IN BETWEEN - Jay Halstead

By fangirlsince96

In which they are both stuck in between the past and the present. Sam and Jay both served together in the ar... More

IN BETWEEN - Jay Halstead
1 - SAMANTHA JOHNSON
2 - INTERVIEW
3 - FEEL IT ALL
4 - MEET AGAIN
5 - THREAT
6 - BODY OF A SINNER
7 - NIGHTMARE
8 - FOLLOWED
9 - REVENGE
10 - FROG
11 - WILL
12 - DENIAL
13 - SCRABBLE
14 - MOM
15 - MANSOURI
16 - COINCIDENCE
18 - AFTER
THANK YOUS

17 - BEFORE

1.7K 50 1
By fangirlsince96

flashbacks
chapter

"Jay freaking Halstead, get your ass over here." The young woman spoke firmly, her voice resonating through the room. Mouse nudged his friend in the ribs, chuckling at him.

"You're in trouble, dude." He walked away from Jay, laughing at his expense as Jay rolled his eyes with a smile on his face. Mouse joined some other soldiers and Jay waited until they were all out of the building before slowly heading to the other room.

"Sam?" Jay asked, only pushing his head through the open door.

"Come in." Sam whispered, signalling him to hurry up. He frowned but stepped in the room and closed the door behind him. She had a small smile on her face, which confused him even more. He knew he wasn't really in trouble, he never was with her, but she never usually called him by his whole name. She put her hands on his shoulders and pushed him against the door.

His lips pulled into a smirk as his hands gripped her hips. He brought his lips right down to hers, engaging in a deep and passionate kiss.

"You are trouble, Miss Johns." Jay spoke, leaving a kiss on her soft plump lips between each words. She chuckled against him, her hands cupping his cheeks as her lips moved down to his jaw. He hummed, tilting his head lightly in pleasure.

"Do you have a few spare minutes for me, Mr Halstead?" She mumbled against his skin and he nodded, a smirk on his lips. His hands squeezed the back of her thighs, gripping them to help her jump and wrap her legs around his waist. Jay pushed her back against the wall, a gasp leaving her lips as he kissed her neck - taking control.

"We don't have long, baby." She spoke lowly, controlling her voice to keep anymore noises from coming out. He nodded, putting her down to get rid of her pants as well as his before grabbing her again. Jay's hand gently made its way to her core, touching her gently and lovingly. His lips leaving a whole other message against hers.

Once he felt she was ready, he pushed himself inside her slowly to let her adjust. Her head leaned back, lightly hitting against the wall as a moan escaped her lips. She tapped his shoulder to tell him she was okay before he started moving in and out of her. His movements were rushed, yet he worked perfectly against her.

Gentle and loving words were shared between them as he slowly down for a few seconds. Then he told her to hold on before his hips started picking up a whole new rhythm. His fingers worked on her clit to work her up even more while his lips pressed against hers to silence her moans.

After all, they weren't exactly supposed to still be in there at this time.

A few profanities left her lips as she pulled away from his lips. Her words encouraged him to keep up his movements, quickening them shortly as he felt her walls clench and her legs shake lightly. Her hands made their way to his hair, tugging on it. He bent down slightly, just enough so his lips could kiss her breasts, lightly sucking on them.

Shortly after, he rode out her orgasm, himself letting go as their lips feverishly moved together. It was all a little messy and they both had trouble thinking straight before they completely recovered. He pulled out but held her against him for a few seconds, giving her some time to find the strength to stand on her own.

She kissed his cheek, letting him know she was ready to stand. He gently put her down, showing her a lazy smile.

"Let's get you cleaned up, we gotta go work out." He softly spoke, helping her get dressed after pulling up his own pants - both of them making their way to the bathroom for a quick clean up.

They headed to the gym, getting a few looks from the other soldiers but they didn't pay attention. They joined their close friends, getting teased by them the whole time they trained - simply laughing it off.

-

"You know, I thought you would make it to the top." Jay told her as they walked to the dining hall.

"I definitely would've if that asshole stopped shooting at me." She angrily answered, her arms crossed against her chest.

"That's never bothered you before." He argued, his voice calm and soft - Jay's goal wasn't to anger her. He simply wanted her to talk about how she felt.

They had just done the pole test, the one where they had to climb all the way up a pole while "being shot". Sam usually did very well, but not today and Jay knew she wasn't happy with it. She had shut down in front of everyone, not letting anyone tell how she felt - but now that they were alone, she had to talk about it.

"No, but when they're purposely shooting at my ass it's a whole other thing." She told him, his eyebrows raised - he didn't notice them doing that. He was too concentrated on her technique.

"Fuck, I'm sorry Sam." He softly said, wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

"It's fine. They're just horny assholes with no fucking respect." She rested her head on his shoulder as they walked up to their table. Someone stopped them before they could reach it.

"Hey, Sam! Did you know you look hot when doing the pole?" A voice spoke up, making her whole body freeze. How she hated men.

"Yeah, maybe you should take a spin around it sometime, preferably naked." Another added, the whole gang laughing at the stupid words that left their mouths.

Sam turned around quickly to face them. "You wanna say that to my face?" She spoke through gritted teeth, her body menacingly hovering over his seating one.

He stood up, standing much too close to her for her or Jay's liking.

"Your ass looked so fucking sexy." He whispered, only loud enough for Sam and Jay to hear. Jay's fists tightened and he held back from jumping at the guy's throat - he knew Sam could handle herself.

"Are you sure that's what you're going with?" She answered, her posture seemingly calm and her face and voice showing no emotions.

The soldier simply smirked at her, a proud expression on his face. Surprising everyone, Sam's fist hit the guy's face. The impact made his head turn, his hand instantly going to hold his now bleeding nose. Everyone around them gasped, suddenly very interested in the altercation.

"Keep it to yourself next time and have some respect." She barked at him, quickly stepping away from him and started making her way back to her table again.

Though his rough hand grabbed her arm just as she stepped around him, pulling her back. Her chest hit his as he pulled, leaning his bleeding face towards hers.

"You're in a men's world, princess. Get used to it and stop complaining." He smirked at her, his teeth filled with blood. "And stop relying on your Prince Charming over here to keep you safe." He signalled to Jay, who was ready to jump in at any moment - proving his point.

"I can take care of myself just fine. And you assholes can't take that away from me." Sam retorted, shrugging his hand off of her before finally stepping away. Jay followed suit, in reality he wanted to slip the soldier a word - but decided not to. Sam handled it.

They sat at their usual table, some of their friends questioning them about what just happened but Sam stayed silent - so did Jay. They soon dropped it, finishing up their meal.

Sam's mind was running wild, repeating the soldier's words over and over. Men's world. Complete bullshit. If this was a men's world, then why the fuck were they not sending her home instead? Why were they keeping her in their men's army.

She was angry. She came here to defend her country, to fight for her beliefs, to be a good patriot. But every corner she turns, someone reminds her of how cruel and unfair this all is. How bad and ruthless people are. It ate at her.

She never spoke to Jay about it again, though he could tell the light in her eyes slowly faded. It worried him, but he knew better than to bother her about it. Sam would shut down, even more than she was currently doing. It killed him, too, to see her like this. But it was out of his hands - they had to concentrate on their actual combat.

-

"This shouldn't be as calming as it is." Sam chuckled, her head leaning against Jay's chest. They were lying down on the ground, looking up at the stars. It was a quiet night with a clear sky, ideal for stars gazing.

"Why?"

"Because we're literally at war, Jay." She laughed again, leaning to look at him properly. He shook his head, readjusting his grip on her to get more comfortable.

"Alright, enough army talk." He shook his head, kissing her head. "What are your plans after this?"

"What do you mean?" She whispered, she knew what he meant - she was just stalling. Sam wasn't sure she even had plans after all this was over. Coming in, she had this fantasy of saving her country and once she finished her missions, all would be good in the world and she could keep working with smaller communities and help people.

"When we get out, are you going to see your family?" He asked, taking a chance because she rarely spoke of them.

"Yeah, I'll go see my mom. I miss her." She smiled lightly, reminding herself of the smart and strong woman her mom is. "You?"

"Things weren't so good with Will and my dad before I left. I'm not sure if they'll even want to see me." He shrugged lightly, "And what about work?" Jay changed the subject, not wanting to dwell on it further.

"Well, I think I want to do social work for the communities. I'm not sure where, but I want to help those who didn't get so lucky in life." She explained and Jay could tell she was passionate about it. He loved her heart, so so much. "What about you?"

She knew he didn't have a specific diploma or anything waiting for him back home. She was a certified social worker before coming here, so it was easier for her.

"I don't know, I have a friend, Antonio, who could probably find me a job in security or something like that." He shrugged, he had thought about it before - but Jay supposed he would figure it out whenever he'd go back home.

"Oh yeah, I definitely see you as a rich person's sexy bodyguard." She smirked, only half joking. She had no doubt he would be good at it, but he strongly disliked entitled people so maybe he would have a little trouble there.

"And you'll be perfect to help the smaller communities in need of it." Jay spoke, a little more serious. She tilted her head up and smile at him, leaving a small kiss on his jaw.

"You know, I wanted kids when I was younger." The girl laughed, finding humour in her words somehow. Jay frowned, bending down slightly to take a better look at her. He asked where she was going with this, "After all of this, I'm not sure I want to anymore. I've seen too much - I've seen how horrible this world really is. I don't want my kids to live in it."

"I get it, really, I do. Though I think that's the thing, it's an ugly world. But you and I, and millions of other people, we're working hard to fix it and make it better. Why not have kids and teach them the ropes so that they, too, can help make it all better?" Jay answered, challenging her. He didn't really want kids either, but he wasn't taking it off the table.

"I suppose you have a point. Plus, you'd make very cute kids." She joked, obviously trying to change the subject. Jay went with it, joking around with her.

"Jay, promise me we'll find our way back to each other when this is all over? I mean, if we don't leave at the same time and everything." Sam mumbled, as if she was shy to speak her thoughts out loud.

"I promise. Sam, you know how I feel about you and I want you in my life after this. I need your heart in my life. We'll find our way back, along with Mouse." Jay smiled, rubbing the skin on her arm lovingly.

"I need yours too, Jay Halstead. You're too good of a man for me to let you go." She held his hand in her soft ones and her eyes watched as the stars illuminated the sky above them.

"We'll figure it all out, Sam. We'll get through this together, they won't just throw us back out there." Jay reassured her, as he knew leaving the war was a real worry in Sam's mind. The things they saw and heard here weren't like anything in the United States. Their minds were wired to kill here, but it wasn't the same back home - they had to relearn all of it once they left.

Jay and Sam didn't know that they would actually just throw them back out there. Sure, they gave them a few medals and a firm handshake as a reward for risking their lives. But they didn't give them the peace of mind, the calm and the stability they needed to reinsert themselves back into their lives.

Though that night wasn't about all of that - it was about Jay and Sam, their love and their bond. That's what they held onto for the next few months. Right up until Jay was dismissed from his mission - he had served his time here. He was allowed back home while she stayed. Both of their hearts breaking as they waited for each other in different countries.

_______________________
alright so this was three different flashbacks so you could see what their relationship was like along with more of sam's background. i hope you liked it!!! imma go write the last chapter now :-)

VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.7K 1.8K 40
Annabelle Ruzek, the younger sister of Adam Ruzek, starts working for the Famous Intelligence Unit of District 21 of Chicago, Her dream finally comin...
626K 10.6K 35
โ› ๐—›๐—˜ ๐— ๐—”๐——๐—˜ ๐— ๐—˜ ๐—•๐—˜๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—˜๐—ฉ๐—˜ ๐—œ๐—ก ๐—Ÿ๐—ข๐—ฉ๐—˜ ๐—”๐—š๐—”๐—œ๐—ก . . . โœ ๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—›, ๐˜€๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—น๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ป๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ด...
151K 2.4K 32
A series of Chicago P.D. themed one shots from my Tumblr account (+exclusive content for Wattpad only). Stories range from 1,000 to 3,000 (at most) w...
186K 4.1K 56
In which their lives go on. BOOK 1 : UNDERCOVER BOOK 2 : DETECTIVES TITLE USED TO BE : LAST FIRST KISS. Highest rankings: #1- jayhalstead, #1 - halst...