cale LEVEL UP

By S3ansean

The last thing Kim Roksoo expected is to meet a god, and that wasn't the end of it. Now he has to live in the... More

chapter1: The deal
Chapter 2: The start
notes
chapter 3: start (2)
Chapter 4: Mother's grave and a talk with the assassin
chapter 5: Ancient Power
Chapter 6: Rumors
Chapter 7: Let's go out!
Chapter 8: Second Ancient Power
Chapter 9: Crimson fairy
Chapter 10: They Met
Chapter 11: The Met (2)
Chapter 12: Planning for the trip
Chapter 13: Heading out
Chapter 14: Heading Out (2)
Chapter 15: Meeting the real trash
Chapter 16: Exposed
Chapter 17: Did you lose a dragon? Now he is mine
Chapter 18:Did you lose a dragon? Now he is mine (2)
Chapter 20: The vitality of the heart
Chapter 21: Returning the favor
Chapter 22: Exposed again
Chapter 23: The capital
Chapter 24: Berserker Lock
Chapter 25: What happened?
Chapter 26: A talk with the mage
Chapter 27: Raon Miru
Chapter 28:being still and pulling the strings
Chapter 29: Meeting the crown prince.

Chapter 19: Puzzle city

1.3K 80 11
By S3ansean

Cale just casually nodded toward Choi Han on this early morning and picked up the glass of cold water that Ron had prepared for him. Cale recalled what Ron had said earlier, as he felt the cold water flow through his body.

'Young master, it is not good to take such a long night walk. This Ron was very worried about you.'

It made his mind clear up, even without the cold water for some reason. Cale carefully put the water back down and started to speak to Choi Han.

"You took care of everything properly?"

"Yes, Cale-nim."

After Choi Han had brought Cale back to the inn, he immediately went back to erase their tracks and create a new set of fake tracks heading toward the west.

Even though he can't see the dragon right now, at night he clearly felt when he slept next to him.

Meeeeeow. Cale looked toward the kittens that were eating jerky and yawning, and started to explain to Choi Han about the city that they would soon reach.

"The name of the next city is Puzzle City. That is the middle point in our journey."

Once you get out of the Henituse territory that is surrounded by mountains, all the roads are well-paved from this small city in the Viscount's territory to the capital.

'That's the reason that the Henituse territory has been safe until now, even if it is a bit annoying for the merchants.'

Even if you have a lot of goods to sell, it would be difficult for merchants to travel to buy those goods if the roads were rough. However, the merchants pushed through this inconvenience because the roads were paved as soon as they left the Henituse territory.

Furthermore, these paved roads allowed for the influential powers in the eastern half of the Roan Kingdom to gather frequently. That was why people in the capital were able to discuss many of the issues in the east, even though there were no nobles with a higher nobility than the rank of Marquis in the east.

"It took a while to get this far because our territory has a lot of mountains, but it will not take very long from here."

Puzzle City was not the middle point in terms of distance, but in terms of time.

"But Cale-nim."

"What?"

"I went to check the Viscount's villa on my way back."

"And?"

Looking at Cale's stoic expression, Choi Han had a slightly bitter expression as he responded.

"They all seemed to be in a state of chaos. There were also soldiers and knights leaving the village."

"I'm sure they went to report."

After regaining their consciousness, they probably sent people to Venion and investigated the area around the cave. However, that did not seem to be the end of Choi Han's report.

"However."

"Just say it."

Cale started to frown, and bluntly retorted to Choi Han. Choi Han still seemed to have a bitter expression, and slowly started to speak.

"A part of the exit route we took from the cave was blown up. Even the trees, grass, ground, and everything around it was a mess."

Plop.

The kittens dropped the jerkies that were in their mouths.

However, Cale was still relaxed.

'So that is why he wanted to stay outside.'

"I'm sure the dragon did it."

Choi Han just stood there silently. Cale saw that, and started to smile as he stood up from his seat.

Even if it is only 4 years old, the dragon was still extremely smart. It knew someone may come to the escape route, and probably decided to blow it up. Since dragons are also very sensitive to mana, it probably destroyed everything around it to destroy the magic tools in the area as well.

"It's good enough that it didn't kill all of the fainted people. It's probably holding back because it is still young and still has some fear."

"I see. I did feel a strong amount of mana there."

"Don't look down on the dragon just because it is small. You'll regret it."

Dragons were said to be large animals that were extremely petty. Cale asked Choi Han a question.

"You can get out now. Are you going to be sleeping until we leave?"

"No. I need to go help Beacrox out."

"Who? Beacrox?"

Cale gasped in shock and quickly asked.

"Oh, I guess you are close now?

At that moment, Cale saw Choi Han have a stoic expression for the first time. Choi Han answered very sternly.

"No. We are not close at all."

"... I, I see... okay then."

Cale responded back with a similar expression on his face, and Choi Han silently bowed before heading out of the room. Cale gave Choi Han an order as he was opening the door to leave.

"Ah. Tell Hans to prepare some drinks on your way out."

"Excuse me?"

Choi Han's eyes opened widely in shock as he looked back at Cale. He looked back and forth at the relaxed Cale and the clock that showed 7:00 am. Cale refreshingly answered Choi Han's silent question.

"Haven't you ever heard of a hangover drink?"

Choi Han left without saying anything else, but Cale did not care. Even On and Hong were looking at him and seemed to be asking if he really was going to start drinking this early, but he also ignored them, and looked into the mirror.

"What a wonderful expression."

His face seemed to be extremely tired, and still slightly drunk. Cale nodded in satisfaction, before heading down to the first floor.

'As I expected.'

7:00 am was early, but the day was not yet over for some people. The Vice Captain was standing there, looking like he had never even drunk last night, and was having a serious conversation with someone.

Cale could see a stiff Choi Han nearby. It was because the person speaking with the Vice Captain was one of the knights that Choi Han had defeated yesterday. It was only normal to stiffen up.

Cale approached Choi Han, and kicked Choi Han's foot.

"Why are you stiffening up like that?"

"Ah."

Choi Han flinched for a moment at Cale's stealthy whisper, before smiling awkwardly and quietly responding back.

"I thought I had used enough strength to make them unable to fight for about a day, but they are up and moving much earlier than I expected. I guess I thought the human body was much weaker than it actually is. I guess I can use more strength against humans in the future."

Cale turned his gaze away from Choi Han. Choi Han really fit the model of a normal main character who would happily destroy anything in his path toward justice.

There were also other existences who were outside of Cale's expectations.

On and Hong had followed him downstairs. The kittens had smirks on their face as they wagged their tails and peeked at the knight. Anybody could see that they were enjoying this situation.

'...Am I the biggest coward here?'

As Cale was thinking about that and sat down at his table, the inn owner brought a bottle of alcohol to him.

"Young master, I prepared the same alcohol you drank last night."

"Old man, there is something that keeps coming to my mind whenever I see you."

"Yes?"

Cale smiled at the nervous old man and continued to speak.

"I think you are a really smart vendor. It's a compliment. This is perfect for a hangover drink."

Pong.

The alcohol bottle opened with a refreshing sound, and Cale immediately poured a cup and downed it. His face almost instantly started to turn red. Cale purposefully made his eyes only half opened, and looked toward the Vice Captain. The Vice Captain was still talking to the other knight.

"Yesterday, we had a party to relax after a long journey until here. Everybody was drinking and relaxing. Nobody left the inn. But I still don't understand why someone from the Viscount's estate would be curious about that."

The knight from the Marquis's estate seems to have introduced himself as someone from the Viscount's estate. The knight smiled at the Vice Captain's suspicious gaze, but the knight still answered back with a serious expression.

"There was a thief that broke into the Viscount's villa yesterday. A couple other knights and I were on guard, but we lost a few items to the thief. After hearing that people from Count Henituse's estate were here in the village, we came to see if the thief had stolen from the Count as well."

'Thief my ass. Well, I guess a dragon thief is a thief as well.'

Cale took a gulp directly from the bottle while thinking about that. At that moment, he made eye contact with the knight who was at the Viscount's villa yesterday.

"What are you looking at?"

The knight immediately bowed and turned his gaze away. The Vice Captain looked toward Cale awkwardly, before letting out a fake cough and then confidently and loudly answering.

"Ahem. Our young master is drinking because his day turns out better if he drinks in the morning. Furthermore, it is a hangover drink. He is the type of person who drinks to cure his hangover caused from drinking too much the night before."

Cale glared at the Vice Captain because he could not tell whether the Vice Captain was mocking him or coming up with an excuse for him, before taking another drink.

'Maybe I could use him to try the new potions in the shop.'

"I see. What an interesting young master."

The knight responded to the Vice Captain's words positively, before respectfully bowing toward Cale.

'I guess this should lessen their suspicion of us.'

Cale felt like they should no longer have any reason to be suspected by the Marquis's knight who came to the inn so early in the morning. The dragon happened to disappear while Cale's envoy was here, and they were leaving the morning after, but there weren't many reasons to suspect them.

Venion's remaining subordinates here will think about the six starred outfits that the attackers were wearing, the ones that seemed to represent a certain organization, as well as the tracks that were leading to the west. Most importantly, however, is that they would never think that someone like Cale, who was called trash, would be able to do something like that.

"Then I wish you a safe journey as you continue on today."

In addition, there was no way they could hold the eldest son of a Count from leaving when they didn't have the Marquis, Venion, or even the Viscount with them. Especially when that noble was heading to the capital under the order of the crown.

'Who would think that a noble that is drinking on his way to a summons from the crown would be normal?'

It really was good to be trash. Cale continued to drink with satisfaction.

'I'm sure Venion would not suspect us, even after finding out what happened. And I really can't wait to see his face when he comes to the capital completely bald, The Black dragon will surely love it. '

Venion and Marquis Stan were probably the people who knew better than anyone else that there was absolutely no relationship between Count Henituse and the secret organization. That was especially the case when it came to the dragon.

Cale watched the knight leave the inn before drinking the honey lemon tea Ron had put in front of him.

"Ron."

"Yes, young master."

"Honey tea really seems to be the best to cure a hangover."

"Isn't it?"

Ron smiled as he looked at Cale, but Cale looked away and tried to calm his stomach. Once Cale no longer felt sick from drinking too much, they started on their way once more.

Their next destination was Puzzle City. It was the city that was the center of the transportation of goods in the East, and it was pretty famous for the number of rock towers around the city.

Cale needed to find an unfinished rock tower in Puzzle City.

"Are we camping out today?"

On took a bite of the jerky as she asked Cale. Cale nodded his head.

"Yes. Starting today, we will be camping outside every so often."

Cale had set a pretty filled schedule from here on as well. It was because he wanted to have enough time in Puzzle City. He turned away from the kitten siblings, who were whispering quietly to each other, and looked outside the carriage window.

'The Vitality of the Heart.'

That was the name of the ancient power that would strengthen the Indestructible Shield. This was a power that was focused on restoration and vitality.

'That was why the eldest son was looking for it.'

Taylor, the eldest son of the Marquis, who had lost his position as heir. He was the only good person in the Marquis's family, but the lower half of his body had become paralyzed because of Venion's schemes.

Taylor had rummaged through all sorts of texts to find a power that would cure him. He happens to find an ancient text in an old bookstore in the process, and, although it was difficult to decipher the ancient text, he manages to decipher a few words after putting in a lot of hard work.

Restoration. Rock Tower.

Those two things became clues for Taylor who immediately headed to Puzzle City, which could also be called Rock Tower City. He was probably at Puzzle City right now. In the novel, he would find the ancient power in about a month from now.

'But it was useless.'

The, 'Vitality of the Heart,' was unable to restore an already injured body. It only was able to restore any injuries received after earning the power. There was also a limit on how much could be restored, as well as a cost to pay for any restorations.

Taylor fell into despair after learning about that fact. He had no time, and that ancient power was his last hope. It was because Taylor did not know when Venion would come to kill him.

'He dies a month after finding the power.'

Taylor ends up dying by an unknown organization while the capital was in a state of chaos from the terror incident. Of course, Venion was responsible for sending that organization after Taylor.

The reason Cale remembered this side character, that seemed to have an even smaller role than the original Cale in the novel, was because of the strong friendship Taylor had with his friend.

The crazy priestess. She was Taylor's friend and the only person who survives Taylor's assassination. She kills half of the assassins in anger and ends up becoming excommunicated by the temple. She ends up with a large injury on her back from the incident and confidently tells the temple about what she had done.

'I acted as a human rather than following the will of the lord. I believe that is the right thing to do.'

She then continued on after that.

'I am now free!'

That is when she starts to be called the crazy priestess by others. Her specialty was using the strength of the God of Death for curses. The temple had excommunicated her, but her god did not throw her away.

'...the best thing is how she always curse him.'

When the war broke out in the novel, she became famous, even though she was not a hero, because of how she helped to heal the injured.

'I think it will be different this time.'

There was a good chance that Taylor would not die in a month. Venion was going to be busy dealing with the dragon incident and sucking up to the Marquis. He probably would need to focus on his younger siblings rather than his paralyzed older brother to maintain his status as the heir to the Marquis title.

'And since I will be taking Taylor's last hope away, I will need to give him a new hope.'

Although the Vitality of the Heart was an ancient power that Taylor did not need, Cale was not such a bad guy to take someone's last hope away.

Cale was also curious to know about what that combination of Taylor and the Crazy Priestess could achieve if they managed to live longer. He thought that the two of them could change the Marquis's estate. If that could happen, that would be better for Cale in the long run.

However, something that he suddenly thought about made Cale stiffen his expression.

'Even Beacrox struggled under her curse right?'

Once Cale thought about the struggles the torture expert Beacrox had with the priestess, he stopped thinking about her right away. He decided to stop thinking about the good-natured and citizen-caring noble Taylor as well.

'They don't mesh well with me.'

They were different types of people than Cale. They were good people who were loyal and trusted each other deeply. Cale preferred Ron or Beacrox to those kinds of people.

At that moment, Cale looked down after feeling something tapping at his leg. He could see the golden pupils of the kittens shining, as the kittens started to speak.

"I heard from Hans earlier."

"Hans said."

Hans still didn't know that the kittens were Cat Tribe kittens, and continued to say all sorts of things in front of the kittens. The kittens seemed to want to tell him something they had heard Hans say.

"What?"

The siblings seemed to have gotten used to Cale's rude way of asking, and started to speak.

"If you make a wish at a rock tower, it will come true."

' I am gonna make sure to punish him for giving my children false hope.'

"He said the rock towers were pretty."

"I want to go. But it's okay if it is too annoying."

"I want to go with you, but it's okay if it is too difficult."

Cale blankly stared at the fidgety kittens before casually asking.

"What kind of wish do you have?"

Hong shook his fur, that was now healthier and shinier thanks to getting good treatment from Hans, and shouted out with excitement.

"That everybody, including my new little brother-"

"Dismissed, that something only he can decide."

Cale immediately started to ignore the kittens and turned away from them. The carriage stopped at the same time. They had arrived at the location of their campsite for the evening.

"Looks like we are camping out again starting today."

"Indeed."

Cale answered Hans's statement, before looking around their campsite. The wind from the forest blew by his head. Cale spent the night with a pretty relaxed mind.

The next morning.

"Young master."

"...What is this?"

Cale stared at the dead deer that was at the border of their campsite. It had been hunted recently. Hans reported to Cale, who just continued to stare at the deer.

"Someone left it here on our campsite."

Hans pointed next to the deer. Cale was looking at that spot as well. On the ground was a drawing of a fork and a knife.

It was as if someone had left the deer there for them to eat. Cale suddenly had an odd thought. He then turned his gaze toward his companions. The kitten siblings in Choi Han's arms, as well as Choi Han himself, were all smiling while looking at him.

An individual that could speak, but could not write, had left the deer for them.

Also, it was an individual that Choi Han, the person on watch last night, clearly knew was there, but pretended not to see.

'.... I am sure it is the dragon...I need tocome up with a name for him in case he asks me'

He turned his head back to look at Choi Han, On, and Hong, who were still looking at him, and seriously warned them.

"Don't expose him."

Meeeow.

Meeow.

The two siblings seemed to be mocking him, but Cale pretended to not know about it.

However, a new ingredient was delivered to them every time Cale and crew camped outside. Wild hog, rabbits, and all sorts of fruits. Cale was now sure about the existence of the dragon following behind him.

Cale then arrived at Puzzle City with that confirmation in his mind.

After easily passing through Puzzle City's gate, the Henituse family's Golden Turtle carriage followed the lead of deputy butler Hans to the inn.

"It is smaller than Rain City."

"Right. Small."

Cale nodded at On and Hong's words, and looked outside the carriage.

'He won't have a problem following through the city, right?'

According to Choi Han, the Black Dragon would follow them from a far distance, before coming by in the early morning to drop the food off and then running away.

"Isn't he cute? The dragon seems like a little kid that hasn't lost his innocence, even after living such a terrible life."

'...he is a little kid.'

Cale was wondering that if Choi Han saw the dragon blowing up an entire mountain, would he call him cute?

But even though, Cale still find him cute when he sneaks in the night to sleep next to him, and leave before Cale wakes up.

Cale always acted like he didn't notice, but he is always vigilant so the moment the dragon get near him, he wakes up.

"Tsk."

Cale clicked his tongue, and the kittens, who were excitedly looking out the window, flinched before approaching him. It seemed like they had seen something odd outside, and had come to ask.

"Each house has a rock tower in front of it."

"Very very weird."

Cale just casually answered.

"This is the city of rock towers."

Puzzle City was famous for the ancient ruins with a lot of rock towers, but it was also famous for the fact that each house had small rock towers in front of them.

The people in this city made a small groove outside of their windows to put a small rock tower on top of it. It really shouldn't be called a rock tower, because it was made with less than ten rocks, but the rock towers were formed in different shapes based on the personality of the home owners.

That was why it was only natural that the luxurious inn that Cale arrived at also had a rock tower in front of it.

"Will we be staying here?"

Hans quickly responded to Cale's question, as they followed behind the inn owner. Hans seemed to be very excited, as he was walking with the kitten siblings in his arms.

"Yes sir. We have reserved two days for Choi Han-nim, and have agreed to pay for the rest of the group depending on how long we end up staying here."

Ron flinched for a moment at Hans's words before quickly following behind with the magic box in his hand. Hans continued to speak.

"We arrived right before the Rock Tower Festival season, so the room was not that expensive."

The Rock Tower Festival. Puzzle City was currently busy preparing for next week's Rock Tower Festival. Cale just let out what he was thinking without giving it any thought.

"It's not like there are a lot of rocks here, but the rock towers are quite interesting. Very odd."

"I know the reason for that."

'Huh?'

Cale peeked toward Hans, who had responded to his mumblings.

"There is a sad yet thought provoking story that has been passed down through the ages."

"Stop right now if it is going to be long."

Cale really didn't care about it. However, Hans continued to speak, as he had probably determined that the story was not very long. The group that had entered Cale's room watched as the attendant stepped out of the room and then had to listen to Hans's story.

"This story, well, this legend, is about something that happened in ancient times."

"Ancient times?"

Click.

The attendant had closed the door behind her and only Cale's group was left in his room. Cale responded to the words, 'Ancient times.'

"Yes. Ancient times."

"Go on."

The kitten siblings in Hans's arms were wagging their tails, as if they were interested in the story, and looked up at him. Ron just silently poured a cup of lemonade from the bottle he carried in with the magic box and handed it to Cale.

Cale held the cup of lemonade in his hands and sat down on the couch with his legs crossed and motioned to Hans with his chin. He was telling Hans to hurry up and speak.

"Ahem. This city supposedly fell out of the grace of a god in the past."

'Falling out of grace?'

Cale did not know anything about this story.

"This is my first time hearing about it."

"That is because young master has not studied history."

"...You seem to enjoy talking back to me these days. Are you going to keep talking back like that? Hmm?"

Hans quickly turned his gaze away from Cale.

"It is only natural for a great butler to inform their master about things that the master does not know."

Hans started to speak about the ancient times.

"I do not know why this city fell out of the grace of a god. However, that is apparently when some of the people in this city started to gather together to build rock towers. It seemed to have been an act of worship to reach out to the god that had abandoned them."

"Did it work?"

Hans sternly responded to Cale's question.

"No."

The god did not listen to them.

"Apparently, none of the prayers went through. That is why the present day Puzzle City does not have a single temple."

"There's no reason for me to worship a god who has abandoned me. Is that it?"

"Ding ding ding! Our young master truly is smart and does not need to study at all."

"...You want to get punched?"

Hans turned away from Cale to look at a far away mountain and continued to speak.

"Ahem. Anyways, they have rock towers instead of temples. The rock towers represent a promise that the people made after all of that. It was a promise between the people, as well as a promise with themselves."

"What kind of promise?"

Hans started to explain an odd rule that was followed in Puzzle City.

"A human who has had their wish granted will destroy their rock tower."

Cale started to smile.

"What an interesting city."

"Isn't it? Since they were abandoned by their god, they needed to achieve everything with their own strength. The act of destroying their rock tower represents, 'overcoming the odds.'

Cale liked the act of destroying the rock tower very much. He then recalled the numerous rock towers in front of the houses.

"The rock towers are not created to seek help from a god."

"Right. It is more of a representation of their own determination."

This kind of rock tower held a lot of importance, even if you never got to destroy it.

"I guess it wasn't the god granting their wish in the end."

"Yes. You are right. Although it is sad that they were abandoned, this story also gives people a lot of hope."

Cale casually gave an ordered to Hans who was responding to him.

"Look down."

"Excuse me?"

Seeing Hans looking confused, Cale pointed to Hans's chest with his finger.

"Looks like the kittens are angry."

"What?"

Gasp. Hans looked down and gasped as his eyes opened widely. The kittens were showing their teeth in anger. The golden pupils staring at Hans were vicious.

"Aigoo. Why are our kitten-nims so angry? Should I go bring you some more jerky?"

Hans started to smile as he put the kittens down from his chest. Since he still had no idea that they were beast people, he just assumed they were angry because they were hungry. However, the kittens were not angry because of that. Cale recalled the things that the siblings had told him earlier.

'I heard from Hans earlier.'

'Hans said.'

'If you make a wish at a rock tower, it will come true.'

'He said the rock towers were pretty.'

Tap. Tap.

On seemed to be angry, as she was tapping on the floor with her paw, while Hong was tapping on the floor with his tail. They were angry that Hans had lied to them about the rock tower, but Hans seemed to have gotten the wrong message.

"Aigoo, our precious kitten-nims. I will go get some delicious snacks for you! Young master, may I go get something for them?"

"You can stay out as well."

"I will be back really quickly."

Hans said that he would hurry back, but he still made sure the things he brought for Cale were neatly organized, before heading out like the wind as soon as it was done.

"Ron, you can go rest as well."

Ron was still in the room. Ron turned toward Cale and started to smile.

'I have a bad feeling about this.'

Cale really hated that old man's smile. His smile made Cale even more uncomfortable than normal. Ron approached the couch Cale was on, before starting to speak.

"Will Choi Han-nim be leaving in two days?"

"Yes."

Cale suddenly had a thought and started to smile as he asked.

"I think it will be better if you go with him."

Ron's benign smile became even bigger.

"Why would I leave you behind and go somewhere else, young master? I like being next to you."

This gave Cale the chills.

"It will be better if you go, as we talked before the orginazation will attack the wolf village, Choi is going there after meeting a certain person, if you go to it will be better to directly kill all the memebers of the orginazation there. And meet me at the capital"

"Of course, young master but your safety is my priority."

Cale saw the smile on the old man's face, and started getting even more chills.

"As far as I know nothing will happen in my way to the capital, and Beacrox will be with me, so no need to worry."

"Ok then young master, I will make sure that all the foxs will be hunted down."

Cale thought about his plan, and started to smile mischievously as he answered.

"Well, we will see each other again at the capital, since you'll be moving together."

he started to smirk while Ron started to smile even brighter.

"I look forward to when we are all together with Choi Han-nim in the capital. This old man's wish is that everybody arrives there safely."

Cale did not believe anything Ron was saying. 'Looking forward to it,' or, 'wishing that everybody arrives there safely.' Those type of emotions would not fly with this old man.

The kittens also snorted while looking at Ron. On and Hong found it annoying that Ron kept trying to teach them assassination skills that they already knew behind Cales back.

"...You can leave now."

Cale easily got rid of Ron from the room.

"Hans is a liar!"

"I trusted that butler!"

The kitten siblings finally let out their anger while Cale ignored them by looking out of the window.

Cale was looking in the direction of a cave in the corner of Puzzle City. This cave was the location of the incomplete rock tower and the, 'Vitality of the Heart.' There should be a small house in that cave.

'Didn't it say the person lived until they were 150 years old?'

This was a power that an ancient being left after naturally dying from old age. The deceased person thought his power to be a curse. Cale got up from his seat, fixed his clothes a bit, and opened the door.

"Aigoo!"

Hans happened to be right outside the door. Seeing the deputy butler, who had run back with his arms full of jerky, Cale started to speak.

"Let's go see the rock tower."

Cale knows that the dragon is staying near them.

The kittens' ears started to twitch. Cale smirked internally at the kittens, who ran toward him like they were never angry to start, and picked the people that would go with him.

"It will just be us and Choi Han. Oh, bring On and Hong with you too."

The human who died at the age of 150 had wanted to finish a rock tower in this Wind-Gathering Cave.

'It was wood last time, now it is wind?'

The center of the cave has a hurricane that seemed to have appeared out of nowhere. The old man had spent over 100 years trying to build a rock tower in the eye of that hurricane. However, he failed.

Well, the old man always destroyed his rock tower whenever it looked like he was going to finish. He repeated that over and over until he died one day after stacking it back up about half way.

Just what wish did that ancient old man have?

Cale didn't really care. He just planned on carefully looking at one thing while they were out looking at rock towers today.

'Might as well make it look good if I'm going to build it anyways.'

Since he had to do it anyways, he was going to make it look good. He also had to pay attention to some people, just in case, at the Rock Tower Ruins.

A bit later, Cale, the two kittens, Choi Han, and Hans arrived at the entrance of the Rock Tower Ruins. They didn't bring their carriage that showed the symbol of the Henituse family, and Cale had a hat on as well, using the excuse that he did not like the sunlight.

'They really are still here.'

He was able to locate the people that he was looking for as soon as they entered into the ruins. Cale stealthily hid behind Choi Han and Hans.

At a bit of a distance was a casually dressed man and woman. The man was in a wheelchair, with the woman pushing the wheelchair and heading out of the entrance of the Ruins, which was also the exit.

They didn't notice Cale's stealthy gaze and casually left the ruins. The man turned his head slightly toward the woman and asked.

"Why did you want to come here today?"

"I don't know if it is a message from the lord or just complete bullshit, but I've had the same dream for a couple of days that I needed to come here. My dream said that our future benefactor will show up if we came to the ruins. Something about how even the lord didn't know how that benefactor will act, other than the fact that they will be coming to the ruins today. he also said that the benefactor is his child"

"There's even a person that the lord cannot predict? And he says he is his child"

"Who knows? Half of the things the lord says is bullshit. Complete bullshit."

The woman with short brown hair vented with annoyance.

"Bullshit? It is the word of the lord. Plus, wasn't it a secret that you can hear messages from the lord?"

The responding man was the eldest son of Marquis Stan's family, Taylor Stan.

"It's not like there are any priests in Puzzle City. And who cares about the word of the lord? Does the lord feed us? How can there be a benefactor for people like us? Absolutely bogus. I'm hungry. Let's go eat."

The woman who looked annoyed was Taylor's close friend, Cage, the woman who will eventually be called the Crazy Priestess. Taylor responded back to Cage with a serious expression.

"Cage, I suddenly feel like drinking beer."

"Really? I'm craving smoked pork."

They looked at each other with serious expressions. Taylor pointed forward with his finger, and seriously responded to Cage.

"What a wonderful combination. Let's go. Push! It'll be my treat!"

"Aigoo, your treat?! This priestess will do her best to escort you there."

The two of them started to laugh as they started to move.

Cale could not hear their conversation because he was far away, but he was doing his best to remember the faces of these two individuals, who were still able to laugh while in the middle of some terrible situations.

'Now that I've confirmed what they look like, I just need to make sure to avoid them. And it seems that the motherfucker told them about me but not the name'

Since they didn't know who he was, Cale just had to make sure he avoided them in the future.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

452 47 5
Cale could have been victorious. But he had let his guard down as the enemy took out a secret card. The God of Death had not welcomed him just yet...
60.9K 4.2K 11
What will happened if instead of possessing Cale Henituse's body, Kim Rok Soo became the trash's twin brother? 'Well, let's just make sure he will no...
245K 12.6K 29
Disclaimer:TCF doesn't belong to me! OG! Cale was sick of Deruth's bull crap, so he planned on running away from his home. The God Of Death (who had...
26.2K 1.6K 26
kim roksu appears in the henituse wine cellar fifteen years before the start of tboah, he then accidentally falls in love with a scary assassin butle...