The Quincy Brothers | ON HOLD|

By Just_peachy21

Easton Quincy is attractive, mysterious, scary, thoughtless, and most of all dangerous. These are all of the... More

Character Aesthetics
1~ Another Day, Another Fight
2~ Surprise, Surprise
3~ The Wicked Bitch of the West
4~ Parent-Teacher Meeting Without the Parent
5~ Football Game or Stupid Shit? Same Thing
6~ Need a Lesson in Apologizing
7~ Birthday Traditions and Suprises
8~ Blast From the Past
9~ I Wish That I Was Eighteen...Not
10~ A Little Party Never Killed Anybody
11~ And So It Begins
12~ To Talk. To Punch. To Listen.
13~ That's What Friends Are For
14~ Show Me All the Scars You Hide
15~ Ashtyn Might Have Some Explaining to Do
16~ Trouble in Paradise
17~ Long Flights, Layovers, and Lies
18~ Life's a Beach
19~ Thanksgiving in Hawaii
20~ So Long, Farewell
21~ Hell of a Conversation
22~ The Game Plan
23~ Day of Dumbass

24~ The Most Horrible Time of the Year

70 3 3
By Just_peachy21

"Ugh," Ash sighed in frustration as she looked at the mess of notes and books on her bed.

We were at her house studying for finals, well at least she was studying. I was supposed to be helping her and quizzing her.

I had shoved all my nonexistent feelings aside and continued being her best friend. She was my best friend and I was okay with that. It was never anything more than that and it never will be.

"Take a break, Ash. You'll be okay," I told her as I scrolled through my phone at her desk.

"You've been taking a break this entire time and it's not like you need to study. You are the smartest person I know. You never study and somehow you remember everything," she groaned.

I shrugged. "I guess I'm just that awesome," I teased her.

She sent a glare in my direction.

"Come one, get up," I told her. She sent me a questioning look. "Get up and get your shoes on," I told her again.

She got up and reluctantly did as I said. "Where are we going?" She asked me.

"For a break," I told her. "Mason, we're going out for a little bit, don't worry I'm driving," I told Mason as we passed through the living room. He hates her driving in the snow and I hate riding in someone's car.

He nodded and I led Ash out to my car. She got in the front seat. I pulled out of the driveway and made my way to the cafe. It was arguably the best place to get gingerbread cookies and hot chocolate during Christmas.

I ordered Ash the peppermint mocha hot chocolate, her favorite, a gingerbread cookie before ordering myself a hot chocolate and gingerbread cookie.

Once our food came out, Ally and Tyler walked in the cafe. Ash lit up with excitement. Before they saw us, Tyler put his hand on the small of Ally's back. Ash turned towards me with lightning speed.

"Did you see that?" She excitedly grabbed my arm and shook it.

"What? His hand? That's nothing," I said. It was nothing to be excited about. She's told me several times that she wanted Ally and Tyler to date. I'm with her and I think it's gonna happen at some point, but I'm not going to jump to conclusions based on a hand placement.

She rolled her eyes. "You don't get it, stupid boy," Ash caught Ally's attention and they came over to sit with us.

"Hey man what's up?" Tyler asked and sat down.

"Nothing much, you?"

He shook his head in answer.

The girls were already talking a mile a minute. "Easton dragged me out of my study session because apparently I need a break," Ash told Ally dramatically.

"Apparently? Ash, you were on the edge of a mental breakdown. You needed a break," I said and rested my arm on the booth behind Ash.

"Oh whatever," she brushed me off.

Tyler and Ally sat with us and we talked about Christmas break and the girls listed all the things they wanted to do and they're plans for Christmas. We were there for about an hour or so before we all decided it was time to get back to what we were doing.

"Okay back to the house, East. I really need to study, especially for Government."

"I think you'll be just fine," I threw my hand in its normal spot around her shoulders as I walked her out to the car. I, of course, opened the door for her. She thanked me and I went to my side. I drove us back to her house and stayed for dinner, after Julia forced me to.

After dinner, I retreated to the house. Ethan wasn't there. I assumed he went to Erin's again so I texted him to make sure. The house was quiet and dark. Demi was gone since both of us had left. She's been getting a lot more days off, thanks to us. She deserved them a lot.

I headed up to my room and jumped on my bed. I was exhausted and apparently I didn't realize until I hit my pillow and almost instantly fell asleep. Finals week was more tiring than I thought. Usually I would blow this week off, but Ash wouldn't let me. Mason and Julia are just happy that Ash was 'rubbing off on me.' Their words, not mine.

***

I woke up the next day at four in the morning. I decided just to start my day a bit early. I got out of bed and went on my usual every day run and pushed it a little further. It was to the point where it is snowy and icy and I have to layer up and watch where I step.

When I got back, it wasn't even five thirty yet. I took the stairs two at a time and hopped in the nice warm shower. The steaming water felt amazing on my muscles. I stayed in the shower longer than normal to warm me up.

I got out and changed into my clothes for the day. I wore a black t-shirt covered by a gray hoodie and a flannel. I had on black jeans and a pair of shoes. I put a beanie on my head to keep my ears warm. Once I was done, I headed downstairs to find Demi. She had barely started brewing the coffee for herself and us.

"Good morning, Demi," I said almost cheerfully.

She squealed and jumped, almost spilling the coffee grounds. "Easton Quicy, you scared the daylights out of me," She put a hand on her chest to steady her beating heart.

I smirked at her and kissed her cheak. "Sorry, Demi." She smacked me in the arm. I chuckled at her. "I love you," I said.

"Oh I love you too. Let me get your protien drink started," She said and started pulling out the ingredients, but I stopped her.

"I was gonna grab some breakfast at the cafe. I will take some of that wonderful coffee I smell though," I told her and leaned against the counter as I waited.

"What are you doing up anyway? You normally get up right when I get here, but you're showered and everything."

I shrugged. "Couldn't got back to sleep and I woke up at four so I started a little early. I figured I'd grab breakfast for me and Ash."

"You and Ash?" She questioned with that same knowing look she gave me the other day and same tone.

"Demi, I promise nothing is going on. She is just my best friend. You would be the first to know if anything ever happened, which it won't," I assured her.

"Okay, okay," She let it go. The coffee was done and she gave me one in a to-go cup. I took it from her with a kiss on the cheek and bid her goodbye.

I drank at least half of the coffee to wake me up before I left the driveway. I got to the cafe and walked in. My coffee was already gone. I ordered two egg and cheese english muffins and two hot chocolates. I knew Ash would appreciate this. She normally didn't eat breakfast and I haven't seen her eat that much during finals week.

I took it back to my car and drove to her house to surprise her. Sometimes I picked her up in the mornings, sometimes she took her own car, and sometimes Mason took her with him. I walked in the house like I owned the place. Mason and Julia greeted me with hugs, as always. Ash was still in her room.

I knocked on the door and waited for her approval to go in. I heard her and opened the door.

"Easton, you didn't," She gasped with the biggest smile on her face.

"It's an egg and cheese english muffin and hot chocolate. I know you don't eat in the mornings and you brain needs the food. I woke up too early this morning, so I stopped by the cafe," I said.

"You didn't have to," She said as she took the bad and gave me a hug.

"Well I did anyway. It wasn't a big deal. Hurry up, we got school. You can eat on the way," I told her.

She groaned. "Don't remind me."

We left her house and went to school. There was one more day until finals and Ash was a wreck. I didn't know why because she was gonna pass all of her tests anyway. Until she thinks, she is really smart and has straight A's.

"Ugh, I hate finals week," Tyler groaned as he met us in the hallway.

"Me too, I'm stressed out," Ash said.

"The teachers are all bitches," Tyler complained.

Ash smacked him and the teachers that heard him sent him a glare. I laughed at the whole situation.

"Well I gotta go, peace hoes," he said and walked away.

"Mr. Klein, we do not use that kind of language in school," Mrs. Wyatt chastised him.

I chuckled and as we walked away from the ass chewing he was about to get. Ash smacked me lightly in the chest.

"Do not laugh. He's your best friend," she gave me the look.

"Which makes it ten times funnier and he's not my best friend, you are," I slung my arm around her shoulder in its normal spot.

"We have class," She pushed my arm off and sped away.

That was weird.

I have never seen a girl or anyone more stressed out than Ash on finals week.

"Today's the day," I told Ash as I walked up to her and Tyler before school.

"You're telling me," Tyler said. Ash kind of went quiet. She hadn't been talking to me as much in the past few days and I didn't know why. I blamed the stress but she was just laughing with Tyler.

"I just can't wait until it's over," she admitted.

The warning bell rang and we all walked to our classes. Mrs. Wells' test would probably be the hardest one we take all day.

After that class was over, Ash seemed a little more relaxed. Her emotions were like a rollercoaster. She'd get stressed and relaxed over and over again. Her brain was running on little sleep. She admitted that she didn't sleep most of the night while studying for government.

I didn't have Ash in the last class of the day. I was worried she might not want to talk to me or something.

We met in the hallway at the end of the school day. She ran up and hugged me. "Ah Easton, it's finally over!" She squealed.

"I'm glad to see you're feeling better," I chuckled at her happiness.

"Feeling better? What do you mean?" She tilted her head at me.

"Ash, you were a wreck this week. You hardly spoke to me half the time and the other half you were either mad at me or really happy with me," I said.

She shrugged her shoulders. "Oh well I'm glad it's over. We're all heading to the froyo place as a celebration, wanna come?" She asked.

"Of course," I chuckled. "Ethan and Erin coming too?"

She nodded. "Well duh. Als and Tyler are meeting us, there let's go. Mason is buying." She ran to my car. I think she rode with Mason because of the stress.

We all met up at the froyo place even though it's as cold as Antarctica outside and the ground is covered in snow.

"Hey everyone, how were finals?" Ally asked as she was the last one to show up.

We all groaned at her and started complaining about how she didn't have to take finals.

"Don't worry everyone it's on me," Mason called out and we all cheered. Julia was there too and he had his arms around her waist and held her close.

We were all laughing and having a good time as we ate our frozen yogurt in the warmth of the store. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

243K 2.2K 67
"Why can't we be together?" "Because then i'll have to kill you." - Cassie lived with her big sister Ariene, She never really knew her parents, Cassi...
271K 12.6K 56
Despite years of abuse by a close family member, Maya is starting to learn the meaning of trust and love with the help of her new family. She's made...
4.4K 446 18
Highest rank in teen fiction - #60 His tongue trails down from my jawline towards my neck. His hands beneath my shirt trying to feel each fibre of my...
352K 7.8K 67
"Two damaged souls who fell in love at a school meant for fucked up rich kids." Bryce Weston is an uptight seventeen year old who used to have it al...