Welcome to Top Gun

By brookejrogers

Top Gun imagines and oneshots. Just like we like 'em. ≪◦ ❈ ◦≫ Characters used: - Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw ... More

Introduction
Bullseye - Pete "Maverick" Mitchell
Princess - Tom "Iceman" Kazansky
Don't bet on it - Jake "Hangman" Seresin
Broken world - Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw
Bike and Beach - Pete "Maverick" Mitchell
Under the stars - Tom "Iceman" Kazansky

Take me to Valhalla - Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw

984 9 0
By brookejrogers

Set: Bar Scene

Word Count: 1400

≪◦ ❈ ◦≫

Although I know my comrades well and didn't exactly expect them to properly greet me, I still got disappointed when I entered the bar and didn't hear an applause. Then again, they never do that.

"Valkyrie! Take me to Valhalla!" Hangman shouts as I step towards the table with Phoenix, Fanboy and Payback behind us.

"Only if you admit I'm faster than you." I smirk back, crossing my arms. Hangman shakes his head in disappointment.

"Guess I'm going to hell." He looks up at me and grins, chuckling.

"It's good to see ya, Hangman." I nod at him and he smiles back. I step over to him and he pats my shoulder.

"Who are your friends?" he nods towards Phoenix and the boys. Phoenix smirks, knowing exactly what Hangman is like.

"These are Fanboy and Payback." she nods towards her companions.

"Boys, this is Bagman."

"Hangman," he corrects her.

"Whatever." she shakes her head.

I grab a cue and lean down against the table. I concentrate on my shot and bump the stick backwards into Hangman when I realize he's staring at me.

"My eyes are up here, Hangman." I smirk, hitting the perfect shot. I stand back up and look at Hangman, who's just smirking. He likes to cause problems and he knows it.

"You could get us some drinks instead of makin' eyes at Valkyrie." Phoenix says and Hangman smiles before walking away to the bar.

I watch him walk away and spot an older gentleman sitting at the counter. I nod at him as a sign of respect, he smiles back and I get back to the game.

"Any of you know what they're callin' us here for?" Payback asks, taking a sip of his drink.

"I don't know, but they're getting all the best ones, for sure." Phoenix answers.

Hangman comes back with four beers in his hand and hands me and Phoenix one.

"Speaking of the devil," Hangman points at the door and we all see an all too familiar face, wearing an all too familiar outfit walk towards us.

"Bullseye." I whisper and get a fist bump from Hangman. He might be an asshole, but he's a good friend.

"Bradshaw!" Phoenix says loudly, "Is that you? This is how I find out you're stateside?"

Rooster grins and stands behind Phoenix, who's playing: "Yeah, I just thought I'd surprise you."

"Hmm," Phoenix says, hitting Rooster with the cue, "guess I surprised you back."

Rooster smiles up at her and I grin from the other side of the table.

"It's good to see you." Rooster says to Phoenix.

"Good to see you too." Phoenix answers.

Rooster walks over to me and Hangman, but he's quicker.

"Bradshaw. As I live and breathe."

Rooster nods: "Hangman. You look... good."

"Well I am good, Rooster. I'm very good. In fact, I am too good to be true." he smirks.

I roll my eyes at him and take another sip of my beer. The two continue talking and I walk over to Phoenix, watching the boys diss each other.

Hangman gets super close to Rooster and ultimately says: "I love this song!"

He walks away and Rooster sighs, coming over to me.

"Hey, Val. What's game?" he asks.

"Not much, except you missed the part where Phoenix called him Bagman." I motion towards Hangman and hit another perfect shot, leaning up to fully look at Rooster.

"Hmm. Well, he hasn't changed." Rooster says.

"Nope. Sure hasn't." I answer and hit another perfect shot.

I grab my beer, take a sip and hand it to him. Rooster takes a sip and holds onto it. We've been co-pilots for months now, practically best friends, to be honest.

Fanboy looks at the doors: "Check it out," we all look over, "More patches."

"That's Harvard, Yale, Omaha. Shit, thats Fritz." Payback says, "What the hell kind of mission is this?"

"That's not the question we should be asking." Phoenix says, "Everyone here is the best there is."

"Who are they gonna get to teach us?" I ask.

≪◦ ❈ ◦≫

Rooster and I are sitting further back from the pool table, still sharing the same bottle of beer. Hangman, as per usual, is making fun of as many people as possible, and trying to get everyone to acknowledge that he should be team leader.

"How's your sister?" Rooster asks me and I can't help but burst into laughter.

"What?" he asks, confused. At that moment, Phoenix comes over and looks down at me, grinning.

"Did he ask about your sister?" she asks, eagerly.

I nod in between my laughs and hand her a ten-dollar note. She grins at Rooster and walks away.

"Did you bet on me?" he chuckles and looks at me while I hold onto my stomach because of how much I'm laughing.

"I'm sorry." I say.

"No you're not." he smiles.

I smile back and hand him the bottle. He takes a sip and looks up at me, waiting for me to stop laughing.

"You done?" he asks. I nod, trying to stop.

"I can't." I say, getting up and wiping a tear from my eye.

Hangman sees me do so and looks at Rooster.

"First day back and you already made her cry?" he says.

"Shut up, Hangman." I say, suddenly serious again.

He points at me: "See, I work like a charm." he grins.

I look at Rooster and roll my eyes. He chuckles at me and we step back towards the pool table. Coyote suddenly sees someone sitting on a chair next to the table.

"When did you get here?" he asks.

The man, wearing glasses, looks up and smiles politely.

"Oh, I've been here all the time."

"The man's a stealth pilot. Literally." Hangman jokes, making me laugh.

"Uh- Weapons systems officer, actually." the man says.

Hangman sighs: "With no sense of humor."

"What do they call you?" Phoenix asks.

"Bob." the man says.

"No- I mean, what's your call sign." she sighs when Hangman starts chuckling to himself.

"Oh- uh, Bob." Bob says.

"Wait. You're Bob Floyd, my new backseater? From Lemoore?"

Hangman and Coyote snicker, turning away to laugh.

"Looks like it, yeah." Bob says.

I lean onto Rooster's shoulder to watch this conversation and he secretly adores it.

"Nine-ball, Bob," Phoenix hands him a cue, "Rack 'em."

He smiles awkwardly. "Okay."

Bob gets up and starts playing. I look up at Rooster and he smiles down at me.

"Want another beer?" I ask. He nods.

I walk away towards the bar.

"Penny, dear?" I say, waiting for the bartender to get here.

"What can I get ya?" she asks.

I see the former pilot at the counter.

"Is he paying?" I ask, pointing at him.

Penny smiles at the man and he gives me a help-me look.

"He is." she grins at me.

"All right," I say, "I'll make it easy on him. I'll have one more instead of two."

He chuckles at me. "Thanks."

"No problem. How long d'you serve?" I ask, waiting for the beer.

"Uh, I still do. It's been well over 30 years now." he says proudly.

"Wow. What are you, an admiral?" I ask.

He sighs: "No, actually, a captain."

I shrug.

"As long as you're doin' what fits best, as long as you're where you belong, there's nothin' wrong with that." I smile at him, get the beer from Penny and walk away back to Rooster.

I walk up to Rooster who's leaning against a pillar and he grabs the beer out of my hand.

"Woah, take it easy there, Rooster. I'm not carrying you home tonight." I chuckle.

"Of course not, Val. Because I'm taking you home." he smirks and I can't help but laugh to cover my blush.

Hangman and the others heard it, Rooster earning a couple of compliments.

"Well?" he asks and I look up at him. The others are watching us now, waiting for my answer.

"You know what, Bradshaw, why not?" I smirk. Fanboy and Payback laugh, Hangman pats Coyote's shoulder.

Rooster grins: "Take me to Valhalla."

≪◦ ❈ ◦≫

heyy everyonee

how'd you like the first one?

I know that the way I wrote it isn't exactly chronological towards the movie, but it works, doesn't it?

hope you liked it, don't forget to vote and tell me what you think!

x

Brooke

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.9K 3.1K 77
Alastor X Female Reader You and Alastor have been best friends since you were 5 years old. With Alastor being the famous serial killer of your time...
154K 4.1K 79
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
396K 6.4K 79
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
698K 11.2K 65
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗔𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗽𝗰𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗻𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝘆𝗼�...