Pirate Heart

By tellie1

The youngest of five royals had been kidnapped by Pirates. Evelyn was fragile and small but that did not stop... More

1
2
3
4
5
7

6

20 0 0
By tellie1

Waking up to the sound of calm waves and men shouting and rushing. Evelyn still had Silver's coat on her shoulders which had kept her warm through the night. Examining the injuries the white cloth had stained to a degree but if felt much better than it did. Noticing clothes on the table Evelyn walked closer to see a skirt, shirt and corset. Assuming it was for her Evelyn removed the old dress and slipped on the new outfit. The skirt was a dark blue with white-lase under dress – just above her knees, a white long sleeve – yet comfortably thin - shirt with V shape collar that had strings to tighten it to her shape. The corset was a dark brown leather with black strings at the front, sharpening her feminine form. It reminded her of what the men wore on the ship but was made for a woman's attire. she was also given boots that were slightly too big, but she quickly came up with a solution. Using pieces of the old dress to stuff at the ends, making the shoe smaller, which then sat her perfectly. Hanging Silvers coat on her arm she made her way outside.

The men were hard at work fixing the broken deck and sail yard as she walked out. Henry was the first to see her which made him smile with bright somewhat white teeth. "Lads! The Princess of The Storm is awake!" Everyone turned to look at her and their gloomy faces turned to a brighter expression. Cheering and clapping Evelyn was confused as they called out 'Well done' and 'Thank ye'. Making her way to Hawkins, who stood near the end of the deck, she just needed to know what was happening. "What's going on? And what did Henry call me?" "They are all proud of ye, lass." He announced, Evelyn furrowed her brows frowned. About to answer my second question Henry blurted out all chirpy, "Princess of The Storm! Ye were brave the entire storm through, miss! Ye saved us! If not we'd all be at the bottom of the ocean, taking a trip to Davy Jones Locker." Smiling at him she was flabbergasted; she had no idea she helped that much. "I didn't do much." "No-" A voice called from the back, and everyone moved to the side as it was Nickalos who moved through them. "No, ye played an important role yesterday. Ye became part of us. Thank you, love." Turning a light pink Evelyn was flattered and shock. "And tonight, we celebrate!" Silver announced to everyone, and they cheered just as loudly. "But for now, get back to work!" Silver ordered and everyone obeyed, back fixing Lady Death. In awe of what happened Silver stepped closer until he was right in front of her. "I'm sorry..." Tilting her head at him which made him continue, "You did save us and I..." She could see he was struggling and decided to change the subject. "I believe this is yours." Giving him his leather coat he smirked and took it, "Thank ye, Princess of The Storm."

Evelyn had stayed in the cabin most of the day as her injuries constricted her from doing a lot. She sat on the bed reading a book and had no idea what time it was. But as it got darker, she heard music – a flute, violin, guitar and accordion – it was a beautiful sound. She also heard men laugh, talk and dance as light seeped inside. The door suddenly burst open, and Henry came in with a bottle of red- brownish liquid, unable to contain his excitement. "Ye have to come and celebrate with us, miss!" Laughing at him he noticed the book in her hand. "There's no time for that." Throwing the book to the other side of the room Evelyn shook her head, smiling. "All right I will join you." Taking her hand, he pulled Evelyn to the top deck where everyone drank, sang and celebrated. Shocked to see Hawkins playing the violin, she did not know he could, while three other men played the rest. Greeting him he smiled at Evelyn, glad to see she had a smile on her lips. Following Henry, he led her to an open area where the "dance floor" sat and the crew having a ball. Placing his bottle on a barrel he did not let go of her hand. "Would ye do me the honor of dancing with me, miss?" Still smiling at him she answered him with a slight bow, "I would love to dance with you." Pulling her closer and off they went, dancing along with the music.

Dancing with almost the entire crew they were much better dancers than men she had danced with in the past. Thinking about how much fun she was having she had never experienced such joy when she was a princess. It was strange, that ship was supposed to be a terrible place but there she was, having fun, feeling safe - and free. Taking a seat near Hawkins and the band her feet began to hurt from all the dancing. Lady Death looked livelier that night then it ever had before. Interrupted by Hawkins handing her a metal cup and pouring in some dark brown liquid Evelyn frowned slightly. "Drink up, lass!" Unsure she raised a brow at him. "It's alright!" He reassured her and she took a sip, however, once it was in her mouth it burned her throat. She didn't want to spit it out, so she swallowed. "Thanks, Hawkins!" Coughing slightly, she gave the cup back to him and he released a thunderous laugh, leaving her throat dryer as before. After Evelyn caught her breath from the fire in her throat Henry returned to dance once more and Evelyn was unable to protest. Henry was so drunk he could barely stand up right or look straight, suggesting he should sit down. "Henry, maybe you should-" Not done talking Henry looked at her with a slight smile before falling to the planks, fast asleep. She tried to catch him but was too late, "Oops." She whispered to herself.

"Care to dance?" A voice asked and she turned to see Nicolas holding his left hand behind his back and his right hand to her. "You're not going to kidnap me again, are you?" "Tempting." Smiling at him she took his hand as he led her to the dance floor. Hawkins and the others played calm yet danceable music. Holding her tight against his chest it felt as if they were floating on the clouds well, Evelyn felt that way as her feet barely touched the ground. They danced until they met the helms stairs and Nicolas led her up before stepping way, her body suddenly felt cold. Standing near the railing Evelyn looking over into the water, it was calm, like her heart. "Evelyn?" He began, frightening her as it was the first time hearing her full name on that entire journey. Leaning against the railing with his elbows he did as she did, looking into the dark waters. "By morning we'll reach land." Hearing those words exited her, it was a chance to escape and return home, right? She was happy to finally be free from that ship but another part of her feared for her life with other pirates who she did not know. Taking a deep breath Nicolas wanted to say something but stayed silent, as words failed him. "It will be the end of our journey." Pausing slightly, he stood up and walked closer to her. Still unsure how to word his mind he only let action take control. Placing a loss lock behind her ear Evelyn realised how close he truly was. Cold shivers went through her body as he touched her skin, it was not unpleasant.

A faint smile befell his lips as he gazed into her icy eyes, and Evelyn into his forest ones. His face showed no emotion and Evelyn was unsure what to think at that moment as her mind was riddled with question. His fingers gently went through her hair as he held her closer. It felt as if something kept pushing them to get closer, something telling her to go towards him. The unknown grabbed at her heart and squeezed it as Evelyn pulled him closer and he pushed her against the railing. Holding his arm that held her in place their lips touched. His lips were soft against hers and she grabbed his coat not sure if I was pushing or pulling herself from the kiss. Tenderly kissing her it slowly turned into a tongue twister as Nicolas slipped his tongue into her mouth, his lips tasted of that burning liquid from before. Reluctantly pulling himself away, they both gasped for air, she looked up at him and he looked down at her. They were content and didn't know if they wanted it to end or not. "LAND AHOY!" One of the men yelled from the crow's nest, frightening the two of them. Looking up at the crow's nest Nicolas sighed deeply. He did not want to step away from Evelyn but knew he had to. Removing himself from her he made his way down to the deck, shouting out orders. Looking behind her Evelyn met a beautiful horizon of an island they were sailing to. The sun rising form behind the mountains with seagulls flying high in the blue sky. Ships that were docked bought and/or sold sailcloth, spices, rum and more from all over the globe, it was extraordinary to see but Evelyn's fears slowly came back as she reminded herself why they were there.

On land it bustled with people buying and selling as they walked through the small town that seemed inhabited by roughens, thieves and low lives. Evelyn stayed close beside Hawkins who made sure nobody came near her as Silver put him in charge of her safety while he disappeared in another direction. The moment Evelyn stepped on land her legs felt like gelatin and were very weak. Hawkins informed her it was normal as it was her first time on a ship and hadn't been on land for quite some time, it was something to get used to. She also felt relieved to be back on land, but her guard was up at all times as she was surrounded by many dangers. She was also thankful for her boots as the ground was covered in an assortment of different things, mostly mud.

Arriving at a worn-down building with a board hung from a beam it read, 'Head Above Water'. It was a strange name but again those people were far from normal. Booking a few rooms – for the handful that they were – by the bar counter she was then escorted to her new quarters. Walking up creaky old dark wood planks and passing different variations of doors, with strange noises emitting from some, they made it to a dark oak door. Apon unlocking it the room was small and had a worn-out red rug at the foot of the three-quarter bed, along with a trunk, and off-white sheets draped over it. A beautiful dressing table opposite of the door and a few cupboards surrounding the room with a small window above the bed but not centered. "Should I run ye a bath?" Disturbed out of her thoughts Evelyn turned to a middle-aged woman with a slight torn and dirty dress who walked through the door where Hawkins had stood before. "Um..." Looking around the room she didn't see a bathroom, or a door that led to one. "Where is it?" Walking past me she opened one of the cupboard doors, reveal a secret bathroom with a tub slightly in the middle. It wasn't very hygienic but what did she expect from a small Inn on an island full of mostly disgusting people and pirates. "Oh, if you don't mind?" "I don't. Captain Silver put ye under my watchful eye until he gets back." Frowning slightly at the woman she did not protest and let the woman do her work. Interested that the woman knew Silver Evelyn had to ask, "You know Captain Silver?" Looking up at Evelyn she smiled with small yellow teeth. "Aye, I know him. I also knew his father, very well, if ye know what I mean?" Winking and laughing at Evelyn knowingly she had to compose herself not to pull a face at the comment, only humming lightly.

After the warm water floated in the bath the woman left Evelyn with an off-white towel, soap, cloth and a knot in her stomach. Making sure the front door was secured – as Hawkins disappeared with the key – and that the torn curtains were closed she shut the bathroom door, which did not shut properly. Reassuring herself that she was alone, and that the room door was shut she undressed and removed the white cloth from her legs and hands. The scars were not healed of course and would most likely burn once she touched the water, but it would be cleansed and free from infection. Steam rose from the water like phantoms from a grave which relaxed her. Ones in the shoulder high water Evelyn's figure melted away in the perfect warm water and her mind faded into bliss. Scrubbing the dirt, salt and sweat off of her skin with the soap filled cloth her body felt clean and refreshed. After her body was clean, she dunked her head under the water and stayed there for a few seconds rubbing the grime off her scalp and face. Emerging above the water, enough to breath, Evelyn heard boots on wood just behind the bathroom door. Frozen in place she did not dare to move, afraid the person would hear her. She could hear them move back and forth but she couldn't see as her back faced the door. Slowly reaching for the towel that hanged over a rack on her right she pinched it between her index and -middle finger, pulling the weightless cloth towards her but in that moment, it felt like a ton. Stepping out of the metal tub Evelyn wrapped the towel around her, moving swiftly yet quietly to the corner left of the door. Trying to catch her breath and calm her beating heart she could hear the door open, but it was not the person in the room.

"Captain, the ship and cargo is secured. As soon as we... we'll be ready to leave." It was Hawkins who spoke, and she could her the uncertainty in his voice. "Was Greta here by any chance?" Silver was the one in the room. 'Couldn't Greta have told him I was busy.' "Aye, but it has been a while since she was here, may I ask where the lass is?" Cursing the two as they were ablivion. Nicolas answered with a frown. "Greta won't let her go too far. I will see ye downstairs." Hawkins had not said anything, but she could hear him leave, but was not sure if Silver had. Walking to the rack she glanced through the door to see Silver's back face her. Grabbing her things Evelyn made her way back to the corner and got dressed, wrapping the cloth once more. Peeking through the door cautiously she saw Silver had gone but his coat was left behind. Realising they were sharing a room with not many clean places to sleep and a single bed. Furious she grabbed his coat and made her way down the hall towards the stairs. They did share a room on the ship but somehow it felt different and personally Evelyn wanted one night alone. Downstairs Silver and Hawkins sat by the counter and ordered a few drinks. Stood beside him she placed his coat on the counter and Nicolas glanced at it looking up at her furious expression. Smirking slightly, he spoke with sarcasm. "What?" Holding her anger, she answered demandingly, "I'm not sharing." Waiting for his response he looked back at Hawkins who only shrugged and shook his hands. He didn't want anything to do with it. "Too bad." Facing away from her a young male bar tender placed a few bottles and Nicolas took them, walking to a table behind him. "Why?" Placing the bottles on the table with a few of his men who thanked him. "Ye'll just try and escape. And there are men here who won't think twice." Facing her his eyes were serious and Evelyn understood the weight of the situation but thought she could reason with him.

"I won't try and escape. And you can keep my door locked at all times?" Scoffing lightly, Nicolas grabbed his coat and made his way up the stairs. "No." Huffing at him Evelyn became annoyed with him slightly. Back at the room, he placed his coat back down. "Let me have one night to myself." About to leave she grabbed his arm, turning him to face her. "Please?" Sighing, he looked at the ceiling before looking into her soft eyes, tension in his jaw he brushed his messy dark hair. "Fine! But if I feel this isn't going to work, I'm sleeping here." "Alright, deal." Happy with his answer she stuck her hand to him, ready to seal the deal. Chuckling he reluctantly shook her bandaged hand, pulling her closer. "Ye know, you'd make a fine pirate." Scolding him Evelyn remove his hand from hers. "Don't count on it." Chuckling lowly once more, he left but did not take his coat.

She had spent most of the day inside as Silver did not want to "attract" unwanted attention. Making herself comfortable she removed her corset and boots. She kept herself occupied by ready, almost done with the book she had started a few weeks ago. Slowly darkness covered the island, and downstairs boomed with music, laughter and talking, but "her" room was the furthest, so it did not bother her. She heard how one of the men told the tale of how she fought against the storm, hearing them shout 'Princess of The Storm!' she only shook her head smiling. However, Hawkins - keeper of the key - had checked up on her a few times and had brought her food, but it wasn't as good as his. Finally looking up at the clock, on the right-side wall, she saw the hand reached 10 o'clock. Silver would arrive by that time at the cabin, scanning at his papers before readying for bed. Waiting a few more minutes, she was convinced Silver was not going to show up and placed the book down. Untying the strings of her shirt, enough to be comfortable, the door unlocked and opened. Evelyn grabbed the front of her shirt as she had not tied it. Hearing the door close, she was irritated people had no manners and just walked but was too scared to turn around and knew if it was Hawkins he would have apologised and left. Feeling him step in behind her and she knew then who it was. Holding her elbows gently he placed a kiss on the nape of her neck and her body froze. Followed with a trail of wet kisses that lead up below her ear. Instinctively Evelyn turned her head, giving Nicolas more room. Realisation finally struck her, and she stepped away from him, turning to face him.

Confused by her actions after she had given him access, Evelyn was just as confused and wondered why she did it in the first place. Walking closer she stopped him by raising her hand to him, holding her shirt tightly. She didn't want that, especially not before he handed her over to a man who orchestrated everything. "You're drunk." She told him, to realise what he was doing and to make him stop. Pressing his chest against her hand she could feel his heart pound against his ribs. Nicolas knew what he was doing, his mind was clear, but he could see the uncertainty in her teary eyes. "I'm not drunk, Evelyn." His words did not slur like that of a drunk man, pronouncing her name with a velvet like voice. "We can't..." Tears had escaped and her voice was barely over a whisper. "Can't or shouldn't?" Surprised by his words his face became serious and he gently moved her hand to his lips, pulling her closer he placed a kiss in her palm, causing more tears to fall. "Mustn't..." "Alright. Just tell me to leave... I'll go." Talking into her palm Evelyn took unsteady breaths and thought deeply – she wanted him to leave, but deep down Evelyn wanted him to hold her, to tell her she was safe in her room, in the castle walls. However, she knew that that wasn't going to happen. "Please leave..." Placing another kiss in her palm Nicolas reluctantly released her hand and left the room, locking it once more.

Confused and frustrated, he wanted to disobey but knew it would only push her farther. They did not have the time to kindle a flame as the next day he would never see her again. Falling to the ground, tears cascaded from her icy orbs. She did not understand the feeling she had as he kissed her neck, but knew she was not repelled by it. Her mind was confused, and her chest hurt more than it should have. She wanted him to stay but chose the safer option and was left to ponder over the next day and who had arranged her kidnapping.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

296K 8.9K 52
"Do I know you?" She asked. "I think everyone here does." He said with a chuckle. ~~~ Orphaned and left to raise her younger sister, Evelyn feels l...
83K 2.7K 29
Just because you pretend to be someone else... doesn't make your past disappear. An old friend of mine used to tell me that. For... eight years, I'v...
1.7K 59 20
Christine was but 18 when her life was changed forever. She led a very simple life of only the finest things provided by her father and those that wo...
147K 3.9K 46
Evelyn Archer is like none other, yet no other knows Evelyn - the true Evelyn. Pushed to Port Royal for some unknown reason, she believes that it was...