Not Another Love Story

By xoLadyA

Jenifer Lamcaster is on her happy way to success. Until her restaurant is the crime scene of an attack with a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 14

2 1 0
By xoLadyA

"We are still searching for the two vampires that attacked a werewolf and I am sure that you are doing your best too, because a war between werewolves and vampires would not be beneficial for either side." said Tom Goldman after he presented a summary of what happened at my restaurant. I already knew, everyone in the room knew, but he just decided that going through the story again would help the vampires remember some crucial information that would help them find the two vampires. That didn't happen and the vampires in the room were already bored and remained civil just because they respected Tom. But even that respect wasn't going to last forever.

"What about the noisy restaurant owner and her friend?" asked a blonde vampire from a table on the right.

Hey, he was talking about myself and Kevin. Asshole!

"We took care of that."

Yes you did take care of that mister vampire lord! He actually believed what he said, and I wasn't ready yet to reveal what I am and what I can do. I wasn't even sure what I was or what I could do. Witch? Maybe, who knows? And what else was I capable of?

"Good! We don't want anyone else to get hurt because they are too curious for their own good." another lady vampire with a glass of champagne in hand said.

I wasn't sure if she wanted to protect me and Kevin or kill us herself. Maybe both and she just couldn't decide. Maybe she was that one vampire that drank blood and she wanted our blood. But then I knew she wasn't that. However the superpower of just knowing stuff about people worked, I was still discovering it, hoping it would get easier.

"The werewolves asked me to let them have the two vampires and do whatever they want with them." lord Goldman continued. Was he actually called a lord? Or was it just a joke? "I agreed to their terms. Of course, after we have our time with the two of them and find out who they are and what they are doing here.'' His serious tone just turned on half of the female vampires in the room and I chose not to feel embarrassed that my superpowers allowed me to know stuff like that. Not weird at all!

"So, I ask each and every one of you to do your best to catch them. It's very important to end this, especially now that I got confirmation that a group of hunters are in town."

Like turning a switch on, the room filled with fear. But no one was showing it and thanks to my abilities, I just knew it. Damn, those fucking vampires were all good actors. I was starting to appreciate my magic more and more. So, there were vampire hunters? Were they hunting werewolves too? Did Stephanie know?

"And whatever happens, don't hesitate to call me. Now, let's enjoy the rest of the evening." With that said, Tom Goldman went straight to the bar and poured himself some whiskey and the others seemed to relax and started chatting between them. I was really happy that he didn't talk more, but if the vampires were going to have a party how was I going to leave the building and not be noticed? I chose to stay put for a few more minutes and hope that the path will be clear and I could sneak out without bumping into anyone. Suddenly, all those cool vampires started acting like horny teenagers and half of them wanted to find someone to shag. That was one of the moments when I hated my abilities and started wondering why me.

Steven, Chris and Tom were coming towards the corner where I was and stopped so close to me that I could hear what they were saying. Lucky me to listen to their secret conversation.

"Do you think it was the best idea to make her forget about vampires?" Chris asked Tom.

"She didn't seem to freak out about all that." Steven added.

"As much as I would like to have Jenifer Lancaster on our side, now it's not a good time. With the hunters around, she is already in danger. If the hunters find out that she knows about us, they will do anything to take the information out of her and then she'll end up dead." Tom was serious. And I realized that I had to breathe. Oh shit, they were protecting me? "That's why you have to keep an eye on her and make sure she is safe. The hunters probably know about what happened at her restaurant and even if she doesn't know anything, she might still be in danger."

I had to remind myself that I was invisible and hugging them wasn't a good idea at that moment. Next time, Jen.

"We will make sure she is safe," Steven nodded. "And maybe in the future we can tell Jen the truth? When she'll be safe from hunters."

"It will be my pleasure." with a node, Tom went away, leaving the two brothers behind.

"Do you think he knows what I did?" Steven asked his brother when Tom Goldman started another conversation with two vampires.

"No. And even if he finds out, you'll be fine. He's cool. And you made Jen forget about it." taking a sip from his drink, Chris put his arm around Steven's shoulders.

"I think you're right. I just feel bad for what I did to Jen."

"Then you can make it up to her by keeping her safe." they started walking towards the stairs, leaving me alone in my corner. My heroes!

Too bad they didn't get the memo that I didn't forget anything they wanted me to and I didn't actually need them to keep me safe. Who knows, I might be even more powerful than them. When they decide it's safe enough for me to know about vampires and all that, they will be surprised, not me.

Fortunately, those vampires weren't the party monster type and they started to leave. Or they found someone to have sex with and didn't want to wait any longer. I didn't care as long as I could leave. When the last group of vampires were preparing to leave and close the building, I went downstairs and, grateful that someone left the door open, I went outside, hearing the last vampires' footsteps behind me. Cars were leaving the place and soon I knew that it would be empty, so I started towards my car, grateful to move my body after staying in that corner and not daring to move and make any noise. Maybe I could find a way to make others not notice me even if I was going to scream in their face. I wonder if that's how ghosts feel.

When I got to my car, I stopped, searching for the keys. I felt a pinch in my left arm, then I started feeling dizzy. When I looked I saw something like a dart in my left arm. Was that poison? I started to dissipate whatever that was from my body while my vision started to get blurry and then darkness engulfed me.

When I woke up, I felt like I was spinning and my whole body hurt. Doing my best to not throw up, I opened my eyes and it took me a few seconds to remember what happened when I fell asleep. Oh shit! That explained why I was in an abandoned warehouse, tied to a chair. But I was invisible, wasn't I? Oh shit, I was invisible only to vampires. Note to self: next time, make yourself invisible to everyone... and everything.

When the wave of nausea hit me, I closed my eyes, doing my best to relax. It wasn't working very well. Then I heard footsteps and realized that the nausea was because of that other person. Wishing that I still had my airpods in my ears and music playing in them, I did my best to relax.

"You're already awake! I thought that dose will make you sleep for a while and I'll have time to catch your friend too. But I can play with you first."

The voice was getting closer and I kept my eyes shut. How did he know that I woke up? Maybe he didn't. But then I felt his breath on my face and opened my eyes.

"Please take your stinky breath away from my face!"

He started laughing, then took a few steps away from me.

"I missed you too, witch!"

Ok, so he knew me and knew that I was a witch. But I had no idea who he was and I am sure I would've remembered at least his bald head and the scar on the left side of his face from the temple to the chin. Or those cold blue eyes.

"Who the hell are you?"

Noticing my confusion, he just looked at me for a few seconds, like he was trying to read me.

"You don't remember me?"

"No. And I think you kidnapped the wrong gal, dude!"

Sneering, he put his hands on the chairs arms and put his ugly face in front of me again. I was, for sure, going to puke in his face.

"Jenifer Lancaster, owner of the most famous restaurant in the town." ok, so he knew who I was. Shit. "Also a witch! Or what have you done since the last time we met? You didn't use your magic, or I would've found you earlier. And you sure didn't hide, because you're pretty famous. But you made yourself forget everything, didn't you? Including your magic. Smart move. I almost lost you. But not smart enough."

He wasn't asking me any questions, and I didn't want to blow up the surprise about my magic. Not yet. And I needed answers.

"So, who the hell are you? And what do you want from me?"

"Oh, my dear, I am your worst nightmare. And I want to kill you in the most painful way."

Great.

"With your stinky breath? Because it works."

He didn't move or say anything else. Just kept staring at me for a few more seconds. I was looking back at him, not letting him scare me. Then he went away and I was grateful that I could breathe again without his sticky breath in my face. I was already starting to feel better. Then he came back with a chair that he put in front of me and sat down.

"It's not the same to kill you if you don't remember me. So, I'm going to tell you a story." he smiled, and his face got ten times more creepy. That was enough reason to make me want to erase all my memories with him. Hell, I was sure I was going to do it again.

"So, torturing me with your stinky breath and boring me to death with a story. Everyone's dream of dying."

"Unfortunately you forgot to get rid of your bad sense of humor."

"Yeah, well, it's only bad if you're dumb enought to not get it. So, please, tell me who the fuck are you and how do you know me!" I tried to sound relaxed. I also tried to make myself comfortable on that chair, but my hands and legs were tied up to that fucking chair and there was nothing confortable in that.

"It will be my pleasure, witch!" He smiled again and I closed my eyes, trying to think of kittens, but his creepy face was hunting me. Opening back my eyes, I started imagining him as a funny dumb cartoon caracter. That was better.

"We met when you were fourteen years old. I found you and your friend, the other witch playing in a forest, far away from here. Imagine my surprise, seeing the first two witches in decades. I made sure they were extinct and I am going to keep it that way."

Wait, was he talking about Kevin?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92 0 13
Akira is a young adult who's finally leaving her dad's house to go off to college. She meets a boy named Kai in her culinary class. To her very exist...
230K 10.2K 44
Werewolves and Vampires is the story of, you guessed it, werewolves and vampires. Lila Silver had been a pretty normal girl until her sixteenth birth...
1.7K 110 33
COMPLETED!! Hope you enjoy! ------------ He just stared at me with a devilish look on his face. Before you know it, he grabbed my arm and started to...
60.1K 488 53
Old friend. New killer. Are the two connected somehow? Bella Cullen's old friend Brooke Hale, visits her from Florida. Meanwhile, there's a new vamp...