Falling (Dean Winchester)

Από writerqueenff

You can barely stand Dean Winchester. His womanizer attitudes and his flirty nature get in your nerves like n... Περισσότερα

Why are weddings sad
Dean the Dick
How to ignore your roommate (having sex)
Pretend he doesn't exist
When he holds my hand
How to Be-Friend
Oh my, am I in love?
How To Fall In Love With Dean Winchester
Making the Moves
We're hot-blooded
Casual encounters of the Dean kind
Secret romances are sweeter
The Knight and The Princess
Hey! I love you

What are friends for?

508 11 0
Από writerqueenff

When you think about it, you still feel amazed by the fact that you didn't fight even once with Dean on your road trip to your grandmothers' and from it. Truth to be told, on the way there, you barely had the head to think about anything beyond your grief. However, after the funeral was over, Dean and you decided to go back home despite your mother's insistence on staying for a few days. You had work to do, and so did Dean. After your talk in the backyard, something akin to tranquility settled between you. It was beyond a peace offering, more like an understanding that your feelings for each other were not completely hostile. Thus, it had the grounds to become something more. Maybe, and much to your dismay and Meg's probable happiness, a friendship. It was so likely that on your way back, you decided to take the long trip.

Driving to your grandmother's funeral was meant to be practical and fast, that's why you didn't make any stops and kept on driving day and night. You had no such hurry to get home. Dean made sure to reassure you several times that he had taken a three-leave of absence from his work. Therefore -and because Dean refused to let you drive Baby again- you had made a stop at a motel in the middle of the trip. You even shared a room -with two beds, thankfully- and nothing beyond a friendly banter happened. You liked this Dean Winchester better than the other one. Or maybe he has always been like this, and it's just the first time you've noticed. Perhaps Meg and Castiel were right all along.

Either way, after what happened that weekend, your relationship with Dean was considerably better. You wouldn't go as far as to call you friends so soon, but with time it could potentially be an option. That's why, when he invited you again to watch Dr. Sexy , you couldn't say no to him. If this, whatever you were going to have, was going to work, it needed effort from both of your parts. He had already done a lot when he took you to the funeral and held your hand through the whole thing. The least you could do was watch some ugly show with him. And that's precisely how it started.

Together, you would watch Dr. Sexy every chance you got. At first, you would view it in silence, but then, as you got more invested in the show, you started to discuss the plot with him. That's how you figured out that he was a real geek for Dr. Sexy ; he recounted to you all the previous seasons before the one you were currently watching. He then also told you that it was his second time watching the show. Apparently, a new season was about to air soon. In preparation for it, you went through all the previous seasons for the next month. In all honesty, it was a record how you managed to watch 7 seasons in that kind of time. Considering you had to balance it with each of your schedules. That's how living with Dean became easier. However, and despite your shared fangirling, you didn't spend any time together besides when you watched the show. That's why you were kind of surprised when Dean showed up at your work one morning.

It had been a busy week. You had a presentation in a few days about the project you were currently working on. As soon as you got to work, your boss started to bombard you with tasks and corrections. You had half a mind to run away and hide in the bathroom. You didn't, you put on your grown-up pants and buckled up to the job. However, focusing so much on something had its downsides. One of which was that you tended to forget everything else. That includes your lunch.

"Honey," the kind cleaning lady named China calls you. You're so engrossed in your computer screen, you don't pay attention. "Honey," she says, louder this time.

"Um? I'm sorry, China, what is it?"

She smiles in secrecy, "there's a handsome lad in the reception asking for you."

You look at her confused, "for me?" No one ever visits you at your work. Meg came once when you recently started, just to see where you worked. That's it. You aren't expecting anyone...

"He's tall, deep voice," China started to describe him to you, "bowed legs, and green eyes." Of course, you know who she's talking about.

"Dean's here?" There's no hiding the surprise in your voice.

The creases around her eyes form as she smiles. "Oh, yeah, that's what he said his name was!"

You're still shocked when you stand from your desk. "Thanks, China." The old lady is too absorbed in her imagination about Dean Winchester that she barely hears you.

While you make your way to the first floor, you can't stop thinking about the motives behind Dean's visit. The last time you talked to him was yesterday afternoon after you watched an episode of Dr. Sexy . As much as you try to remember why he could be here, you cannot think of an answer. Today is not his day off work, thus the reason must be important. Once you reach the reception, you look around trying to find your roommate. At first glance, you cannot seem to locate him, that is until you notice Marcus talking to a tall, handsome man. Usually, when your coworker is in the room, you tend to ignore whatever he's doing out of instinct. That's probably the reason why you didn't pay attention to Dean beside him. Although, you're the only one, because the Winchester is certainly attracting recognition from other people. This isn't out of the ordinary for you, and it's common for him to have people stop what they're doing to stare at him. It used to annoy you before because you knew Dean would bask in the attention. Right now, just find it an inconvenience.

He recognizes you the moment you step out of the elevator. It doesn't take a genius to notice that he is uncomfortable by whatever Marcus is telling him. You can understand why, though, the man is too close to him and his smirk tells you well enough his intentions. You quickly approach the pair.

"Hey," Dean greets you instantly, "I thought you'd never come down." He interrupts over whatever Markus was saying.

Your coworker looks at you, he cannot hide the displeasure fast enough for you not to see. It's clear that he was expecting some more alone time with the handsome Winchester. Too bad , you think, that's what he gets for being a pain in your ass.

"Sorry" you apologize, still bewildered by his visit, "I didn't know you were coming. The cleaning lady had to tell me you were asking for me. What is it?"

Before he can answer your question, Marcus steps up. "You know each other?" The smile on his face is obviously fake. "What a small world!"

Now it's your turn to be confused. "You two know each other as well?" You didn't know Marcus and Dean were acquaintances. Although, judging by the fact that he refuses to fully acknowledge Marcus, something bad must have happened between them.

"Of course!" Your coworker agrees instantly. "Dean and I go a long way back." He takes a step into his direction, only for Dean to take one towards you, and away from him.

The Winchester laughs nervously, "I wouldn't say way back ," he meets your gaze, "we met out in a bar like three months ago."

Marcus turns slightly red on the face from being discovered. "I'd say three months is long enough, don't you think?" You're not sure if the question is for you or for your roommate, but neither of you answer. When he realizes that no one's gonna add anything else to his comment, he murmurs your name, "how long have you known Dean?"

There's a spark on his eye that tells you he's going to do whatever it takes to impress Dean, just like he does when your boss is around. Oh, no, you're not going down without a fight, you are tired of Marcus' little games. "I met Dean when we were freshmen in college."

"Yeah," Dean adds, "we instantly became friends." Then, he puts an arm around you. You try not to stare at him with a what-the-fuck face. You're not sure what he's playing at.

"I see," Mark murmurs. "Well, I'm certainly surprised, you're obviously someone a person cannot be only friends with."

He looks at Dean up and down with a suggestive smile. Marcus is about to add something else when another voice interrupts from afar, calling his name. When you look back, you see your boss with their hands in their pockets and a deep frown on their face. Marcus gasps lowly, apologizes and instantly rushes to their side. Well, looks like someone is in trouble. If you didn't think they were screwing, now you definitely do.

"Will you look at that?" Your roommate thinks out loud.

"I know, right?"

There are no other words that need to be said while you watch Marcus and your boss walk away. Even Dean noticed the tension. As soon as they are out of your sight, you turn to him.

"How do you know Marcus?" He shakes his head with a you-don't-want-to-know look. You comply and change the topic, "why did you come here?" The expression on his face instantly changes. He smiles and then raises a bag in his hand.

"You forgot lunch." The sentence is so domestic that it throws you off balance.

"What?"

He repeats himself, "you forgot lunch". There's a certain softness and his voice that you're surprised to recognize.

"Oh... Well, thanks?" It's a wonder all together that Dean is visiting you at work, now it's even more of a shock that he brought you your food.

"No problem." The smirk on his face doesn't vanish. You receive the meal. For a few seconds you stay there, staring at each other with no words left. "I... I guess I'll see you at home?"

"Yeah. Again, thanks." He only nods once and walks away.

Dean Winchester bringing your lunch to work is definitely odd, but even more so the fact that you kinda liked it.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

1.2K 75 69
Supernatural Fanfiction. A woman (Sam's ex) joins Sam and Dean on a hunt. It was supposed to be temporary, but she gets brought into it. The main c...
12.8K 432 47
At the end of yet another successful hunt, Sam and Dean Winchester are gifted a very unexpected call for help from their beloved angel, Castiel. The...
9.6K 242 29
Two Hunters on their own, with nothing but their friendship to guide them, besides how they grew up, it had been a very successful two years. Until t...
50K 1.1K 16
Dean might be the most stubborn person you could ever meet but he can't hide the fact that he might be falling for a angel .... LITERALLY.