Do What You Gotta Do - a Desc...

By randomreader000000

Follow the story of Mal's younger brother who also gets taken to Auradon, but will he make the same decisions... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Possible Preview 😏

Chapter 9

594 16 5
By randomreader000000

Deep in the caverns below the Isle of the Lost Hades had been sitting in his chair watching a television he'd propped in one of the divots in the wall. It was showing the royal coronation in Auradon and he'd been watching ever since he'd learned of the five villain kids who'd been chosen to go there and get off this rock. He heard footsteps behind him and pressed a button on the remote in his hand shutting off the TV and he dropped his leg from the back of the chair before he turned to see a fifteen year old boy with green hair in the tunnel entrance. Each time Hades had been granted a glimpse of him Drac had been smiling, parkour-ing around the Isle making mischief; in his element and on his way to becoming a top notch villain. The boy he saw now resembled nothing of that Drac, now his eyebrows were pulled down by distress and loss, his shoulders sagged and his head was angled downward like a great weight was crushing him from above.

"Hi dad." Drac said warily not knowing how his father would react to his uninvited appearance. But Hades could see the pain and fear in his son's eyes. He didn't fault him for it, he had just watched what Maleficent had done to him, how she tried to twist him and bend him to her will like one of her pawns. It made his hatred for the woman grow. How dare she torment their son like he was one of her goblin minions, if he still had his powers his hair would be in flames right now.

"Come here." he said monotone, extending his hand to his boy. Drac walked across the wooden platform and down the steps to where his father's seat was. Hades stood when Drac approached him and the boy immediately fell into his father's chest as his dad's arms went around him hugging him. Drac had only seen his father a few times in his life since Mal told him his identity. Mal resented their father for leaving and pretended like he didn't exist but Drac didn't care, the few times he'd seen Hades the man hadn't turned him away which Drac was grateful for. Right now he needed his father.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled feeling himself fall apart. After all he'd had a long day and the consequences of it were just beginning, "I'm sorry for being weak."

Hades pulled back from the hug and sat down looking Drac in the eye as he rested his hands on his son's shoulders.

"Hey. You are not weak." He said sternly, "You survived fifteen years with your mother and you went to Auradon, a place full of your enemies, people who despise you and you came back and survived that too. You are not weak."

Drac nodded slowly inhaling a sniffle.

"Now what's really bothering you?"

Drac took a deep breath knowing what he was about to say was something all villains would look down on. "I'm alone." He said trying to hold back the emotions that were clearly churning inside him, "Mom's gone, Mal's gone, my crew is gone. Anyone who wants to take over the Isle will be looking for me, to take me out so they can have control. I have a target on my back and no way to defend myself." He admitted afraid for his life.

"That's not true." Hades said, "You have me. And no one on this rock messes with your old man."

"But they don't know you're my father." Drac replied, "Unless, you're going to tell them?"

Hades let out a deep breath, "No, I'm not telling the world that information yet."

Drac felt his heart sink, part of him had been hoping Hades would claim him as his own blood but after fifteen years Drac should know better. And now he only felt like more of a disappointment.

"Do you know why?" his dad went on and Drac shook his head, "Because you're not going to live in my shadow, you're not going to live in your mother's shadow and you're not going to live in your sister's shadow. You're going to stand on your own two feet and be your own man. You're stronger then you realize and you have allies still lurking in the shadows. We just need to weed them out."

"We?"

His dad smirked, "Well it has been some time since I've caused mayhem on the surface. And why not have some bonding time with my son?"

- - LONG LIVE EVIL - -

CJ Hook ran about the Isle crossing the territory line like it was nothing and bolted for Bargain Castle. The second Mal had defeated her own mother CJ's sharp mind had put together what had happened next. And knowing how the Isle worked she knew time was everything. She pushed people out of her way that didn't move fast enough and even on her enemies turf no one had the guts to challenge her shoving.

She arrived at the castle to find Jafar, Evil Queen and Cruella leaving. They looked distressed as they muttered among themselves. Slowing down CJ went from sprinting to spying and crept as close as she could through the piles of trash to get a listen.

" -failure."

"traitorous little scabs."

"Without Maleficent –"

"I do not need her."

" – fine on our own before."

CJ remained silent as the trio passed but understood their conversation perfectly. With Maleficent's defeat came their groups disbanding. That alone was huge. The whole side of the Isle could end up getting divvied up between the three, or Uma would take the opportunity to stake her own claim. Either way Drac was in danger. He was Maleficent's heir, the only heir within striking distance for all the enemies the dragon witch had made.

With her heart hammering in her chest and her mind spinning she had to think up a new plan. At first her instincts had told her to go to Bargain Castle to find Drac and help him. But if the terrible trio were just leaving there was no way he was in there. She didn't know any of his group's other hideouts, he'd never been at liberty to reveal them out of loyalty to his sister. Running a hand through her long blonde ponytail she made herself think. Come on, think!

Dragon Hall. Her mind whispered. Drac had a locker there, maybe she could find a clue about where he'd go.

Hustling she took off again. Thankfully she knew the way to the school well, since her sister attended there. CJ had crashed more then once, chatting with Drac and sneaking off to cause trouble while other kids sat in class.

Given that everyone had been watching the coronation the halls of the school were now empty. Only a few balls of crumpled paper blew in the slight breeze as she opened the door. She headed for Drac's locker. It was easy to spot. Right next to his sisters spray painted one that read 'Long Live Evil!'

CJ rolled her eyes. What a hypocrite. Right now Mal was in a frilly dress declaring her true love for the new king and turning over a new leaf. Yeah, long live evil my behind. CJ scoffed to herself.

She pulled a dagger from the sheath at her hip and used it to break into the locker. Everything inside was just how Drac had left it on his last day of school, assuming he'd be back for classes the next day instead of getting shipped off to Auradon. His notebooks were open, folded over to their current page that was dotted with rhymes – from existing songs and ones he'd invented with her. A small smile played at her mouth at the memories. She pulled the notebook on top out and flipped through it quickly, then did the same to the other two. There wasn't too much useful information in them. Some corners and margins had notes like 'meet gang at hideout after school' or 'remember to trash Uma's place later' 'spray paint Woeful Way' things like that. But none of it pointed her in the right direction.

Caw!

She turned on her heel, tossing the notebook back inside the locker and pointing her dagger at whatever had made the sound that caused her to jump. But a moment later she breathed in relief.

It was only Diaval. The bird was perched on the rail of a nearby staircase and was staring right at her with his beady eyes. Putting her weapon away she walked over to the bird. She scratched his feathers on his head and smiled at him.

"If only you could talk huh buddy?" she asked him, "You could tell me where Drac might be."

At the mention of his master's name the bird flapped it's wings and rose into the air. His talons grabbed her hair and tugged her toward the door.

"Ow!" she shouted trying to shoo him away.

But it didn't work. Diaval evaded her flapping hand and kept grabbing her hair and tugging her along.

"Alright!" she gave up, "I'm coming!"

The persistent creature didn't relent on her hair until they were right in front of Hades' Souvlaki shop.

"Ow." CJ rubbed her head and fixed her ponytail as Diaval disappeared into the hut. Darn bird, she cursed under her breath. Although, he'd been very helpful, she never would have thought to look for Drac here.

Stepping inside the place was dark, only thin candles on the tables and a few here and there on the walls lit up the space. Shady figures swathed in dark cloaks and jackets stuck to the corners sipping and munching on their food, their eyes darting around occasionally to make sure no one was about to storm up and take it. CJ looked around but couldn't see the raven anywhere. She walked over to a high table and sitting at the barstool picked at her fingernails as she looked around. Pain and Panic scurried around the floor with trays and buckets of dirty dishes, mumbling to themselves with wide eyes as they did all they could to keep up the shop just the two of them. CJ wondered where the namesake of the establishment was, but found herself grateful not to be in Hades' presence. There were some people on this Isle you just didn't tangle with.

She heard a flutter and turned to a doorway beside the front counter, the black tattered fabric covering it moved as Diaval flew through and a moment later Drac stumbled in, looking like the bird had been dragging him the same way he'd dragged her. He was dressed differently then the last time she'd seen him. He wasn't wearing his usual purple and black clothing, instead he'd opted for black leather pants and a matching jacket, which covered the green button down she'd seen him in at the coronation broadcast. There was a ratty grey hoodie between the two layers, the hood thrown over his head to hide his hair. Matching fingerless green gloves were on his hands and easy to see as he adjusted his hoodie and jacket after Diaval's tugging. He caught sight of her quickly in her red jacket and with wide eyes headed over to her table.

"CJ." He said amazed, "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing." She said stunned, as far as she knew he had no connections to this place. And hiding among Hades' home was a massive risk.

Drac began to sweat, "I can't tell you."

Her brows pushed up her forehead. She'd never heard those words from him before.

"What?" she shook her head, "Why are you here?"

"I can't tell you that either."

She shook her head and looked away from him offended. A bump to her leg brought a distraction as Pain looked up at her, he opened his mouth about to ask her what she'd like when he noticed who she was talking to.

"Drac?" he asked, "Aren't you supposed to stay. . . " he pointed down at the ground.

CJ heard a 'shush' from behind her and turned back to Drac.

Who was he to order one of Hades' minions around?

"What is going on?" she demanded, keeping her voice down in case of eavesdroppers.

Drac looked around, then tugged her from her seat and into a closet full of dirty dishes covered in cobwebs. The only light streamed in from cracks between the boards of the wall.

"I'm sorry." He pleaded which shocked and confused her more. One, villains never said they were sorry. Two, Drac was the son of Maleficent, she'd never seen him plead or beg anyone. It set off every alarm bell in her head.

His hands were still holding hers as he went on, "I'm sorry I can't tell you why I'm here, or how or what I'm up to."

"Drac I'm your." She paused not sure what her label was but opted for the less stressful one, "I'm your best friend, you never hide anything from me, not without giving a reason."

"I know, I know. It's just. " he ran a hand through his green hair and huffed, "Everything is crazy right now, I don't know who I can trust with what information."

"You can trust me." She said softly, some of the hurt creeping its way into her voice.

Drac looked even more shattered, "I know. . . but. . . not right now."

She scoffed again looking away. She intended to leave, walk out right now but Drac seemed to see that and he grabbed her shoulders keeping her there.

"CJ, please understand. Please." He begged her, "I need you, but, things are so different now, and until they settle and I can put the pieces together I can't be seen. I have to lay low."

"You're the son of Maleficent –"

"And that means nothing right now except a target on my back."

She paused. Uma. Harry. They'd hurt Drac, they'd kill Drac, without hesitating. Harry was always eager for someone to hook. She repressed a shudder. She nodded and Drac looked leagues calmer.

"Uma." She said.

"I know. She'll be tearing apart the Isle looking for me."

CJ smirked, "Well she won't find you here. No one will think to look for you here."

He smiled, "I know. And you can't tell anyone."

"I promise."

"It won't be for too long I think. I do have a plan, it just requires patience."

"That's never been my strong suit." She said almost like she was bragging about it. "But for you I guess I can give it a whirl."

He chuckled, "Thanks CJ."

Then it fell silent.

"I missed you." He admitted, "I'm glad Diaval brought you here."

She smiled, "Me too." She rubbed the back of her head, "Despite the casualties."

He chuckled knowing she meant her hair.

"So when you do make your reappearance. . . "

"You'll be the first to know." He smiled.

- - LONG LIVE EVIL - -

"Apparently the hole Jane shot in the dome let in just enough magic for a few parlor tricks." His dad explained to him as he moved about his lair. Drac sat on his chair clinging to every word. It had been a few days since the coronation and gossip on the Isle was running rampant. Thankfully Pain and Panic were good enough minions to be able to listen and remember the things they heard customers talking about.

"While people like Facilier have only regained enough magic to swindle their customers and Ursula only has enough magic to flip a few dingy's in the harbor. . . I have bigger ideas."

"I'm sure they do too." Drac piped up as his father turned to him.

"So." Hades said, "Why aren't they doing those bigger things?"

Drac thought for a moment. He thought back to everything his mother had ever said about magic. "They're not at full power."

Hades smirked and Drac knew he got it right.

"The tear is small and only an advanced practitioner of magic can channel the wisps that are seeping inside the dome. But it's more then the amount of magic you have – it's how you use it."

"And that's where your bigger ideas come in."

Hades smirked, his eyes full of pride. "You're a chip off the old block kiddo."

Drac smiled his heart rising in his chest at his dad's approving words.

"So. Enough about me." Hades walked over and rested a boot on the arm of his chair, leaning his elbow on his knee. "What do you want to do?"

"Me?" Drac asked surprised.

Hades scoffed and rolled his eyes, "Let me guess. Your mother never asked you that question before?"

Drac shook his head.

Hades muttered something under his breath and Drac could have sworn he heard the words, "Should have taken the kids with me."

Hades shook his head making his hair look like it was on fire, "Anyway. Yes, what do you want to do with the magic first?"

Drac thought that over for a minute, he brought his legs up and crossed them, resting his elbows on his knees and propping his chin in one hand. Then he paused. He looked to that hand. To his palm. He remembered the burnt out glove. That heat he'd felt. Then he looked up to his father.

"I think. . . I almost made a flame in Auradon."

Hades' blue brows rose on his forehead looking shocked and impressed.

"And I actually did while I was fleeing, though, in that moment I wasn't in control at all. It was. . . terrifying." Drac admitted, "Since we were trying to fly under the radar as best we could. And I knew I had no way to control myself if something like that started. Can you. . . teach me that?"

"You're wise for your age." Hades granted, "Control is a very important and necessary skill in magic. It's the only thing that keeps you from unintentionally hurting yourself or your allies." He smiled, "And hell yes I can teach you."

"You used that word on purpose."

Hades chuckled removing his foot from the chair and standing straight. He cracked his knuckles, "Well I am Lord of the Underworld."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.9K 1.3K 31
Mal and her friends were taken prisoners and were forced to tell wearing the Auradon descendants were hiding, but they refuse to say anything. Malefi...
105K 1.6K 28
I am Haden Deimos, Son of Hades. I'm the Prince of the Underworld. I'm a VK. The kid of a villain...obviously. I used to be the most feared kid on th...
1.2K 24 12
Evie has a twin sister she isn't friends with the core 4 but is still there for her sister. She gets to go to auradon with her sister and her friend...
54.2K 726 18
Descendants: Ben made a proclamation and has five villains come to the Auradon. Mal, daughter of Maleficent, Jay, son of Jafar, Evie, daughter of the...