The Tyrant King's Queen

By anjay_writess

"Look at me properly and try to remember." He implored her, his silvery eyes boring into hers. Maya raised he... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60/Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1(First day of spring.)
New Book!-His Mail Order Bride

Chapter 13

28.4K 1.3K 60
By anjay_writess

( Two weeks later)

        Naomi walked up to the insistent knock at the villa's door. Wiping her dirty hands on the apron, a frown her on her face, she wondered who it was. It couldn't be her princess and his highness, Prince Dexter, they already told her they wouldn't be coming home until lunchtime. A small smile touched her lips on remembering her princess. The young lady had dragged the prince out for a walk when she caught him worrying yet again, stating it was good for him.

       She arrived at the door and pulled it open, startling whoever was behind it. Naomi froze seeing the clothes the stranger's body. A Royal messenger from the palace.

       The stranger bowed before stretching out a piece of parchment with a royal seal to her. " For the Princess." He announced, his voice gruff. Naomi stared at it for the longest time before taking from the man's hands, her brows furrowed. Whatever was in it, she was sure it won't be good.

      " Would that be all?" She asked, holding it firmly at her side. The messenger nodded. " Yes." He inclined his head once again, taking a step back. " Have a great day."

       Naomi watched him leave before closing the door behind her, letting the displeasure she felt seep to the surface. Just when things was going alright, something just had to ruin it. She gripped the parchment in her hands, almost crushing it. She could only hope whatever was written in it, wasn't that bad of a news.

         That thought settled in her mind, she resolved to give it to her princess once she arrived.
.
.
.
        Today had to be the best day of Maya's life and it hadn't even ended yet! She grinned as she skipped ahead, leaving Dexter to trail behind her, a content look on his face. After seeing Dexter worrying once again, she had drawn him out, insisting a walk was good for him. He'd kept the sour mood on until they arrived at the river where she spent the next minutes explaining how she found him before proceeding to splash him with water.

        Before long, they had been a full fledged water fight, with Dexter getting hit most of the time. She watched as his frown turned into a smile before growing into laughter, laughing along with him. Her body warmed and cheeks tingled when she remembered the one time he caught her, grabbing her from behind, his lean body blanketing hers, filling her with heat thanks to their wet clothes.

      She'd been too stunned to move, so she just stood there, letting Dexter wrap his around her, his head resting on her shoulder. She felt his breath on her neck and her cheeks and heated up even further. He muttered his thanks there, his voice so low she wouldn't have heard it if he wasn't so close. Shivers ran down her spine and she swallowed nervously. She replied him and watched as his hold tightened on her.

      It was then she decided that was the end of their water fight. Once he let her go, she raced out of the water, her entire face as red as a tomato. They spent the next few moments squeezing water out of their clothing before deciding to go home since it was getting cold.

      Now, they were soaked but positively in a good mood. She bit her lips, playing with hair and she walked ahead, her heart still racing. It still felt so unreal.

     " What are you thinking about?" Dexter asked and she jumped, her heart skipping a beat. When did he get so close?

     " Uh... Nothing." She mumbled, peeking a look at his face. Dexter raised a brow at her flushed cheeks but didn't say anything, his eyes flickering... The villa soon came to view and Maya walked even faster. She was breathless by the time she arrived the hostel, her emotions already in control. Knocking once, she didn't have to wait long before the door was pulled open, and Naomi appeared.

      " My princess...." Naomi paused seeing her wet clothes. Maya looked away, hiding her reddened face behind her hands. Her gaze went up to Dexter whose clothes was even wetter, the corner of his mouth quirked up. " Did you two fall into the river?" She asked instead.

       " Something like that..." Maya whispered, her voice barely audible. Dexter chuckled then. Maya snapped her head up to look at him. He was staring at her, stifling his laughter. She glared at him, her lips trembling as well.

         Naomi shook her head and gestured Maya inside, " Then you need to get changed. It's been awfully chilly these days. You will get a cold, if you haven't already..." She said, her voice stern. Maya wanted to protest but that's web. She realised she was shivering. How did she not notice?

      Casting Dexter a suspicious look, she guided Maya in, Dexter following behind them. " That reminds me..." Naomi suddenly said, pausing in her tracks. " A message came from the Royal palace earlier today."

       Hearing her nanny's word's, Maya stiffened, glancing at her nanny. " A message, what did it say?" She sounded wary.

      " I don't know, it was sealed." Naomi replied. That only made Maya worry more, her mind reeling. What could possibly be written in it that they had to seal it?

      " Bring it to me." She ordered. Naomi inclined her head before disappearing into one of the rooms. Maya dyoof there, wrapping her hands around herself even as she wondered what it could be. Whatever it was, she was sure it won't be good. Swallowing nervously, she tried to keep a straight face.

       Naomi returned with the parchment soon after. Collecting it from her, Maya tore it open and began reading the contents. Her eyes flared, her fingers tightening on the paper but there was no other reaction. Folding the piece of paper neatly, she passed it on to Naomi who collected it from her, casting her a worried glance. She took in a deep breath, closing he eyes. When she opened it, they were a lot darker, her lips set into a hard line.

       " What does it say?" Naom asked worriedly.

      " I'll say the details later. For now, I'll be in my room." She replied, her voice frigid. Her eyes caught Dexter's worried gaze and she stiffened, her eyes flashing. She tried to smile but it didn't quite come out right. Giving up, she walked out of the room, leaving the two confused.

         Whatever was written in that letter had sucked out whatever happiness she had in heart. Now, only anger was left.
.
.
.
         Dinner was the only time Maya stepped out of her room. And her mood still hadn't improved. It caused an unnatural tension to hang in the air, seeing the usual cheerful princess, quiet as a tomb. Naomi, already used to her princess behavior just served her dinner, leaving her alone. It was Dexter who kept peering at her, wondering what went wrong.

     " They're moving the time I'll be leaving forward" Maya suddenly announced, surprising everyone on the table. " It's no longer three months from now. I just have a month left."  She was still glaring at her plate. " They said it's to teach me everything I need to know before my debutante." She scoffed, gritting her teeth. " Damn right, it is.." she muttered underneath breath.

        Naomi paused, confused. " But it's not bad news..." she began.

      " I know, it's just..." She trailed off, exasperated." Thinking about it just makes me sick to my stomach. I knew it was coming, I just didn't expect it to be so soon! Plus, maids and a dozen other people would be arriving here starting from next week! I'm going to start dealing with so many people!!" She groaned out loud, grabbing her forehead, her eyes narrowing in anger.

      She let out a breath, leaning back on her chair. " I'm losing my appetite just thinking about it." She mumbled to herself.

       Dexter cleared his throat. Maya paused, glancing at him. He was watching her with concern-filled eyes.  " Will you be okay?" He asked gently, shocking her. How could she forget Dexter was here?! That was so unladylike of her! She slapped herself mentally as she tried to think of what to say.

       "Y-yes. I will be." She stuttered, heat rising to her cheeks. He nodded, a soft look in his eyes before continuing with his meal. The rest of dinner proceeded in silence.

       They were soon through eating and Naomi came to clear the table, leaving the two alone. Maya hesitated a bit, playing with her fingers." When will you be leaving?" Maya finally asked, breaking the silence.

        Dexter glanced at her, shrugging. " Soon." Was all he said.

        " Okay..." Maya muttered. As an afterthought added " You'll let us know, right? When you will be leaving of course."

        His lips twitched then. " Sure."

       Maya nodded, standing to her feet. " I'll be in my room then, have a goodnight."

        " You too."

       She let out a small smile before walking up to her room, leaving Dexter alone. Naomi sttived

     " Where is she??" Naomi asked when she saw her empty chair.

     " She went back to her room." Dexter replied and she seemed even more distressed. It caused him to ask the next question bothering him. " Why did she react like that?"

     " Unlike you, my princess absolutely hates her family. It's not surprising if you check how they treat her." She let out a sigh. " Things are only going to get harder for her now."

       Dexter kept quiet, having nothing to say.
.
.
.
        Dexter stood close to his window, his gaze unseeing, a faraway look in his eyes. His room was chilly and the night air even colder but he barely noticed it. He was engrossed in his thoughts. It was late in the night but he was yet to sleep. Beside him, a sword glistened in the moonlight. It was the sword Maya had gifted him along with other supplies she had gotten a month ago. As much as he was grateful for the gift, he also understood more than anything what they implied. He hadn't heard from his kingdom for so long, it was threatening to drive him crazy.

      He'd been hiding for way too long, everyone probably believes he's dead. Except for the person behind this of course. This isn't going to be a happy return. He had to do what needs to be done. He is coming back from the dead.
.
.
.
       Maya woke the sound of someone knocking her door. She blinked her eyes open, still groggy from sleep. Glancing around, she saw it was still dark out. The knock came again, loud enough to hear but not enough to disturb anyone else.

    She picked up the bed-side candle and trudged to the door, pushing it open. Dexter was the one behind it. Her breath caught in her throat, she glanced up at him but his face was hidden. "Dexter?" She whispered, confused. He was wearing the cloak she bought for him. Is this what she thinks it is?

     He pulled down the hood to look at her clearly, his eyes glowing in the dim lighting. One look at his attire and it confirmed her worst fears.

     " You're leaving..." She stated, unable to keep the sadness from her voice.

     " Yes." Was all he said.

       Her grip tightened on the candlestand and she bit her lips to keep it from trembling. She fought to keep her emotions in check. Managing a neutral look, she glanced up at him. " Have you told my nanny already?" She asked but he was already shaking his head.

     "  I just wanted to tell you."  He said. Something about his words made her feel all fluttery inside even in the midst of such heartache. A part of her wanted to beg him to stay but she knew it was of no use. Their meeting had been purely circumstancial. Trying to make the most of the little time they had together, she managed a smile.

       " Let me see you off." She began, cutting off when he began shaking her head. She frowned. " I insist, it's the least I can do anyway."

        Dexter didn't try to argue. Making her wear a robe over her nightclothes, he lead her out of the mansion, their steps soundless. Gently opening the door, they made it out of the mansion to the stable. The night air was chilly, seeping into her skin and she had to clench her teeth to keep it from shaking. They made it to the stables but Maya stayed outside, watching Dexter walk in. Moments later, he was coming out with his horse, all his supplies saddled onto it.

       It was becoming harder for Maya to control her emotions. Thank heavens it's dark out, or he would be seeing the tears in her eyes.

     " Time to go?" She asked and he nodded, his gaze holding hers. " Stay safe. Be careful." She whispered softly.

     " I will..." he replied.

     Maya nodded, blinking back the tears that threatened to spill. " So... It's goodbye?"

     " For now."

     She reached out her hands for a shake. " It was a pleasure meeting you, Prince Dexter." She said. He reached out his hands too but instead of shaking her, pulled her into a hug. Maya stiffened for a while but the shock soon wore off and she found herself wrapping her around him tightly, her face buried in his chest.

     " Likewise, Maya." He whispered into her hair, his voice thick with emotions. The tears she had been fighting fought their way to the surface, spilling out of her eyes. He pulled away, lifting her head up to look at her. Cleaning her tears with his fingers, he stared at her. She was going to miss him so much. Letting her go, he walked up to his horse, ready to mount.

       Maya watched him go. Wondering why he was still hesitating. In an instant, he was back to her again. She was about to ask what was wrong when she felt his lips on hers. She froze over, completely. His lips ran over her, saying things he would never be able to out into words. Maya could only stand there, letting him kiss her senseless.

     He let her go, breathing heavily. Her eyes were still wide with shock. "Be careful. I'll be back."  He whispered to her, his voice hoarse. He mounted his horse then, snapping the reins. The horse neighed before galloping into the dark. She watched him go, till he disappeared out of sight.

               Till they meet again.
.
.
.
         Morning arrived and Maya sat at her mirror, a dazed expression on her face as she absentmindedly played with the broshce she saw on him the day she found him. She heard footsteps approaching and soon the door flew open, a panic filled Naomi rushing in.

       " My princess! His highness isn't anywhere in this mansion!! I've searched everywhere for him... He isn't in his room either!" She exclaimed, frantic.

       " I know..." Came Maya's gentle reply. Naomi stopped, surprised at her Princess reaction.

        " What?"

       " He left at dawn." Maya continued. Naomi grew confused.

       " He... Left? How do you know that?"

       " He told me. And I saw him off." She picked up the broshce, running it over in her hands once again. Naomi just stood there, wondering why her Princess was behaving this way.

        Maya closed her eyes, reminiscing the memories she made earlier this morning. All good things must come to an end. And this did. She could only hope for the future where they would meet again. Placing the broshce on the table, Maya rose to her feet.

      " Nanny, could you help me dress up?"

       Naomi recognized her request for what it was and sighed, closing the topic. She bowed her head.

         " Yes, my princess."

Author's note:
End of flashback!!! 
This chapter was the hardest to write. One of my longest too!!
Now we know who our characters are!😊😊
Who is excited for the journey?! I know I am....
See you in the next chapter 🙈🙈🙈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 318 60
A family, full of deceitful maniacs... A kingdom ruled by tyranny, yet the people aren't aware... A story full of lies and deceit, woven to manipulat...
1M 52.2K 73
‟Tonight shall be the first and last night that we spend together, Gianita, for I do not intend to produce heirs by this marriage. The Prince would s...
197K 6.3K 52
As much as Kimberly Astor hated to admit it, she had a slight problem. Okay, so it was theoretically a major problem, but it wasn't entirely her faul...
36.8K 2.6K 34
2023 December Book of the Month @CupidOnTour @WattpadSeries General Fiction Feature JUNE 2023 @HistoricalFiction 'Rise of Civilization' Reading List...