Water Under the Bridge || Eva...

Oleh aprilmoonlight16

In which, Josephine attempts to overcome the losses amid saving lives in the city. [911 SEASON 3-4] Lebih Banyak

water under the bridge
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven

chapter eight

2.1K 75 1
Oleh aprilmoonlight16

knocking down the pins

Doors burst into the bowling alley establishment where the members of the 118 filed inside with a gurney. Civilians were cleared once the dispatch call was made, leaving the employees to wait for help to arrive. Bobby leading the team had spotted one of the employees dressed in their pink uniformed shirt on the side glued to his phone. 

"Hey. Are you in charge here?" He asked the employee. 

Appearing unamused, the young man shrugged, "I guess." He answered in a monotone voice. 

Thankfully, another employee in a blue shirt popped up that seemed to have more awareness of the situation. "Thank God you're here! She's this way." He started to guide the firefighters en route to the back. "Okay, her name's Arlene Branson. She's the owner. She was working on lane five when the pin setter came down on her. I wasn't sure what to do, so I shut off the power to stop it from cycling again, but I didn't think I should move it until you guys got here." He further explained to them. 

When they entered to the back room, painful moans were heard presuming to belong to the owner. "Help!" She shouted. 

"Arlene?"

"Garrett?"

The young employee rushed to his boss' aid. "It's okay, Arlene. I'm here." He responded while the members of the 118 surrounded the woman. "These people are gonna help you, okay?"

Analyzing the predicament between the owner's arm and pin setter, Chimney voiced out to the team. "All right, I got a compound fracture, more outside than in. Pulse is very weak." He gathered at the sight of the arm. 

"She's lost a lot of blood. Let's get fluids going." Hen added, unraveling the equipment to check Arlene's blood pressure. 

Bobby swiveled his head back at Garrett, "All right, do you know how to move this thing? How to release it?"

He shook his head, "Not really. I've only watched Arlene do it."

"Do you have a manual?" Josephine directed at Garrett while assisting Chimney to prep a bag of fluids. 

Arlene groaned a 'yes' in response which lit Garrett's eyes and nodding rigorously. "Right, manual release. Which is here somewhere." He began to search around. 

"We could take it apart piece by piece." Buck proposed, examining the machine.  

Eddie disagreed, glancing down at Arlene. "Not sure what that's gonna do for her arm."

Garrett returned with metal handle in his hand to pass on to Bobby. "Here. Put this in the back, then turn it." He said, Bobby grabbed the tool to give to Eddie. 

"Blood pressure's dropping." Hen declared. 

"Pushing fluids through." Chimney announced. 

Eddie interjected, "I'll get the tourniquet, tie the arm, and get her out."

"I don't know if that's going to work. Right now, this cross brace is the only thing that's holding her arm in place." Josephine argued considering the state of Arlene's arm. "The minute you move it, she's gonna bleed more."

Chimney nodded along, "And given how broken her bones are, it'll be like tying off a wet bag of rocks."

"What if we embrace the cross brace?" Buck suggested to the team causing them to go silent. He proceeded to carry out his idea. "We cut her from the pin setter here, then we weld these points here, here, and here, and you've got a-"

"Damn good splint." Bobby caught on. He gave his nod of approval, "All right, we're gonna need a stick welder." The team began to work in a haste after snatching their equipment to slice the pieces of the pin setter with a turnout jacket covering Arlene's face. 

Successfully cut, the team moved around to support Arlene's arm to maneuver her onto the gurney. "Nice and easy. Three, two, one." Chimney instructed gently; the team lifted the splint and led Arlene safely. 

"Living tissue under a metal endoskeleton." Buck spoke in an accent, one that caused Josephine to cringe next to him as they were escorting Arlene out of the building. 

Eddie looked over his shoulder at the blond, "You know, technically, it would be exoskeleton, right?"

Buck frowned, "Can't just let me enjoy the win."

"Good job, bud." Bobby patted his back. 

"Thanks."

Bobby's eyes flickered to the young employee. "You too, Garrett."

He grinned before hearing his boss mumbling out his name. "Arlene? You okay?" He bombarded questions out of concern. 

"Refunds."

"No refunds. Give everyone a coupon for another visit." He stated, recalling the rules as if he knew them from the back of his hand. 

"I'm gonna be out of commission for a while. You're in charge. Manager."

Once helping Arlene into the back of the ambulance where Hen and Chimney drove out to the hospital, the rest of the team packed up the equipment into the truck before their departure. Bobby retreated to the passenger seat of the truck as Eddie closed one of the compartment doors then went inside the truck not too long after. Josephine glanced behind her when she and Buck were left alone for a minute. 

"Good job, by the way." She whispered out, storing the bag into the compartment. 

Buck side eyed the brunette, sparing a small grin. "Thanks." 

She shut the compartment door, turning her head to meet his gaze. "It was pretty hot to see you take charge. Maybe you could do that after shift at your place." She sent him a wink and pivoted to the truck. 

"Fuck."

"So, Alexis knows about us."

Buck inquired to Josephine as they sat on his couch watching tv and sharing takeout that night. Ever since establishing their friends with benefits in the last few months, the duo found themselves spending more time together on their off days from the firehouse. It began to reel them back in the comfort of their friendships such as their movie nights with the addition in ending up entangled underneath the sheets this time. 

Josephine, who had her legs resting upon his lap kept her eyes intact on the screen. "Mhmm...She promised to keep it to herself."

"How did she find out?" Buck narrowed at the brunette. His attention settled on her instead of the show displayed.

"For one, she saw you in the parking garage a couple of times. Then there's the fact that you're the loudest whisperer she's come across in her life. Her words." Josephine hindered a giggle at the last part.

His face scrunched up, visibly offended. "I am not a loud whisperer."

She snapped her head with an arched brow. "There's nothing to be ashamed about it, Buckley. Although, I do agree that you are." She could recall on a few occasions sneaking into her place where she had to hush him on the way to her bedroom.

Buck murmured under his breath and rolled his eyes. He glanced down and toyed with his chicken chow mein. "Since Alexis figured it out, miraculously." He began, earning an amused look. "Eddie could be next. He might've found your bra in my bathroom the other night. Since then, he's been pressing me about it."

"Considering you were vocal about "Buck 2.0" and our friend's love life." She quipped. "Oh, can't forget how you openly discussed the self-diagnosis as a sex addict."

Buck shot a glare at the mischievous smile that enveloped on her lips. She dismissed it, "Anyways, just use your imagination to tell Eddie that you met this girl at a bar or coffee shop. And that your reason for hooking up rather than starting a relationship is that it's exhausting. Come on, Buckley. You're smart enough to conjure a lie like that."

"I know, but it's kind of hard hiding this from my best friend."

A dramatic gasp left Josephine's lips. "I thought I was your best friend since I've been here until he came into the picture." She placed the takeout box on the table. "Also, I was friends with him first before you finally let your ego go."

"You are my best friend. The both of you are." He truthfully said then traded his takeout box for the beer bottle sitting on the table for a swig.

"I do get it, though. Not being able to tell your best guy friend that you're sleeping with this hot brunette. It sucks." Josephine mused as she leaned towards the blond to remove the drink in his hand to straddle on his lap. Both of her hands combed through his hair before she pressed a sweet kiss on his mouth. "But we can't have the entire firehouse know about this. No doubt it'll spread like wildfire along with the judgement of our situation." She caressed his face.

Completely drawn into her brown orbs, Buck breathed out. "Of course." His thumbs massaged her hip bone as he captured her lips once more. "Wouldn't want us to get in trouble with Bobby or the department either."

"Correct, Buckley."

Josephine slammed the door to her car once retrieving the duffel bag sitting in the passenger seat. She locked her car and then headed to the firehouse for another 24-hour shift. On the way, Eddie who arrived at the same time had jogged up to her in the parking lot.

"Morning Josie." He greeted sporting a warm grin.

She swiveled her head, sending a smile back. "Good morning."

As the duo approached the entrance of the firehouse, Eddie went ahead to dabble something that plagued his mind for a while. "Quick question, do you know who Buck's been seeing? I found a bra in his bathroom not too long ago and when I asked, he shut me down about it." He presumed with Josephine and Buck on good terms again that he could possibly share about his love life.

"Why? Jealous, Edmundo? Because I'm sure if you communicate with Buck, he'll make time for you." She sarcastically replied, suppressing a laugh about the brunette's nosiness. He sent her glare causing her face to soften. "I actually don't know who this girl he's seeing. Kind of surprising since he tells me everything except for this one." She lied though found it entertaining.

"Don't know why he's so secretive about it."

"Probably not as serious to tell." She deadpanned.

Eddie shoved the brunette woman lightly before entering the locker room to change out of their civilian clothes and into their uniforms. They greeted Hen who already stood at her locker while Chimney walked in five minutes later.

"But am I happy?" Chimney questioned out loud to his colleagues in the room. He shut his locker and turned to them to continue with his dilemma. "Albert is annoying, but maybe he's right. Things with me and Maddie are great, but we're not exactly lighting the world on fire." He deflated at the conversation with his little brother about his relationship with Maddie. 

"Does it matter what he thinks?" Eddie retorted, fixing his collar. "Only you know how you feel about Maddie."

"I really care about her."

Josephine's face scrunched up in the reflection of the mirror hanging in her locker. She and Hen let out a disgusted sound at Chimney's response to which resulted in closing her locker. Both men held confused expressions at both women before Hen chimed in. "The dreaded C-word." She propped her shoe on the bench. "I really care about good arch support."

"That's not how you feel about your significant other." Josephine added, garnering a nod of agreement from the paramedic.

"Obviously, I care about her more than good footwear."

Hen nodded, "Okay, how much more?"

"A lot."

"Do you love her?" Josephine wiggled her brows at the man.

The corners of his mouth tugged into a content smile. "Yeah."

"Does she love you?" Eddie asked.

Chimney took a minute in pondering that question. He shrugged, "It's unclear. I mean, I feel like she does, but neither of us have actually said those exact words out loud." He omitted to the trio.

"You've been together for, like, a year." Hen commented.

"Technically we've been dating for 10 months and 3 weeks."

A small laugh escaped from Josephine's lips, "So, you've been together for, like, a year."

"With everything she's been through, you know, that we've been through, we just wanted to take it slow."

Hen shook her head at her best friend, "Glaciers move faster, Chim." She teased, earning laughs from Josephine and Eddie.

"And they're also melting, so maybe fiery is overrated."

Their conversation came to an end when Buck poked his head, knocking on the glass to gain their attention. "Hey, guys? Reynolds wants to do a lineup." He told, appearing not too optimistic. 

Everyone groaned at the reminder of Bobby's absence due to his camping trip with Michael and Harry.

"I can't believe Cap left us with this guy." Hen said, being the first to leave the room.

Chimney followed out, "I sure wasn't gonna do it again."

Late at night where a majority of Firehouse 118 went into deep slumber due to exhaustion of dispatch calls earlier that day. Buck shuffled quietly towards the laundry room. He took a glimpse at his phone in his phone before checking his surroundings. With no one in sight, he slithered inside the dim lit room. He surveyed the room and almost whispered out when Josephine revealed herself in the light.

"Why did you text me to come in here?"

He received a message with an order to wait around five minutes prior to his arrival from the brunette.

"Lock the door."

Josephine commanded as she sauntered up to him. He complied and locked the door to the laundry room. Turning back around, he observed the woman ringing her fingers into his belt loops to tug him closer to her body.

"Thought we could relieve ourselves after a long first half of shift especially under the command of Reynolds." She elicited a seductive smile, a hand wrapped around Buck's neck to pull in for a lustful kiss.

Surely, Josephine had him wrapped around her finger.

Buck tilted back, furrowing his eyebrows. "We could get in trouble for this." He breathed against her lips.

"Says the guy who took the ladder truck out on several occasions to have sex with women." Josephine challenged causing him to grimace. "Come on, everyone in the firehouse is likely asleep. We'll be fine, trust me." She pressed a soft kiss onto the corner of his mouth.

"If you say so." Buck smirked, abruptly hoisting Josephine to wrap her legs around his waist that caused her to suppress a giggle. They shared a sloppy kiss and carried on the rendezvous with their colleagues in the unknown of what transpired in the laundry room.

Two days after celebrating her first college acceptance at USC, May woke up and walked out of her bedroom. Athena was in the kitchen already sipping her first cup of coffee for the day. The house remained peaceful and a little quiet with Bobby and Harry's absence. Despite relishing in the silence, they were merely worried about Michael. Neither were enthused of the idea of him moving forward with the camping trip due to the brain tumor making him less equipped to do the heavy lifting. Even with Bobby joining and phone call updates lessen their worries by a smidge. 

Both mother and daughter were seated at the table when the doorbell rang. May scooted the chair back to answer the door. Behind the door unveiled Josephine's cheery smile with a bouquet of flowers and colorful treats in her hands.

"Heard someone got accepted to USC." The firefighter beamed at the teenage girl after stepping inside the house. 

May whipped her head at Athena with a knowing look. "Really, mom?" 

The older woman stood in the family room, sparing a smile. "Josie is family." She reminded then brought the mug to her lips. However, she thought of the young brunette could uplift her daughter's mood with everything going on with Michael. 

Josephine hummed in agreement, "I am family. Now, let me give you a congratulatory hug before you get dress for our day out." She said, embraced May who couldn't help but let out a genuine laugh and hug back.

Athena stayed back at the house where she planned to have Hen come over that afternoon while the duo left to the mall. Josephine might've had a trouble past during her teenage years, yet she had always shown up for May. During the times she used to babysit, they would go on a trip for ice cream to evolve into scheduled sister dates which excited May to have an older sister. They were strolling down the courtyard with shopping bags in their hands on the way to their favorite restaurant. 

May maneuvered her gaze onto the brunette, "You didn't have to do this. It's one college acceptance letter." She said in a soft tone. 

"Don't humble yourself. You deserve to be celebrated, May. Any kid who gets accepted to a school specifically to USC." Josephine slung her arm around the teenage girl, enlightening about the USC part. "Had no doubt that you would get in, but I am proud of you." 

She tugged a small smile, "Thanks, I think mom started searching up "USC mom" shirts online. Haven't even decided if I wanted to go there yet." 

"We'll just let her live in that moment." Josephine joked, squeezing May's shoulder. 

"I haven't even told my dad yet." She confessed to the older woman. 

"You can do that when he gets back from the camping trip with Harry and Bobby." 

They continued to walk when silence drifted between them. May returned her gaze to the front, biting down on her lip. "How did you get over..." She began, catching a glimpse of Josephine drawn to her. "- losing your dad?" There was hesitation in her voice in proposing this question due to feeling regretful to touch upon a sensitive subject. 

Josephine's face faltered not because of the question, but because the teenage girl is confronted to ponder the possibility of losing her father. And it wasn't like she had to be faced with her mother's brain tumor last year. She was fortunate enough the surgery excelled for her mother to be cancer free. 

"Honestly, I don't think I've ever gotten over his death nor will be." Josephine admitted, taking a sharp inhale. "There is not a day that goes by where I don't think about him. To lose him at a young age abruptly...felt unfair. Like anyone who can relate, we think about the little moments they'll miss or the years we deserved to have with the person we most loved. Moving forward is much better said than done when you realized that you won't be able to see your dad ever again." She diverted her gaze away momentarily. "Although, I've learned that we shouldn't dwell too much. Took a longtime for me but we're human. These feelings won't go away that quickly."

Her eyes dawned back to May, "My advice to you is to take advantage of the time with your dad. He's still here with you and Harry. That should be important. We have to hope for the best rather than presuming the negative things in life." May sighed out, resting her head upon the brunette's shoulder for comfort. 

"I can imagine the prideful look on face when you tell him about your first acceptance letter coming back. Let's focus on that." Josephine told, rubbing May's arm then pressing a light kiss on top of her head. 

- A filler chapter though a fun little chapter. Between Buck and Josie getting sneaky around the firehouse to Eddie playing detective. Also, thought needed some more May and Josie interaction. If there's anything you wish to see more such as interactions or ideas, don't be shy to comment! Hope you like it! Tell me what you think! Don't forget to comment and vote! Stay tuned!-

WRITTEN: 11/14/22

PUBLISHED: 11/15/22

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

196K 2.8K 14
"NOT EVERYONE BELIEVES IN HER, AND NOT EVERYONE SUPPORTS HER, BUT HER GOD GOES WITH HER AND THATS WHAT SUSTAINS HER." 9-1-1 season 1 OC x Evan 'Buck'...
16.1K 512 12
𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 π˜ͺ𝘧 𝘸𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘒𝘬π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 π˜₯𝘰𝘸𝘯 ...𝗂𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝖼𝗁 π–»π–Ύπ—Œπ— 𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽 π—ˆπ–Ώ 𝖀𝖽𝖽𝗂𝖾 𝖣𝗂𝖺𝗓 𝗍𝗋𝗂𝖾𝖽 π—π—ˆ π—‹π–Ύπ–»π—Žπ—‚π—…π–½...
849K 19.9K 37
❝be careful when you play with fire, because you're bound to get burned❞ γ€Œ season 1 and 2 of 911 」 πš‚πšƒπ™°πšƒπš„πš‚:...
62.9K 1K 28
After a long battle against justice, Evan Buckley, mostly known as Buck is finally back at house 118. Injured in duty, his main purpose always was to...