Gemsona AU: Black Diamond

By Jss2141

The youngest and most disrespected of the Diamonds, Black Diamond wanted nothing more than to be treated as a... More

Ch. 1: Bio
Ch. 2: The Gauntlet Is Thrown
Ch. 3: Black Diamond's "Court"
Ch. 4: Pink Fury VS Dark Determination
Ch. 5: Reactions and Results
Ch. 6: Feeling Blue?
Ch. 7: Black Vs Blue, Rage and Sorrow
Ch. 8: New Plans, New Fury
Ch. 9: Resting and Planning
Ch. 10: Two New Friends
Ch. 11: The Results of Training
Ch. 12: Dark Heat and Gold Light, Clash of Wills
Ch. 13: Healing
Ch. 14: Changing the Game
Ch. 15: New Recruit
Ch. 17: Hopeful Darkness vs Despairing Light, Part 2
Ch. 18: Hopeful Darkness vs Despairing Light, Part 3
Ch. 19: Hopeful Darkness vs Despairing Light, Part 4
Ch. 20: Hopeful Darkness vs Despairing Light, Part 5
Ch. 21: Hopeful Darkness vs Despairing Light, Part 6
Ch. 22: The Next Step

Ch. 16: Hopeful Darkness vs Despairing Light, Part 1

972 23 7
By Jss2141

-Day of the Final Battle-

Everyone of Homeworld was reunined to see the biggest battle their entire race has ever been witness to. All gems from all courts wanted to watch, having brought ships to use as seats when the arena seats had filled up. Others had to watch via communication devices.

Holly Blue Agate, the one who had brought Jasper to Black Diamond, was the one annoucing the battle today as the referee but first, she had a few words to the gems watching today.

"Homeworld and all the colonies beyond, before the Trial By Combat begins, I have a message to give. There has been a small rule change this time and, instead of a one on one duel, it is now a tag team battle between two teams of four gems!" Holly Blue Agate proclaimed, making everyone gasp in shock.

A tag team? But how would that be? Would Black Diamond and some lesser gems have to fight against what was four diamonds? That was madness.

"That's unfair!" A Zircon shouted from Black's side.

"If it's the other four Diamonds against Black Diamond and 3 others, how can he win?" A Jade shouted.

"This is rigged!" An Opal shouted!

Black Diamonds inner circle was in the front rows and looking around as the gems of Homeworld arguing on both sides.

"Looks like they really hate that." Left Rutile said.

"Yeah, it does seem unfair and stacked against Black." Right Rutile said. "And cowardly if you ask me."

"Shhhh!" Rhodonite shushes them. "If we win, meaning Black wins, you can bad mouth the other diamonds all you want but for now let's keep a low profile."

"That's pretty hard to do since we're Black's inner circle." Topaz said.

"She's still worried about the diamonds, understandable but you shouldn't worry so much." Aquamarine said as she patted Rhodonite's back.

"I just hope Black and the others are ready for this." Fluorite said as she crossed all of her arms.

Padparadscha was silent however.

"Padparadscha? Is something wrong?" Topaz asked, noticing the usually chatty gem's silence.

This caused everyone in Black's inner circle to gaze at her and see her stone face, like she was focusing on something with all of her being. Was she trying to gaze into the future, even when she could only predict events that have already come to pass?

"Boom!" She said with a cute voice while moving her hands.

Everyone was confused by this, wondering WHY the small "future" seer would do something like that.

"Boom?" Rutile Twins repeated.

"Boom." Padparadscha cutely repeated, even the same hand gesture.

And 'boom' it happened, a nice and large explosion took place. Everyone covered their eyes as the middle of arena exploded as the wind blew all of their hair back!

"WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?"! Rhodonite shouted in fear, ducking down out of fear.

"Showtime." Padparadscha said again, this time twirling when saying so and looking towards the explosion.

The smoke began to clear as everyone in the stadium saw that the four female Diamonds posing in the middle of the arena. This gave a shock to everyone as they couldn't remember the last time they saw White Diamond outside of her room, she mostly sent her Pearl to give orders when she needed it.

"Gems of Homeworld, The Diamonds." Holly Blue said, gesturing to the first team.

While everyone on their side cheered for them, Black Diamond's side and him himself weren't. He was currently in his palanquin with the rest of his team.

'Show offs, making such a dramatic entrance.' Black thought.

"They're pretty confident, huh?" Spinel asked as she peaked out of the palanquin with him.

"They're diamonds, it's only nature but they're in for a big surprise." Lapis said, crossing her arms.

"You got that right, as long as we keep our plan in check." Black said as he turned to his team.

"Understood, my Diamond. I'll give it everything I've got." Jasper said as she punched her hand, feeling ready for this.

Black nodded to them, thinking this was the best team of gems and group of friends he could ask for.

"This is it, my friends. The final trial that could determine Homeworld's next step. I just wanted to say thank you for coming all this far with me, no matter how long or how short you've been with me." Black Diamond said with a smile.

"You don't have to thank us, Black. If anything, we should thank you for making a court where any gem can belong." Spinel said with a kind smile.

"No matter where they started." Lapis said with a nod.

"Or how young." Jasper said with a smirk.

Black smiled at this, grateful for all of their words.

"Yeah. Now, it's time we show those old fossils that their way of thinking is long overdue for an overhaul." He said to his team.

Everyone nodded to him as they walked out of the palanquin, getting the attention of the crowd as they cheered for Black and his team though they were surprised to see the fourth member was a Jasper. Possibly the strongest looking Jasper any of them had ever seen.

"Hmm, Im surprised they actually came." Yellow said with a slightly surprised expression.

"I'm surprised he actually found suitable gems he THINKS can handle us." White Diamond said with a small smirk.

"From the looks of it, he has Spinel, a Lapis Lazuli, and an interesting Jasper." Blue said with a raised brow. "I've never seen one so strong looking before."

"She's...Huge! I never seen a Jasper so perfectly made like that." Pink said in awe before looking to Black. "Did he bring her in from Earth?"

"Hmm, it is possible but I didn't think that planet would produce a gem of THIS caliber." Yellow said, analyzing Jasper as they meet their team in the middle. "Perhaps there is more worth there then we originally thought."

"Yes." White Diamond agreed, thinking that Earth could be VERY valuable after this.

"Gems of Homeworld, Black Diamond and his team." Holly Blue said, gesturing to the second team.

Everyone in Black's court cheers for them before all eyes gazed at Holly Blue Agate, waiting for her to say anything that could make this even more intense. Holly gave a small smile, looking between the two teams as they glared at each other with intensity.

"Now, I shall explain the rules of this "Tag-Team" Combat Trial. It will be divided into throw a set of three rounds." Holy Blue said as everyone paid close attention. "The first team to 2 victories shall win."

"Huh. I thought it would be a battle royale." Spinel said, thinking out loud.

"That would mean we would have friendly fire against each other." Lapis said to her.

"Well, yeah. But still..." Spinel said with a shrug.

"I think she meant she thought it would be a full four against four right off the start." Jasper said.

"I know but still, too many people would cause friendly fire." Lapis said to her.

"The first round will begin in 3 minutes. Return to your sides and decide who will be facing the opposing team!" Holly Blue said to both teams.

Black and White nodded to this, understanding the rules.

"Ok guys. Let's huddle and make a plan." Black said to his team.

"Let us do the same." White Diamond said to her team before smirking down to Black. "I wish you the best of luck, Black."

"Thanks but I don't need it. I have complete faith in my team." Black Diamond said to her before they turned to leave.

'They're not used to working together as a team, maybe this will be the advantage we need.' Black thought.

Black didn't know the diamonds had worked on teamwork between the four of them and felt they were ready for any combination Black might throw at them with his team of powerful but normal gems.

"So, who do we send out first?" Pink asked as the three larger diamonds kneeled down before her. "It's pretty obvious that Black might not go out in the very first round."

"I think I and Pink should go." Blue said.

"Do you have a reasoning behind this choice?" Yellow asked.

"Mostly because I know you want a rematch with Black and I know they won't send him out in the first round." Blue Diamond said to Yellow. "He's their team leader and ace."

"What if they do though? We can't fully predict how they'll act." Pink said with a huff. "We're not Sapphires."

"Then we'll just have to "roll with it" as the Amethysts say." White said as she gestured to Yellow and herself. "And if he does, it will allow us to CRUSH the gems in the next round. Black is the only real threat to us."

Pink wasn't sure if that was the case. If losing to Black Diamond has taught her anything, it's that gems could surprise you a lot if trained and treated correctly. Who knows what they have in store for them?

Especially her former friend, Spinel.

'Spinel.' Pink thought as she glanced to Black's team, seeing them huddle and strategize the same as them.

"Black, I think you should let me and Lapis handle the first round." Spinel said to him.

"Are you guys sure?" He asked them with a serious face.

"Positive. You should save your strength for the second round so we can get the point in case we don't win this one." Lapis said.

Black thought about it for a moment and nodded to her, this round would make or break them in scoring the fist point.

"Very well, make sure you gals show Homeworld what we are made of." He said with a smile.

"Okay!" Lapis and Spinel said with smiles.

"It will be an honor to fight with you in the second round, Black Diamond. "Jasper said to him, eager to show the results of her training.

"The feeling is mutual, you're quite a strong fighter." Black Diamond said with a smile, remembering their training.

Both teams made up their minds as the three minute limit was up and Holly Blue Agate announced it to all.

"The time limit is up. Both sides, present your chosen fighters for the first round." Holly Blue announced.

On Black Diamond side was Lapis Lazuli, the strongest water manipulating gem of her kind, and Spine, the only of her kind that was meant to be a toy but now she was a warrior.

On White Diamond's side was Blue Diamond, the most emotional gem in the galaxy, and Pink Diamond, the most underestimated of all the diamonds.

"The teams have been decided. The first round shall be Blue and Pink Diamond vs Lapis Lazuli and Spinel of Black Diamond's Court!" Holly shouted as everyone began cheering.

'Spinel?!' Pink thought in shock, looking at her ex-friend as she glared at her.

"I hope you girls don't take me for a softie, because I know when it's time to play ROUGH." Spinel said with a determined grin, smacking her fists together.

"Believe me, she does." Lapis said as she created two water firsts from her gem, flexing them. "I do too. I'm a lot stronger than most Lazulis."

"We shall see about that." Blue said, serious and annoyed at that gem's arrogance.

"This won't end the way you think it will." Pink said, putting on a tough face to face Spinel.

"Back at you." Spinel said with a smirk.

Both diamonds glared at the two gems, finding their bravado insulting like they would never believe. Once again, Black's influence was a bad thing to them.

"Are both sides read?" Holly Blue asked, looking to both sides.

"Ready as I'll ever be." Spinel said seriously, increasing the size of her hands.

"You got that right." Lapis said, readying her water fists.

"Let us begin." Pink Diamond said as her skin flashed for a moment.

"We are ready for combat." Blue Diamond said with a controlled angry expression.

"Very well." Holly Blue said as she reached for the back of her head, her gem glowing as she pulled out her weapon in the form of an electric whip. "Let the first round of the Trial By Combat, BEGIN!"

With the large swing, Holly Blue Agate cracked her whip for all to hear, signalling the match to begin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.4K 1.5K 39
you are a gem living in little homeworld, recovering from years of corruption on earth. but thanks to the newfound peace obtained from Steven himself...
5.5K 152 23
A Steven Universe AU where Steven meets his full human counterpart. Both of them look so alike yet they're both so different in preference, personali...
170K 3K 157
The title basically tells it all. I do not own Steven Universe, nor the characters, nor the locations in Steven Universe. All rights go to Rebecca Su...
205 3 2
This entire rewrite was dedicated to GachaEvery.