Super Mario Sunshine: Painted...

By RGkoopaling

What was supposed to be a relaxing vacation, took a turn for the worse. Now Mario and his friends have to cle... More

Flying to Isle Delfino
Delfino Airstrip Dilemma
A Given Chance
The Dream Depot
Follow that Shadow!
The Road to Petey Piranha
The Hillside Cave Secret
Mini Shadows in the Village
Petey Piranha Strikes Back
The Mini Shadows' Secret to the Dirty Lake
Gooper Blooper Breaks Out
Blooper Surfing Caged Shine Sprite
The Secret of Ricco Tower
Gooper Blooper Returns with Mini Shadows on the Water
Shadow Luigi pulls into the Dock & Takes the Stage
Dune Bud Sand Castle Secret
Mirror & Wiggler Madness Ahoy! Tilt, Slam, Bam!
The Sand Bird is Born
Il Piantissimo's Sand Sprint and Mini Shadows in the Coral Reef
It's Shadow Daisy! After Her!
The Watermelon Festival
Mecha-Bowser Appears!
The Beach Cannon's Secret

Shadow Aria on the Loose

29 0 0
By RGkoopaling

[BGM: Delfino Plaza - Super Mario Sunshine]

Aria, Chase, and Judy came out of the M feeling relieved.

"Glad that's over," Aria said.

"Agreed," FLUDD replied.

Chase and Judy were surprised to see FLUDD back on Aria's back.

"WHAT?!" they said.

"FLUDD?! How did you-?!" Chase couldn't finish what he said because he was still in shock.

"Do you remember what happened in there?" Judy asked him.

"Sadly, I do not recall," FLUDD noted.

"My faker may be a jerk. But at least she keeps her promise," said Aria.

"Guys!" Toadette called out with Toad following behind.

"Hey, guys!" Chase said.

"Look what I found!" Toadette pulled out the Shine Sprite she got from the building.

"A SHINE SPRITE?!" they said in unison.

"Where did you get that?!" Chase questioned.

"I found it locked in a building nearby," she explained, "Both me and the chief were surprised to see no one else did anything about it."

"Hey! I helped too!" Toad butted in, "I was the one who BASHED MY SKULL breaking into that room!"

"There are Shine Sprites in the plaza too?" Aria said, "Well, can you guys be on the lookout for more? We could use all the Shine Sprites we get!"

"You can count on us!" Toadette replied.

"And me, provided that I don't get another headache again!" Toad added.

"We should go before things get ugly," Judy said.

The other two agreed and they jumped back into the M.

[BGM end]

The moment they reappeared, a blue Pianta walked up to them.

"Hey... do you have a twin or something?" he asked Aria.

Aria got anxious when she heard that, "No... Why do you ask?"

The Pianta pointed his large finger toward a pink figure who was standing there with her paintbrush and back turned. The three were freaked out by this.

[BGM: Mimi the Copycat - Super Paper Mario]

"YOU!"

The girl turned around and smirked.

"Well, if it isn't the brave little beach girl and her animal friends. Though honestly, I was expecting you to bring the man of the hour with you. But, I suppose this is what I get for hanging onto THIS!"

The shadow version of Aria pulled out a big red key with an M insignia. Aria and Chase's eyes widened when they saw this.

"Is that...?" Aria wondered.

"That has to be one of the jail keys!" FLUDD said.

"Boy, for a little girl. You sure got your thinking cap on today," the girl replied, "And I have to say, I'm impressed, kid. Really, I am. You were the first person other than Mario who has managed to go through TWO of my secret levels. But this is the end of the line for you."

Aria felt ready to tremble at the tone of her duplicate. That was until Judy and Chase stepped in.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" she demanded.

"Really, and what if I don't?"

Chase didn't need to answer and just bombarded her with water balls.

"Eeeeeeeooooooooowwwwwww!!!"

"You've been making too much of a mess, kid," Chase said, "It's time someone put you in your place!"

Shadow Aria's eyes glowed blue in rage. But she kept her composure.

"Fine. If that's how it's gonna be, we'll just fight somewhere bigger. Follow me!"

She took off toward the village, avoiding the water.

"She headed for the lake area," said FLUDD, "After her!"

"Chase is on the case!" he replied.

"Aria, don't listen to what that faker may have put into your head," Judy said, "If anything, you and Chase are two of the bravest kids I've met!"

"Really? You think so?" Aria asked.

"Of course! No little kids I've met have faced a mutant plant or gone through a dangerous obstacle course before on their own. You got great things ahead of you, kid!"

Aria felt better by Judy's words. They followed the shadow faker and confronted her near the trees of the Big Windmill.

"Took you long enough!" Shadow Aria complained, "I haven't got all day!"

"We took as much time as we needed!" Judy said back, "You on the other hand, sure took your time to frame an innocent little girl for a serious crime! Talk about a real dirty trick, young lady. You should be ashamed of yourself!"

At that moment, Shadow Aria burst into laughter.

"HAHAHAHA! Ashamed, of myself?" she said in disbelief, "Listen here, Rabbit Girl. I like getting what I want, so I'll do whatever I need to do to get it. No matter what the cost is. YOU on the other hand have to do all the sweaty labor. In fact, you once had to have your dream job saved by a fox, of ALL mammals!"

Judy's nose began to twitch at what she was hearing.

"W-w-what? How did you-?"

"Boy, you sure are one to talk if you had your fox of a boyfriend here to protect you."

"Y-you..."

Judy's right foot began to stamp. Aria and Chase were confused about what was happening.

"I am detecting some anger from Judy," FLUDD said.

"How can you tell?" Aria whispered.

"When a rabbit stamps their right foot. It indicates they're angry," FLUDD clarified.

"Fine. Young lady, if you insist. I am going to give you what you so richly deserve," Judy declared.

Aria and Chase were surprised by Judy's decision.

"Judy, you aren't really going to..." Chase tried to reason with the rabbit.

"Stay out of this!" she said, "I am a police officer. And she just threw mud at my dignity! You two leave me be! Understood?"

Aria and Chase looked at each other, and then at Judy and simply nodded. They took some steps back as the rabbit officer faced the shadow.

"Aaaaaawwwwww, the cute widdle bunny wabbit wants to face me. All alone," Shadow Aria mocked, "It, would sure be a shame if your foxy boyfriend had to cry over a rabbit's foot."

"You're gonna regret everything you did," Judy said.

Shadow Aria giggled, "We'll see about that."

[BGM end]

Shadow Aria began to spin, painting a circle around her. The goop started to form around her as she began to transform. In a matter of seconds, in her place was a giant pink goop flower that grew two flower vines that had flower buds for hands. It roared revealing the insides of a flower in its mouth as it opened all four of its petals. Shadow Aria was now the Venus Melantha!

[BGM: Glamdozer - Super Mario Galaxy 2]

"Hehehehe!" Shadow Aria giggled, "Try not to cry. Because I heard rabbits like you... are emotional. Time to go bye-bye, Hoppsy."

Venus Melantha started the battle by swinging its flower vines at Judy. The rabbit avoided all the swings with ease. Next, she shot some seeds from her flower buds that exploded and released goop after a while.

Judy was trying her best to find any weak points when she saw Venus Melantha inhaling as her petals closed up. Before she knew it, Venus Melantha shot goop all around her. Judy barely dodged the goop.

"There has to be something we can do," Chase said watching the battle.

"Perhaps there is," FLUDD said, "Aria if you can get me close to the flower, I can scan it for any weaknesses."

Aria nodded and did her best to stay out of its sight. When she got close enough, FLUDD began to scan Venus Melantha.

"She appears to vulnerable when she's charging up for that big goop attack," FLUDD explained, "Judy! Use the seeds Venus Melantha shoots and throw them in her mouth to stun her!"

"Right back at ya, FLUDD!" she called out.

When Venus Melantha fired more seeds, Judy picked one up and threw it in her mouth just as she was charging up. The seed exploded inside stunning the goop flower as it fell to the ground. Her stigma was now shown glowing. Judy assumed that was her weak spot and did a triple jump and kicked the stigma on the last jump.

Venus Melantha got up again and shrieked in anger. She then shot three goop balls that left trails of goop. This made things tricky to navigate with a water pump.

The second time Judy landed a hit, the goop that was Venus Melantha turned orange. Now she was mad! The flower buds even turned into little venus flytraps that could latch onto Judy if she wasn't careful.

"Sweet cheese and crackers," Judy said in disbelief, "She doesn't know when to quit."

Judy needed to be extra careful as the goop Venus Melantha fired was on fire now. But the seeds, luckily, weren't that case. The final blow made Venus Melantha shrivel as it turned back into Shadow Aria.

[BGM end]

"Y-you..." Shadow Aria groaned.

"What's the matter?" Judy questioned, "Did I spank Shadow Aria a little too hard?"

Aria and Chase ran back up to Judy, impressed by the battle.

"Wow! You were great, Judy!" Aria said.

"Yeah! You're one of the best officers I've met!" Chase added.

Shadow Aria got up, humiliated by a rabbit.

"Don't think you've beaten me for good," she said, "Next time you see me. I won't go so easy on you. Remember that!"

Before disappearing, she then looked at what could be... us?

"And you, reading the fanfiction! If you've read mariobroultimate's version of sunshine, then you probably already know who I am. But no spoiling it! While I won't go after you, no one likes spoilers in general."

[BGM: A Shine Sprite Appears - Super Mario Sunshine]

Now Shadow Aria disappeared, leaving not only a Shine Sprite but also the key to Mario's cell. Before taking the Shine Sprite and key, the trio looked at the sparkling lake.

"Did you understand a word that girl was saying?" Judy questioned.

"Not a word," Chase replied.

"Looks like our work here is done," said Aria.

"But we better keep an eye out for the other imposters," Chase reminded, "They could be causing trouble right about now."

"You are correct, Chase," FLUDD said, "But for now, let's take the key and Shine Sprite!"

Nodding, Judy took the Shine Sprite and Aria grabbed the Shine Sprite.

[BGM: Shine! - Super Mario Sunshine]

Shine!

"Aw yeah!"

Teleporting back to Delfino Plaza, the trio ran to the jailhouse. Aria placed the key in Mario's cell and unlocked it. Mario jumped for joy to be free.

"Yahoo!" he said, "Mario time!"

"Mario!" Aria and Chase said.

They were so happy to free their friend, that they embraced him in a hug.

"Aw, how sweet," said Judy catching Mario's attention.

"Oh, hello. I don't think we met before, who're you?"

"I'm Judy. Judy Hopps," Judy shook Mario's hand and he shook her paw, "You must be Mario."

"We met her in Bianco Hills where we also found your key," Chase said to Mario.

"Judy? Is that you?" Daisy said from her cell.

"Daisy! It's been a while since I saw you and Peach!" Judy replied, "I just wish it were at a better time."

"Tell me about it."

"Uh, I feel like I'm missing something here," said Luigi.

Before Judy could ask who Luigi was Mario spoke up.

"That's my brother Luigi. Also, Daisy, how do you know her?"

"Me and Peach first met her in Zootpia. This was before we met you, and before Aria was even born," replied Daisy.

"But I think that's a story for another day," Judy said.

Aria took off FLUDD and gave him to Mario.

"Here, we can take turns using FLUDD," she said.

Mario puts FLUDD on ready to spray some goop.

"Before you leave, break open that blue box," FLUDD instructed, "Its contents inside will prove useful."

"Huh, you know I always wondered what was inside.

Mario punched the box and revealed two pumps identical to FLUDD. But the two nozzles were facing downwards.

"What's this?" Aria asked picking one up.

"That is one of my models, the Hover Nozzle!" FLUDD explained, "It can lift the user into the air, allowing them to cross large gaps. Sorta like a long jump."

"Long jump?" Aria and Chase wondered.

"That's one of my signature moves," Mario said, "One of these times, I can teach you some moves."

"It looks like there's an extra pump here," Mario picked it up and turned to Judy, "Do you want it?"

Judy nodded, "Sure. If I'm gonna be hanging with you guys, might as well help you with the cleaning as well as finding the other fakers."

Judy strapped on the Hover Nozzle and FLUDD began to scan her brain.

"Scanning user information..." said FLUDD, "Subject identified as Judith Laverne Hopps, preferably Judy, first rabbit officer of Zootopia. Data storage complete."

"Feels like I got an upgrade," Judy said adjusting the pump.

"Anyway, Mario. We got some catching to do," Chase said.

"Like what?" Mario asked.

"Well, we found a faker of me in Bianco Hills!" Aria said.

"What?!" Mario, Luigi, and Daisy said, "There's a faker of you too?!"

"Yeah! She freaked me out when I entered one of her Secret Levels. She even took FLUDD away from me and made me and the others go through an obstacle course without him!"

"Not to mention, she made some mini-shadow counterparts," Chase added, "Those were troublesome."

"Mamma mia, that sounds terrible," Luigi said.

"Wait, how did you get FLUDD back?" Mario wondered.

"We don't know," Aria said, "He just appeared on our backs after we got the Shine Sprite. But she did have your key. You should've seen Judy take her on. She was awesome!"

"Oh, come on," Judy said, "You and Chase manage to take on a giant plant monster, twice!"

"Giant plant?"

"I don't wanna talk about it," Aria said, "Can we go now? Before we stall the chapter?"

"Good point," Mario turned to Luigi and Daisy, "Don't worry, guys! We'll find your keys soon."

"Ok!"

And with that, Mario, Aria, Chase, and Judy left the jailhouse and back to the plaza.

****************************************************

End of chapter!

At last, Mario is free! And Bianco Hills is cleared too, now it's on to the next area!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.3K 1.1K 16
What happens if team RWBY never fell in the Ever after but instead went to the real world after falling through the portal and arriving earth. Let se...
45.9K 1.3K 30
It's over. Mario and Luigi are dead, and I'm at Bowser castle. No one to save me now. I am going to remain at Bowser castle for the rest of my life...
6.1K 232 35
(Note: Please read this story on Wattpad. If you are reading it on any other site or app it is stolen.) Many of the Starter Squad members has been ac...
635 4 28
Ever since The Incidents he had in his past, Orange has been ashamed of his past. His mother's only request is for him to move to Inkopolis from his...