SeVen Uncaged :The Second Cha...

By Missing_Min_MeowMeow

(Hybrids x Reader) Tensions rise and secret truths begin to reveal themselves as Y/n alone navigates the bliz... More

To Ask For Forgiveness...
Skeletons In The Closet.. Body In The Basement...
Oh.. He's Growling At Me Again
Duct Tape The Cracks
Into Every Life A Little Rain Must Fall
Cleaning The Wound Is Often More Painful Than The Cut Itself
Some Ghosts Are So Quiet, You Would Hardly Know They Were There
The Sweet Scent Of Pumpkin And Crisp, Sunburnt Leaves
Hybrid Hugs Can Warm The Coldest Nights
Hobi Hates Heights... Noted
Hybrid Hearts Are Complicated
Quick PSA
The Sun Can Seem Blindingly Bright in a World Full Of Dark Clouds
Hold Your Head Above The Water And Swim For Shore
Every Winter Has Its Spring
Always Trust Your Gut
Bonus Chapter: Hybrids POV
What To Do Next
Don't Wait Until You're Ready
Grain or Sand, Nothing Is Extinguished Nor Forgotten
Uncertainty Builds Aspiration
Careful, Salt Can Look Like Sugar
The Right Words Can Become Keys To Certain Doors
Author Note

Ghosts, Goblins, Hybrids & Ghouls

4.5K 288 128
By Missing_Min_MeowMeow

Hope:
/hōp/
noun;

Looking forward to or expecting an outcome, especially one that's strongly desired.

You'd been finding yourself hopeful lately, something you hadn't felt in quite some time.

The ride back in the torture tank was especially interesting with the addition of the pumpkins and “borrowed” goods. Jungkook was happily singing to himself, swallowed up by his massive pumpkin resting in his lap. His glowing green glasses were only one of the many distractions in the car as the pile of hybrids bickered and complained over the lack of space in the already too small of a vehicle.

It was around one forty when you pulled into the parking garage. Most of the boys had already fallen asleep, and the ones who were awake either looked like they were barely hanging on or were your insomniacs.

You killed the engine before awkwardly stumbling from the vehicle, Hoseok barely catching your arm to keep you from eating dirt before he stretched out his long, imaginably stiff legs then climbed out himself, his half-asleep hooded eyes gently reflecting warm light as he pulled you into his arms.

Before you could pull away, you were briskly pinned between his body and the car door. Eyes meeting the ceiling, you held still as the leopard’s breath fanned over the bared skin of your neck, raising your baby hairs. You were expecting a nuzzle from your gentle leopard, so you were nearly startled out of your skin when his heated tongue pressed flat against your pulse, slowly dragging a long wet strip all the way up your neck and along your jaw.

Blinking in shock, you stared at the flat grey ceiling, counting light fixtures to distract from the sensations making your heart skip beats. An admirable effort until his low purr of satisfaction as he pressed his lips and nose roughly into your pulse point sent your stomach into skittering backflips. You swallowed, listening as he breathed in deeply with a satisfied hum before slowly licking another path of saliva along your skin, hot breath sending chills over the wet trail, popping waves of goosebumps along your neck and arms while squirming and holding your breath.

You figured he must have been needing grounding after such a stressful night of constant scares, so you didn’t want to push him away despite the flush of heat suffusing your body. Thankfully you were given a reprieve as the echoes of doors closing put an end to your suffering and Hoseok finally stopped, giving one last sniff with a grunt of approval then pulling back to look at you, eyes half-lidded and red with exhaustion but warm and soft with admiration.

You gave him a small smile before an ‘ahem’ pulled your gaze over his shoulder where the others gathered, watching you with intensity.

“Can we go inside now?” Namjoon’s voice—thick and gravelly from sleep—echoed off the cold stone walls.

Clearing your own throat, you very gently pushed on Hoseok’s shoulder to give yourself space to slip from his arms, walking around towards the trunk for a much needed distraction from their piercing gazes and your pounding heart. "Come on, let’s get everything inside."

They hesitated at first, but within minutes, you hauled everything into your waiting, warm home. The boys—completely wiped out—gave their goodnights after putting everything away, then retreated to their rooms. Even your night owls wasted no time heading to bed, Taehyung and Jungkook eagerly pulling you by your arms to your shared room. Not that they had to try very hard. You were just as dead to the world and the second you collapsed into the welcoming soft mattress, you were already out cold.

"Y/n, wake up. It's Halloween~" Jin flopped on the mattress beside you, startling you awake.

Your exhausted eyes peeled themselves open only to come face-to-face with a jarring white sheet staring back at you. Jerking back and nearly falling off the bed, you stared at the handmade ghost costume, blinking at Jin while your heart rate returned to normal and your sleepy brain caught up.

"Jin what the hell? Is that— did you cut holes in your bed sheets?!"

"We wanted costumes and Yoongi said—"

"Yoongi gave you the idea? I'm gonna kill him." You smacked your face with your pillow, giving a muffled sigh under the smooth cotton case.

When Jin's sad tone asked, "are you mad?" you quickly yanked the pillow from your face by the corner to shake your head frantically.

You pulled him into a tight hug with as calm a tone as you could muster. "No. No of course I'm not mad at you. I think it's cute you wanted to dress up.. I just wish you would have told me so we could have gone costume shopping and not destroyed your bedding."

"Good. You should come play with us now,” he whined, wrapping his arms back around you from under the sheet while his head dropped on your shoulder. “You’ve been asleep all day.”

"What time is it?" You rubbed his back eliciting a motored purr.

"Sometime in the afternoon. C'mon," he pulled away and stood to tug you to your feet before moving to give privacy for your 'morning' routine.

Not bothering with the pj’s, you washed your face and brushed your teeth, mentally steeling yourself for what you were bound to walk into, and as suspected, you weren’t disappointed as you walked into the living room to be greeted by an assortment of ghosts. A few of them sat on the floor in front of the t.v. and two on the couch. One strolled out from the kitchen holding a bowl of popcorn. It was a house of horrors, but not the scary kind. You could feel an aneurysm raring to explode.

Yoongi—the only hybrid who didn’t wear a “costume”—sat on the couch corner with a sinister gummy grin, legs crossed in an unbothered fashion. His hands clasped in his lap like he was waiting for the best news. When your eyes met, his smile devilishly grew, ears flicking in anticipation while one of the ghosts, decorated with black and yellow sunglasses, a leaf hat, and a little black pumpkin bucket, lept to their feet to run and hug you; losing the glasses somewhere along the way.

"Noona!~ Do you like our costumes? Are we cute?" The ghost whom you assumed to be your fox asked sweetly, his honeymilk tone coating his words in tooth-rotting innocence.

You smiled up at Jimin who wrapped himself around you, his features completely hidden behind his sheet, though you could make out baby blue eyes, happily creased into adorable crescent moons through the sloppily cut eyeholes. Hugging him back tightly, you glanced over to Yoongi while you replied, watching the glimmer fade from the wolf's charcoal eyes when your, "I love them," hit him like a ton of bricks. "I think Yoongi is missing his costume though. Why don't you go and slip into yours too so we can start carving pumpkins, Yoongs?"

His ears vanished into his silver-black hair, hands unclasping as he pushed forward on the edge of the couch uncomfortably when all heads turned to him. You half expected a snarky bite out of the wolf but he tilted his head back to angle his button nose in the air with a small scrunch, the left side of mouth pulled open to cockily show off his teeth and canines before he replied, "I was waiting on you first, kitten." His face slowly formed into a smirk, adding, "you're going to dress up with us, right? Wouldn't wanna leave you out."

Gasps surrounded the room before there was an eruption of voices all talking over one another, Jimin giggling his words while Jin and Jungkook tried to yell over everyone else. You couldn't tell who was who but a ghost clad in a bunny mask bounced over to you—his tail bouncing behind him, clueing you in on it being Hobi—he shook your shoulders and as you heard his singing praise that you should—indeed—wear a costume, you had no doubt it was your snow leopard.

"Guys.. guys!" You tried to get a word in while everyone continued throwing out their suggestions on what you should wear. "I only have one costume from last year and I don’t think it’s really.. Appropriate. So I’m not wearing it."

"Inappropriate?" Jimin murmured against your neck through the fabric of his bedsheet, raising your temperature by at least a couple degrees.

"It might be. I could go buy another but.. Will you guys be okay until I get back?" You glanced around the room, nervous about them being left alone with trick-or-treaters.

"Tch, don't be stupid and waste money, just put on what you already have." Yoongi challenged, standing to head towards the a.c. room where he kept his spare sheets.

"But I really think—" You panicked, watching the wolf pass you by before Jungkook shattered your hopes of leaving when he added, "hyung is right. Why leave if you already have one, noona?"

You hid your face in Jimin's shoulder, taking a moment to accept your fate before you pulled away with a groan.

"I'll be right back." As you started for your room, you sent a scathing glare in the direction Yoongi went, silently cursing him in your mind. You had no doubt he had somehow found your costume.

You glared back into your reflection of the body length mirror you'd bought for Taehyung, nestled in the corner of your shared bedroom between your dresser and Jungkook's mattress. The fluffy black cat ears mocked you with their little gold bells twinkling at the slightest movement, sewn into bows of pink lace and secured at the base where the bottom hair-clip was hidden by your hair. You weren't sure if it was the bells that embarrassed you the most, or the matching black tail that was attached to the mini-skirted dress, the base attachment hidden by an obnoxiously large, puffy, satin ribbon in the matching shade of pink. The lace of the french maid style dress tickled your upper thighs, only just hiding the garter belts that held up your kitty stockings as you turned toward your bed, pondering if destroying your bedsheets was worth not being seen in the ridiculous over-frilled frock.

You thought back to the previous year when you and Milly were excitedly shopping for halloween costumes, gearing up for a halloween house party. Ashton was going to be there, so you told Milly that you wanted to look cute. A huge mistake on your part as she picked the god-awful cat dress and forced you to wear it.

You had just put on the small pink collar with a heart ring in the middle when a sudden knock startled you out of your thoughts.

"Y/n, you've been in there forever!" Hoseok's muffled voice teased from outside your bedroom door.

Squaring your shoulders and bracing yourself, you pulled open the door, finding two ghosts waiting for you. One you already knew to be Hobi, but judging by the size and the shape of the ears through the cloth, you could guess the other was Jungkook.

Upon seeing you, their conversation froze, heads turning to your fidgeting body as you picked at the fuzzy black tail between your fingers before letting it drop to clear your throat nervously.

"Um.. Milly—" You started, only to be cut off by Hobi’s excited squealing.

“You’re so cute!~” He sang, swooping you into his arms to spin you around, crushing you against his chest while you squirmed and fretted about your skirt lifting too high; your legs only near missing the dazed bunny who had to step back out of range.

His yelling must have alerted the others because the hallway soon flooded with ghosts, their chattering ceasing abruptly while they approached. Hobi released you from his crushing embrace while the others stared, the silence so thick you could cut it with a knife. You quickly brushed at your dress nervously, the blush crawling up your neck under their hidden gazes.

Fidgeting under their scrutiny, you shyly sidled up by Hobi, a curious Jungkook grabbing at your floppy tail. “I-It’s a matching costume with Milly. She went as a witch, so I was her.. You know.. Familiar. Her black c-cat,” you hurriedly explained, the last of your words dying out into a mumble.

Multiple heads slowly nodded but no voices spoke, a hidden tension thickening the air. You really wished you could see their faces to know what they were thinking, read if they were mad or disgusted so you could at least know if you should take it off.

"Sorry, should I change?" You swallowed, already inching toward your room.

"No!" "Don't!" Multiple voices called over one another, mixed and jumbled as they spoke frantically, some louder than others. You blinked in astonishment, your blush deepening as you slowly nodded back, unsure how to respond.

"A-Alright, I uh.. I'll keep it on for a bit.” You looked at the group, trying to discern one hybrid from another when you realized there were only five of them. “Who's missing by the way?" The subject now off yourself, you could finally breathe, the tension dying down.

"Yoongi’s in the kitchen and Taehyung went to the bathroom," Jin answered with a stretch, being the first to turn and head back.

"Ah. Let's carve some pumpkins! I gotta set out the newspapers first and grab the carving kits from the kitchen so you guys go make yourselves comfortable. Could one of you move the coffee table to make more room for gutting,” you deftly instructed, already giddy to start the festivities. You were just about skipping down the hallway as you walked.

"Gutting?" Kookie repeated, curling your tail around his long fingers as he followed before he allowed it to slip and bounce against the back of your thighs.

His head tilted curiously as he watched the fake appendage bounce, too distracted for your response.

“You'll see. It’s the part that makes or breaks a jack-o-lantern."

The bunny nodded finally looking up to you, still lost, you were sure, but you patted his shoulder before splitting off toward the kitchen while announcing you would be right back. In the kitchen, you found a regular dressed Yoongi at the counter stirring something, his grey tail swaying casually in deep concentration.

Upon hearing you enter, he reached over to pick up a purple mug. Turning to greet you, he was in the middle of taking a poised sip when he choked, coughing into his mug as his eyes landed on your appearance. A thin line of coffee dribbled from his pale chin before he hastily swiped it away, eyes trailing over you in shock.

"What the fuck? I was joking when I said kitten! I didn't expect you to take it literally.” He burst into laughter, eyes turning into mere slits of mirth. “You know I'm never going to let you live this down now~" He teased, sobering up a little before his eyes sharpened with interest, something blazing in their shadowy depths as he placed his mug down with a little less grace. 

"So you didn’t—? Well— Suck my dick," you pouted, reaching across the table to drag the stack of newspapers you'd brought from work in preparation. "Where's your costu—oomph!"

As you went to stand, your shoulders bumped into Yoongi’s chest with a thud, your breath catching when his warm hands instantly found your hips to steady the impact. Your back was flush against him, leaving no air between you and no curve to the imagination.

"It's on the chair.. didn't want it to get dirty," he whispered over your shoulder in that husky voice of his, the tone shooting right through you.

You suppressed a shiver, your body stiffening in an attempt to keep the motion at bay, but as his breath fanned across your ear, smelling of coffee, you could practically feel him smirk. You knew he felt it. Taking a calming, shaky breath, your eyes fell onto the chair where the white sheet laid over the back, affirming his statement.

"S-So what’s cooking?" You swallowed, the dig of his fingertips into your hip bones an unfamiliar sensation that caught your breath before he forced you to turn and face him, dark eyes almost sparkling with mischief before they dropped to your neck as a rogue tongue darted out to moisten his lips.

Something akin to a groan left his throat before one long finger hooked through the heart shaped ring of your pink choker, pulling you effortlessly with him to the counter so you could see for yourself. "Pumpkin spice cookies,” he murmured. “Since the kitten wants to carve pumpkins, I thought it would help set the mood.”

The blush on your face rose to a fever pitch as he hummed, moving you closer and closer towards the countertop until you were pinned between him and the stove; his finger holding fast to the choker like it was a leash to the collar.

“Here, you should try it..” With his free hand, the wolf dipped his index finger into the mixing bowl at your side, scooping one generous lump of dough before placing the spice scented mixture at your lips. “Ahh..” He signaled, faintly smirking as you absently parted your lips for him, too hypnotized by the electricity in the air to help yourself.

In just a single moment, the sweet and spicy paste greeted your tongue along with the saltiness of his finger; the confectionary mix nearly orgasmic to your taste buds. You greedily closed your mouth around the appendage without thinking, sucking and lapping at the dough as Yoongi released a shuddering breath tipped with a groan.

"Mm you know.. you should wear this more often,” he breathed, voice thick with something you didn’t dare think about as he slid his finger from between your lips which pressed together in embarrassment. His forehead pressed to yours, voice almost a whisper, “you look cute all collared up. Bet you'd look—"

An ominous growl erupted from behind him, stopping the wolf short like a crack of thunder; his own responding snarl cutting off his words in his throat. Yoongi’s eyes snapped to the side in challenge, still as stone before he finally released the choker, palms rising into the air in surrender, fully stepping aside with flourish just as Taehyung came storming through the archway of the kitchen. A consistent low rumble made the air feel like it was alive with electricity, standing your hairs on end as it vibrated between the three of you.

"What are you doing?" Tae's baritone voice was barely recognizable above the reverberating rumble in his chest.

“Don’t you think she looks good with that on, Tae?” One shapely black brow popped up under his bicolored fringe, Yoongi's calm demeanor like night and day to the tiger’s ferocity.

Taehyung stood there, clenching his costume in a tightly balled fist, nostrils flaring and chest heaving as though he was breathing in your scent heavily even from your current distance. The sheet fluttered to the floor as he stomped towards you so quickly, you squeaked and pressed yourself tighter to the stove at the sudden movement; his tail thrashing side to side behind him.

The loud bang of palms slamming into the stovetop made you jump just as golden orbs filled your vision until a painfully soft tail hooked itself around your thigh, startling your eyes back open. You were caught in the cage of Tae’s arms, his face centimeters from yours.

Leaning in further, he brushed his lips and cheek against yours before moving to your neck where he stopped, slipping tapered fingers under the choker and tugging; pulling your face mere centimeters from his. You watched as the delicate lines of muscle worked just beneath his tawny skin, making your heart pound in your ears with faltering breaths. You swallowed hard.

"Don’t you think she'd look cute with a leash? Maybe we should buy her a real collar?" Yoongi spurred Tae on with a devilish lilt to his voice.

Tae’s callused fingers suddenly grabbed your jaw, forcing your head to the side where you locked eyes with the curious wolf, his head cocked to the side with a lifted brow while he watched as Taehyung helped himself to your jugular, licking and nipping with abandon. His linen clad thighs brushed against yours, the hem of your dress lifting from the friction and your squirming only making you more aware of the male pressing in closer.

“T-Tae—” You gasped.

Taehyung growled quieter, as though in thought before a snapping sound filled the room followed by a searing pain at the nape of your neck that turned into a dull burn as your nerves caught up to what had just happened. His fingers dropped the broken choker to the kitchen tile with an almost deafening 'clank' in the silent kitchen, your eyes widening to the size of saucers when you realized just how easily he ripped that from your body.

Yoongi pursed his lips in disappointment, eyes flicking back up from the lost article of clothing. “Could’ve kept that..”

With a pleased grunt, Tae sniffed at your jugular, giving a smug chuff before nipping there then dragging his teeth against sensitive flesh, occasionally pausing to nip along the vein to the hollow between your collarbones, setting your body on fire. His fingers found their next victim, hooking themselves into the collar of your shirt; the tell-tale sounds of ripping reaching your ears as he tugged for better access, sending your heart skittering through your chest in fear he was going to rip the material clean off.

"Can't scent with it," Tae grumbled against your skin in a belated reply, the tip of his tongue dipping to the curve of your sternum in drunken concentration.

“Yeah, but that’s not really the point..” Yoongi rolled his eyes, shifting the core of his weight to his other foot, pocketing his hand with a click of his tongue as he waited for Tae to show any response to his meaning.

The wolf’s nonchalance finally dropped, grumbling, “stupid tiger” with a harsh exhale as Taehyung all but crushed you between his body and the stove; your small cry ringing through the kitchen as he bit particularly hard on your collarbone.

“Well, I’m kind of busy right now, so could you two leave?” Yoongi bit out, his tongue pressing into the corner of his lips in obvious show of annoyance.

Without another word, Tae gave your neck one last sniff with a grunt of satisfaction that made your blood boil before he removed himself from you. He rose to his full height, towering above you; his head craned to stare blankly into your soul as you looked back like a caught mouse. A few seconds passed before he bumped his forehead to yours, then stalked out of the kitchen with a bobbing tail, sweeping up his sheet on the way, leaving you to gather yourself on unstable knees.

As soon as the tiger was gone, Yoongi returned to his task, whisking the cookie batter with fervor while altogether ignoring you as you stared in astonishment.

Clearing your throat, you gathered yourself, adjusting your dress uncomfortably before scurrying about the kitchen, picking up the kits, discarded newspapers and bags. You were just about to leave when Yoongi called your name, low enough for only your ears.

“For the record, you should do your research better.” The wolf busied himself with scooping out the dough as he spoke, never looking in your direction.

“I don’t—”

“Unless you want to be mounted, you probably shouldn’t wear such a blatant show of submission,” you could practically hear the smirk in his tone as he tacked on, “kitten.”

Gaping, you stared at his back, completely dumbfounded. “I— I didn’t—”

Yoongi turned then, his look thoughtful as he raised a cursory brow in your direction. “I know,” he tutted before waving you off and returning to his cookies. “At least the young ones have spank bank material now.”

“Yoongi!” You gasped, completely horrified at the thought while the wolf chuckled, his shoulders bouncing under his sweater. “You’re so gross for even joking like that! I’m just gonna leave and pretend you never said such a thing.”

You could hear him cackling all the way into the living room where you found your boys lounging around with some slasher film on the tv. Most of them had already ditched their costumes, leaving only Hoseok and Jin looking in the Halloween spirit. Of course, they were also the ones flinching with repeated, “oh oh oh’s” of terror with every little scary thing in the movie.

“Noona,” Jimin purred in greeting. “Did you get lost? We were wondering where you disappeared to.”

Your eyes shifted over to Taehyung who was too engrossed in the movie to pay you any mind even as your skin prickled where he had torn off the collar. Heat creeping up the back of your neck again, you coughed and gave Jimin your best reassuring smile. “I had trouble finding the kits.”

He hummed thoughtfully, his ocean eyes dropping to your neck, but he didn’t comment. Instead, he stretched and shifted in his spot, making room for you. “Are we going to do your thing now?”

The others perked up at that, watching as you laid down the papers and began opening the carving kits and laying out the various tools. They gathered around you, examining the different cutters and books while you explained what to do with each one.

One by one, you pulled over each of their pumpkins before taking a knife to the top of yours, demonstrating how to cut open the top. “And then we’re going to gut it.”

“Oh?” Jungkook cocked his head, eyes wide and mouth open in fascination.

“Yep, like I said, it’s the most crucial part. Helps make it glow at night,” you explained before taking the mini orange shovel and scraping out the inside, loosening as much of the core as you could before pulling out the guts filled with seeds. “We’ll separate the seeds later for a snack.”

A round of “ewws” and “gross” filled the room, making you roll your eyes as you set the seeds into a bag.

Soon enough, the boys got the gist of it. Jungkook and Taehyung seemed to commit the most, the two becoming competitively enraptured in their works of art while Namjoon and Hobi contentedly worked with mild conversation. Meanwhile Jimin and Jin bickered, arguing over who needed your help more. It was a nice wholesome afternoon for the first time in- you didn’t know how long. You would have cried if Yoongi hadn’t come sauntering in with two plates of hot cookies, fresh from the oven.

“First come, first served.” He announced, placing the plates on the floor next to the group before leaping out of the line of fire as everyone descended on the plates like ravenous beasts.

It was having people to actually celebrate with, the rest of the day filled with laughs and idle conversation; only mildly interrupted by a call from Brayden who tried to convince you to go to his halloween party, which you politely declined.

By nighttime, everyone finished their pumpkins just in time to be put out on the doorstep. Namjoon’s and Hobi’s were cute, generic bat and tombstone patterns taken from the books while the others decided to be more.. Creative. Tae’s was an abstract face that reminded you of the shifting eyes emoji, while Jimin put all your names surrounded by flowers—in a sharpie, because he didn't want to touch the 'goo-slime' as he'd put it. Jin carved “worldwide handsome” into his, some of the letters morphing together and nearly caving the unsupported side in. Yoongi carved a demonic face. Meanwhile Jungkook got ambitious and carved a hyper realistic jack-o-lantern that was going to give you nightmares. Though you praised him none-the-less.

You had just moved the pumpkins outside and put in the fake tea candles when your first round of trick-or-treaters knocked on the door, startling your hybrids who had returned to their movie.

“Who’s that this late?” Namjoon sat up, his ears rotating warily.

“Probably just the neighborhood kids,” you explained with a chuckle as you picked up the candy bucket you had somehow miraculously kept the boys away from before opening the door where you were greeted by a group of princesses and vampires.

They excitedly sang their chant, holding up their rucksacks and pumpkin shaped buckets while you patiently waited. But just as you were about to hand out the treats a puff of air hit the back of your neck and the children stepped back with a gasp. You didn’t even have to turn to see who it was as a little devil spoke up bravely, swallowing his fear.

“Is t-that a real t-tiger hybrid?”

Giving your best reassuring smile, you blindly reached up, petting Tae’s fluffy hair as he rested his chin on your shoulder. “Yes, he is.”

“I’ve never.. I’ve never seen one in real life before.” A shy little ghost fidgeted with her bucket, inching out of hiding from behind the devil.

“Well, they’re really nice,” you said, suddenly getting an idea. You turned and stepped to the side a little to make room. “Jungkook, Jimin, can you come here for a second?”

Curious, the two quickly approached, their ears and noses working to read the situation. “Noona?” Jimin asked, shifting his attention from the kids to you.

“Why don’t you say hi to the spooky guests?” With a prompting wave, you directed Jungkook and Jimin to kneel in front of you.

Jungkook was still shy, but Jimin put on his angelic grin, his tail wagging furiously with the newfound attention. “Hi,” the fox greeted, reaching out a hand in greeting. The children hesitated, but after a few seconds, they were grabbing his fingers, examining his rings and touching his face while he giggled.

“Can I touch your ears?” A little zombie asked Jungkook, to which he turned a panicked gaze to you.

“I’m sorry,” you smiled guiltily, moving to kneel next to your bunny with Taehyung still hot on your heels, looming behind you protectively. “Their ears and tails are ticklish and get hurt easy, so they don’t really like it. But you can pet their hair.”

“Oh..” The little zombie said before hesitantly reaching up, letting Jungkook lean a little forward, meeting the boy half way before he broke out into a big bunny smile.

An excited squeal pulled your attention back to Jimin who was crowded by children, his contagious giggles making you laugh with him as he was attacked by the hoard. Soon enough, the parents grew impatient and called for their children, so they took their turns saying goodbye before you handed them their candies and sent them off, leading your own man-children back inside.

“How was it?” Namjoon asked worriedly from his seat, eyes darting between Jungkook and Jimin.

“They were so cute~” Jimin laughed and squirmed before plopping down onto the couch. “Thank you for introducing us, noona.” Your fox grinned happily.

“No, thank you for being so gentle with them.” You gave Jungkook’s back a small, comforting rub. “The first step to change is through good experiences, so just by being yourselves, you probably saved many hybrids.”

The room grew a little somber at the thought, letting your statement sink in until Taehyung chuffed and went back to his spot on the floor, breaking everyone out of the small spell.

“I liked this,” Jungkook said decidedly.

Your heart swelled with pride, imagining all the future holidays to come and all the new experiences you were going to be able to introduce them to. You had spent every holiday your entire life either alone, with Milly, or in resentment, but spending Halloween with your boys made you realize that they could wash all that pain away, and you were looking forward to it.

________
A/N:

We had to split the last chapter into two, otherwise it would have been too long. The next ch will not be Halloween focused if you're wondering

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 6.7K 16
(Hybrids x Reader) After an urgent phone call from your best friend, life becomes a chaotic, emotional roller coaster. You must learn to navigate liv...
3.6K 551 26
Jin comes from an abusive marriage, his husband uses and abuses him daily. But Jin takes it just so he can protect his two boys. When he finally gets...
736K 26.2K 43
One girl Seven hybrids What could go wrong? Also thank you for the book cover! Credits to @taegularities- ©2019Randomgirl300
Jamais Vu By Nyx

Fanfiction

196K 12.4K 90
This is a hybrid ot7 fanfic! What happens when 8 outcasts, banished from their packs for various reasons come together to make their own pack? can th...