The Sand Hero

By Flames666

In this society where barely any water drops, heroes are highlighted as the corner stone of the world. Izuku... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 3

239 8 3
By Flames666

Warning: Minor blood

Most of Izuku's experience in U.A. was ordinary school life with the normal subjects, math, how to survive in the desert, history. Barely anything about being a superhero for the past week. He did make some friends, like Uraraka and Tokoyami. 

Finally, after a week of normal classes, All Might bursts through the room.

"HAHA! I'M HERE!" All Might shouted while zooming to the pedestal. 

Everyone was shocked. They were all thinking, why was the number one hero here of all places? Shouldn't he be in different parts of the country helping those in need? Actually...

"This is awesome!"

"We have All Might teaching us?! That's manly as hell!"

"I can't believe we have All Might here"

Maybe everyone wasn't thinking those things.

"I'm here to help you be heroes by training you all. So what we're going to do today is TRIAL BATTLE!! But before that" All Might clicked a button and behind everyone was their hero uniforms, "you need to dress the part to play the part!"

So everyone grabbed their hero uniforms that they specifically asked and designed. They all went to the changing room and came out in style. Some were re-adjusting their suits while others tested their quirks to see if the suits worked with their quirk.

"You guys already look like pro heroes" All Might glared at one student in particular, but only for a split second, it was at Izuku.

Izuku caught this glare, he wondered why All Might would glare at him of all people. What about the one that could make explosions? 

Izuku wore a fur coat and had a full black suit with leather boots, which you'd think would be terrible in hot climates, but Izuku didn't seem to mind.

Izuku looked at Bakugo and noticed the two giant gauntlets that looked like grenades and questioned All Might even further.

"You're probably wondering what kind of battle trial this will be hm? Well, it will be an indoors battle with one side being the villains and the other obviously heroes."

"All Might sir, why indoors?" Iida asked.

"Excellent question! Everyone sees the outside battles, so of course you'll know more on how to handle outside fights, but indoors, we barely get any press to come in and check how we do it inside, so what better way to show you how to do it, than to think like the heroes and villains in this situation." All Might explained.

"How do we determine who wins and loses?" Yaoyorozu asked.

"Is it ok if we just blow 'em up?" Bakugo asked.

"If we're separating into groups, what would be the best way to split us?" Iida asked.

"All good questions, so let me just explain what the rules are. The villains are hiding a bomb and the heroes have to find the bomb. If the heroes capture the villains or reach the bomb before time's up, the heroes win. If the villains manage to keep the bomb away from the heroes or captures the heroes, the villains win" All Might read off a manual. "To determine how we separate the teams, we'll do a LOTTERY!" All Might then pulled out two boxes, one saying villains and the other heroes.

"Makes sense really. Heroes teaming up always seems to be a lottery itself" Izuku said out loud.

So then, the teams were made. Izuku teamed up with Tokoyami and were put on the villain's team. They were up against Bakugo and Yaororozu. 

"The heroes will be allowed to hunt the villains after five minutes. Within that time, the villains will have to hide the bomb wherever they like" All Might then sounded a horn.

"So what is our plan?" Tokoyami asked.

"We let them come to us and beat 'em" Izuku replied.

Tokoyami was a bit dumbfounded, "Would that not put us at a bigger risk of losing?"

"If we split up, our force is weakened, if we don't, then we're stronger. Plus, I never said that we'd stick with the bomb" Izuku stated.

"Are you insane? What if they slip by us? They will win easily"

"We're facing a team with conflicting ideals. One will want to fight us, the other will want to slip by. Knowing Yaoyorozu, She's gonna try and give us the slip and run to the bomb."

Meanwhile, outside with the hero team, "That's why we're going to split up" Yaoyorozu stated.

"I couldn't care what they're thinking, I'm gonna blow 'em up 'till they're dead" Bakugo retorted.

She couldn't believe someone like this wanted to become a hero of all occupations. After another minute the round started. The two heroes charged the front door and started to search for the villains. After going up one story they found the villains, but the bomb wasn't there.

"I see you've come to lose" Bakugo smiled.

Neither of the villains responded.

"The silent treatment, huh? I'm fine with that," Bakugo then flew towards the villains "DIE!!" 

Tokoyami dodged out of the way while Izuku stood still. Bakugo blew Izuku up, but weirdly enough, Bakugo's hand went straight through Izuku and blew the other side of him. Bakugo was shocked, while Izuku smiled and charged up a right hook. Izuku slammed his fist against Bakugo's face, making Bakugo fly a little bit away from Izuku. A bit of blood came from Bakugo's nose. Bakugo wiped it off.

"That all ya got?!" Bakugo shouted and propelled himself towards Izuku. 

Izuku turned his left hand into sand and sent it flying to grab Bakugo's shirt to keep him from going to Izuku.

Yaoyorozu saw this as an opportunity to split and sneak past, unfortunately for her, Tokoyami was there to stop her with his dark shadow.

"Oh no ya ain't" Dark shadow, Tokoyami's quirked personality, said.

Dark shadow tried to hit Yaoyorozu but she managed to dodge the attack. She then made a sword and shield. Dark shadow laughed and slammed multiple punches into Yaoyorozu's shield, keeping her occupied from doing anything else.

Izuku flew towards Bakugo to punch him, but when Izuku got in range, Bakugo blew Izuku up. Barely anything happened to Izuku, although, some parts he turned his body to sand that was hit with the explosion was turned to glass. When Izuku turned the parts of his sand body back, the shards of glass stuck out of his body, forcing some droplets of blood out. Izuku winced at the pain for a split second, but Bakugo already had a plan after seeing this. Bakugo tried to blow Izuku up some more. Izuku's response was in this attack was to stay in his sand form, after all, Izuku didn't want a frontal assault of explosions to hit him. Izuku tried launching attacks of his own. 

"Desert Spada!" Izuku shouted. 

A Line of sharp sand was launched at Bakugo. Of course, if this hit normally, it could kill Bakugo, so Izuku had to tone down the ferocity of this attack. But Bakugo dodged easily, as his quirk had easy mobility. Bakugo counter attacked with another explosion aiming at the face. Izuku instinctively knew, he had to dodge this one he he might seriously get hurt, even with his quirk, as having glass shards in his eye or anywhere else in the face, didn't sound fun

Izuku detached his head and moved it at incredible speed, there was a stream of floating sand from his body to his head. Everyone was surprised, even Dark shadow stopped attacking for a moment, giving Yaoyorozu enough time to get out of a corner and make something.

Yaoyorozu made several Flashbangs with a timer set to them, off went one and blinded nearly everyone, obviously Yaoyorozu didn't stun herself and got away from the group who were fighting.

Izuku again could sense something, very faintly, the faint outline of Yaoyorozu, he could tell she was getting past him and Tokoyami and ran towards the bomb. He would throw a 'desert spada' at her, but he also sensed Tokoyami's presence near her, he couldn't quite tell where everything was, but he tried to focus on Yaoyorozu. He got a faint picture of her, but then he couldn't sense anyone. He opened his eyes to try and see, but it was still too hard.

"Toko duck!" Izuku shouted.

"Well, he's more of an eagle than a du-" Dark Shadow joked, but as he was about to finish, a slash of sand struck at him.

Thankfully Tokoyami ducked so that Izuku's attack could land where he wanted it to. Yaoyorozu was struck in the back by Izuku's attack, thankfully she wasn't mortally wounded but she was hurt. Then another Flashbang came, everyone was blinded.

"YOU FUCKING BITCH! BLINDING YOUR TEAMMATE!" Bakugo screamed.

His teammate didn't respond, but Izuku heard footsteps getting further away, he thought it was Tokoyami trying to get to Yaoyorozu so he just left it be and focused on Bakugo. For another moment, they were briefly able to see and Bakugo didn't let this chance slip as he shot another couple of explosions at Izuku, making Izuku have to dodge rather than let his quirk negate the damage. So Izuku dodged, not having a face full of explosions, then another Flashbang went off. Seriously, how many of them did she make?

They were both blinded for a moment, but Bakugo threw out a punch, hoping to connect with Izuku. Obviously it didn't connect, but that didn't stop Bakugo from a relentless attack. He pulled both his arms back and put the base of his palms together with his hands separated. 

"YOU'RE DEAD!!!" Bakugo screamed.

Izuku knew what would happen if a blast were to suddenly hit him, after all, heat and sand wouldn't bode well for someone made of literal sand. Izuku also never tested what would happen if some of his sand parts were to become glass, or something other than sand. The two were still blind from the earlier flashbang and there was approximately half a second before it could hit Izuku. Izuku knew he had to rely on whatever that helped his vision, so Izuku focused as hard as he could, but someone bumped him out the way before he could do anything.

"Jeez man, what're you doin'?" It was dark shadow.

"Sorry, I'll try to explain it later." Izuku replied.

Before Dark shadow could say anything, it was flying towards Tokoyami like a whip. Finally, the two weren't blind and Bakugo's blast missed Izuku. Finally, with no more flashbangs, these two could have a proper fight, Izuku was feeling excited for some reason.

"Time to die!" Bakugo lunged at Izuku, but after knowing what happens with physical contact, Bakugo made an explosion to hit Izuku.

Izuku raised his arm to block the hit instinctively. Even with Izuku's sand quirk making him negate any damage taken, the blast was hot enough to turn some parts to glass. Izuku panicked and wondered what would happen to him, but he felt nothing off, it was only a few specks of sand anyway so it made sense why it didn't affect him. 

Izuku then tried to absorb the moisture in Bakugo's right arm, but before he could, Bakugo twisted away and blast Izuku with his left arm. Izuku felt somewhat annoyed at this, which didn't feel in character with him. Izuku tried to get the moisture of Bakugo, but Bakugo instinctively felt that being grabbed wasn't a good thing right now. Despite dodging and blasting not being Bakugo's style of combat, he was doing fairly well, only getting close to being grabbed once.

Izuku tried grabbing Bakugo again.

"QUIT TRYING TO GRAB ME DUMBASS!!" 

Izuku didn't respond, he only used his other hand, "La Sparda!" A blade of sand was coming to Bakugo's body.

Bakugo dodged just a moment before it could make contact. Izuku smiled, and before Bakugo knew it, a hand was touching his arm. Bakugo's left arm started to shrivel up.

"FUUUUUUCK!!" Bakugo screamed in pain. "I'LL GET YOU BACK FOR THAT!" Bakugo raised his right arm and reached for the pin on his grenade gauntlet with his left and pulled it.

Before Izuku knew it, a massive concentrated blast approached, despite knowing he could die to this, Izuku froze up for a split second. He regained his composure and dodged the blast, but a part of Izuku didn't quite escape it. His left hand was torn off the explosion.

"FUUUUUUUCK!!!" Izuku shouted in pain.

All Might and the other students swore they could hear Izuku scream all the way to the U.A. building,not because the speakers, but because the shout of pain was that bad.

Izuku's hand was bleeding like crazy and raised it with his other hand. Blood started to flow down his arm. Izuku tried to make his arm that was covered in blood into sand, but his body wouldn't follow that command this time. 

Bakugo grinned, "An arm for an arm."

Izuku glared at Bakugo and rushed up to Bakugo just to headbutt him. Bakugo fell onto the floor with a broken nose. With the little amount of sand that still followed Izuku's command,  it restrained Bakugo to the floor, Izuku then tried to give a one handed beating to Bakugo. After a couple of punches...

"Time's up!!" All Might shouted into the mic, "please stop any fighting at once.

Izuku threw one more punch to Bakugo's face. Izuku knew he shouldn't have done that, but he felt like he needed to prove a point.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.9K 2.9K 24
Noah always believed her and Lando were forever, but when he ended things with her to further his racing career it left her heartbroken and alone. I...
193K 4K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
439K 10.9K 60
๐‹๐š๐๐ฒ ๐…๐ฅ๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐‡๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐๐จ๐ง, ๐๐š๐ฎ๐ ๐ก๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ-๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ๐ง ๐š๐ง๐, ๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐ข๐ฆ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐š๐ง๐ญ๐ฅ๐ฒ, ๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ-๐ซ...
217K 10.2K 31
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...