𝗧𝗙𝗔: 𝗧𝘂𝗿𝗯𝗼𝗥𝗮𝗰𝗲𝗿

By BraedimusSupreme

TurboRacer is considered one of the first Autobots to undergo a triple T-Cog replacement surgery, in an exper... More

CH-1: First Day at Autoboot Camp
CH-2: The Femmes Arrive
CH-3: 'Waspinator' Strikes
CH-5: Leaving The Base
CH-6: Undergoing The Process
CH-7: The Trial
CH-8: 1st Assignment
CH-9: Graduation & Friends Old & New
CH-10: The Chase Is On!
CH-11: Time With Friends
CH-12: Earthbound
CH-13: Onwards To Earth
CH-14: Thrill Of The Hunt
CH-15: Earth 101
CH-16: Nanosec
CH-17: Friends & Allegiances
CH-18: Along Came A Spider

CH-4: Turbo's Turn

1.3K 44 11
By BraedimusSupreme

The next morning was definitely rather circuit-wracking for TurboRacer. He was all worried about asking Magnia to the dance. But sooner or later he bucked up and remembered that they were good friends so he had nothing to lose. He was wondering though if this would get Magnia to like him, and if he should admit his feelings to her soon after the dance. All he needed to prepare for was to ask her to the dance and prepare for it, that was all that needed to be done for now.

It was soon after their last exercise and the dance was that night. He still had plenty of mega-cycles to prepare, but the time had come now for him to face his fears.

"Alright, guys, this is it! I'm gonna do it!" he told Bumblebee and Bulkhead.

"Do what?" Bulkhead asked.

"He's gonna ask Scarlet out to the dance, of course!" Bumblebee answered.

"Oh yeah! Oh yeah... my bad." Bulkhead said.

"Well, here it goes! Cross your servos, guys!" With that, TurboRacer walked out of his dorm to find Scarlet-Falcon. TurboRacer went over to her dorm, but it was empty. So he tried to see if he could ask someone. He soon saw Chromia and Ironhide walking by holding hands. He could tell that Ironhide had already asked her out to the dance. "Hey guys. You seen Scarlet anywhere around?" he asked.

"Oh hey, Turbo! Scarlet? Dunno, I saw her go that way a few cycles ago." Chromia answered.

"Oh. Okay, just gotta go ask her something. See you guys there!" TurboRacer replied.

It seemed Ironhide had changed a bit. He must've been spending enough time around Chromia to be a lot nicer than before now. TurboRacer was glad he found someone better than Wasp to be around and had changed. But now back to business. Scarlet-Falcon was standing over in front of a building waiting around. She didn't see TurboRacer yet, he was standing on the other side of the corner preparing himself.

"Okay, Turbo..." TurboRacer said to himself. "This is it, just be brave, okay? Just say, something like 'Hey, Scarlet. I'm heading over to the dance, care to join me?' or something like that. It doesn't matter, just spit it out without a problem, okay? Okay, it's time. He I go!" He went around the corner to meet her. "Hey, Scarlet?" He said nervously.

"Oh hey, Turbo!" Scarlet-Falcon noticed him and smiles in reply.

"Hey, I was just wondering. I'm going to the dance, you... wanna join me?" Turbo mentally cringed; it didn't come out as he had planned, but he said it quickly without stuttering and got her attention.

"Oh... well, thanks for asking Turbo, but... Wasp has kinda already asked me out." Scarlet-Falcon revealed to TurboRacer.

"That's right!" Wasp announces, coming around the other corner.

"Oh, there you are, Wasp." Scarlet-Falcon said, turning around to see him.

"You ready to go?" Wasp asked.

"Sure am." Scarlet-Falcon acknowledged.

Now things had just gone bad. It was as he feared: Wasp had already asked her out! But how? He must've found a time to ask her out real quick some time that day between exercises, or maybe he DID ask her out during the drill yesterday! Well, however or whenever he did it, it was already too late. Axle had lost his chance; Scarlet-Falcon was taken, and Wasp had her now!

"I'm sorry you couldn't go with me, Turbo, but thanks for asking." Scarlet-Falcon said turning back to TurboRacer.

TurboRacer was still so devastated, but he tried putting on a very fake smile while answering her. "Uh... yeah... yeah, it's okay... um... I'll see you then... bye..." He said quietly.

"Okay, see ya! Well, I'm excited for this, Wasp. Thanks again for asking me to it, I was afraid I'd have to go alone." Scarlet-Falcon said turning back to talk to Wasp.

"No problem. It's amazing I was able to ask you out during the drill yesterday! I probably shoulda just finished it and tried later, but then none of this woulda happened!" Wasp mused.

"Heh, guess not!" Scarlet-Falcon spoke back.

Wasp then reached for her servo to hold. She let him hold it, but looked down perplexed, remembering that he said it would be a friendly date. But she didn't think too much of it, she didn't want to ruin the night too soon.

'Look at him, taking her servo like that without asking her! He knows he shouldn't be doing that! If it were me, I'd keep talking and socialising with her like a real friend should!' TurboRacer thought to himself.

There were just too many thoughts going on in his head. He needs to get out of there, do something else. Perhaps just go chat with his other friends or do some volunteer work. Yes, volunteer work! That was what he needed; something he wouldn't normally do but would get his mind off of this rather unfortunate event no matter how difficult it was.

TurboRacer turned towards Sentinel's office to go ask for it. "Sentinel Minor, sir?" He called after walking in.

"TurboRacer. What is it you need, cadet?" Sentinel replied.

"I'm just having a rather bad day. I need something to do. I'll do anything you'll ask me now, perhaps some volunteer work?" TurboRacer asked.

"Well, that's more like it! I was wondering when you'd be this willing, TurboRacer!" Sentinel spoke out. "Well, there are some Energon shafts in the back room that could use some cleaning..."

"That sounds good to me." TurboRacer acknowledged back quickly.

"It's pretty big though. You sure you can handle it?" Sentinel asked.

"Yes, sir! Slag, I'll just clean all the shafts in there! Right now! I'll go scrub the whole thing down to a sparkly wonder, sir!" TurboRacer spoke back.

"That's what I like to hear!" Sentinel said in admiration. "Perhaps you really do have some Elite Guard 'bot in you after all! I may have to even rethink your name!"

"No can do sir. I've grown used to my name, if that's okay with you." TurboRacer pointed out.

"Well, alright then, soldier. Now get out there and let's see some cleaning! GOT IT?!?" Sentinel announced.

"SIR, YES, SIR!" TurboRacer willingly turns around to salute Sentinel.

One good thing had happened; he got Sentinel to appreciate him! That was too bad for starters! He really needed to do something, get some work done. He'll have to just go with his other dream and follow orders and get Sentinel's approval so he could be a part of the Elite Guard someday. Now he had something else to do that would be enough to get his mind off Scarlet-Falcon and Wasp. Although, he just couldn't really get his mind off them.

Still, he grabbed a nearby cleaning utensil and started scrubbing the shafts furiously.

~*~*~

Meanwhile at the dance, Scarlet-Falcon and Wasp's night had just begun. They walked over to see Chromia and Ironhide standing nearby. "Hey, guys, how are you?!" she called.

"Scarlet-Falcon, there you are! Wow, is Wasp your date tonight?" Ironhide asked.

"Well, friendly date, actually. But yeah, I'm here with him." Scarlet-Falcon answered.

"Oh, but didn't TurboRacer try asking you out too? Cuz we actually saw him earlier looking for you." Chromia spoke up.

"Well he did, but......" Scarlet-Falcon began.

"I got to her first." Wasp finished her sentence.

"Yeah. Well, anyways, you guys ready to start?" Scarlet-Falcon said.

"Sure! Let's go, Ironhide!" Chromia said to her date.

"Well, guess that's our cue to go too then, Scarlet." Wasp said to his 'friendly date'.

"Ok, let's go!" Scarlet-Falcon said.

The first half of the dance was pretty good. Scarlet-Falcon, Wasp, Chromia, Ironhide, Moonracer, and other bots they knew from other nearby regiments group-danced to the Cybertronian music together. Wasp and Scarlet-Falcon seemed to be getting along then. The second half was a different story though. Wasp seems to be getting too close to her. He tried holding her servo and staring at her a bit too much, much like Chromia and Ironhide, but they were already dating so it was ok for them. Sooner or later, the slow music came on and Wasp started getting a bit too romantic.

"Um... Wasp, could you not look at me like that?" Scarlet-Falcon asked him nicely.

"Huh? Like what?" Wasp asked innocently.

"Like that. I'm not really ready for it, and it's kinda creeping me out." Scarlet-Falcon pointed out to him.

"Um... okay, whatever you say." In the next few minutes, Wasp directed Scarlet-Falcon off the dance floor and over to a quieter, less-crowded area in the room.

"Wasp, where are we going?" Scarlet-Falcon asked.

"Shhh, you'll see." Wasp said quietly. He gently guided her against a wall. He must have wanted to get closer this time. With her against the wall, he put his one servo on her shoulder and looked her straight in the optics.

"Wasp, why are we here, and what are you doing?" Scarlet-Falcon demanded.

"Eh, I was kinda getting tired of the crowd. We need some alone time. I think." Wasp answered to her.

"What are you talking about? I thought you said this was supposed to be a friendly date." Scarlet-Falcon said in a loud whisper.

"Ah, forget what I said. It doesn't have to be like that." Wasp waved her statement off. "I just said that so I wouldn't get you all worried."

"What?!" Scarlet-Falcon echoed.

"Don't worry, it'll be okay. I know I kinda lied, but me and you can always be more than friends, trust me." Wasp reassured to her.

Scarlet-Falcon just didn't know what to say. She thought she kind of had mutual feelings for him at first, but she really started to not like him at all. He was tempting her to fall for him when she thought they were just going to be friends, but now she had had it. Wasp barely even started getting close to her when she blew her top.

"Alright, get away from me, now!" Scarlet-Falcon yelled, pushing him back roughly.

"Whoa, whoa, what's wrong here?! There's no need to get angry!" Wasp laughed.

"Yes, there is! What's wrong with you?! You said this was going to be a friendly date, and yet; you try hitting on me constantly and making moves without my permission! This is not how I intended for this date to be!" Scarlet-Falcon berated at him.

"Aw, come on. I wasn't gonna hurt you. I would never do that to you!" Wasp insisted.

"Well, you already have! You've lied to me, and are trying to act all smooth like nothing even happened!" Scarlet-Falcon berated. "I honestly thought you to be better than this, Wasp!"

"Scarlet, look. Like I said, we can be more than friends, okay?" Wasp pleaded. "It'll be fine, we'll take it slowly one step at a time! We don't have to try being like others when they-"

"Yeah, we don't have to try anything at all! I'm done! Have fun dancing by yourself, stingless!" Scarlet-Falcon snapped, and she stomped away.

"But-but, Scarlet? Come on! Scarlet?!" Wasp called out. But the angry femme had left the room already. "What did I do?" He muttered under his breath.

Several other bots appeared to have seen what happened, including Ironhide and Chromia. Moonracer, however, had just come over from another spot all happy and ready for more fun. Seeing Wasp alone, she figured she'd be nice to him.

"Hey, Wasp, I see you're alone now. Wanna dance with me?" The friendly little femme asked.

"Forget it. Go find someone else!" Wasp snapped, now stomping out of the room.

Moonracer was just speechless at first and was still smiling because she couldn't believe what she had just heard. She then wiped the smile off her face and bowed her head.

"Moonracer, are you okay? What did he just say to you?" Chromia asked, coming over to comfort her.

"To forget it and find another. Why would he even say something like that?!" Moonracer asked sadly.

"What's gotten into him?" Ironhide asked next to Chromia. "Wasp isn't usually that kind of 'bot. There must be something wrong with him."

"'Hide, did you see what just happened? Scarlet told him off! I guess she didn't like his flirting too much." Chromia answered.

"Guess you're right. Hope he gets over it; it's not like him to be like this." Ironhide shrugged.

~*~*~

Elsewhere in the camp, Scarlet-Falcon was walking off alone, trying to find somewhere quiet to get away from the dance. She didn't want to be there at the moment; she thought Wasp was still in there. She found a bench outside of Sentinel's office and just sat down, still angry about what happened. Inside, she could hear someone cleaning something.

The one cleaning something was TurboRacer. He was scrubbing the Energon shafts like a mad-bot. Finally, he finished the last one and went to tell Sentinel.

"Sentinel Minor, Sir. The shafts are all clean!" TurboRacer informed.

"Well done, TurboRacer! We gotta get you doing this more often!" Sentinel called back.

"Any time I'm not exercising, I guess is good for me, Sir." TurboRacer shrugged.

"Well, seems you've had enough. You can go back to your own business. Perhaps you'd enjoy the dance?" Sentinel suggested.

"That wouldn't be necessary, Sir. The dance is the whole reason I came here... don't ask, kind of a story..." TurboRacer stated.

"Ah. Well, thanks again, soldier! I'll be seeing you tomorrow! GOT IT?!?" Sentinel called.

"YES, SIR!" With that, TurboRacer went out the door and just stood there to relax himself for a bit.

Although he had a bad day, TurboRacer wouldn't let it get to him. He had just performed a good deed for his boss, and was getting recognised so this could be the start of something new. But it was Scarlet-Falcon that still seemed to bother his mind. Could he make it without her? Perhaps, but knowing that she was with Wasp made his fluids curdle.

"Turbo?" A familiar voice spoke from behind.

"Huh? Scarlet? How did you- What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be with Wasp at the dance?" TurboRacer asked, looking rather perplexed.

Scarlet sighed and got ready to tell her story. He could tell it wouldn't be pretty by the look on her face. "No, I left Wasp. He was hitting on me and I didn't like it! I'm so mad because he told me it was going to be a friendly date, and he lied to me!"

"Wow... I'm sorry to hear that!" TurboRacer said, sitting down next to her on the bench. "It almost comes as no surprise to me to be honest. I mean, did you hear about what he did to Bumblebee the other day?"

"What? What did he do to him?" Scarlet-Falcon asked.

"Oh, it was mean! He pinned him down from behind, unscrewed his legs and threw him into a locker with his legs up on a locker!" TurboRacer stated.

"THAT'S AWFUL!" Scarlet-Falcon gasped.

"Yeah. I guess he was mad at Bumblebee for getting us all into doing extra transform-ups, but still!" TurboRacer sighed.

"Wow. If I'd have known that before, I would've definitely said no to him!" Scarlet-Falcon grunted back. "I can't believe I was so stupid to fall for him; that dance was such a waste!"

"Well, don't feel bad. We all make mistakes like that." TurboRacer reassured to her.

"I just wish I'd have known. But I guess it wasn't the dance, just him I was disappointed in. Speaking of which, since you asked me out afterwards, do you still want to go with me to the dance? There's still enough time, and I'm sure everyone else is there." Scarlet-Falcon now offered.

"Oh... sure! Absolutely! But unlike Wasp, we'll go as friends, that good?" TurboRacer asked.

"Thanks, Turbo. That makes my day!" Scarlet-Falcon smiled.

"No problem!" TurboRacer acknowledged. Now things were much better! She wanted HIM to go to the dance with HER! She was not Wasp's anymore; he failed to impress her and it was obvious she didn't want to be with him! But this didn't mean he had to treat Scarlet-Falcon like a trophy, she was still just a friend and TurboRacer did not want to disappoint her.

"Oh, hold on one cycle. I gotta go get something real quick." TurboRacer said rushing to his dorm. Scarlet-Falcon waited for about a minute with a raised eyebrow, then came out with Bulkhead and Bumblebee alongside him. "Come on, Bumblebee. It's just a dance, and you don't have to have a femme to date there! You'll love it!" He coaxed Bumblebee, who appeared uninterested.

"Yeah, Little Buddy, it'll be fun! Everyone else is there!" Bulkhead added.

"Alright, alright, fine. I'll go!" Bumblebee sighed rather reluctantly.

"Hey, Scarlet. I thought I'd bring these guys too! We can all group-dance together there!" TurboRacer said to his friendly date.

"Great idea, Turbo! Let's go, guys!" Scarlet-Falcon nodded. With that, all four of them went off to meet with the others there.

The four of them all met up with Ironhide, Chromia, and Moonracer. Scarlet-Falcon explained everything to them, but reminded them to not make a huge deal about it; she didn't want the whole camp ganging up on Wasp even if he deserved it.

"Well, this night turned out to be better than I thought, Turbo! You sure made it better for me!" Scarlet-Falcon said to her good friend while dancing.

"Happy to help, Scarlet! I never thought dances could be this fun! In fact, I wouldn't mind trying another one with you guys! I think there's one coming up in-OOOFFF!!!" TurboRacer was then interrupted by Bulkhead, who had fallen on top of him and Bumblebee while failing at dancing.

"OH! Turbo, Bumblebee. Are you guys okay under there!?" Scarlet-Falcon asked.

"UGH! Don't... think so! BULKHEAD, GET UP!" TurboRacer called to the friendly giant.

"I can't, I'm too fat! UUGHHH!!! It's not working guys!" Bulkhead grunted, trying his best but failing to roll over.

"Well, can we get some help here, someone?! I don't wanna be stuck here all night!" Bumblebee shouted from underneath Bulkhead.

Soon, all the 'bots around them couldn't help but laugh, even Scarlet-Falcon was laughing along with them. "Guys, this isn't funny! Hehe, come on! Hehehe..." TurboRacer even started laughing too; he couldn't help it!

"No guys, really let's help th-!" Scarlet-Falcon laughed uncontrollably.

Next thing you knew, all of the bots in the dance floor were laughing at the hysterical sight, including TurboRacer, Bumblebee, and Bulkhead themselves. It was one of those unforgettable moments that was worth a photo-scanning!

"Here, I'll-HEHEHE-help you out, Turbo!" Scarlet-Falcon said, reaching for TurboRacer's servo. She pulled, but Bulkhead leaned forward a bit, trying to regain his balance, which released TurboRacer on top of Scarlet-Falcon.

"Oh, sorry. You okay?" TurboRacer asked.

"Yeah-HEHEHE-guess so! Oh holy sparks, that was some fun!" Scarlet-Falcon replied.

"Yeah, this will be a night to remember! HAHAHAHAAAA!!!" TurboRacer laughed like crazy with everyone else.

Outside the building, Wasp was looking in through the windows at all the other bots that were having a good time. "Turbo...!" He whispered menacingly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.2K 1.6K 43
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it."- Master Oogway --- ~ BOOK 1 OF THE LIGHTBLADE SERIES Fate sometimes leads us to vario...
1.9K 100 14
Three years had passed since there was any sign of Decepticons. Now that they are back team Prime must stop them. But they did not expect four humans...
5.2K 91 17
Originally published on Archive of Our Own, at TheEnchantedQuill. Cybertron has been saved, and the reconstruction has begun. Autobots and Deceptico...
603 14 3
Hi there. I'm Techna, a living, shapeshifting, extraterrestrial of both cybernetic and organic matter and life. A Technogian, As my kind are called...