UNBREAK | D.M (UNRAVEL BOOK 5)

By ixfixite_

*Completed* (SEQUEL TO UNKNOWN) UNRAVEL book 5: The last thing Aine Estoileon ever remembered was the sound o... More

[ 00 ]
[ 01 ]
[ 02 ]
[ 03 ]
[ 04 ]
[ 05 ]
[ 06 ]
[ 07 ]
[ 08 ]
[ 10 ]
[ 11 ]
[ 12 ]
[ 13 ]
[ 14 ]
[ 15 ]
[ 16 ]
[ 17 ]
[ 18 ]
[ 19 ]
[ 20 ]
[ 21 ]
[ 22 ]
[ 23 ]
[ 24 ]
[ 25 ]
[ 26 ]
[ 27 ]
[ 28 ]
[ 29 ]
[ 30 ]
[ 31 ]
[ 32 ]
[ 33 ]
[ 34 ]
[ 35 ]
[ 36 ]
[ 37 ]
[ 38 ]
[ 39 ]
[ 40 ]
[ 41 ]
[ 42 ]
[ 43 ]
[ 44 ]
[ 45 ]
[ 46 ]
[ 47 ]
[ 48 ]

[ 09 ]

14 1 0
By ixfixite_

Aine and Draco sat by the courtyard outside of the girl's room. After being apart for nearly a month despite living under the same roof, the two finally spent some time together. It wasn't exactly one that was buoyant, unlike the previous times, considering how they had recently been tasked to murder the one and only great wizard who was also their Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore.

Who would have imagined they'll be spending their fifth and sixth year plotting an assassination? Or rather, who would have seen it coming that a pair of teenagers were planning to kill a person?

Even so, the couple had tried to enjoy the little peace they had left before the new school year comes. It was mid of summer and although the Sun had been strong, thick cushion-like clouds had covered the star. The warmness from the Sun and the gust of wind had made both Aine and Draco drowsy. 

Draco peeped open an eye, looking up to Aine who had stopped reading out loud from her Potions book and had fallen quiet five minutes ago. A smile tugged on his lips as he watches her dozing off, her heading nodding away every few seconds. Slowly, he slips away from laying on her lap, careful not to wake her up. He got up and gently seize the thick book out of her hand and placed it aside before pulling her close to him, letting her head lean on his shoulder to nap.

For once, the manor was tranquil without any Deatheaters parading in and out as they pleased. His aunt and her insufferable companion Cal had not been around and it was just people he had held dear for. Something that was rare since, for the past months, there had been too many eyes on the lookout for him and the Estoileons, too many ears that could hear even the softest of whispers, and too many mouths that uttered nothing but insults and taunts.

He gave a long sigh, tucking a strand of Aine's locks behind her ear as it had been tickling her face, causing the girl to wrinkle her nose. Draco studies her features, her lashes were long and curled and their hair was now nearly the same colour. Her complexion had gotten better during these couple of weeks and her cheeks were still sunken in but had gained a little weight and colour nevertheless. The shadows and bags under her eyes had unfortunately still remained, he knew the girl had difficulty sleeping ever since she had been pulled out of the cellar. 

Aine had trouble with her sleep from that moment forth, occasionally waking up screaming from her nightmares, looking at her wrists to see if the chains were still cuffed to her hands, and scanning her body to see if her flesh had been burnt as soon as she opened her eyes. Aine would also keep all the candles in her room away, and if it was possible, she never wanted to sleep with any candles lit because the flickering flames reminded her of times when she had been charmed to dance in white blazing flames.

It was ironic to the girl, especially since her actions contradicted her views when she killed someone with fire last time. The poor man— Riley, had been engulfed in flames, burning him completely until the only thing that was left was soot and a little of his ashes. What affected her was that it had been the first time she had killed someone. It wasn't just accidentally snapping a stem of a flower or swatting a butterfly but she actually murdered someone. She had been conflicted too, it had been a mistake, she couldn't control her new profound powers but she had been too enraged, too blinded by her madness that when the act had been done, it was already too late.

Aine tried to find herself again amidst all the tribulations. She was beyond terrified that one day she would become a cold-blooded monster like Voldemort, killing others ruthlessly as he did. She had done it before, what's to stop her from committing murder for the second time? At the same time, in that span of time when she had killed Riley, she could still recall the thrill pulsating through her blood, watching someone writhe in pain before their demise. She was disgusted with herself for having such feelings and thoughts of it actually feeling good. 

A person's life is precious, no matter how evil one may be. Life is still a miracle thing...

She had been traumatized gravely from her torture and abuse. Each time she recalled those horrible experiences, Aion or Draco was always by her side. For that, she was thankful as they always made sure she was alright. In return, she would reassure them that she was. Though the look of fear in her widened eyes suggested otherwise. A lie she was willing to believe to be normal again.

That's all she ever wanted.

If there was one difference Draco had come to notice about her, it was that the girl had grown a habit of putting up her walls even higher, she craves comfort and at the same time, she shuts people's help too. This had caused her to be distant at times, he couldn't quite understand it at first, but the more he had spent time with her, the more he had come to terms with it. She was wounded, broken and pieced back together by people who had hurt her. Anyone would react the same way and if they were okay, it just means that something was terribly wrong.

Draco closes his eyes, following Aine as he breathes in the crispy summer air. Their breathing soon became unison. The faint chirping of birds and the serene compound made it somewhat calming. Not to mention, the company of Aine by his side.

How he wished that time could just stop right this instant, it had been peaceful and perhaps it was going to be the last time they were going to feel this way.

He heard a subtle knock on the door and with his wand, Draco waves it to open it. He made an effort to cause as few sounds as possible so he wouldn't disturb Aine's rest. He places his finger over his lips and hushed the gentleman who stood at the door frame, slightly stunned.

"Have you seen your mother?" Aion asked in a hushed voice, noting Aine's little nap. He couldn't help but smile at the sight of the two.

Draco shook his head, blinking his eyes with curiosity. "No, I haven't. She did say she was going somewhere and would only be back during the late evenings." He remembered his mother telling him that she had to visit a friend with her sister for some important business and it sounded pretty urgent. He wanted to ask her more about it but it didn't seem like a good time since Bellatrix was constantly hovering around her and he thought better than to pry.  "Why?"

Aion's lips formed an 'O' shape, nodding in understanding. "Nothing, I just wanted to ask her some stuff..."

"Is everything alright?" the boy presses on, concerned when Aion was being sheepish, a rare expression that he had worn.

"Oh, yes! Everything's fine. Don't worry about it!" he waves at him, looking at his sister who stirred in her sleep, brows contorting together. "Get some rest, beau-frère. The Sun is pretty nice today. I'll make some food later, so come with Lianna when both of you are well-rested," he winks.

Draco smirked, "I'll help later."

"I was hoping you would say that," Aion chuckles before taking the liberty to excuse himself, closing the door shut for the young couple who had sat side by side, enjoying their peaceful warm and cosy afternoon nap. At least for now, they could be free of their thoughts and plans of assassination. Though no matter how much they had strived to pretend that everything was alright, things were far from normal... 

Miles away from the Malfoy manor, in between endless rows of deserted bricked houses. Two pairs of feet hurriedly stomp past broken streetlamps, putrid air fills among them, stinking of the rubbish-strewn banks. It had little to zero maintenance of the place there, like a ghost town where the only souls that resided there were just a handful of people. A thick fog obscured the alleys, the rain pattering down harshly, there was an ominous vibe to the place the two shadows had stumbled upon.

Cloaks rustled across the ground, sweeping the wet pavement as they made a sharp turn at the end of the block. Hoods covered their heads and their long black and white hair peeked out. 

"Wait!" a desperate voice called out from behind, running after the figure in front of them.

The woman ahead suddenly jumped when a flock of starlings suddenly fluttered, startling her. Their chirping fell short when a bright green light flashed behind her, cast by the other hooded figure. While the other flock of birds flew away, startled by the attack, one had been left behind on the ground after being hit by the curse. Its feathers slowly soaked with the rain and its beautiful dark beady eyes glossed over as it exhales, dead.

"Just a little bird..." said the woman in front, casting a pitiful look at the fallen songbird. It bubbled a reminder to her of her child's fate if she were to let this go on without any plan. Blinking back her tears, she placed a black laced handkerchief over the dead bird and glanced back to the second woman behind her who showed zero remorse.

"I thought perhaps an Auror—" the one behind her defended, her words falling short when her companion went on ahead, leaving her behind. "Cissy! Wait—" she hisses, running to catch up with her.

Clicking her tongue when she realizes her words were uselessly pounding on the woman ahead, she tries to reason with her again. "Cissy— Narcissa, listen to me—" her steps picked up their pace and after a few tries, she manage to catch the woman's arm.

Narcissa yanks her hand away, her eyes travel to the signboard in front of her. 'Spinner's End' was written in bold. Then her attention settled hard on the house just across the street that was unusually well-kept. "Let go of me, Bella! Go home!"

"You must listen to me—" Bellatrix tells her.

"I've listened— And I've made my choice! Leave me alone!" Narcissa admonished her sister who groans frustratedly. She took a quick glance left and right of the street before rushing across it. Her heels caused the puddle of rain to splash. Her sister still pursuing her from behind.

"Cissy! You cannot do this! He cannot be trusted!" Bellatrix affirms.

"The Dark Lord trusts him!" Narcissa argues, shooting her sister a determined look.

"The Dark Lord is mistaken!" Bellatrix snaps back to her.

However, Narcissa knew better than to do nothing. She was in hysteria ever since Draco and Aine were given the role to assassinate Dumbledore. No matter how much she tried to plead with her sister to change Voldemort's mind, Bellatrix could not do it. Either way, coming here was worth a shot since other than her sister who was often by Voldemort's side, the man they were visiting was close to him too, if not even more than Bellatrix. The Malfoy mother swallowed when she stood outside the dimly lit house, calming her nerves.

She knocked on the door, her fingers drumming on the side of the cloak. There was no response and she pounded again. "This is ridiculous!" she hears her sister curse under her breath, face scrunching as the horrid stench of the river travelled up her nostrils.

Finally, after a couple of knocks, a face appeared on the frosted glass at the door. Slowly, creaking open, a head poked past the frame. It was Peter Pettigrew, also known as Wormtail and Ron Weasley's former rat named Scabbers, an Animagus. He eyes nervously at the two women before letting them in. His master had told him that they were expecting some guests and it was none other than the sisters.

Narcissa entered, putting her coat aside as she dries herself with a heating charm. Her sister does the same, looking around at the rather old apartment filled with books at every corner she turned to. It was both spacious and narrow at the same time, and to say the least, it seemed very neglected.

Sitting on the sage-green armchair by the fireplace, his long black hair falling in his eyes as he looked up from the Daily Prophet newspaper. He raised a brow at his two guests, Narcissa forcing a smile as she fiddles with her rings and Bellatrix behind her, silently judging the state of the house and casually picking up artefacts here and there to inspect. Then he narrowed his gaze at Wormtail who was standing by the door foolishly. 

"Run along, Wormtail," he demanded, swishing his wand and slamming the door in Pettigrew's face. He rolled his eyes afterwards and stood up to pour some drinks for the women.

"S... Severus, I— I know I ought not to be here..." Narcissa said with a strained whisper, her teary eyes where hopelessness swirls in them following the man as he offered her a drink. "But it is urgent..."

"Of course," Snape replied, his attention drifting off to Bellatrix who strolled around his sitting room. Her fingers tapped on the spine of the books on his shelves, humming a small tune. He clicks his tongue in distaste, holding his words in. "What can I do for you?" he asks.

"We are alone here, aren't we?" Narcissa questions softly, wavering pupils wandering around the room.

"Yes. It is just you, your sister, and I," he answered back, lips twitching when Bellatrix knocked over a wooden candle holder. She muttered a small 'Oops' and continued on checking other pieces of ornaments. "And Wormtail too, of course. But we don't count vermin here, do we?" 

Wormtail had been given to Snape as an order from the Dark Lord, himself. To assist his most loyal aide, or be a slave for him. It didn't matter to Voldemort since he knew Snape would know what to do with him.

Narcissa took a deep breath, she shuddered not from the cold of the rain but from her anxiety. "The Dark Lord had forbidden me to speak of this..."

"If the Dark Lord has forbidden it, you would not speak..." Snape reminded, knowing perfectly well why the Malfoy woman was here. His eyes snaps to Bellatrix once more and he clicked his tongue again, "— Put it down, Bella, we mustn't touch what isn't ours!" he scolded Bellatrix who had taken the freedom of playing with the artefacts on top of the mantle on the fireplace, clearly bored of some fun.

Bellatrix turned to him, shrugged and as if doing out to scorn the man, she drops the item back to where it was and gave him a sweet smile. Then she strode away to the window, taking no offence in the scowl Snape had projected in her direction. 

Snape sighed at her and went back to the conversation, "As it, so happens, I'm aware of your situation, Narcissa." 

"You?" Bellatrix scoffed, cocking her head. "The Dark Lord told you?" she queried in disbelief. A peal of dry laughter escaped her red lips.

"Your sister darts me," Snape commented with a sardonic smile. "Understandable, over the years, I've played my part well. So well— I've deceived one of the greatest wizards of all time..." Bellatrix sneered at his seemingly proud empty words and Snape remarked firmly, "Dumbledore is a great wizard."

The frizzy-haired woman rolls her eyes at his attempts to sugarcoat his claims.

"Only a fool would question it," Snape spat back with venom, indirectly adverting the insult to Bellatrix.

"I don't doubt you, Severus. He is... He is a great wizard." Narcissa spoke with reverence. She knew of the wise old wizard's power, incredible and it was no surprise that Voldemort would be afraid of Dumbledore. Anyone would.

"You should be honoured, Cissy. As should Draco and that wench," Bellatrix said, she didn't understand why her sister was so afraid of her son taking up the task of killing Dumbledore. If the Dark Lord had instructed her to do it, she would without fail perform it dutifully. It isn't every day that Voldemort would charge them with such a highly important mission unless he knows that they are qualified for it. It was a good thing.

Narcissa clenched her fist around her goblet of wine, the glass shaking under her anger. "Don't you dare— Don't you dare call her that!" she warned in a low, deadly voice. "She has a name, Bella! Aine— That's her name! Not wench."

"I don't give a single care of what her name is, Cissy," Bellatrix smirked, swirling her wine. "I am allowed to call her wench or a bitch if I like. It fits her well!"

Narcissa seethes at her sister, she thought her differently but it seems with Bellatrix rotting her years away at Azkaban had made her corrupt her mind too. She was trembling with rage but retained it in, she wasn't here to argue with her sister. She was here for Snape's help.

There was a sceptical look on Snape's face and Narcissa softened again. A tear slipped down and she wipes it away. Her words began to choke as she swallows a sob. "They're just children, Severus... He's just a boy, and she's just a girl...! Both are given without a choice but to kill or they will be the ones who die instead..." 

She shook her head, biting on her painted lips. "I can't lose him too, Severus... My only son. Lucius is gone... And Elliot—" the idea of her good friend no longer around made Narcissa's heart wrench again. It was just as painful as it was to hear her husband being captured by Aurors. Her heart had broke for both Aine and Aion. "The Estoileon children have no one left but each other. Aion is barely an adult but he too is still young to be carrying the weight of his family's fate. Please..." she beseeched him.

"I cannot change the Dark Lord's mind," Snape replied coldly, studying the disappointment on Narcissa's face. She was desperate, that he could tell. He took a moment to process his thoughts, he harboured no ill feelings for Narcissa and if he had taken up the deal to help her, he could perform his duties under the disguise of helping the children. "But... It might be possible for me to help Draco and Aine."

"Severus..." There had finally been a glimmer of hope in Narcissa's eyes, she nearly burst out crying but wore a grateful smile. But before she could thank him, her sister cuts in.

"Swear to it," Bellatrix said, glaring at him. She couldn't believe her ears, she refused to acknowledge the man with his words. This was a vital request and she wouldn't want him breaking his promise and committing treason afterwards. 

Narcissa whipped to her sister, dumbfounded.

"Make the Unbreakable Vow!" Bellatrix hisses, approaching Snape as she circles around him. "It's just empty words. You'll give it his best effort... When it matters most. And then he'll just slither back to his hole..." she mocked, resting her chin on his shoulder.

Snape stood still and uttered nothing. His reaction bored Bellatrix as her grin faltered away, bumping the side of his arm as she passed him. "Coward~" she teases.

"Take— Out your wand," Snape replied.

Bellatrix whirled around, her mouth fell open, surprised by how quickly he accepted the proposal. She simpers at her sister and nods.

Narcissa and Snape linked hands, their wrists snapping to a side as Bellatrix stood as witness. She draws her wand out, placing the tip of it on their joined hands. White silvery ropes emerged from Bellatrix's wand, binding the vow and the ceremony began.

"Will you— Severus Snape, watch over Draco Malfoy and Aine Estoileon as they attempt to fulfil the Dark Lord's wishes?" Bellatrix said, eyes never leaving the crisscrossed lines that encircled their hands.

"I will." 

The thin silvery ropes tightened even more, like wires coiling up their arms.  

"And will you, to the best of your ability, protect him..." she pauses, exchanging looks with Narcissa who stared right into her soul. "And Aine— from harm?" she added.

"I will..."

A second white ring appeared, growing and fastening itself deeper into their flesh, burning into their blood. Both of the vow-keepers' hands gripped harder on the other, they could feel the slight tingling pain in their arms.

Then came the last vow, "And if they should fail, will you— yourself, carry out the deed the Dark Lord has ordered them to perform?" 

Snape's eyes bore into the white lining interlacing their hands, running up to their elbows. There was no backing out now. It was at that moment, he thought of Aris and Elliot, the faces of Aine's and Aion's parents. His lips pursed together, remembering how he did once promise the Estoileons he would protect them and he did uphold that promise. Even at times, he cursed his willingness to help them, he was reminded of the oath he swore to him.

Like the prophecy he had disclosed to him— Aine Estoileon must remain alive until that day comes. No matter what, she must not die, she must live in order for the end to come. For Aine Estoileon was the last piece of the puzzle they needed, a secret key that will determine the destiny of their world whether it will plunge into ruin or rise to eternal glory.

Narcissa's breath hitched and she kept her remaining tears from spilling. Bellatrix squinted at him, both of the sisters awaiting the end of his silence for an answer.

Reaching a conclusion in his mind, the thread began to glow even more. It ultimately twisted around at the end, the blazing third ring materialising as it scorched into his sleeves. The promise he took secured itself as he finally spoke once more.

"I will..."

The white glowing ropes slowly dissipated away, leaving a faint marking of the vow on their skin. Both Snape and Narcissa let go of their joined hands, and a shallow breath left the woman's lips as they looked down onto the lines that only illuminated for them only, reminding them that the oath was complete.

There was no way any of them could unbreak the binding vow now. If they did, only Death awaits...

─── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───

If anyone is questioning how Aine manages to kill someone and get away with it without the Ministry authorities knowing of her crime, do know that Voldemort has rats planted in the Ministry of Magic. Spies that are under the facade of some well-known people there and some are even under the impression of the Imperious curse. Which was why they never detected the murder. Similar to the previous book when Aine used magic to practice Legilimency and Occlumency in the Order of the Phoenix headquarters. Back then, Kingsley Shacklebolt was the one who had hidden it from the Ministry's books. This time, it is one of Voldemort's followers.

Anyways! I wanted to add some more Draco x OC moments too! We're slowly falling back on track with the film plot! If you like this chapter, do give it an upvote and leave some comments~

Love you lots!

- Zeneria

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.8K 2.3K 49
(A Draco Malfoy x she/her Reader fanfiction) Your time as a Hufflepuff at Hogwarts and the Second Wizarding War is a few years behind you as you star...
11.6K 143 21
This story was previously named "The Things You Do To Me." And "The Blue Rose" - The Main antagonist in this story; Voldemort. When Voldemort recrui...
103K 1.9K 70
---------------------------- When the Wizarding World falls. Who will Rise? 'You put your faith in the wrong person.Don't you see Potter? I was born...
800 50 19
I didn't want to be here with him. I didn't want to have to do this with him, let alone FOR him. And then I did the stupidest thing of all. I fell...