𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐲 𝐀 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

By -alinax

"You're atheist," I remind him. "You don't believe in god." "I believe in you," He murmurs, letting the cigar... More

prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
Authors Note

XXXVII

45.4K 1.4K 456
By -alinax

          Kais pov
"Dad?" I call out, closing the glass doors behind me. All the lights are off except for the illuminating yellow lights coming from under his office doors. Courtesy of our maids, I'm guessing.

He doesn't reply, but I can hear a distinct voice coming from the office—a conversation on the phone, I think. I sigh, heading to my room. My feet are quiet on the wooden stairs, a trait he taught me—one I'm thankful for. I just need to grab my Rolex and go. No complication, no greetings, to goodbyes. Two minutes max, right?

I almost made it, I swear. I almost made it in and out. I was only supposed to grab my Rolex. I wasn't supposed to be pressed against a door listening to a conversation my father was having. No, that wasn't the plan. But when I heard the name Adeline leave his lips?  I had to listen.

Six names are thrown around. Adeline and mine. Some kid named Elliot, another named Lily. Two others named Mattheo and Rose.

I don't know who they are, or who he's talking to. I don't care, not really, but I do care what he's saying about me—about her.  "He's not like that." I hear his voice, rasp. "He follows orders. I know my son." 

"I understand," A female voice sounds. "But you don't."

I furrow my eyebrows, and I swear I can hear my father's temper. "Why wouldn't I—"

"It's inevitable. It happened with Mattheo, it happened with Elliot, it's going to happen with Kai—"

"Get out of my house." I hear him order.

"But sir—"

"How did you get past the front gates?" I hear some shuffling. "Was Elijah on the job? Did he let you in?"

"Please, just listen–"

"Did the press put you up to this? Is that what you are?" I hear him chuckle, hear a chair being pushed back. I inch myself against the wall, quick to run away but close enough to make out the rest. "I don't understand you poor people's obsession with the rich, with our lives."

"No, please. Just listen, Mattheo—"

"Mattheo Vitiello is dead to me. To all of us. He isn't a Vitiello anymore, and neither is this Elliot you speak up." He says, and I can practically hear him shaking his head. "What a story you've spun."

"But please," The girl begs, her voice breaking. " Kai will–"

"Come on, Lilian." Another voice sounds. Another feminine voice. "You already know how this ends."

I hear a sigh, and I hear my dad on the phone—talking with security. "We tried, didn't we, Lilith?"

"We did. They were so close this time, weren't they?"

"So close."

My brows furrow, but when I hear the front doors being unlocked—I leave. I don't wait up to meet security, don't wait up to see my dad, or the girls.  Minutes later, I'm in my car, Rolex in my hand, fingers gripping the steering wheel, ready to start driving. But for some reason, I don't. I can't put my foot on the pedal or even turn the keys. I just wait there with the windows up behind the gardens watching blankly as security escorts the two people out. Two old women. Twins, I realize, even down to the clothes. I watch them for a second longer before realizing that yes, this it's them—it's the fortune tellers.

~~~
hey luvrs, short chapter but I'm about to release a 10x longer one don't worry <3 I miss and love

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1M 134K 107
I looked at her possessively before grabbing her by the nape of her neck and pulling her closer to me, our lips a breath away. "You are mine. Only mi...
405 16 14
She was hellfire. Her beauty was tantalizing. She was charismatic, ethereal, a true goddess. Men bowed in front of her alluring self. But she was the...
33.6K 702 41
They say all good boys go to heaven, but bad boys bring heaven to you. And that's what he brought me, Heaven. We were terribly perfect for each othe...
1.1M 21.3K 60
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 DARK ROMANCE "Fuck. You." I watched as the brown in his eyes darkened and he clenched his jaw. He...