The Human and the Hybrid | Lu...

By SunnyJay9

You were regarded as a weird child in kindergarten. Weren't all the kids strange though? Despite the number o... More

Author's Note & Bio | Season 1 (PLEASE READ)
Chapter 0 | Prologue
Before | 1
Chapter 1 | A Lying Witch and a Warden - Part 1
Chapter 1 | A Lying Witch and a Warden - Part 2
Intro | Season 1
Intro | Season 1 (Custom)
Chapter 2 | Witches Before Wizards - Part 1
Chapter 2 | Witches Before Wizards - Part 2
Chapter 3 | I Was A Teenage Abomination - Part 2
Chapter 4 | The Intruder - Part 1
Chapter 4 | The Intruder - Part 2
Chapter 5 | Coven•tion - Part 1
Chapter 5 | Coven•tion - Part 2
Chapter 6 | Hooty's Moving Hassle - Part 1
Chapter 6 | Hooty's Moving Hassle - Part 2
A/N | 1
Owl Special | We Witch You A Merry Christmas
Chapter 7 | Lost in Language - Part 1
Chapter 7 | Lost in Language - Part 2
A/N | 2
Chapter 8 | Once Upon a Swap - Part 1
Chapter 8 | Once Upon a Swap - Part 2
Owl Pellet | Lady Man with a Chocolate Bar
Chapter 9 | Something Ventured, Someone Framed - Part 1
A/N | 3
Chapter 9 | Something Ventured, Someone Framed - Part 2
Chapter 10 | Escape of the Palisman - Part 1
Chapter 10 | Escape of the Palisman - Part 2
Owl Chronicles | Interdimensional Complexities
Chapter 11 | Sense and Insensitivity - Part 1
Chapter 11 | Sense and Insensitivity - Part 2
Owl Special | New Year's Revolutions
A/N | 4 (+ Q&A)
Chapter 12 | Adventure in the Elements - Part 1
Chapter 12 | Adventure in the Elements - Part 2
Intro | Season 1 (mid-season update)

Chapter 3 | I Was A Teenage Abomination - Part 1

1.7K 34 6
By SunnyJay9

||DISCLAIMER: I do not own The Owl House and its characters! All of that belongs to Dana Terrace, her team, and Disney||

||This story will have He/Him pronouns (and anything related to that, which you can change for yourself), cursing, and movie/TV/videogame references. It will not, however, have NSFW. If you don't agree with any of this, you have the option to leave||

◈A Cute Witch Girl with Slight Emotional Problems

◈S1:E3◈

Published: ~October 23rd, 2022~

(Your left ear is going to really enjoy the song above)

⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝

"Well, you two, did you ever in your life think you'd see something as breathtaking as this?"

In front of you was a creature that resembled an enormous slug. The creature looked to have dried up on the beachside and collected a bunch of trash along with it. It also brought along a certain amount of flies as well.

"...did I miss something?" You replied.

"I don't like this..." Luz cringed heavily.

"Yes, it doesn't get much more inspiring than the trash slug. It makes a home, a life from what others have thrown by the wayside." Eda explained as she pulled out a rubber duck and threw it the other way. "Until, blam! It gets blasted by a wave one day and croaks from all the salt. Then we get to sell the stuff it ate."

"Yeah, you don't have to worry about me trying to break down this...thing..." You gestured towards the trash slug.

Eda shrugs and offers a pickaxe to Luz, only for the short-haired girl to recoil in sheer disgust. "Please don't make me."

"Oh, come on, guys. It's not every day you get to go to the dump and pick apart a garbage carcass." King said sarcastically.

"Ah, nuts to you all." Eda spoke. She then hits the trash slug's mouth with her pickaxe.

"So, Eda..." Luz started.

Eda strikes the trash slug again.

"What if we tried some new lessons for my apprenticeship? Like..." Luz continued.

And again.

"Read ancient scrolls or mix together potions, or-"

"Ugh! That sounds like a bunch of magic school stuff." Eda interrupted.

"Wait, is there a magic school here? Like, winding towers, cute uniforms, dark plots that threaten your life, kind of magic school?" Luz questioned. Eda affirmatively hums in response.

"What's worse, they force you to learn magic the "proper" way. But magic isn't proper. It's wild and unpredictable. And that's why it's so beautiful." Eda ranted with passion. "I didn't finish school, and look at me! Who wouldn't envy where I am right now?"

Eda proudly stood above a pile of trash with flies swirling around her. Luz frowns even more and shakes her head in disapproval.

"In all honesty, I actually pity you." You remarked. Eda looks around and hums in satisfaction with what she had found.

"Hey, here's a lesson. A great witch is resourceful, like this!" Eda grabbed Luz's hand and puts it in a green puddle near the junk pile. Luz feels something and pulls it out of the dreadful water.

"Oh, hey. Greasy slime ball..." Luz murmured.

"Use your greasy slime ball wisely, young witch." Eda told. She then turns around to get more trash. "Back at it! We'll hit the stink nodes first."

"Actually, if it's okay, I think I'll head home and look at pictures of animals that are still alive." Luz said, backing up and walking the other way. "Love you, King. You little beach peach."

Luz tickles the little creature, causing him to giggle and squirm a little. King then lies on his belly and rests his eyes.

"Where's Y/N?" Luz asked.

"Oh, Y/N's one step ahead of you. I think he went back home." King waved off and sighed. Luz walks on the trail back to the Owl House.

"More for me, then!" Eda yelled. She goes back to digging inside the trash slug. "There we go!"

Eda tosses aside a tuba, causing it to fall on King, who yells out in surprise. He briefly becomes dazed from it.

"This is awesome!" Eda shouts in contentment.

"If magic's all about digging for slime balls, maybe I don't have the stomach for it." Luz said to herself as she put the slime ball in her pocket.

"You can do it! You can!"

"Mysterious voice of encouragement..." Luz gasped. She looks through some bushes and sees a person sitting down on a rock. "Little witch girl."

"You can do it! Even if you get a bad grade, it's not a reflection of you as a witch. And my parents are right. There are better opportunities on this track. Now get to school!" The girl assured herself before stepping on a flower. "Oh, no! Oh, little friend! I'm sorry!"

The girl kneels and proceeds to rotate her finger around the flower, forming a green circle above it. Little circular objects come out of the ring, making the flower flourish and go back to its previous state once again. Luz gasps again but stays quiet at the sound of something rolling toward the girl.

"Willow! Wow, you're so unnoticeable I almost rolled into you." A green-haired girl spoke from the top of a canister. She jumps down and stands in front of the former. The flower then quickly withers in the girl's presence.

"Hi, Amity." Willow frowned.

"Shouldn't you get to class early? To prep your..." Amity is interrupted by the sound of Willow's canister falling over and spilling a purple substance. An eyeball slides in front of the two and blinks while groaning. "Oh, Willow. You don't have anything to show, do you?"

"Witch drama!" Luz whispered. Willow puts her hood over her face and blushes with embarrassment.

"This is why people call you "Half-a-Witch Willow." Amity told. Her canister starts to wobble side to side as well. "Oh, looks like someone wants to say something to you. Abomination, rise."

Amity snaps her fingers, causing a large, purple gooey monster to come out and stretch slowly above Amity's shoulder. It then pressed its finger on Willow's forehead, creating a sludgy star.

"You're a star." It spoke.

"Aw, it's like mine but much smaller, and meaningless." Amity gestured toward her gold star. "As top student, it's my duty to tell you to keep at it. Even you could get a passing grade someday. Abomination, cower!"

The abomination sinks back into the canister, letting Amity put the lid on top to close it. "See you in class, superstar!"

Amity walks away with her canister. Luz sticks her tongue out at her behind the bushes. Willow starts to imitate Amity after she left.

"What a bitch!"

Luz turns to her side and sees you watching as well. You glanced at Luz and waved at her. "Hey, how ya doin'?"

"Y/N? When did you get here?" Luz questioned.

"I was just taking a casual stroll and listening to some music. Then I noticed this girl over here kind of venting a little." You answered.

You both look over to Willow, who started to make the ground shake. Suddenly, vines come out around Willow as she randomly controls the vines in anger and resentment. One of the vines grabbed Luz's leg and pulled her to Willow, causing her to scream.

"Luz!" You called out.

Another vine grabs both of your legs and drags you over. Luz is dropped as she looks and sees you hanging down, causing her to try and help you out. Willow glares at you both ferociously with fury and tightened her fists.

"Not a bad haul. That oviduct was loaded." Eda said as she patted a bag of round, orange objects. They appeared to be eggs.

"Ah, lose apprentices, gain garbage eggs!" King mocked. "Fair trade!"

"I didn't lose anything." Eda scoffed.

"If you don't teach Luz and Y/N right, you will." King told before standing up and putting his fists on his hips. "And that's when I come in, and make them my apprentices."

"Ha! And what would you teach? How to get stuck in the arm of a sweater?" Eda teased.

"Hey, that only happened once!" King yelled. "I'd teach them about demons. How to identify them, talk to them, raise an army with them and tear apart the world!"

"After they tear you out of the sweater arm, right?" Eda teased again.

"You think you're so smart! Well, why don't we make a little bet where I can prove that I'd make a better teacher." King suggested.

"Okay. I'm obligated to remind you that I only use our bets to utterly humiliate you." Eda claimed. Eda pulls a book out of her hair that said, "Eda + King One-Sided Wagers". She opens a page and shows it to King. "And that you've never won."

"I like those odds." King replied.

"So how's this? Teach this trash slug to be your loyal soldier in one day. Prove that you can be a better teacher than me, and the kids are all yours." Eda proposed, gesturing to an orange egg that had a tiny slug inside. "But if you don't, I change your name from King to Mr. Wiggles."

"Well, when you lose, you'll have to... wear a shame hat and sleep in a shack and never come back to the Owl House again! HA!" King laughed.

"Deal." Eda said.

She goes to a page where it shows the terms and agreements. Her name was already signed so she held the book out to King, urging him to do the same. King simply presses his paw against the page, making the challenge official. 

Eda throws the egg at King's skull, making it crack open and gush out an ooze that was lighter in color. A mini trash slug slides down King's skull and flips off of his snout. King catches the slug before it could fall to the ground. King watches Eda, who was walking away. Now all they had to do was wait.

Willow continued to lash out until she finally realizes what she had done wrong. She rushes over to you and Luz.

"Oh, no, no, no, no, no! I'm so sorry." Willow apologized.

"I accept your apology, but it would also be wonderful if I could get down." You replied while dangling from the vine that grabbed you.

"Oh, of course!" Willow said as she commanded the vine to drop you gently before scattering off. "Again, I am so sorry."

"It's okay. The thorns only went through a few layers of skin." Luz waved off before backing her head a little from Willow, who was close to her face.

"So circly." Willow whispered. Luz yelped and covered her ears. "You're human! This is astounding! A human on the Boiling Isles. And you! Your ears are pointy and kinda round. Also, you have such gorgeous eyes!"

"Oh, um, thanks. I guess I get most of this stuff from my parents. One eye color is my Mom's, one eye color is my Dad's." You shrugged, rubbing your arm. "I'm kinda also a half-witch..."

"A half-witch!?" Willow shrieked, making you cover your ears from her blaring voice. "How'd you get here? What are you doing here?"

The sound of bells tolls off in the distance. Willow looks the other way and becomes saddened. "I'm sorry. I can't stay. I have to go disappoint my teacher. It was nice to meet you two..."

"Wait! I'm Luz and this is Y/N. And you're Willow, right?" Luz questioned. "What you did with that flower and those plants, it was...wow!"

"Thanks, but I'm not even supposed to be doing plant magic. My parents put me in the abomination track at school." Willow murmured.

"Like, magic school?" Luz exclaimed, getting into Willow's face. Willow slowly nods. "That's so cool! I'm so jealous!"

"Pardon my friend here, we have a teacher, but her lessons are a bit untraditional." You told. "She probably wouldn't even let us enroll."

"I wish I could spend one day there." Luz yearned.

"I wish I could get a passing grade for once." Willow added. "Then people would stop calling me "Half-a-Witch Willow."

Willow kicks some abomination goo out of the way, which gained your attention. You squat down and dip your finger in the goo, rubbing it with your finger. You then came up with an idea. You grab a handful of goo and tossed it on Luz's hoodie, dying it a deep purple and further making the girl confused.

"I think I could get what you both want. Luz becomes Willow's abomination for a day and gets her that passing grade. Thus, Willow allows Luz to enjoy the day at school. All she has to do is act like an abomination the whole time. It's basically chunks of stuff and talks weird. Luz is the same in comparison." You explained, pointing at her with your thumb. Luz playfully punches you in response.

"That's true." Willow giggled. She then holds her hand out. "Okay, it's a deal."

"This is a great plan, Y/N!" Luz complimented as she shook Willow's hand. However, their hands get stuck together.

"Abomination goo." Willow mentioned. Luz puts her foot on Willow's hand and begins pulling. She succeeds, only to splash into more goo.

"Great plan!" Luz said with a thumbs up. "Hold on, what are we going to do about Y/N? They wouldn't recognize you."

"She is right." You rubbed your chin.

"Well, I know someone who can help. He's going to freak out when he sees you." Willow assured and began pulling her cart to the school with you and Luz following.

"Welcome to Hexside School of Magic and Demonics." Willow introduced. "Remember to stay hidden, okay?"

Luz squeals but nods and closes the lid. Inside, you walk through the hallways. You were astonished by the world around you. The building was beautiful to you. It added the perception of fantasy with a sense of realism. However, you were heavily emphasizing the "realism" part because this school is just like the one you went to back home. 

It had the same aspects. There was the same amount of kids living their lives as stereotypes, the same ratio of strict, boring, and cool teachers, and of course, bullies. You had to prepare yourself for any unexpected surprises. Just in case they were around the corner.

You come up to Willow's locker, which she tickles for it to open its mouth, revealing multiple things inside. You frown in disgust. Next, a short, dark-skinned witch bumps into Willow while reading a magazine.

"Willow, you would not believe humans." He shook his head.

"Humans? I haven't seen any. Whaa?" Willow trailed off, feeling nervous by the minute.

"Did you know that humans nail barbed wire to their kids' teeth?" The witch questioned. "But why? Maybe to make them magnetic."

"Actually, it's for storing treats." Luz's voice echoed in the canister. The boy looks up from his magazine and glances at you and Willow with confusion.

"Did I say it's for storing treats? I mean, yeah, you want to savor that sugary...goodness...hehe..." You nervously chuckled.

"Okay, Augustus. I'm gonna tell you something. But you have to be cool." Willow said.

"I can be spool. I-I mean, cool." Augustus corrected himself.

(A/N: Gus is so adorable)

"Okay. Abomination, rise." Willow ordered. Luz comes out of the container.

"Ta-da! I'm an abomination." Luz s.

"Luz, that's not how abominations act." Willow told. Augustus dropped his magazine from being so shocked. He also notices Luz's ears.

"No, no, it couldn't be." Augustus muttered while touching his own ears.

"He's the president of the Human Appreciation Society. Most witches wouldn't be able to recognize a human right away." Willow clarified. "But Augustus is an expert."

"Where are your gills?" Augustus asked.

"My what...?" You questioned.

"We knew an Augustus back in the human world. We called him Gus." Luz shrugged.

"Gus? Nickname? Human nickname? Gus? Call me it. Wow! Gus. This is the best day of my life." Gus murmured.

"Jay's already on the job." You said.

"Who?" Willow asked.

"Nothing." You replied.

"How did I not even mention you? You have pointy ears, yet they're round at the same time. How do you know so much about the human world? Do you study it as well?" Gus questioned.

"I lived there my whole life so...no?" You chuckled while rubbing your neck.

"Really!? Wait a second, that means you're a half-wit-" You quickly covered Gus' mouth in order to avoid getting attention.

"Can you please keep it down? I don't want everyone's attention all of a sudden." You asked. Gus nodded slowly, leaving you to retract your hand from his mouth.

"They must be talking about Half-a-Witch Willow. Oh, wait! There she is!" A girl sneered along with her friend. They walk away laughing. Willow blushes from embarrassment and looks down.

"Who the hell came up with that name? I'm about sick of it. Tell me, who did it? I'll go give them a piece of my mind." You told, cracking your knuckles. 

Before Willow could answer, the bell rang while also screaming, signaling the students to get to their classes.

"Hey, Gus, before you go, could you make Y/N look like a student that goes here? So that he can at least blend in." Willow asked.

"Sure!" Gus agreed as he formed a ring in front of you. The ring caused your clothes to be replaced by a cowl with pink sleeves, all the while masking your original outfit. You gaze at your cowl and nod in approval. "I gotta get to spelling class. See you guys at lunch!"

Gus bids his farewells while walking off. You and Willow wave back but Willow points at Luz.

"Alright, into the darkness you go." Willow told. Luz hissed in response and sunk into the container.

"Aw, who's a good Prince Jr.? Who's a good guy?" King cooed.

"Hey, Mr. Wiggles. You're not gonna teach it anything doing that." Eda claimed as she took a sip of her drink.

"It's called positive reinforcement, Eda. And it works wonders." King replied. The slug munches on the treat hanging off of King's paw and grows in size. "Ha-ha! See? Now watch this."

King grabs another treat and points over to Eda. "Prince Jr.! Attack Eda! Knock over her drink! Mess up her hair!"

"Oh, no. Please stop." Eda sarcastically said.

"Well, I haven't seen your students in forever. For all we know, they aren't even loyal to you anymore."

"Ha-ha-ha, you wish." Eda mocked before slowly realizing. "But yeah. Where are they?"

The scene then changes to the students of Hexside entering Abomination 101. The first abomination to be shown was one that had toes everywhere. A girl stands beside the abomination, anxiously waiting for approval.

"Too many toenails in unexpected places. Fail. Pathetic!" The teacher declared. "The biggest abominations are all of you! If the next abomination is a failure, everyone gets extra homework for a month!"

Everyone in the classroom murmured to each other and quietly complain.

"And the next one to come up is..." The teacher trailed off.

"Excuse me, sir, but I am ready to present my abomination. Rise!" Amity commanded. Her abomination obeyed and does a cute pose.

"I've always saved the best for last, Amity. You'll have to wait your turn." The teacher chuckled. "How about...Willow?"

"Not Half-a-Witch."

"Great. Homework for a month."

Luz opens the lid and glances at Willow. "Don't listen to them, Willow. We can do this."

"She's right. Now go break a leg." You encouraged.

"Why would I want to break my leg?" Willow questioned.

"It's just a figure of speech. Now go!" You whispered while gently shoving Willow forward. Willow walks to the front of the class with her canister.

"Uh...abomination, rise..." Willow murmured.

Luz punches the lid off and jumps out like a Mario character. "Ta-da!"

"Abomination, bow." Willow ordered. Luz complies.

"Very impressive. But does it speak?" The teacher asked.

"Uh, I may be your abomination, but you're my a-mom-ination!" Luz declared as she embraced Willow.

Amity becomes shocked and looks around to see everyone complimenting Willow's "abomination." You simply sighed and facepalmed while shaking your head.

"A-mom-ination! Splendid wordplay. A+!" The teacher praised as he wrote on Luz's forehead. Luz smiles at Willow, earning a smile back. Amity scowls and grunts in dissatisfaction.

The school bell screams again but coughs. Willow rolls her canister out of the classroom with you following.

"Wonderful work today, Willow. Looks like we have a new top student." The teacher noted. 

This gained Amity's attention as she walked out of class, causing her to freeze. The teacher grabs Amity's star and puts it on Willow's cowl.

"Thank you, sir." Willow nodded. 

"However, I've never seen you before in my class. What brings you to Hexside, young man?" The teacher referred to you. You start to sweat a little bit.

"Um, I'm a new student." You replied.

"I wasn't informed by Principal Bump about a new student." The teacher disagreed.

"Well, uh...that's because he wanted it to be a surprise! Bamboozle you...yeah..." You nervously chuckled. The teacher squints his eyes at you in suspicion but eventually stops.

"Very well. I must be on my way. Be sure to bring an abomination next time."

"Understood, sir." You nodded and took a breath of relief. You and Willow try to walk the other way until...

"Hey!" Amity growled. Willow looks and points at the classroom but back at Amity. "Last time I saw you, your abomination was mush. What did you do?"

"I, uh, took your pep talk to heart, Amity." Willow replied.

"I bet you did. And you! How come I never seen you around here?" Amity interrogated.

"I'm a new student." You shrugged. 

"Yeah, right. As if anyone would believe that. I've got my eyes on you two. That badge is mine, Half-a-Witch." Amity claimed. She walks backward, still glaring at Willow. She eventually bumps into someone but continues on.

"I'm so glad she left. I was about this close to swinging at her." You said.

"Good thing she did. I think Amity is onto us..." Willow replied.

Hooty is resting peacefully outside, remaining to be lifeless on the door. Suddenly, Eda slams the door, smashing Hooty's face in the process.

"Have you seen Luz or Y/N?" Eda questioned.

"I heard their tiny mouse feet walking close by. Or that might've been mice. Anyway, someone started moving in that direction." Hooty answered. He tries to gesture to his left.

"Are you trying to point, or..." Eda said.

"Look at the weather vane!" Hooty yelled. Eda backs up to look up at the top of the house. The weather vane is pointing beyond Eda's direction.

"But the only thing that way is the..." Eda gasped and runs off. "No...no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!"

Eda arrives at the backside of Hexside and looks inside a window to see little schoolchildren.

"Okay, everyone. Recite your runes." The teacher told.

"Krom, Zix, Elgrim, Zenomide..."

"No. Blind obedience..." Eda started.

She goes to another window and sees older kids writing on paper.

"Heximal system time!" Another teacher said. "Let's get memorizin'!"

"No! Pointless busywork!" Eda continued.

She goes to the third and final window to see you, Willow, and Luz writing down a paper and paying attention to the teacher. You were also seemingly happy to enjoy the class, considering the grin on your face.

"No! Why? School!"

⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝⨝

||TO BE CONTINUED...||

☪️💫◒◈THE OWL HOUSE◈◓💫☪️

◊⫸Created by Dana Terrace⫷

Fanfiction by SunnyJay9◉

-|Your favorite LGBTQ+ show with a weekly dose of magic, peril, and teenage love (and angst)|-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 354 30
In this Story.. There was a Girl who lost her Parents, Who lives alone on a apartment And Enrolled to another School then she got Real Best Friends...
3.1K 187 24
- Disclaimer - I don't own the characters or the franchise or the cover, I only own my oc Before you read: Have any of you ever wondered what would...
20.4K 691 55
Hello, this is my first fanfic so it probably won't be as good but I hope you like it! Ships included: Lumity Huntlow Raeda Aladarius ...and maybe m...
18.5K 804 33
Luz Noceda works at a wonderful store called Hot Topic with her co-workers, King Clawthorne, Hooty, and Edalyn Clawthorne, her manager. But, being in...