The New Kind of Quiet

By voxcorr

{NEEDS EDITING} ....::::**•°✾°•**::::.... 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟏 𝐨𝐟 ❝𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬❞ ....::::**•°✾°•**... More

𝔅𝔬𝔬𝔨 1: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔑𝔢𝔴 𝔎𝔦𝔫𝔡 𝔒𝔣 𝔔𝔲𝔦𝔢𝔱
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 1
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 2
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 3
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 4
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 5
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 6
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 7
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 8
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 9
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 10
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 11
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 12
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 13
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 14
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 15
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 16
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 17
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 18
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 19
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 20
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 21
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 22
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 23
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 24
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 25
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 26
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 27
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 28
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 29
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 30
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 31
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 32
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 33
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 34
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 35
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 36
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 37
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 38
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 39
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 40
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 41
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 42
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 43
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 44
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 45
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 46
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 47
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 48
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 50
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 51
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 52
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 53
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 54
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 55
ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 56
𝔈𝔭𝔦𝔩𝔬𝔤𝔲𝔢
𝔔 & 𝔄 - 𝔔𝔲𝔢𝔰𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰
𝔔& 𝔄 - 𝔄𝔫𝔰𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔰

ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 49

71.4K 1K 2.2K
By voxcorr

FLUFF... with a twist at the end

Question for you guys (everyone is entitled to their own opinion): Fluff or smut?

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗
𝑿𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒓
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

"Are you serious?"

I looked at the small black haired girl in front of me whose face held no emotions.

"Yes I'm serious. Why do you have that look on your face?" She asked.

"What look? This is how my face normally is" I replied, still shocked by the news.

"So you normally look like a constipated fifty year old man who just got fired from his job and found out his son wasn't actually his child?" Zayn asked.

I turned to face him and the smile on his face immediately faded as he busied himself with the drink in his hands, his blonde hair falling into his face.

"Ice cubes... why aren't there ice spheres or ice prisms?" He mumbled, his gaze fixed on the ice cubes in his drinks as he twirled it in his hands.

"You aren't happy?"

My attention was brought back to my black haired girl who stood in front of me, a small frown on her face.

"You're going to kick me out now, aren't you?" She asked again, a cute frown forming on her lips.

"Of course not, princess. I'm just shocked by the news is all" I told her, wrapping my arms around her waist.

"So... you're not upset?" She asked, peering up at me.

"I'm not upset, mio cuore. Listen, I know we didn't plan for this and we're both still young but I want to raise the bab-"

"I'm kidding" She laughed, cutting me off.

"What?" I asked.

"It was a joke, Xav" She repeated with a small smile on her face.

"You should've seen your face," Zayn said, laughing.

I turned to him, glaring and he gulped, downing the drink in his hands before placing it on the table. He took his phone out of his pocket and brought it to his ear.

"What? Wyatt? You need my help with something? Yeah, okay I'm on my way" He said, running his tattooed right hand through his hair before walking towards the door.

That reminds me...

"Samuel didn't swear on the Omerta earlier, I need you or Griffin to make sure he does" I told Zayn who nodded as he walked out of the conference room.

I turned my attention back to Olive who was already staring at me.

"You aren't pregnant?" I asked, softly.

She shook her head, smiling a little. "I'm not and hopefully, it stays that way for a while. I'm still a baby, I can't even imagine having one."

I had no idea what emotion was reflected on my face but when her gaze met mine again, her face fell.

"I don't mean it in an offensive 'Oh, I don't love you and I don't want your kids' type of way, it's just that I think I'm still too young to have one, you know? I wanna, at some point, have kids with you but-"

A smile spread across my face as I pulled her into a soft and passionate kiss.

"This is the only time I'll let you shut me up with kisses and that's only because I was rambling" She murmured as I pulled away, the bridge of her nose slightly tinted.

"I love it when you talk. You have an angelic voice; it's music to my ears" I smiled at her.

Her face flushed as she looked at everything in the conference room except me.

"Do you want to know what Zayn and I were really hiding from you or not?" She asked, rolling her eyes.

"I do, I'm genuinely curious," I admitted.

She pulled away from my embrace with a soft smile on her face as she took my hand in hers leading me out of the conference room.

"Before I start, I just want you to know that it's your fault it took even longer for me to plan things out" She said.

"And how is it my fault exactly?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe because you brought me to your house in Venice yesterday while I was sleeping and I had no clue where the different rooms were and it took me thirty whole minutes to find everything" She frowned.

"I'm sorry, princess. I just wanted some time alone with you. Then Griffin called and told me about the Ivanovs he had at his place and asked to bring them over here. Before I knew what was happening, I was in a meeting with the rest of the guys" I said.

"There are other Ivanovs in the basement apart from Alyssa?" She asked as we walked down the large hallway.

"Yeah but we can worry about that after you tell me what you and Zayn were keeping from me"

Her face flushed and she looked away from me, her grip on my hand tightening slightly.

"Remember when you told me you didn't get to have a normal childhood because of the mafia?" She asked, her eyes still looking everywhere but at me.

"Yeah?"

"Well, I wanted to do something about it. So, I asked Griffin, Wyatt and his brothers to tell me what you were like when you were a kid" She continued as we walked down the hallway.

"Okay?"

"And I kinda planned activities for us to do today based on what they told me" She said. "I asked Zayn helped me plan everything and even give me pointers on what you'd prefer doing"

Oh, that makes sense. But I'm still a bit curious as to why she chose Zayn of all people to help her.

"In case you're wondering, I asked Zayn to help me because he was technically my only option. Arlo and Derrick had to deal with stuff for the Bianchis, Griffin and Miles were too busy with each other and if I had asked Wyatt, he would've spoiled the surprise" She explained.

That makes sense... I can't believe I even doubted her for a minute.

"Princess, you didn't have to" I told her as I stopped in front of the double staircases.

"I wanted to," She said, her eyes fixed on her hands in front of her.

"But-"

"No buts, you promised, remember?" She asked.

Her eyes finally returned to mine and I noticed the red tint on the bridge of her nose for the second time today.

"You said and I quote, 'You can buy me as much stuff as you want when we get to Italy'. Well, surprise surprise, we're in Italy" She said and I couldn't help the laugh that escaped my lips.

"You're right princess, I'm sorry"

"Much better" She smiled, taking my hand again as she led us up the stairs.

She came to a stop in front of our room, letting go of my hand as she fiddled with her fingers.

She took in a deep breath as she opened the door to our room, walking in slowly.

She walked towards the second closet at the far end of the room, one that was empty and fumbled with a lock on it.

Why did the closet have a lock on it?

"One of the things the guys said was that you had a sweet tooth" She started. "The thing is... no one told me what exactly you like so..."

In a matter of seconds, the lock was off the closet and she opened one side of it, revealing the contents inside it.

I was at a loss for words. All the different possible types of chocolates and candies filled the closet from top to bottom, arranged perfectly.

From Snickers to Maltesers, even Twix and M&Ms, the once empty closet that I had no idea why I even bought was filled from top to bottom with varieties of sweets and candies, arranged in groups.

"I kinda bought a bit of everything" She mumbled, her eyes never meeting mine but I didn't miss the fact that the light red tint on the bridge of her nose was now a deep red.

I couldn't help the smile on my face as I walked towards the closet, my eyes immediately landing on the KitKats - my favorites.

I chuckled and closed the door to the closet, revealing my black haired girl who was staring at me.

"The combination is 0-6-1-5 by the way," She said.

"The day I asked you to be my girlfriend?" I asked, smiling at her cuteness.

"You remembered?"

"Of course I did, princess"

"D-do you like it?" She asked, referring to the closet full of candies, her voice small and soft.

I opened my arms for her and a small smile spread across my face when she immediately walked into my arms, letting me wrap my arms around her.

"I love it, this is the best present I've ever gotten. Thank you so much, princess" I told her.

"You're welcome"

"I love you so much"

"I love you more," She replied.

"Impossible" I smiled at her as I pulled away a little, brushing away the stray strands of hair from her face.

"Jackass" She mumbled.

I chuckled, capturing her lips in a passionate kiss. I pulled away and noticed the small smile on her face when I placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Don't get all cheesy now, this isn't even the main thing" She laughed and I rolled my eyes, smiling.

"There's more?" I asked her as she pulled away from me, walking over to the bed.

Only then did I notice the matching outfits that were laying on the bed.

"I'm taking you out today and this time, I'm gonna be the one to spoil you" She smiled, noticing my surprised look.

"It's my birthday present to you since I didn't get you anything" She added.

"Princess, you really didn't have to"

"Xavier, don't make me tie you to this bed and make you say that you deserve anything and everything in this world as you beg to cum because I swear on everything that I hold dear, I will do it" She said, her arms crossed in front of her chest.

"But wouldn't that be anti climatic seeing as you want to take me out today?" I asked, my voice coming out much smaller than I intended.

"We could always go out tomorrow, or the day after that. We still have four days left in Venice, remember baby?"

I felt my face heat up as I nodded my head and a smile appeared on her face.

"Good boy" She said, going on her tiptoes to place a kiss on my cheek.

"Now hurry up and get changed, we need to start heading out" She said, handing the clothes she picked out for me.

"Okay but we're taking the winter jackets" I insisted.

"Obviously," She laughed. "It's supposed to snow later today and I'm wearing a crop top, I'd freeze to death if I didn't take a jacket"

"We both know hell would freeze over before I let anything bad happen to you" I said and her face flushed completely.

"Just get dressed" She sighed, shaking her head despite the redness of her face.

A smile spread across my face as a thought crossed my mind - I'm dating the prettiest princess.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"We'll be around... you guys have fun" Sammy smiled as soon as we got out of the car.

"But not too much fun, remember there are other people here" Wyatt smiled, winking at Olive who rolled her eyes before heading after Sammy.

"Don't worry, Zayn and I made sure he swore on the Omerta" Griffin said, reading my mind as usual.

"That means we still have no lead on who the moles might be," I said.

"We'll keep an eye out for anybody acting suspicious. Arlo and I will personally interrogate all the guards at your place and mine" He said.

"What about our parents?"

"I already told them... they're interrogating their guards right now, and having way too much fun with it might I add" Griffin sighed.

He pulled out his phone and showed me a snap his mum sent him of a guard who was tied to the floor, bleeding while my mother smiled at the camera, blood stained on her knuckles.

The text on the snap read, 'He was being stubborn but he isn't an Ivanov'

"What kind of parents do we have?" I groaned and Griffin chuckled.

"Stop worrying too much and go spend time with small fry. We have everything under control"

I nodded, pushing myself off the body of the car. Olive waved at Griffin as the car began to drive away.

Griffin had one of the softest smiles I'd ever seen on his face as he waved back at her, not even bothering to pull up the passenger seat window, despite how cold it was out.

To think he's always quiet and mysterious but when it comes to Olive, he's a different person.

Then again, I completely understand-

I turned around to face Olive who was looking around the entire amusement park, curiosity and excitement dancing in her eyes.

Her gaze moved to one of the food trucks, her black winter jacket making her look much bigger than she actually is.

-she somehow manages to bring out the good in everyone, despite the fact that she's grumpy most of the time.

"We better get going. Remember, today's my treat. I'm paying for everything" She said as I walked over to her, interlocking our hands.

"I still don't agree with the last part of that sentence" I told her and she frowned.

"Xav" She warned.

"I can't help it. I just don't see the point of you having to pay for anything when I'm around"

"This is your birthday present from me so I have to pay or else I'm going to feel really bad, and you wouldn't want me to feel bad, would you Xav?" She asked, her big brown eyes peering up at my sapphire ones.

I let out a small chuckle; she knows what she's fucking doing.

"Touché"

"Good boy" She praised, smiling and I felt my face heat up.

What the fuck?

Praise kin-

"So, where do you want to go first?" She asked.

"I'm in the mood for some Cioccolata Calda" I smiled at her, remembering that was the truck she was staring at a few minutes ago.

A frown made its way onto her face. "Xav-"

"I just want some hot chocolate, don't think about it too much" I told her, placing a kiss on her forehead.

I could tell she knew that I only wanted some because she was staring at the truck, but she didn't say anything.

Instead, she sighed and gripped my tattooed hand tighter before leading us into the amusement park, heading towards the Cioccolata Calda truck.

Two cups of Cioccolata Calda later and we were fully immersed in the various activities that the amusement park had to offer. It hadn't snowed at all today but it was still really cold out.

In two hours, we rode the ice bumper cars, gone on a few roller coasters and had multiple snack breaks, because I had told Olive that I wanted to.

The truth is, I only wanted that many snack breaks because I knew she wanted something to eat but wouldn't say anything because she didn't want to seem like a bother.

My thoughtful princess.

So far though, the day had been amazing. Then again, any day is amazing when I'm with her.

"Where to next?" She asked as we walked further into the winter amusement park.

My eyes landed on a sign and I felt myself get excited as I read it.

"Xav?" She asked.

Her gaze moved to the sign I was staring at and a small smile spread across her face.

"You want to go ice skating?" She asked.

I turned to face her, suddenly feeling my face heat up as she stared at me, a smug grin plastered on her face as she peered up at me.

"I mean... if you want to" I muttered.

"Xav, today's your day. If you want to go ice skating just tell me and we go. Fuck, if you want me to buy the whole damn amusement park, I will" She told me, smiling, her dimples shown on each cheek.

"That's a tad bit dramatic, don't you think?"

"Now you know how I feel when you say shit like that" She chuckled, pulling us towards the direction the sign was pointing at.

"I'm being dramatic, getting excited because of an ice skating rink, aren't I?" I asked her, my voice small.

Olive stopped walking and turned to me, taking both my hands in hers.

"I'm sure your parents didn't do it intentionally but the fact still remains that you didn't get to enjoy your childhood because of the mafia and shit" She said.

She smiled and cupped my face with both my hands. "You're healing your inner child, baby. And that's completely fine with me"

I felt my face heat up when she placed a soft kiss to the tip of my nose.

I looked around to make sure that none of the guards had seen their capo blushing, only to be met with Wyatt who was smirking at me from a game stand a few feet away from us.

I scowled at him and he chuckled, raising both his hands in the air. He didn't forget to wink and wiggle his eyebrows before he walked away, probably looking for Samuel.

"Besides, this isn't just for you. I want to ice skate too" Olive laughed as we began walking again.

"You know how to ice skate?" I asked her and she shrugged.

"Just a little bit. I used to go sometimes with maman and père when I was younger," She said.

"Before père died" She muttered the last part, looking at the ground for a few minutes before shaking her head.

"But, that's not important. What about you, do you know how to ice skate?" She asked.

"Last time I checked, I was pretty good," I told her.

"Really?"

"You don't believe me?" I asked, a smile spreading across my face when she shook her head.

"I guess I'll just have to prove you wrong then, won't I?"

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗
𝑶𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆
╚══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╝

"I can do them myself you know"

Xavier just smiled, not saying anything as he got on one knee, tying the laces of my skates for me.

"Yeah, but I don't want you to" He smiled, placing a kiss on my nose.

I felt my face heat up as I rolled my eyes.

"Go put on your skates," I told him, grabbing our jackets.

I didn't bother looking at him as I slowly got up, getting myself used to the feel of the ice under me before I slowly skated towards the entrance of the skating rink where Wyatt and Sammy were waiting.

"We'll put these in the lockers for you guys so you can take them when you're done" Sammy told me, grabbing both Xavier and I's jackets from me.

"You did good, grumpy. I don't know if you've noticed but he's having the time of his life. This was really something he needed" Wyatt smiled at me.

I felt my face heat up and he chuckled when he noticed it, ruffling my hair a bit before he went after Sammy.

I shook my head, skating back over to Xavier. A small smile spread across my face as I skated.

Fuck, it's been so long.

A laugh left my mouth when my eyes landed on Xavier.

"What happened to proving me wrong?"

Xavier rolled his eyes as he tried to stand up with his skates on, using his hands against the wall to steady himself.

"It's been a while since I've done this okay?" He huffed, his feet still wobbling as he tried to stand still.

"I vividly remember you saying that you were pretty good the last time you checked though"

"The last time I checked was before my family moved to L.A, 12 years ago" He said and I couldn't help but laugh.

"It's not that funny" He frowned.

His frown grew bigger when he lost his footing and he slipped, landing flat on his ass.

"It kinda is," I giggled, skating over to him.

I reached my hand out to him and he rolled his eyes but grabbed my hand regardless.

"Careful" I said as I helped him off the floor, his legs still shaking as he tried to stand still.

I giggled and grabbed both his hands, holding onto them as he struggled to stand.

"There you go" I smiled as he finally stood up straight.

I let go of one of his hands, my hand still holding onto his other one as I skated to the center of the ring.

A small laugh almost left my lips when I noticed about five girls in the skating rink staring at us - or rather, Xavier

Unfortunately for them, I was having too much fun with my boyfriend to actually give a fuck.

"You did it" I smiled at him, attempting to let go of his hand when he stopped me.

"Do you think you could practice with me for a while?" He asked, the bridge of his nose tinted a light pink.

A swarm of butterflies attacked my tummy when he looked at me through his hair, the blush on his nose, spreading to the rest of his face.

Guys blushing - especially scary tattooed mafia men - has to be the cutest thing ever.

A smile appeared on my face. "You sure this is the same guy who was yelling at me because of an apple in front of the whole cafeteria?"

"That was months ago..." He muttered. "...but I never apologized for that"

"Xav, I was teasing" I laughed but he shook his head, his hair falling into his eyes as his star stud earrings twinkled a little.

"I'm so sorry for yelling at you that day, mio cuore" He said, looking at me. "I remember being particularly stressed on that day but that's still not an excuse"

"It's okay, Xav. I forgave you a long time ago" I laughed. "And of course I'll practice with you"

....::::**•°✾°•**::::....

"That was amazing" I cheered as Xavier skated back to where I was standing.

"That was terrifying," He admitted, chuckling a little.

"But I knew you could do it"

"And your opinion is the only one that matters to me" He smiled, placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"Fuck, I forgot how soft your lips were" He mumbled.

"Don't be a drama queen, you kissed me at home"

"So? It's been too fucking long" He frowned.

I chuckled, taking his hand in mine as we skated around the rink.

"How haven't you fallen yet?" Xavier asked as I skated backwards, my eyes on his.

"Because I'm used to the ice?" I laughed.

"But you said you only skated a little bit when you were younger"

"I wasn't telling the entire truth earlier," I admitted. "I've been skating since I was 5"

"You're joking" He said and I smiled, shaking my head.

"Père was ecstatic when I told him I wanted to become a figure skater... that was the plan anyways but life decided to take away my number one fan" I explained.

Xavier's face held 2 emotions - sadness and disbelief. I could tell he felt bad for me but at the same time didn't believe that I was actually that good at skating.

A smile appeared on my face as I let go of his hand, skating to the middle of the rink.

Seeing is believing, isn't that what people say?

I skated in a circle before jumping, spinning three times in the air before landing perfectly on the ice, careful not to bump into any of the other skaters.

I skated faster, nearing the edge of the rink before leaping in the air, throwin my right leg forward and my left back, resulting in a full split mid air.

I landed on my right foot, spinning on it while my left leg was still extended. I came to a stop, bringing my left leg down to the ground as I tried to catch my breath.

The series of applause that I heard caught me off guard. I looked around the skating rink and realized that everyone else had stopped skating and were now cheering for me.

"Thank you" I smiled at them, bowing a little.

And to think I did all that in a crop top and cargo pants.

My eyes landed at a corner of the ice skating rink where the five girls from earlier were standing.

None of them were cheering for me, it was quite the opposite actually - they were all glaring at me.

Unfortunately for them... again, I was too focused on the three kids that were skating towards me to actually give a fuck about them.

Two girls and a boy stopped in front of me. One of the girls held a single white plumeria in her hand while the darker skinned girl and the boy beamed up at me. They looked like they were 10 or so.

"È stato fantastico, signorina" The boy beamed at me.
(That was fantastic, miss)

I looked around the skating rink, my eyes landing on three adults - two women and one man who were already staring at us and I could only assume they were their parents.

They smiled at me, nodding their heads as an okay for me to talk to the kids and I smiled back, bringing my attention back to the kids.

"Davvero?" I smiled and the three of them nodded their heads.
(Really?)

"La mia migliore amica voleva regalarti una plumeria, ma era troppo timida per farlo da sola." The first girl said and her friend's face flushed.
(My best friend wanted to give you a plumeria but was too shy to do it herself)

"Ecco a voi," The second girl said, handing me the plumeria.
(Here you go)

"È bellissimo, grazie" I smiled.
(It's beautiful, thank you)

The girl's face flushed and she began skating away and the boy skated after her, telling her that she was really brave for talking to me.

A sigh was heard and my eyes landed on the first girl who stood in front of me, running a hand over her face.

"Non mi piace essere il terzo incomodo" She frowned, shaking her head before skating after her friends.
(I don't like being the third wheel)

I laughed as I skated over to Xavier. He had a smile on his face as he leaned against the wall, his arms crossed in front of his chest.

"That was something," He said.

"You believe me now?" I smirked at him.

"Never said I didn't" He replied, a sly smile on his face.

"But you didn't look like you believed me"

"Or maybe I had that look on my face because I wanted to see you perform" He smiled.

"You didn't"

"Sei stata fantastica, principessa" He said, brushing some hair out of my eyes.
(You were amazing, princess)

"And I'm not the only one who thought so" He added, his eyes darting behind me to the people who were still stunned by my performance.

"You just-"

"The kids were adorable too" He smiled, taking the plumeria from my hand.

I felt my face heat up when he pushed my hair behind my ears, placing the plumeria behind my ears.

"It suits you," He said.

"Thank you. Coincidentally, it happens to be my favorite flower" I said without thinking.

"A pretty flower, for a pretty princess" He smiled.

"Even though the flower doesn't even come close to how beautiful you are," He added.

"You made me perform for no reason?" I frowned.

"That's all you took from that?" He chuckled, placing a small kiss on my lips.

"You're a jackass" I mumbled when he pulled away.

"Your jackass" He smiled, taking a step back.

He said nothing as my face heated up but I noticed the smile on his face as he stared at me.

"What?"

"I'm just wondering what I did to deserve someone as perfect as you," He replied.

"I'm far from perfect. If anything, I'm a mess" I admitted.

"Shut up, you're my mess. My perfect mess" He smiled.

This man...

"I- I'm going to get something to drink" I blurted out, overwhelmed with the amount of butterflies I felt in my tummy.

"I'll come with y-"

"NO"

Xavier stared at me confused, his eyebrows furrowed in the middle of his forehead.

"I mean... you need to stay here and practice, I can go by myself, it's fine" I said quickly, skating away before he could object.

....::::**•°✾°•**::::....

I made my way back into the skating rink after getting myself a drink. Confusion clouded my face when I noticed that Xavier wasn't in the rink anymore.

Huh.

I looked around and spotted him at the eating area, sitting on a table while the five girls from earlier surrounded him.

My eyes narrowed as one of them started getting close to him.

Okay, some bitch is going to die today.

And after I kill her, I'll kill Xavier for not pushing her away.

That's a bit rash, don't you th-

Not right now.

I took off my skates and returned them to the front desk of the skating rink. I smiled as they returned my sneakers to me, telling me that the rest of my things had been taken by Xavier earlier.

I started making my way over to Xavier with a frown on my face ready to bitch slap the girls around him when I heard a small scream.

I rushed over to them and my mouth widened when I saw Xavier towering over one of the girls, his face set in stone as he glared at her.

Another one stood a few feet away from them with her mouth open as she stared at Xavier's phone in her hands.

I take back what I said earlier - some bitches are going to die today.

The other three girls' gazes landed on me and their eyes practically bulged out of their heads as they ran away.

"Che cazzo hai detto?" He asked, his voice laced with venom.
(What the fuck did you say?)

"Mi dispiace, non avevo capito che fosse la tua ragazza" The first girl said quickly while the second one dropped Xavier's phone on the table.
(I'm sorry, I didn't realize she was your girlfriend)

What is going on?

"Non è quello che ho chiesto" He spat.
(That wasn't what I asked)

"La chiamava puttana," The second girl said and the first girl glared at her, despite the fear in her eyes.
(She called her a whore)

I know it isn't me the bitch - who has been ogling my man since we got here - called a whore.

"Solo perché ho visto quella foto sul tuo telefono." The first girl said, trying to justify her actions.
(Only because I saw that picture on your phone)

"Quale immagine?" I asked and the three of them turned to me.
(What picture?)

"Princess, I didn't know you were back already" Xavier smiled like he wasn't just yelling at the two girls a few seconds ago.

The girls stared between us, their mouths agape, telling me that they too were surprised by Xavier's mood change.

"What picture is she talking about?" I asked.

Xavier frowned as he handed me his phone. I quickly put in his password - jackass - which he had chosen because he said it reminded him of me.

My eyes widened as I stared at his home screen.

After several days of scolding Xavier, I had finally gotten him to agree to change the wallpaper on his home screen from the picture of me tied to the bed to something else.

He refused to tell me what, however, saying it would be a surprise. Imagine my surprise when I saw a mirror selfie he had begged to take of us as his home screen wallpaper.

The only problem was that this wasn't any mirror selfie.

In the picture, he stood behind me, his left hand holding his phone while his right hand cupped my pussy through the clothes I was wearing.

"Xavier" I squealed, turning off his phone.

"What?"

"You know what" I glared at him.

"You said I should change the wallpaper and I did" He smiled.

I sighed, rolling my eyes as I brought my attention back to the two girls who were still quivering in fear despite the fact that they had no clue what we were saying.

"Perché cazzo eri con il telefono del mio ragazzo?" I asked, glaring at the second girl who had Xavier's phone.
(Why the fuck were you with my boyfriend's phone?)

"Her friend over here" Xavier started, glaring at the first one who let out a small whimper, "recognized me as the capo of the Russos and asked me out. I politely told her that I was in a relationship"

"Politely my ass. What did you say?" I asked, knowing Xavier.

"'Vaffanculo, ho una moglie' while I was looking at pictures of you on my phone" He said with a cheeky smile on my face.
(Fuck off, I have a wife)

"We aren't married." I mumbled, feeling heat rise to my face.

"Not yet" He smiled.

"But that's not the point. Blondie here wouldn't listen and had her friend grab my phone instead, in order to get my number" He sighed, shaking his head. "That's when they saw the wallpaper and-"

"That's enough, Xav" I sighed.

I walked over to the two girls and dragged them by their hair, making them whimper and yell out in pain.

"Ascoltami, e ascolta molto attentamente perché lo dirò solo una volta" I said, making sure they both heard me.
(Listen to me, and listen very carefully because I'm only going to say this once)

"Lui è mio. Capito?" I smiled, my eyes narrowing at them.
(He's mine. Understand?)

They nodded and I let go of them, chuckling as they ran away.

I turned around to find Xavier staring at me intently.

"What is it?"

"Say that again?"

"What is it?"

"No, what you told those girls" He clarified.

"You're mine?" I mumbled, feeling my face heat up.

"I'm yours" He repeated, pulling me closer to him by my waist.

"Mine" I murmured as he captured my lips in a kiss.

....::::**•°✾°•**::::....

"Too fucking easy" Xavier laughed when his darted popped the balloon.

We had left the skating rink a few minutes after the whole situation with the girls happened. Xavier insisted that I wore my jacket as soon as we stepped out again because, according to him, it was getting too cold.

To be honest, I noticed the drop in temperature and I was really cold but I'd never tell him that to his face.

We walked around for a few minutes, hand in hand, trying to find something else to do. It was about 3 in the afternoon and we didn't feel like going home just yet.

A smile appeared on my face when I saw one of those booths where we were supposed to throw a dart at the balloon and pop three in a row to win a prize - I don't know what they're called.

"Cocky much" I said.

Xavier turned over to me, smiling as he rubbed his tongue inside his cheek.

"What was that, princess?"

"You're getting cocky" I repeated, smiling as well.

"Oh yeah?"

I hummed in response and his smile grew wider, excitement dancing in his eyes.

"You think you could do better?"

"I know I can do better," I said.

"First to three?" He smiled and I nodded my head, smiling as well.

We told the person in charge of the booth and I paid for the three darts that we'd both get.

The booth lady smiled, handing us both three darts each before lining up three balloons each for the both of us to pop.

We both threw the first darts, popping the first balloons with ease. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Xavier smiling.

He looked like he was genuinely having fun and that made my heart swell. I was happy that he was happy.

We both threw the second dart and both our second balloons popped but I noticed that Xavier was really close to missing that shot. He seemed to realize it too and a frown etched on his face.

Cute.

We both threw our last darts. I wasn't surprised when I popped my third balloon but Xavier missed his balloon by a few centimeters.

"Too fucking easy" I smiled, stealing Xavier's words as the lady handed me a fluffy white teddy bear.

"Nothing to say, princess?" I smirked, turning over to Xavier who rolled his eyes, crossing his hands in front of his chest as he pouted.

"Sore loser" I mumbled and he couldn't control himself as he laughed.

"You were really good, princess," He smiled.

"I know"

We were about to head to another stand when I heard the voice of a little girl crying.

I turned around only to find the girl who had given me the plumeria, frowning, silent tears running down her face.

"Per favore, mamma?" The girl said, looking up at her mother who had a sad look on her face.
(Please, mamma?)

"Mi dispiace, Sienna. Mamma ha perso la partita e io non ho i soldi per comprarti un orsacchiotto" Her mother replied.
(I'm sorry, Sienna. Mom lost the game and I don't have the money to buy you a teddy bear)

I made my way over to them, smiling at little Sienna whose eyes widened as she saw me.

"Mamma, è la bella signora della pista di pattinaggio." She said through her tears, tugging on her mother's arm.
(Mamma, it's the pretty lady from the skating rink)

"Ciao, Sienna. Ti ho sentito parlare con tua madre e voglio darti questo." I smiled at her, handing the bear to her.
(Hi, Sienna. I heard you talking to your mum and I want to give you this)

"Non devi farlo" She mumbled.
(You don't have to do that)

"Vorrei. È un grazie per il fiore che mi hai regalato" I replied, pointing to the flower in my hair.
(I want to. It's a thank you for the flower you gave me)

Her face heated up and her eyes widened as she looked up at her mum who nodded, smiling a little. Sienna quickly wiped away the tears from her face before taking the teddy bear from me.

"Che ne dici?" Her mum asked.
(What do you say?)

"Grazie" Sienna smiled at me.
(Thank you)

"Vedi bambino? Vale la pena essere gentili con le persone" I heard her mum say as they walked away.
(See baby? It pays to be nice to people)

I felt really good as I made my way back to Xavier who had a strange look on his face.

"Did you want a teddy bear too? Don't worry, I'll win you one" I smiled, asking the lady for three more darts before paying her.

"You'd make a great mum" Xavier muttered from behind me and I felt my face heat up.

"I'd traumatize our kids" I mumbled as I shot the three darts, popping all three balloons.

I turned to Xavier and noticed he was staring at me with a soft smile on his face.

"What is it this time?" I sighed.

"Nothing. I just like the way you said 'our kids'" He smiled and my face heated up for the fucking hundredth time today.

I said nothing as I handed him the fluffy light brown teddy bear before running a hand over my face causing him to chuckle.

....::::**•°✾°•**::::....

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗
𝑿𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒓
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

"What is that?" Wyatt laughed as he started driving.

"What the fuck does it look like?" I rolled my eyes as I placed the teddy bear on the seat beside me.

"I think it's for Ms. Laurent and he's just holding it for her because she's sleeping" Samuel said from the front passenger seat.

"It's actually mine," I admitted.

"No fucking way. I need a picture of this" Wyatt laughed, attempting to get his phone out of his pocket.

"Our heartless capo has a teddy bear," Wyatt said as he continued laughing.

"Keep your eyes on the road, man. Are you trying to kill us?" I asked as the car swerved a little.

"Drama queen" Wyatt muttered, rolling his eyes.

"Ms. Laurent had something to do with this, I'm sure" Samuel laughed.

"She won it for me" I explained, a soft smile appearing on my face as my eyes moved to her sleeping frame, leaning against me.

Her head was on my shoulder and her right hand was interlocked with my left one, my thumb running gently over the back of her hand, her pink lips parted slightly as she slept.

"I heard Zayn helped her plan this whole day for you, something about it being her birthday present to you, did you have fun?" Wyatt asked.

"Where did you hear that from?"

"Zayn" Both him and Samuel said.

"He said she had told you about it so there was no point in keeping it a secret anymore" Samuel clarified.

"Did you have fun?" Wyatt asked again.

"I did" I admitted, a smile making it's way to my face. "I really did. This was the best birthday present I've ever gotten" I added, placing a soft kiss on Olive's forehead.

My heart swelled when a small smile spread across her face.

"I'm glad to hear that" Wyatt smiled, looking at me through the rear view mirror. "You needed this... something to take your mind off the mafia and all that shit."

"You're really lucky to have someone like her" Samuel said.

"I know"

A small whimper came from my side and I turned to Olive only to be met with her eyebrows furrowed in the middle of her forehead as her hand clutched my arm unintentionally.

"Princess?"

"I won't go. Maman needs help" She mumbled, her eyes shut tight.

Fuck. She's having a nightmare again.

"Princess, wake up" I said, patting her leg gently.

"No no no no" She mumbled, her grip on me tightening.

"Baby, I need you to wake up. Please" I muttered.

Her eyes shot open, her breathing heavy as her eyes darted around the car before they landed on me.

"You're okay. It's okay, baby. I'm here, I've got you" I whispered into her ear.

She let out a small sigh when I placed my forehead on hers, wrapping my arms around her.

I felt her relax as I continued whispering into her ear and after a few minutes, she calmed down, her breathing going back to normal.

"You okay, grumpy?" Wyatt asked, looking at her through the rear view mirror and she nodded her head softly.

"You gave me quite the scare there, Ms. Laurent" Samuel said.

"Sorry" She mumbled.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked her.

"Not right now" She said, her voice soft.

"That's completely okay. You can talk about it whenever you're ready, or not. You don't have to do anything that makes you uncomfortable, mio cuore" I told her.

She nodded her head, pulling away from me a little before placing her head back on my shoulder.

I moved a bit, so that my back was against the door, placing the teddy bear on the seat opposite me before pulling Olive on top of me.

"Is this okay?" I asked her, referring to my hand that was resting at the end of her shirt.

She nodded and I smiled, placing a kiss on her nose before rubbing my hand up and down her back, just how she likes it.

The rest of the drive back to the house was spent in silence. Olive and I said nothing as I continued rubbing her back and as she snuggled deeper into my chest.

Before we knew it, we were pulling into the driveway of my house in Venice. Samuel and Wyatt got out of the car first, leaving Olive and I inside.

"We're home, princess," I told her.

She nodded, climbing off me while she yawned before getting out of the car. I sat up straight, grabbing both our jackets before getting out of the car as well.

A small smile spread across my face when I spotted Olive standing a few feet away from the car, her head tilted up as she stared at the snowflakes falling from the sky.

I walked up behind her and draped her jacket over her shoulders, causing her to turn around and look at me.

"It's snowing" She said softly, her eyes gleaming with excitement. "It's so pretty"

"You really are" I smiled and the bridge of her nose tinted.

The only problem was... I didn't know if it was because she was blushing or because she was cold...

"You know, I haven't read any book so far where the characters kiss under the snow, it's always the rain" I started, brushing her hair out of her eyes.

"Want to break that cliché?" I whispered, my breath fanning her ears.

Her face flushed but rather than rolling her eyes like I thought she would, she leaned up and placed her lips against mine.

Our lips moved as one, molding together perfectly as my hands wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer to me.

"Je t'aime" She smiled as we pulled away.
(I love you)

"Ti amo di più" I replied, placing my forehead against hers.
(I love you more)

"Impossible" She whispered.

"You guys are going to freeze to death"

We both turned to find Miles staring at us with a stupid smile plastered on his face and his arms crossed across his chest.

"What do you want?" Olive groaned, pulling away from me.

"Just wanted to remind you that there's a psycho bitch and two extras n the torture rooms that you need to talk to" He shrugged. "But it looks like you'd rather catch pneumonia instead"

"I hate you" She sighed as we walked into the house, following Miles.

"I love you too pumpkin" He chuckled.

We walked down the hallway and down three sets of double staircases before we finally reached the torture rooms.

I was surprised to see Wyatt, Griffin, Zayn, Derrick, Arlo and Samuel already waiting for us outside.

"All this because I'm going to talk to some people?" Olive laughed.

"You can never be too safe, kiddo," Arlo shrugged.

"How was the date?" Griffin asked.

"Amazing," I smiled, kissing Olive's forehead.

"Now do you trust me when it comes to Olive?" Zayn asked, rolling his eyes.

"How did you-"

"Wyatt" Samuel laughed and I glared at Derrick.

"How did you know?"

"Um- I have eyes? I'm not blind? It's clear as day that you think Zayn is trying to steal Olive from you" Wyatt said.

"Which I'm not by the way" Zayn added.

"As much as I'd love to pretend that I'm listening to you guys' conversation," Olive started, "I have a bitch and two extras," she looked at Miles who smiled, "to talk to so if you excuse me..."

Olive shrugged off the jacket on her shoulders, handing it to Wyatt who scoffed and rolled his eyes but held it anyways.

She sighed, running a hand over her face before she walked into the torture rooms, shutting the door behind her.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"I should be in there" I said, pushing myself off the wall.

Wyatt and Derrick rolled their eyes before grabbing me by both of my hands, preventing me from moving.

"For the last time, calm down," Derrick said, rolling his eyes.

"They are all chained to the floor by their hands and legs" Wyatt said.

"He's worried about her, it's cute," Samuel smiled.

"He isn't the only one," Arlo chuckled.

He nodded over to Griffin and Miles who were pacing around in the hallway, their arms crossed in front of their chests as they frowned.

"I understand that they're chained up," I said, pulling my arms out of their grip. "But what if something happens despite all that and-"

The door of the torture rooms opened causing me to stop talking. My mouth fell open as well as the rest of the other guys as we all stared at the door.

In front of the door stood a very pissed off Olive, leaning against the door frame, a frown on her face as she stared at the rest of us.

Her hands and clothes were covered in blood, a smudge of blood on the side of her face, close to her jaw and it was very obvious that the blood wasn't hers.

"What happened in there?" Derrick asked finally, breaking the silence.

"The two from Griffin's place were really cooperative and started blabbing as soon as I punched them a few times. They said the reaper sent them and a bunch of other men to Venice to keep an eye on The Russos because they had something he wanted - whatever the fuck that mean" Olive explained.

"But the Anastasia bitch?" Olive asked, smiling as she rubbed her tongue inside her cheek.

"She refused to say anything important about the Ivanovs. Instead, she said that I was naive and her bestie, Mila, was coming to save her with a bunch of the reaper's men" She laughed.

"She also said I was naïve for trusting any of you and that you guys would betray me the second you got a chance to" She continued.

"And as if that wasn't good enough, she started saying shit about how Xavier is only with me because I'm a stripper. That was my breaking point" She said.

"So... what happened?" Wyatt asked.

"Pliers," Olive said simply, smiling as she pushed off against the door frame.

"You didn't," Arlo said, shocked just like the rest of the guys.

"I did," She grinned.

"That's my girl" I smiled and she laughed.

"If I were you, I'd be terrified"

"So you're telling me if I walk in there right now... all her fingers will be gone?" Zayn asked.

"And toes," Olive smiled, making a scissor motion with her index and middle finger.

"Miles, where are you going?" Griffin asked Miles who was walking towards the torture rooms.

"Seeing is believing, isn't that what they say?" Miles responded.

Griffin sighed as he grabbed Miles back, pulling him into his arms.

"You're not going to see that shit. You already can't sleep as is, that will just make shit worse" Griffin said and Miles frowned but didn't object.

"You're just as fucked in the brain as Xavier is" Derrick pointed out and Olive and I glared at him.

"You want me to break off your fingers and toes too?" Olive asked and the color from Derrick's face drained.

"I thought so," She smiled.

"Anyways, losing her fingers and toes finally got her talking," Olive said, her voice as serious as ever.

"What did she say?" Samuel asked.

"There is a person known as 'The Guest' who is giving the reaper information and there was in fact another person who helped their men get into Xavier and Xamira's ball" She revealed.

"She said there was this whole plan involving me and the reaper" She continued, a scowl on her beautiful face "and I quote 'Your enemies are closer than you might think'"

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

I just got home from school and said 'Vox, you have to post this chapter like right now' so I did.

How was it? Good? Not good? Let me know... unless it wasn't good then please don't say anything, I don't want to go to school tomorrow a crying mess.

We are getting closer and closer to the end of the book and I will try my absolute best to finish it before Christmas.

And you guys will find out who the guest is and who HER is... just be patient a little, yeah?

C.O.D - Your eyelids look like fish scales 😝

~ Vox <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

820K 12.9K 64
ꨄthe mob boss and his maidꨄ •• "I'm sorry Leo." I exclaim. "Your not." He growls, grabbing onto my ankles dragging me down towards the edge of the be...
2.3M 83.2K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...
250K 7.1K 54
Mature Content Nina has been working for one of the biggest companies for four years and loves what she does. With her starting to have feelings for...
1.3M 27.4K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...