Welcome to Top Gun

Av brookejrogers

Top Gun imagines and oneshots. Just like we like 'em. ≪◦ ❈ ◦≫ Characters used: - Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw ... Mer

Introduction
Take me to Valhalla - Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw
Bullseye - Pete "Maverick" Mitchell
Don't bet on it - Jake "Hangman" Seresin
Broken world - Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw
Bike and Beach - Pete "Maverick" Mitchell
Under the stars - Tom "Iceman" Kazansky

Princess - Tom "Iceman" Kazansky

929 17 3
Av brookejrogers

Set: bar scene 1986

Word count: 1613

≪◦ ❈ ◦≫

The bar is pretty quiet as I sit at the counter, sipping on my drink. There are some people playing pool, others playing darts. The people here are mostly Top Gun graduates, who have nothing else to do.

I was called to Top Gun for ferry flying. Some of the f-18s have to be taken to a nearby base. But I decided to come to the Hard Deck for a few drinks before heading to the base tomorrow morning.

You can still hear a couple of jets flying by, heading back to base. I smile, remembering what it was like to fly with my wingman, Willy.

They called him that because he spoke with an english accent. And almost all call signs have a perverted background.

I smile to myself and don't realize four men entering the bar, wearing beige uniforms. The barman nods towards them when I look at him.

I look back and see them laughing and talking to a couple of others around them. There is one of them, blonde, who looks like he's the boss around the others.

He takes his sunglasses off and I immediately recognize Iceman. Lieutenant Kazansky. The man, the legend.

I smile to myself and right in that moment, he looks over and sees me. Iceman whistles loudly, making the other men look over.

He steps towards me, not seeing the Top Gung badge on my chest and leans onto the counter, smirking.

"What do we have here?" he says cockily, chewing on some gum, "Are you all alone tonight, princess?"

I smile, letting him play his game: "Can't a girl have a drink?"

The guys next to him chuckle.

"You a pilot in training?" Iceman asks, nodding toward my badge.

I turn over to let him see all my badges: "Top Gun graduate actually, Iceman." I smirk and the boys around him pat his shoulder.

"What's your call sign?" he asks, changing the topic to stay dominant.

I sigh, getting up from my seat and taking my drink with me as I walk towards a dartboard. The boys watch as I grab a dart and hit the bullseye while looking at them.

"Let's play a game. Each time you hit bullseye, you get to ask me a question," I throw another one, this time missing on purpose, "If you fail to do so, you take a shot."

I look Iceman in the eyes. He smirks at me and starts walking towards me: "That's a little unfair, don't you think? Four against one?"

I grab a few darts and hand them to Iceman: "I'm willing to take the risk."

"Bartender! Can we get a few shots each?" I ask the guy, who gives me a thumbs up.

"And make 'em strong!" Iceman shouts after him. He looks back down at me and smirks.

His eyes wander to my dog tags, trying to see what my call sign is.

"A cheater takes two shots." I say quietly, tucking the chain away.

"All right, princess," Iceman shoots a dart and hits the bullseye, "what's your call sign?"

Some of the boys snicker and I smile: "Barracuda."

Grabbing another dart and hitting bullseye, I look at the other boys.

"What are your call signs?" I ask, taking a sip of my drink.

"Slider."

"Cougar."

"Merlin."

Each of them gives me a look while answering, making me smile.

"I'm guessing Slider is your wingman?" I look at Iceman, who was looking at me the whole time.

He nods, but his eyes don't leave me.

"Slider. Shoot." I throw him a dart and he shoots, but misses. By one inch.

"Shit." he says, grabbing a shot and drinking it.

"Whooo!" the two boys next to him shout, grabbing a shot for them too.

They realized this game was for me and Iceman, and that they didn't want to interfere with him.

His gaze doesn't move from me, jumping to lips every now and then.

"You okay there, Ice?" I whisper, getting closer to him.

He clears his throat and nods, grabbing a dart and hitting the bullseye.

"What are you doing back here on North Island?" he asks.

"Ferry flying." I answer, taking another sip of my drink.

He gives me a calm smile, but I feel him leaning closer to me.

"Ice." I say, getting his attention.

"Yeah?"

"Not here." I whisper and he nods, standing up straight.

Let's just say there might have been a night last July, and, well...

We continue playing, ultimately having to take a couple of shots.

The guys are now sitting on a couple of chairs around the dart board.

I walk back, realizing there aren't any chairs left, so I walk over to Ice and take a seat on his lap.

He smirks proudly.

"Wait, you guys fly with Maverick and Goose, right?" I ask. Iceman tenses up. But I put an arm around his shoulders to let him know I'm not interested in Mav.

"Yeah, they should be getting here soon, actually," Merlin says.

"How d'you know them?" Cougar asks.

"Oh, we flew a couple of missions together. I was already a close friend of Goose's wife when I met the boys."

Iceman relaxes again, taking a sip of his beer. The boys start talking about missions they flew, comparing each other. I finish my drink and get up from Ice's lap.

"You boys want another drink?" I ask, looking around

"I'm good, thanks, I gotta drive." Merlin says.

The others nod, accepting the offer.

I smile and head back to the bar.

"Hey, Ed." I greet the barman.

"Hey, Natalie. What can I get ya?"

"I'll have four more for the boys and me." I smile and Ed nods, grabbing tall glasses this time.

"So how's it going with Iceman?" he asks, trying to speak quiet enough for the people around us not to hear, but loud enough so that I can.

I chuckle and look back at the boys, realizing that Ice is smiling at me.

"Better than I thought it would, to be honest." I say.

Ed nods. He knows about that one night in July. I mean, we were here. In this bar. He was the one who sent us home, actually.

Told us to quit drooling and just do it already. We didn't really talk, the two of us. That's why he didn't even know my call sign.

Ed comes over with the four glasses and sets them down in front of me.

He lowers his voice to talk to me: "I think you should go talk to him outside. Or at least just go to the front porch. He'll follow you, I'm sure."

I smile at Ed.

"Thanks, Ed. I'll see ya tomorrow." I smile, grab the glasses and walk back towards the table.

"Woah, take it easy, Barracuda, you don't have to rob the whole bar!" Slider laughs drunkily and I chuckle, setting the beers down.

Each of them grab a glass and start drinking. Ice sits up again for me to take a seat and I kindly decline, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Thanks, but I need some fresh air." I smile and walk away through the crowd and out the door to the porch.

I breathe in deeply, inhaling the fresh summer night air, and the scent of gas from the jet engines passing by. Leaning onto the wooden handrail, I look out into the night, to the ocean, seeing the waves crash into themselves.

How after a long journey accross the ocean, after seeing the most beautiful things, they land here, on north island, crashing into this exact beach.

I smile to myself, being happy that I'm back here. This place is home. It's where I belong.

The wind is getting pretty chilly so I cross my arms, trying to keep my bodywarmth.

"Natalie." I hear a voice and turn around. He's standing there, hands in his pockets, looking as good as ever.

I smile and step towards him. My feet practically carry themselves to Ice, stopping only when I mere inches away from him.

"Why is it that when I'm gone, nothing happens, and I'm just living," I put a hand on his cheek, "but every time I see you, I can't help but need to feel your touch again?"

My words turn into a whisper at the end, and I let my fingers wander to the back of his neck, stroking his hair.

My other hand wanders up as well and I hold him close to me. His eyes are staring deep into mine, and I feel his hands go around my waist, pulling me closer.

"I've missed you too." he whispers, pressing his forehead against mine.

I close my eyes, living the moment, happy that I said what I did.

Ice pulls back and look back into my eyes, his glancing down to my lips every now and then.

"Natalie, I-"

"Just kiss me, Ice." I whisper and he obeys, leaning down to kiss me.

His grip around me tightens as his soft lips embrace mine in a caring, needy yet happy manner.

Ice sighs, as if relieved that this happened. After many long kisses, he doesn't directly pull away but coats my lips with small pecks before ultimately pulling away.

He looks down at me and smiles.

"Well, princess, can I make you mine?" he says with his signature grin on the face.

I smile back: "I'm already yours."

≪◦ ❈ ◦≫

heyyy friendssss

this one is so cute, i love it.

hope you're all doing well!

don't forget to vote!

x

Brooke

P.S. Any requests?

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

1.7M 57.8K 71
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
715K 16K 44
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
355K 5.9K 78
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
795K 48.5K 113
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...