~ CONNECTED HEARTS~bykulsum

By KaltumSleem

They say opposites attract....! Are they destined to be? Or is it a match made in heaven? Meet Kaltoom Kabir... More

Chapter one (1) Meet Kaltoom
Chapter two (2) Relatable Mr. Ego
Chapter three (3) an eye for an eye
Chapter four (4) a rainy day
Chapter five(6)A clash
Chapter (7)meet humaira
Chapter eight(8) Laila's choice
Chapter nine(9) the date
Chapter Ten (10) lets make it official
Chapter eleven (11) Lets make it official (2)
Chapter twelve(12)The dinner night
Chapter thirteen(13) knowing Mr. Ego
CHAPTER FOURTHEEN (14)Mall incident
Chapter fifteen (15) goodbyes
Chapter sixteen(16) Texting
Chapter seventeen(17) Dream guy
Chapter eighteen(18) other woman vibe
Chapter nineteen (19) Mrs muhammad
Chapter twenty(20) Embarrasment
Chapter twenty one(21) Blind Love
Chapter 23- Breakfast pancakes
Chapter 24; A Tour Around Shanghai
Chapter 25 Dinner by the pool
Chapter 26:Enticing
Chapter 27 A Love Story
Chapter 28 Moving back
Chapter 29 Someone's jelly
CHAPTER 30 Confession worth a lifetime
CHAPTER 31 With Jalal
CHAPTER 32 An Angry Adyan
CHAPTER 33 Relief
CHAPTER 34 Undecided
Chapter 35: at the hospital
CHAPTER 36: a whole bunch of reasons
CHAPTER 37: Entangled
CHAPTER 37: Wheel of Time
CHAPTER 38: Sacrifices
CHAPTER 40: twin thing

Chapter 22-Love and Surprise!

73 10 10
By KaltumSleem

Adyan's POV

I got a call from mom saying they would be boarding the first flight to China the following day.

I was so excited, it's been four month that felt like hell(just exaggerating,but seriously). I miss them so much...They were all coming except Khairiya who had started her final exams and won't be able to make it here.

I'd miss her being around but I'll have plenty of time to make up for that once I fly back HOME! She was the most sensible one, she may be quite but she's very fun to be with and technically my human diary I could tell Khairiya everything and she would give me the best advice she was a lot like mom.

Everything felt so surreal.
It was just like yesterday when my dad informed me about my studies which would commence in China.  Dad did a lot for me especially during that time it wasn't easy securing that opportunity for me and that's why I vowed to make him proud and alhamdulilah since I began my studies I've been doing great.

Dad has always wanted me to grow and run the family business when he retires, being the first and only male child he had always done everything in his power to see that I grew to be what he wanted me to be but even as a child I had always been better with construction, designing and calculation as a result making me want to be an engineer.

He never wanted to go against my dreams that's why he let me study in my field of interest.

He had promised to let me study engineering even though I also had to promise to take  over the business.
I would keep my promise but I won't let everything I worked hard for go to waste.I love my dad dearly and I won't ever let him down.

Afdal's Mah and daddy would also be tagging along with his annoying adopted sister.

Yeah Afdal has an adopted sister, she's an Arabian from Egypt her name's Afeeyah and was adopted at twelve by Mah when she learnt she couldn't conceive again after an accident, story for another day.

I've never liked the girl one bit. Mah has spoilt her to the core and she's the reason why I had a bad impression of Kaltoom at first. They had so much in Common and if Afeeyah wasn't adopted in Egypt I would have sworn she was Kaltoom's sister, and their looks too.

Sara's Mom would also be around and a friend she mentioned. All in all it was gonna be a big event, like all three of us having our family around! Pure bliss!!

Sara is over excited, prior to her mood yesterday.

Right now we are helping Sara shop for her mini family get together which we were warmly invited. I was so tired except for Afdal whom I bet didn't mind, that guys wife is one lucky woman I must admit.

She was making some Ethiopian dish which he was gladly gonna help her out with and I would be napping till they are done. Sara's mom would be arriving in six hours time and the girl was too happy.
Can't blame her.

I decided to call Kaltoom and chit chat the last time I heard from her was yesterday, we chatted but then her voice!

She wasn't picking and five minutes later a text popped in my phone.
Hey sorry I'll get back to you later

I sent her an Okay take your time and drift to sleep.

Afdal's family arrived an hour ago. They were so tired and it was almost midnight so after exchanging pleasantries and all they were left alone in their hotel till the next day.

Adyan was doing some work in his system when he received a message and a call came in immediately.
It was his dad who had called to inform him they were on their way to his suite since he informed them the Hamid's weren't staying there.
He was exhilarated.

The house was very big but Afdal's parent decided to stay in hotel.

Adyan got up and cleared his study table the house was very clean. Since Afdal went to stay with his parents and sister for the night he was left all alone.

He wore a thick hoodie that was hanging on the coat hanger and walked elegantly as he would called it "fastly" outside to receive his parent.

The sky looked so beautiful as if on anticipation of his parents arrival as well, he thought of all the fun they would have before they fly off to Nigeria.

The gate automatically opened snapping him out of his thoughts as a blue Mercedes Benz followed by another Benz made it entry into the crib.

If Adyan was a girl he would have been squealing in happiness cause that was an understatement to what he felt so instead he was grinning from ear to ear.

The cars halt as his dad Alhaji Salman and his queen mother Mrs Salman gracefully sauntered out in all her grace. He didn't know how it happened but he found himself right in front of both parents.

"Mom,Dad!! Welcome!" He said as his mom pulled him into a hug he so longed for he missed her so much and he felt his eye moist, both parents were smiling proudly at their son his dad also gave him a hug but not as long as the one his momma gave him.

"Uhmm uhmm..." Laila cleared her throat dramatically behind them.
"Laila oh allah I've missed you" Adyan said as he went to his sister and gave her a hug.

"I thought you forgot my existence while you were with your mama and papa" she teased and he pulled her cheeks playfully.

"Daddy kaganshi koh... I've just arrived and he wants to ruin my beautiful facial skin" Laila complained earning a chuckle from KALTOOM! Who came out of the car.

"You?.... Adyan said in disbelief

"No one told me you were coming..." he said his happiness evident in his voice.

"Well should I go back?" She joked and Adyan nodded No as he kept beaming.

"It was supposed to be a surprise you know..." Laila said sarcastically

"And stop grinning like that your cheek would hurt" she teased him again and ran to her mom who was walking into the main house her dad followed suite as the drivers helped to bring down their luggage into the house leaving behind the two.

She was wearing a blue high waist skirt and a black body suit and her blue hijab was nicely done in a modern style making her look like one of those Instagram hijabi models. He couldn't make out what she was wearing on her feet's but he could almost swear it's a heel.. yes he knew her that much!

"So.... how was your trip? He asked to clear the intense atmosphere.

"Hmm... exhausting alhamdulilah!" She smiled.

"I wish I could give you a halal hug right now" he thought and the smile she gave him assured him that  he said that out loud... And she smiled

Oh! That smile! It's doing things to him, things he couldn't explain, in a good way and he loved what he was feeling he want to keep feeling this... and right there and then he knew she was the one! He knew he wanted her and he knew that what his cousin told him was true... he was indeed in love with this human, and the feeling was out of this world.

He knew he wanted to spend his entire life with her, she was the one , his other half cause he never felt this way towards any girl before.

The sound of cars moving was what brought him out of his reverie. And she was gone!

For how long have he been standing there alone? Thinking,Five minutes? Ten minutes? He had no count..

He smiled sheepishly Kaltoom had that much impact on him. Yah Allaah! She does!

He was supposed to be sweeping her out of her feet but she was the one having that impact on him. Right then he knew he was done for! Lol

He jogged into the house and found his mom and dad in the sitting room with his mom giving him a look he couldn't quite interpret, though he knew it was a harmless one. he made hot coffee for them knowing how the two were so into coffee and asked what they would eat as his dad assured him they already stopped by a restaurant and ate to their satisfaction before heading here.

"We know better than to come to a bachelors house empty stomach" he said as they laughed while an embarrassed Adyan scratched his nape.His parents got up and walked to their room since they weren't  guest in the house.

What bothered him was where the girls where... and then it clicked!

Dafuq!!

This girls!!!

Hey there wattpadians!! How are y'all doing
And HC....?

What are your thoughts on the chapter?
Where do you think the girls are?laila and Kaltoom we know better than to trust those two... I mean.. well.....

Please if you enjoyed the chapter do consider to vote comment and share.

love y'all ✨🌟⭐️💫
Kulsum

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.3K 11.3K 74
~BOOK 3 IN THE DESIRES SERIES~ STARTED. ON 20-JANUARY-2021 FINISHED. ON 15-OCTOBER-2021 #1 in mothers. On. 7-08-2021 #1 in introvert...
26.3K 3.5K 22
A story depicting two different people struggling with their lives and a simple arrangement changing both their lives. Sumayya Mahmoud is a stubborn...
2.3K 287 21
Two people of different worlds living in the same planet. When fate took an unexpected turn and unite them in the least of ways they could expect, w...
6.3K 811 28
A WORK OF FICTION. Tales Of The Heart could come in different forms. My story might be different from yours, her story may be similar to yours, our s...