LIGHTS OUT •F1•

By Elle_Jay

where the daughter of Max Verstappen's engineer finds herself falling for the opposition...much to Max's dist... More

•lights out•
•chapter one•
•chapter two•
•chapter three•
•chapter four•
•chapter six•
•chapter seven•
•chapter eight•
•chapter nine•
•chapter ten•
•chapter eleven•
•chapter twelve•
•chapter thirteen•
•chapter fourteen•
•chapter fifteen•
•chapter sixteen•

•chapter five•

1.9K 67 4
By Elle_Jay

"So you're skipping out on dinner with your old man to go to a party with some drivers?" Marty asked, his lip quivering and a pout appearing on the engineers raging face. "That makes me sad." He remarked and looked down at the empty plates on the table.

Indie looked at Darcy, who gulped. Max had messaged Indie inviting herself and Darcy to join him for celebratory drinks with the drivers. However, the girls were mid-way through dinner with Marty when she received the DM.

There was one thing Indie hated most in the world, and that was seeing her dad upset. Darcy felt similar. Marty was one of the mentally strong men both girls had ever met.

"I mean, we don't have to go," Indie muttered and exchanged a guilty look with the blonde, who was necking the rest of her glass of red wine. "In fact, I'm having a great time with you, dad. We can always party with them another night." She nodded.

A smile broke on Marty's face, soon replaced by a loud 'HAH'. "Everyone knows the best part is the first; go, enjoy yourselves," Marty told them.

Both girls let out a sigh of relief.

"I'm glad I have fed you both; I hate it when Darcy drinks on an empty stomach... I don't want a repeat of Easter Sunday." Marty remarked, before telling Indie to notify Max to behave himself.

Marty pointed out that he would be watching him like a hawk. "Max's head will be on a stick if anything happens to either of you."

The funny thing is that Darcy and Indie completely believed Marty. He was fiercely protective of his daughter and Darcy, who had basically become his adopted daughter anyway. The blonde even brought him a father's day card.

Marty shooed the girls away before picking up the cheque. As the girls left, he shot them a message in their group chat. 'Let me know when you're back at the hotel. I'm going to have drinks with Toto and Bono. Stay safe, and enjoy. M xx

Indie liked that even though Marty worked for Red Bull, he still had a great relationship with the team at Mercedes. Toto and Marty, along with James Vowels, had made a formidable and, quite honestly, unbeatable team.

The girls rushed back to their hotel room to change into something a little more 'party' than the casual outfits they wore to dinner with Marty. Of course, they needed to stay respectful as they promised Marty they would not get arrested, and even though the club was very Westernised, both girls had been brought up to be incredibly respectful of other countries laws.

indie_go1 added a new photo to her story
'My bestie is HAWTTTT now let's go party🍸🍹'

tagged: darcme30

By the time the girls had decided what to wear, Indie had chosen perfume, and Darcy had finished uploading photos to her blog; they were officially late. It didn't help that both of them had drunk half a bottle of tequila whilst they were getting ready. However, to paraphrase Queen Clarisse Renaldi, 'Queens are never late; everyone else is simply early.'

"DARCY, INDIE!" Lando called as he spotted them walking out of the elevator and to the lobby. "You took your sweet time." He said, rolling his eyes.

As the girls walked towards him, a tall, slim, dark-haired gentleman appeared behind a marble pillar. Indie grabbed Darcy's forearm as the mystery man took a phone out of the inside pocket of his navy sports jacket. "Who is that?" Darcy whispered, but Indie had walked ahead to get a peak at the man.

"Shut up, Lando; we were halfway through other plans when we got the invite." Darcy spat before pressing a kiss on the now shorter driver. "Now you're the perfect height to rest my drink on she winked.

Darcy had a talent for being able to wear skyscraper heels and pull them off. She didn't do the whole 'Bambi on ice' that most girls did. Indie, on the other hand, was already tall enough, and so whilst she loved a heel, she mainly liked that Darcy and she would be the same height.

The mystery man coughed as the foursome stood in the lobby. Indie gave Lando a nudge as she cocked her eyes towards the tall gentleman.

"What?" Lando asked before Darcy made it obvious and asked who his friend was. "Oh, this is George Russell; he drives with Lewis." He remarked. "You already know this; I don't know why you need me to introduce you to him?" Lando questioned.

George, Darcy and Indie all shook their heads and laughed at the McLaren driver, who still seemed confused. However, George shortly reached out his hand to greet Indie.

"It's nice to finally meet the driver who Lando is so jealous of... I'm Indie." The brunette smirked, causing Lando to try and interject. "And this is Darcy, my partner in crime and your opponent in the BAGLE games." She winked, hoping that Lando had already informed him of the games.

"I think the first game should be the quickest team to down 5 shots in a row because I am PARCHED!" Darcy called and pushed the guys forward to get into the car. Nobody got between the girl and tequila, not even a man who looked at Indie most sweetly.

The drive to the club was short, and Darcy spent the whole journey listening to Lando tell her all the names of the people coming tonight. She wasn't sure that the driver had realised that she had already been drinking, and the likelihood of her remembering anyone's names was short.

On the other hand, Indie was busy taking selfies with George, which no doubt would end up on Instagram later in the evening.

"Max said he'd meet us at the bar?" Indie said as they pulled up outside the club.

Both girls gasped at the luxurious lobby of the club; it was surprising to both that a dry state would have such a vibrant club seen.

On the front of the door stood two burly-looking bouncers, and once IDs were scanned, the small group were escorted through the dimly lit hallway into the swanky club.

"What are you both drinking?" George asked as Darcy and Indie began taking videos of the atmosphere, "Or are we going straight in the with tequila?" He worriedly laughed.

Lando shook his head, hoping he would at least be able to 'warm up' before taking on the girls in the first challenge.

Indie pursed her lips, "What are you having? She inquired, leaning against the bar next to George, who towered above her.

"To be honest, I'm not a big drinker.... clubs aren't usually my thing," George said, shrugging his shoulders.

The brunette laughed, "Yeah, neither....to the club part...." She winked, "I prefer cute, aesthetically pleasing bars and restaurants where I can hear what people say." Indie replied, leaning in so that the Mercedes driver could hear her.

George grinned. Lando hadn't told him much about Indie. Apart from she loved PowerPoint, and her best friend was Darcy. George knew that Lando hated to share, so introducing Indie to him was likely not the McLaren driver's idea. However, given that it appeared Darcy and Lando were getting on like a house on fire, perhaps George might be able to steal more of the brunette's time.

Just as George went to order a bottle of champagne for himself and Indie, a firm hand grabbed down on her shoulder.

"Oh, I see; you're already making friends with the competition." Max winked as Indie turned around. "Hi George, nice race today." He added.

Indie rolled her eyes. She knew from the slur in the Dutchman's voice that he had already been celebrating his win hard.

"C'mon, I want to introduce you to the rest of the guys." Max insisted, pulling at Indie's hand. She tugged it away.

"I'm chatting with George right now?" Indie pointed out. A smirk grew on the Brit's face as he passed a glass of champagne to the girl who had forced her back into him.

Max pouted. He wasn't used to being told no, but Indie was not a fan of giving in. She was all about doing what she wanted when she wanted.

"I can see that, but I have an Australian who is dying to meet your friend." Max winked cocking his head towards Darcy, who was dancing with Landon. Max beckoned her over.

"Congrats on the win, Maxine." Darcy smiled and picked up the bottle of champagne George had purchased. She wrapped her lips around the neck and took a large gulp.

Indie tutted at her friend but soon laughed when the blonde passed it back to George, who mirrored what Darcy had just done.

"Why do you call me Maxine?" Max asked, his face screwed in confusion. "You've done it all weekend?"

Darcy shrugged. "It's what Marty calls you when you complain on the radio, don't worry. He does it for all of the drivers he's worked with."

Indie apologised on behalf of her friend and her dad. However, it was true, and Max was likely too drunk to be able to remember it.

"So, are you coming to meet the boys?" Max asked, and before Indie could reply, he had already taken her hand and led her away from the bar.

The club was busy; bodies were bouncing against the music. Neon lights blare across the crowd.

It was a good job that Max had taken Indie's hand because she hated this atmosphere and would have gotten disorientated.

"You look really nice, by the way." Max smiled as he rubbed a thumb into the girl's palm.

Finally, they entered a slightly more secluded area with tables filled with bottles and plush velvet seating. A few bodies dotted around chatting, along with pretty girls Indie didn't recognise.

"Do I not normally look nice?" Indie questioned as she dropped her hand from his once they were away from the main club.

Max winked at the girl. He wanted to quip back something sarcastic, but something about Indie made Max bite his tongue.

It didn't matter; neither of the two had a chance to say anything before two incredibly handsome men came bounding over. Charles Leclerc and Pierre Gasly

"Who's your girlfriend, Verstappen?" The Frenchman smirked before punching the race winner's shoulder.

Pierre pulled on Indie's shoulder and leaned in. "You could do better; just saying." Indie could smell the whiskey on his breath.

"Where's Darcy?" Indie questioned, scanning the room. "I thought she was behind us with George and Lando?"

Max slowly turned around to look at the main club, and there she saw the blonde dancing on a table. Her phone in one hand and a bottle of champagne in the other.

"I see she's already met Daniel," Max chuckled, pointing to the man climbing up to the table to join the blonde. "Didn't take as long as I thought it would?" He grinned, looking at his watch.

Max wasted no time in taking the brunette around the room and introducing her to the other drivers who had turned up for the celebrations. His hand remained on the small of her back for the entire evening unless he was twirling her around to the music.

"So, are you coming to Saudi?" Max asked as he poured himself and Indie another drink. He was hopeful; Max wanted to see more of Indie outside the garage. "You can fly with me if you like?"

Across the room, George sat talking with Charles. Although his eyes remained glued to Max, specifically how his fingers were running up and down Indie's arm. The Brit knew Indie was getting tired as her eyes looked heavy.

Indie yawned, "I think so, not sure yet, depends if I get a better offer?" She pondered sarcastically. The girl might be tired, but her wit did not sleep.

Max laughed; he should have expected such a response.

Indie looked over to George catching his eye contact.

They exchanged a smile before George mocked a yawn; the brunette nodded. She wanted to return to the hotel now, but she wouldn't leave without Darcy, who had disappeared with Daniel.

"Is George single?" Indie suddenly asked as she once again focused her attention on the Dutchman sitting in front of her.

georgerussell63 added a new photo to his story

'we got lost on the way back to the hotel because Indie wanted falafel'

tagged: indie_go1

••••

tysm for all the love so far on this story!

Darcy will be brought more into it very soon...and we all know what she's like ...chaos pending

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 1.7K 48
Being the youngest Norris sibling wasn't easy. Everyone kept pushing you around and telling you what to do. What happens when someone enters her lif...
133K 4.2K 34
'чσu αrє thαt чєllσw thαt í'm hσpєlєsslч ín lσvє wíth' in which a formula one driver falls for the single mother.
42K 839 26
❝i think i like you best when you're just with me and no one else.❞ formula one fanfic m...
42.1K 998 48
Belle Russell is the sister of racing driver George Russell and when she becomes the first female driver in Formula 1, she didn't expect that she and...