LIGHTS OUT •F1•

Von Elle_Jay

where the daughter of Max Verstappen's engineer finds herself falling for the opposition...much to Max's dist... Mehr

•lights out•
•chapter one•
•chapter two•
•chapter three•
•chapter five•
•chapter six•
•chapter seven•
•chapter eight•
•chapter nine•
•chapter ten•
•chapter eleven•
•chapter twelve•
•chapter thirteen•
•chapter fourteen•
•chapter fifteen•
•chapter sixteen•

•chapter four•

1.9K 61 8
Von Elle_Jay

"I liked the Mercedes garage better," Indie said, rolling her eyes as she and Darcy walked through the Red Bull garage on a hunt for something more potent than the energy drink Marty had given them. "It was more fun; this garage is boring."

It was halfway through the Friday free practice sessions, and the girls had not seen a single driver, although they hadn't been looking. Fenty Beauty had just dropped a surprise collection that had had Indie glued to her phone all morning, and Darcy was scrolling through tinder, hoping to find some hot F1 personnel.

"Probably not the best thing to say while you're in the presence of the current champion." A sarcastic voice smirked as the girls walked towards the kitchen.

Darcy was first to turn around to discover Max Verstappen standing leaning against the kitchen door. He wore his navy race suit tied around his waist, showing off the logo-covered fireproof shirt. On his head was a flat-brimmed, bright orange hat with his number racing number.

The blonde smiled at the Dutchman, he was even better looking in person, but a displeased look glazed on Max's face. His blue eyes narrowed as Darcy pulled on her friend's shoulder to turn her around, although once she saw Indie's similarly displeased face, she instantly regretted it.

Anyone who knew Darcy and Indie knew that if someone were going to insult you, it would be Darcy. She had difficulty containing her thoughts, but her poker face wouldn't be out of place in Vegas. However, Indie was cutting. If she didn't like someone, you would know it, and from the scowl curling on her lips, it was doubtful that Max Verstappen was about to become her new friend.

"I prefer my champions to win it honestly and not through a human error," Indie remarked with a condensing grin. "But cute boots." She winked and peered down at the gold boots he wore on his feet.

Darcy threw a hand to her head as Max sneered. He ran his tongue along his lip as he looked the brunette up and down. The sneer turned into a half smile once Max took in the outfit she was wearing. Clearly he saw something he liked.

"You know this isn't a school," The Dutchman smirked, pointing at the green and black tartan skort Indie was wearing with a white vest. "But I'm sure there are a few things I could teach you."

There was a blank airiness on Indie's face as the driver attempted to get under her skin. It was comical to watch as not many attempted to wind the brunette up like Max was trying to do. However, Darcy wasn't sure if Max was serious or not, but going by the vein popping in his neck, she opted for he was genuinely getting annoyed.

Indie's eyes narrowed, her mouth opened, and Darcy inhaled sharply. They hadn't even been in the garage for a weekend, and Indie was about to make an enemy out of Red Bull's star driver. Not good.

However, a miracle in the flesh just walked into the garage holding a mug. "Marty!" Darcy shouted as the older man turned around, wearing a branded polo shirt and navy cargo shorts. "Don't suppose you know where the tequila is." She chuckled, causing Marty to shake his head.

"Bahrain is a dry state, Miss Mack." He informed the blonde, who pouted, "But I believe there is plenty in your hotel room." Marty smiled, taking a sip of the hot drink he was drinking.

Max and Indie's eyes were still locked in a scowl until Marty clicked his fingers in front of his daughter's eyes.

"I see you've met my daughter, Max." Marty grinned, not knowing the takedown that had been going on moments earlier. "Max, this is Indigo, Indie, and this is her best friend, Darcy; they will join us for some races this season."

Max took a step back and then burst into laughter. He shook his head as the chuckles snorted out of his nose. His eyes glanced between the girls and then back to Marty.

He took a deep breath and composed himself.

"This is your daughter?" Max gasped, not quite seeing the resemblance between father and daughter. "It's nice to meet you both, and I hope you will enjoy your time with us at the best team in F1," Max remarked, his eyes drawn to the brunette who had crossed her arms.

The Dutchman watched Indie roll her eyes at his comment. It was a subtle little dig, but he knew that the girl wouldn't take it that way; however, in her father's presence, it was doubtful that she would retaliate.

What Max didn't count on was the tight friendship between the blonde and brunette girls who stood in front of him.

Darcy shot her green eyes to exchange a bold look with Indie. Trouble written on both of their faces.

"I thought Mercedes was the best team. Didn't you join Red Bull for a challenge, Mart?" Darcy pondered, "Didn't you say you'd won everything and needed to join a team that needed a comeback?"

And with that stinging of a comment, the Dutchman was left silent, but soon a grin appeared on his face. Max knew that Indie and Darcy would be a lot of fun this season with these witty remarks, but he knew he would need to keep his wits about him. Or, he needed to join forces with someone with an equally sharp tongue.

Darcy slapped Indie's hand that was hidden behind her back.

"I think we should leave Max to focus on the next session; his first one left a lot to be desired," Marty insisted, ushering the girls away from the driver, "See you later, Max. I'll be on the radio." He told the driver.

Max waved the girls off and watched them walk away with the chief engineer. He had never expected Marty's daughter to look like that. Not that Max had ever pictured his daughter, but Indie Jay was not as innocent looking as her father had described her to be.

This season was going to take a lot to beat last year's, but Max hoped he would win this first Grand Prix to find an excuse to invite Indie and Darcy to join them for their team drinks. Max just needed to find someone to distract Darcy; luckily, there was only one person who knew who might be able to keep up with her.

•••

14:39

you better make sure
your flight out of
Bahrain is on Tuesday
Monday you will be hungover

hello to you too Max
well duh, we always go out
after the first race

Red Bull has 2 new
guests this season
Marty's daughter and her friend
they are fun😝😝😏

and you wanna hook up
with his daughter
not smart 🤣☠️
he's very protective of her
lando said he won't
let her date a driver

i don't want to date her
she's just fun
but since when does
anyone listen to Lando?

that is true

probably best
Marty is the dream engineer
don't think you wanna fuck that up

I don't fancy her
she's annoying, and bitchy
just think her and
her friend are fun
and you need fun 🤨😉

oh so you're doing this
because you care about me
cute x

••••

indie_go1 added a new photo to her story

'First GP congrats dad on designing such a winning car 💜 now to celebrate with TEQUILA'

tagged: darcme30, martmechanic

REPLIES:

darcme30: WHAT A WEEKEND!!! NOW MORE SHOTS🍸🍹

lewishamilton: your old man needs to come back to Mercedes 😏
indie_go1 replied: I keep telling him... sorry about your race. Still my GOAT tho

oscarjay: I can't believe you persuaded dad to let you and Darcy travel with him... the two girls who drank his $900 bottle of whiskey 🥃🤨

maxverstappen: 🤔🤔🤔

NOTFICATIONS:
maxverstappen has followed indie_go1
maxverstappen has followed darcme30

•••

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

44.5K 1.1K 12
In which a Formula One driver's world is turned upside down in all the right ways, by a girl. A FORMULA ONE BOOK MAX VERSTAPPEN X FEM OC Cover by @Aw...
44.2K 618 27
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 she is Daniel Ricciardos sister. She is the less successful, living in the shadow of her brother. Daniel races for McLaren along side...
231K 5.7K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...
238K 4.8K 19
"𝓘𝓯 𝓘 𝓬𝓪𝓷. 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵. 𝓮𝓷𝓭 𝓸𝓯 𝓭𝓲𝓼𝓬𝓾𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷 Norah had worked her entire life up to this moment. Driving for a formula one team was...