(Eren X Annie Book 1) Painkil...

By HTK200

To Annie Leonhart, she was always alone...no one to trust, not even her father. But that all changed when she... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 Meeting Eren Jaeger
Chapter 3 Injuries
Chapter 4 Savior?
Chapter 5 Vigilante
Chapter 6 Movies and Caught
Chapter 7 Father Permission to 'Date'
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 Anger
Chapter 10 Demons They Face (Part 1)
Chapter 11 Demons They Face (Part 2)
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 Morning
Chapter 14 What?
Chapter 15 Broken?
Chapter 16 UnBroken
Chapter 17 Prison
Chapter 18 Escape
Chapter 19 Criminal?
Chapter 20 Pain
Chapter 21 From Bad to Worse
End

Chapter 2

6.1K 76 54
By HTK200

The song isn't from me, it's from Thousand Foot Krutch and the songs name is Be Somebody. Check the song in YouTube. Reason why I also adding Eren singing this song is because my sister loves music like Frozen where characters sing. So I thought writing lyrics of music in the story when she reads it.

For my sister.

//Eren POV//

Eren stood in front of the mic and look back to see Mikasa with her guitar and Armin on the drums, the recording began and Mikasa started to play her guitar and Eren started to sing.

—-The Song—-

"I'm just the boy inside the man, not exactly who you think I am

Trying to trace my steps back here again so many times

I'm just a speck inside your hand, you came and made me who I am

I remember where it all began so clearly

I feel a million miles away, still you connect me in your way

And you create in me something I would've never seen

When I could only see the floor, you made my window a door

So when they say they don't believe, I hope that they see you and me

After all the lights go down, I'm just the words you are the sound

A strange type of chemistry, how you've become a part of me

And when I sit alone at night, your thoughts burn through me like a fire

You're the only one who knows who I really am.

We all wanna be somebody, we just need a taste of who we are.

We all wanna be somebody, we're willing to go but not that far.

And we're all see through, just like glass

And we can shatter just as fast

That light's been burned out for a while,

I still see it every time I pass

It was lost in the corners of my mind,

Behind a box of reasons why

I never doubted it was there,

It just took a little time to find and even when...

I feel a million miles away, still you connect me in your way

And you create in me something I would've never seen

When I could only see the floor, you made my window a door

So when they say they don't believe I hope that they see you and me

After all the lights go down, I'm just the words you are the sound

A strange type of chemistry, how you've become a part of me

And when I sit alone at night, your thoughts burn through me like a fire

You're the only one who knows who I really am

We all wanna be somebody, we just need a taste of who we are

We all wanna be somebody, we're willing to go but not that far

We all wanna be somebody, we just need a taste of who we are

We all wanna be somebody, we're willing to go but not that far

I'm just the boy inside the man, not exactly who you think I am

Trying to trace my steps back here again so many times

When I could only see the floor, you made my window a door

So when they say they don't believe, I hope that they see you and me"

//Annie POV//

Annie could only watch as Eren was breathing hard as he finished singing. Annie didn't know what was happening to her but her heart was beating rapidly. She absolutely liked the song, but she realized that wasn't it, she like the way he sung every word as much as he can. As much feelings in it and Annie heard it all. Without realizing it, she started clapping and Eren looked at her with a smile on his face.

"You like it?" Eren asked her.

"Yeah, you're an amazing singer!" Annie said as she stopped clapping.

"Thanks, but it was thanks to them, actually." Eren told her as he pointed at Mikasa and Armin. "They encouraged me to do this kind of stuff."

"Well, I liked it." Annie said as she felt like she was blushing again but it was dark so no one can see that.

"Oh shit! We're late for the next class!" Eren told her as he jumped off the platform. Annie looked at her phone and he was right, her next class starts in one minute.

"Crap, I gotta go!" Annie said as she grabbed her backpack and started to run. But she stopped and turns around to look at Eren one more time. "Thanks, Eren."

//Eren POV//

Eren watched her leave and about to do the same until Mikasa called out to him.

"Eren?" Mikasa called out.

"Yeah?" Eren asked as he approached her.

"Why are you hanging out with that girl?" Mikasa asked him. Eren grew angry at his sister.

"What's wrong with her?!" Eren growled at Mikasa.

"It's not her I'm worried about...it's you." Mikasa told him.

"What?"

"Remember why we came back to Smallville." Mikasa told him. He stood there silent now.

"Mikasa is right, Eren." Armin said as joined the conversation.

"I know but-"Eren tried to speak but Mikasa interrupted him.

"No buts...you said that we had to come back. I didn't mind staying back in the city to kill Titan gangsters in there. But you said that you couldn't leave Smallville in pain from the Titan Gang." Mikasa told him. "We even dragged Armin and Sasha into this."

"I volunteered actually; Sasha just came here with us because she wanted to eat food here." Armin pointed out to them.

Armin was in charge of communications and news. He was able to hack into the police department mainframes and knew about truth about Eren and Mikasa. He told news of Titan Gang activity in the city to Eren and Mikasa when they headed out at nights. With Sasha help, he was able to create a device that helps the two siblings swing from building to building without wasting time. He called them 3DM Gears. They were large due to the gas tanks but Eren said that it was fine with them.

"I get it but...I don't know but when I saw her for the first time. I just couldn't help but talk to her. Something about her makes me feel...I don't know, I don't understand it." Eren struggled to say what he felt in words. But he didn't understood what he felt.

"Doesn't matter, Eren." Mikasa told him. "Sorry, but it's dangerous to have her around. In the city, I wouldn't worry about anything. But here in Smallvile, that's a different story."

"It's not like I have a target on my back-" she stopped him again.

"Eren Jaeger...son of Grisha Jaeger...the FUCKING LEADER of the Titan Gang!" Mikasa shouted. Eren grew silent as he knew she was right on that.

"Sorry..." he said.

"Ugh...it's not like I want you to never date, Eren. But I am also doing this for Annie's sake. We can't drag her into this, no matter what. Trust me on this." Mikasa said. "No...romantic...relationships."

"Huh?!" Eren said shocked. "Romantic Relationship?! The hell do you mean?"

"Never mind, let's just get to class." Mikasa told them and pulled Armin with her out the door.

"Bye, Eren. See you after school." Armin said as Eren waved goodbye. But when they left, he didn't leave.

Romantic relationship? Isn't that...love? No, I just met Annie. I can't possibly like her. I simply brought her here because I left her alone to explain what happen with the guy with the knife. That's all I did...but her eyes, the way she acts seem to draw me towards her even if we just met. Could it be that I'm just desperate? To have a girlfriend or something...her hair...the way the breeze blew on-WOAH! Woah! Come on, Eren...think straight. He thought to himself but quickly shook it off and ran out of the music room to get to class.

—-After School—-

Eren checked his phone to see that Mikasa left a message to where to meet. He started to walk when he heard someone call out his name.

"Hey, Jaeger!" he turns around to see a foot flying straight towards him. He acted quickly and raised his hand to block the attack. He pushed it back and saw the attacker tried to slide kick to fall onto the floor. But jumped away and got in his fighting stance, crouching down a bit and raising one fist up close to his face while the other remains at his stomach level. But he stopped when he saw who the attacker was.

"A-Annie?!" He shouted.

"Good reaction...you're quick on your feet. Nice." Annie said with a little smile cross her face.

"Uh...ok. So you know how to fight too, huh?" Eren asked her but he realized that she didn't listen. He saw that they drew a crowd to their attention. He look back to see an anger replace her smile.

"Cold-Hearted Annie is smiling?!" he heard someone in the crowd said.

"Isn't she that weird girl who mother's-"he didn't heard the rest as more whisper swarmed the air. He looks back at Annie and saw she was sort of freaking out with anger.

He knew that he shouldn't be involved with Annie but he stop thinking when he saw her eyes replace from anger...to fear...

//Annie POV//

Don't talk about my dead mother...leave me alone...you have no right talking about her! Annie thought with anger consuming her judgment. She hated when people made fun of her...to talk about her like they know her but they don't. And she hated that. But all of a sudden, she remembers her dead mother...she was there when her mother died...Murdered...right in front of when she was merely a child.

M-Mom...No, I don't want to remember! NO! Annie shouted in her mind when she kept staring at the eyes that mocked her with laughter. She couldn't take it...she felt like she was going to cry and she closes her eyes. She was ready to just scream and drop to the floor and-

"ENOUGH!" She opens her eyes to see Eren jumped at the crowd with a roar. He started to grab anyone in arm reach and pushed them away. "I'LL KILL YOU ALL! LEAVE HER ALONE!"

"Eren..." it was all she managed to say before he ran towards her and grab her hand.

"Come on!" Eren told her as he pulled her away from everyone. All she could was let him pull her as they ran away.

Stop...please stop...Annie thought as she continue to be dragged by him to the streets.

"Eren...please stop...don't be stupid for me." Annie managed to say.

"Hell no...I don't know what that was all about. But if you think I'm leaving you alone in pain...think again!" Eren said without looking at her.

"Please...just stop..." this time he listens and stopped but didn't let her go.

"Are you ok now?" Eren asked her.

"I am now. Why did you do that?" Annie asked him.

"Do what?"

"Save me from that..." Annie answered.

"I always had a problem with people suffering and having no one there to be there for them. I know that feeling very well once." Eren told her. She felt her heart beating fast again.

"I see...well, thank you." Annie thanked him. "Thank you for being there for me."

"No problem...but..." Eren looked away from her and she wondered what was wrong. "I don't think we can be friends."

"What? Why?" Annie asked him while she felt her heart felt like it was breaking.

"I can't say but all I can say is that maybe it's for the best that we aren't friends." Eren told her. "I'm sorry..."

//Eren POV//

"I'm so sorry, Annie..." he apologized again. He waited for her reaction as he continues to look away but heard nothing. He looks back and backs away with guilt striking him hard as he saw that she was crying.

"Fucking bastard..." Annie said to him. He tense up when he saw her lift her hand up and slapped him hard on the cheek. "First you're all nice to me...take me to hear music that wanted me to hear. You sang from the heart and you were there when I needed help...NOW YOU'RE BEING CRUEL TO ME!"

"Annie-"

"Shut up! Just Shut up! I don't understand you!" Annie shouted and she tried to run away from him but he grabbed her by the arm. "LET ME GO!"

"Annie, wait! I'm sorry-"he wanted apologize. He realized that he must have hurt her badly and knew he should try to calm her down. He wished he could tell her the truth but he couldn't do if it meant risking her life. He simply couldn't.

"I said let me go!" She shouted as she pulled away roughly and slapped him again. Before he knew it, he saw the car speeding towards her as she ran towards the street.

No...it was all Eren can say when he saw the driver wasn't paying attention.

He felt the drugs in him activate as he began to run towards Annie to save her. Time seem slow to him as he was catching up to her.

"ANNIE!" he shouted as he pushed her forward as she turns around. Her eyes were in shock as he felt his body collide with the car. The pain spreading around him. The next thing he knew...he was looking up at the sky and was coughing...his own blood. He was blacking out and before he went out cold...he heard Annie voice.

"EREN!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 3.7K 37
Highest Rank: #303 in Fan fiction|| The young Prodigy 'Arima Kousei' has finally recovered after the worst tragedy of his life happened to him; the d...
18.9K 1K 45
[A DuckTales AU. Season one rewritten with the Negaverse characters. Basically the show but the characters are opposite. Enjoy!] After Louie, Dewey...
92.1K 4K 22
The beautiful, Taiwanese maknae of Twice has died in her sleep. The group, Onces, and the JYP Entertainment Family are devastated. Chou Tzuyu is no l...
64.5K 1.2K 87
Nezuko Kamado's life changed forever when she entered her house late. Her family was killed and her older brother was turned into a demon. In order t...