You and Me? Never

By CV_Red

What happens when you make plans? God laughs at you, that's what and Sabrina is about to learn that the hard... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Blake's POV

Chapter 5

654 10 0
By CV_Red

Walking in, I realize this whole situation is significantly worse than what I had originally imagined. There are so many people here, everyone is basically on top of each other. It smells like cheap booze mixed with sweat and I feel like I've already had enough of the college experience to get me through all four years. It's hot and sticky and humid and just all around not great. I don't know how people actually enjoy this shit. The introvert inside of me is not happy.          

Mia grabs my hand and pushes through the crowd like a trouper. She's about 5'7 so she's not that small, but compared to some of the tanks here, I can't believe we're actually making it through the crowd. She clearly knows where she's going, so I comply and follow her. As we're walking, I scan the crowd and quickly realize my outfit sticks out like a sore thumb. I was hoping I would morph into the background and be able to pretend like I'm invisible, but from the stares coming my way, I think my plan was a bust.

Most girls here are wearing extremely short and tight dresses and a full face of makeup looking like they just came off the runway. But hey, at least I'm comfortable.    

Mia gets us into the kitchen where she grabs two solo cups from a stack and makes us some drinks. I continue scanning the crowd and taking everything in because the one thing I know for sure is that this won't be happening again. There's a group of people dancing on a makeshift dance floor in the centre of a spacious living room. The room visible from the kitchen to the right displays a group of people playing beer pong. And then through the floor to ceiling windows on the left, I can see a bunch of people cheering for some guy currently doing a keg stand.        

Mia hands me my drink and informs me we are going to another room to meet up with her boyfriend. Once again, she grabs my hand and leads me through the mass of people until we stop in front of what looks to be a second living room. There's two couches and a couple of love seats with quite a few people in this room. We enter the room and walk right up to a tall group of guys chatting. She taps the shoulder of who I assume is her boyfriend and he turns around. The minute he realizes it's her, his face lights up and he has the biggest smile.          

Cute, I think to myself. I wonder how long that's going to last. If there's one thing I know, it's that the honeymoon phase doesn't last forever.       

"Sam, this is my new roommate Sabrina. Sabrina, this is my boyfriend Sam," Mia introduces us.             

I smile politely and say hi. He then begins introducing the rest of the guys in his group but gets cut off halfway through.         

This guy with dirty blond hair stands on the coffee table and starts to shout, "everyone gather around the couches! We're about to play truth or dare but without the truth. So, I guess just dare."

People are starting to do as he says but I keep staring at him because for some reason he seems familiar. I feel like I've seen him somewhere before but I can't quite remember where. I can't shake the feeling as Mia pulls me down to one of the couches beside her. There's four of us on this coach. I'm on the edge, next to Mia who's sitting next to Sam and then one of the guys he began to introduce, sits beside him but I can't actually remember his name.           

The room settles down a little and when I look up directly in front of me, I completely freeze. I cannot believe this is happening to me. I cannot believe what my eyes are seeing. On one of the love seats in front of us, sits a guy with dark brown almost black hair, two girls sitting on his lap and the prettiest blue green eyes I have ever seen. Blake. The Blake. Of all people, he's the one that's sitting right across the room laughing at something one of the girls said to him. At this point I'm pretty much gaping in disbelief. He must feel my eyes burning into him because he then decides to turn his head in my direction, making direct eye contact. I see something flash across his face and sure as hell hope it's not recognition.

I immediately break the eye contact and sink a little lower in my seat. Realization hits me and now I know why the guy standing on the coffee table looked so familiar. It was Matt. Blake's friend. The one I kind of met at the bar that night.             

The game has now begun. People start going around the room, asking and doing stupid shit. I'm not really paying attention though. No, I'm trying to devise an escape plan.               

"Hey, freshie!" I hear but choose to ignore it, intently looking into my half empty cup as of it will magically solve my problem.         

It's not until I feel Mia jab me in the ribs, do I look up and see everyone staring right at me. I look around the room and then at Matt, who I now realize was addressing me.               

"I dare you to give Blake here a nice kiss."

It's in this moment where I contemplate all of my previous life choices and ask God, why me? What have I done to deserve this? Does Blake remember me and now he's fucking with me?

My question is promptly answered when Blake speaks up, "come on freshie. I don't bite. That is, unless you want me to."

People start to laugh and to be honest I'm relived he doesn't remember. He clearly wouldn't refer to me as 'freshie' if he did. He also could have just forgotten my name which is plausible but when I look at him once again, he doesn't show any signs of recognition.         

With that weight lifted off my shoulders I relax and even manage a small laugh as I respond, "oh sorry, I'm actually not playing."         

Silence fills the room and it's starting to get uncomfortable. As if the fact that I'm not going to kiss him comes across as a huge shock to everyone. The two girls sitting on his lap however look relieved to say the least. I am no longer getting death stares from them.              

He stares at me a little too long before he says, "I'll tell you what. I don't usually fuck with freshmen. But if you come give me a nice kiss, I'll make an exception for you and we'll go upstairs right after."           

The room is silent and I think my jaw is on the floor. What the fuck did he just say to me? This has to be some kind of sick joke. Am I supposed to feel honoured or something?

See, this is exactly why I can't stand entitled fuckboys with over inflated egos. He's insane if he thinks I'll take him up on his offer. I know I've said before that I'm shy, but here's the thing, I'm shy until I'm not. I'm shy until an asshole like Blake pisses me off and my need to put the bitch in his place overtakes my shyness.      

I stare at him intently for a minute as if I'm considering his offer. People are looking between us waiting on my next move. I slowly stand up and begin to cross the room. He does the same with a smirk on his face, pushing off the two girls that were on his lap. Once I'm standing right in front of him, I push him back down into the love seat which seems to catch him off guard for a second. With my hands placed carefully on his shoulders I begin to lower, straddling him and sitting on his lap. At this point his cocky smirk is back and he thinks he has the upper hand. I then kiss him which turns into a heated make out session pretty quickly. I can hear people whistling and cat calling. I'm not going to lie, those same glorious sparks I felt the first time we kissed have returned and for a brief moment I'm in heaven.

The feeling of his arousal pressing up against me brings me back down to earth and I compose myself enough to break the kiss. As I pull back, I can see the dazed look in his eyes. I lean back in to whisper not so quietly in his ear, making sure mostly everyone can hear.         

"Maybe if you had a little less dick in your personality and a little bit more in your pants, I'd actually consider fucking you." I pull back and quickly get off his lap but not before catching his baffled expression. People have started to laugh and I can tell he still has no clue what the fuck just happened.         

With those lovely last few words, I leave the room before he can respond. Because I know from experience, that he has just as much dick in his pants as he does in his personality.             

I manage to get out but I have no clue where I'm going. I pass the kitchen and see the open doors leading into the backyard so that's where I go. Air. I need air. I'm still in shock over what just happened and I'm not completely sure I didn't just make the whole thing up. I just can't believe someone would even have the nerve to act like that.   

Someone clears their throat behind me and I turn towards the sound, realizing I am no longer alone. Today is definitely not my fucking day because I'm looking at the last person I ever want to see. At the very least he looks slightly uncomfortable standing there before he finally speaks up, "have we met before?"       

I almost laugh at myself because I actually thought he was going to apologize.

Pathetic.               

"Definitely, not," I respond in a clipped tone.        

"Are you sure, because I could have sworn, I've seen you before?"     

"I'm sure. I don't associate with your kind."       

 "And what's my kind?"           

I look him in the eyes when I say, "misogynistic pigs." 

He breaks eye contact first, looking down to the ground and if I didn't know better, I would swear I can feel the shame radiating off of him. As it should.

It takes him a while to respond but when he does, he comes up with, "look, for what it's worth, I'm sorry."    

I almost feel the need to forgive him before he opens that God forsaken mouth if his and adds, "but to be completely honest, you're missing out. And you did go through with the dare, so my offer still stands. We could still go upstairs and have some fun." He finishes that lovely thought with a wink and I'm about to lose my shit.     

Now I'm the one asking myself if he is real. Do people like him really exist or is my mind playing tricks on me. I honestly thought assholes like him only existed in the world of fiction, safely tucked away between the pages of a book or the screen of a television. I'm rarely rendered speechless, but this moment right here is one of them.   

I decide to not waste another second on him and scoff while mumbling, "unfucking believable," more to myself than him. And because there's really nothing else left to say, I go inside where I quickly find Mia to let her know I'm leaving.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

259K 6K 50
18 year old River Mitchell a new freshman at Ridgeview University. A dark past, full of secrets she's trying to get over. A fresh start across the co...
2.2M 88.8K 103
|Bad Boy| "Could you take care of a broken soul?"-Jess Glynne Blaze Xander is alluring, attractive, and severely charming. All the girls at Homewood...
85.6K 2.1K 34
Sabrina is 17 and just moved to a new school. She has found some good friends, but she wants a guy who will be there for her as more than a friend. T...
2.4M 18.6K 7
Highest rank #1 in teen fiction I had a simple plan. Get a good GPA, escape into college and never turn back. I didn't hate anything because I knew...