ShadowCat And The X-Men(Book...

Av Evane15

Humans always had the need to interact with each other and make relationships. But truth is, relationships a... Mer

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 4

39 4 0
Av Evane15

We all gathered together at the school's announcement room, to celebrate the girls' soccer team's win on the final game last week. The whole school has come to see Edward Kelly give the trophies to the winners.

"Yes, our girls had a winning soccer season, they thought like a team, they played like a team and they respected each other as teammates and the least those teammates could do was to vote for their choice of the most valuable player award... Jean Grey!!" Mr. Kelly said and we all begun cheering .

Well, that was expected!!

I thought as I clapped for Jean, who was so happy and emotional.

The whole school was clapping, cheering even screaming for Jean. Well except of one little exception. Rogue. She sat next to me on the left and next to her sat Risty.

Risty Wilde, the new girl. She has purple hair and green eyes, piercings on her lips, ears and nose. She has a dark style like Rogue's and they seemed to hit it off from first sight.

She seems okay to me.

"Go Jean!" Scott screamed as Jean got on the stage to receive the trophy.
Evan begun whistling loudly next to me, causing me to cover my right ear.

"Way to go Darling! Go Jean! Yeah!" I heard Risty clap and Rogue rolled her eyes at her.

This isn't the first time this has happened. In every game or gathering we made for Jean, Rogue always had that attitude.

"Is this this how you support your housemate?" Risty asked Rogue and I turned the other way immediately, but my ears stayed on the conversation.

"Perfect Jean already has too many people clapping for her," Rogue said and crossed her arms to her chest.

Jean was meanwhile being handed the golden trophy, a girl playing soccer, how original.

"Thank you so much Mr. Kelly and I wanted to thank all of you-" Jean begun her speech but cut herself off and looked Rogue straight in the eyes.
Rogue quickly noticed and gasped looking back at her.

"I... I am sorry... I-" Jean tried to continue, sweat running down her temple.

This wasn't like her at all, she never gets anxious with crowds.

"I want to, I- " she said, but stopped again and looked at Scott.

Come on girl you can do this.

I thought and she looked at me now. I gave her a reassuring nod, trying to show her that I am here. She was looking with wide eyes.

She looked at Evan and right after looked at Kurt, who also gave her a concerned look.

"I ... I" she tried to form words but she obviously couldn't .

She seemed paralyzed by fear.

She was scared I could see it,hell I could feel it.

Something I haven't seen from her before.

I felt tension rise as she kept looking from person to person until she closed her eyes tightly.

"Stop it!! I can't even hear myself think!" She screamed and let go of the trophy as she clenched her head painfully.

The trophy crashed to the floor and the head of the girl broke off.

She leaned back on the table behind her where the other trophies were placed. The table crushed to the floor along with all the trophies with a loud bang.

Me, Scott and Kurt stood up ready to run up to her.

I can't even hear myself think.
That's what she said.

Could this have to do with her telepathy?

Jean seemed to recover quickly and realize her actions.

She picked up the broken pieces of the trophy, stood up and looked at the crowed.

"Sorry, I lost my head there for a sec," she said and the crowed burst out laughing.

I gave a look at Kurt and he shrugged not knowing what's going on either.
I slowly sat back down and Kurt pulled Scott down who was still pretty worried.

"As I was saying I would like to thank all my teammates, our coach and everyone who showed up and supported us," she said and the crowed clapped as we all begun exit the room.

Everyone except from Jean, Scott, Kurt and me.

Scott begun walking to Jean.

"You think we should go talk to her?" Kurt asked looking over at Jean.

"No, not yet at least, for the time being let Scott handle it," I said and he gave an understanding look.

"You think we should worry?" Kurt asked again with concern written all over his face.

"Yes, we keep an eye on her, okay?" I said and he nodded .

We walked out leaving the two alone.

-Time Skip-

Evan and I have been hanging out together until next class.

"I just think is unfair you know," he said complaining again about sports.

"Face it Evan skateboard won't ever be a school sport," I said to him for the eleventh time this week.

"We are living behind the times man!" Evan said and I shook my head laughing smiling sweetly at his whining.
We waved goodbye as Evan reached his class.

"Hey Kitty!" I heard a very familiar voice call me and I turned around to meet

Lance Andrew Alvers.

"Hi Lance," I greeted smiling.

Our relationship has improved a lot the last week. It's like he is an entirely different person. We agreed to start over and we are starting over. Leaving bad memories behind us, aiming to make new, better ones. Walking with Lance to the classes we shared had become a habit. I never realized that there was more to him than just his temper and arrogant personality.

He is actually interesting.

I learned so much about him this week than I did my whole life.
He likes music. Rock specifically. He plays the guitar, he brags about being very good at it, but I haven't heard him play yet.

Who knows? He might be as good as he describes.

He likes ketchup a lot , he has ketchup with almost everything.

Anyways, he is pretty fun to have around and he seems happy to have me around as well.

"Let me walk you to chemistry," he said as we began walking to our class.

-Time Skip-

Lance and I reached chemistry class and sat together on a white desk at the back.

This was a silent agreement we made with each other.

Whenever we had classes without any X-Men or brotherhood around we would sit together. Can't believe that Mystique placing us together last year actually is very convenient now, since the new principal didn't do any changes.

Lance had failed at our old school, that's why we are in the same grade and we are most likely going to also graduate together.

We talked about how he never showed up at chemistry last year.

"No! Really, I like chemistry, at our other school I was totally into it," he said and that made a huge impression on me.

Lance actually cared about school and not only about breaking it to pieces with his earthquakes.

And who would have imagined that I would care to hear more about it.

"Yeah? Have you ever made a sting bomb?" I asked remembering that the teacher never allowed us to do that and that it was only for more experienced students.

"Well, No but Fred makes them all the time in his sleep. If you know what I mean" he said while waving the air and I laughed.

Another thing that I enjoy when I am around Lance is the embarrassing stories he shares with me about his teammates.

"I can imagine," I spoke with a giggle and he smiled at me.

I catch him do that every time I laugh, which is a bit weird.

But to be honest I have been doing that too, it's like to make sure that he is having fun around me.

I stopped laughing once our chemistry teacher, Mr. Hank McCoy walked inside the room with a shirt that wrote Bayville on it.

The shirts we usually wear in P.E class or on the games of the school teams.

"The time has come the warrior said to talk about many things and the first is an apology. I am sorry for being late, they had me serving double duty as your physical coach," said our professor and put on his chemistry robe.

"Lucky us," said Lance into my ear and I laughed quietly.

Mr. Maccoy joined the school staff this year and he is probably the best teacher we ever had. He is always so kind and understanding with his students. He had his way to actually make you interested in the lesson even if you didn't like it much. He made me a really good impression.

Everyone liked him.
Rogue especially she loved how he was always so poetic. They shared love for poetry.

His hair is dark blue and his eyes are also dark blue.

"So anyway, that experiment that you all have being dying to do. I say let's do it and get it over with huh? Who's up for making a stink bomb?" He asked looking directly at me and Lance as the class cheered in excitement.

I turned to Lance with wide eyes and smile only to find him turning to me with the same look.

Chemistry may have just become my favourite lesson.

-Time Skip-

Today was one of the good days.
We didn't get to any trouble, the lessons weren't that hard, the brotherhood isn't looking for a fight anymore since Mystique and Magneto aren't around.

And what better way to end this day then playing video games with the guys.

We planned this for tonight, Kurt , Evan, Ray , Roberto, Jubilee, Bobby , me and Sam.

So, we could have fun together.

Logan had also planned for tonight, he is going out for a drink.

So, I was supposed to put on my comfortable pjs and go down stairs but destiny had other plans for me tonight.

Scott came to my room before I could even change  to ask me if I could go with him at Duncan's party.

Jean invited him and he wanted company to keep him under control around Duncan.

And of course, I said yes.

Jean had already left for the party with Duncan who came to pick her up.Rogue was also at the party with Risty who also came to pick her up.

And that's how I ended up outside Scott's room leaning against the wall next to his door waiting for him to get ready.

What is taking him so long? He has been getting ready for half an hour. I mean Duncan's party isn't a formal event.

I just wore blue jeans with white sneakers and a white T-Shirt with black angel wings at the back. They were really detailed, the feathers of the wings looked almost real.Jean had actually gotten this for me as a birthday gift.

Well, but not on my birthday.

I never celebrate my birthday, like ever.

My mother never did anything for my birthday, not even when I was a baby that made me forget its existence.

Jean had realized that she didn't know when my birthday was and I refuse to tell her.It was so fun seeing her struggling to guess the date.

In the end she gave up and bought me a present out of the blue.

"Finally!" I exclaimed when Scott's door opened.

"Come on we are going to be late!" He said running down the hallway, but I just walked, rolling my eyes at him.

"I should be the one saying that, I have been waiting for what? An hour?" I said to myself because Scott was too far to hear me.

Once I reached him, he was at the stairs that led to the lobby.

Then I noticed Rahne coming up from downstairs, running straight towards Scott.

"Watch out!" I screamed but it was already to late.

Scott tripped as Rahne got tackled into his legs.

I laughed out loud as Scott got down every step with his butt.

"Rahne! No running in the house!" He screamed in frustration and I laughed harder as Rahne gave him an apologetic look. She was so cute with those puppy eyes.

Scott stood up and run to the exit.
I walked down the stairs taking control of myself and relaxed.

Scott had run outside where his car was already parked just outside the house.

I opened the front door only to burst out laughing again. Scott slipped on Bobby's ice that was all over the floor and crashed to his car door.

I was holding my stomach as I laughed more than I probably had all my life.

Bobby and Amara that were chatting against Scott's car had now stopped and looked at Scott with wide eyes.

"Drake! Clean up your fucking ice!" Scott yelled as he stood up and got into the driver's seat.

Bobby and Amara moved away from the car as Scott turned on the engine.

"You coming or you’re not done laughing yet?" He asked glaring at me and I stopped laughing but couldn't prevent the huge grin on my face.

"Nah I am done," I said as a laugh escaped my mouth.

I walked to the car and got to the passenger seat .

"Bye guys" I waved at Bobby and Amara as Scott drove the car to the gate.

-Time Skip- 

We reached Duncan's house and got out of the car. I had forgotten how much I liked quiet rides. I thought reliving our journey. It was just so quiet.

I turned to look at the house.
Duncan Matthews house was full of last tech and seemed pretty expensive.

But who cares? 

We live in a fucking mansion for crying out loud!

Out of nowhere I saw a soccer ball going straight for Scott's head.

"Look out!" I warned him but the ball still fell on his head, he got alarmed and begun checking our surroundings for an attacker.

"Hey, relax is just a stupid ball, you are good" I reassured him grabbing the ball of the floor showing it to him.
He sighed.

But this wasn't a sigh of relief, it was more of frustration.

"Obviously this is not the party I should be going to," he said grabbing the ball gently out of my hands.

"Don't say that, don't let Duncan get to you, you are way better than him and we both know he is not the reason you are here. She is," I said placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Yes, your right thank you from reminding me," he said and patted my back.

"Always, dumbass," I said and punched his hand playfully.

We walked inside and Scott got pretty confident all of a sudden.

"Yo! Dunc!" He yelled and threw the ball on Duncan's stomach with force.

"Ouch," I whispered to myself.

Scott walked up to Duncan and Jean.
I looked around seeing familiar faces from school.

There were two huge tables against the wall. The first one was filled with snacks while the second was filled with drinks. And I bet they all are alcohol. The music wasn't so loud which was nice.

I never really liked parties.

Then something caught my eye.
Rogue and Risty sitting together and I decided to walk up to them.

"Hey," I greeted.

"Hey Kathryn," Rogue said in surprise.

"Hello Darling! I didn't know you fancied parties," Risty said with excitement.

"I didn't know either, I thought you were hanging out with the guys," Rogue said and I nodded.

"I was going to but Scott asked me to come with him for emotional support, you know," I said explaining myself and my sudden change of plan.

"I see," Rogue mattered under her breath but I heard it.

She stood up and begun walking away leaving me and Risty in confusion.

"Wait! What? Was it something I said?"I asked and rushed after her afraid I insulted her somehow.

"No, no Kath it's not you, I just can't handle the drama about Jean, I just, I can't" she tried to explain but she didn't have to. 

I get it.

Her feelings always get hurt when she sees Scott around Jean.

And Scott gets hurt whenever Jean is with Duncan.

Why is love so messed up?

"I understand," I said placing my hand on her clothed covered hand.

"Thank you, see you at home" she waved at me and slowly begun walking away.

"See you!" I said my good bye.

"Hey wait I'll come with you!" Risty yelled and run after Rogue.

I decided to walk up to Jean who was standing next to Scott and Duncan who were playing ping pong, kind of aggressively though.

"Hey Jean, what's going on here?" I asked standing next to her and looking closely at the boys.

"You tell me," She said and handed me a drink.

"You know I don't drink," I said ready to hand it back.

"It's apple juice, the only think that didn't have alcohol," she told me and I was surprised there was actually something that I could drink.

"Thanks," I said and she smiled at me.

"I am surprised you came, I thought you didn't like parties," she said also shocked to see me here and I laughed.

"I don't," I added and she giggled.

Our attention was again caught by the boys who played even more aggressively.

The ball went flying into someone's head but that didn't stop Duncan from hitting it again and then the ball ended up close to a group of friends, Scott run into them trying to hit the ball, he succeeded and shoved three people to the ground.

"What do you guys say we end the game now?" I suggested but was ignored by both boys.

"Scott, I forgot my phone in the car, can you open it for me?" I said the stupidest excuse that came to my head.

Scott's car is a convertible, I could literally jump on it without opening the car, but I wanted to see if Scott would realize what I asked.

"Yeah sure! Later," he said and I shook my head.

"Are they really playing ping pong?" Asked Taryn Fujioka, Jean's best friend and teammate on the girls' soccer team.

She looked really good tonight.

Her brown straight hair was up in a ponytail and her green eyes for some reason seemed brighter with that purple shirt she matched with a darker purple mini skirt.

"Nope they are duelling" Jean answered with a glare.

"Duck!" I yelled as the ball was heading straight to Jean's head.
She ducked with a gasp dropping her drink and the ball hit the wall behind us, missing just inches from Jean’s head.

The ball bounced on and Scott hit it again towards Duncan.

Jean had enough and stopped the ball with her telekinesis grabbed it with her hand, and slammed it on the ping pong table.

"Game set and match, time for a word with our sponsors," she said annoyed and grabbed Duncan by the hand leading him away from the scene.
Scott got mad and threw the racket to the floor and ran out to the balcony.

I ran after him.

"Hey!" I called after him as I placed my glass of apple juice on the ping pong table.

"What!?" Scott asked, standing at the edge of the balcony looking down, obviously upset.

"What are you doing?" I asked referring to the scene that happened in there.

"I don't know," he yelled frustrated and I sighed.

"The whole point of you being here was to prove that you are better than him and look at you, acting like a five-year-old fighting Duncan with a ping pong ball!" I said and leaned into the balcony next to him.

"I don't know what got into me, it's just whenever I see him I want to strangle him," Scott admitted and couldn't help but smile because of an old memory that popped to mind.

How many times have I said that for a certain someone.

"I know the feeling," I said and he raised an eyebrow at me.

"You wanted to strangle Duncan too?" Scott asked confused and I laughed.

"No, dumbass. Lance, many times actually, but anyways that's not the point we both know that you are jealous of Duncan and his relationship with Jean, but let me tell you, you know Jean since you two were kids, you grew up together you know her better than anyone else. You were there for her before Duncan and you will still be there for her after him,"

I finally said and Scott's expression relaxed as he smiled sweetly probably reliving a memory of Jean.

"Thank you, Kathryn, thank you for reminding me, what would I do without you?" He said gratefully.

"You would have already killed Duncan," I answered and he laughed.

"Yeah, probably," he added and suddenly Jean burst into the balcony panicked.

"Jean?" Me and Scott asked in union.
Scott was the first to try approach her, ran to her side but some for reason she got scared by him.

She gasped and knocked Scott down the balcony with a movement of her hand telekinetically.

"Jeannn!!" Scott screamed as he fell while I watched with wide eyes.

I looked down and felt relieved when I saw that a pool was set right down the balcony.

"Scott!" Jean seemed to snap out of whatever gotten into her and she ran immediately next to me to the edge and caught Scott before he could fall into the pool .

Scott was inches away from the water and passed his hand through it feeling relived.

He was lucky there was pool and not a hard, cold ground.

"Hey! What's going on out here!?" Duncan yelled, scaring us both as he walked inside the balcony.

Jean lost her concentration and Scott screamed as he actually fell into the water with a huge splash. 

Duncan rushed next to us surprised and looked down.

"Summers? The hell are you doing down there?" Duncan asked confused and really who could blame him.

"Checking your chlorine level" Scott answered and I face palmed.

And they ask why I don't like parties.

-Time Skip- 

We finally reached home and Scott hasn't stopped whining about falling into the pool.

"I said I am really sorry," Jean said and I could see the guilt in her eyes.
We entered the mansion and Scott continued.

"It will be fun she tells me," he said and I rolled my eyes as he took off his sweater leaving him shirtless.

"You startled me that's why it happened," Jean tried to excuse herself.

"What happened?" the Professor asked as he walked inside the lobby.

"My bath," Scott answered while stretching his sweater causing water to go all over the red carpet on the floor.

A laugh escaped my mouth and I covered it with a cough.

I turned to look at Jean and Scott who were both glaring at me.

"Sorry, couldn't help it," I apologized and they moved there gaze away from me.

"Anyway, it's not worth talking about," Jean said and took a step farther into the house.

"What is not worth talking about?" Kurt asked as he teleported next to me, with his blue fuzzy self, leaning his elbow on my shoulder.

"Nothing!" Jean raised her voice getting frustrated with us.

Kurt looked dumbfounded by Jean's outburst.

"I am going to bed," Jean announced, realizing that she wasn't acting herself and wanted to get out of the situation.

"Jean, wait!" The Professor said as Jean walked to the stairs but they both stopped once Rogue entered the room with Risty!! 

I tried desperately to hide Kurt behind me as he turned on his image inducer.

"And that leads us back to the lobby were everyone forgets their manners and just stares at you," Rogue said as Kurt popped his head from behind me to look at her as well.

I was also staring with wide eyes because I still haven't recovered from Risty almost seeing Kurt.

Scott was looking in embarrassment trying to hide his shirtless body.

"Hey, Risty," I said and waved hello at her breaking the silence.

"Yeah, Hey Risty what's up?" Scott followed my lead.

"Oh my! You are soaking wet! I knew we would miss something by leaving early!" She said to Rogue mostly.

Then my eyes turned wider if it was even possible at this point when Rahne ran into the lobby again in her dog form.

"How cute! I didn't know you guys had a dog!" Risty said in excitement and leaned down to pet Rahne's ginger fur who was as shocked as we all were.

"We don't," Kurt answered with an awkward smile.

"Shut up" I said and nudged him at his side with my elbow, while looking at Risty with panicked eyes and that fake smile.

"Yeah! I better get her upstairs," Kurt said saving the day and picked up Rahne in his arms.

"Oh, what a shame! I just met the little thing! Can't I pet her just a little more?" Risty asked and I was ready to make up an excuse but the sound of sharp blades stopped me.

Every single person in the room turned towards the source of the sound only to find Logan with a pear stuck in his right hand's claws.
He realized we were looking and stared back at us.

"And they say I don't follow the rules," he said and once his eyes met Risty.
I took a deep breath trying to keep calm 

"Aren't you supposed to be out?" I asked getting annoyed with the whole situation.

Why does everyone have to pop up at the wrong time, every time!?

"Weren't you supposed to stay home?" Logan asked smirking and walked away while I glared at his back.

"Rogue," the Professor said warningly and I exchanged a look with Jean, Scott, Kurt and Rahne.

She is in trouble.
We said with our eyes.

-Time Skip-

Risty said her goodbyes to Rogue and finally drove away.

Rogue walked back inside to find us all staring at her.

"I am sorry Rogue; visits need to be scheduled for obvious reasons," the Professor explained but I knew Rogue wouldn't want to hear it.

"Whatever, I just won't have any friends over again," she said bitterly and walked up the stairs.

It's normal to want her friends around and I get her.

I don't want her to get upset because of this, Risty is welcome at the house, just when we all know that she is here.

Suddenly Jean stopped Rogue from going any further.

"Hey! That's not true he doesn't treat me any different than you," Jean said out of the blue and I was genuinely confused but Rogue on the other hand was furious.

"Who gave you permission to get into my head!?" Rogue yelled with anger and Jean was shocked.

"I am sorry, I am so sorry I didn't realize it," Jean said in disbelief with herself.

"Yeah, right!" Rogue shouted literally run up the stairs.

"Rogue, wait!" I exclaimed running after her not before giving Jean a pat in the back letting her know that it was okay.

We reached our room and Rogue held the door for me to pass and once I was in she slammed the door that hard that I thought that the door would collapse.

"Rogue, relax, she didn't mean it!" I said trying to calm her down.

"Come on Kathryn! She did it on purpose! I wouldn't be surprised if she went through our head every day without us even noticing!" Rogue yelled and I really want to believe that her harsh words were just in the heat of the moment.

There was no way she really believed that.

"That isn't like her at all," I said keeping my tone down because if I lose my anger now this place is going to blow.

"Yeah right! Jean, the star of our school, the perfect Jean, the kind and nice Jean. She probably thinks she is better than all of us and that's why getting in our heads is an everyday hobby for her!" She yelled furiously.

"Jean is a good person and an overachiever and a very beautiful woman but never did she acted like she was better than anyone else, since the day I met her, she is only trying to help people and she has insecurities like you and me. She has her own problems to deal with,"

I said and Rogue seemed to clam down a little but still defensive as she stood with her hands crossed to her chest.

"Look, about the telepathy thing I get it. It happened to me too. And yes, I was mad at Jean for a while but I realized that she was really sorry and that telepathy is a very difficult power to control. I am sure that what happened down there was an honest accident," I said and Rogue scoffed and sat on her bed removing her black boots.

I sighed and sat next to her.

"Listen, I know I can't change your mind but please try not to judge her that much, she has enough problems," I said standing up sitting on my own bed and she laughed sarcastically.

"What problems could Miss Perfect have?" She asked and took of her shirt and pants, wearing her night dress.

"She has been acting up, at school this morning, at the party and now. And the boys are making things worst," I said and she walked to the mirror wiping her make up off.

"She is lucky, Kathryn, having two boys falling over their heels for her. I am sure she enjoys the attention she gets, who wouldn't?" She said and I stood behind her in the mirror.

"I wouldn't and I bet you wouldn't either. Jean isn't the attention seeker you think," I said and Rogue sighed tired of our talk.

"Whatever, I am done with this conversation about Jean," Rogue said sternly and closed the light of the room.

I didn't want to push the matter further and changed into my PJs.

"Wanna watch something together before bed? It's still pretty early" I suggested and Rogue light up at the proposal.

"My computer or yours?" She asked with a small smile and I smiled back knowing how she enjoyed watching movies together.

This has been our thing during the holiday.

I shrugged at the question and she grabbed her laptop and set it on her lab.

"Come on," she said and patted the spot next to her on the bed.

I sat next to her and we curled into each other but always careful not to have skin to skin contact.

She played the movie on her computer and we sat together all night watching until we fell asleep in each other's arms.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

369 27 13
Born into a prestigious family, Elijah had to shoulder a lot of things- pride, family name, being the best of the best... These things were not what...
57K 1.2K 45
"i love who you are, don't change because other people say you look different. your difference is what makes you special," corinne dane was only fif...
395 1 24
The Dawn of X has arrived in the Marvel Universe. Xavier and his allies have founded the new mutant nation of Krakoa, promising a safe and supportive...
1K 11 97
Back with another story of our dynamic DJ duo, and their wacky but nerve wracking adventures: This time Shine and Wally are being sent into the world...