ink bound (JJK, Book 1 of the...

By madselliewrites

"Hyung my soulmate is out there in the crowd. I felt the tattoo burn." In a world where turning 21 means you... More

welcome!
character visuals
chapter one
chapter two
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven

chapter three

2.5K 58 9
By madselliewrites

I woke up to my alarm blasting in my ear and pounding on my door.

"Taylor! Wake your ass up and shut off that stupid alarm. I can hear it from my room" Malia said from outside my door.

I sighed and started stretching and rolling on my bed not wanting to get up. It was so cold and so comfy, I just wanted to stay in there forever. After 5 minutes of rolling around and then staring blankly at the ceiling, I finally willed myself to get up because I knew I had to get in the shower and get ready for work. I grabbed my phone off my desk and unplugged it from the charger. Turning it on, I saw several messages.

"I guess I'm working a full shift today" I groaned, dragging myself into my bathroom.

I stripped off my hoodie and shorts and let my long hair out of it's bun. Shaking my hair out, I picked up my brush and closed my eyes praying my hair didn't have a party while I was sleeping. Much to my dismay, it did and I was stuck here tugging at my hair arguing with myself if I should just cut it all off.

I jumped in the shower deciding on not washing my hair today since I washed it yesterday morning and brushing my hair took up so much of my time I didn't wanna have to deal with it in the shower too. I let the hot water fall over my body and relax my muscles. I hurried myself in the shower knowing that if I stayed in too long I would start thinking about what's happening tonight in less than 20 hours. I decided to do what I usually do to get my mind off things while I'm in the shower. I grabbed my phone, connected it to my bathroom speaker and I set up an instrumental song of Save Me.

Wrapping a towel around my body, I hopped out of the shower and did my skincare in record speed. Being alone in my thoughts is not gonna be productive for me today. I put on my work uniform and started to clean my room up a little from the night before. Last night, when I came back from hanging out with Malia, I decided to mess around on my keyboard a little. I found the sheet music to When I Look at You by Miley Cyrus and I've been obsessed with perfecting it. I tried not to be up too late even though Malia doesn't mind, she said she likes hearing me sing as she's going to sleep because it's soothing. Putting my keyboard back onto my shelf and filing the sheet music with my other ones, I walked to the bathroom and brushed my hair.

Finally making it to the kitchen after wrestling with my hair again for 10 minutes, I made a spam and cheese omelette and I made sure to make one for Malia for when she comes out of her room. I know she's awake and I know she smells the food so she'll be out soon to find out if I left any for her. I skipped making coffee today because working a morning shift with Alex meant that he would bring me coffee.

"Malia I'm leaving, I'll see you tonight. Love you!" I yelled grabbing my keys and my purse. I got into my car and making my way to the mall.

~

"Good morning beautiful!" Alex greets me with a smile as I enter the bookstore.

"Sooo wish it was a good morning Alex" I responded with a small smile.

"I know something that can make it better" He says with a little glint in his eye like he's about to say something that'll make me the happiest person ever. "Coffee is in the back room and we just got shipment in for the new BTS Time Magazines"

"What! No way, we've been waiting for those to come in for so long!" I do a little clap while running to the back room to grab my coffee.

Perks of working at a bookstore, we get all the BTS magazines here and I can request to have them in the store. So we have almost all the BTS magazines that have ever been released.

I spent my morning unboxing the BTS magazines and taking one for myself to look through. I put some out on the floor for Army. I can't wait to see them come in and get excited over it. Talking to other Armys is my favorite part of working here.

- Time skip -

"What do you think your soulmate tattoo is gonna be?" Alex looks to me.

The afternoon rush finally died down and we're just sitting at the counter. He's reading some new Manga we got in yesterday and I'm focusing on this adult coloring book I bought last week.

"Hopefully something that'll match my passion well" I answer him honestly. "All I know is I don't want what Malia has. A gaming controller, on Guam? She's got her hands full with that one. This island is crawling with gamers." I continue on my rant hoping he forgets about his question because my soul mark is the last thing I wanna talk about right. "She seems to like it though, she enjoys playing games as well. She spends most of her nights playing online looking for someone who has her passion tattoo on them"

"Well I'm hoping it's a stack of books" He says smirking at me.

"I'm sure you do Alex" I say laughing and playfully pushing him.

Alex and I have known each other for such a long time. We grew up in the same village and went to the same schools. He has always been extra flirty with me. One time even going as far as telling me that we should reject our soulmates so we can live happily together forever. I know he's only teasing me now since he's had his soul mark for almost a year and we both know my passion is not baking. His soul tattoo is a mixing bowl and whisk, and a stack of books right next to it. Alex loves literature and reading so it made sense that his passion tattoo would be a stack of books.

I can't wait until he finds his soulmate. I hope that whoever they are, they will make him the happiest person in the world. He's always been the sweetest person to me. His support never wavering. Whenever I set my mind to doing something, he always backed me 100%. Apart from Malia, I considered him one of the closest people to me. When things went wrong with my family, he had even offered to give me a place to stay which I almost took him up on his offer if Malia didn't have the perfect idea of moving in together. In another life, I think I might've fallen in love with him. But knowing I had a soulmate out there that was the other half of my soul made it difficult to love anyone else. I wanted my first everything to be with them. Sure I dated around, but nothing that was ever too serious and I never took anything further than what I was comfortable with.

The rest of the day dragged on. It felt like time was moving so slow. Alex and I were finally closing up the store. We walked out to the employee parking lot, having to walk all the way around the mall because all the doors were locked except for one that was furthest from our cars.

Once we got to our cars, Alex pulled me into a warm hug. I wrapped my arms around his waist and let my head rest on his chest. His tall figure towering over me.

"I hope tonight goes well for you and I hope that whoever your soulmate is they know exactly how lucky they are," Alex said softly, rubbing my back.

Alex knew I wasn't one for the mushy conversations so I know a simple nod of my head would suffice and he would know exactly what I was saying without having to actually say anything. I smiled into his shirt grateful to have someone like him.

He let me go and patted my head saying bye. He waited for me to get in my car and drive off before he left the parking lot.

I put on my favorite song to calm me down for what was to come

Neoneun nae sale dasi tteun haetbit
Eorin sijeol nae kkumdeurui jaerim
Moreugesseo i gamjeongi mwonji
Hoksi yeogido kkumsogin geonji
Kkumeun samagui pureun singiru
Nae an gipeun gosui a priori
Sumi makil deusi haengbokaejyeo
Jubyeoni jeomjeom deo tumyeonghaejyeo

Blasting Euphoria and singing my heart out, I made my way home and all I could think was that there were only 4 hours. 4 hours until fate added another tattoo to my collection.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 7.4K 41
[COMPLETE] "does it hurt?" "not as much as the thought of you leaving me" - (alternative) a soulmate au in which whenever your soulmate sleeps with s...
808K 33.4K 88
Min Yoongi never wanted a soulmate. As far as he was concerned, he only had time in his life for his music and his members. He didn't like the idea o...
122K 3.1K 28
Kim Namjoon Fanfiction Currently rewriting this! People seem to enjoy the story but I'm not happy with the quality of writing. It is completed and i...
591K 24.3K 65
There are people in the world who are born to be together, soulmates. Upon reaching the age of twelve, a single, unique tattoo appears on the body o...