I walked towards the door, Sofía protested at first but then hesitantly let me go.

I ran as first as my legs could carry me through the hallways until I sighted Hart. This Coño!

I grabbed his collars, pushing him against the wall. “Luciano is dead, why is Luciano dead?”

He shook underneath my hands “It wasn't us, he took his own life.  He resisted arrest and shot himself.” he finally pushed me off him.

“How do they know it's me? Hart, you messed up!” I breathe out. “Promise me you'll keep my Sofía and Mercedes safe, Hart.” I cried out. “It's the least the FBI can do. I won't live past today.”

I was sure of that bit. I finally left his office with a heavy heart. I would say my goodbyes to my wife and daughter and turn myself in. I was foolish to think there would be no consequences for my actions. I had lived with the mafia for over thirty years, I knew them, I was one of them. Brutal and cruel.

I pulled out my phone and just discovered that Luciano sent me a message before his death. My heart sank as I read the message about Aurora. I took a minute to weep for him. He had more enemies than one. More traitors than me.

I suddenly became alarmed as I sighted three black cars in my compound.

No! No! No!

I fearfully ran into my house. My greatest fear had come true. La famiglia had come for my family, but these weren't Luciano's men, these were from Luca. That young brat!

I ran towards Mercedes who cried in my room. “Papá!” she cried out as she saw me. I embraced her for a brief second, like it was the last time I would.

“Where's your mother?” her shaking hands pointed in an unsure direction.

I fearfully shoved her into the closet, ordering her not to come out till either me or Sofía came to get her.

They better not touch my Sofía, she was with child.

I managed to fight off all the men that came towards me until I found Sofía. She was tied up to a chair, crying her eyes out. “Hugo!” she screamed out as one of the men slapped her across her face.

Like a defeated warrior, I fell to my knees. They had won. They had come for my only weakness.

“Please..” I trailed off, my eyes pleading with the twenty year old brat.

“Bastardó.” he shoved his knuckles down my cheeks.

It hurt like a bitch.

I growled at Luca but immediately brought my eyes down as he rose his hand up at Sofía.

This scene Infront of me was hell. I was irresponsible and sloppy and it lead to this. La famiglia won once more.

“Please, let my wife go. Punish me, torture me.” Luca looked serious, like he was actually considering it but all my hopes were pushed into mud when he shot Sofía twice; one through her head and the other one through her belly.

I immediately ran to my love, hugging her lifeless body tight, surrounding myself in a pool of her dark crimson blood. “Luca!” Saliva flew out of my mouth as I called his name with so much hate.

I was ready to give it all up and beat Luca to stupor until I saw Mercedes, standing in a corner. She disobeyed me, she came out of the closet and stared at her dead mother with tears in her eyes.

I didn't want her to see me beating Luca. She was my little princess and she must never know I took lives with no regret at all.

“Mi niña, espero que nos volvamos a encontrar. mi niña, el final de tu papá está cerca. mi niña, tu padre puede sentirlo en el aire. mi niña, te prometo que nos encontraremos de nuevo” I sang our special lullaby for her. Her eyes twinkled with tears as she hugged her arm.

I knew Luca wouldn't kill her, he was a horrible man but kept his hands off children. I hope the future holds something bright for her. Something far from the mafia life.

“We will meet again.” I say in one breath, my final breath as Luca fires his gun.

†††

Now that we're finally done with the prologue, let's proceed to the main book!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 224 22
A man made of stones. bigger than life. Emotionless. Always gets what he wants. A cold blooded killer. He thought he bacame heartless with no famil...
392K 6.3K 54
[Not Edited] He's ruthless every man wants to be him or the fear him, every women wants to fuck him. He has the largest mafia he could kill anyone i...
15.1K 423 49
Adrik When I claimed her, that was it. I made her mine and betrayed her. She longed for a story that wasn't mine to narrate, so I did the only thing...
257K 6.4K 52
Complete storyβœ”οΈ Soraya On my 25th birthday I'm going to take over my father's throne. I know that in order to keep my seat as the Donna of the Easte...