nothing ever changes, xu ming...

By haosplanet

they were suppose to be like the opposite of poles; always maintaining their distance like a predator and pre... More

NOTHING EVER CHANGES
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
58
59
60
THE MASTER LIST
aftermath (a thank you, q&a, vol 2)

57

350 15 20
By haosplanet

song:
unsaid - ruel

WINGS II

Heads turn, and gasps emit from the crowd; Seungcheol's ballsy statement only adds heat to the inferno. Satan's head tilts, and Idalia writhes in his grip. With all attention on him, he lifts his phone, and the exact recording that sounds of the horrors of Satan empaling Minghao's mother with a spiritual tumor plays out. It incriminates the leader everyone believed in.

Whether or not Satan was frightened or livid didn't matter to Seungcheol, but seeing Satan's vein in his forehead bulge made his ego grow oddly.

"Trying to make a scene?" Satan's teeth gritted; he couldn't believe the evidence. He thought afterward he had checked everywhere in that women's house for anything, but he must've missed something years ago.

Idalia coughed out, and from being distracted, he let go and pushed her to the ground. Her lungs screamed for air. Hand touching her neck, knowing another bruise would blossom there.

"More than a scene. You're guilty, Satan; why not admit that you killed your wife, an angel, a demon, and bedridden a demon just because they all knew your secrets. You conjured humans and scared them enough so that they would come down here as demons temporarily to vote in your favor. You destroyed innocent lives." Seungcheol's voice raised, and more gasps heard. "You've contorted the truth to fit your sick narrative. Hell needs a new leader."

Satan scoffed. "A new leader? No one will ever amount to me, to what I've done." He looked around. Some pushed his gaze away, not looking at him, while others seemed to be prideful of their leader. "So, was this your show and tell? It doesn't stop anything. The beheading will commence. But first, I'll kill you." He looked back to Idalia, who coughed, eyes wide. "Choi."

The guards followed his orders, picking her off the ground. She looked back towards Seungcheol.

"No!" Her lungs burned. She kicked and twisted from the guards to break free, but they rose above the ground, now her legs dangling as Satan joined. The two face to face.

Like the silence before the storm, Idalia's scream was the warning signal before chaos broke loose. demons began to fight; half-bloods, to the best of their ability, joined, and finally, out of the shadows, the angels followed.

It was a numbing scene, somehow so loud and destructive, but it moved slowly—everyone chose the side they wanted to be on.

Idalia didn't have time to look, as the familiar scene felt like punches to her gut. Satan, with an expression that could only make her blood run cold, was in front of her. The smirk on his face apparent—only evil conspiring.

Feet away, Minghao, with the energy he could muster, began to stand up. His feet ached like he was stepping on glass, and even with palms helping him stand, grunts escaped his mouth.

But he still ran to her, but before reaching her, guards toppled over him.

"Well, I guess you always knew I killed your aunt," Satan shrugged. "So you must know what is coming." His hand wrapped and clenched around her neck. With her hands, she lifted them, scratching at his hands to the best of her ability, but with them tied it was not easy.

"She wasn't my aunt," Idalia choked. Tears escaped her eyes as scenes of her premonition blurred with reality. "She was my mother."

His naturally hooded eyes opened more comprehensively at that moment, surprised and confused, but now it felt more rewarding, more exciting to kill her. But still, as he recalled, he couldn't understand how she was alive, which was more troubling than anything. So he called her bluff. "Not possible. I killed her and the fetus inside."

"Fate, asshole." She spits in his face, taking the movement to swing her legs up to kick his abdomen; being in the air sent him back multiple feet with a choked cough.

She heard screams, not from herself or him, but behind her. She felt heat wrap her in a blanket, and the smell of something burning infiltrated her nostrils. The grip on her arms tightened as one of the guards decided to grab the back of her hair, pulling her as her eyes water.

A fog was growing on the ground; it was only a foot above it. But it wasn't regular fog, its color was deep blue, and it almost shimmered if someone looked close enough.

Like a trailblazer, the coven who always stood with Satan came in. To one, a confident presence was familiar, but to others, it seemed like this was another bump in the road to victory.

Idalia was worried; her quickened glancing eyes said so.  But to her surprise and many, the covens stance wasn't as it always was. No, it changed.

Their skills of subduing and inflicting pain spread through the many demons who still, after being shown proof of corruption, chose to stand with Satan; this helped the group who fought against it, giving them a leg up.

"You're such a surprise, a little smarter and braver than your mother, but still naive and a bitch." Satan snarled.

"You won't win this time. That's the difference," From anger, from the passion, she didn't realize, like him, her veins were bulging in color, but instead of red, they were gold, and the shimmer of power in desperation warms the chain that cuffed around her hands.

"Your temper must be from your father," Satan looked around, seeing the destruction of all his hard work seized anger through him, and the angel in front of him who contested and did not act in fear made him want to be cruel, crueler than ever. "You know what, instead of killing you first, I think I'll kill your boyfriend, just like I did to your parents." With that, his burning hand made contact with her, repenting evil from his fist and making contact with her face.

"You're- you're not going to hurt him," She muttered, the words feeling like a replayed tune as the iron taste of her blood filled her mouth, accompanied by heat that pulsed through her whole face. Unlike the premonition, she didn't look up at him weakly, she stood her ground.

Even with a surge of confidence at the moment, she knew she was trapped; the two guards held her; she tried to resist, just like the premonition, but being off the ground almost made it impossible when she thrashed.

She moved in their grips, making it somewhat harder because they struggled at some points, but it wasn't enough. She had the inkling to look at them, and like a filter, their faces were replaced with the ones in the premonition, but slowly the filter faded away, her eyebrows raising in realization.

A premonition can change.

With new hope brought more strength, but even though Satan promised to kill Minghao first, he was still in front of her, hitting and using his claws to scratch marks on her skin, ruining her purity. Like torture, he did many times before he wanted to disarm her, making her helpless as she would watch all her friends burn in the wrath of his hands. He wanted her to suffer, and she could tell by the hunger in his eyes, like black clouds over a calm sky.

He would be the storm that crashed into her beach, but unlike before, hiding wouldn't stop the damage.

She continued to thrash, hoping to escape from the pain, but her endurance was deteriorating, and now the angel was powerless under the hold of the guards and the wrath of Satan. At least that's what she thought, with her lungs on fire and her skin blazed.

This coincides with the premonition, even her fogged vision matched perfectly. So did the stomach pain and the red liquid that was soaking the white cloth over it. Like black ink on a canvas, Idalia was being ruined.

From the now red spot of her shirt, it burned like no other, like fire was inside of her, and maybe it was; perhaps his power of fire radiating and infiltrating her blood like a parasite, slowly killing her from the inside.

Her scream melded into the others as he stuck his hand inside the wound, squeezing at whatever organ he could. Her vision had splotches of black. All she could do was muster a volatile scream.

He was already close, but with his hand inside her, he was even closer, their faces inches apart as he finally let go and released them.

"I'm going to do whatever I need to do, Choi, and you can't stop me—" His hand, covered in her blood, gripped her chin, making her distressed, tear-covered eyes stare at his bloodthirsty egotistical ones. He let go, moving his hands to her wings that still in all this pain stood tall, her blood from his hands decorating them. "—because you're trapped, sweetheart."

For a moment, she only had one attempt to try as her vision blurred and her blood pulsed from adrenaline. All she could do now was fight, at least try something. The two being so close, on instinct, she tilted her head back, knocking back into his in a painful thud, and from the heat of the light that traced her vein, with one pull, the chains fell off. With ragged breaths, she elbowed the guards, and since it all happened so fast, they all were disoriented. Light, like before, shined out of her hands, and in self-defense, she turned around to the guards, shining them both, their screams more horrific than hers.

Now she saw everything, the battle below her, everyone was fighting so desperately, and with guards circled him, she saw Minghao, his balance of evil and good coursing through him and the aura around him.

When she looked closer, her vision was clearing up. She realized, it wasn't just guards; councils fought against him, their powers outweighing his. She knew he could only fight off for so much longer.

Her hands still had light pulsing out of them, only strength when her fear turned to anger. Lifting them, she planned to shine onto those who cornered them, and it worked for a moment until a pull of her wings sent her down to the ground with a painful thud.

Animalistic-like growls are behind her. They
rumble and fill the atmosphere with danger as she is forced on her back, but even putting her hands up as a shield, the light did not damage as Satan in front of her was entirely transformed. A black haze seeped out of him, his eyes completely glazed over as well, and his veins unlike every other demon were glowing with obsidian.

His hands wrapped around her neck, his impulsive nature breaking his promise as she shook in fear, never seeing something so hauntingly frightful. Her breaths were labored, but when his knee landed right on top of her wound, all her light faded quickly as banshee-like screams escaped her mouth, and now instead, the only gold light that came from her was inside her irises, resembling lightning.

He didn't say anything as he huffed. Instead, as fate predicted, each of his hands before she took her last breath let go, moving instantaneously to her wings. With might that came from anguish and corruption, he, with one pull each, ripped off what made her an angel, and like the power going out or a short fuse, the energy that surged inside her slowly disappeared.

Her scream stopped the courtyard's fight for a moment, the silence from shock, as her wings were thrown beside her, and devilishly Satan got up, leaving her helpless to move on to the next.

With exhaustion, she still managed to roll on her side. The premonition was true, and the whispers -that were fading away- were in tune with her slowed breathing. Tears slipped from her eyes, nothing would've prepared her for this as she looked at her lifeless wings, but as she glanced around with heavy eyes, there was more shock.

Joshua lay against a pillar; something impaled on him, his eyes were closed, and she wasn't even sure he was alive. She wailed with little energy seeing him lifeless, their memories felt distant, and their friendship was on the rocks, but she always cared for him. It was too painful, so she looked away with guilt eating at her sanity.

Unlike her, Soonyoung had no sanity left. He was enraged and looked similar to Satan as he killed lifeless demons around him, but he continued like this was the only thing giving him some emotion. He was so different than who she knew; he was a void.

All the angels had some burn somewhere on them, but even with evil engrained onto their skin, they still fought courageously, with the strength they didn't have.

Panic, one face never appeared, no filter could make her believe he was there, no, Jeonghan was missing, and even with a hazy memory, she closed her eyes tightly when she realized.

Jeonghan was the banished angel.

What was worse than his disappearance was Minghao, who, although he had succeeded in decreasing the number of demons fighting him, was now dealing with three council members who didn't have any signs of injury. All the while, Minghao was littered with battle wounds.

Unlike a premonition, probably a hallucination, Idalia almost imagined the red string as her heart constricted. It was connected to Minghao; its prophecy described loving magic twirled around the line to him. It was the prettiest and most hopeful sign, but she didn't even know if it was real.

But she wasn't the only one that saw it. The tugging on his finger as he threw another punch only confused him, but when he looked down, seeing the red string with its magic, his eyes ran to her. Her weak body lying against the ground only made him fight harder so that he could get to her.

Maybe it was his perseverance to get to her, fate, or crazily enough, the soulmate bond was working overtime to give Minghao enough energy to defeat the councils and, in one final blow of light so he could run -with a limp- to her.

It felt like she kept getting farther away, or that time was moving incredibly slow, but finally, he made it to her, falling onto his knees and then sitting, carrying her limp body to his lap.

His hand quickly went to soothe her, and he caressed her face while trailing his eyes down to her injuries which made him cringe inside.

He looked back at her, and she weakly looked up at him. Uncontrollably solemn tears still fell.

"It's going to be okay, Lia. It'll be okay." He whispered, feeling the open wounds on her back in his thighs from the heat of her blood.

"Hao." She managed to speak even with a dry throat. "I love you."

In horror, her eyes rolled back.

so the sunday deadline, yeah that didn't happen. honestly i was tired and it was midterms so yeah i took a little break cause i've been updating a lot recently.

anyways lay your thoughts here, many plot lines are closing? like certain characters are having their arcs for vol 2

best,
mads :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 82.6K 56
❝You're the one.❞ "W-what?" "The one with the scented blood." *** Vampires are real, and they're not in your dreams. They're up, alive, and breathin...
12.6K 872 31
She did not know yet how sometimes people keep parts of themselves hidden and secret. They were hidden well behind their masks. They were the darkest...
41.6K 471 35
SEVENTEEN IMAGINES - sorry for the errors in this story, I've made this ages ago. Will update tho! <3 thank you everyone who had took their time and...
179K 2.3K 50
𝗂𝗇𝖼𝗅𝗎𝖽𝖾 : [𝗆𝗈𝗌𝗍𝗅𝗒] 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗈𝗇𝖾𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗍𝗌 [𝗆𝖺𝗒𝖻𝖾] 𝗌𝖾𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗌 - - - - - - [𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞] - 케렌✨